Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2021 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
quite an interesting episode, at least they didnt all die and akira was a girl? oh well only one episode left now, wonder how they'll end this off? hope it all turns out well...
Mar 22, 2021 1:09 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! We have one more episode left, definitely going to read the manga after the season is over.

That village is fucked, I mean I get that they're doing it for the survival of their species but, that's still very fucked and there are even those with selfish and malicious intent, so yeah they're dead indeed. Poor Yui, I can kind of understand why he's overprotective of Akira, it's too much though, there are still other people out there he can trust, I hope he realizes that.

Inari's a bitch and all, but she's hot lmao. Nobimaru's kitsune form looks cool, looking forward to the last episode.
Mar 22, 2021 6:14 AM

May 2014
Xesty17 said:
AuRomul said:
Are coerced sex and rape the only strong drama-driving points in this anime? Anyway... as suspected, Yui's motives aren't so antagonic even though he carelessly freeze those three, and Shiki and Inugami might have died if not for Inugami's thermo technique. Still not sure what to think about him. We got some more Inari being... well, the bitch character she is supposed to be. Kabane not buying any of that shit, Akira.

Yh I think all the rape in characters' bacsktories is really forced and unnecessary tbh. I get that the story wants to be established as dark but it's starting to become an edgelord's wet dream

I have to agree. To me using sexual abuse is low level effort drama-maker, it can be well implemented and introduced, but is too easy to sound unnecessary. And when you have it back to back, it makes me question the mangaka's story-telling ability.
Mar 22, 2021 9:40 AM
May 2019
So... Yuki-onokos are constantly raped by the women at the village, so they can procreate. Poor them. We could see also it is not a happy people, with goals or so, they are bitter and unfriendly women, that only want to continue the bloodline and have sated their sexual desire. Ew.
Mar 22, 2021 11:08 AM
Nov 2020
Yui and Kabane seem to have a similar personality (and even a similar look on their faces lol). They're both literal and matter-of-fact when it comes to processing information.
kuwangpaMar 22, 2021 11:15 AM
Mar 22, 2021 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
Ventus_S said:
Well the studio really tone down a lot of stuffs compare to manga to make this serie PG friendly.

They even change some dialogues of what Yui said to tone down the overall rating.

Idk why they want to avoid to discuss about anything sexaul as much as possible, be it dialogue or screen. I mean the ep 1 is pretty graphical already, so why suddenly holding back?
Or maybe they make BD different to match the manga... Who knows..

Because sexuality and children are not a good combo for non shotacon/lolicon anime.
Mar 22, 2021 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
Kemono Jihen has made it fairly clear that Kemono are as a general rule cruel and selfish and uncommon. So the re use of r**e isn't that unsurprising or unexpected. These are species with a very small base of their own. Combine that rarity with an instinctive desire to continue their existence the r***e makes sense in both context (The Yokka-onna and the spider)

I was a little confused though for a moment. With the heavy censoring I get an initially different understanding. When Akira said he wet the bed for a moment I thought it meant Akira was menstruating fir the first time until I realised the show very specifically pointed out the even greater rarity of males.
Mar 22, 2021 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
spaesu said:
quite an interesting episode, at least they didnt all die and akira was a girl? oh well only one episode left now, wonder how they'll end this off? hope it all turns out well...

Akira is a boy, Yui realized Akira had a wet dream so he didn't want the women to find out
kaizurekiMar 23, 2021 7:50 PM
Mar 22, 2021 10:26 PM

Mar 2010
Yui :( Man I hope they have a better future with each other since the village is gone now. Man Inari showing up is scary.
Mar 22, 2021 11:20 PM

Apr 2020
Alright, at least everyone is still alive. How can Yui be so emotionless (Except that he still cares for Akira)?

Inari is here. And also with her assistant.
Akira did the "Make them hate you, to save them" trick.
Inari makes me uncomfortable man.
Ok, um, Yui's backstory got a little sexually undertoned and a bit disgusting.
What the fuck Yuki-onna. This is actual folklore, right? They were there in Yu Yu Hakusho too.
Wow, that action was pretty good. I like it when Shonen gets Seinen vibes.
--AbiSa--
Mar 23, 2021 2:04 AM
May 2020
Yui has had the peak life. Obviously him getting raped nd all is gonna have some psychological damage to him
Mar 23, 2021 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Awww... too bad the Director of this anime didn't decide to animate the scene where Yui destroyed the Yuki-onna village.
Mar 23, 2021 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
kaizureki said:
spaesu said:

Akira is a boy, Yui realized Akira had a wet dream so he didn't want the woman to find out
oh i see, i guess that makes more sense
Mar 23, 2021 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
oh god cliffhangerz!
i knew Inari would show-up and intervene the situation!
now this is a good fight match-up! Nobimaru vs Yui! [flame vs ice]
5/5.

Mar 24, 2021 1:04 AM
Feb 2017
This show is darker than I had expected and in a very subtle manner too, I guess because of the heavy censoring. That snowy village is just fucked up, literally.

Excited to see the Nobimaru vs Akira's brother fight in next episode.
kawaiiteaMar 24, 2021 1:07 AM
Mar 25, 2021 1:45 AM
Jan 2021
Ririyan said:
I have to say I really like this anime, only thing which I hate is Akira, damn he is so useless and dumb.

He wasn't exactly taught how to use his ice powers, how can you expect someone to fight if they don't know how? Plus, no water sources. He doesn't have the nullstone so he needs water to freeze. On top of that, he's lived a very sheltered life for most of it, in the mountains and not even aware of what his own brother was being subjected to because Yui never told him.
btamamuraMar 25, 2021 1:50 AM
Mar 26, 2021 6:31 AM
Apr 2016
minfairys said:
i sure i'm just dumb or my head is nothing working right right now, but can anyone tell me what they made yui do??And what was with pee thing. I feel dumb right now, that it's just so embrassing...

They basically use the men as 'breeding horses' starting their first 'ejaculation' what he thought was pee might have been his first 'wet dream'. Basically this whole village continuosly groomed and raped Yui. Who is a 14 year old kid.... This show is surprisingly dark in hidden ways 😳
Mar 27, 2021 12:37 AM

Dec 2016
Yui was raped by 200 women...it makes sense why Yui is like this.

Akira continues to be annoying...but I was surprised that he even knew about melting ice with salt and heat.

It's all thanks to Mihai that he installed an AI in that plushie, or else I couldn't have handled Akira anymore.
Mar 28, 2021 8:10 AM

Nov 2010
yasm said:
minfairys said:
i sure i'm just dumb or my head is nothing working right right now, but can anyone tell me what they made yui do??And what was with pee thing. I feel dumb right now, that it's just so embrassing...

Maybe you are just very pure, like Akira. Have you been told about the flowers and the bees yet? Unsure if I should take away your innocence, but this is such a strong subtle plot point I want people to know about it.

Basically it's been well established that the Yuuki-onna almost never give birth to males. This makes it very hard to sustain their population, as two female Yuuki-onna cannot bear children. So when a male does come along, he is very precious. He's the only way their population can grow. And so they make him have sex with everyone, all the time, as much as physically possible. No matter if he wants to or not. They basically rape him to death. Yes, it's very grim, and this episode makes it clear they are utterly unapologetic about it.

The thing about Akira's bed wetting, and I love how subtle this is too, is that if that wasn't pee, the implication is that it must have been cum. Yui's realised Akira basically had a wet dream. And if he was capable of that, he was capable of reproducing too. If the female Yuuki-onna found out about that, they would certainly make Akira become "village chief" along with Yui. Akira wouldn't survive that long. So Yui did everything he could to make sure Akira would escape that fate.

Though I wonder if that wasn't more so Akira's innocence ("purity") would be preserved, rather than to save him, exactly. It's clear Yui sees Akira not so much as a brother, or even as a person, but as a reflection of everything he lost to the female Yuuki-onna.

What I don't get is that they are twins and onnoko so all those sex-driven women would have expected either way that Akira is elligible to become a sex toy sooner or later.
Mar 29, 2021 5:26 PM

Dec 2016
To this rape village only thing what was missing in my opinion were pregnant women. I kinda wish we would see little kids and pregnant women after Yui became village chief.

HollowDoll said:
yasm said:

Maybe you are just very pure, like Akira. Have you been told about the flowers and the bees yet? Unsure if I should take away your innocence, but this is such a strong subtle plot point I want people to know about it.

Basically it's been well established that the Yuuki-onna almost never give birth to males. This makes it very hard to sustain their population, as two female Yuuki-onna cannot bear children. So when a male does come along, he is very precious. He's the only way their population can grow. And so they make him have sex with everyone, all the time, as much as physically possible. No matter if he wants to or not. They basically rape him to death. Yes, it's very grim, and this episode makes it clear they are utterly unapologetic about it.

The thing about Akira's bed wetting, and I love how subtle this is too, is that if that wasn't pee, the implication is that it must have been cum. Yui's realised Akira basically had a wet dream. And if he was capable of that, he was capable of reproducing too. If the female Yuuki-onna found out about that, they would certainly make Akira become "village chief" along with Yui. Akira wouldn't survive that long. So Yui did everything he could to make sure Akira would escape that fate.

Though I wonder if that wasn't more so Akira's innocence ("purity") would be preserved, rather than to save him, exactly. It's clear Yui sees Akira not so much as a brother, or even as a person, but as a reflection of everything he lost to the female Yuuki-onna.

What I don't get is that they are twins and onnoko so all those sex-driven women would have expected either way that Akira is elligible to become a sex toy sooner or later.

Probably their knowledge is someone primitive and they assumed that he isn't "men enough" because Akira looks like a girl and didn't started puberty in age 12 (what is considered standard) but when he was 14. Maybe they were even thinking he is infertile.

or they just consider him weaker so they were too afraid he would made weaker offsprings?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 29, 2021 5:32 PM

Oct 2020
Dark backstory as expected. I imagine after this point that Yui took the Nullstone and wiped out the village.

Mar 30, 2021 5:49 AM

Mar 2009
ptm said:
Xesty17 said:

Yh I think all the rape in characters' bacsktories is really forced and unnecessary tbh. I get that the story wants to be established as dark but it's starting to become an edgelord's wet dream

I have to agree. To me using sexual abuse is low level effort drama-maker, it can be well implemented and introduced, but is too easy to sound unnecessary. And when you have it back to back, it makes me question the mangaka's story-telling ability.

Pretty much. Once was enough. Even worse now when the storyline revolves around kids. There are definitely other ways to make a shonen dark and shocking.
Apr 3, 2021 1:27 AM

Sep 2018
Yui T_____T he endures a lot just to save Akira from those creepy women :( I want to hug him :(
Apr 4, 2021 10:03 PM
Nov 2020
I really don't get it til I read the manga part.. felt sorry for Yui..
Apr 8, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2016
So, it was all because of the yuki onna that Yui became like this and he wanted to protect Akira from being tainted. When he found out that Akira turning 14 and wetting his bed was not something that Akira had done in years he instantly decided to keep him away from the yuki onna. However, the leader THOT was evil and wanted Akira dead since they didn't want the secret of their village getting out. Plus, it seems the null stone and life stone can give huge hints as to where Kabane's parents are. Of all times, why is it that Mirai had to show up now and that too with Nobimaru? I really commend Akira on his brave act, but nii-san gave him away. Now the final episode remains and so far... this anime seems like a downgraded version of Goblin Slayer.
Apr 17, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2018
It was obvious since the previous episode that they needed Yui and Akira to make the next generation.
My problem is : It's been said multiple times that a boy is born every 100 years. Either it's true, you have to wait a century between the birth of two boys and then having childs as soon as the boys can is stupid.
Or it's just extremely rare and then it doesn't make sense that the village lasted this long. If it's random, it could take 3 try or 200 years and the village would have disappeared a long time ago (or they would have found boys from outside of the village to prevent it, but if it's possible, limiting yourself to one boy for 200 women is stupid).
Jun 8, 2021 4:37 AM

Jul 2015
Mihai really created one helpful plushie. Interesting backstory on Yui so far, with nobody to trust its no wonder he wants to keep his vulnerable brother Akira safe even if its Akira's own comrades.

Jun 13, 2021 11:21 AM
Dec 2014
Why is there so much r*pe in this show :( It's so sad
Oct 18, 2021 4:58 AM

Jun 2016
That's one village I wouldn't like to grow up in, despite there being 200 women. I'm sympathetic towards Yui, but his actions are never clear. Akira, in this case, must be severely confused as to what he should do. Nevertheless, Yui made quite the sacrifice for Akira, even if it was a fruitless effort.

Nobimaru versus Yui. That could be quite the spectacle. Of course, Inari had to get her nose involved. Her search for power starts with the stones.

Oct 22, 2021 5:53 AM

May 2020
Messed up back story in the snow village. But Akira still made up its a great job. Well Nobimaru looks cool in his form wolf instead Kon kinda creepy. Seems that fight will not gonna long. Just realized that ara ara voiced by HanaKana, she did suit well in any character lol.
Mar 26, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
That village was basically a cult not surprised Yui is the way he is now, poor kid.

Akira acting to protect his friends was good, is probably the best he could do in that situation but poor Kabane who probably had no idea what was happening.

Of course Inari couldn't miss being part of the finale.
Oct 21, 2022 7:21 PM

Nov 2012
decent ep actually, the yuki onna's backstory/village seems pretty f'd, they were basically child sex slaves from the sound of things. He wanted to save Akira from that.
Interested to see how it's wrapped up in the finale!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 13, 2023 10:32 PM

Dec 2022
The revelation of Yui's past made my stomach turn... no wonder he's so cold and unemotional now. I could feel his panic when he realised that Akira had hit puberty too and it broke my heart when he sacrificed himself to try keep Akira safe. I hope he and Akira can happiness and be together the way they used to be!
Sep 11, 2023 7:51 AM

Oct 2022
Damn so Akira actually had wet dreams.
sheesh such a bizzare and unspoken topic woven into such a serious matter
Nov 6, 2023 2:06 PM
Aug 2022
Looks like the only shocking element she can think of is involuntary serial procreation.
But it's not shocking, it's just cringe.

Wtf happened to that amazing plot, daaammnnn, it's all ruined now.
Dec 5, 2023 9:53 PM

Nov 2023
Nullstones are very interesting ongfr
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

111 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

98 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

88 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

88 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

72 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 15, 11:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.