Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2017
I'd really like it if Nanao turns out to actually be dead. I'd love to see Nana pick off the students one by one until she finally gets caught, probably by Kyouya. Unfortunately I doubt that's going to be the premise, but I have to hope.
Oct 4, 2020 3:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i was like, oh look, its Touma's little brot.... well shit... i definitely DID NOT see that coming, even with the tags lmao
Oct 4, 2020 3:15 PM
Apr 2020
Ryuseishun said:
ayaan692 said:

how did you predict it? what gave it away?
the hints were really subtle as to "an enemy of humanity could be already in the island" but other than that they hide it really well.
the visuals werent that bad either

you sure you just dont want to hate on it buddey?

“Are you sure you just don’t want to hate on it?”

Ummm, no. But I’m not confiding myself to low standards especially with shows like this. The signs were there in plain sight to where it reminded me of Assassination Classroom and how a number of characters had a sort of other side to it. Another and Happy Sugar Life had that similar early alarm and atmosphere.

The visuals weren’t horrendous but it’s barely avg in terms of quality.

yeah and im asking you what signs you saw that suggested that? why are you dodging the question?
you cant honestly say that the reveal was predictable thats bs and you know it
someone who gave higschool dxd an 8 shouldnt have that high standards lol.
Oct 4, 2020 3:21 PM
Nov 2019
If Nakajima is actually dead does he really count as a main character?
Oct 4, 2020 3:31 PM

Mar 2016
ayaan692 said:
Ryuseishun said:

“Are you sure you just don’t want to hate on it?”

Ummm, no. But I’m not confiding myself to low standards especially with shows like this. The signs were there in plain sight to where it reminded me of Assassination Classroom and how a number of characters had a sort of other side to it. Another and Happy Sugar Life had that similar early alarm and atmosphere.

The visuals weren’t horrendous but it’s barely avg in terms of quality.

yeah and im asking you what signs you saw that suggested that? why are you dodging the question?

Huh? I thought I answered the question. I guess I was misinterpreted. Idk why DxD was brought up, though thanks for reminding me cause I forgot to update it. I’m not sure why you say not enough people should not be able to see it coming. At very least you should sense the twist incoming in timely fashion even if you’re not sure what will happen exactly. The atmosphere literally screams some twisted shit is gonna happen and unless if you’re a novice, I don’t see how one doesn’t see that coming. But you know what? Perhaps not everyone was able to see it coming. Perhaps they think the seemingly happy-go-lucky main heroine is as they think she is.

I don’t want to be at odds here because I simply have a completely different impression and all I did was share my brief thoughts on this thread, though perhaps I was too blunt and brought up the ToG case as a bad comparative example.
Oct 4, 2020 3:40 PM
Apr 2020
Ryuseishun said:
ayaan692 said:

Huh? I thought I answered the question. I guess I was misinterpreted. Idk why DxD was brought up, though thanks for reminding me cause I forgot to update it. I’m not sure why you say not enough people should not be able to see it coming. At very least you should sense the twist incoming in timely fashion even if you’re not sure what will happen exactly. The atmosphere literally screams some twisted shit is gonna happen and unless if you’re a novice, I don’t see how one doesn’t see that coming. But you know what? Perhaps not everyone was able to see it coming. Perhaps they think the seemingly happy-go-lucky main heroine is as they think she is.

I don’t want to be at odds here because I simply have a completely different impression and all I did was share my brief thoughts on this thread, though perhaps I was too blunt and brought up the ToG case as a bad comparative example.

no you didnt answered the question at all
so you didnt even need hints to guess she will betray him but just guessed it from the atmosphere?
i watched over 500 anime so i would surely not call myself a noob
but there are soo many situations where the bubbly mc girl stays like this for the whole series and there was no indication that it would be different here either
in my happy sweet sugar life there was this eearie voice acting and some very big hints already indicating how fucked up the mc is going to be unlike here.
i brought dxd up because you were talking about having high standards and still rated a generic fanservice series with an 8.
kina hypocritical dont you think?
Oct 4, 2020 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
It's all around below average minus the twist at the end. The dialogue felt really slow and the underwhelming soundtrack only made it less tolerable. This is gonna come down to how interesting they can make Nana's mind game.
Oct 4, 2020 4:56 PM

Oct 2010
the title spoiled the surprise and the direction was kinda weird and jumpy. still interesting tho

28012001 said:
But this is amongst the biggest anime plot twist in decades.

LMAO wut? Along with the title giving it away, she explained exactly why anyone that paid attention knew what was gonna happen from the start. It was barely a twist.
KougeruOct 4, 2020 4:59 PM
Oct 4, 2020 5:07 PM

May 2010
What a twist! D= So, Nanao can neutralize powers and probably can even travel back in time. This anime looks promising.
Oct 4, 2020 5:16 PM

Oct 2020
gennosuke6 said:
What a twist! D= So, Nanao can neutralize powers and probably can even travel back in time. This anime looks promising.

He's probably dead for keeps.
Fake mc.
Subverting expectations and all that.
Oct 4, 2020 5:59 PM

Jun 2017
phantomfandom said:
My first two guess of enemies are that pink hair girl and teacher, now I only suspect the teacher since pink hair girl already reveal herself. In fact I also think the scenario of every students are enemies and government bring them together so that they can kill each other.

The biggest problem is the anime name though, why Talentless Nana when he's reveal to have talent in the first episode, and possibly even more talent...

That's the twist, Nana is the actual main main MC, Nanao is just a secondary MC. The way I see it is that Nana has legit no powers, she is just very smart and faked the whole mind reading thing hence her explaining stuff after pushing Nanao off the cliff.
Oct 4, 2020 6:47 PM

Jan 2008
It's a good thing the title of the show didn't spoil anything. /sarcasm

I probably would have dropped the show if she didn't reveal herself by the end of the episode because it was quite a bore.

I don't think I've ever had any issues with people shouting out their attacks but the guy shouting out 'Final Fire' was pretty cringey.
Oct 4, 2020 6:51 PM
Jan 2018
"I just thought it was some kind of weird Boku no Hero but then I watched the first episode and was like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK?"
Oct 4, 2020 7:22 PM
Apr 2016
Welp, that was unexpected.
Oct 4, 2020 7:28 PM

Mar 2010
What the flying F? Did he really die? I feel betrayed already = =
Oct 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Jun 2020
lmao she pulled a rachel

pacing was a bit fast imo but im curious to see where the story is gonna go
Oct 4, 2020 9:35 PM
May 2010
Davr said:
It was quite predictable, but I like how it played out; it was executed well. I think there’s some potential here. Setting seemed like a watered down MHA. MC is your standard likeable person, but he’s already got more depth than a lot of other MCs I’ve seen this season. Art and OST were okay. I’ll keep watching.

"Depth", huh? Nice pun, even if unintentional. ROFL
Oct 4, 2020 9:48 PM
Sep 2020
Uma plot twis,logo no final do EP por essa eu não esperava,o anime saiu de um clima feliz pra um bem dark de uma hora para outra.
Espero muito desse anime.
Oct 4, 2020 11:58 PM
Apr 2020
i was sus of the girl at first and saw how nice she was which made me lower my guard (一。一;;)i wonder if the guy died or not 0-0
Oct 5, 2020 12:11 AM

Mar 2014
Davr said:
MC is your standard likeable person, but he’s already got more depth than a lot of other MCs I’ve seen this season.

He's not the MC, dude was a decoy to bait on the watchers.

Nana is protag. Evil protag.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 5, 2020 12:37 AM
Feb 2008
ohhhh, i see potential... Unfortunatly the thumb for the episode was the "psycho face" of the pinky girl, so i wasnt' surprised by the plot twist at the end, however, i liked that idea of the class being the enemy of humanity and not knowing it... or even that simple idea of the enemy being one of them and killing them one by one...

However, i don't think the MC is dead just yet...
Oct 5, 2020 1:09 AM

Oct 2009
Among Us, the anime.
Oct 5, 2020 1:40 AM

May 2012
That one of the best 1st episode

I love the plot twist at the end

Oct 5, 2020 2:17 AM
May 2020
2 cours or rush episode?
Oct 5, 2020 4:57 AM

Jun 2019
The Among Us imposter Nana.
Kill Count: 1 Million+
Oct 5, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2018
I watched this without reading what's it about. That end surprised me!

Guess he wasn't the impostor haha
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 5, 2020 5:47 AM

Mar 2016
Did this anime just pull a fake out with Nana being the main protag instead of watch guy? Also, I can't understand one thing and that is what was that gust of wind that seemingly pushed her? And why was she happy and not sad when ice dude won or was it just an act? However, this be the 2nd anime that pulled a DXD on me 🤣
Oct 5, 2020 7:28 AM
Dec 2019
I knew it will be like Danganronpa or like the ones within. Totally got the vibe of Enoshima Junko omg!! I'm so excited rn. Gotta watch this show till the end ಠ‿ಠ
Oct 5, 2020 7:57 AM
Feb 2020
NANANNANANAAN CHAN
Oct 5, 2020 9:31 AM

Nov 2015
28012001 said:
ttcchen said:
so he's not dead??

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
wait what? i read up to chapter 40 where the hell is chapter 47
You cannot spell Light without L
Oct 5, 2020 9:33 AM

Mar 2012
Kind of reminds me of Danganronpa. Wasn't expecting that twist in the end, this seems interesting.
Oct 5, 2020 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
My pink hair bitches death list:

1. Inca (Fire Force)
2. Bitch (This anime)
Oct 5, 2020 9:55 AM

Mar 2010
Okay so my fiirst 5 minute expressions:

They made Kacchan ugly fire user
They merged Aoyama and Todoroki to some fancy ice boy
Midoriya is Midoriya but without actual powers
Ochako is pink and can read minds
Todoroki is branched : his fire power was given to ugly Kacchan and his initial personality was transferred to the new guy

If i had not read that what happens in the end of the episode i probably would have dropped it.

Right now it kind of gives a 'meh' feeling for me. If she values those power users as 'enemy' wouldn't a power canceller be perfect ally? Slightly retarded logic here.

Though i'm not curious will the story revolve around Nana killing people. Perhaps that, would be amusing.
Oct 5, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
This was quite the surprise, I honestly didn't expect that turn of events at the end there... That's one crazy girl..

I wonder what this series can give me, it looks promising!
Oct 5, 2020 11:17 AM

Jan 2011
uhh that was not what i was expecting the visual art for the manga was already kinda sus with the pink blood splats and seeing a few people talk about something already lead me to believe something was up with this strange setting not to mention how much they pointed out how basic and dull the fake MC was , was funny though when they went back to the cliff i was like there ant no way someones gonna fall again right? but she went back to same spot that was broken very much a bruh moment

still this is almost the same plot of the final arc of Danganronpa/anime lol

right now all has going is it looks kinda alright and had a twist so curious to see if it can keep it up with whatever plot it's trying to go for
Oct 5, 2020 11:44 AM

Mar 2017
Well damn... thought this was gonna be a cute anime with Assassination Classroom kinda vibes... but that ending shooketh me! Guess this is actually gonna be a pretty dark anime and I am ready for it!
Oct 5, 2020 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
I spent most of this episode thinking this was as generic as hell, even predicting the MC's special ability right before he used it, and I was just about ready to drop it on the first episode.

Then that twist happened and now I have to see more.
Oct 5, 2020 2:57 PM

Jan 2017
So Boku no Among Us?

And of course, Pink is the Impostor, she was sus from the start!

Nothing revolutionary in this first EP but let's wait a few weeks how this will develop.
Oct 5, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2020
if deku didnt have plot armour, this is more or less how MHA would have ended

Clint_Thomas said:
pink hair psycho

its obvious she has reasons for doing so. considering how millions of people are saved every time she kills one of the superheroes, and she calls them enemies of humanity.

since ep2 is gonna be called time traveller, I speculate we have some shinsekai yori situation where she came from the future where people with superpowers abuse those without and she's trying to prevent it.

Dudi4PoLFr said:
So Boku no Among Us?

And of course, Pink is the Impostor, she was sus from the start!

Nothing revolutionary in this first EP but let's wait a few weeks how this will develop.

I think impostor is yet someone else, and she has her own different reasons for doing this
Oct 5, 2020 3:58 PM

Jan 2016
Mostly a competent but not noteworthy episode..... until the last couple minutes. While I could complain about the monologue being overly long, that was the sort of hook that definitely has me curious to see where it's going. I love how it used some overly cliche elements but not to the point of parody to feel like your standard story until the last second twist. Definitely will see where this goes next week, glad I decided to actually try this out
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 5, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
Since she seems to be a master manipulator, why didn't she just manipulate the watch guy into being her ally? She could've easily played into his insecurities.

His ability would've been useful in eliminating the rest. Instead of getting rid of him first, she should have eliminated him last.

For someone who is supposed to be smart; she really didn't think that through, lmao.
Oct 5, 2020 4:57 PM
Apr 2020
Bronos23 said:
28012001 said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
wait what? i read up to chapter 40 where the hell is chapter 47

Crunchyroll. And twist after twist appear after 40.
Oct 5, 2020 4:58 PM

Dec 2016
Sh*tttt... they really pulled Ned Stark (Game of Thrones) twist and in just first episode!!
I truly believed that Nana and Nanao will be MCs of this series. xD
I need more!!
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.100/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.172/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.92/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.68/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.57/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 5, 2020 5:28 PM
Dec 2015
Shirayukin said:
Already knew about Nana since I was spoiled before getting into this. Wonder if Nanao is going to appear again?? He's not on the ending scene of the theme song.. even though he's on the promotional poster (but this could be a bait?). Wonder how Nana will go on with her plans if Nanao comes back to class though.
the promotional post and poster was just bait as you said bait his kicked and kicked hard
Oct 5, 2020 6:37 PM
Apr 2020
spectrojan said:
Lmao loved the way they showed the twist with the leaves, I was NOT expecting that. I doubt he's dead cuz isn't he like a main character

nana the pink haired girl is the actual mc
Oct 5, 2020 6:44 PM
Apr 2020
-Mae- said:
Since she seems to be a master manipulator, why didn't she just manipulate the watch guy into being her ally? She could've easily played into his insecurities.

His ability would've been useful in eliminating the rest. Instead of getting rid of him first, she should have eliminated him last.

For someone who is supposed to be smart; she really didn't think that through, lmao.

didnt you paid attention?
she said that watch guy was about to become the enemys commander
and she killed him for the sake of humanity. she dosent want to eliminate the rest
only the ones who are a danger to humanity
Oct 5, 2020 6:58 PM

Jun 2020
Seems pretty generic, it started as a bnha stereotype and then added the 'enemies of humanity' stereotype and
But the part when it was done was kinda surprising. Well, if she's the main protagonist it's going to suck. Cause like, how will I like a show if I don't agree with the main protagonist. Started fine, but if
and that nana girl becomes the protagonist, it's just really average.

5.4/10 or just 5 so far. I hope she doesn't become the main protagonist and I hope this doesn't suck.

Edit: The spoilers are the first episode spoilers.

Oct 5, 2020 7:10 PM
Jul 2020
All I wanna know is if that dude is dead or not
Oct 5, 2020 7:11 PM
Jul 2020
Monkey_Business said:
Seems pretty generic, it started as a bnha stereotype and then added the 'enemies of humanity' stereotype and
But the part when it was done was kinda surprising. Well, if she's the main protagonist it's going to suck. Cause like, how will I like a show if I don't agree with the main protagonist. Started fine, but if
and that nana girl becomes the protagonist, it's just really average.

5.4/10 or just 5 so far. I hope she doesn't become the main protagonist and I hope this doesn't suck.

Edit: The spoilers are the first episode spoilers.
I totally agree with this.w
Oct 5, 2020 9:38 PM
Oct 2020
i called TALENTLESS NANA in another name is "MY CONSPIRACY ACADEMIA" Written by Rachel (Tower of God), Annie Leonheardt (Attack On Titan), and Light Yagami (Death Note).
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

265 by xXx_BeatMeat_xXx »»
May 8, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

156 by Talamare »»
Jan 11, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.