Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 15, 2015 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
Some gif for the fans

http://puu.sh/ey4bp/eb22bf3d8e.gif

http://puu.sh/ey4cB/def1a54b0b.gif
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 15, 2015 5:15 AM

Jan 2013

that panty shot, I almost thought that fubuki is nopan there. lol
OSOI!
Jan 15, 2015 5:39 AM

Dec 2013
tsushima said:

that panty shot, I almost thought that fubuki is nopan there. lol

Yeah it's easy to miss it but don't worry I'm here
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 15, 2015 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
THAT OP!!!!!! Just gave me soooo many GOOSEBUMPS!!! ( yes, im looking at you Tokyo Ghoul )

Not bad Episode. We always need that training episode in like every action anime =D Since it shows that 'character developement' .

Cant wait to see our girls back in action!
Jan 15, 2015 6:48 AM
Aug 2012
Where is Tenryuu? I'm getting really worried.
Jan 15, 2015 7:10 AM
Jun 2011
Akagi sure eats a lot, and Fubuki is starting to grow on me.

Great episode.
Jan 15, 2015 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
Lol that HP-bucked-potion scene ;D Didnt see that comin
Jan 15, 2015 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm. Another fluffy episode. I don't have much to complain about even though it wasn't "good" per se; the OP and ED are pretty epic, but they seem to imply the show has more to it than these CGDCT segments, so I'm still not entirely sure what to expect from this series.

The references are a bit overkill. Other than that it was fine.
Jan 15, 2015 10:43 AM

Nov 2012
Well, its being as bad as the game, could't really expect a lot, at least the animation is not so bad.
Jan 15, 2015 10:51 AM
Nov 2013
Meh, 2/5 for this episode. At least was a bit better than the first episode, but still is a pretty stupid anime. The premise could be interesting, but the all female cast doesn't make sense, and all characters until now are really terrible and probably they are just there to cater to moe lovers. There's nothing the show can offer besides okay production values and some fanservice here and there. A complete waste of what could be a good concept. Really a shame. If this serves as game marketing, I don't think is working either (or perhaps it's just me that thinks this is really bad).
Jan 15, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
Kolnikov said:
If this serves as game marketing, I don't think is working either (or perhaps it's just me that thinks this is really bad).

the playerbase is around 2.5 mil now. the anime is clearly targeted at those who played the game, not for those who watches casual anime.

honestly i would suggest anyone that doesn't play the game to simply dropped this anime.

Jan 15, 2015 12:35 PM
Nov 2013
Alexlung said:
Kolnikov said:
If this serves as game marketing, I don't think is working either (or perhaps it's just me that thinks this is really bad).

the playerbase is around 2.5 mil now. the anime is clearly targeted at those who played the game, not for those who watches casual anime.

honestly i would suggest anyone that doesn't play the game to simply dropped this anime.

Hmmmmmm interesting, now I have to watch just to say how bad it is then. Meh, just kidding, isn't a worthy target I guess. Thanks for the warning anyway.
Jan 15, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
I loved the battle scenes in first episode, I need more of those. This episode was meh.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 15, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2014
Fubuki-chan keep working :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 15, 2015 3:05 PM
Nov 2010
Kolnikov said:
Meh, 2/5 for this episode. At least was a bit better than the first episode, but still is a pretty stupid anime. The premise could be interesting, but the all female cast doesn't make sense, and all characters until now are really terrible and probably they are just there to cater to moe lovers. There's nothing the show can offer besides okay production values and some fanservice here and there. A complete waste of what could be a good concept. Really a shame. If this serves as game marketing, I don't think is working either (or perhaps it's just me that thinks this is really bad).

Part of what made Kancolle popular is its many nods to the historical events and to itself (Naka, #48, therefore idol etc). There are a lot of thoughts put into each character in their in game dialogue and designs. I don't play the game but my background as a military ship modeller, and that many modellers do play the game and post screenshots allowed me to recognise many characters and appreciate the many references. But if you are jumping in without much knowledge about the ships themselves nor play the game, then it may very well appear to be a generic online game and a SoL without direction.
Jan 15, 2015 5:03 PM
Dec 2013
potplant said:
Kolnikov said:

Part of what made Kancolle popular is its many nods to the historical events and to itself (Naka, #48, therefore idol etc). There are a lot of thoughts put into each character in their in game dialogue and designs. I don't play the game but my background as a military ship modeller, and that many modellers do play the game and post screenshots allowed me to recognise many characters and appreciate the many references. But if you are jumping in without much knowledge about the ships themselves nor play the game, then it may very well appear to be a generic online game and a SoL without direction.

Interestingly, although the IJN did not assign hull numbers to their ships, Naka was also routinely tasked with transporting elements of the IJA 48th Infantry Division.
MeatwadsanJan 15, 2015 6:41 PM
Jan 15, 2015 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
Kolnikov said:

As a Kancolle Player who played the game.
I enjoy it a lot.

Because this anime is aimed at Kancolle Players and not Anime Watchers.
For those who haven`t played Kancolle might find it disappointing.

I suggest you should dropped it if you don`t want to waste your time on this anime.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 15, 2015 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
Destroyer Fubuki was needs a training and more than exercise everyday and night, she keeps on balancing on her legs on floating and also she will good training with firing aim exercises keeps accurate, balancing and torpedo range.....

(See Fubuki~Chan is complete to train and let's start the Battle begin in EP 3)
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 15, 2015 6:58 PM
Dec 2013
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
Destroyer Fubuki was needs a training and more than exercise everyday and night, she keeps on balancing on her legs on floating and also she will good training with firing aim exercises keeps accurate, balancing and torpedo range.....

(See Fubuki~Chan is complete to train and let's start the Battle begin in EP 3)

Fubuki also infamously torpedoed 5 of her own ships at Sunda Strait, including one with a Lt. General aboard.
Jan 16, 2015 12:06 AM

Jan 2012

Now i'm hyped to play kancolle again after a 6 months break :o
Shimakaze <3
Jan 16, 2015 2:10 AM

Sep 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLDRdMV4sM

Seriously, this opening is one of the best from the season !
Jan 16, 2015 2:55 AM

Dec 2008
Enjoying the anime so far, doubt I 'll dislike it.(Opinion might be bias as a player though.)
Hope the plot will go down serious routes later on though.
Really hyped about the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 3:37 AM

Nov 2012
well, lots of training this episode. and some fanservice too here and there. can't really say it's impressing me so far, but we'll see..
Jan 16, 2015 6:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
At first i watched this because of Shimakaze, but now i want to hear more poi's. Please help those poi's are addicting :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 16, 2015 6:24 AM
Nov 2013
potplant said:
Kolnikov said:

I'd rather feel offended in this case then, with such an interesting background and concept being treated mindlessly.
Jan 16, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
potplant said:
Kolnikov said:

I'd rather feel offended in this case then, with such an interesting background and concept being treated mindlessly.

If lot of thoughts are put into each character's dialogue and design, who is this treating the concept and background "mindlessly"? Doesn't this instead show thoughtfulness?
Jan 16, 2015 12:52 PM

Dec 2008
By the way does anyone know if Naka's "First Love Torpedo Squadron" song a thing?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 5:27 PM
Nov 2013
boyofmystery said:
Kolnikov said:

If lot of thoughts are put into each character's dialogue and design, who is this treating the concept and background "mindlessly"? Doesn't this instead show thoughtfulness?

If you think the cute generic girls character design, all female cast and the "ganbaru" cliche dialogues are thoughtful, then can't help sir :/
blankflatJan 16, 2015 5:36 PM
Jan 16, 2015 5:38 PM

Dec 2014
they should probably try to incorporate some of the historical facts about the ships to make the show better
Jan 16, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2008
028 said:
they should probably try to incorporate some of the historical facts about the ships to make the show better

They already "did" in the shape of the design of the girls and their personalities and traits.
Remember that they are not "the ships" that went through real past war, but basically just a "reincarnation" of said ships with memories of battles and war from their previous life.
KanColle's references are subtle, they never do over-exposition even in the game.
-One example is Sendai, She keeps saying Night Battles, and have a tendency to be more active at night it's because 3 out of 4 of her battles was at Night.
-Akagi who keeps saying to not get over complacent because of a Victory, this is reflecting her loss at Midway after early consecutive victories resulting the IJN Carrier Fleet to underestimate the US Navy.

Also how is inserting "facts" suddenly makes a show better when you think it's not good to begin with. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 16, 2015 6:18 PM

Aug 2010
On a side note, I wonder if we are gonna see some remodelling for the girls. I'd really like to see Yuudachi Kai ni kicking a significant amount of ass.

Also, the game incoorporates quite a few historical facts about the ships (from changing of the art when remodelling to their lines in combat to their stats (yuudachi kai ni for example. In her last battle she went berserk, did a significant amount of damage and broke the allied fleets formation. The game made her look wilder and gave her an increased cap to her firepower, so she can hit as hard as a heavy cruiser despite being only a DD)

Problem with bringing all this information to the anime is
a) only a few ships got close ups so far, we only saw the others once or twice
b) it's only the second episode. Give it time
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 16, 2015 6:33 PM

Jul 2009
i enjoyed the training bit bit i feel like i need to play the game to get a better grasp of whp everyone is orz
Jan 16, 2015 9:02 PM

Mar 2014
haha Akagi's repair time.. no joke
I'm just surprised they included the ticker, also the instant repair buckets xD
I'm really liking how it feels faithful to the game

if only Shigure was more than a background character
I'm just going to keep hoping. ..

Both the op and ed were really good!
Jan 16, 2015 10:55 PM
Dec 2013
izna said:
haha Akagi's repair time.. no joke
I'm just surprised they included the ticker, also the instant repair buckets xD
I'm really liking how it feels faithful to the game

if only Shigure was more than a background character
I'm just going to keep hoping. ..

Both the op and ed were really good!

But she's bad luck for everyone else! XD
Jan 16, 2015 10:57 PM
Dec 2013
And her luck only helps herself...
Jan 17, 2015 12:22 AM

Mar 2014
Another enjoyable episode. I absolutely love the Opening :D

That, *cough*Tokyo Ghoul*cough* , is how u make an OP.
Zanos1Jan 17, 2015 12:44 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 17, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
Wordsmith said:
On a side note, I wonder if we are gonna see some remodelling for the girls. I'd really like to see Yuudachi Kai ni kicking a significant amount of ass.

Also, the game incoorporates quite a few historical facts about the ships (from changing of the art when remodelling to their lines in combat to their stats (yuudachi kai ni for example. In her last battle she went berserk, did a significant amount of damage and broke the allied fleets formation. The game made her look wilder and gave her an increased cap to her firepower, so she can hit as hard as a heavy cruiser despite being only a DD)

Yes Please. I would love to see Yuudachi Kai Ni :3
Jan 17, 2015 11:21 AM

Dec 2010
I enjoyed this episode. It had its funny moments. I look forward to watching Fubuki continue to get better.

The classroom scene was especially priceless.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 17, 2015 8:35 PM

Aug 2009
wow, i can't believe the kancolle score in MAL get just 6 point, i thought it would be higher.

anyway eps 2 is pretty good i hope there is more fight scenes in this anime and i already like the opening song a lot
Jan 17, 2015 8:37 PM
Dec 2013
What's with the BBCode images not working... ;.;
Jan 17, 2015 9:26 PM

Nov 2012
TheMeatwad said:
What's with the BBCode images not working... ;.;

MAL is MALfunctioning.
Jan 18, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2012
This was a good Fubuki development episode.

Great episode!!!
Jan 18, 2015 8:10 AM

Jun 2014
tsuntsunrage said:
wow, i can't believe the kancolle score in MAL get just 6 point, i thought it would be higher.

anyway eps 2 is pretty good i hope there is more fight scenes in this anime and i already like the opening song a lot

I think the lack of explanation on what the girls are make it confusing and silly to people. And obviously, MAL scores are not a reliable indicator of quality.
To me, a "6" means 'decent, good, better than average but not really outstanding'
Jan 18, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2013
What absolute garbage. Dropped.
Jan 18, 2015 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
Awww Fubuki barely getting any sleep and doing all that training...but it looks like she's finally starting to get the hang of it. Can't wait to see her in the next battle!
Jan 18, 2015 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
It was boring as shit.
Jan 18, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2014
TIL Instant Repair Bucket = Instant Orgasm Bucket
Jan 18, 2015 8:17 PM

Oct 2014
Dat OP... Some shivers down my spine...

Meh... Slice of Life Water-skiing training simulator...

And yet watch this show get dark all of sudden... that would be funny....
Jan 18, 2015 11:32 PM

Aug 2013
tsuntsunrage said:

I can believe it, this anime is incredibly boring.. it really boils down to how willing you are to watch an anime just for the sake of watching cute girls. What exactly is the story? I'm still not quite sure...
Jan 18, 2015 11:59 PM

Jul 2014
Kyuutoryuu said:
tsuntsunrage said:

I can believe it, this anime is incredibly boring.. it really boils down to how willing you are to watch an anime just for the sake of watching cute girls. What exactly is the story? I'm still not quite sure...

Dude, this anime is aimed for the players, if you didn't play the game you might as well drop it now. i don't think a lot of people would get the stuff that they are putting from the game like Nighttime and MVP, unless they are pretty damn obvious like the repair bucket.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.