Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 30, 2014 8:32 PM

Sep 2014
Lol Okarin is as funny as ever. The dialogue between him and Kurisu is too hilarious. Kurisu looked pretty cute after she got yelled at by Okarin's nonsense. It feels like there are some time travelers in this show like Suzuha but I'm eager to watch more

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Jan 10, 2015 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
Now that they have a goal of sorts it seems like the show's going to start picking up the pace. Now that they're done with IBN 5100 I want to see what that one girl wanted with it. Maybe she works for SERN? The broken engrish in this show just keeps making it better and better. It's time for them to make a time machine, maybe.
Jan 16, 2015 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
Still pretty slow, but I don't mind. These characters are so likeable!
Jan 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2009
"I'll have some cup noodles. What flavors?"

"There's soy sauce and salt flavor."
Feb 10, 2015 6:33 AM

Oct 2014
hmm, I don't get really into it.... don't know why, because it is actually likable :D
Mar 22, 2015 11:55 PM
Dec 2011
this anime is awesome the more i watch the more i crave for :3 oh... this is so great rintarou is adorable... plot is epic...i love it :3
Mar 25, 2015 8:35 PM

May 2014
Renato said:
"I'll have some cup noodles. What flavors?"

"There's soy sauce and salt flavor."
This translation is precisely why I watch the dub.

In English, this phrasing is grammatically correct, but no one would ever say it like that.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Apr 9, 2015 3:25 PM

May 2013
Oh boy. Shit's about to get real!
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Apr 10, 2015 8:25 PM

Apr 2014
the humans turning into jelly are a bit creepy
Apr 22, 2015 2:42 PM

Sep 2014
Damn felt like Suzuha was about to kill Kurisu, wonder what's gonna happen.
Humans turning into jelly wow.
Kurisu Mayuri <3.
Great interractions still between Kurisu and Okarin.
Like where this is heading.
May 2, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
The first time they played that soundtrack !

May 13, 2015 2:12 AM
Feb 2015
much better than prev one...going great so far
May 31, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
Seems that Suzuha it's from the future and that Kurisu did something bad...
Jun 22, 2015 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Lab-coat pose. Hilarious.

Suzuha sure freaked out when that helicopter flew overhead... (has anybody really not figured it out yet?)
Jun 29, 2015 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
OH YES THINGS ARE MOVING THINGS ARE MOVING
Jun 29, 2015 11:27 PM

Jan 2015
Finally!
Jun 30, 2015 8:57 PM
Feb 2015
Man those articles gave me the chills. Things are gonna become interesting especially from the PV of the next episode. Mikase already has someone that hates her, I wonder why. She seems to be alert to helicopter noises and says that their are bombs dropping. Hmmmmm
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 27, 2015 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
Totally understand what Suzuha's going through now.

soy sauce and salt?...no, it should be soy sauce and chicken flavored.

If only the mewtube site was in english (like in VN), the actual youtube video'd get much more views.
Aug 7, 2015 8:02 PM

Jul 2015
just do it already
Aug 22, 2015 3:55 AM

Sep 2014
I'm really curious as to how Suzuha will fit into the story. I wonder who she really is.

This episode definitely got me hooked on the series, now I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Reading the jellyman report in that room must have been quite creepy. What if they know you're reading it?

Can't wait to see what will happen next.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Sep 3, 2015 2:05 PM

Jan 2015
really interesting
Sep 16, 2015 3:17 PM
Feb 2015
Nov 24, 2015 2:24 AM

Jul 2014
Suzuha seems like she could be the Homura Akemi from Magica Madoka in Steins Gate e.e
But interesting episode, so far. Even I've heard such stuff in reality about CERN trying to succeed in time traveling and failing to do so. Those were just rumors, as far as I know. But to see an anime series based on that...whoa. I should've watched it right then!
Damn. Gotta finish this :3
Dec 4, 2015 11:25 PM

Mar 2015
Well finally the plot is moving T_T well it's a 24 episodes anime so slow is to be expected.

Also what's with the part-timer girl? Is she cray cray? Time traveller? Army? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

I find it interesting that the solid human matter liquidizes with the transport (time travel).

Well let's see how it goes now.

Oh I also just realized that Kurisu have the same voice as Noire and Ayumi.

Dec 15, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2014
Why did Mayuri call herself a hostage and how does this relate other backstory?

Kurisu appears to have an estranged relationship with her father who appears to be one of those people who become crazy after spending a long time relentlessly pursuing a goal.

The vengeance in Suzuha's reaction upon seeing Kurisu, her saying that Kurisu hasn't done anything to her yet, her survival instinct in regards to the helicopter, and the fact that she has never witnessed fireworks before despite being knowledgeable about technology leads me to believe she's from a different time.

Due to her hostile reaction to Kurisu, her combat tendencies, how she suddenly entered the picture randomly, her keen listening skills, and her reaction to air raids, is it possible that she might be part of some resistance group? Now if this is the case, then is it possible Kurisu's murder in episode one was actually an assassination that had been planned by time travelling resistance fighters, and if so then Kurisu must have been a very high ranking person in the regime or at least someone who played a significant part inenabling them to take power somehow.

And what of that mysterious woman who had taken a picture of Okabe? She said she had been taking pictures as evidence that she was there, so she's probably another time traveller. Was it possible that she actually knew who he was and showed him a picture of the IBN 5100 asking him to identify it in order to discern if he's involved in whatever she was sent to do? She also was rather adamant about finding out more about Daru when Okabe mentioned him. Needless to say, many questions abound and things are becoming very interesting. My speculations are rather wild at the point, but we'll see XD

The question that burns the most for me is who exactly did Kurisu see when she thought that it was Okabe who had wanted to tell her something?
ZeroDragonDec 15, 2015 10:59 PM
Jan 18, 2016 11:51 PM

Dec 2015
I have this feeling they're going to get caught soon for the hacking.

Okarin is pretty awesome character.
Apr 11, 2016 11:03 PM
Mar 2016
I love how they made the main character the comic relief and he excels at it;

But Jesus dude settle down! Its just a game!
Jul 23, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2016
Human jelly cake ;-;
Sep 21, 2016 5:45 AM
Jul 2018
the episode was beautiful and i feel that the story becomes clear .
i cant stop watching this anime when i finish an episode i start another one
it makes me exited^^
Oct 7, 2016 5:38 PM

Jan 2016
Miyano's performance is just fuckin amazing
Nov 27, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
Kurisu: I'm not hanging around for this time travel shit

*time travel shit happens*

Kurisu: Oh okay I guess I'll stay
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 2, 2017 7:45 PM
Jun 2016
Oh my god Mayuri is so god damn adorable she is my favorite character by far. I'm absolutely blown away by this anime so far, and I've purposely waited with commenting on episodes until now.

I love the depth of the characters, and now things are about to get reaaaaaaally interesting.

Can't help but wonder however if someone managed to trace Daru's hack?

But oh my god please for the love of god don't do anything bad to Mayuri..... !!!
Jan 23, 2017 10:20 PM

Jan 2016
Lol, I wish they'd consult with a native English speaker before showing these news reports and databases. They make quite a few syntactic/spelling errors for something that seems so realistic. I mean, really, "the identity of a man from whom a man ho made the right side..." HUH?

I think Kurisu might have been a little oversensitive to Okabe's yelling at her because of trauma she'd incurred with her father...

Anyway, back on topic, the plot has REALLY thickened. Finally, the initial build-up is coming to an end, and it's all starting to make more sense. I'm enticed.

P.S. What happened to that girl that took a picture of Okabe?
Mar 9, 2017 2:45 AM
Jun 2013
itaru just getting turned on from everything from mayuri laying on his shirt to some possible yuri action. also that whole shower/hostage skit was funny as hell. Yea going by Suzuha reaction to certain things its clear where shes from. Welp sern is our evil shady organization,but I wonder how evil.
Mar 20, 2017 1:26 PM

May 2013
Suzu, why you mean mugging Kurisu so much? xD I feel like she knows something.... Maybe she's from the future ;O

Dudeeeeee, I got the chills when they showed the man buried in the wall DDD:
Apr 14, 2017 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
How I wish I didn't know what would happen later...
How I wish I could watch this anime the for the first time again...
How I wish I could have virgin goosebumps again..

Well, hopeless wishes aside, this episode is basically:
Operation IBN 5100, Access Top-secret SERN Database

I'd say there's not much else going on (slice of life stuff) in this ep, other than Suzuha growing more mysteriously interesting, and Kurisu's scarred backstory.

Rewatching for the 4th time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2017 6:29 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch - BD version]

1) The scientists pose is the best thing ever. Again.

2) I don't remember if it was like that the first time but, the jellyman scene sent chills down my spine >.<
Jul 16, 2017 1:31 AM

Sep 2014
Hh so let's take the timeline our cast is set in. 90 years before I assume they lived without any Jellypeople in the walls since McCarthy and Linda weren't even born but in our 2005 he died and appeared in 1921 for completely different timeline which was living 84 years behind ? Also then how did newspaper from 1921 appear in our own timeline , Im sure in original 1921 we think as our past there were no Jelly Humans in the walls since 2005 was a distant future and people who supposedly appeared weren't even born as I stated. Then how much different timelines even exist ? Then society from timeline ahead should have succeded in some form of time-travel and jelly things maybe should have appeared in our original timeline , but we haven't seen such reports yet.

Other thing , If those jelly bodies weren't found ( maybe some of 14 haven't been ) would they still be there for our characters to find? If yes , then everything we are seeing right would simply be changing the past from present perspective , don't know whether it should even be proposed as a time travel. But then again the newspapers , how ? Did they just appear out of nowhere with headlines from 1921 ?
Then we have bananas. Could we say that that one banana travelled those minutes or seconds back in time ? And it certainly did it in the same timeline so maybe it just supports the theory on what this paragraph is about. 

In addition , Im thinking what if experiments were successful and the person appeared alive and conscious in 1921 , another in 1946 , would every person around be real or people he left in 2005  real and living back there with McCarthy and other 13 gone ?  Or everyone is somehow real and we toss everything as "Another timeline" ? Huh , then how many of every person's versions are existing in every different timeline?
Jul 16, 2017 2:02 AM

Feb 2016
Orionite_ said:
Hh so let's take the timeline our cast is set in. 90 years before I assume they lived without any Jellypeople in the walls since McCarthy and Linda weren't even born but in our 2005 he died and appeared in 1921 for completely different timeline which was living 84 years behind ? Also then how did newspaper from 1921 appear in our own timeline , Im sure in original 1921 we think as our past there were no Jelly Humans in the walls since 2005 was a distant future and people who supposedly appeared weren't even born as I stated. Then how much different timelines even exist ? Then society from timeline ahead should have succeded in some form of time-travel and jelly things maybe should have appeared in our original timeline , but we haven't seen such reports yet.

Other thing , If those jelly bodies weren't found ( maybe some of 14 haven't been ) would they still be there for our characters to find? If yes , then everything we are seeing right would simply be changing the past from present perspective , don't know whether it should even be proposed as a time travel. But then again the newspapers , how ? Did they just appear out of nowhere with headlines from 1921 ?
Then we have bananas. Could we say that that one banana travelled those minutes or seconds back in time ? And it certainly did it in the same timeline so maybe it just supports the theory on what this paragraph is about. 

In addition , Im thinking what if experiments were successful and the person appeared alive and conscious in 1921 , another in 1946 , would every person around be real or people he left in 2005  real and living back there with McCarthy and other 13 gone ?  Or everyone is somehow real and we toss everything as "Another timeline" ? Huh , then how many of every person's versions are existing in every different timeline?

I'm not sure if I understand you and it might be too early to say, but there's only one timeline (or worldline). Every change in the past affects the present and the future, there's no timeline where these bodies didn't appear, as everything is already predetermined to happen as the present already affected the past. After the experiments began the past was simply rewritten. Watch further and everything will be explained and make sense, S;G has a pretty different approach at time travel from the common. ;)
Jul 16, 2017 3:34 AM

Sep 2014
Aquamirror said:

I'm not sure if I understand you and it might be too early to say, but there's only one timeline (or worldline). Every change in the past affects the present and the future, there's no timeline where these bodies didn't appear, as everything is already predetermined to happen as the present already affected the past. After the experiments began the past was simply rewritten. Watch further and everything will be explained and make sense, S;G has a pretty different approach at time travel from the common. ;)

While it is true that is uncommon , in my opinion that is exactly how a time-travel show should be. It approaches it with science and addresses problems that time-travel has in reality. Great to know that stuff will be explained in the future. :)
Jul 25, 2017 12:48 PM
Mar 2016
idk why but whenever okabe does that grunt or surprised sound when someone insults him i find it so funny
Sep 8, 2017 6:57 PM
Sep 2017
This episode is very interesting :o
May 7, 2018 5:47 PM
Dec 2011
Ignores Kurisu when she tells him not to call her "Christina"
Yells at her when he calls her Okabe, makes her cry, doesn't regret it,

AND NO ONE IN THIS FORUM IS CALLING HIM OUT ON IT.

Okabe is such a hypocrite.
May 9, 2018 7:39 AM

Nov 2015
TheCatlover192 said:

It's because we know Okabe is just fooling around (chuunibyou) and not actually being serious. And lol.. it's not Okabe's yelling that made her cry.. it's what happened between her and her father. It's not Okabe's fault she cried, I mean Okabe didn't even know about it until she started talking about it. If you want to blame anyone, blame her dad, not Okabe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2018 10:06 AM
Dec 2011
AX3M said:
TheCatlover192 said:

It's because we know Okabe is just fooling around (chuunibyou) and not actually being serious. And lol.. it's not Okabe's yelling that made her cry.. it's what happened between her and her father. It's not Okabe's fault she cried, I mean Okabe didn't even know about it until she started talking about it. If you want to blame anyone, blame her dad, not Okabe.

Oh, OK. I didn't get that far yet. Sorry.
May 10, 2018 12:41 AM

Nov 2015
TheCatlover192 said:
AX3M said:

Oh, OK. I didn't get that far yet. Sorry.
Nah, it's all revealed in this episode.
Aug 13, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 2017
Now, we know why the banana turned in jelly. SERN is evil and their human experimens became a jellyman when they send them to the past.

Kurisu in a lab coat is cool.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2018 5:42 PM
Jul 2013
Looks like it's going to be a victory for whoever rewrites the past and disables the opponent
Dec 25, 2018 2:15 AM

Mar 2016
Alright that's it, seeing Kurisu in a lab coat posing back to back with Okabe, is an instant ship! She looks so cute in the lab coat!!!

The way she was scared to the point of tearing up because of hearing Okabe's sudden shouting, indicates that this is a sign of PTSD or something. Was she abused by her father? I'll just have to find out later...

Those jellyman reports are damn creepy. And the reasoning behind it (Human experiment of time travelling to the past by SERN) just makes it even more unsettling. It reminded me of an actual conspiracy theory about a time machine (sometimes teleporter) that could cause a human's body to get stuck on a wall. (In addition to that, I'm watching in dead midnight, shit)

I see, so those objects including the human test subjects became like jelly because they're basically squeezed into a tight space, emptying all that's inside. That doesn't explain how it all becomes a green translucent jelly though. Aside from that... Squeezing into a tight hole huh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I knew Daru would comment about that explanation.
Mar 6, 2019 8:49 AM

Feb 2019
That was a pretty freaky episode
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jun 28, 2011

629 by TheSunLife »»
Yesterday, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 14, 2011

317 by FarCritical »»
Sep 22, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 7, 2011

280 by FarCritical »»
Sep 22, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

267 by chris1763 »»
Sep 22, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BladedWarrior - May 31, 2011

419 by FarCritical »»
Sep 21, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.