Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2021 11:10 AM
Mar 2021
Anyone know a good psychiatrist? Asking for a friend...🙄
Jun 21, 2021 11:11 AM

May 2016
I love how when the mom said that, everyone just paused and sat there for 30 seconds in disbelief that she actually said that.
Jun 21, 2021 11:17 AM

Jan 2018
Looks like Yoshichad tagging along to Hokkaido was for the best. Without him Sayu's mom's perspective on Sayu probably wouldn't change.
Speaking of Sayu's mom, she's an awful mother. It makes me cringe how some dumbasses were praising her slapping Sayu in the last episode. Is Sayu in the wrong here? Yes, she is. Did she deserve a punishment for her wrongdoing? Probably, yes. But Sayu's mom had NO idea of the gravity of the situation she was in. She had no clue what Sayu was going through after she ran away from home. To top it off, SHE WAS THE MAIN REASON SAYU RAN AWAY FROM HOME IN THE FIRST PLACE. And this episode basically confirms that Sayu's mother was more concerned about rumors than her actual daughter.
It's pretty clear clowns just want to ride the Sayu hate meme and was merely trying to justify the slap no matter how weak the reasoning is.
Jun 21, 2021 11:20 AM

Jan 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
I love how when the mom said that, everyone just paused and sat there for 30 seconds in disbelief that she actually said that.
It's one of the worst possible things a parent can say to their child, even if it's for a joke.
Jun 21, 2021 11:29 AM
May 2019
Anyone besides me wanted to break Sayu's mom's neck in the slowest, most painful way possible?
Jun 21, 2021 11:31 AM

Oct 2020
Geez, Sayu's mother is way worse than I expected. It's really no surprise that Sayu's dad decided to leave that bitch. There are things you should never tell your kids and, telling them that they should've never been born is definitely one of them. Yoshida, the legend, does everything in care for Sayu. Seeing him get on his knee and seeing him cry for Sayu just proves how much he cares. And now, with great success, Sayu can stay with her mother until she graduates. One more episode left!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2021 11:33 AM

Oct 2020
This was such a real episode. I could feel the emotions raging as Sayu and Yoshida cried their hearts out. Right now, Higehiro is my AOTs (and ive watched 30+ shows this season). I do hope they end it on a good note. Fingers crossed ><

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jun 21, 2021 11:41 AM
Feb 2016
No child should have to endure such a narcissistic parent. It's probably Japanese culture to defer so much to someone who is basically mentally unstable, but brother and sister should leave the house and go live together.
Jun 21, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2019
The behavior and words of Sayu's mother in this episode should serve to negate all the claims made by some last week about how her slap of Sayu was justified because her daughter disappeared for months and this was the natural reaction of a parent who was enraged because they were made to feel sick from worry. She didn't care about that to begin with.

The slap wasn't anger over being made to worry for her daughter. The slap was out of anger over fear of damage to her own reputation and social position/standing, as revealed openly by everything she explicitly stated in this episode.

Absolute small-minded scum like this only can think about and only care about how other people view them as if it is the ultimate metric for a person's worth in life. They put the "saving face" garbage above their own quality of life, their children, and the quality of life of their children.

Sayu's mother said she should never have given birth to her, and in a way, I agree. People with that mentality shouldn't have children in the first place (parents don't choose who their child will be/become just as children don't choose their parents, but unlike children, parents choose to have children unless they are raped and held down/forced to give birth against their will or something outlandish like that; no child or person who has ever existed ever chose to be born).

But further, Sayu's mother shouldn't have given birth because she herself shouldn't have existed in the first place. Sayu's grandmother shouldn't have given birth. Less humans like that on Earth would make the planet a better place. People of such low intelligence and imagination as to only place value on others' appraisal to the extent of destroying their own lives and their children's lives for the sake of fake, meaningless keeping up of appearances are really a disease in this species.

Imagine having your life so controlled by your own sense of worthlessness and of fear that you live like this and you're more concerned and assign more value to random strangers' opinions than whether your own child is alive or dead. I don't "hate" people like this. I just think of them as having little more free will in actuality than the way most people view tapeworms or bacteria.
WatchTillTandavaJun 21, 2021 11:52 AM
Jun 21, 2021 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
I'm almost impressed at this show's ability to keep one-upping itself on how comically over-the-top evil the mother is. She's not a character at all, just a caricature filled with all the terrible parent and terrible human cliches in one package. Physically abusive, doesn't give a damn about her children over her own reputation, dares to tell her own daughter that she wishes she had never been born and then has the absolute temerity to go and play the victim in all of this.

And then we're supposed to believe that Yoshida and her son (who I have to assume she treats as badly as she does Sayu) getting on their knees in front of her is all it takes to bring the situation under some form of control? Worse still, we're supposed to accept that it's right for Sayu to stay in the same house as her abusive mother and be "raised" by someone who wishes she was never born? Fuck this stupid "blood is thicker than water" bullshit that so many anime throw out there to excuse the behaviour of outright abusive parents. No, it's no benefit whatsoever for Sayu to be raised in that house and it is 100% not the only option. The brother is rich, right? Why don't they move out and permanently cut ties with that narcissistic, abusive psycho of a mother?

Fuck this absolute garbage fire of an anime and its excusing of outright evil abusive parenting. There's nothing this show could have done to piss me off more than this and to make me absolutely despise it with every fibre of my being, so well done Higehiro and fuck you.
AtavisticJun 21, 2021 11:55 AM
Jun 21, 2021 11:52 AM
Feb 2014
Ok, that's too Japanese for me to understand.

How any of what they're doing make any sense, and how does that solve anything ? Dogeza, how him apologizing would make the mother understand how selfish she is? That would rather makes her feel that she's right, no ?

Actually we still don't why the mother acts like that. Best guess is that she cares more about reputation that her family and its happiness.

I don't know, feels like in Japan you just need to humiliate yourself to show people that they went too far, I mean how could the mother justify everything she's doing to herself, how could she think that she was doing what's right ?
Jun 21, 2021 11:52 AM
Apr 2021
wew, without a doubt it's a good anime, I can't call this episode a "turnaround", even as I'm expecting it, but it's a beautiful anime, despite its many flaws.
Jun 21, 2021 11:54 AM
Apr 2021
pixo said:
Ok, that's too Japanese for me to understand.

How any of what they're doing make any sense, and how does that solve anything ? Dogeza, how him apologizing would make the mother understand how selfish she is? That would rather makes her feel that she's right, no ?

Actually we still don't why the mother acts like that. Best guess is that she cares more about reputation that her family and its happiness.

I don't know, feels like in Japan you just need to humiliate yourself to show people that they went too far, I mean how could the mother justify everything she's doing to herself, how could she think that she was doing what's right ?

theoretically it is possible to say that the mother has some mental problem, possibly some bipolar disorder... but I do believe that begging for someone with a superiority complex tends to work, even more in a double dose
Jun 21, 2021 12:09 PM

Nov 2017
I really don't like where this ending is heading right now

plz @ me
Jun 21, 2021 12:12 PM
May 2017
Sorry but this is too overly dramatic. Minus 1 point from me. Yoshida should've beat the hell up the bitch.
Jun 21, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
I just wished Yoshida would throw the glass of drink at Sayu's mother. How rude she speaks about Yoshida and Sayu. In addition of begging is just no no.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 21, 2021 12:35 PM
Jan 2021
The mother is just insufferable holy... The embodiment of a bad parent.
Jun 21, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2012
Yoshida was so weak... I hated how he behaved. He should have accused the mother of being unfit for the role and ask for custody. People like her do not change.
Alex796 said:
Is it only me who didn't like this resolution?

I don't subscribe to the "blood is thicker than water" thing. I, with my western POV, hoped that after Yoshida stopped himself from throwing the glass of juice at her, he'd tell Sayu something like: "let's go back home." and she'd reply: "Hai" tearfully.

But now, she's gonna stay in that awful house until she graduates from high school!? It's preposterous...

I don't think nobody should take s--- like that. Not even from parents. Maybe a lot of people here never really saw stuff like that in real life, but I saw. There are plenty of people out there - millions upon millions - who cut their parents off for stuff just like that.

About blood being thicker than water or not... well it used to be before feminism and then we entered a human version of mouse utopia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgGLFozNM2o&ab_channel=FredrikKnudsen filled with unfit mothers and other unnatural behaviour
nightcrawlercypJun 21, 2021 12:41 PM
Jun 21, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2021
How the fuck this episode was stretched so long lmao Liked how this was the logical ending and not some bullshit like Sayu going back to Tokyo because shitty feelings and fairy tales, but fuck the arguing was painful to watch, all the inner monologue was utterly unnecessary, seems like they dont think that we can understand Yoshida's train of thoughts 12 episodes into the series, and it makes sense, this bullshit show didn't portray him as nothing but a self righteous guy, but the monologue followed that shitty scheme anyways so it doesnt matter

And her mother behaviour is extremely inconsistent with how she portrays herself, not like that couldnt exist, but if she cares that much about how others view her, why would she say that sort of fucking and abusive nonsense in front of an stranger? Did the writer want to make her the evil itself instead of making a more subtle character that would be abusive anyways?

Jun 21, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
Respect to Yoshida for being and staying as calm as he was. When I heard the line "I wish I never gave birth to you" was thrown at Sayu, I would have lost all marbles... That's the WORST thing you can say to your child. It's what was once said somewhere in my family and I can easily say, there's no longer any contact between those parties.

Either way, quite the emotional episode, I definitely didn't think to see Yoshida cry like he did. That was pretty heartbreaking to see. Obviously he cares about Sayu after all those months and I also understand that it's not his place to meddle too much, but I can totally get why he got emotional. I think I would be the same.

So Sayu is going to stay till graduation and Yoshida told her to give it time. I can't wait to see what happens in the final episode. I wonder if we're gonna see anything in a distant future or not.
Jun 21, 2021 2:18 PM

May 2021
Okay, story aside. WTF happened to the artstyle? It literally took a nosedive over the previous episode, are they running out of budget or did they just become lazy? This is only 3 screenshots of Yoshida, trust me, there's more and of other characters too. And these aren't single frames, no, they would be like that for seconds.

Jun 21, 2021 3:11 PM
Feb 2020
Okay.... No doubt that mother is a bitch and she is worse than the guys who took advantage of Sayu when she ran away, but wtf is with the beta males? You go on a tirade in your own head and then nothing but cry baby shit comes out of your mouth. The way that mom is, none of what he said would have done nothing but make her more upset. I can see why his ex broke up with him for being to nice now.
Jun 21, 2021 3:50 PM

Sep 2018
One of the worst episodes I've ever seen lol, it was like I was watching a gag comedy, but these scenes were meant to be serious. Absolute cringe and trash writing once again.
Jun 21, 2021 4:06 PM
Jan 2021
Sondfer said:
I'll rate this episode "not buying this forced drama/10".
not really forced you could tell since the first few episodes she had family problems ,and having sex with men just to not return home something is obviously wrong at home seems you couldn't understand though…
Jun 21, 2021 4:21 PM
Aug 2015
Criticiza said:
Well the mother is a bigger POS than I expected. She's probably mentally ill in some way or another imo, as her actions tend to not seem sane, like when she realised she was cornered that was the main trigger for me to think this way but what the hey, I'm not a psychiatrist.

Like I thought, the mother slapped sayu because HER reputation got damaged, not the fact that sayu ran away without telling her. Seems like she's heavily concerned with her own image, to the point she forgets about her own child. I don't really get why they don't just report her for neglect/abuse or why sayu just didn't go to a foster home, but I'm not too well versed with that side of things, especially the japanese side of things so its not really my place to say anything.

Her mother's tirade was honestly so stupid, like sure, you'd be concerned about some random old stranger that came back with your daughter from tokyo, but not enough to snap at him straight off the bat. I seriously don't understand how sayu kept herself from shouting or leaving the room, she was getting so much slack and you could see how much her mother despised her through her conversations.

When yoshida gripped the coke glass, I about leapt into the air with a guts pose, but he did the adult thing and controlled his anger so props to that. Surprised he dogeza'd like I assume that's a respect thing when you're begging as you're the lowest of the low - both physically and in the conversation- and sayu's mum definitely didn't deserve that, but sometimes you have to put your pride to the side to get what's right.

Her little temper tantrum really threw me off, like a little kid that gets angry when they don't get what they want. Issa really is acting as though he's aiding her thought pattern, like her behaviour was uncalled for but he supported her, making it seem okay but I guess she is family after all, but I do wonder where he draws the line.

The little outside scene was heart warming, and yoshida gripping sayus hand back was sweet but then issa had to ruin the moment eh? Again did not expect yoshida to want to talk to the mother again, moreover apologise for his actions, but yoshida-man is on a separate plane of thinking to me.

Seem like sayu's life may get better, fingers crossed we get a nice ending and not some dodgy no one wins ending, where both yoshida and sayu find their own happiness elsewhere whilst remembering the memories and impact they had on one another!

Okay so you perfectly summarised EXACTLY what I was going to say. That lady needs some serious therapy.
Jun 21, 2021 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
The episode started with Mom slapping Sayu. ehwuh

The episode then proceeded to everyone in Sayu's family in the table with the outsider, Yoshida. I felt embarassed just from seeing Yoshida present in that situation honestly, but things has proceeded well for Sayu and Yoshida possibly for being there for her.

Gosh, Sayu's mother is so meanie. Because of this episode, now we really know that Sayu's mom doesn't really care about Sayu herself at all!

Both Yoshida and Issa bowed down so low, and it made Sayu's mom go crazy. Does Sayu's mom have mental problems?

Yoshida is returning to Toukyou by tomorrow morning! So I'm guessing, next episode? I hope Yoshida won't meet Police waiting for Yoshida there though! Sayu's mom is kinda sussy!
Jun 21, 2021 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
it was an episode that had a lot of talk about it i don't like how sayu's mother act during the episode i understand the reason but there was a great dramatic atmosphere around it all episode itself was cool.
Jun 21, 2021 6:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow the respond quite far worst than i imagine. But, well, it should be expected from someone very twisted like those woman. After, she was so broken until couldn't even control her own mouth. So, yeah, Yoshichad for sure needed to step up his existencies by saying those words, and did some dogeza to corroborate his own words. Such a very twisting confrontation with Sayu's mom. I thought it will be more calmer. But, well, i should've realized, this is the peak of their drama. So, yeah, you were right Sayu's brother, they both looked very close. Which is mean?

Yup, thats been settled. Total stranger became a meditator for messed up family. How come people could be more worse to not affected by Yoshichad wise words? Ofc there's some. But, for this case, its enough with the tearjerker moment, and let Sayu and her brother handle the rest....

Lets see whats up with those Future title mean. Expect for some time skip, Sayu be a cute adult, and then ... Well, i shall be more patent for the next week, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 21, 2021 6:57 PM

Nov 2015
Criticiza said:

Like I thought, the mother slapped sayu because HER reputation got damaged, not the fact that sayu ran away without telling her. Seems like she's heavily concerned with her own image, to the point she forgets about her own child. I don't really get why they don't just report her for neglect/abuse or why sayu just didn't go to a foster home, but I'm not too well versed with that side of things, especially the japanese side of things so its not really my place to say anything.

Even in the US, it would be extremely difficult for CPS to go up against a wealthy and well-connected family. If nothing else, they'd keep it tied up in court until she graduates anyway and renders it all moot. Some families like that can be the worst there are, and since they know where to pull strings to make a problem get swept under the rug, there's very little anyone can do about it.

I think what he did was the most effective thing he could have. Seeing a complete stranger beg her to take care of her own child gave her, maybe just for a second, a look at herself that she didn't like seeing. Hopefully that will at least be the start of things getting better.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Jun 21, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2021
The mom is horrendous. What a traumatic thing for a daughter to go through. I think she's better off staying with Yoshida, but I guess that's not how things are going to be. I'm guessing next episode will just be a closer conversation of what they both hope for and aspire for their futures. Don't know if this show will get renewed for a second season but regardless of how it went, I'd probably be there to continue watching.
Jun 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Dec 2014
Sayu's Mom definitely has some mental issues. Must have been so hard for her to grow up in that household. :(

Yoshida was an absolute champ, props to him.
Jun 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Aug 2019
Yoshida and Sayu annoy the shit out of me. Can't wait for this garbage to end next week.
Sad that Sayu's mom didn't call the police and put Yoshida's criminal-ass behind bars.
Jun 21, 2021 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit I hate Sayu's mother so god damn much!

Yoshida continues to be the GOAT of Spring 2021 Males though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 21, 2021 8:14 PM

Jul 2020
This episode was so bad

Goddamn that slapping in the desk both the daughter and mother was so cringy lmao. All you need was to make a stranger begs to their mother and that's it.
Jun 21, 2021 8:23 PM

Oct 2014
Holy F, I was so nervous waiting for Sayu to tell her mom that she slept with old bastards and done it many times, 1v1 or threesome those 6 months when she ran away. I bet her mon will rage and will slap Sayu to death lol. Please take that dark past to your grave Sayu.

I'm happy for her. She is back. But I hope Yoshida sleep with Sayu atleast once. I know she wouldnt mind that. Even the FBI will allow that. You know, its like a pinky swear but a different medium. And when Sayu graduated and now legal, they should start dating.
Jun 21, 2021 8:26 PM

Mar 2021
Sondfer said:
I'll rate this episode "not buying this forced drama/10".
lol🤣🤣🤣this is so much cringe

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jun 21, 2021 8:34 PM

Mar 2021
SGCS said:
Okay, story aside. WTF happened to the artstyle? It literally took a nosedive over the previous episode, are they running out of budget or did they just become lazy? This is only 3 screenshots of Yoshida, trust me, there's more and of other characters too. And these aren't single frames, no, they would be like that for seconds.
I already told this earlier......this show feels more like hentai without sex🤣🤣both plot and animation wise

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jun 21, 2021 9:37 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I dunno man but this episode is kinda cringe.
Jun 21, 2021 10:08 PM

Jul 2020
Entertaining episode to watch.

Jeezzz somebody help that mother get a therapist or some type of mental therapy, she is down bad and really needs it. Even with her character being in here, I found this episode very enjoyable, despite it being corny and cringe, and I look forward to the next.
Jun 21, 2021 10:31 PM
Dec 2015
UkRs said:

Is this even the sem anime from the first few episodes?
The writing has gotten down the gutter.. characters have become cringey..
i know about toxic mothers but this is just unrealistic.. Sayu's mother has to be retarded to be even remotely act like that..
Yoshida's englightment of "children do not get to choose their parents" is COMMON KNOWLEDGE.. dude just spouted a few nonsense and everyone went into awe..
What even is this BS? just one more episode.. this anime had so much potential.. and now its become trash
Yoshida is a shit character, I'm starting to realize this now and others need to as well. Dude is a complete blank slate and has no personality other than doing the bare minimum of "morally correct" decision making - and he's depicted as a saint because apparently the average man in HigeHiro's world is completely devoid of morals, basically a bunch of Yaguchi's out there.
Jun 21, 2021 10:34 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, it went better than I expected.

It was weird how Mom's face was potrayed when she slapped Sayu, going from Oni to serious in one sec. Also her behavior when they talked, it was either unrealistic or a really messed up ill.

Well, in the end it went good for my perspective, Yoshida did his best and now the story has a better score in my pov.

My Candies:

Jun 21, 2021 10:52 PM

Feb 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
Yoshida was so weak... I hated how he behaved. He should have accused the mother of being unfit for the role and ask for custody. People like her do not change.
Alex796 said:
Is it only me who didn't like this resolution?

I don't subscribe to the "blood is thicker than water" thing. I, with my western POV, hoped that after Yoshida stopped himself from throwing the glass of juice at her, he'd tell Sayu something like: "let's go back home." and she'd reply: "Hai" tearfully.

But now, she's gonna stay in that awful house until she graduates from high school!? It's preposterous...

I don't think nobody should take s--- like that. Not even from parents. Maybe a lot of people here never really saw stuff like that in real life, but I saw. There are plenty of people out there - millions upon millions - who cut their parents off for stuff just like that.

About blood being thicker than water or not... well it used to be before feminism and then we entered a human version of mouse utopia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgGLFozNM2o&ab_channel=FredrikKnudsen filled with unfit mothers and other unnatural behaviour

I completely agree with you that Yoshida was weak as hell. And going down all the way to perform an f-ing Dogeza in front of that unworthy c---!? Man... talk about a lack of self-respect. He lost a lot of points there, after being pretty much an exemplary character throughout the series.

By the way, the "blood is thicker than water" quote is totally misquoted. The original verse is from the Bible: "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb" - meaning, that the path of god is more important even than one's parents, even the natural mother.

The Bible is actually full of good examples where one should disobey their parents. In the case of Sayu, it's a classic. I think it's awful, how this anime reached just about the exact opposite of the correct conclusion, to the situation of Sayu. Any solution that Yoshida could bring out to take her under his wing again would've been way better.
Jun 21, 2021 11:09 PM
Dec 2018
Alex796 said:
I, with my western POV, hoped that after Yoshida stopped himself from throwing the glass of juice at her, he'd tell Sayu something like: "let's go back home." and she'd reply: "Hai" tearfully.

That would have been one interesting way for Yoshida to finally end up in jail.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jun 21, 2021 11:30 PM
May 2019
To be honest when I started this series I didn't think it would end up having a mother blame her daughter for causing a horrible tragedy. A tragedy that the daughter is suffering from mentally. To the point where a grown man has to beg her to be a parent but here we are.

Okay but In all seriousness this was one of the saddest situations I've seen in a slice of life anime in a while. Especially since a teenager is the one bearing the brunt of it. I was kind of hard on this show for the main character going with Sayu in the first place because I thought he was gonna stay there or something.
Jun 21, 2021 11:34 PM

Feb 2020
skysurf said:
Alex796 said:
I, with my western POV, hoped that after Yoshida stopped himself from throwing the glass of juice at her, he'd tell Sayu something like: "let's go back home." and she'd reply: "Hai" tearfully.

Well, if you want to get all legalistic about it, then in most developed countries children can choose to leave their parents once they're 16. From episode 1 I thought this whole "kidnapping" thing is over-exaggerated. Sayu is 17, in the series, not 11. That's before mentioning the whole abuse theme.

In real life, if you would've tried to file a complaint to the police about your nearly 18 teen refusing to live with you under the same roof for an unrelated adult, they would not bother with you.
Jun 21, 2021 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
Alex796 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I completely agree with you that Yoshida was weak as hell. And going down all the way to perform an f-ing Dogeza in front of that unworthy c---!? Man... talk about a lack of self-respect. He lost a lot of points there, after being pretty much an exemplary character throughout the series.

By the way, the "blood is thicker than water" quote is totally misquoted. The original verse is from the Bible: "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb" - meaning, that the path of god is more important even than one's parents, even the natural mother.

The Bible is actually full of good examples where one should disobey their parents. In the case of Sayu, it's a classic. I think it's awful, how this anime reached just about the exact opposite of the correct conclusion, to the situation of Sayu. Any solution that Yoshida could bring out to take her under his wing again would've been way better.
Alex796 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

It is extremely debatable if that was the original meaning. That being said if someone is unworthy parent it can lose its rights and so if it is an unworthy child.
skysurf said:
Alex796 said:

Not necessarily. If he sues her for custody on basis of being unfit parent in regular court (not family court) with the testimony from her brother he might actually win
Jun 21, 2021 11:47 PM
May 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that is one tough mother to deal with. I'm not surprised to see Yoshida having to deal with that harsh words but getting on his knees to beg...? That takes a lot of guts. This was all for Sayu too and how selfless he is as a person.

Sayu also knows how much Yoshida cares for him and the two had some special moments themselves this episode. Cute. Only one more episode left!

Yoshida shows his composure again. He withdrew after almost hitting her with the glass. Emotions were high. The episode also clearly showing why Sayu left in the first place. The mother is an incredibly difficult person to deal with. Yoshida breaking down was a hard one, I almost broke down because I felt what he did. Great episode. Bring on the last!
Jun 21, 2021 11:50 PM
Nov 2019
Reminder#8: Sayu Is One Of The Worst Characters Of All Time.
Jun 21, 2021 11:53 PM
May 2021
nightcrawlercyp said:
Alex796 said:

Alex796 said:

It is extremely debatable if that was the original meaning. That being said if someone is unworthy parent it can lose its rights and so if it is an unworthy child.
skysurf said:

Not necessarily. If he sues her for custody on basis of being unfit parent in regular court (not family court) with the testimony from her brother he might actually win

It would certainly open up a case against Yoshida. Then upon investigations, many (including some of those who took advantage of Sayu's helplessness i.e underage 'sex-scandals') would be exposed in the process of finding evidence against Yoshida. Overall, it would be an intense, highly emotional endeavor.
Jun 22, 2021 12:14 AM
Jan 2015
LordSozin said:
This episode says it all: This show is nothing but forced drama, cringe writing, bad handling of its themes, illogical presentation, and utter insulting to my intelligence.

The anime has decreased in writing value ever since the rapist shit happened. Before then, it was at least watchable. I can't wait to tear this shit show apart.

>Forced drama
>Icon and signature of Oregairu

lel
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

303 by Muow »»
Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

175 by Muow »»
May 22, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

282 by Muow »»
May 22, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2021

428 by GHWolfKing »»
May 21, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.