Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2021 5:00 PM
Oct 2018
LMFAOO peoples are so funny , they said "manga is Bad After first Season "everytime and now the author want to do something différent you complaining again? Scary and crazy. I'm a manga reader and the manga is good After the first arc don't listen peoples anime only . And I think this Season will be good don't worry
Jan 28, 2021 5:00 PM

Aug 2020
Suhail63 said:
Kawsar said:

Assumptions! No mate, they've completely skipped out a crucial character and a major arc, which moves the story forward. I don't know if you read the manga, if you did than you should know about yuuji and goldy pond.

I did not read the manga but even if they are going on a different path have some faith it could be better than manga... I’m just saying it’s way too soon to judge
yeah ig. Most of us are just salty lol but for right reasons. Anyways let's just see where the hell this goes.
Jan 28, 2021 5:13 PM

Nov 2016
When S2 was announced I was hoping for anime original changes, because the manga really became a disappointment and why not betting on the small chance that it could turn out better. But given how rare it is for Shounen Jump adaptations to switch things up I wasn't really expecting it to happen.

Now I'm reminded that it can always get worse. Well, at least it's fresh content and not boring.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 28, 2021 5:15 PM

Nov 2014
And a quick thing to add: Why do people assume they are gonna skip out the Goldy Pond arc just because Mister wasn't introduced the way they wanted him to be introduced?

I respect the author's decision, so I am curious how things will go. Emma wore the braid in the OP, the names on the wall inside of that old room and the journal are many of the hints to show what we are going to see. They'll probably introduce Mister and the others and the Goldy Pond arc in a different way, some of you REALLY need to cool down 'cause I do get concerned that someone will pop a nerve.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 5:18 PM
May 2018
looks like a massive time jump, the bunker raid happened after Goldy Pond and they didn't explain anything while the bunker was raided
Jan 28, 2021 5:25 PM

Aug 2014
I think it's time to read the manga for me as the anime will go into a different route.
Jan 28, 2021 5:27 PM

Apr 2020
Err... these guys were really soldiers? They were no match for kids. I'm not a reader but I'm also disappointed for this episode.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 28, 2021 5:33 PM

Feb 2014
An assault team being tricked by unprepared children seems farfetched to me. Hhow weren't they aware of those creatures in the forest (aka why shoot up)? Also, were they supposed to walk all those children back to the farm?
Jan 28, 2021 5:43 PM

May 2017
So disappointing, but at least anime watchers are satisfied.
Jan 28, 2021 5:51 PM
Jan 2021
Zeta-Ewigkeit said:
So disappointing, but at least anime watchers are satisfied.

No, no only some anime-only peeps are satisfied. My anime-only ass is extremely disappointed actually.
Jan 28, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2020
They've cut out a lot of content and i think they will try finish story in this season...
Jan 28, 2021 6:02 PM
Dec 2020
curvedtree said:
An assault team being tricked by unprepared children seems farfetched to me. Hhow weren't they aware of those creatures in the forest (aka why shoot up)? Also, were they supposed to walk all those children back to the farm?

It’s anime what did you except πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jan 28, 2021 6:14 PM

Jul 2020
Super mad about all the changes and skipped characters and arcs. RIP to the Promised Neverland. Was so hopeful for this season after reading the manga but now I am just depressed by the missed potential of this adaptation.
Jan 28, 2021 6:25 PM
Jul 2020
I was really looking forward to seeing yuugo ever since i heard about the adaptation. There were so many moments i looked forward to seeing and now it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. If he doesn't show up within these upcoming episodes then i'm gonna stop watching. I'm already satisfied with how the manga went so i'll be fine
Jan 28, 2021 6:41 PM

Dec 2014
So this completely anime original, I stalled the manga early into Goldy Pond so I probably might have an easier time watching all the anime original material. I'll probably wait for the anime to end before going back and finishing the manga.

The montage stuff of them living in the shelter was pretty nice, I liked it. Minerva tells them a location to goto and they all seem to assume that it is the way to escape, I wonder if it will turn out like that. Isabella with her hair down is quite fine I must say, will be cool to see her return.

I will stay cautiously optimistic about this, it's not like this episode was terrible by any means even if it's anime original.
Jan 28, 2021 6:58 PM

Sep 2013
They fucking remove yuugo/mister! so dissapointing! I really like that dude
γ―γ˜γ‚γΎγ—γ¦γ€‚γŠγ‹γ–γγ§γ™γ€γ©γ†γž γ‚ˆγ‚γ—γγ€‚

Feb 2020
Anyone knows the song that play when Isabella accept the mission?

Jul 2016
I honestly don't care if this adaptation is following the manga or not. I'm just happy to see best character returning. Damn, how much I missed Isabella...
Jan 28, 2021 7:00 PM

Apr 2020
Kinda figured the shelter would get attacked. It seemed too good to be true. I'm curious how the shelter was found though.

Also, I think the males that are perfect are made into the soldiers we saw while the females become the mothers of the farms. Maybe Norman will come back as a soldier?
Jan 28, 2021 7:02 PM

Aug 2015
I will wait until the end to make sure they're not just shifting things around instead of totally skipping them, but at this point it is not looking good. If they really completely leave out the best arcs of the series after this divergence I'm gonna be sorely disappointed. Goldy Pond was the main thing I was looking forward to from this adaptation, and I would argue the peak of the manga, and it would be a huge mistake to leave it out entirely. The fact that the original author is behind these changes makes it even more worrying considering how bad the manga got.
Jan 28, 2021 7:06 PM
Apr 2016
Tiagura said:
"Ah look, this manga is so popular. Let's make an anime out of it."
"I got a genius idea! let's make an anime original cause we know we can make a better job than the author himself, right?!"
"And to do so, let's bring the author that we think sucks at writing to write our original, Subarashii!!"

I really don't understand how these anime studio function on a daily basis!
the original author is actually the one who wanted the anime to go anime original. It wasn’t the studio’s idea
Jan 28, 2021 7:08 PM
Oct 2013
Everyone seems upset that the anime is taking a new direction.
I was bracing the last 2 episodes for Yuugo to show up. When he didnt and I saw Isabella I actually got intrigued.
I am still hoping for Yuugo and Goldy Pond to happen but I really hated the ending of the manga, so hoping this redirect will turn out for the better
Jan 28, 2021 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
welp as a anime only this is ironic that the so said good arc i was told about a week or so ago is currently being skipped lol so i have no idea what to think going forward outside of most likely being a anime original ending. i get the frustration but this is still yet another reason i dislike source readers

liked the first half but i figured theres gonna be a time skip because they can't stay in this shelter for long then bam demon working spec op humans show up only to be out played by a cup and some arrows then taken care of ,not sure how they only thought to bring lethal but they were pretty incompetent

remaining optimistic on where this goes regardless it's lost the charm of season 1 and it just shits the bed by the end i'll just read it till it gets bad and call it quits lol
Jan 28, 2021 7:17 PM

Mar 2019
4episodes...

And still not feeling anything with each episode...

And the emotions and goosebumps like the 1th season???

Good, but Lacking..
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 28, 2021 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
huh the manga is trash anyways.
I am expecting some good original anime only plots similar to FA 2003.
Jan 28, 2021 7:21 PM
Apr 2016
Anime-original or not, it's pretty good! I'm liking it so far.

Pretty intense episode, felt a bit nervous at the later parts.
Jan 28, 2021 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
Mama Ray talk herself out of getting killed. She is now gonna hunt him. I do think the manga readers who have invaded this sub are about to get salty. I find it odd they are shitting on this season while a number of them took a mega shit over the ending of Promise Neverland. This is rare we see a creator go anime original for their series. I have a feeling he is doing what the author of the Godfather and Walking Dead did when it came to adapting their own works. They're using this as a second chance to fix flaws with the original source material.

That's just a guess though but I net money we're gonna be very happy at the end of the day. I think this staff is smart and fans need to chill. I know it is gonna go well as some manga readers are okay with this while others aren't. This is a good sign.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 28, 2021 7:34 PM
Jul 2016
This really disappointed me especially since I did not know it was going to become anime only with the storyline... I hope it still ends up good at least but idk how to feel right now
Jan 28, 2021 7:38 PM

Aug 2007

Kidding aside, I'm still going to watch regardless of the changes. I may have to rate it less than what I anticipated I'd score it though.

This episode's just painfully bland.. even the anime-only people have said it. The thing is, this is only booked for 11 episodes. Still hoping for some improvements in the story and character development with the upcoming episodes.
もろともに
ε“€γ‚Œγ¨ζ€γΈ
山摜

θŠ±γ‚ˆγ‚Šε€–γ«
ηŸ₯γ‚‹δΊΊγ‚‚γͺし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Jan 28, 2021 7:47 PM

Mar 2020
This was the most fucking intense episode so far.

Also, FUCK ISABELLE.
NOW WATCHING: Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Go! Go! Loser Ranger, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio, Whisper Me a Love Song, Wind Breaker

Jan 28, 2021 8:03 PM
Sep 2019
I'm glad that my memory from the manga wasn't that bad that I misremembered an entire arc, but not glad that it seems the episode pretty much skipped the entire
arc, which also just so happens to be my favorite, as well as pretty much writing out
, which is one of my favorite characters.
TheKewlPersonJan 28, 2021 8:07 PM
Jan 28, 2021 8:06 PM

Apr 2018
Hmm I wonder how the poachers found out about the shelter that they were in.
Jan 28, 2021 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
Neverland
And here i thought that this episode would be a time skip where they are older or stronger, but no, here we are again at the beginning, running into nowhere without knowing what to do next since they left everything there.
Damn, this season is getting really stressful for us and for the kids lmao

I do wonder what the demon told to mama, but for sure the sole fact that she can return to the human world?(i assume), is a very big bait and i do wonder if she will do something or actually help the kids.

Honestly, Neverland is one of those animes that it seems like it's impossible for it to end with a good ending, this will get even harsher on them now, but can't wait for the next one!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 28, 2021 8:32 PM

Aug 2019
Welp, apparently someone nuked their shelter and raided it. Not sure if they're working for the Grace fields farm.

Dominic is just too sweet man. Gotta love him. I have to show some love for Thoma and Lannion too, that scene where they stepped up to try the fish was kinda cute/wholesome, i'm not gonna lie.

I have absolutely no fucking idea who those soldiers are, but they aren't trying to kill them at least. Let's see what happens with them in the forest and if they'll ever meet with William Minerva one day.

Jan 28, 2021 8:33 PM
Nov 2019
Wow, the manga readers REALLY don't seem to like this episode. Guess I'll have to read it myself when this season is over. As an anime-only however, I thought this was a solid episode. I kept suspecting, in both this episode and the last, that something bad was gonna happen soon, and sure enough, it does. And now Isabella is back and on their trail.
Jan 28, 2021 8:47 PM
Feb 2019
Goddamn it, here we start with the bullshit, this type of bullshit is the same reason why the manga went downhill for me.

This episode had a great start but the moment I see untrained kids defeating trained soldiers with machine guns or even monsters (WITH NO CASUALTIES!!!) it starts going downhill for me.

This anime is going original so I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt but I won't expect much from it. This is shounen after all so I know this type of bullshit is inevitable but the 1st season didn't have none of that shit, that's why the first season was soo damn good.
Jan 28, 2021 8:50 PM

May 2019
Okay, AoT 4 and Neverland 2, two good anime doomed by the annoying intolerance of Manga readers butthurt.

I was bugged with the plot holes and forced Ex Machina in these 4 episodes, but now i think this anime deserves a bit more of consideration.
Jan 28, 2021 9:23 PM

Oct 2017
I was worrying a little since episode 3, but did they seriously just skip the entire Golden Pond arc, as well as removing the old man which is important to the story and very likable?

So we have these boring slice of life for 2 whole episodes with nothing happens, and then we skip an entire arc which suppose to describe the nature/ society of the Demons?
Jan 28, 2021 9:23 PM

May 2012
FMmatron said:
When S2 was announced I was hoping for anime original changes, because the manga really became a disappointment and why not betting on the small chance that it could turn out better. But given how rare it is for Shounen Jump adaptations to switch things up I wasn't really expecting it to happen.

Now I'm reminded that it can always get worse. Well, at least it's fresh content and not boring.

It's been a snoozefest up until now...
Jan 28, 2021 9:26 PM

Oct 2017
Rob7 said:
Okay, AoT 4 and Neverland 2, two good anime doomed by the annoying intolerance of Manga readers butthurt.

I was bugged with the plot holes and forced Ex Machina in these 4 episodes, but now i think this anime deserves a bit more of consideration.

When an anime just skip an entire arc which is important to the story, what would you feel ?

Did you like Tokyo Ghoul season 2?
That's what's happening to Neverland right now.
Jan 28, 2021 9:32 PM

Dec 2020
So the pathetic whining of manga readers have already started. Now we already know it's gonna be anime original so Y'all don't need to whine about it not following manga every episode. Do you all really thought it'd simply follow manga and give us complete adaptation till the end !! If the Author is willing to work on it and fix the bad Ending for the series as a whole, it's a good thing, I doubt it'd be worse than manga's Ending unless they mess up even more
Jan 28, 2021 9:48 PM

Apr 2020
I'm seeing a lot of manga readers angry about skipping material.
But I being an anime-only am enjoying this till now.

Isabella is coming back for the action. Atfirst I thought Minerva betrayed but they are from the farm, but they already knew about the shelters.

Is Minerva dead or he left?
--AbiSa--
Jan 28, 2021 9:50 PM

Dec 2018
I'm still mourning over Yuugo's rotting cookies in the monitor room.
Jan 28, 2021 9:58 PM
Sep 2012
As the others, this is very upsetting. They’re cutting out parts of the manga that, IMO, were some of the best arcs in The Promised Neverland. I just don’t understand why they would do this, I thought the anime industry would have learned by now that people actually prefer an accurate adaptation. They could still bring him in, but Yugo was one of my favorite characters, I’m going to be so upset if they cut him out completely. I really liked this bunker arc in the manga too.

Even setting the manga aside, this episode was not at all good. How things are going, they basically made this bunker part absolutely pointless. I feel bad for you anime only watchers, because there’s no way that whatever they replace the original plot with will be better. My only hope is that Kaiu Shirai doesn’t let them fuck up the plot he wrote, since he’s supervising the anime. This is one of my favorite manga though, so my current opinion on the anime has soured immensely.
Jan 28, 2021 10:00 PM

Dec 2018
fuck_my_life_707 said:
Still no Yuugo. Please excuse me while i'm crying for the million time

RIP Yuugo, your crackheadness will be missed. batshit insane characters are the best.
Jan 28, 2021 10:04 PM

Aug 2019
that cgi was, interesting to say the least
Jan 28, 2021 10:06 PM

Jan 2017
Is it mean of me that I kinda want Rossi to die just because his scrunched up face is so off putting and out of place compared to the rest of the cast. It’s just not pleasant to look at. Why is his face way to small for his head?
Jan 28, 2021 10:17 PM

Oct 2015
Im honestly surprised why many manga readers get mad after this episode. We already know this since last week, TPN will go original anime route.
Jan 28, 2021 10:30 PM

Nov 2009
This is some pretty horrible writing. This is looking to be a drop. How do trained soldiers get outplayed by some children with bows?

Why were they wearing gas masks if they didn't plan on gassing them? If they were trying to capture them why use guns?

What the hell even is this?
Fear is the mind killer.
Jan 28, 2021 11:07 PM
Feb 2018
i think anime is following the manga faithfully

in being HATED

hahahahahahhaa
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is so bad about season 2? ( 1 2 )

ThatIcyElf - Sep 8, 2023

50 by tlowe »»
Jun 19, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Jun 12, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.