Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 28, 2021 12:54 AM
Mar 2018
Why all the fuss about this show or manga? It is a typical school teaser story. Like Takagi-San but a bit older. So why all the pro- and con-rants all the time? Just watch it and either like it or not...
Apr 28, 2021 3:00 AM
Aug 2011
easy .
shinji from evangelion , this MC pissed me off so much in the tv serie i refuse to watch the movies. he's despicable , weak , pathetic .

at least the guy here is trying
Apr 28, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2017
Yukiteru Amano (Mirai Nikki), Kirito (SAO), Touya (Isekai Smartphone), The assistant from Tejina-senpai who they didn't even bother giving a real name, and Peter Grill are a handful that come to mind.
Apr 28, 2021 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
He is not that bad compared to the MC from School Days and Kazuya from Rental Girlfriend.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Apr 28, 2021 12:57 PM
Jun 2015
OK so what I've gathered is this:

Step 1: Make MC whine and cry and just pathetic due to X reason.

Step 2: Make MC stop bitching and act like a normal person = Character growth

Step 3: ?????????

Step 4: Profit

Thats some Dollar store "character growth" if I've ever seen any. So many anime have gone this route lately and its just sad to see.

Literally the cheapest and most uncreative and lazy way to grow a character. Sure sure it resonates with the introverted and awkward crowd but really now, thats just going after low hanging fruit.

But I digress, Nagatoro MC is shit tier.
Apr 28, 2021 4:32 PM

Oct 2014
Lol.

Let's see: just from harems alone I'll be conservative and say at least 80% of the protags in those are dogshit.

So 0.8*406=324.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Apr 29, 2021 2:29 AM
Apr 2021
Kazuya from Kanojo, Okarishimasu, change my mind
Apr 29, 2021 3:54 PM
Jan 2021
you cant. Its literally impossible
Apr 29, 2021 4:25 PM
Feb 2013
He's bad, I'll give you that but so is Nishikata from Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san in the same was and I, personally, think that's great.

Kazuya from Rent a girlfriend is the most pathetic character I've seen in recent seasons, and what annoys me even more is how weak Horie Shun is at voicing him.
Apr 29, 2021 4:31 PM

Apr 2020
That's cause he's not actually written as a character...

He's just a device to carry all the fetishized ..."Oh my Gawd, I wish this cute Loli would kick me in the balls" ....-Thoughts

So don't expect him to be anything else than submissiv and pathetic, cause that's exactly how this Show works....many people LOVE that kinda stuff...

I know, it's weird
Apr 29, 2021 4:39 PM
Mar 2021
cchigu said:
Natsuki Subaru and Ellen Yeager.
if you really think eren is the worst mc then fuck you you don't understand shit
Apr 29, 2021 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
haha Kirito haha I'm smart, right?
Apr 29, 2021 8:25 PM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
Neckadia said:
so according to you introverts are masochist
Noice

When tf did I say introverts are masochist?
but the MC of this show is a masochist and you said he is an introvert
Apr 29, 2021 8:55 PM

Jan 2021
deku from mha
yuki from mirai nikki
kirito from sao

the guy from redo of healer
rudeus from mushoku tensei
kazuya from rent a girlfriend

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 22, 2021 1:56 PM
Apr 29, 2021 9:07 PM

Aug 2020
i don't know but i agree he is the most pathetic MC, he annoys me

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Apr 29, 2021 9:50 PM

Jul 2020
Neckadia said:
Scordolo said:

but the MC of this show is a masochist and you said he is an introvert

Yeah he is but that doesn't mean all introverts are masochists.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 29, 2021 9:53 PM
Dec 2018
makoto from school days.. he is absolutely the scum
#kyoanistrong
Apr 29, 2021 9:59 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
JayAshfield said:
The dude in kakegurui
He's just there for the pov, Yumeko is the actual MC.
Apr 29, 2021 10:02 PM
Dec 2018
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Makoto (School Days), Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend/Kanojo Okarishimasu), Haruto Kirishima (A town where you lived/Kimi no Iru Machi), and many more.

Naoto is actually a decent MC, he will develop.

It's just you that's not watching enough Anime and wants everything to be Instant. This Anime has only 3 episodes out(not even half of the season) and then you just spewing nonsense, pathetic.

i agree 100% with makoto being worse or "the worst" imo

i also think that the newcomers who didn't watch enough anime will be wanting any anime to develop like AOT

Chiibi said:
Makoto, Tomoki, and Licht are worse.

I'll take a spineless introvert over perverts who rape girls or treat them like shit. T_T

ikr?! if it's gonna be like that then what's the point of getting attached to the characters.. for me, rape is the most sensitive topic to see in anime and it's very very hard subject to be done well

DeadlyRavenMay 22, 2021 1:57 PM
#kyoanistrong
Apr 29, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2009
Kazuya Kinoshita from "Rent-A-Girlfriend"
Apr 30, 2021 8:58 AM
Apr 2021
I think the whole point is Nagatoro helps him learn to stand up for himself a bit. We saw this in episode 3 but we’ll just have to see how it plays out. A lot of MC’s in anime now are little bitches though tbh. I would like to see more anime with a strong male lead. Probably has a lot to do with the culture down there rn though.
Apr 30, 2021 12:26 PM

Oct 2020
Scordolo said:
Neckadia said:
so according to you introverts are masochist
Noice

I don't know why but this made me laugh so hard

coolxal said:
Deku is worse.

Weakling with no powers, acts all high and mighty after getting a cheat skill.

This basically sums up my reaction

DeadlyRavenMay 22, 2021 2:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2021 2:48 PM

Jul 2020
Kazuya from rent a gf ๐Ÿ˜‘
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Apr 30, 2021 3:38 PM
Nov 2020
Lapsos said:
He is pathetic, but is he a bad character? I take that over Kirito or the isekai smartphone guy.
It's not that kirito is a bad character just he got badly adapted in the anime.
Apr 30, 2021 3:45 PM
Dec 2015
Honestly I don't hate this guy. Even though yes, he's very pathetic at times, but in some ways he feels more believable/realistic than other generic protagonists like the nisekoi one or the komi-san one; just some guys that in order to get the harem are "so good so bland" as it can get.

At least "paisen" with his flaws tries to get better, and he seems slowly but steady succeeding in the manga, which makes him more interesting imho
Apr 30, 2021 3:48 PM

Sep 2019
Tsutsun from 3D Kanojo and Kazuya from Renkano. Good thing that 3D kanojo is completed in both manga and anime. Or else i'll have to see tsutsun being an idiot and self depreciate himself for eternity. Kazuya could have been the best character if he had guts to confess to chizuru. But so far his character is disappointing.

At least with nagatoro, the mc gets to develop a spine and evolve into a vertebrata.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Apr 30, 2021 3:57 PM
Dec 2015
DarkInsomnia57 said:
Tenchi Muyo is a lot worse by thousands of a percent. The guy gets a harem for being born and having a sword from his grandfather. It's messed up, he's like a shah or something but less charming.

I completely forgot about that series lol, props to you I guess, you are old enough to remember that (or rather, not young like the average MAL user that usually ignores older stuff)
May 1, 2021 6:40 AM
Jan 2018
At least he is not a Simp, i say Kazuya from rent a GF is worse
May 1, 2021 7:31 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Johnmiceh73 said:
cchigu said:
if you really think eren is the worst mc then fuck you you don't understand shit
As if there is anything to "understand" in AoT lmao. Eren is a trash MC.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 1, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2015
Honestly surprised to see the high number of Rent-A-Girlfriend considering how popular that anime was.
May 1, 2021 8:51 AM

Aug 2020
the MC of redo of healer and kazuya of rent a girlfriend.
Nao will have a very good development and changes a lot.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
May 1, 2021 8:57 AM

Sep 2020
Kirito and eren s2, need to i explain more.
May 1, 2021 11:13 AM

Aug 2020
Avinash_rtw said:
Pathetic? Yes spineless ? Yes
Atleast he isn't trash like p*do mc
From mushoku tensei.so yeah he is not worst but he is still bad though but nagataro is nothing like takagi or usakichan she is way worse

Just because Rudeus is a p*do doesn't mean he is a worse mc than this guy.
May 1, 2021 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
The MC from Boku no Piko of course.

NO Competition!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 1, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2020
cchigu said:

Subaru is one of the best written protagonist in anime period. What are you talking about? Yea he was a piece of shit as a person (not writting-wise) but that is the point, he changed a lot.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
May 1, 2021 11:47 AM

Jun 2020
Scordolo said:
Judging from the description he seems like the most realistic and relatable type.
How is he bad written just because he's an introvert?

Yea, this is yet another example of not being able to separate the objective and subjective quality of a character. I do not like this MC much but he is definitely not bad by any means.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
May 1, 2021 11:48 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
BromWalar said:
cchigu said:

Subaru is one of the best written protagonist in anime period. What are you talking about? Yea he was a piece of shit as a person (not writting-wise) but that is the point, he changed a lot.
You forgot to wear a cap. The trashy melodrama writing of ReZero anime renders everything pointless so I can't take anything seriously.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2020
cchigu said:
BromWalar said:

You forgot to wear a cap. The trashy melodrama writing of ReZero anime renders everything pointless so I can't take anything seriously.

What cap? "trashy melodrama writing" hmmm... this mean literally nothing. What do you mean by that?
cchigu said:
BromWalar said:

What cap? "trashy melodrama writing" hmmm... this means literally nothing. What do you mean by that? You can slap this on any story that has any drama at all and call it "melodrama", even if it was (which it is not), how would it render a good story and characters pointless?

Also, we were talking about MC, not Re:zero as a whole. How is he a bad character? If you do not like him I can respect that, but that is just your opinion, nothing with substance.
May 1, 2021 12:10 PM

Nov 2015
Lloyd Belladonna is worse. He isn't even a proper protagonist. He reacts to the story happening around him rather than actively pursuing the plot himself.
May 1, 2021 12:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The guy from Rent a Girlfriend. Absolutely pathetic on all levels. Never has there been anyone less deserving of his harem than that guy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 1, 2021 2:41 PM
Mar 2021
cchigu said:
Johnmiceh73 said:
As if there is anything to "understand" in AoT lmao. Eren is a trash MC.
your understanding on eren is dumb eren is great mc just like guts and gon
May 1, 2021 3:27 PM
Dec 2020
Besotted said:
PandoraTheCretin said:
Dont worry, he will grow both balls and a spine as the series goes on. Its character progression/growth, my man.

Eh, how much of a spine are we talking here?
For me it ain't worth reading if he doesn't get back at her at least 2x
Otherwise it's like getting blueballed with no release.

Thing is, this is a romance manga. Nagatoro loves the guy she just expresses it in teasing and bullying. Paisen will grow, going from crying at the drop of a hat to expressing his, uhh "affection" towards Nagatoro. He certainky is growing at a pretty steady pace, and the dynamic between the two can be just so gosh darn adorable. And seeing how the latest chapter ended, things will keep getting better
May 1, 2021 7:07 PM

Dec 2015
The first MC that came to mind was Kazuya Kinoshita from Rent-a-Girlfriend. That guy made me so mad and annoyed with how pathetic he and his actions were. There were moments in an episode where I thought he should have shown some type of confidence or backbone but doesn't.
May 1, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2020
mr_modest said:
Avinash_rtw said:
Pathetic? Yes spineless ? Yes
Atleast he isn't trash like p*do mc
From mushoku tensei.so yeah he is not worst but he is still bad though but nagataro is nothing like takagi or usakichan she is way worse

Just because Rudeus is a p*do doesn't mean he is a worse mc than this guy.
nope I will take pathetic mc over ugly bastard any day atleast he will grow up with series progress (I hope)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2021 3:41 AM

Feb 2016
Sieg from Fate Apocrypha I am sure is worse than this guy.
May 2, 2021 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Keyaruga from Redo of Healer
May 3, 2021 4:01 PM

May 2015
Linux_2020 said:
StevieDeezy said:
This guy has got to be the most spineless and pathetic MC ever written in the history of anime. The guy cant even convey a coherent sentence to other humans his age much less show any kind of character. Dude is about as deep as a cardboard cutout.

Does this MC rank as the most pathetic of all MC's ever? I say yes or close 2nd
I think Naoto is not the worst, its this guy:

I have yet to see a character more pathetic, selfish, whiny and spineless than Kazuya
May 3, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
@Samayou_Tamashii He is far better, I’d take a psychotic rapist over this spineless little bitch.

@KorhalChild This guy is the only one I can think of that comes close to this pathetic MC.

Anyone calling Rudeus the worst mc has no clue what they’re talking about and is probably underage. Just having an immoral protagonist doesn’t make them a bad character.

DeadlyRavenMay 22, 2021 2:06 PM
May 3, 2021 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
alanon said:
@Samayou_Tamashii He is far better, I’d take a psychotic rapist over this spineless little bitch.

I guess that's going too far.
May 5, 2021 8:13 PM

May 2015
removed-user said:
Anyone calling Rudeus the worst mc has no clue what they’re talking about and is probably underage. Just having an immoral protagonist doesn’t make them a bad character.

This... why is this so hard to understand I wonder? Yeah, Rudeus' not exactly a hero or a moral compass or an exemplary citizen or whatever, but atleast he's not the same carbon-copy all-powerful all-knowing perfect nice guy isekai protagonist that we see in most isekai

Btw, on this topic, I like Rudy a bit more than Naoto, but in my opinion they're both pretty nice characters
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.