Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2020 5:17 PM

Mar 2020
Danae said:
I call bs on Ruka falling for Kazuya so quickly tbh. Blackmailing him into going out with her was awful and downright uncomfortable to watch. I was glad Mizuhara stood up for Kazuya but then she made a 180 turn which sucks. Still, Kazuya wanted to protect Mizuhara so he gained a bit of respect from me. I still wouldn't go out with her if I were him tho. It's obvious he doesn't wanna do it.

Also I cannot believe they added Ruka's backstory in the ed instead of during the actual episodes LMAO

Yeah it sucks that they decided to speedrun Ruka's backstory and squeeze it into the ED. In the manga where it is properly explained it is more understandable as to why she falls for Kazuya, as the anyone reading feels happier that she finally found someone who she could be normal with. In the anime, it's just confusing and there's not nearly as much emotional impact rip.
Aug 21, 2020 5:32 PM

Aug 2019
it’s getting better but something about this show is still making me kinda not enjoy it as much as I feel I would.
Aug 21, 2020 5:42 PM
May 2020
SIMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Aug 21, 2020 5:49 PM
May 2019
Great adaptation. I liked how they put Ruka's backstory in the ED to cut some time. So yes, Ruka's condition is her motive to want to date Kazuya, kind of an asspull, and if you think this is too much, it gets WAY crazier from here...

And they didn't even introduce best girl yet!
Aug 21, 2020 5:57 PM
Aug 2020
Sadhoe666 said:
I really did not liked Mizuhara in this episode. They both had Ruka crying on the streets like it's nothing. Kazuya being insufferable as always, he is truly being manipulated by his rental, it looks like she does not wants to be with him but at the same time does not let him to be with anyone else, Mizuhara having the same attitude as Mami, damn these females.

Mizuhara was right, dude. She asked Kazuya if he liked Ruka and he said no so why in the hell would she tell him to go out with someone he doesn't like? Mizuhara said it herself that the one thing a partner cannot lack is love for the other and as you know already, Kazuya's heart at the moment belongs to Chizuru. (Hell, if he didn't like Mizuhara, he'd most probably take up Ruka's offer because he finds her cute)
Aug 21, 2020 5:59 PM
Apr 2019
Yahallo! Oops, wrong show. I got another chance to hear Nao Touyama's wonderful voice, after the episode of Oregairu. Ruka -chan is finally in action. I also loved the ED part where they present Ruka's backstory.
Aug 21, 2020 6:03 PM

Apr 2020
another week another new girl. not a big fan of ruka but still like her more than mami.

still rooting for the mizuhara and kazuya relationship, but theres still another girl we haven't seen yet.

ruka is too clingy for my tastes, but she might have a backstory that justifies it?? according to the ending sequence, there's obviously more than meets the eye with her. excited to see what happens with their relationship in next weeks episode :)

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2020 7:00 PM

Apr 2016
Just your casual blackmailing and guilt-tripping your way into a relationship. She is pretty cute though so i guess it cancels out.
Aug 21, 2020 7:07 PM

Jun 2020
ruka is kinda cute but shes a bit annoying, but just like what mizuhara said, theres prob more to her than what meets the eye
Aug 21, 2020 7:09 PM

Apr 2020
My god Kazuya, make a decision by yourself at least one time. I liked Ruka, well, every girl on this anime is ridiculously beautiful.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 21, 2020 7:10 PM

Mar 2020
I’m worried they just skipped over Ruka’s backstory and used it for end credits. That was some important stuff people will miss.
Aug 21, 2020 7:34 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So many people simping for Ruka in the comments, forgetting the fact that she really just lowkey guilt-tripped the fuck out of Kazuya.... and also lowkey going to frame him as the bad friend.
Aug 21, 2020 7:37 PM
Nov 2019
Going by the ED, it looks like Ruka has some sort of heart condition. I imagine that'll play in later on.
Aug 21, 2020 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
I can't Kanojo this is how she falls for him EHHHH seriously! lol can't say i remember the last time a show shoved a character's backstory into a ED theme

i'm at least glad he didn't out right switch to her but everyone guilt tripped him into dating her in the end this is not even close to be healthy so this trial dating arc won't last long ,i bet the manga has long moved on from Ruka ,i'm just here for cute Nao noises

mizuhara continues to wear the best outfits

Aug 21, 2020 7:53 PM

Nov 2013
Another harem added to this loser. Sigh
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 21, 2020 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
Wait, don't tell me their gonna leave Ruka's backstory as an ED slideshow? I was really hoping to see it animated too.
Aug 21, 2020 8:41 PM
Jan 2020
The whole entire situation is getting increasingly more complicated as the series continues.
Aug 21, 2020 8:43 PM

Sep 2015
Not a fan of Ruka so far, hopefully she becomes less desperate and clingy
Aug 21, 2020 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was so good, the introduction of Ruka was a gamechanger for this, never thought that the introduction of a new character could be so good!

Ruka is literally what was needed in this anime to speed things up a bit ;) Her declaration scene was the best part for sure, for the first time Kazuya felt great about himself lmao xD
Tbh this is probably the first episode were Kazuya surpassed my expectations, during the whole episode he didn't do anything bad by himself.

With that whole crying scene, Chizuru "knows" that Kazuya likes her, even though he should have said it, that would have been a 10/10 ending.

They even managed to share Ruka's story at the ED scene, 10/10

So the next episode will be Christmas, can't wait! And i guess it's time for Chizuru starting doing something besides just telling Kazuya what to do, she will love this trial ahahaha

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 21, 2020 8:48 PM

May 2015
Damn, I haven't noticed until now but the OST is freaking annoying.

I think I haven't ever felt as distracted by the background music of an anime as with this one, it feels really weird and unpleasant for me.
Aug 21, 2020 8:53 PM

Jan 2014
After seeing that ending sequence with the quick flashback cuts of Ruka, I legit think we are going to have a possible neck and neck competition between her and Chizuru for the title best girl. This episode went by so fucking fast, next week come plz

Aug 21, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2020
Lol that boob grab got me laughing my ass off. The whole episode was ridiculous and kind of stupid ngl but I really enjoyed it. Kinda expected that Ruka was also a rental kanojo just like Mizuhara.

I really thought that she was supposed to be Kazuya's lost childhood friend or something turns out she was just finding a "man" that will make her heart doki doki ! And oh boy did Kazuya made her heart beat 90 bpm.

The ED sequence was cool with the whole backstory of Ruka but I'm a bit worried if her health condition is really serious. Maybe it will have a role in the future episodes.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 21, 2020 9:02 PM
Jun 2020
this episode was filled with comedy and Ruka is very cute and gives mizuhara a challenge for the best girl
looking forward to see more of ruka and mizuhara in the next epsiode
Aug 21, 2020 9:05 PM
Feb 2020
Is it bad that I was laughing all through this episode?
Ruka has claimed 2nd or edge of 3rd, depends on Sumi
I just did not like her turning his good moments into perversion
BastionoAug 21, 2020 9:31 PM
Aug 21, 2020 9:11 PM

Dec 2010
I find it funny that Naobou is almost always getting c*ckblocked by someone hahaha.

Save for her Chitoge role, I think all her other roles were dumped by the MC... Gotta pity her roles lol

On a serious note though, dating the girlfriend (albeit rental) of your (best?) friend is just one of the worse feelings ever...

Not that I experienced it or anything...
Aug 21, 2020 9:16 PM
May 2015
Leo said:
Ruka may just be best girl. The fact that she is voiced by the same VA as Yui from Oregairu makes it better.

From the ending, does Ruka has some sort of a heart problem? I'm going to read the manga from this point onward.

this is confirmation that she is, in fact, best girl!
Aug 21, 2020 9:22 PM
Oct 2019
3 things
1) I need more Mizuhara reactions
2) Kazuya is a true bro: thinking about his fellow brothers first
3) Did the anime just rush Ruka's backstory, what balsphemy. The Ruka-fans are going to riot
Aug 21, 2020 9:25 PM

Aug 2018
KorhalChild said:
Damn, I haven't noticed until now but the OST is freaking annoying.

I think I haven't ever felt as distracted by the background music of an anime as with this one, it feels really weird and unpleasant for me.

Same. It's really repetitive, grating and distracting. It doesn't even seem to fit the mood of the scenes.
Set SCE to AUX
Aug 21, 2020 9:57 PM

Aug 2019
sure that was ok. Ruku's character definitely is something, don't mind her to much, just i definitely root more for the Chizuru and Kazuya ship as i feel like they better fit together.

Ruka definitely seems to like jumping the gun a lot and is pretty straight forward with her emotions, when it came to her ending on a conclusion between Kazuya and Chizuru, i mean sure true she was right for the majority of it but it felt like she was just yelling out statements without thinking about them to much. Also, felt it quick and weird that after maybe 12+ hours of just being around Kazuya she's seemed to fall head over heels for him and labels him as "the one" for her, maybe there's something more to it that i don't know but still. Damn, she is also very persistent and clingy, i mean she literally killed Shun in about 3 seconds flat and didn't seem to mind, then follow Kazuya home, stick to him like glue and then provoke Chizuru.

Lmao liked how Chizuru was pretty defensive over Kazuya, play or not it was pretty cute to see her get defensive and interrogate him about his certain "actions" as quick as she did. Sure i'll also give some points to Kazuya as well, dudes actually a true friend with going and meeting Shun after seeing him get absolutely decked on, plus his apology to Ruku as well, but got some pretty mixed feelings from Chizuru encouraging Kazuya to date Ruku. I was pretty for Kazuya just leaving her be, and finally sticking and progressing with someone he truely likes, but huh really caught me off-guard to see Chizuru go-on with the data idea, even if a "trial", since her hints about her feelings towards Kazuya seem pretty clear at times.

Aug 21, 2020 10:05 PM
Jun 2019
Kazuya should have just chosen ruka like why is he still with that gold digger mizuahara. Ruka best girl.
Aug 21, 2020 10:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Ok, so that's it, the show is over! He finally got a girlfriend!

But seriously, I'm really surprised that Ruka is so head over heels for Kazuya this early. I kind of figured she may be a love interest later on, but this was quick. However, it was never really explained why she's in love with him. Something about her heartbeat, but that's not much to go on.

They decided to cram her backstory into the credits for some reason. It appears she has some kind of respiratory condition that's affected her all her life, and she became a rental girlfriend to try and find the one that would make her heart beat fast? At least that's what I'm feeling is the case from what they showed us. The romance feels a little forced though.

Gotta feel for Kazuya's friend though. She kind of screwed him over pretty bad. But luckily Kazuya is also a bro and was reluctant to date Ruka, despite how insanely cute she is.

While Ruka is in fact, super cute, I just know that in the end he'll still get with Mizuhara. I've seen this movie way too many times to know how it's going to end. don't get me wrong, Mizuhara is really pretty and has been fairly cool with everything that's happened, but she's also kind of a bitch at times.

I'm going to guess that next week we're going to see why Ruka isn't the best girlfriend for Kazuya. From the preview she looks clingy and possessive which may ultimately be her downfall. Which is too bad, because she's really cute and seems sweet.
Aug 21, 2020 10:33 PM

Aug 2020
I saw so many relationships like this... it never lasts and always ends with someone really hurt.
how did i get here;
Aug 21, 2020 10:35 PM
Apr 2017
Welp, Kazuya got a girlfriend.
Aug 21, 2020 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode!
I dont know were to start bcs this episode was just nuts.
Ruka-chan will be around and i like it.
Give me the christmas episode plsT~T
Aug 21, 2020 10:45 PM
Nov 2019
After watching the ending credit scene about Ruka and the situation with her heart rate it slightly warped my view of the show. I originally thought it would be a light-hearted "here are some sexy girls with a lame mediocre guy" to a show that has a lot of dramatic elements to it. Hopefully I'm wrong because the story regarding Ruka and her heart rate issues, in my point of view, is pretty damn sad. I would hate for characters like that with dramatic backgrounds get their "hearts broken".
Aug 21, 2020 10:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Ruka-chan was some random schooler girl with a symptom on her heart that unexpectedly had a lower heart beats than usual. She wanted to felt the strong heart beats like a normal person had. So thats why she took a chance to tried being a rental girlfriend.

Congratulations, with your new harem member, Kazuya-san.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 21, 2020 10:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Leo said:

From the ending, does Ruka has some sort of a heart problem?

Yes, she was. Sort of. Idk the detail information of what disease she sufferred. Maybe the next episode might explain more about it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2020 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
At least Kazuyua has his priorities. Bros before hoes.
Aug 22, 2020 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
Called it! Ruka is a rental kanojo. Why else would she be familiar with the renal girlfriend business then?

She's in love with him just because he's nice and her smartphone app said so? LOL She's a fucking idiot. Her large chest and cute looks are all she has. What's with her low standards? She's a fucking doormat. Then again there are people who are into that. They're easy to manipulate and speaking of which, she's also manipulative by crying when Kazuya rejected her after she aggressively pestered him. Yikes.

Ichinose/Mizuhara really is the only one with a functioning brain in this show. Honestly, I'm liking Mami more since she has a better personality than Ruka. Right now best girls are Mizuhara and Mami. Ruka is such a stupid generic harem trope that is always wedged into superficial shows.

On the plus side, Kazuya is showing some more maturity and growth. It's not a lot but at least there's something.
臭い-
Aug 22, 2020 12:18 AM

Jul 2020
The way there was Ruka's backstory at the end credits was so great.I feel bad for her.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 22, 2020 12:33 AM
Oct 2012
The Ending Theme is soo good. And I like this way of delivering character background via Ending Theme. Saves you some time, while delivering some plot. Whoever directed that, it's a genius.

I mean, it is kind of important, but in my opinion it worked quite well. (Instead of using screen time for a flashback)
Aug 22, 2020 12:49 AM

Jun 2020
putting aside everything, that was unprofessional of ruka to "expose" kuri, kuri should totally report her to her agency lol

kazuya being a loser as always. just because mizuhara tells him to do something he can't even affirm her or just take his stand lol. as great of a bro he was but like what mizuhara said he is the adult here he should've just been firm with ruka right from the start & save himself all the back & forth

her frustrated expression was me watching this episode. wtf seriously so childish lol ruka's just throwing a tantrum. so what if she has a heart condition sob story are we/kazuya supposed to take pity on her? she appeared out of nowhere & starts to demand things lmfao K

on hindsight i'd rather much prefer to watch mami over ruka lol

that was nice what they did with the ED tho

still waitin on sumi

was that a new male character in the preview? on the phone with chizuru? kinda dreading more ruka next episode lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 22, 2020 1:38 AM
Jan 2019
That restaurant scene with Kazuya complementing Chihara and her reaction to it was cute,

Ruka is now attempting to take Kazuya and give him the real thing.

pretty funny/good episode overall, i'm curious to see when the next girl will be introduced*****

F,P
Aug 22, 2020 1:46 AM

Dec 2015
Xandaros said:
Nunbo_Arbur said:
Can someone please explain why Kazuya made her heartbeat to 90bpm so important to her? Also, I like how she just flat out said that Kazuya likes Chizuru. This won't end well.

From the way I interpreted it, it seems like she had or has a heart issue that caused her to collapse when she was younger. So in order to prevent another collapse, she had to avoid getting excited over anything... And after awhile, it seems like she CAN'T get excited anymore. Like nothing increased her heart rate. Not a rollercoaster, or any of the other dates as a rental. So she felt like a robot, unable to be moved by anything. That's why Kazuya increasing her heart rate is a big deal.

Thank you for explaining it to me. I thought it was because she noticed how Kazuya and Chizuru acted and it made her lovesick as she asked herself during the ending credits. Since she found someone that made her heatbeat faster than the other 'dates' she thought, "could this be what love is like?"
Aug 22, 2020 2:34 AM

Feb 2020
I like how they put Ruka's Past in the Ed. This was a good Decision.

Ruka is too Cute but I can't get over Mizuhara.

Let's wait for the 4th Girl to Arrive.
Aug 22, 2020 3:25 AM

Nov 2018
Ah looks like the annoying love rival has arrived to make my brain hurt. Side characters ain't winning so just fuck off.
Aug 22, 2020 4:48 AM

Jul 2017
THE TRUTH IS OUT: Like Chizuru, Ruka is YET ANOTHER rental girlfriend (like who doesn't know already?), and an annoying one at that after this episode, adding to the "cringe harem".

As if this doesn't get any cringier, Ruka showing up at Kazuya's college is just a looker. Measuring her heartbeat though, that's some secrecy, and even worse rejecting his bud Kuri STRAIGHT TO HIS FACE. Sorry for you bud, but you just got K.O.ed by a lie.

To make an already complex situation more dejecting: finding both Kazuya and Chizuru at their doorstep to declare her love to the scumbag in a blackmailing situation and aimlessly going nowhere without a resolution.

Tit for tat, I suppose to make things right, but Kazuya has went TOO deep down this rabbit hole to fix things back to once they were, and Ruka's amplification of her issues has made an already unrepairable situation much worse.

The 2nd ED, is her backstory in a nutshell, really genius idea to incorporate everything (if not the important bits) there. Applause to the person/people who decided to do this extra bits.

A pulsating heartbeat is what I can say about Ruka and her robot heart, and her trial period with Kazuya, really wondering what shenanigans will follow and the outcome of it.
Aug 22, 2020 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
Ruka, the type of girl I can't stand.

And Chizuru as dumb as Kazuya.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2020 6:37 AM

Aug 2018
Okay guys, I love Ruka-chan
Aug 22, 2020 6:38 AM

Oct 2016
wow, anyone else seeing a huge similarity between Ruka and Koga from bunny girl, their introductions were very very similar (hiding from someone under a desk, asking out the mc randomly for a seemingly random reason). also theyre voiced by the same person
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » aside from the mc being unlikeable, what else do people hate about this show? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 13

50 by Kyubey89 »»
Jun 10, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

338 by santiagoasa »»
Jun 9, 8:41 PM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

80 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.