Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2021 10:01 AM
Sep 2009
I'm not sure how I feel for this one... The first part seemed to be a real multi-dimensional fight (which is already jumping the shark), but then it transitioned into a metaworld-style fight (or are we to believe other people could have seen them fly around).

I guess it fits within "When They Cry", but seems like a jump for "Higurashi". Also, if we are going to have magical clothing changes, at least do Bernkastel and Lambdadelta.

I was certainly entertained... but... hm...
Sep 23, 2021 10:02 AM

Jun 2021
This just went from mission impossible to mission in-faking-sanity. What am I even watching anymore lol Brutal death scenes in the beginning.
Sep 23, 2021 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:
Oh it was even worse than I thought lol.
Yes I clearly remember the supernatural, bombastic, DBZ fights in Higurashi.

You know, comparing Home Alone bullshit to this isnt even stretching things anymore. You break the fabric of fucking reality.

Hanyuu literally ex machina-ed her way through Matsuribayashi transferring years of martial arts experience from another world from Hima Akasaka to Matsuri Akasaka for him to proceed kicking ass, with no foreshadowing whatsoever, gain ZA WARUDO powers channeling with Rika with no foreshadowing whatsoever in order for her to avoid Takano's gunshooting. This was just an Umineko level bullshit shounen battle finale. It makes sense in the context, and it's awesome BECAUSE it is pure undistilled shounen battle goodness.

If you dislike this, I guess you hated Umi EP8 A LOT lol
The Ryukishi finales are always bombastic absurd fun that usually go way over-the-top to their standards, no matter how grounded.

If you disliked it, your loss, this was the most Ryukishi this show went in the whole run.

You still compare some magic that all that did was make a police officer a strong martial artist and Hanyuu who is the reason why Rika loops using a time related power for a moment to literal DBZ stuff.

If Hanyuu and Rika could do that all along why didnt they do it in the original?

Umineko and whatever Ciconia has have nothing to do with Higurashi.

You are either on some strong copium right now or hard trolling.
Sep 23, 2021 10:06 AM
Sep 2021
If any body missing the reason why satoko suddenly give up in the fight is because she realizes deep down Rika also love her.

"If that's what you want, then let's get everything troublesome involved and wipe everything out except the two of us and start over the universe again!!"

Probably the ending is they created a new universe or new world or happy end... miracle create by hanyu.
Sep 23, 2021 10:06 AM

Jan 2021
This episode is wild, featuring a bloody Mohou Shoujo-style fight, but I like part Rika turns against Satoko after knowing all the truth.

I would probably recommend this anime with Mahou Shoujo anime I've watched.

Maybe, now there should be a fantasy genre. xD
Sep 23, 2021 10:08 AM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

Hanyuu literally ex machina-ed her way through Matsuribayashi transferring years of martial arts experience from another world from Hima Akasaka to Matsuri Akasaka for him to proceed kicking ass, with no foreshadowing whatsoever, gain ZA WARUDO powers channeling with Rika with no foreshadowing whatsoever in order for her to avoid Takano's gunshooting. This was just an Umineko level bullshit shounen battle finale. It makes sense in the context, and it's awesome BECAUSE it is pure undistilled shounen battle goodness.

The Ryukishi finales are always bombastic absurd fun that usually go way over-the-top to their standards, no matter how grounded.

If you disliked it, your loss, this was the most Ryukishi this show went in the whole run.

You still compare some magic that all that did was make a police officer a strong martial artist and Hanyuu who is the reason why Rika loops using a time related power for a moment to literal DBZ stuff.

If Hanyuu and Rika could do that all along why didnt they do it in the original?

I posted about Umineko ep8 but Higus final Club vs Yamainu scene came after a series of smaller battles and skirmishes.
- Akasaka
- Tomitake
- Irie
- Kasai Shion
All have smaller conflicts before the deciding conflict in played out.

If Higus final battle came out of nowhere it would be strange.

If Higus final battle was the first scene in Matsuribayashi and Also involved Hanyuu giving Rika and Tamura or someone else giving Takano magic powers to duke it out. Then it would be what we got in Sotsu.
Sep 23, 2021 10:08 AM

Jul 2012
Chargecoulomb said:
Danpmss said:

Hanyuu literally ex machina-ed her way through Matsuribayashi transferring years of martial arts experience from another world from Hima Akasaka to Matsuri Akasaka for him to proceed kicking ass, with no foreshadowing whatsoever, gain ZA WARUDO powers channeling with Rika with no foreshadowing whatsoever in order for her to avoid Takano's gunshotting. This was just an Umineko level bullshit shounen battle finale. It makes sense in the context, and it's awesome BECAUSE it is pure undistilled shounen battle goodness.

Youre missing thw point
Ep 8s big Battles come with a huge buildup to said Battle.

I'm not missing the point, ever since Gou Ep 20 this has been escalating more and more in over the top crazyness and supernatural elements. Sostsu's ENTIRETY was a buildup for this escalation.

Satoko is going full witch side and doing some mad shit that progressively escalated in brutality and absurdness (even going ultra instinct avoiding katana chops and gunning down people at ease like an overpowered shounen protagonist would). This episode has all this over-the top-ness escalate from there to it's max like the usual.

Satoko and Rika literally getting powers from the both Goddesses watching from the other dimension and beating the shit out of each other.

Where do you not see a buildup in here, exactly? This season was the most supernatural focused Higurashi has ever got so far, from the start even.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:10 PM
Sep 23, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2021
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'm happy Rika now realises that Satoko is deliberately sabotaging her. On the other hand, I switched to dragonball Z out of no where and I'm not too fond of that.
Sep 23, 2021 10:10 AM

May 2021
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH THIS WAS FUCKING FUNNY
FELT LIKE EUA WHOLE SHIT
LMAOOOOOO

Sep 23, 2021 10:12 AM

May 2020
Danpmss said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Youre missing thw point
Ep 8s big Battles come with a huge buildup to said Battle.

I'm not missing the point, ever since Gou Ep 20 this has been escalating more and more in over the top crazyness and supernatural elements. Sostsu's ENTIRETY was a buildup for this escalation.

Satoko is going full witch side and doing some mad shit that progressively escalated in brutality and absurdness (even going ultra instinct avoiding katana chops and gunning down people at ease like an overpowered shounen protagonist would). This episode has all this over-the top-ness escalate from there to it's max like the usual.

Satoko and Rika literally getting powers from the both Goddesses watching from the other dimension and beating the shit out of each other.

Where do you not see a buildup in here, exactly? This season was the most supernatural focused Higurashi has ever got so far, from the start even.

Eua commentating. Satoko killing her regrets. Hanyuu getting oneshot. Is that what you mean by supernatural?
Where is the supernatural buildup?
Where is the conflict progression.

Keep in mind for all the previous of eps of Sotsu we got explanations for Gou. This is Sotsus first real ep.

KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:11 PM
Nov 2017
I don't even know what to say oh my god what the fuck

10/10
Aug 2017
Satoko tortures Rika again and again

Rika: I still want you, I'm gonna keep you studying harder buddy <3

She tortured you, yet you still want her. The level of selfishness Rika possess also an issue to be addressed like just kick her out of your life if you don't like her or what she has done... Stop saying you want to drag her to the school with her again. This is ironicly a loop.

Sep 23, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2012
absolute dogshit. this whole series
Sep 23, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
This season was the most supernatural focused Higurashi has ever got so far, from the start even.
And you still dont realize that many people dont like that.
Sep 23, 2021 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

You are ignoring the part that this season's standards for escalation were established from the start. You are the one coping lol

Ryukishi escalates from just how much something is grounded or not, to the over-the-top craze fest they can become later in the climax.

Higurashi? Tsumi has a battle shounen roof battle out of nowhere after 5 serious business grounded arc that makes sense in context, and went full deus ex machina craziness with supernatural powers by the end, making sense in context (it's a literal Goddess).

Umineko? From the start has crazy magic bullshit going on, which makes sense in context (subverted magic realism). In the end escalated all that in the most shounen battle way possible (still making sense in context).

Sotsugyou? From the start has all the bullshit from Matsuribayashi finale in mind and rolls with it as a premise (also making sense in context, as crazy hyperdimensional Goddesses can go anyway). Much more supernatural stuff in general even from episode 2 of Gou. Finale? After building up for several episodes a Witch existence going over the top like all hell, it escalates the already established crazy stuff into even crazier stuff.

RGD even, all grounded, and goes over-the-top realistic by the final climaxes.

You must be blind not to see the pattern he usually goes with.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chargecoulomb said:

Eua commentating. Satoko killing her regrets. Hanyuu getting oneshot. Is that what you mean by supernatural?

Keep in mind for all the previous of eps of Sotsu we got explanations for Gou. This is Sotsus first real ep.

What I just wrote above.
DanpmssSep 23, 2021 10:20 AM
Sep 23, 2021 10:18 AM
Dec 2007
The whole episode screams UMINEKO.
Sep 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
Is this it? Have we jumped the shark? The fuck was this episode? I waited 13 episodes to see fucking magical shoujo dbz crap? Next episode will be power of love triumph even murdering me million times? I knew Ryukishi was one hit wonder. Everything after original Higurashi was just pile of trash
Sep 23, 2021 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

You are ignoring the part that this season's standards for escalation were established from the start. You are the one coping lol

Ryukishi escalates from just how much something is grounded or not, to the over-the-top craze fest they can become later in the climax.

Higurashi? Tsumi has a battle shounen roof battle out of nowhere after 6 serious business grounded arc that makes sense in context, and went full deus ex machina craziness with supernatural powers by the end, making sense in context (it's a literal Goddess).

Umineko? From the start has crazy magic bullshit going on, which makes sense in context (subverted magic realism). In the end escalated all that in the most shounen battle way possible (still making sense in context).

Sotsugyou? From the start has all the bullshit from Matsuribayashi finale in mind and rolls with it as a premise. Much more supernatural stuff in general even from episode 2 of Gou. Finale? After building up for several episodes a Witch existence going over the top like all hell, it escalates the already established crazy stuff into even crazier stuff.

RGD even, all grounded, and goes over-the-top realistic by the end.

It would be great if you didnt bring up unrelated series with their own rules into this.

And no, this isnt okay just because Ryuukishi fancies it to be in Higurashi.

And nothing from what Satoko and Eua did can excuse this escalation.

You do realize that your justification for this bullshit is "crazy stuff happens so crazy stuff is fine".

The quality of the arguments to defend this series is proportional to the drop of quality with each passing episode.

Sep 23, 2021 10:24 AM

May 2020
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

Higurashi? Tsumi has a battle shounen roof battle out of nowhere after 5 serious business grounded arc that makes sense in context, and went full deus ex machina craziness with supernatural powers by the end, making sense in context (it's a literal Goddess).

Sotsugyou? From the start has all the bullshit from Matsuribayashi finale in mind and rolls with it as a premise. Much more supernatural stuff in general even from episode 2 of Gou. Finale? After building up for several episodes a Witch existence going over the top like all hell, it escalates the already established crazy stuff into even crazier stuff.

Chargecoulomb said:

What I just wrote above.

I keep repeating this.

Tsumiboroshi
- Aliens!
- Bombs!
- Rika holding an injection!
- Rika fighting Rena!
- Rena going full on tinfoil hat nut.
- Mions injured!
No buildup indeed mate. With how weird and macabe Tsumi was this is the perfect ending.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:14 PM
Sep 23, 2021 10:26 AM

May 2019
This episode was so bad I felt genuine pity for R07. He used to be such a good writer. If his editor & best friend were still alive, he'd slap his face for writing this piece of garbage.
Dragon Ball Satoko and Rika ffs. Have some dignity.

Sep 23, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2013
The Pot calling the Kettle Black
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Sep 23, 2021 10:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What on earth was this just now?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2012
Chargecoulomb said:
Danpmss said:

What I just wrote above.

I keep repeating this.

Tsumiboroshi
- Aliens!
- Bombs!
- Rika fighting Rena!
- Mions injured!
No buildup indeed mate. With how weird and macabe Tsumi was this is the perfect ending.

Look from where these start before going crazy with ideas during the final act.
Tsumi was just an early minor example, as up to Meakashi, this was just a psychological thriller mystery (VN), and from Tsumi onwards alien talk and all kinds of supernatural craze start to escalate with the plot from nowhere, and by the time the bombastic finale that is Matsuribayashi, several things that literally escalated out of the blue happened. You are literally proving my point. This is Ryukishi 101 storytelling, he loves to escalate in his climaxes from an established grounded point the story followed so far in some of which are much more bonkers than the others).

KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:16 PM
Sep 23, 2021 10:32 AM
Feb 2021
I miss Keiichi, Mion, Shion, and Rena. I'll be happy with a Higurashi show without Rika and Satoko now. They start to get on my nerves. I don't understand why Rika wants to go specifically to St. Lucia with Satoko as if it's her long life dream, that even after Satoko killed her and her friends, looks like she still wants it. And whenever Satoko wants her to stay in Hinamizawa, Rika should've said that Hinamizawa brings her nightmare and bad memories because she's killed there over and over again. I don't understand why Satoko's killing everybody never brought up in the argument.

It's such a waste of opportunity. Going against a powerful looper like Satoko who knew your every move is terrifying. It could've been an interesting thriller/psychological story. But they chose to do a shonen battle instead of a battle of wits.
Sep 23, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

Higurashi? Tsumi has a battle shounen roof battle out of nowhere after 6 serious business grounded arc that makes sense in context, and went full deus ex machina craziness with supernatural powers by the end, making sense in context (it's a literal Goddess).

It would be great if you didnt bring up unrelated series with their own rules into this.

You do realize that your justification for this bullshit is "crazy stuff happens so crazy stuff is fine".

The quality of the arguments to defend this series is proportional to the drop of quality with each passing episode.

It's literally the fucking franchise's most consistent pattern LOL, super unrelated to all entries that have the same thing, huh? LMAO

Even other stories that aren't WTC from him have that same sort of escalation.

You can't counter what I just said for crap. This is hilarious.
Sep 23, 2021 10:36 AM

May 2020
Danpmss said:
Chargecoulomb said:

I keep repeating this.

Tsumiboroshi
- Aliens!
- Bombs!
- Rika fighting Rena!
- Mions injured!

Tsumi was just an early minor example, as up to Meakashi, this was just a psychological thriller mystery (VN), and from Tsumi onwards alien talk and all kinds of supernatural craze start to escalate with the plot from nowhere, and by the time the bombastic finale that is Matsuribayashi, several things that literally escalated out of the blue happened. You are literally proving my point. This is Ryukishi 101 storytelling, he loves to escalate in his climaxes from the an established grounded point the story followed so far in.

Theyre not the same though.
Tsumiboroshis alien scaling is pretty fine. Rena believing it based on Takanos research (which is Kataribanashi-hen if you dont know.) K1 sees Rena going down the haywire.
Ooshi gets made fun of for believing this nonsense. This is how it happens. Tsumiboroshi is an amazing example of how to drag a story into the macabe. I dont know if you have read the VN? But Renas and K1s battle isnt as epic or world shattering as the music makes it look.
Seriously now.

Its two people swinging a cleaver and a bat at each other. Are you seriously comparing Tsumis battle to this?

Escalation happened in Tsumi. It didnt in Sotsu, you accepted this point. I think we"re done here.

KuniiSep 23, 2021 2:16 PM
Sep 23, 2021 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
I'm honestly glad I can genuinely enjoy this episode, what a fucking blast it was. I just love some batshit stupid popcorn entertainment.
But at the same time I understand why many people hate it, and I'm sorry for what you had to experience with the Newgurashi as a whole, no cap
Sep 23, 2021 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
This continues to be a hilarious shitfest for the ages. At least Rika is trying to retaliate now, which can be considered "decent", I guess.
Whelp one more episode remaining. I hope this ridiculous charade finally ends next week
Sep 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

It's literally the fucking franchise's most consistent pattern LOL, super unrelated to all entries that have the same thing, huh? LMAO

I dont know why you think that "escalation" justifies turning Higurashi into a battle shounen with magical girls power ups where nothing really matters and the characters literally dont evolve at all mentally.

Also what escalation? This show has been the same since Gou eps21. There is no escalation whatsoever, not that it would justify anything.

Yes it is hilarious that you still think this is good writing just because it follows his pattern(not that it does).

Sep 23, 2021 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
What in the fuck did I just watch? I can only assume this is some Umineko style telling of events or else I don't know what. Regardless the fight made no sense with them flipping through worlds in the middle of attacks even if Rika had the edge and then of course the struggle for the sword at the end. Kinda bullshit how Satoko's neck wound healed instantly after Rika cuts her with the sword shard because of a world transition but I'm sure they can argue that Eua's omnipotent magic powers are making all of this possible and therefore it's all logical and makes perfect sense.
Overall this was somewhat entertaining to watch but at the end of the day pretty stupid.

Predictions, probably still the power of friendship with Keiichi and the others getting involved is gonna somehow asspull a happy ending out of this. Either that or they'll leave it open for another season, announced or unannounced. Kinda like Madoka Rebellion.
Sep 23, 2021 10:40 AM
Nov 2019
What the actual fuck did I just watch?

What a disgrace they did to this series. I loved the original Higurashi. Heck, I even liked Gou, even if it lacked somewhat.

But... this? What the fuck is this? Dragon Ball Z - little girls edition?
Sep 23, 2021 10:43 AM
May 2021
The legendary chair scene is back but it's just to short lmao this whole episode straight up comedy never thought this is higurashi sutso my man it came out of nowhere the fighting scene tho it became DBZ.
Sep 23, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
FUCK YES. This was some weapons-grade nonsense but after so many episodes of boring bullshit I was totally ready to embrace insane bullshit instead. I was entertained.
Sep 23, 2021 10:53 AM
Sep 2021
I love how higurashi fans are hating this episode while umineko fans are enjoying the shit outta this

Best ep of sotsu by farr, I just hope all those umineko refernces pays off

Also Satoko and rika suddenly become tok powerfull because they aren't even human at this point, they're witches, witch of certainty lambdadelta and witch of miracles (confirmed) fredrica bernkestel
Sep 23, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

I dont know why you think that "escalation" justifies turning Higurashi into a battle shounen with magical girls power ups where nothing really matters and the characters literally dont evolve at all mentally.

Also what escalation? This show has been the same since Gou eps21. There is no escalation whatsoever, not that it would justify anything.

Yes it is hilarious that you still think this is good writing just because it follows his pattern(not that it does).

So you admit this was already there as an element for Newgurashi for a while, great. That should say enough on how much you are missing my point regarding how his stories usually go.

Look, I won't even bother replying to you any further, and in fact I shouldn't, I thought we had an agreement on that anyway. It's pointless. You dislike this, good for you. I just gave a heads-up that this is exactly how things go in WTC escalation. I won't and shouldn't really care if you beg to disagree, because I already provided a reasonable demonstration whether you accept it or not.

I'm pretty much done. You think whatever you want, I'm nobody to convince you of any shit, especially when it will never happen anyway, it's a moot discussion at heart, that just escalates in you throwing fallacies and ad hominems at will anyway.
Sep 23, 2021 10:57 AM

May 2020
Guys.

Onikoroshi hen the new upcoming Manga features K1s Kid apparently. Im dying. Ryu why?

Hes literally writing a story about k1s kids, whats next?
Grandkids.
This is how they will milk Higu until the end of time.
Sep 23, 2021 11:04 AM

Jul 2012
Chargecoulomb said:
Danpmss said:

Tsumi was just an early minor example, as up to Meakashi, this was just a psychological thriller mystery (VN), and from Tsumi onwards alien talk and all kinds of supernatural craze start to escalate with the plot from nowhere, and by the time the bombastic finale that is Matsuribayashi, several things that literally escalated out of the blue happened. You are literally proving my point. This is Ryukishi 101 storytelling, he loves to escalate in his climaxes from the an established grounded point the story followed so far in.

Theyre not the same though.
Tsumiboroshis alien scaling is pretty fine. Rena believing it based on Takanos research (which is Kataribanashi-hen if you dont know.) K1 sees Rena going down the haywire.
Ooshi gets made fun of for believing this nonsense. This is how it happens. Tsumiboroshi is an amazing example of how to drag a story into the macabe. I dont know if you have read the VN? But Renas and K1s battle isnt as epic or world shattering as the music makes it look.
Seriously now.

Its two people swinging a cleaver and a bat at each other. Are you seriously comparing Tsumis battle to this?

Escalation happened in Tsumi. It didnt in Sotsu, you accepted this point. I think we"re done here.

I'm comparing Matsuribayashi to this, not Tsumi. Tsumi was a minor early example on how he escalated the premise into absurd territory and ended in a full blown battle shounen 5 hours long epic segment. Which had no ""build-up" leading to it in any other chapter up to that point. Do remind me of ANY if you may, would love to see examples.

Matsuribayashi was the real deal with epic cosmic escalation with dimensional powers popping up out of nowhere. And that's just your usual Ryukishi ride, whether you like it or not, it always has been in there. and they escalate from an established base. Meaning, if something is initially grounded like Higurashi, it can escalate as far as Matsuri did. If something is crazy like Umineko, it will escalate to even crazier over the top territory by the end in spectacular absurd fashion.

If completely grounded like RGD, it will just go bonkers over-the-top within its own terms (no supernatural in there unlike Higurashi).

If it's escalating from Matsuribayashi, now, why WOULDN'T this go even crazier than it as well, like it just did, progressively, as Sotsugyou progressed with the supernatural insanity and overpowered character build Eua demonstrated to have ever since she popped up?

This by all means can only escalate to super powered battles Umineko style, which had just that as well coming from Higurashi as a WTC sequel.

If you can't see that much, it really is pointless to go any further in this discussion, so don't bother replying.

May 2020
Chargecoulomb said:
Guys.

Onikoroshi hen the new upcoming Manga features K1s Kid apparently. Im dying. Ryu why?

Grandkids.

Whoa whoa. Ill just add that this being K1s kid is not confirmed yet. It could easily be k1 with a male Rena.
Aug 2020
I’m drunk while writing this because there is no other way I could’ve gotten through this episode without booze, this is the best Higurashi episode of all time. Ryuukishi, you’ve lost the plot.

Please don’t let this end with the power of friendship.
Sep 23, 2021 11:05 AM

Sep 2007
Nippa69 said:
I love how higurashi fans are hating this episode while umineko fans are enjoying the shit outta this

Best ep of sotsu by farr, I just hope all those umineko refernces pays off

Also Satoko and rika suddenly become tok powerfull because they aren't even human at this point, they're witches, witch of certainty lambdadelta and witch of miracles (confirmed) fredrica bernkestel
nah. Just nah. Don't worry Ryu will disappoint you as well with not connecting the universes.
Sep 23, 2021 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
Was watching slowly so would comment in the end of the season, but what the actual i just watched? Really like both Higurashi and Umineko, but that was just some next level of stupidity ... The looping episodes were not the best ones, but just this one deserves minus 3-4 points for the score ...
Just watched the star wars visions and thought this one was the 10th episode.
Sep 23, 2021 11:07 AM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

So you admit this was already there as an element for Newgurashi for a while, great. That should say enough on how much you are missing my point regarding how his stories usually go.

Look, I won't even bother replying to you any further, and in fact I shouldn't, I thought we had an agreement on that anyway. It's pointless. You dislike this, good for you. I just gave a heads-up that this is exactly how things go in WTC escalation. I won't and shouldn't really care if you beg to disagree, because I already provided a reasonable demonstration whether you accept it or not.

I'm pretty much done. You think whatever you want, I'm nobody to convince you of any shit, especially when it will never happen anyway, it's a moot discussion at heart, that just escalates in you throwing fallacies and ad hominems at will anyway.

It is funny how you think things being the same for more than 15 episodes is set up for escalation. Not that anything that happened in Guu justifies THIS escalation but you dont get that.

"I am arguing using irrelevant bullshit, stop being mean to me", the response.

Sep 23, 2021 11:08 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
Chargecoulomb said:
Guys.

Grandkids.

Whoa whoa. Ill just add that this being K1s kid is not confirmed yet. It could easily be k1 with a male Rena.
Ofc it is Rena. look at the lewd hand holding
Sep 23, 2021 11:08 AM
Apr 2016
allenjke said:
Was watching slowly so would comment in the end of the season, but what the actual i just watched? Really like both Higurashi and Umineko, but that was just some next level of stupidity ... The looping episodes were not the best ones, but just this one deserves minus 3-4 points for the score ...
Just watched the star wars visions and thought this one the 10th episode.
Yeah. This is just ridiculous. Not just the sudden random action but a lot of things didn't even make any sense...
Sep 23, 2021 11:10 AM
Jun 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
Chargecoulomb said:
Guys.

Grandkids.

Trans Rena would make perfect sense for this trainwreck. Lesbians this seasons, Trans the next. Will it be furries or MAPs in the season after that? Place your bets, gentlemen.
Sep 23, 2021 11:11 AM
Aug 2020
FedeStyleZ said:
I don't even know what to say oh my god what the fuck

10/10
People have lost their sanity and probably their virginity with this episode
Sep 23, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2020
The Japanese side is having a meltdown. These were the same people that disliked the Deen Anime for not being accurate enough. So this makes sense.
Higu mangas Mangaka is confused by this ep.
Higurashi new is trending on JP Twitter.
Browsing through 2chn and watching the Chaos unfold is glorious.
Sep 23, 2021 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
The Japanese side is having a meltdown. These were the same people that disliked the Deen Anime for not being accurate enough. So this makes sense.
Higu mangas Mangaka is confused by this ep.
Higurashi new is trending on JP Twitter.
Browsing through 2chn and watching the Chaos unfold is glorious.
Meltdown as in being reasonable and not excusing any bullshit or are they praising it like the best thing ever? I dont know if the Deen part is sarcasm so I have to ask.

Sep 23, 2021 11:16 AM
Jun 2020
Chargecoulomb said:
Smanki_ said:
first time ever writing a reply on this forum just to leave this here

This show completely breaks down when you apply the most basic dilluted version common sense to it, best not to think about it. Youll get a headache.

Willard moment lol.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 23, 2021 11:17 AM

Feb 2017
this was really really strange to me and i cant say im a fan of how this played out. it was entertaining at least but this just felt silly. i was laughing for most of this episode but ill be sad if i watched this entire reboot/sequel and the ending isnt satisfying for me.

wouldnt be much of a shock if they both end up killing themselves and they either both just disappear from existence or are reborn in a new world (not sure how rebirth would work out for them though). neither girl is gonna get what she wants out of the other.

placeholder text
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.