Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 24, 2021 7:35 PM

Jun 2019
GeanWolf2000 said:
Blue_Maroon said:

It’s not a funny joke. In fact, it is gross watching a relationship between 8-year olds sexualized, camera angles and all. I honestly can’t describe the charm of s1 too well, but I think it has to do with it’s energy (which comes down to direction) in combination with the animation. The comedy is very fast-paced and swept you up so even if there were some questionable elements, it moved along quickly. I have not felt that as much this season.

It is still doing the Kobayashi Mary Sue shtick of her saving dragons from powerful foes by saying the perfect things and throwing in wack side plots. The direction is not as dynamic and the animation, while still good, is not where season 1 was at.

I watched s1 for the first time recently, so my different feelings between the two are pretty apparent to me.
if the direction and animation is not that good, i would like to know what is the quality standard you are looking for? many animes would like to have the animation that maid dragin has, especially the shounen ones. for me it's on the same level as s1 if not better. not having anything to complain is looking for defects where there isn't, just give up and stop talking bad about what's not bad.

I don’t understand why you are having such a hard time understanding my comments. I am not calling the direction or animation bad. I am saying that it is not up to the very high bar that s1 set. I AM calling some of the characters and plotlines bad. The worse direction and animation has made the bad parts stick out even more because there is less to make me overlook them. Clearly, you are the one that needs to stop talking because you have no interest in actually listening to other people’s opinions with your victim complex having ass.
Jul 25, 2021 12:47 AM
Aug 2020
Cute episode as always. We got some more Kanna and Saikawa scenes which is always nice, and koboyashi in tohru's maid outfit was adorable! Got some more ilulu devolepment and she still hasn't grown on me much but well see as the season goes on. What happened to the ending tho? No reason to change it for this episode, hopefully this trend doesn't continue because the ending is great!
Jul 25, 2021 10:01 AM
Nov 2016
I thought Ilulu would be the a minor additional cast like Elma, it turns out she caught my attention more than i could expect and i love it.
Still, i wonder why some people overly criticize this series to the minor detail like Michelin star inspector.
Jul 25, 2021 10:59 AM
Oct 2020
Blurush said:
Cute episode as always. We got some more Kanna and Saikawa scenes which is always nice, and koboyashi in tohru's maid outfit was adorable! Got some more ilulu devolepment and she still hasn't grown on me much but well see as the season goes on. What happened to the ending tho? No reason to change it for this episode, hopefully this trend doesn't continue because the ending is great!
of course there was a reason. is Tohru's song for Kobayashi san, just for this episode, how did you miss that?
Jul 25, 2021 11:04 AM
Oct 2020
Azurin_14 said:
I thought Ilulu would be the a minor additional cast like Elma, it turns out she caught my attention more than i could expect and i love it.
Still, i wonder why some people overly criticize this series to the minor detail like Michelin star inspector.
it's probably a gratuitous hatred of anime that goes really well, but people point out "mistakes" that aren't even so serious that it borders on ridicule. they want to see this show canceled anyway.
Jul 26, 2021 1:08 AM
Jan 2014
Blue_Maroon said:
GeanWolf2000 said:
as if the first season didn't have that. the second season is really good, you're just looking for something to complain about beyond the count.

Maybe I was not clear enough. All of the things that I listed are becoming more of an issue in this season because they are not being remedied somewhat by the charm the first season had. The Kanna and other girl stuff was a big problem I had with the first season, but it was easier to overlook because the first season had this energy that swept you up and would compensate with some fun moments later in the episode. I am not feeling that way at all while watching this season so the flaws become more glaring.

"Yes, I can overlook the show sexualising two 8 year olds, if it has good animation and direction"

LMAO that is fucking stupid
Sounds like similar type of cope as certain people with Monogatari avatars moralizing on Twitter about loli, while saying they are fans of a show filled with Loli fanservice.
Shock_YinJul 26, 2021 1:25 AM

Jul 26, 2021 6:18 AM

Jun 2019
Shock_Yin said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Maybe I was not clear enough. All of the things that I listed are becoming more of an issue in this season because they are not being remedied somewhat by the charm the first season had. The Kanna and other girl stuff was a big problem I had with the first season, but it was easier to overlook because the first season had this energy that swept you up and would compensate with some fun moments later in the episode. I am not feeling that way at all while watching this season so the flaws become more glaring.

"Yes, I can overlook the show sexualising two 8 year olds, if it has good animation and direction"

LMAO that is fucking stupid
Sounds like similar type of cope as certain people with Monogatari avatars moralizing on Twitter about loli, while saying they are fans of a show filled with Loli fanservice.

? We literally gave the first season the same score? And I said that it didn’t make me drop it because most of the show aside from those small parts has good direction, enjoyable moments, and good animation? Aren’t you in the same boat or is that not something that impacted your rating?
Jul 26, 2021 7:48 PM

Dec 2019
Is there anyone know the ed song? Seem they didn't post the full version on youtube yet
Jul 27, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2021
I CAN'T UNSEE HOW CUTE KOBAYASHI IN MAID OUTFIT
Jul 27, 2021 9:34 AM

Nov 2020
Kobayashi in maid outfit POG
Jul 28, 2021 6:44 AM

Oct 2007
Ilulu and Kanna traumatized by Tohru with that "idol craze".. lol
Jul 28, 2021 8:16 PM

Mar 2021
PeaceofCake24 said:
duskyboris said:
Is this season more lascivious? I dunno why but this season's not quite "doing it" for me the way the first did, and not because of Iruru either. Still not gonna drop it, but it feels off. Parts of it are still good, though, I'm kind of in the middle with it at this point.

I 100% feel you on the show feeling more lewd and fanservice-y this season but I still like it! (The show not the fanservice) The wholesomeness and comedy from last season is still there and I think you should try and focus on that. I’m just glad that KyoAni are back though~
You're right. The heavier fanservice isn't what I'm here for, but I'm still having a good time, and KyoAni being back in business is some of the best news of the last few years for me.
Aug 3, 2021 10:57 AM

Nov 2009
Lucoa is a good Mom.

Ilulu re-learning how to play games cause her childhood got destroyed by the sudden change.

Georgie... WOW... deep wisdom. The true maid. (but I still prefer the Moe Maid, my life-wish is to have a harem of Moe Maids, LOL)

___ ___ ___

Also, more Kanna Kawaiiness.

Meanwhile Tohru talent is too great, she had to go for the Mega-fan route to have fun... but not so fun for everyone else, LOL

___ ___ ___

BTW, the end card with Lucoa... the Sub put Sagitarrius over the text, but at first look when I saw Lucoa and the text next to it out of the corner of my eye, I saw "Lustarius"... LOL)
amlgAug 3, 2021 11:09 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 3, 2021 2:20 PM

Aug 2018
AAAAAAAA THE FIRST OPENING ! THE METAAAAAA ! THE PAY-OFF ! THAT CUTE MAGICAL-GIRL DRAWN BY FAFNIR ! LUCOA EYE SERVICE ! PERFECTION !
Aug 7, 2021 2:21 AM

Aug 2018
Yes, hobbies are the best xD
PS: Kobayashi looked very pretty in the maid outfit.
Aug 16, 2021 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
5/5

A great episode that I've been waiting for this season. It used all of the characters in some fun way, even if many of the appearances were brief. Very fun character interaction moments, with Saikawa-Kanna stuff in particular always a win for me. As some people touched on I really appreciated the relatable life questions subject matter; doubting what clothes and style can work on you and what that expresses, and finding a hobby as an outlet for your passions. There's a lot of heart in that stuff, and with these characters it's great fun to explore.

I've been cold on the Ilulu stuff that dominated the first 2 episodes, but I enjoyed her presence in the home just find here. Not an overbearing presence I had feared, she fit in quite well and I was on board with Lucoa helping her out with her feelings of guilt that had her guard up.

The ending song was a fun touch to continue Tohru's new found singing for Kobayashi hobby too. I trust it'll be a one-time thing since they didn't add any real new visuals to it. Also, the appearances of fhana animated on the TV they watched were so much fun. Very nice touch.
Sep 4, 2021 8:39 PM
Oct 2013
This episode, especially the jarring ed song makes much more sense now. I had suspicion that something is wrong when I first watch it. It kinda feels like a farewell gifts or something. Either that, or I'm reaching. Anyways, I wish all the best for all the staffs from now on.
Sep 27, 2021 2:46 AM

Aug 2020
This episode was more episodic than the last two. Not much Ilulu development.

That maid outfit 👌. Tough, we never got to see that group picture they took. I was expecting to see it and the end credits.

duskyboris said:
PeaceofCake24 said:

I 100% feel you on the show feeling more lewd and fanservice-y this season but I still like it! (The show not the fanservice) The wholesomeness and comedy from last season is still there and I think you should try and focus on that. I’m just glad that KyoAni are back though~
You're right. The heavier fanservice isn't what I'm here for, but I'm still having a good time, and KyoAni being back in business is some of the best news of the last few years for me.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. If they keep it up, my final score for this season will be deducted by 1 because of it.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 27, 2021 10:29 PM

Mar 2021
MaxiDennis said:

That maid outfit 👌. Tough, we never got to see that group picture they took. I was expecting to see it and the end credits.

duskyboris said:

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. If they keep it up, my final score for this season will be deducted by 1 because of it.
I ended up not liking this season very much in the end. If I can compare it to K-on! which I also like, the first season was much more like KyoAni's adaptation of that, taking the good and leaving the bad, or at least the questionable. This season just felt weird to me. Super well animated, but more uncomfortably sexual, and that wasn't why I showed up for it. It felt very alienating for me.
Sep 27, 2021 11:53 PM

Aug 2020
duskyboris said:
MaxiDennis said:

I ended up not liking this season very much in the end. If I can compare it to K-on! which I also like, the first season was much more like KyoAni's adaptation of that, taking the good and leaving the bad, or at least the questionable. This season just felt weird to me. Super well animated, but more uncomfortably sexual, and that wasn't why I showed up for it. It felt very alienating for me.

I'm currently on episode six. I've got accustomed to the fan service, but still, I won't have the same experience I did with season one. The wholesomeness is not the same. Like, why do I have to see a loli dragon with big melons???

Since I gave season 1 and 7/10, I'm most probably giving this season a 6/10.

It just sucks to see that modern anime focuses on character appeal. I mean, just look at chainsaw man. Most of the hype I see centers around the female cast. Most of the post I see is of Makima with a tight shirt, with certain camera angles. Damn, everyone thirty.

Sep 28, 2021 12:09 AM

Mar 2021
MaxiDennis said:
duskyboris said:

I'm currently on episode six. I've got accustomed to the fan service, but still, I won't have the same experience I did with season one. The wholesomeness is not the same. Like, why do I have to see a loli dragon with big melons???

It just sucks to see that modern anime focuses on character appeal. I mean, just look at chainsaw man. Most of the hype I see centers around the female cast. Most of the post I see is of Makima with a tight shirt, with certain camera angles. Damn, everyone thirty.
MaxiDennis said:
duskyboris said:

It's not really an issue of modern anime per se... Yuru Camp's second season came out this year too, right? This seasonof dragon maid prompted me to read the manga it's based on, and that's way worse than this, believe it or not. The first season was just so much less of what the series it's based on really is series is that it threw people like me (and you too, it seems) for a loop when its true nature became more apparent. The manga is pretty borderline "hentai" but season one of the anime downplayed that a lot. On another note, Science Saru's Heike Monogatari is pretty amazing so far, and is done by Yamado Naoka and Yoshida Reiko, the dream team that did K-on's anime adaptation back when they were with KyoAni.
Sep 28, 2021 12:34 AM

Aug 2020
duskyboris said:
MaxiDennis said:

MaxiDennis said:

It's not really an issue of modern anime per se... Yuru Camp's second season came out this year too, right? This seasonof dragon maid prompted me to read the manga it's based on, and that's way worse than this, believe it or not. The first season was just so much less of what the series it's based on really is series is that it threw people like me (and you too, it seems) for a loop when its true nature became more apparent. The manga is pretty borderline "hentai" but season one of the anime downplayed that a lot. On another note, Science Saru's Heike Monogatari is pretty amazing so far, and is done by Yamado Naoka and Yoshida Reiko, the dream team that did K-on's anime adaptation back when they were with KyoAni.

I'm not talking about all modern anime, just big ones. I mean, would JJK be as popular as it is without its good-looking cast? I doubt it. I'm not saying you can't have good-looking characters in an anime, but it just seems like a selling point to the audience, especially if they are sexualized. It just feels like character appeal comes first than the actual story itself. Idk, my own opinion.

Oct 3, 2021 7:27 AM

Aug 2018
Well, it seems that Tooru is quite talented in many things.. Elite dragon is elite in everything, it seems..
Hobbies are actually quite important thing in the life of person.. I'd even personally say that it's one of the way to be happy in life.. Not the only way, of course.. It can be other things, like travels, family, or whatever.. But it also can be hobbies.. If they are meaningful and interesting for you..
Well.. If you want Kobayashi to become idol.. Maybe you'd want to become idol producer, Tooru?.. Though, it seems you like Kobayashi, and idol thingy is just side thingy..
And yeah, Kobayashi's hobby is toxing her own body with alcohol..
Oct 24, 2021 9:59 PM

Jan 2019
I forgot that Kobayashi was a maid-stan.

Also... a "I have pee beam" is the weirdest thing to use on a child. Only this anime could pull it off.
Nov 1, 2021 5:29 PM

Oct 2019
Yet another very funny episode. Tohru's obsession with Kobayashi reached new heights - or.. depths. That 'pee beam' (really?!) was both funny and weird by the way, if not borderline creepy.
So hobbies are not considered hobbies if you are perfect at them.. I would trade Tohru's talent in... just about everything for 'lack of curiosity and emotion' in a heartbeat :)
Nov 30, 2021 3:42 AM

Aug 2018
Kobayashi's childhood trauma was kinda hilarious xD sorry!
Mar 14, 2022 5:46 PM
Dec 2019
This episode was much better, it had me giggling. It's always fun when the group is together.
I swear they did Ilulu dirty. Why did she need such a big flashy entrance in the past few episodes.
I'm glad to move forward
Jun 1, 2022 10:53 AM
Nov 2020
wait, what happend after fafnir's account got banned
what did he do
who stopped him to destroy humanity
i don't need sleep
I NEED ANSWERS!
Jul 7, 2022 3:58 AM

Feb 2019
Haha, Kanna's loli friend has hots for her. Thankfully they are not alone since Ilulu is at home too.

Damn, I want to rub Kanna's belly too.

Ilulu wants to play, but she feels guilty for almost destroying the city.

Need to pee beam.

Saikawa is hilarious lol.

Everyone is making maid outfit for Kobayashi.

She does look cute in the outfit.

I guess her hobby is Miss Kobayashi herself.

Fun ep, lol.

Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jul 21, 2022 8:26 PM

Sep 2021
It wasn't Kobayashi that Takiya was imagining in a maid dress. (quick look at Fafnir)
Jan 12, 2023 7:59 PM
Jan 2023
Eu amei esse anime não vejo a hora de lançar a terceira temporada eu daria uma nota 10 nesse anime eu amei demais muito bom vale a pena assistir
Mar 30, 2023 10:08 PM

Aug 2019
quite a random episode.
ive never been too big of a fan of how saikawas atraction to kanna is portrayed. i also hate this op

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2023 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
Oh man, there was so much stuff happening in this episode.

Finally Lucoa makes a real appearance. She can turn back time? I feel like she's a bit too powerful lol
Iruru finally got over her depression, guess she'll get some work soon. I wish I had Tohru's guitar skills, that was some impressive shit. The ending was really funny with Tohru's love song for Kobayashi xD
Nov 13, 2023 11:51 AM
Jul 2023
Lucoa is more than the fanservice parody character and her POV just killed me
Feb 28, 9:10 AM
Apr 2013
EP 3

So im back after rewatching s1 and.
To be honest i feel like by the time i finished ep 13/14 of s1 i already forgor what happened in the other eps
And the things that i didnt forgor like, i already remembered them on my first go
Among other things. like, its a strange feeling.
Even right now im kinda like what happened in ep1/2

So anyway ilulu is here now, which is going to be an interesting dynamic now that we went from kobayashi tohru kanna and now with ilulu. kanna also hasnt really interacted with ilulu yet i think?
And you know like everyone.

Interestingly looking at the credits ilulu is actually 6th on the list, not 4th. i guess elma and lucoa both showed up first, but
Though i wonder why elma is above lucoa. i guess she shows up slightly before lucoa in ep 1?
As usual(?) the preview looks pretty bombastic for next ep. Though.
Like this ep it seems ilulu has just become like a normal character now, after the heavy focus on her in the first two eps I wasnt expecting her to just drop off so much.
We did get some kanna as well this time, while next ep seems to be mostly back to tohru.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» STUPID FIGHT SCENES

tongboonbin - May 26

14 by MarciUwU »»
May 27, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

162 by haminshamin »»
May 26, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.