Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2019
What a joke of an episode lmao. Imagine skipping the second best arc there is. Probably one if the biggest disappointments to exist of this season and probably this year.
Jan 28, 2021 1:05 PM
Feb 2020
This episode was fast asf. Probably about to read the manga tbh. This episode seemed a bit...cheaty. Like I feel there is no way they should've survived that.
Jan 28, 2021 1:08 PM
Dec 2020
I didn’t wanna have to read the manga because it failed to interest me after they escaped the farm, but I guess I have to now
Jan 28, 2021 1:19 PM
Dec 2019
I've never went from loving a show to hating it this quickly.

Not only did they completely skip
but the pacing, atmosphere, OST and animation this episode were awful. This is another Root A case.
Jan 28, 2021 1:24 PM
Jul 2017
Let’s not be biased. The episode was really good. When you look at it as a new original stuff and not compare it to the manga.
Yes, i am also sad and mad that we wont see Goldy Pond and all the manga story as it was, but it’s what the creators choose to do and we can either drop the anime or watch anime as something new.
Jan 28, 2021 1:28 PM

Nov 2014
alessandroempire said:
I am so disappointed.They skipped one of the best arcs. Emma vs Lewis. Yuugo.
This was going to be the best arc.
They should have done an original of the ending.
Not this.
They lost my interest. This is pathetic.
Please fire the director and producer. This author is dead to me.
You are overreacting, seriously. So what if Mister wasn't introduced in this episode? Does it mean the GP arc will be disregarded? The names on the wall are more like hints/foreshadowing of what is about to come and they probably will introduce the others differently.

Emma wears the braid which she gains during the GP arc, so there is a hope the arc will be shown. Too quick to judge after the fourth episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 1:34 PM
Dec 2020
shane_nichols said:
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD
facts, they crying so hard now because they create unrealistic expectations. These are the same people that bitched about the manga becoming bad too. It’s funny because I don’t think they realize that the person scripting the anime original is literally the mangaka , so it will probably end up good
Jan 28, 2021 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
I'll say this:

1. I am honestly really tired to see the same complaints over and over again, my brain is close to having a meltdown.

2. It was stated the anime was going to be original because the author themselves weren't satisfied with the outcome of the manga, so they have joined the team with script-writers to go ahead and see how things will turn out.

3. I say this again - I highly doubt they have skipped out the GP arc, Emma wears the braid in the OP which she gains during the arc, the names on the wall are quite the hint I am baffled people are missing it and the journal too as some have mentioned. Maybe they'll introduce the gang differently and same goes for the arc, I just have enough of seeing the same shit over again and explain the same shit over again.

4. Go ahead and drop it, be my guest. We are still at the fourth episode of the series, so I am still gonna watch it to the end and see what sort of route they have chosen for this series. Thanks for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 1:42 PM

Jul 2016
Im an anime only and I disliked this ep as well, Its hilarious how bad those soldiers were. And Isabella coming in because they already anticipated trained military to fail against kids just priceless. I really hope the manga didn't have those parts, because I could immediately tell that the writing went downhill this ep. I liked tho that they waited quite some time to check if the food was poisoned.
Hero_LukaJan 28, 2021 1:46 PM
Jan 28, 2021 1:44 PM

Oct 2015
This episode threw me off, don't know how to feel about the deviation from the manga. I'm not going to get my pitchfork out yet and see what comes next. Have to agree that the episode was a jumbled mess though.
Tired, always tired!
Jan 28, 2021 1:45 PM
Sep 2015
fawadddd said:
What the hell has even happened to this show? I'm coming from a totally different place from the manga readers here; I haven't read the manga, so I have no clue about the cut content. The problem I have here is the sudden shift from horror to a weird ass, badly executed slice of life/action-adventure combo, filled to the rim with bad writing, raging plot armor, and stuff that's just downright stupid and makes no sense. It's just so disappointing to me. You've basically thrown away everything that made Season 1 so great. You'd be forgiven for thinking this was fan-fiction because that's exactly what this reeks of; bad fan-fiction.

Thank you. As an anime-only, I have to agree with you.
Jan 28, 2021 1:48 PM
Sep 2015
So many random scenes. When was Isabella put in prison? It was never mentioned before (the last time we saw her was the last episode of the first season). Is a new mother taking care of the kids at the farm?

How did those guys know all the entries to the shelter? Also that CGI demon looked AWFUL. Felt like I was watching AOT.
nifetiseBOYJan 28, 2021 1:53 PM
Jan 28, 2021 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
JOELbedulla said:
fawadddd said:
What the hell has even happened to this show? I'm coming from a totally different place from the manga readers here; I haven't read the manga, so I have no clue about the cut content. The problem I have here is the sudden shift from horror to a weird ass, badly executed slice of life/action-adventure combo, filled to the rim with bad writing, raging plot armor, and stuff that's just downright stupid and makes no sense. It's just so disappointing to me. You've basically thrown away everything that made Season 1 so great. You'd be forgiven for thinking this was fan-fiction because that's exactly what this reeks of; bad fan-fiction.

Thank you. As an anime-only, I have to agree with you.

YEP, you can instantly tell something is wrong.
Jan 28, 2021 1:50 PM
Oct 2019
MegamiRem said:
So the last bit of hope anyone had of seeing
in the anime is now gone.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing
in the anime is now gone.[/quote] too...

Still looking forward to seeing where this is all going, but a loss is a loss nonetheless.
Jan 28, 2021 2:20 PM
Jan 2021
fawadddd said:

👏👏👏👏👏
My thoughts exactly.
If I didn't know better, I would start to think that maybe they plagiarized some poor 13 year olds Wattpad work and turned that in as the anime adaptation
Ergo_Kitty_KatJan 28, 2021 2:23 PM
Jan 28, 2021 2:25 PM
May 2020
Seems likeThey straight up skipped a few arcs and one of my favorites, Goldy Pond, this adaptation is not looking good at all. Plus, where's yuugo? what is even happening anymore
Jan 28, 2021 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
Ehh, I'll just wait and see where this will end up... Episode felt too random and well, all I can say is that this thread and it's heated discussions says it all. Episode was pretty bad but I am trying to stay positive for a good ending of this season, no matter how original it may get.
Jan 28, 2021 2:30 PM
Feb 2017
HAHAHAHAHABA manga reader tears never tasted sweeter
Jan 28, 2021 2:34 PM

Jul 2017
This was quite the episode when gauging the reactions that this has received for committing to the full anime-only direction this season has decided to take. When removing the context of the manga from my judgment, I wasn't too bored by this episode and found the element of world building to be surprisingly decent, showcasing how much they are adjusting to their lives and training themselves to survive out there without a mother to look over them anymore while taking advantage of what the shelter had to offer. But at the same time, I will also admit that this episode tonally felt a bit all over the place with a lot going on from the Isabella stuff, to the kids' shelter being breached pretty damn quickly and Ray being Ray at the end too.

I'm still willing to give this a chance. Sure I'm disappointed that Yuugo's no longer there and the anime's taking a completely new direction earlier than expected since The Promised Neverland by this point still had a lot to give before the manga crumbled apart, and from the start, the anime does feel like a downgrade already with a more jumbled up direction, but the episode itself wasn't that bad for me since I still was engaged mentally with the show and still find more positives in watching this kind of episode than most seasonals I'm on weekly. I'll keep my eye on this though since given the sort of mixed bag start where there really hasn't been new benefits with the changes, it definitely can crumble even more quicker than the manga did to produce a genuinely rough season, but for now, I still would say its a solid one nonetheless.
Jan 28, 2021 2:47 PM

Sep 2017
I just think it's hilarious how, when the first season ended, the forums were Filled with people going "alright, hope you liked that bc the manga goes downhill from here". Plenty of the "hype" going into this season was surrounded by manga readers complaining about the ending and the series' direction

And now people are mad it's going original. I just have to laugh

Jan 28, 2021 2:47 PM
Sep 2020
Im confused, everybody complained about the manga being trash. Now that the anime is going a different direction people are complaining again? Just stfu stupid manga readers you dont know what you want apparently
Jan 28, 2021 2:48 PM
Sep 2020
rubybestgirl said:
I just think it's hilarious how, when the first season ended, the forums were Filled with people going "alright, hope you liked that bc the manga goes downhill from here". Plenty of the "hype" going into this season was surrounded by manga readers complaining about the ending and the series' direction

And now people are mad it's going original. I just have to laugh

Yup exactly, manga readers just always complain on every anime. I just wish they would stop thinking that everything has to be around them
Jan 28, 2021 2:51 PM
Jul 2011
anime watchers: hAHA mAngA ReAdErs TeArs
also anime watchers: can't read so they're jealous and missing out on actual good content
Jan 28, 2021 3:01 PM
Sep 2019
Bunch of crybaby ass kids. Acting like your favorite toy or candy was taken. Just because things didn’t go according to how you initially thought, y’all so quick to feelings of disappoint and rage and unwilling to look at what possibilities this change could bring.
Jan 28, 2021 3:02 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I got spoiled about some things by fans of the manga so I'm excited this is going a diff route.
Yes the OG was great cause of the mind games. They may return to it later in the series, who knows at this point.

My only issue rn is how convenient that pen is and that it appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

As for thoughts on the episode... I wasn't expecting them to plan to return this soon. They still had a few years if I remember correctly and yes they now have skills to survive in the wild but they don't seem nearly capable enough to return to their own farm. I'd prefer if they got reinforcements first as they still seem severely underpowered compared to Isabella and company. That they made it through the woods was thanks to sheer luck and two demons' self interest.

I heard of this goldy pond thing, what it is exactly I'm unsure of but it would be a wise choice to have that (or something like it) in-between now and them returning to their farm.
The themes' visuals have me hopeful with the implied timeskip at some point (Emma looks older and appears to have a braid now to cover up her ear)
RanacchiJan 28, 2021 3:10 PM
Jan 28, 2021 3:04 PM

Oct 2017
As a manga reader bla bla blah waaa

STFU, drop, GTFO and go cry in the manga corner!
Jan 28, 2021 3:08 PM
Apr 2018
I never been so happy and so piss about a anime in a long time, in one hand the anime give me a hope that Isabella will have a better ending in this,in other they cut off my favourite character in the manga. So how I'm suppose to feel about this, dropped this alternative reality, or keep watching to know what comes next. The manga has his problems with the pacing in the ending, but the "next arc" is the best of the manga. And all original ending in adaptation sucks. In the end I'm profundity divided to continue to watching or dropped now.
Jan 28, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2018
ANIME ORIGINAL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS hopefully shirai has thought out the story more than he did with the maga
Jan 28, 2021 3:26 PM

Nov 2015
Apologies if this is already stated by someone but I only read to first comments to avoid spoilers as an anime only.

So from what ive read and understand: they ditched the manga and went on with an original story or is it a mix from both? So the first 3 ep were canon and now from ep 4 it is anime original?

Just finding out what the best way is of enjoying this anime. Might play it safe and wait till it's over and read some reviews about it.
Jan 28, 2021 3:45 PM

Jul 2020
Go read the manga, it's far better than this adaptation. They really changed the story

Jan 28, 2021 3:46 PM
Dec 2020
I don’t understand why people are already making assumptions 4 episodes in lol
Jan 28, 2021 3:51 PM
Dec 2020
BenjaminSergeo said:
anime watchers: hAHA mAngA ReAdErs TeArs
also anime watchers: can't read so they're jealous and missing out on actual good content

We are 4 epsiodes in can you stop judging & why y’all manga readers are so toxic???
Jan 28, 2021 3:56 PM
Aug 2020
Ok I’m feeling conflicted so here goes...
I’m an anime-only so I know I’m not in a manga readers shoes about feeling disappointed. And I know that ‘adaptation’ isn’t a definitive term, and adaptations can be as close or as far removed from their source material as they want. I also haven’t heard or been around the discourse concerning the manga’s quality, but what I can gauge from here is that after the first arc, the quality fell? And now the anime has missed out a big chunk, basically what constituted a whole arc and some other characters, but the manga creator is behind these changes in the anime? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
But from this, I have thoughts. Firstly, I’m not about to pick up the manga just yet, and not just because it differs. From experience, I’ve found I don’t like consuming a series in manga and anime form at the same time as being in different places of the story confuses me and I’d rather just take in all the shock and twists and turns in one media form, which is especially important for this show. And as much as I’d like to know what happens in the arc they missed out, I’m sure I’ll read the manga later, but at this point I don’t want to look it up at risk of longer term spoilers.
Nevertheless, I can’t help but feel some disappointment. I get that for manga readers it’s annoying not to see an arc animated, especially if that included some favourite characters and that the changes disrupt the story, but I also feel like anime-onlys have been cheated out of a story. Even if the creator didn’t like how it worked out so is reworking it, I still want to consume that version of the story but now I only can in the manga.
But also, I’m not exactly that mad. First off, after that episode and before reading these comments, I thought the episode was great. I was shocked, I was on the edge of my seat, and I like how things played out. And I was excited to discuss theories of where the story may head but all the comments were just about the shift to anime original so nope. But I do think that, if the manga creator wanted to change a story they weren’t satisfied with in the anime, go for it. I’m not gonna suddenly turn my back on the series just because it’s not the same as the manga. And honestly, if I were a manga fan, I might be a little excited. Yeah I may not get what I expect, but isn’t that what the shows about? And now manga fans aren’t watching knowing exactly what will happen, they can watch in suspense and on edge too, and can theorise where the story will head. That is if the story will dramatically change. For all we know, the extent of the manga creators changes may just be shuffling around some plot points, and the same things may happen but just slightly differently. Anyway, I don’t want to jump the gun yet. Let’s just wait and see how it unfolds and then judge based on what we’re given, not on what we expect to get, or what we miss.
Jan 28, 2021 4:02 PM
Apr 2020
CodePanda1 said:
They completly flew off the manga rails and went on their own story which feels very awkward and rushed in my opinion. I think the author doesn't want to work on this series anymore so they just want to end the whole series this season no matter what even at the cost of it going down into the hole of bad anime.
The author is actually working in these anime new scenarios...
Jan 28, 2021 4:04 PM

Oct 2015
Even if I wasn't aware of the events that were supposed to unfold now, this episode would feel just as random, badly paced and pointless as it was.

None of it felt organic, from the incompetent SWAT dudes not not being able to capture any children inside the shelter, to them being instantly eaten by the demon while the children put on their plot armor...

As said in this thread, here's hoping for at least some dead children this arc ahahah
Well, the Goldy Pond Arc was actually fun in the manga, but IF they are skipping/changing it, I hope it's for the best... (am scared!)
Jan 28, 2021 4:05 PM

Feb 2016
The manga went downhill after GP arc, that‘s the overall opinion of the majority of manga readers. They literally skipped the good part to go to the trash part faster, of course people will be complaining.

But I really gotta rant about this episode.

I had nothing against the anime going anime original for season 2, but these past few episodes sucked so hard. There‘s barely anything new you learn and this episode they showed all these irrelevant and superficial „bonding“ moments montage of their group, which the episodes before had like enough already. I literally don‘t fucking care that they bath together or that they cook, hunt, play, eat together; THIS WAS ALREADY THE FOCUS WHEN THEY WERE WITH SONJU AND MUJIKA, AS WELL AS THE EPISODE JUST BEFORE THIS ONE.

I get the author probably regrets not having developed all the other kids from the RayEmma troupe, but it‘s done so overly superficial. It‘s as if this all just serves as a plot device that they can use to make some kinda pLoT tWiSt happen and there‘s no real feeling of attachment to the bunker, which sucks hard ass. They be hopping from location to location only now.

I‘m not really happy with the changes they made, cuz it just feels rushed. Irrelevant scenes are being focused on while those that are actually interesting are either skipped or rushed. Nothing really made sense in todays ep, the kids were way too chill about some rando dudes blowing up their bunker and aiming their guns at them. Till now, their only concern have been the demons and Isabella, there has been no real danger coming from other humans. Why the fuck was the tone so wrong when those dudes where there? They literally didn’t feel threatening at all! (which in contrast to the manga was absolutely nerve wrecking)
I tried to blend out my „manga knowledge“ while watching the episode, but it‘s just so obvious that a huge chunk is missing and that the writing is lacking, as well as the direction being all over the place. This episode felt hella empty and I really hope the next episodes are going to be better, because right now for me, it‘s a lackluster show. It‘s not fun, not hype and just plain out boring.
I was hoping to enjoy the anime only content, so that as a manga reader I‘d have new content to look out for as well. But since ep 1, I‘m kinda losing hope for a decent show to watch :/
Jan 28, 2021 4:15 PM
Sep 2019
pacing got way fucked, yay bunker then oh no its gone. due to this episode alone its feels like they will conclude the story with this season and an ova covering the last few chapters.
Jan 28, 2021 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
Not a manga reader but liked this one, best of season 2 imo. But goddam that cgi is looking really bad
Jan 28, 2021 4:17 PM
May 2020
dompsterfire said:
the promised neverland: brotherhood when?

I feel you, damn disappointed guess Ill drop it
Jan 28, 2021 4:20 PM

Sep 2018
I'm a huge fan of TPN and I didn't even think the manga went off the rails, like most tend to...but this is just a huge disappointment, through and through. I don't know if I'm even going to keep watching this adaptation, just incredibly wasted potential all throughout. Honestly a little upset about this.
Jan 28, 2021 4:23 PM
Apr 2016
What the actual fuck. They ruined the anime. Wheres yuuji, the golden pond arc. Fuck the direction this anime is headed and fuck the team that tought we'll sit there and swallow it.
Jan 28, 2021 4:27 PM
Apr 2016
Suhail63 said:

Assumptions! No mate, they've completely skipped out a crucial character and a major arc, which moves the story forward. I don't know if you read the manga, if you did than you should know about yuuji and goldy pond.
Jan 28, 2021 4:28 PM
Aug 2012
If the author did not like how the manga was going, then don't make a generic anime story just to have a season 2.

I will keep watching just to see, but my expectations are pretty low now.
Jan 28, 2021 4:31 PM
Dec 2020
Kawsar said:
Suhail63 said:

Assumptions! No mate, they've completely skipped out a crucial character and a major arc, which moves the story forward. I don't know if you read the manga, if you did than you should know about yuuji and goldy pond.

I did not read the manga but even if they are going on a different path have some faith it could be better than manga... I’m just saying it’s way too soon to judge
Jan 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like this series really went 100% original which is very disappointing.

That shelter got discovered quickly...

Isabella is going to make a return which is cool at least. I'm curious with what the demon actually whispered to her.

Seems they will try to finish the story in this season. I just hope it won't be as bad as the manga ending was.
Jan 28, 2021 4:38 PM
Dec 2015
Not a great episode but I personally feel like it's too early to make full comparison. Though I honestly didn't like Goldy Pond arc, the whole foundation of it felt extremely shaky to me and none of the questions I had for it were later addressed. The villains were just laughable as well. Personally I feel like manga simply became bad after first arc, so I hope they can't make things even worse here. Sadly, the plot armor is already jarring... I wish they wouldn't slam a major deus ex machina in my face every two episodes.
Jan 28, 2021 4:44 PM

Jun 2017
Ok...WHAT THE FUCK? They removed one of the best characters and the second best arc. I wouldn't have given a shit if they went anime original after because at that point the story really hit rock bottom but doing this...I just can't even. This is anime original at this point.

And NO, they cannot even reintroduce said best character later because the shelter played a very important role in his development.

Not to mention Isabella's character got toally murdered (if you read the manga you will know what I mean) too and to add insult to injury they are reusing her as a villain again.

Jan 28, 2021 4:48 PM
Dec 2015
Alright, so just asking (haven’t seen episode yet), but I’m anime only, and I’ve liked everything I’ve seen up until now. From what I’ve heard, they took out a really good arc and made it so that we never meet an important character named Yuugo. Question being, should I keep watching? I like the quality, cloverworks, and everything else, no qualms, but that definitely blows to hear. (Ps don’t normally spoil things for myself, but was curious to see a decent drop in ratings) #whoops
Jan 28, 2021 4:48 PM

Mar 2019
wtf, either my memory of the Manga is way off or they just skipped or changed a bunch of stuff? and what happened to Yuugo?
Jan 28, 2021 4:55 PM

Dec 2020
"We're not having much luck today." So why is Dominic still leading? Sure, give the newbie first dibs on the first few attempts but you take over before getting to the "not much luck today" point so that you don't go home empty handed.

And the "goowee"... You have arrows. Just stab the motherfishers and be done with it. They're just sitting there.

How do they expect to storm these farms and take the kids out? They can't even hold down a hideout for more than one episode.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is so bad about season 2? ( 1 2 )

ThatIcyElf - Sep 8, 2023

50 by tlowe »»
Jun 19, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Jun 12, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.