Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2020 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
Just like with Oregairu, this finale felt very underwhelming. Really sad Souma didn't win the final battle, as I thought that was the last thing that needed to happen for this series to finish.

They really could've ended it with season 4 if Souma beating Erina was never in the cards.

I would've given this a full extra point if they would've played ED1 instead of OP5 for the last big song. I did appreciate the melody version of OP1 at the end though.

I have many mixed emotions. This series is the one I've seen the most episodes of since starting it back in 2015. I am really sad to see it go.

While this season wasn't as good, I will give it a 7/10 just because I love the series as a whole, and I still enjoyed seeing the characters duke it out one last time.

I am really sad though Megumi (one of the best developed characters in anime) was thrown to the side at the very end here.

Thanks Souma, for everything!
Sep 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Aug 2020
As bad and as ridiculous this 5th season was, I just dropped all that and I just enjoyed the ending. It was actually hilarious. Of course when you look at it, why tf did Souma lose??? Im sad that no Erina Souma but ig it's okay since they didn't force it. But you know, it's just heartwarming to see the end of this anime. The journey it took to get here. Its not the tearjerker ending but its the sigh ending. It's that deep sigh.... okay you finished this now what. When's the next season...... oh right.

An OVA series would be good. Or maybe a next gen food wars with their children as the mc? idk just some dumb 3am thoughts.

Thank You Food Wars for this amazing 5 years.

p.s. Seeing Rindou Senpai ughh my heart
dompsterfireSep 25, 2020 11:51 AM
Sep 25, 2020 11:47 AM

Sep 2019
Well i haven’t read the manga but heard them saying the ending was trash. They all hoped for an anime original ending, of course we didn’t gett one. They weren’t lying, the ending really is trash. Anyways thanks for 5 years of Food Wars.
Sep 25, 2020 11:52 AM

Jun 2019
Well, I've mixed feelings about this ending but It's over. For now, I guess. Not super glad by this ending. Nakiri won. Good thing was that Nakiri realizes that she loves Souma. That was the main aspect for me to go further.
I'll say Shokugeki no Souma didn't quite keep up their expectations from these last couple of seasons. Well. Fine for now.
Souma X Nakiri.
Sep 25, 2020 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
this godforsaken series is finally put out of its misery!!
ill be nice and give it a 5/10

series as whole: a fair 7/10 (i rounded down lol) only bc of the first two seasons and the early ovas. definitely will NOT miss the garbage after that
dannymilkSep 25, 2020 11:58 AM
Sep 25, 2020 11:55 AM
Sep 2017
Can someone tell us when or where the author/anime director mentioned the OVA?
Sep 25, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
The ending in manga was better
Sep 25, 2020 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
Shokugeki is finally over, nice finale on the whole. Felt a little rushed since we didn't get to see Erina's cooking in the final against Souma. I assume they were time constrained since they had to cover the entire epilogue.

Nevertheless, I got a little emotional seeing it end too since I've been following the anime ever since it aired 5 years. Erina's cheerful face is always a joy. All the characters making a cameo and the happy ending for the Nakiri family was wholesome.

Overall, Shokugeki was a great series. I think this was the first cooking anime I'd seen so it was fresh and unique to me when it aired. Add in some classic Shounen formula and energy, and you've hit all the notes I want. I enjoyed every season, I know people were very vocal about the decline in quality over the seasons and yes, the first two maybe three seasons was Shokugeki at it's best, but even after it, I still enjoyed it a lot. The character cast is lively, amusing and just all around fun. The foodgams slowly got out of control and even the cooking got too over the top and ridiculous. The story may have gotten a little out of hand with some things coming straight out of the left field but despite it all, it was fun and amusing and at the end of the day, that's all it needs to be . Goes without saying that there has never been a moment where I fail to get hyped when "A Secret Ingredient called Victory" plays. Kinda wish, we heard it in the finale.

8/10 for this season but the series as a whole is 9/10 for me. I'll miss Shokugeki goodness.
Sep 25, 2020 12:15 PM
Dec 2015
So was this ending different than mangas, if so could someone explain what was changed?
Sep 25, 2020 12:19 PM

Jan 2018
Wow what an emotional finale. Shokugeki really has been a wild ride. When I started this show, I never imagined I would love an anime about cooking that much.

The first season is still one of the best first seasons I’ve ever seen and even though the following seasons had some issues, especially when it came to pacing and them cutting scenes from the manga, I absolutely loved every second…and that’s mainly because of the endearing characters and great protagonist. Souma is one of the very few shounen protagonists I actually rooted for every step of the way and him challenging Shinomiya to a Shokugeki at the end of episode 10 is still one of the most epic anime moments I can remember. Takumi, Megumi, Erina, Hayama, Nikumi and Isshiki-senpai…the list goes on and on. I love these characters and man I’ll miss them.

As a side note, I would recommend reading the epilogue chapters, to find out where everyone ends up after graduating. Sadly a few manga scenes where cut from the show again.

Thank you Shokugeki for 5 great years! You will always have a place in my favorites.

ご馳走様でした!
Hayle93Sep 25, 2020 1:14 PM
Sep 25, 2020 12:53 PM
Apr 2018
"This time i'm gonna make you say Delicious."
"Dig in!"
"Glad You like it!"

It's been a fun ride. We have reached the goal.
Like many other fans, i also wish for a OVA about "What happens next in SOUMA's & ERINA's lives?"

Thank You :)
Sep 25, 2020 12:54 PM
Apr 2018
Spookyazzhero said:
So was this ending different than mangas, if so could someone explain what was changed?
Both the Anime ending & the Manga ending are same.
Doutei-kunSep 25, 2020 12:58 PM
Sep 25, 2020 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
Wholesome is how best I can describe it. We got a new level of gifting and a challenge laid down to Erina. I very much enjoyed the latter half of the eps as everyone throught the show came togther to thwart the underground. I guess the icing on the cake was the squid at the ending. Loved it, and Shokugeki no Souma will alwa ys keep a place in my memories.

That aside, when first season was out I was trying to introduce my kid to anime. Some of the clothes exploding off shots were a bit embarrassing as he was only 13, but we went shopping to the super market one day and he picked out his cutting knife and we gathered up tons of ingredients and he replicated one of the recopies in the show. First I thought I had got him hooked on anime and 2nd I thought I was in for sweet meals every day. He never cooked again dammit!

However this show has been running for several years now. My boy who I imagined might become an awesome chef has moved on to do his own thing, and I have been left to witness an awesome close to a story started long ago. God bless the anime gods!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 25, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
When i read the manga i could not believe how bad the things turned on.

The anime is no different, with the exception of the last minutes, both the manga and anime were beautiful.

Goodbye Shokugeki No Soma, i did enjoy it.

This season 4/10

Shokugeki no Soma in general 6/10
DrekaelricSep 25, 2020 1:29 PM
Sep 25, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2017
A nice conclusion to the franchise but that Noir part was weird and out of place. I really hoped we had seen the last of Asahi but here he is again and the new connection between him and Nakiri family is too random and had no build up.

I started this season to laugh at it because I heard how bad it was. But JC staff improved the source material significantly and I ended up enjoying it more than I expected.
Overall 3/5 for this episode and 6/10 for the season. I would have given this a 4/10 if it wasn't for the studio's efforts.
Sep 25, 2020 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
I cringed so hard at this ending, what an awful season.
Sep 25, 2020 1:40 PM

Dec 2015
I liked the final episode. I was hoping to see Mana's reaction when eating Erina's food during the BLUE finals since we got to see her eat Soma's. I think there was a missed opportunity there, instead of cutting that part out. I did like how Erina won at the end of the finals since it was more personal for her than to Soma. I think Soma finally understood what his dad was trying to tell him when he made his dish for both Erina and Mana. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to hear Erina tell Soma that his food was delicious. I am happy that she finally accepted her feelings for Soma after he came back from his trip around the world. Maybe there will be an OVA to help wrap things up. It sucks that Food Wars has finally come to an end.
Sep 25, 2020 1:41 PM

Apr 2018
Overall I liked the ending and how they all went to Yukihera's diner to celebrate after his overseas trip. Was surprised that Erina actually won the Blues competition. Also, I felt like this season was not as good as the last season because it felt really rushed. We didn't see that many dishes and it was mainly focused around Soma and Erina. I would have liked if this season was a bit longer but it's my opinion. Overall I enjoyed this season but if I would rate it I would give this season a 5/10 due to the season being rushed. I felt like they could have gone more in-depth with this season and provided more stories.
Sep 25, 2020 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
The final season of Souma has finally ended and boy it was quite.....something. It looks like they gave a very brief and half-assed explanation regarding Asahi's relation to the Nakiri family, not going into as much detail as the manga. Time constraints will cause that though. I don't recall that in-depth look at how some of our supporting cast shut Noir down, so if that was an original addition it was pretty cool to see.

Overall though, this season was lackluster as expected. Not much you can do about that when the source material you're working with is also subpar in quality. It was great to see this large, quirky, and admittedly lovable cast of characters interact one last time in this episode, but that definitely isn't enough to salvage this season. The Blue arc really should have just been more cooking battles, without the Asahi/Noir shit that made it worse. Farewell, Shokugeki no Souma, you started off delicious, but ended by leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 25, 2020 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
I liked the ending.

Souma winning the match was irrelevant compared to making Erina hope again. Erina admitting to herself that she loves Souma is the most I can expect in shounen anime and is equivalent to wedding and babies in other media.

I'm glad it's done and over. Tosh needs new inspiration.
Sep 25, 2020 1:47 PM
Jul 2020
Bye bye food wars. This was a fun show always had hype.
Sep 25, 2020 1:52 PM
Jan 2019
Shokugeki no Souma just turned into Shokugeki no Erina lol! What a bummer! I remembered the first season of Food Wars while watching the last episode. How good it was back then! Completed the manga long ago and was disappointed af! Idk why authors do this. It sucks!
Sep 25, 2020 1:52 PM

Jan 2018
So the series finally ended, that was a long journey.
Overall i really liked Shokugeki no Soma although the last season was lacking.
I will miss this show.
Sep 25, 2020 1:57 PM

Mar 2019
Well... goodbye Sōma~

6/10 this season
7/10 overall for me.
Sep 25, 2020 1:57 PM
Dec 2016
Many thinks that manga ending was crappy but I think even the manga ending was far better than this!! The non cannon ending part was really disgusting!!
Sep 25, 2020 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
And so ends one of my favorite series of the last few years. Soma has finally found the person to whom to dedicate all his cooking, as his father said, and obviously this could only be Erina. All ended where it started, Soma cooking for Erina, from the Totsuki admission test to the Blue.

I consider this season below to the others. The first and second remain unsurpassed and reach their peak with the Autumn Elections. I will miss them all.

"Osomatsu" motto of the decade.
Sep 25, 2020 2:32 PM
Jul 2019
Well given that this is were Food Wars ends

I'd say "Bon appétit"
Sep 25, 2020 2:42 PM
Oct 2008
I would say a solid 7. Ending was a bit rush but overall it was a enjoyable series
Sep 25, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2009
tcarausu said:
Can someone tell us when or where the author/anime director mentioned the OVA?

There won't be any OVA, they were bundled with volumes of manga, manga ended months ago.
Sep 25, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2015
Happy ending, everyone is smiling and laughing, Tsundere Erina is in love with Souma while the latter is the usual shounen moron character who does not understand anything about romantic relationships

We avoided the incestuous relationship between Asahi and Erina, but I would have been amused if they had decided to go out, I think that would have suited the overall quality of the series. ;-)

Erina has developed her potential and can undress people, great. I am happy. I love Erina, I love tsundere who say "baka" to their lover but I really didn't like anything else. The whole Asahi arc seems to me to have been a waste of time when I realize the Souma-Erina duality was the most interesting thing about this last season.

Bye bye Shokugeki no Souma,
Sep 25, 2020 2:47 PM
Nov 2019
i think that its pretty garbage that he got second place.
12 min into the final ep, got to post this.

Sep 25, 2020 2:47 PM

Mar 2019
So it's over now....Food Wars is one of the very few Shounen animes I ever watched (usually this is not my genre) and I really liked it...
As someone who never read the manga, I really wished for even a sixth season. I know that there are still some arc left so it would be great to have them animated as well.
Anyway definitely enjoyed the whole series and it's happy end!
Sep 25, 2020 2:50 PM

Mar 2017
So Asahi was trying to marry his own sister? Nice. Other than that, I wish Souma won something and there was more SoumaxErina at the end.
Sep 25, 2020 3:03 PM

Jul 2014
What a ridiculous way to end the series, first Erina's gifting being able to blow up the castle and then our group of chefs defeating a group of criminals with the power of their food... I loved it!

It hit me right in the feels to see all the characters we have known came together in the arena to witness the final match :').... That said, how the hell did Erina win?

That "onii sama" was weird af!

It was nice to hear HanaKana again and hear her say baka baka baka... xD

I don't know what to think about this season. On one hand it had interesting things like Erina's mother plot or the different feeling it had from the previous season which made it enjoyable, but then you have Noir and the ending itself that wasn't really satisfying.

Let's see, the two big goals of this series were for Soma to beat Joichiro which didn't happen because a random guy came along and beat him because there had to be a villain... again. And for Erina to say that Soma's food is delicious, which also didn't happen. Like, I loved that Erina said that her heart longed for Soma's and his dishes, but girl, say it out loud, don't keep it to yourself and the audience. Did the author ever think that both expressing their feelings would be a nice way to end the series? smh.

About the series in general, I think it lost its way when it left the school setting to follow the generic villain. The first seasons were great because there were characters that were better than others, but everyone was learning. But at a certain point they went from learning to pull perfect dishes out of their asses. Too much happened and they achieved too much in too little time.

Then you have the secondary characters, who never stopped being secondary characters. A huge cast that in the first seasons were fun to watch but then they disappeared. Hell, I remember that the first tournament was pretty exciting because you didn't know who could advance and you were happy for some and felt sad for others but that feeling never came back. The fact that they were going against villains made it predictable and lost the excitement.

There is also the animation (or lack of it) and how lazy the foodgasms became, but despite all this, it was fun and this series will always have a special place in my heart. The first season was so great for me that it was even my 2015 AOTY :)

Having said all this, I have to say that the biggest disappointment I had with this series is that Risa Taneda never returned to her role as Erina. It's sad to think how before her illness she was everywhere but then she had to lose important roles like Erina or Mash from FGO and now we barely hear her.
Sep 25, 2020 3:54 PM

May 2019
As someone who came here for the food (since this IS a food anime), it's really fucking disappointing not seeing how Erina beat Souma, let alone her dish. All that build-up to get her mother's approval, and we get nothing. It just happens because it wouldn't be a happy ending without it. Everything in the end just felt meritless.

Let me know when the next great food anime arrives.
Sep 25, 2020 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
Megane, Meeeeeganeeeee~~ 👓

In all seriousness it was tasty, rushed and above all else a fun ride. Cool concept.
Sep 25, 2020 4:29 PM
Jan 2020
I appreciate that they put more effort into this arc in the anime in comparison to the manga. Like aside from the ones competing in Blue, none of the other students rwere in the manga past that beach arc. And they actually explained the food more. 7/10 season.
DenickartSep 25, 2020 4:33 PM
Sep 25, 2020 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
so idk if I prefer the manga or this ending

but either way I can accept it.

now i can see fans further plunderering the mal score on here or raising the manga score depending on what ending they prefer

and I wish ppl would stop spreading bs with a movie or ova. its just a recap of seasons 1 thru 4 with the director. the series is done. no .ore.
Sep 25, 2020 5:26 PM

May 2019
Saiba-oniisama is cursed.

Liked the entire series, All 5 seasons were enjoyable however this season was a bit on the low end.
Sep 25, 2020 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Look how low we have fallen. Can't believe this is the same show I looked forward to every week back in 2015. Food Wars, you deserve better than this...
Sep 25, 2020 5:42 PM
May 2017
It's hilarious how there was a palpable backlash to the manga's ending and the anime staff had no desire to perhaps make a better one. Better yet, they cut out the time skip and did essentially the final scene without it.

Sep 25, 2020 7:06 PM
Mar 2014
Damn, what a shame. :( OVA pls
Sep 25, 2020 7:07 PM
Nov 2014
There was an honest-to-God building disrobing in this episode. Just don't want anyone to forget that. Lol
Sep 25, 2020 7:36 PM
Mar 2020
When they say it's gonna be "an original ending", i Saw this coming. It's actually in the manga and TBH i don't like this ending. Feels like it's being force to end plus this last arc ia the most boring arc in this series. I prefer the first two season better than the rest but still good job for JC Staff, the animation was good from the beginning to the end.
Sep 25, 2020 7:41 PM
Nov 2017
Syureria said:
I'll make you say "delicious" after all, I don't like this ending, surprised it might be appropriate to reveal what happened in the last episode.

Is there any information about ova or something? I'm still bothered by this ending.

Well that’s the ending to the source pretty much which is why it was so disliked, most things were just left to your imagination. I still wish it was redone with them getting married but I’ll take anything that shows wrong finally admitting she only wants him and his food. Also I don’t understand why everyone says they got married in the source material bc they didn’t. Soma did inner monologue that he wants to be with her but even the author said he decided not to do a wedding. So did I miss something bc I read the extras
L-Mo-ReppinSep 25, 2020 7:49 PM
Sep 25, 2020 7:43 PM
Jul 2020
definitely the weakest season out of all (noir really makes central looks okay ngl), the entire season felt really rushed (especially this ep), nonetheless, it has been a pretty okay-ish ride and hoping for an OVA later
Sep 25, 2020 7:43 PM
Nov 2017
bastek66 said:
Exactly same garbage ending as manga minus any timeskip scenes, only photo that was final tanpkobon cover. I fucking hate so much this Erina's haircut and next one was even worse.
it would’ve been nice if they put an engagement or wedding ring on her hand at least in the picture
Sep 25, 2020 7:49 PM
Jun 2017
Nice final episode though... But i think this could be better. Anyways thats its for SHOKUGEKI

Overall rating for Final season: 7/10
Sep 25, 2020 8:04 PM

Dec 2016
The ending was too rushed! The Noir development was a huge crap. It was the biggest mistake.

I was speechless the moment it revealed that Asahi is Erina's brother, I mean, seriously?? Who knew it will turn to that?!

I thought Erina would finally reveal her true feelings to Souma this time. My hopes were too high it sank completely! Such disappoinment... at first I disliked them. I couldn't see any connection between those two since the beginning, but as time passes, Erina changed and became very nice over time. Now that this show come to an end, I could tell see she grew up as a person and became less self-centered. I became to like Souma and Erina together as their character development grew <3

This final ark wil stilll be 6/10 from me. The previous seasons are better >->

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 25, 2020 8:13 PM
Nov 2019
Dissapoiting
Where is the original ending??
The only thing that changed from manga is that the last scene wasn't after 6 months, so soma wasn't at age of 17-18, he was 25 y.o. That's it. So what we were waiting for ( Soma wins, erina saying delicious, battle with joichiro, relationship progress between erina and soma) hasn't happened. Not even one of them. So if they can show us where is the originality of this ending, it would be appreciated...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

83 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

73 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

75 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

80 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

72 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.