Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 20, 2020 4:42 PM
Jun 2017
Didn't feel like a a season ending
Dec 20, 2020 5:02 PM

Nov 2014
I never expected the season to end this way, but I am glad it did. And Mycroft finally making his grand entrance, holy shit, my mind flew out of the window when I realized it was him xD I look forward more of his appearances in the next season. And that person spying on Watson and Sherlock, could that have been...Irene?? I have seen her and know how she looks like, but the eyes kind gave it off for me, who else thinks of that?

Anyhoo, I look forward to the next season, I am glad I watched the PV of this anime and I am glad I finished it ~ I couldn't help it, so I gave this series 10/10.

Edit: I was a bit biased, so I changed it to 9...But my point still stands!
TheOneOfSevenDec 20, 2020 5:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2020 5:15 PM

May 2019
An amazing first cour; contender for AOTS. The anime puts an innovative and morally-grey twist on the age-old cat and mouse detective trope, and creates a unique spin never before seen.

Can't wait to read the manga, 9/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 20, 2020 5:36 PM
Jun 2017
SHERLOCK VS MORIATRY!!! Love this one as both are great detectives but has different ways of solving a crime...

well i hope this will have a 2nd season... love this one
Dec 20, 2020 6:05 PM

Nov 2015
who is that Mycroft Holmes at the end?
for a while I thought it's some kind of a scene from the future and that he was Sherlock.
Dec 20, 2020 7:03 PM

Jul 2020
Can't wait for the second cour. First cour was a solid 7/10. Seems like there is a third party in the story that both Moriarty and Holmes don't know about. Excited for this one!

I accept random friend requests!
Dec 20, 2020 7:28 PM
Dec 2020
Awesome. I like the end of this episode, the conclution was great. I also in love with the characters style, handsome,cool argh and so many other good things. Cannot wait for the next season
Dec 20, 2020 7:42 PM
Aug 2020
So I've been watching the anime since last month and it is really good. Also Moriarty reminds me of Makishima Shogo in Psycho Pass, they are quite similar... I think. next year , still gonna watch this great anime.
Dec 20, 2020 8:35 PM

Sep 2010
I'm wondering how are they going to jump to Irene Adler arc if they have IP issues and without establishing the MI6. Albert by this point in the manga works for Mycroft Holmes and the Queen as "M." Yeah, that "M." There are also James Bond characters here.
Dec 20, 2020 10:13 PM
Aug 2016
A fitting episode as season 1 finale. More than the crime I like the psychological aspect of it. The direction of Holmes and Moriarty's thinking. Now that Mycroft has entered the scene we can expect more thrilling episodes. Glad that the s2 is coming in spring 21.
Dec 20, 2020 10:17 PM
Nov 2018
Decent show. Hilariously yaoi bait.
Dec 20, 2020 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
Mycroft Holmes has entered the scene......

I wonder if the elder brother is more intelligent than Sherlock?
Dec 20, 2020 11:42 PM

Oct 2016
It was interesting to see Moriarty and Sherlock investigate though, I think both of them are just as intelligent as each other but, their methods are different because Moriarty is willing to dirty his hands to get the solution so, I guess he has the upper hand.

Mycroft enters the story, I wonder how will he affect Sherlock or Moriarty.

Great final episode for this season, looking forward to the 2nd season.

Dec 21, 2020 12:16 AM
Jul 2019
it was satisfactory for the final. See you in the second season.
Dec 21, 2020 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
Ahri-is-cute said:
who is that Mycroft Holmes at the end?
for a while I thought it's some kind of a scene from the future and that he was Sherlock.

Sherlocks Brother.

Plays a big role in the original stories.
Dec 21, 2020 6:26 AM

Mar 2018
Amazing episode!
I like the hall episode, and especially when Mycroft Holmes appeared.
Can't wait for part 2.
Dec 21, 2020 6:30 AM
Apr 2019
we got to see how william and sherlock went about solving the case in their different ways, while sherlock always abides by the rules, william will take any means necessary to achieve the same objective- such beautiful display of that. cannot wait for season 2!!
Dec 21, 2020 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
It's always thrilling to watch two geniuses at work in their profession . I prefer Moriarty's methods more than Sherlock's because sometimes , a person needs to get his hands dirty ( sometimes literal in Moriarty's case ) to solve the problem and the great thing is that Moriarty's doesn't really mind doing that which is a great trait of his character IMO .

Really thrilled for second part !
Dec 21, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
A quick rewatch the other day, and it was way better than I remembered.

7.5/10

Besides the whole dumb fujoshi bait shit people were yapping about, I found the character interactions quite fun even if the cases themselves weren't necessarily strong by themselves.
Hope the second cour is even better.
Dec 21, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Great finale, the different ways that the two went about solving the case was very interesting and fun to watch. Sherlock solved it in a more typical and straightforward way, where he used the surrounding evidence to narrow down to the culprit. Moriarty solved it in a more psychological and unconventional way and sneakily planted his own evidence to make sure the culprit couldn't get away. It really highlights how much of a genius they both are, yet Moriarty may be one step ahead of Sherlock since he is willing to use any dirty method to get what he wants. And Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, has entered the scene! Exciting stuff.

Overall, this was a great series, a 7.5/10. I wasn't too invested in the beginning and some of the cases weren't very interesting, but once Sherlock appeared to shake things up, the show became much more enjoyable. Love Sherlock and Moriarty's rivalry. Judging by the way this story is going, I'm sure I'd love the second season even more and I'm very much looking forward to it!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 21, 2020 3:22 PM
Mar 2019
ok why didn't the killer point out Moriarty for touching his glasses earlier
I love K-On, and so should you.

Dec 21, 2020 6:03 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very nice series with an intellectual flavor throughout. Things that were great:
1. The artwork was so nicely detailed each episode
2. The characters were fleshed out well so that the major ones had personality to them
3. The mysteries were not completely stupid but had a bit of imagination to them
I would definitely watch the second season of this series. 8/10
Dec 21, 2020 9:40 PM

Aug 2015
I wish these cases lasted longer. They always wrap up so fast.

Mycroft and the queen giving me major Black Butler vibes.
Dec 22, 2020 9:27 AM

Mar 2017
This might be one of the best Sherlock Holmes re-telling I've ever seen It's been a real treat to see things from Moriarty's perspective and to see him and Sherlock together in a way they never were in the books.

The idea of Moriarty's crime consultation business being a family business is also awesome and I like the motivation they've given him - wanting to make an equal society. Makes him likeable, relatable and somewhat of an anti-hero.

I can't wait for Season 2 cause it looks like we'll see Irene Adler and Mycroft has entered the stage! The game is afoot! (couldn't help myself, sorry...)
Dec 22, 2020 4:31 PM
Aug 2012
Hidden gem of the season. There is an episode 12 preview, we'll get more episodes?
Dec 22, 2020 7:04 PM
Apr 2020
Louis is mad at Sherlock for being too familiar with his brother and for calling William "Liam," bro-con lol

I must say, William is really fond of Sherlock. He chose Sherlock to be the hero, and actually doing extra measures for it to happen, like putting his own blood in the train crews' clothing and accessories.

Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, is here. He's the serving The Queen so I'm curious about the role he's going to play. This first season is really great, every episode is an experience. Looking forward to the 2nd season.

Dec 22, 2020 9:35 PM
Mar 2015
Worst Homes since Sherlock Hound
Dec 23, 2020 12:26 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It was a good season finale!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2020 3:39 AM
Oct 2020
Moriarty is badass as always. Can't wait for the second cour...
Dec 24, 2020 3:42 PM

Jul 2017
This show was absolutely fantastic. Nostalgia strikes hard with the Sherlock Holmes themed story, this time more from the point of view of Moriarty the badass Patriot. As we all know, Sherlock Holmes was a pool of thriller entertainment back in the day with all the intriguing cases and complex characters, and this anime was not far from that reality in the least. Moriarty is a genius, the reasons that make him do what he does are completely plausible and make sense, and the battle of intelects between him and Sherlock are just quite the joy to witness!!

8/10 bring on the 2nd season!
Dec 25, 2020 9:24 PM

Sep 2019
Very interesting first half, hope it keeps getting better in the second half.
Dec 25, 2020 9:35 PM

Mar 2009
Mycroft is badass. What the hell?

Good show. One of my favorites of the season. Would've liked less focus on Sherlock these last couple of episodes, as I thought this was Moriarty's story, but I guess we'll see what they do in the next cour. Especially now with Mycroft's entrance.
Dec 26, 2020 8:53 AM

Jul 2019
Sherlock and Moriarty are good characters as everyone should expect. Moriarty does have an interesting goal he wants to achieve. But they fail the basics of a detective story. Too much telling and creates 0% curiousity for me atleast. Its not the point of the show (solving cases) but for a show with a lot of monologues of the smartasses deducting a case its also a bit of a hindrance. This will drag out till the end. I'll give it a 7/10 simply because of the idea of Moriarty's character and aristocracy. The execution of that however is repetitive and follows the same pattern. They shown this episodicallly 3-4 times as if we don't understand already. Yes we get it, the nobles aren't the brightest. Overall its enjoyable at times especially episode 5 that was my favourite. Although I'm not too interested in continuing it as it'll probably dwell on whats already written in the synopsis and end it with a cliché ending of an antihero story.
leevDec 26, 2020 9:30 AM
Dec 26, 2020 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely got better as all the classic characters got introduced, 6.5/10 up until the boat case, 9/10 for the rest of the way. 8/10 overall.
Dec 26, 2020 10:35 PM

Sep 2020
super excited for the next part
this episode literally left me on the edge of my seat
Dec 28, 2020 12:30 AM

Dec 2016
This game was fun to watch. Moriarty was one foot ahead of Sherlock XD

I was even answering the questions before Luis answered ≧∇≦

I thought there would be episode 12 but it turned out this was the last episode, can't wait for the second part.
Dec 28, 2020 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
Nishant_ said:
I wonder if the elder brother is more intelligent than Sherlock?

I think this is one of the biggest debate in Sherlock fandom, because each brother have different answer. Probably only bigger debate is 3rd brother in Holmes family.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.182/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.99/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 28, 2020 4:56 PM

Oct 2011
Was a bit sceptical when i started but i really enjoyed it overal. i especially liked the mystery, intro music and the characters. it will get a 8/10 from me. and will definitely watch the second half next year.
Dec 28, 2020 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
10/10!! A masterpiece, my favorite series this season. Nothing else even came close to it.

However, there were two things that disappointed me. First, that it was too short!! :( And second, that the eldest brother, Albert, didn't get much screen time. Even the youngest got more screen time than him. While the series focus is Louis, still Albert is listed as a 'main character', so he should have been around more.

Since it's getting a second season, then that's awesome. And hopefully we will see the eldest brother take a more active role in future cases. ^^

Dec 31, 2020 1:40 PM

Jul 2008
Lily_Anna_R16 said:
STILL VERY MAD AT HOW UNDERRATED THIS SHOW ENDED UP BEING!!! Alsoo MYCROSOFT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I RECOGNIZE HIMMMMM

@Lily_Anna_R16

The problem with this series is that while one is expecting the ups and downs of Moriarty, we ended with a plain Moriarty and the ups and downs of Sherlock (again).
My candies:
Jan 1, 2021 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
AWESOME episode!
both have different methods of solving the case but still these two are on the same league of their own! a true absolute rivalry!
will wait for S2 on April 2021.
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 8, 2021 6:05 AM

Mar 2016
This was a BANGER! Moriarty works with lawless methods whereas Holmes works within the law. Also, they introduced Mycroft....... BOI!
Jan 11, 2021 12:07 AM
Aug 2018
The season started mediocre but it got much more interesting in the 2nd half: looking forward to season 2 now.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Aug 2015
This is really bad. The author had the oportunity to work with the white canvas that is the past of one of the greatest characters of Conan Doyle, James Moriarty, but instead he bastardized the stories of Sherlock Holmes, making the characters mediocre and the adaptation of the stories lame.
Jan 19, 2021 8:33 PM

Sep 2018
Did he just assumed that Moriarty can do investigation like him? He knows that he's a math professor. 
Jan 23, 2021 2:36 AM

Jul 2019
What Moriarty did really took me by surprise, his characterization was amazing even if I've already seen similar characters before.

While I'm not terribly excited about the character of Sherlock, I think he will grow a lot throughout the series. I'm excited to see it and their dynamic, however, is good already.

I liked every episode and was surprised to find out that the premiere was an anime original!
Jan 23, 2021 1:24 PM

Oct 2015
It felt weird to end your Moriarty show on a narrative mostly revolving around Holmes. In fact, I would say that the whole series was oddly inconsistent: it went from ' straight-up revenge plots' to 'a tiwst-untwist narrative' to finally your anime-take on some 'Holmes / Watson shenanigans', once the sleuth in question was properly introduced into the show. It seems like the writer(s) hardly knew what to do with the setup of the pilot episode.

Which is a shame since the premise is pretty intriguing in and of itself: the apocryphyal Holmesian series focusing on the Moriarty household (and not just Moriarty himself) are hardly common, if they are any really. Yet, the 'Moriarty-brothers-chronicling' felt extremely underwhelming, lacklustre even: the brothers were mere supporting characters, constantly reminding the audience how 'ambitious', 'intelligent', and 'tormented' this 'Napoleon of Crime' truly is. Needless to say, the premise appeared underdevelopped. It might be better in latest chapters of the manga - or even in the manga as a whole, but that does not really matter while discussing this first season.

The themes were also never really built upon - not properly to say the very least. Writing about 'discrimination', 'class divisions', 'patriarchal society' feels right at home within the framework of a Sherlock Holmes adaptation. The problem is that they are tackled with all the grace of a drunken mastodon: aristocrats are all cartoonishly evil. So comically to the point that any moral ambiguity the show could have commented on died immediatly. It was nearly impossible for me to take seriously their actions, because no proper reason was given to them. Being evil for the sake of it does not make for a compelling narrative: on the contrary it makes your show very 'juvenile' as a result. Some part felt like they were written by a year 11 student, with no detailed knowledge on what it was really to live during that time, just some general ideas here and there.

Thus, 'mediocre' is probably the ideal synonym to this 'first part' as a whole. It was not downright terrible: again, the concept is interesting, and could be very well dwelt upon in the future. All the episodes are well paced, some are even decently entertaining in spite of all of their flaws. However, "decently entertaining" does not always equal "good" or "decent", in this case it really does not. Disappointingly mediocre for sure, one can only hope that season 2 / part 2 would be better.
Jan 26, 2021 8:09 PM

Sep 2019
That was surprisingly delightful. Honestly, my expectation bar wasn't set too high, but this one proved me wrong. Thought that Holmes was going to be put in a bad light and made the antagonist, but no, that didn't happen.

Instead, we get a third party that'll probably be at the centre for the two sides in the next part. A shame it was split up as others said, but as someone who has drifted to the "wait till it's all out" party in recent times, I don't mind the wait. It gives me more time to slap down some other series I've built up on the list.

Hoping that the cases and villains get more complicated too. Either way, the series got me invested.
Funny thing, I've actually never experienced any Holmes stories with Mycroft, so that should be fun to see.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 26, 2021 11:51 PM

Aug 2017
Well Moriarty definitely quickened the process of cornering the murderer...
Though I would've loved to see how Sherlock would solve this case without Moriarty interfering..

The Second part will be amazing with Mycroft entering the scene!!

Feb 6, 2021 7:19 PM

Nov 2019
Nice to see a Sherlock adaptation from the criminal perspective. Even better that it's competently made.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2020

120 by RaizelSandress »»
Sep 17, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2020

105 by RaizelSandress »»
Sep 17, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Wolfie8338 - Oct 3, 2020

157 by vinnywizanime »»
Jul 28, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2020

95 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 22, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2020

99 by ReganDesu »»
Jan 18, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.