Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2021 11:36 PM
Apr 2020
Wow... Nagatoro san really is intense huh. I don't know how will I feel one yet but I already dy can tell that this will be a one heck of an anime. Only first episode and oh boy and it's already extreme! Can you atleast slow down girl on bullying on the overwhelmed Naoto? But nevertheless I'm gonna watch the whole series ;)
Apr 10, 2021 11:44 PM

Jan 2021
Did they really dissed One piece as "two piece" xD
Apr 10, 2021 11:49 PM

Mar 2019
I liked it...

I loved the manga since it started...

I loved the idea of having this as an anime...

Discussions/Polemics.... i just ignore em...

Really Good Episode... BUUUUUUTTT..... the expressions didnt reached the Level i expected... manga 1000% better by now...

I hope the anime grows as the manga did...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 10, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I thought my problem with this show would be Nagatoro's personality but it's actually the guy the one I can't stand. My man lost his balls somewhere, it seems.
Apr 11, 2021 12:01 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.

Removed the posts that were trying to turn this into a pedophilia discussion / accusing people of being pedophiles as well as some other baiting/spam.

If you see rule violations in this thread please report them but do not address them in the thread (this includes accusing people of being trolls). Please let the moderators handle it. Thank you.
Apr 11, 2021 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was fine but that chick is so annoyingg! Guess I'll drop it after watching 3-4 episodes
Apr 11, 2021 12:59 AM

Feb 2020
you know when it comes to these kinda situations in animes with this kinda plot, girl who harasses the mc,you just gotta feel bad for him. i truly am sorry for senpai lol

Apr 11, 2021 1:40 AM

Oct 2016
Was hard to watch the first episode but a buddy told me that next episodes based on manga should be much sweeter, so depending on episode 2, 3, could be top anime of the spring.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Apr 11, 2021 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
I think I've found the most punchable anime character of all time.

Wanted to say I feel bad for the guy, but he kinda deserves it if he's dumb and horny enough to believe that she was about to kiss/confess for real.

The anime itself looks amazing. Wish the Takagi adaptation was as good as this.
Apr 11, 2021 1:46 AM
Jun 2017
i will watch this one... i mean not because nagatoro is a bully but im entertained by what i have watched... the guy seems super introvert thats why he has been like that... lets see how Nagatoro will become close to the said guy...

and to those HATERS, JUST DONT WATCH THIS SHOW if you will just say, those who are enjoying this show are bullies...
Apr 11, 2021 1:50 AM

Nov 2013
pffffft i've got some ptsd from my past bullying or sum cause I literally cant watch it it upsets me so much shgsjgshsfgst
Apr 11, 2021 1:51 AM
Dec 2018
I want Nagatoro to tease me. She's so hot ngl especially those expression
5/5 I'm okay of the male character being a pussy. I wonder how far she will tease senpai
Apr 11, 2021 1:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I see where that all smug tan gyaru japanese girl gifs come from. Its from here! Honestly i can't understand if somehow the dude like that senpai actually exist in rl. I hope its just the anime. If Nagatoro was his senpai, its actually kinda relatable, considering some upperclass girls uncommonly tried to hit the balls with the underclass boy they like (bad or good intentions, only god knows the truth). I, ironically got the situations, at least once before. But, for the situations like those poor soul senpai. Damn. I feel so bad instantly, and deeply condolence with that unfortunate messed up meets. Even its continued into his daily school lifes basis. That's great. Now, senpai surely feel the enjoyment in-between the hell and heaven, right? Dang senpai, you must be manly up sometime!

As for this introduction, unironically its simply solid as crystal. Yep, precious crystal, no joke. So, no need more shit, just enjoy your time hitting that weak soul, brown girl!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 11, 2021 2:24 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012

If I had a working colleague as her, I would first try to speak to her to stop. If she would not react to it, I would talk with my superiors about inappropriate behavior.

I will stick to it for a few episodes and most likely drop it (depending on how the bullying develops.......)
CyanwasserstoffApr 11, 2021 2:49 AM
Apr 11, 2021 2:44 AM

Jan 2017
Two anime this season where I hate every side of the debate surrounding it? Oh boy, I'm spoiled!

Really enjoyed this first episode. There's clearly been a lot of love and care put into it, and adaptation-wise it's going great. The VAs are doing a spectacular job.

To be honest, the bullying had a lot of the teeth taken out of it compared to what I remember - I think the music is doing a lot of the heavy lifting there. If they'd gone for a dark, ominous theme while Nagatoro is savaging Senpai, I think it'd have hit a lot harder... but then, harder doesn't necessarily mean better, and apparently what we got was too much for some.

Very excited for the rest of this season.
Apr 11, 2021 2:45 AM
Dec 2019
Nagatoro as a charecter gets really good as the series progresses...but she probably has the worst first impressions, in the first 2-3 episodes, she is going to be quite unlikeable, but as it will progress, it gets wholesome
Apr 11, 2021 2:47 AM
Jul 2020
This was a pretty good episode.Nicely adapted and animated.
Also Senpai is lookin kinda sus ngl
Nagisa Hentai is lit as Fuck!
Apr 11, 2021 2:54 AM
Jan 2010
I agree with her senpai is kinda kimoi
Apr 11, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2020
I enjoyed this first episode, surprisingly. Had some laughs here and there. Can't wait for the "senpai" compilation at the end of the season lol.

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 11, 2021 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
This was much better than the first ep of Uzaki chan. As long as it doesn't become stale, it will definitely be entertaining. I'll definitely complete it cuz of the gyarus.
Apr 11, 2021 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
Its... possible Im too old to enjoy this show anymore. Kinda makes me wonder why Im still reading the manga, actually.
Apr 11, 2021 3:56 AM

Feb 2021
nagataro sus goth among us rent free
Apr 11, 2021 4:31 AM

Dec 2018
A normal first episode I guess... So, the genre are include comedy and romance huh?
I didn't feel the first episode got any comedy at all... If this anime has a romance genre, could that be they both going to become a couple soon?
Nagatoro aren't that mean, she is just love teasing that main character guy I guess...

Apr 11, 2021 5:02 AM

Jan 2021
Despite being a comedy, I didn't laugh at any of the scenes they presented here. Instead, I felt a strong hate for Nagatoro and her antics against what seems to be a defenseless and fragile boy.

Also, the male MC's backbone is so non-existent that it hurts a little to just watch him letting himself get treated like that. I didn't feel empathy nor fun for him just... nothing really. I get that in his position and power, its hard to fight back against her so I can't really blame him for being that weak.

If these are the two MCs we're supposed to love, support and cheer throughout the anime then... shit. Again, hoping for this to not be a one-trick pony and maybe some character development throughout the 3 more eps I'll be watching.

This is just the first episode so who knows? Maybe it'll change for the better, at least in my opinion.

I might never know how people enjoy these kind of shows but okay, you do you.

Junko_Simp04Apr 11, 2021 5:05 AM
Sore wa chigau yo! - Junko Enoshima, probably
Apr 11, 2021 5:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Watched it just to see what the fuss is about. Don't think it's half as bad as some people make it out to be. In any case, this story seems to me to written for a very specific non-Western demographic of otaku who actually enjoy this kind of masochist play. The pathetic MC literally gives it away at the end when he admits its kind of not that bad. As much as he probably hates being teased, he subconsciously loves the attention he's getting from the hot gyaru girl. And she seems to kind of like him whilst thinking he's a creepy loser at the same time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 11, 2021 5:26 AM
Mar 2021
so first some of the scenes like nature scenes are 57fps whic is pretty good than other animes. Also lighting is 10/10 its lkke rtx. i cant tell a lot with story because of we r on the firsr episode. ill give it 9/10 for now but it can be changed at other episodes.
Apr 11, 2021 5:27 AM

Apr 2018
So... another series about a girl bullying / annoying a boy at school. But this time the boy is such a wimp with no real personality that it's hard to cheer for him.

Gonna give it a chance but my expectations are very low.
Apr 11, 2021 5:37 AM
Mar 2021
Velv69t said:
IS ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT THE, "YOU'RE ACTING REALLY SUS SENPAI" LINE!! That was honestly the point where I gave the series a 10/10
bruh xd senpai kinda sus
Apr 11, 2021 6:02 AM

Oct 2020
it was a nice episode, i find nagatoro interesting but i also feel bad for the dude.
Apr 11, 2021 6:22 AM

Oct 2016
Well I enjoyed that a lot lmao, definitely going to read the manga, since I heard it gets pretty wholesome.

Nagatoro is one of those people that teases the one they like to get their attention, but like multiplied by ∞ lmao. Uesaka Sumire as Nagatoro was awesome lmao, she nails her personality. I am assuming that was the OP at the end, was pretty good.

Production quality was also pretty damn good. Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 11, 2021 6:45 AM
Aug 2016
So I felt super uncomfortable with the first episode so I’m kinda liking it
Apr 11, 2021 7:01 AM

Mar 2010
As suffocating this gal is, she is actually doing him a favor by pushing him to his limits to the point of tears. Will do more good than harm in da long run.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 11, 2021 7:07 AM
Mar 2020
(copypasting from a reddit post of mine that was removed)

I don't know how can someone enjoy this series, it's a pretty awful premise with pretty awful characters in terms of personality, so far.

Watched it and I really don't see the hype, it is setting itself of as Nagatoro bullies MC-kun and since has always been a victim of bullying he is used to it and so doesn't dislike it that much, he even likes her abusive company.

Nagatoro and her friends seem like pretty generic awful people, I think Senpai's manga is generic and kinda lame, but the way they treated him and his work is terrible. Even tossing that aside, she just treats him like shit, exploiting his very visible weaknesses to get a good chuckle out of it.

Senpai is obviously, very cowardly and weak, and to be honest the library scenes of him breathing heavily and constantly looking at the group were kinda creepy, but I feel bad for him, seems like a very nervous, closeted and defeated person, probably never had much and much good social interactions and not even being able to feel angry, I kinda tolerate him, I feel bad for his struggles. Though it very much worries me that it seems he is developing feelings for Nagatoro, mistaking her abuse for something else, I think he just got so bullied throughout his life that when it's a girl, deep down he feels like it is kindness, when it isn't.

Nagatoro and Senpai's relationship is bad, its abusive, no way around it, she is his bully, no matter how hard people may downplay it, thats what their relationship is. In this episode alone she made him cry 2 times, making fun of what him and what he likes (her criticism of Senpai's self projection story was not unfounded, but said in a very bad way), and I already know that this is a recurrent thing, and I really do question myself how is this romance.

This is focused on the story and characters, which I dislike so far, but I have to give credit where credit is due and the OP, visuals and voice acting are pretty good.

With that said, I want to see how this goes because I don't want to just drop it at the first episode, but if it moves in the direction I think it will move, I think I'll do so.
Apr 11, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2011
Voice acting was perfect for Nagatoro, really enjoyed animated start.

sus

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 11, 2021 7:27 AM
Aug 2019
It was really nice to see the setting of the anime. It's difficult to know the setting from the manga, so I was glad they showed us it at the very start. I look forward to the next episodes..
Apr 11, 2021 7:31 AM
Mar 2018
It's as decent as an adaptation of this sort of manga can get. The models are just a bit too shiny and maybe some elements could be a bit quicker, like whe senpai gets embarrassed and turns away it should be instantly...
Apr 11, 2021 7:32 AM
Feb 2021
I've been keeping up with the manga long before this show was announced, but It was bound to happen someday and so here we are, episode 1. The art and animation is really good, and the character design is pretty much the same.

This show is gonna interesting for anyone who doesn't know what they're walking into. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 11, 2021 7:40 AM

Feb 2012
Ahhh Sumipe <3

Is that a Kabedon, or a...Hondana-don?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 11, 2021 8:01 AM

Feb 2021
I'm going to be honest: I fucking hate Nagatoro and the Senpai as characters. I get they're the way they are because of the premise of the show, but Nagatoro's character is just cunty, and is an asshole in general. The Senpai is a wimp, spineless dude; the type I dislike the most in character types.

But, the animation, voice actor and actresses or the art in general are top tier. Granted it's still the first episode, but it's promising in the art department.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 11, 2021 8:02 AM
Oct 2020
1 ep in and around 10k folks have already rated n reviewed the anime SMH.....or has all the other eps aired in any country??
Apr 11, 2021 8:10 AM
Jul 2020
Nagatoro bullying the senpai....

*DESTRUCTION 100, SATISFACTION 100*
Apr 11, 2021 8:43 AM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
Well, this was painful to watch. I hate nothing more than to see shy and reserved MCs getting bullied for absolutely no reason. In my opinion, Nagatoro's bipolar and twisted character was unlikeable. Also, her voice and laughter just annoy me immensely.

Just from the first ep I can assume that she actually has a genuine interest in forming a relationship of some sort with the MC, but of course she has to act like a delinquent and take the bullying and lying route because otherwise it wouldn't be entertaining, right? Because this is what it is, bullying. Not teasing. And there's nothing I hate more than bullies, whatever their gender or age is.

The only good point from this ep that prevented me from straight up stopping watching it is the visuals/animation, and even then it's not like it's that great at it.

I'll probably end up dropping this show at some point if it keeps going like this.

anime list -~~- manga list
Apr 11, 2021 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
She wasn't as bad as I was led to believe she would be to start with (unless worse parts are yet to come). Yes she is a bit insensitive and selfish to have fun at his expense but she seems to know where to draw the line and always apologizes.

I didn't find much, if any, of the episode to be funny but I don't hate either of the characters. To me it just looks like it could make for interesting character dynamic.
Apr 11, 2021 9:00 AM
Aug 2020
I was kinda surprised by the reviews but then i remembered that the first few chapters are just straight up bullying. It gets way better after this.
Apr 11, 2021 9:41 AM
Dec 2020
Read the manga awhile back and it’s the first manga i ever read so pretty happy it got an anime adaptation. I was kinda skeptical about animation but it turned out great! Better than i expected. Overall pretty good.
Apr 11, 2021 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
Just watched it,....

Let me start by saying,... much respect for anime only watchers who have said they will give the series a few more episodes, give it a chance, despite their misgivings so far.
Please do,... of course there's always the possibility it won't grow on you but at least you gave it a fair shot.

Manga readers, like me, can't deny the first chapters were pretty tough. We had the added bonus of the

Most of us also had the priviledge to be able to read further where the anime only watchers only get a portion on which to base their judgement on.
This was partly why I was a bit apprehensive about the adaptation, I can kinda understand the discomfort or dislike when you have only seen this episode.

On its own merrits, the adaptation was a lot better than I expected, it wasn't rushed but took the time to adapt 3 chapters pretty faithfully so far instead of 6 or more, which adaptations often do.
The artwork and animation (Nagatoro's character in particular needs a lót of it ;) ) was done véry well. I loved the color palet and design.
Nagatoro's voice, for me, will take getting used too.
However, if I wasn't aware of the manga story (completely up to date with the latest chapter) I'm not sure how the episode would have struck me, it came across as a bit harsh and Nagatoro was, imo, just slightly portrayed as too "maniacle/diabolical"? There were, little things that gave away her intentions weren't all out vicious but you'd have to be very observant to see them.
I think including that little thing they omitted would have been a bonus tbh.

All in all though,... personally pleasantly surprised by the quality of adaptation overall, too many adaptations fail miserably so this is a welcome exception to that,...
I hope they keep this up.

Apr 11, 2021 9:51 AM
Oct 2019
This is like Takagi-san but more brutal lol
Just don't self insert yourself into the Senpai position, you will absolutely hate it.
But if you're masochist, you will love this.

I just can't wait for the amount of Memes that coming out from this Anime.
Apr 11, 2021 10:51 AM

Mar 2018
We're hitting fetishism levels, that shouldnt even be possible!
Damn Nagatoro is RUTHLESS. Had high expectations from all the hype and i think they were met. Facial expressions and VA are on point, overall first episode was pretty damn funny. Similar dynamic to Uzaki and Sakurai, but on some hardcore steroids. Sakurai at least had enough self-respect to bite back sometimes, and my man Naoto is just getting DESTROYED.

My one pet peeve are spineless, useless MCs, but I don't mind it too much here, becouse it's the foundation of this show's comedy. As guy above said, just don't self insert and you'll be fine xD
Apr 11, 2021 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
yay i liked the first episode. Nagatoro-san is such a little shit. And cute. Senpai was really suffering, poor thing... anyway, i like the dynamic.

as a anime-only, i assume there will be character development as the show goes on.
Apr 11, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
Coming as a manga reader after years of reading the manga, damn, seeing the characters in colours and voice is unreal, I especially did not realize that the 3 sidekicks have ginger-blond hair colours, well I mean I should've expected that... I THOUGHT GAMO-CHAN's HAIR COLOR WAS DARKER!?

Alright, first thing first, the art style and the animation are great, not as insanely brilliant as Lupin movies were (same studio) but it's great for a slice of life show. Now most importantly, damn! They chose the most perfect and fitting sounding VA for Senpai and Nagatoro herself, it's so good, it's scary, all these years, I've always thought of their voice quite close to what we're hearing from these two right now in the anime.

Although most surprising of all... THE OP HAS NO BUSINESS BEING THIS FUCKING HYPE!!! Holy shit, I am not kidding, this OP SLAPS and I'm thoroughly pleased upon hearing the OP. The epileptic yet dazzling visuals, all the facial expressions, not to mention the beat and the vocals, fucking hell, I can't emphasize how much it struck with me, can't wait to hear more next week!

Alright, it's not a show or story to be wowed about but I'll enjoy it nevertheless, not only will like the show but I'll also relish the tears from the number of so-called haters who cries and complained about this show because it hits too close to home. Twitter users am I right?! LMAOOO

ShadowkillZApr 11, 2021 12:09 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

141 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.