Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2020 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
I dunno what to give this overall. I think the most positive think I can say about it is “This final episode wasn’t as bad as I was expecting”.

Show had an interesting concept but it felt like it faltered in its execution at just about every conceivable opportunity. The comedy was pretty great but the plot was all but absent until like episode 8 or 9, and by that point it was pretty obvious where things were going.

Also my goodness the romantic angle being pushed despite Hina's condition feels super icky now that we’re done.
Dec 26, 2020 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
Not really liking how forceful Youta is being honestly. He needs to calm down, and did they really just basically go straight back into wanting to film that movie? Really? Just...Felt rushed to do that in a sense, as if they didn't care about Hina's well being and just put her back into film.
Dec 26, 2020 9:52 AM
May 2016
The more I think about it this is "Awakenings" (the 1990 Robin Williams Robert DeNiro movie) the anime, same disease, same miracle cure, same turn at the end but with a tacky ending.
Dec 26, 2020 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
Hmmm where do I start? That wasn't as bad as I expected... or that sad. Seriously, from Jun Maeda's words I expected the worst and yes, seeing the change from the always cheerful Hima to what she became now is sad but the ending ended up being more bittersweet than sad... and even hopeful lol.

Having watched Charlotte and now this, I can say that I definitely don't like Jun Maeda's sad twists. And it's a damn shame because I loved the slice of life/comedy on both shows. This was one of my aots when it was SOL/comedy, really one of the anime I was having the most fun with this year thanks to Hina's great personality and her interactions with Yota but then came the obligatory time to make it sad and it lost all that I had loved about it. Seriously, Jun Maeda, do a SOL/comedy and stop forcing sad twists. I may not have been that much of a fan of the last few episodes but no one is going to take away the fun I had with the first 8 episodes, the "I'm so loli I could practically kill a virgin" was one of the most glorious and funny lines I have seen in anime and will always remain in my memory.

The beginning of the anime being Hina's final words got me, that shit made me shed some tears (sorry, I'm quite emotional).

I was going to say that Izanami was robbed but she actually robbed herself so whatever. Hina best girl! Another lovely performance by Ayane Sakura <3.

I liked this show more than Charlotte/10.
SkyLETVDec 26, 2020 10:01 AM
Dec 26, 2020 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
What happened to the "saddest anime ever made?" It was way too over dramatic, rushed and cliche. The only time I cried was Izanami's mini episode, but it's because I was personally connected to its theme's. Maybe it's because it was overhyped and I set my expectations too high, but overall I thought it was a bad show other than the great animation and pretty good op and ed. 4/10.
Dec 26, 2020 10:14 AM
Dec 2014
Well, nothing ever gonna beat the fun of Clannad first season and the sadness and tears of Clannad after story after all I guess. Please try again Maeda. Hint: you need at least 24 episodes for some proper build up so we really have time to feel for the characters.
I did not watch Charlotte but I had the same issue with Angel Beats, too short. Though that last one still manage to pull some tears from me, but not for the final, it was during the concert episode.
Either way, I thought Hina died on the couch during the movie screening because we saw her still before we got a closer look and see that she was just asleep. My subconsciousness and I expected a sad ending..
Dec 26, 2020 10:15 AM

Jan 2017
HUGE disappointment and a missed opportunity to make something great 4/10 (with +1 included for an amazing OP song).
Dec 26, 2020 10:15 AM
Jul 2020
What's the goal of this anime actually? Like saddest anime ever? Huh?? It's either bait from Maeda or just it didn't work out. It's very messy. So messy.

The only good character here is Izanami and Izanami only. The only great episode is focused on Izanami. Thus the reason why she's one of the best girl this season. I did enjoy this anime alot from the beggining to Izanami episode. After that it falls flat.

Score:a generous 6.
Dec 26, 2020 10:17 AM

May 2019
An ok finale of a bad anime. Yota shouted at Hina again. Way to go, you idiot. And till the very end, the sister managed to get on my nerves with her constant -shi's at the end of every sentence.

The idea behind it wasn't bad at all, Hina having Logos Syndrome and the professor's cure efforts are all nice thoughts, but sadly, the execution was pretty bad.

My first complaint is characters, everyone, yes everyone, sucked. Everyone except for Hina was painfully 1D. There's Yota the creepy siscon with a typical protagonist personality, Izanami the kuudere love interest, Imuoto with a retarded way of speaking (the worst character of all), the ramen shop girl, the "adult" celebrity woman who hangs out with a bunch of kids for no reason, the best friend who is just a usual best friend, and lastly the computer kid who didn't have much screentime...

My second complaint is the story. The first 9 episodes were too disconnected that they felt like they had no purpose other than being episodic fillers. And because of that, when things got suddenly serious I just couldn't care less.

So all in all, a failed anime for me. 3/10 is the best I can do and that's because I loved the ill Hina.

I believe one day the Japanese will realise that being a siscon (or brocon) is not a good comedy material unless you're in a gag manga.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 26, 2020 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
OMG THEY FAKED ME OUT SO HARD. xD

I thought she had died by the end of the movie.

Um....so....

The show is pretty to look at and some of the comedy was really funny. Hina is cute but Suzuki's still my favorite character. The music is lovely...and the shots of Hina hugging Youta in the sunset were really gorgeous

Overall, this is like....a VERY weak version of Air. The story is similar...but it really lacks the things that made Air so good (and so very tragic).

I did enjoy watching it...but I probably wouldn't buy the show.

Definitely missed the mark here, Maeda-san. Please keep making anime; I KNOW you can do better!! :)

Dec 26, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2019
What a waste of time. I was really enjoying the series because of Hina, the comedy and its characters interactions, I wish it didn't go the melodramatic route. This anime started going down when they gave us lolicon hints and started trying to force this shitty drama into the story, ruined everything for me.
Dec 26, 2020 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
didn't really appreciate the ending being so randomly unresolved with Hina being put into an environment essentially hostile to her condition.
it was incredibly sad though, it pained me to see the old Hina in the movie they'd filmed previously, and the fact that she'll probably never be the same or completely cured though.. that was bittersweet. definitely not maeda's neither saddest not best one though.
Dec 26, 2020 10:30 AM
Aug 2017
Well, I certainly fell for that bait people have been saying on these threads about this being promised as the "saddest anime ever" or something along those lines, because I've been waiting for it every week and... it never happened. I genuinely felt more emotion watching most Shounen battle series.

In particular, this ending has to be the worst episode of anime I've ever seen, not only did Yota's atrocious attempts at caregiving of a sick child somehow get legitimised in the end as magically being more effective than the actual trained professionals (seriously, does this Maeda guy despise actual doctors or something - I know people said he was sick, did they give him terrible care in the hospital and this is how he's hitting back at them?) but the anime has just completely ignored everything it told us earlier about Logos Syndrome. I mean, seriously, we have a girl who is supposed to have severe cerebral & muscular atrophy casually shooting free throws into a basketball hoop more than twice her height? The fact the disease is meant to be terminal has just been tossed aside too apparently. I really don't understand why they bothered introducing the father character to provide that information if they were then just going to completely disregard it once the chip that "cured" Hina from the condition was removed.

It's shame this selfdestructed so spectacularly in the last 3 episodes cause up until then I was reasonably enjoying it, but genuinely that was one of the worst written conclusions I've ever seen, in any media form. The fact I was falsely expecting some kind of sad ending only for them to end it on a ridiculously unrealistic (from the information the anime itself had provided) upbeat note just made it even worse.
Dec 26, 2020 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
Retarded hina is insufferable compared to god lke hina but damn I hope we get a sequel where we see hina actually die or have some mental break down, twould have been a better ending dat way ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2020 10:35 AM
Jun 2019
Hina's smile and Youta's crying at the last minute made me shed tears. big thanks to Key, PA Works, and Jun Maeda
Dec 26, 2020 10:38 AM

Feb 2017
found this more enjoyable than charlotte, but for me angel beats was sadder tbh. these last few episodes have felt so off. you never saw hina actively looking for yota at all while she was at the facility. only when he leaves then she's looking for him? also i thought that her condition made it so that she wouldn't live very long so i have to say i'm a bit confused as to why she's still alive and not really deteriorating. and honestly was expecting hina to die tbh; i really thought she died after the movie had finished and i think that would have had more of an impact. this could definitely use some kind of epilogue where hina passes away but yota continues researching her condition.

also where tf did this "saddest anime ever created" bit come from? i got a bit sad during the scene where yota and hina were hugging in the snow. the only shocking thing to me was that hina didn't die. what kind of sad anime ends with no death? & oof at whatever the hell happened with yota x izanami. seems like yota is more in love with hina after spending a month together, rather than izanami who he'd known for years and literally confessed his love to

placeholder text
Dec 26, 2020 10:46 AM

Sep 2020
The end of KAMISAMA NI NATTA HI.

This episode was touching, especially when Hina came running towards Youta.
When Hina called out Youta's name and walked towards him,it was so beautiful.

We had 2 insert songs played in this episode and the movie was taken so lovely!
The ending was beautiful ngl. Some episodes were rushed, yes but hey the ending was perfect.
Youta has a dream now, to cure Hina's illness no matter what and the love of Hina towards Youta motivates him.
Sayonara Hina and Youta, we had a great ride with you!
Dec 26, 2020 10:49 AM
Dec 2019
Lol Jun lied so hard yall should have realized if he really had a sad ending planned he wouldn't have hyped it up so much
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Dec 26, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
The first nine episodes were great.

Episode 5 "The Day of Grand Magic" was easily a top 5 episode of 2021, and honestly might've been my favorite singular episode alongside the end of the Ishigami arc in Love is War Season 2.

I feel like he tried too hard to be sad this time, and because it was only 12 episodes, there wasn't enough time to make it work.

I'll probably give it a 7/10 (close to an 8/10 due to Maeda bias) because the first 7 to 9 episodes were actually all 8/10 or better.
Dec 26, 2020 10:55 AM

Oct 2018
Just as I expected, the episode has reached the highest level of sadness! Youta has been discovered as an imposter and had his time cut short!

The level of depression begins when Youta is now seperated from Hina and refuse to leave Hina. Thankfully, Hina remembers and loves Youta! I really love their heartwarming moment!😫

And, now Hina is back and looks like the movie is complete! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I really love the movie scenes! Not to mention the ending of the movie is a reminiscent of the starting episode! xD

Overall, I really love the beautiful scenery at the end of the anime! I nearly cried especially the ED music played in the background! I'll give them 10/10! Sayonara Youta and Hina!

Mod Edit: Added image tag
anime-primeDec 28, 2020 7:08 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 26, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
This had a bittersweet ending. I'm happy that Hina was reunited with everyone but I'm still saddened at her current state. :(
Ngl, I almost shed some tears watching the final episode.

Dec 26, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2008
Cocoa_Hoto said:

I really love their the heartwarming moment!😫

Yeah....this shot is so gorgeous.....I really love the pinks. >_<

if only they had built up the relationship a little more...really, just one episode is all it would have taken.

Dec 26, 2020 11:06 AM

Oct 2012
I wish people would stop with the "saddest anime of all time" plug. From what I can tell, it was only ever mentioned once indirectly in a letter in a pre-broadcast interview. Yet for some reason, people latch onto it like it's all they care about going into this show. Writers, directors, and voice actors make claims about their work all the time in these kinds of interviews. Why haven't none of the other staff been put at gunpoint to prove whatever they say? Because you obviously shouldn't.

I enjoyed this show for what it was. It was thematically more coherent than Charlotte despite its pacing issues and limited runtime.
Dec 26, 2020 11:09 AM
Nov 2016
Looks like Jun Maeda trolled us about this being "saddest anime ever". I'm glad that Hina don't have any regrets. She was able to enjoy everything, before her time as God will over. Her Grandfather able to give her a temporary life & she was able to enjoy it. It's very very good that They made a film & makes her heroine. Hina 's recording video in the end just like Izanami's mom. Goodbye God of omniscience , Thanks for giving her a life she deserves in the end.
8.1/10. It will be best if this series have more episodes , since this series mainly focused on Hina's Journey , Maeda Should have gave her more memories of events.
Dec 26, 2020 11:21 AM
Nov 2017
Was a decent anime. Will probably give it a 7. I think the end was so rushed. Would love an end where he was in the future and they both worked hard to help her come to a "normal" state. He as a research and her doing therapy every day. Was still a nice ride, dropped a tear here and there but was not even close to the saddest anime ever.
Dec 26, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2018
They shouldn't have done that "am I supposed to cry?" tryhard forced drama starting from episode 9 :(

Dec 26, 2020 11:24 AM
Mar 2020
it was bad so bad, they litereally made that guy so pushy though out the end of the series and he became unbearable, and story and consistency of the moments were all over the place, for God's sake this was even worse than the highschool of the dead ending, my day ruined and my dissappointment is unbearbale and out of the bounds, I truly loved this series till episode before filming started, and after that everything was so fucked up, truly a dissppointment,
Dec 26, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
EpicCh33se said:
I wish people would stop with the "saddest anime of all time" plug. From what I can tell, it was only ever mentioned once indirectly in a letter in a pre-broadcast interview. Yet for some reason, people latch onto it like it's all they care about going into this show. Writers, directors, and voice actors make claims about their work all the time in these kinds of interviews. Why haven't none of the other staff been put at gunpoint to prove whatever they say? Because you obviously shouldn't.

I enjoyed this show for what it was. It was thematically more coherent than Charlotte despite its pacing issues and limited runtime.

It is obvious people are using this statement as an excuse to shit on the show.
Dec 26, 2020 11:26 AM

Feb 2020
The bitch came back the very next day
Oh, the bitch came back
Thought she was a goner
But the bitch came back
She couldn't stay away
Don't you know the bitch came back?

it's started very promising but oof what a forced tryhard wannabe drama. Q_Q

sorry i feel nothing for stupid Hina at all.

4/10
Dec 26, 2020 11:33 AM

Apr 2020
This show surprisingly has the same overall plot as Cyberpunk 2077 🤣
Dec 26, 2020 11:35 AM

Apr 2017
This series started very strong and interesting, peaked at ep5, then pacing started to become retarded like his previous works and last few episodes straight up turned it into pure garbage.

Easy 4/10.
Dec 26, 2020 11:37 AM
Nov 2009
This is without a doubt the worst anime I have seen this year. It even makes Rock Climbing Girls look like a masterpiece. So why is this anime such a disappointment?

I can write a whole story about that, but the main thing is that it tried too hard to be funny, and it was just really annoying. Most of the characters added absolutely nothing to the story, which they wasted like 5 episodes on. The whole point of the show is that you are supposed to feel sorry for Hina's fate, but it just falls flat since she's not really a likeable or interesting character.

Episode 5 with Izanami's father was pretty good, which is kinda funny since he's a side-character that never got any screen time beyond that.

Nah, I'll just stick with Maeda's older works tbh.
Dec 26, 2020 11:49 AM

Jun 2017
This was very average and forgettable and just all over the place, I usually rate crap like this a 5 or 6 but it gets a pity 7 for not blatantly killing Hina and a bit above average animation. lmao

BestMillimeter18 said:
This show surprisingly has the same overall plot as Cyberpunk 2077 🤣

Holy shit now that you mention it.. Spot on! I fucking hated the endings but at least Hina doesn't seem to be on a time limit in this one...
Dec 26, 2020 11:54 AM
Dec 26, 2020 11:55 AM
Nov 2019
Finally no more "deaths=sad" shit
Dec 26, 2020 11:59 AM
Apr 2018
I think vn will do a lot better job.the anime is quite hung in a middle of a rope.last ep was there to cover the mess they created in the middle.maybe it can be a good vn or a good movie.not a original anime with 12 ep.really it can be everything but achived nothing.polt is solid must not expressed well enough in 12 ep
Dec 26, 2020 12:06 PM
Jul 2012
Still waiting for a worthy successor of Angel Beats
Dec 26, 2020 12:12 PM

Sep 2020
I'm in tears, but let me say something: it was waaaaaay under my expectations, though it was really beautiful.

Skyzzo said:
Still waiting for a worthy successor of Angel Beats

I think it's impossible.

Speirs09 said:
Finally no more "deaths=sad" shit

I was expecting something like that.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeDec 28, 2020 7:05 AM
Dec 26, 2020 12:13 PM

Aug 2017
Meh, didn't really feel anything for the characters at all. First half with those comedy episodes were fine but again it felt very rushed and unlike in Jun Maeda previous works like Charlotte and Angel Beats I couldn't like most of the characters in this show.

5/10
Dec 26, 2020 12:15 PM
Nov 2009

Nope, haven't seen any of those, but I'll take your word on it.

I've "only" watched 15-20 series this year (including from other years), this one was just the least enjoyable imo. Kanokari was really cringe, but at least it was so bad that it was kinda good in a way, and it was kinda refreshing and enjoyable. But this barely has any redeeming factors, save from Izanami and episode 5.

Also, I completed Madoka Magica before seeing this final episode, which made the contrast even worse.
Dec 26, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2014
That shit got so dumb. Rushed as hell, forced (and very sus) romance, and just way too hard of a dumb overdramatic turn. It's a shame cause I really liked the first half cause of the comedy.

Jun Maeda really needs to stop writing stories like this, he's clearly lost his touch.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Dec 26, 2020 12:28 PM

Apr 2020
The ending sort of felt a bit forced at the end
Other than that it was kind of cliche to see this type of ending
7/10 from me, Maeda Jun isn't as good as he used to be but being a writer must be hard to try to make all your works appeal to everyone
Dec 26, 2020 12:37 PM
Nov 2020
Idc what people sayin about this masterpiece..for me its 8/10..I know its too rushed but people need to appreciated Jun Maeda’s masterpiece..Last episode got me teared up ngl..It was a fun ride..I legit thought that this anime gonna end up like Your Life in April or Anohana but when I saw that this anime end up with bittersweet ending..I was so happy and nearly punched my wall..This is truly masterpiece Thank You Jun Maeda for this masterpiece and Thank you for not getting me depressed for the next year...Sorry for my bad english btw..麻枝准ありがとう (Thank You Jun Maeda)
Dec 26, 2020 12:38 PM

Apr 2019

(my face throughout the whole episode)

Just finished watching, currently lost for words man, crying real tears, this is quite possibly, quite literally, sincerely, one of the worst anime I have ever watched. My ears and eyes are dripping with blood, currently on my way to the emergency room on Boxing Day... Okay not really, but this was pretty bad... Couldn't stop myself from laughing or cringing at the pseudo-dramatic or pseudo-deep moments...

Dec 26, 2020 12:41 PM

Sep 2020
Ok.
Though Kamisama was rushed, I think I've noticed the message behind it.

Create good memories.
Know you are creating good memories.
Understand the things you passed through.

... last but no least: good things don't deserved to be rushed the way this anime did

I really appreciate these subtle spots.
Like I said in another post: there're things people get touched by due to past experiences or memories.
niko_sbDec 26, 2020 12:44 PM
Dec 26, 2020 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
Big yikes from this series, Jun. What an absolute disaster. Even Charlotte was better and that's saying something. Only Angel Beats was a "good" original despite its episode count. All these other originals have been absolute dog shit. And back from when I rated AB, compared to now, it's really not that hard to surpass it.
TyrelDec 26, 2020 12:50 PM
Dec 26, 2020 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
The only good things of this anime were the character design of Hina and one or two comedy segments, everything else was pretty bland.
Dec 26, 2020 1:00 PM

Apr 2020
The anime as a whole, I am disappointed.
Because it’s trying to be a sad anime
But it is not sad at all

Maeda Jun made some very gorgeous anime before,
like I cried so hard when I watched Clannad After Story

But this is definitely the worse anime that he made.

So yeah
not a fan of this anime that he made
5/10
Nina supporter for life💕

Jul 2015
Well, it wasn't Angel Beats level, but they didn't squished whole arc worth of content into one episode and conclusion was somehow satisfying.

ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
"The Day You Choose"...

Ngl I kinda liked this episode.
I saw a few things coming and some of those came true—namely Yota being forced out and Hina watches him and runs over to go with him. The scene looks good, major props to P.A. Works for making it look good, though I can't say I really felt something. Nice to see Hina reuniting with everyone and finishing Sora's movie though. As expected, the movie had some parallels with the actual show's story, and the very first lines of the show are reincorporated as some behind-the-scenes footage requested by Hina. The whole episode looks really nice, it's nice to see Hina within a supportive community despite her condition, and I'm surprised that the show didn't try and kill off Hina. But some parts of it feel quite underwhelming, and then after the movie the show just... abruptly ends. Just like that, just as abrupt as that sentence's end. Nice to hear Takaramono ni Natta Hi as the ED again though.

Now... as for Kamisama ni Natta Hi as a whole...

It was a bit difficult deciding on what rating to give this show. The whole show looks really nice, that one Google Images background aside, and the music is pretty great, with a few stand-out piano scores and some nice choices for the OP and EDs. The comedy can be hit-or-miss, but I did laugh a few times and that one line from Hina is probably still a highlight just for how weird that whole situation was. Is this show the worst anime of all time as some believe? For me, no. But it is certainly not "the most saddest anime of all time" as Maeda wanted it to be.
I really don't want to compare it to his past work so much, but this show does seem like the weakest of the Key-P.A. Works collaboration trio. It does not hit the feels as effectively than Charlotte (which may or may not be saying much), and is certainly nowhere near the level of Angel Beats. The characters are not as memorable as either show, with practically all of the cast other the main leads lacking any true character, beyond just being there and whatever brief development they got in the episodes where they're barely the star of the show. Some things like certain plot elements and maybe the way the show uses insert songs were executed in a way that I could tell was done to get the audience to tear up; this execution feels somewhat more manipulative than the previous two shows, and once you realize that, you don't really find yourself getting much of the intended reaction if at all. It doesn't help that some of the story felt pretty clichéd by this point either, and I feel like I have more thoughts on what this show could have been than I did with Charlotte... or even Angel Beats, a show I loved so much that I wish it had gotten the 2-cour runtime it deserves and was supposed to have gotten, and often wonder what could have happened to have its runtime cut short.

I really did have some fun with Kamisama ni Natta Hi and was really hoping it would be decent. I do not hate it, but I felt like I was really only following this show to the end just to finish something for once and not because I was actually invested into it. I couldn't decide between a 5 or a 6, so I decided to consult my anime list's ratings and see where this show would fit in my opinion. I don't feel like I would feel like revisiting it in the future like the aformentioned Charlotte or Yuki Yuna is a Hero (funnily enough, this show shares the same director as Angel Beats), as I don't think will be able to remember this show's characters and story as easily as these two. But more character-ful... uh... characters is not necessarily a plus side, as Mirai or AnoHana tried to do this with its characters and I enjoyed those anime way less than this one.

So I guess Kamisama ni Natta Hi gets a 5/10 from me. It's just average.

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

I feel like these comments best describe the kind of feelings I have about this show:
Ashhk said:
They really did a happy ending... they promised a very sad anime it was... not sad at all, or probably sad if you're 13 yeah, at least it was entertaining and liked the colors so 5/10
MegamiRem said:
For a Jun Maeda anime this was underwhelming but hey by no means this was bad. I really liked Hina, she was a fun girl. So it was sad to see her like that. But well wasn't that attached to feel too bad, with more episodes and more build ups this could have been a much better anime.
FMmatron said:
"This wasn't the saddest anime ever" No shit

For what's it's worth, this was a bittersweet finale, heartwarming for how nicely it came together despite pacing issues along the way and sad for uncertain future still lying ahead.

Despite some heavy flaws I liked it well enough overall

7/10
_MushiRock11_ said:
BenDTU said:
I dunno what to give this overall. I think the most positive think I can say about it is “This final episode wasn’t as bad as I was expecting”.

Show had an interesting concept but it felt like it faltered in its execution at just about every conceivable opportunity. The comedy was pretty great but the plot was all but absent until like episode 8 or 9, and by that point it was pretty obvious where things were going.

Also my goodness the romantic angle being pushed despite Hina's condition feels super icky now that we’re done.

They sum it up decently well that I'm not sure if I should still make a review on this show, but hey, let's see if I actually have the motivation for it in the end.

edit 8 hrs later: decided not to bother making a review.
I'd say that @An1meDweeb's review for this show does a pretty good job and sums up some of my experience I guess lol

Chiibi said:
OMG THEY FAKED ME OUT SO HARD. xD

I thought she had died by the end of the movie.

Um....so....

The show is pretty to look at and some of the comedy was really funny. Hina is cute but Suzuki's still my favorite character. The music is lovely...and the shots of Hina hugging Youta in the sunset were really gorgeous

Overall, this is like....a VERY weak version of Air. The story is similar...but it really lacks the things that made Air so good (and so very tragic).

I did enjoy watching it...but I probably wouldn't buy the show.

Definitely missed the mark here, Maeda-san. Please keep making anime; I KNOW you can do better!! :)

Oh my god I had the same thoughts too! Legit thought Hina was gonna get killed off and the whole episode just reminded me of Air... god I should get to rewatching that soon, so underappreciated.
Really hoping Jun Maeda gets well soon and improves on his storytelling career in the future.

EpicCh33se said:

Yeah I agree with @Hrybami that it's starting to get used as some excuse to destroy the show for missed potential. Sure, maybe Maeda shouldn't have said that because it will guarantee some hype that may age like milk, but there are worse anime I have seen. This show was just fine, just average, whatever, I did like the theming stuff in here though too. As said before, I hope Maeda continues to create more anime and improve on storytelling.

Mod Edit: Added image tag.
anime-primeDec 28, 2020 7:10 AM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

173 by stverc »»
May 25, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

166 by stverc »»
May 25, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

227 by stverc »»
May 25, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

168 by stverc »»
May 24, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2020

126 by stverc »»
May 24, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.