Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2020 9:10 AM
Sep 2015
I just hate Bam, he did nothing to deserve his power, power should only come to those with determination, Bam just want to use his reproductive system with Rachel, there's no elegant in that act.
Jun 24, 2020 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
So was this episode made to make me hate Rachel even more then I do now?

Fucking Pushes Bam into the pit and then his friends Offer to take her to the Top of the TOWER?!?! You fucking kidding me? God Damn I could not comprehend all the Rachel hate but now I understand.

There better be a season 2 because I want to know more about Hwa Ryun. First she assists Rachel and now she wants to train Bam? What is her true purpose?

Yu Han is garbage as well but I knew this for quite some time.

Top five characters in no Order: Lero-ro, Rak, Khun, Endorsii, Yuri. Easy list.

Also Kuhn fucking knows. He knows Rachel did Bam dirty because he knows Bam wouldn't go out of commission that easily.

Please Season 2 ASAP.

EDIT: Also was that fucking Bam at the end with long hair??!?!?!
SoraSenpaiJun 24, 2020 9:15 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 24, 2020 9:12 AM

Jun 2017
Worst episode for me :O
Jun 24, 2020 9:12 AM
Feb 2017
emraanash said:
they didn't explained the anime very well, couldn't make us connected with characters. this was a disappointment.

Is the webtoon is the same tone and story telling style? I want to read it but where should I start?

From the begining. They covered 78 chapters in 13 episodes.
They made anime more 'anime like/japanese', you know like a stuff with nakama power and all those cliches. When I read it it was not like that. They also skipped a lot ,adding pointless fillers such as Rak eating choco bars(because it is funny, get it?), so it does not help.
Jun 24, 2020 9:13 AM

Aug 2015
Jfs_ said:
I couldn't find that "because i'm afraid of the night" line by rachel, did i miss it? Or did they skipped it?

Skipped.

Which doesn't make much sense because there's no reason to translate his name if you don't include this part.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 24, 2020 9:13 AM
Feb 2017
Jfs_ said:
I couldn't find that "because i'm afraid of the night" line by rachel, did i miss it? Or did they skipped it?

Skipped I guess. I was also looking forward to this line.
Jun 24, 2020 9:14 AM
Feb 2017
phantomfandom said:
I just hate Bam, he did nothing to deserve his power, power should only come to those with determination, Bam just want to use his reproductive system with Rachel, there's no elegant in that act.

But it is not romantic feeling?
Jun 24, 2020 9:14 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I knew Bam would live (the whole "can't find the body, so they must be alive" theory was very evident) but it was just really cruel to learn that everything he'd done for Rachel was thrown out of the window for her own self-worth. And the thing that hurts a lot is that the rest of the group want to help Rachel climb as a wish towards Bam, without knowing what actually happened. I do hope for a second season (seems possible with the shot of the long-haired man, not sure if that's Bam or someone else), but I definitely want to read the webtoon now just to see what happens from here.
Jun 24, 2020 9:19 AM

Jan 2017
So simp Bam was simping so hard that he didn't notice anything about Rachel and got almost killed because of this. Well I was expecting something better form the most popular manhwa.

Did they announce S2 or some kind of continuation?
Jun 24, 2020 9:20 AM
May 2017
Rachel best girl, she was the only one who's not an incredibly medicore written character.

About the plot: So the grand plan has come down to this. Without all this shit Bam would have climbed the tower, but now Bam will climb the tower. Genious.
Jun 24, 2020 9:21 AM
Mar 2018
Seriously racheal
How can anyone do such a thing to a person
Who loves you so much?

But I guess you wanted to climb more than Bam's love

It was a good episode
Finally they gave racheal a character
And bam knew about true colors of racheal
And my boy Khun was torn asking
Why didn't I met bam before you

Racheal I hate you
Jun 24, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
dc22 said:
Finally this trash is over.

Rachel would be a good character if her motivations weren't so vague/basic.

Solid 1/10

I think u mean solid trolling, lmao. Like is Fairy Gone higher quality than this anime? I think from anyone's perspective it's at LEAST as good. But ye, if you really think it's a 1, u're completely right, and probably trolling.
Jun 24, 2020 9:22 AM
May 2020
I really enjoyed this, especially the first and last episodes. I thought episodes 5-9 with lots of the tests weren't as good but when they came out I was watching jjba p5 so they were probably just overshadowed by that. I also think the character development was really good, especially considering this is a 13 episode action series: with how I went from despising Anaak to thinking she was actually pretty cool and of course Rachel going from desperate dream chaser to bitch - sorry 'villain.' (Also, ToG has done such a good job of creating likeable protagonists and dislikeable antagonists) This last episode did a really good job of that and showing lots of the intricacies behind the plot. I really hope Bam takes this opportunity to turn into a really cool and strong protagonist who knows what defeat and betrayal are all too well, without turning into a Kirito-esque edgelord. I am hyped for s2 and might read part one of the webcomic as well. Anyway sorry for rambling, I'm done now.
Jun 24, 2020 9:24 AM
Feb 2017
imSOunique said:
Rachel best girl, she was the only one who's not an incredibly medicore written character.

About the plot: So the grand plan has come down to this. Without all this shit Bam would have climbed the tower, but now Bam will climb the tower. Genious.

Now when everyone thinks he is dead , Han Sung and his people will be able to train and control Bam. He is irregular , a wildcard that others would not anticipate. I know they could have adapted it better , but it was still understandable.
Jun 24, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2018
SirLezard said:
Jfs_ said:

Skipped.

Which doesn't make much sense because there's no reason to translate his name if you don't include this part.
dandon223 said:
Jfs_ said:

Skipped I guess. I was also looking forward to this line.
ah okay, not gonna lie that was disappointing, just when i thought this adaptation couldn't get any worse.
Jun 24, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2017
Even though it could be a better adaptation, it's still better than most thrash that gets published these days. 6/10 but +1 for webtoon fanboy bias.
Jun 24, 2020 9:30 AM
Dec 2019
one thing this anime glossed over at the end was when hansung was saying goodbye he gave them rings in the webtoon these are important for later on and i would assume you guys all know the name of the red haired girl since it was in the cast list shes a navigator evan is as well they can see into the future evan sees paths in front of him while shes sees a lot more as well as irregulars are summonded when the tower feels like it needs change also \navigators can not see the set future for an irrgular as there choices are not fated like other btw racheal got in only because the tower made a mistake because she was under bam this is why she pathetically weak and the guy that helps her all we know is that he was assigned to her and thats all nothing else
Jun 24, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
gg, o regret watching this weekly cause I hardly understood what was happening during the tests. I feel like this will get better if it gets more seasons, but for now season 1 was not as good as I thought I would be. Mainly cause I was expecting a show about climbing the tower but it ended up being about tests before they can get to the tower, but there’s nothing wrong with some world building. Hopefully gets a season 2. Overall for me 7/10. Also I love the opening and ending.
Jun 24, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
gg, o regret watching this weekly cause I hardly understood what was happening during the tests. I feel like this will get better if it gets more seasons, but for now season 1 was not as good as I thought I would be. Mainly cause I was expecting a show about climbing the tower but it ended up being about tests before they can get to the tower, but there’s nothing wrong with some world building. Hopefully gets a season 2. Overall for me 7/10. Also I love the opening and ending.
Jun 24, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2019
I don't generally call things over-hyped, but I absolutely cannot understand why this mediocre show was the talk of the season.
Jun 24, 2020 9:40 AM
Apr 2020
Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director

Mar 2013
Can't wait for Tower of God: Brotherhood or Tower x God 2011.
Apr 2020
So Rachael tried to kill Bam so he wouldn't outshine her? She never even tried to improve or even attempt the first test. She just gave up and decided to kill the only person who cares for her to see stars!!!!

Also, Khun knows what's up. He's not as brain dead as half the other characters.

Jul 2017
ah so this is the Arifureta prequel that was never shown :P

One thing I do like though, is how Bam's naivety/inadvertently ruining those around him actually has negative consequences for a change, rather than Bam being able to run away scot free

Although, I do recall hearing the common idea that "Bam at the end of the season will be a completely different person than at the beginning" except that.....wasn't the case? I guess it was kinda hinted at, and it could also have been an adaptation fault but Bam didn't really seem all that different other than that he was a little pissed

Oh well, overall I don't think it was a terrible show, got a bit toooooo shounen-y at times which I wasn't really the biggest fan of (I know it's classified as shounen but whatevs). Some characters definitely liked more than others

Bam the simp/10
Jun 24, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2020
ooooooooh what a wonderful journey it has been.............................or maybe not?
Khun, Rak and Lero ro........Reaction of these three were priceless.......Espicially Khun's.." I wish I could have met Bam before you did" .......Damn
Curse you Rachel...or Rahel or Ra......Just Die.......
Alright...Final thoughts.........I pretty much enjoyed the anime even tho everyone was saying like "just go read manhwa, it's way better"
Yeah the anime story felt really rushed but It doesn't bother me much!!
That being said..........I'm really excited for Season 2!!!
Jun 24, 2020 9:44 AM
Mar 2015
Now that this is finally over I can only say that this is a 6 or 7/10 as an anime but as an adaption it’s really a 5/10.

They removed a lot of stuff from the source material and they changed a lot of scenes. Even with this last episode, they only had to adapt 4 chapters and yet they still changed it. This is pretty frustrating to watch especially since some of scenes has implications for season 2 and yet they changed it.

But that’s all I can say. I do recommend people, if interested in TOG webtoon, to read from the beginning. They changed a lot of stuff and cut out a lot scenes. I’m pretty sure if you read from season 2 of the source material you will get confused. So if anyone is interested in reading the material, I strongly recommend to start from the beginning.
Plus, you will see how each character does have depth than what the anime has shown.
Jun 24, 2020 9:45 AM
Mar 2015
mmoraze said:
Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director Please fire that director please fire that director please fire that director

Lmaoo....I’m right with you tbh. He did a lot of things that were not good.
Jun 24, 2020 9:46 AM

May 2011
emraanash said:
they didn't explained the anime very well, couldn't make us connected with characters. this was a disappointment.

Is the webtoon is the same tone and story telling style? I want to read it but where should I start?

I'm sure most webtoon readers would advice you to read from the beginning, as I'm sure you've seen enough readers talking about how it differs from the original source (even some of the contents and details were altered). The author's drawing in S1 of the manhwa is quite lacking in the first season though, and to my knowledge, it might turn some people off if they place visual as an important factor. The storyboard is good though, and the flow is there.

For people wondering why the redhead helped Rachel, then proceed to help Bam, it's a bit of a spoiler.

Edit: Man, some of the source readers here are kinda spoiling the others without any spoiler tags. Even if it may seem subtle to you, it can still ruin the experience if they decided to pick up the manhwa. If you want people to enjoy ToG, just keep that knowledge to yourself, or at least put a spoiler tag.
jr_paperbagJun 24, 2020 9:54 AM
Jun 24, 2020 9:47 AM
Jun 2019
That was crazy such a good season finale. I am left with more questions than answers. That sneak peek at next season too so good. Time to go catch up with the webtoon. :)
Jun 24, 2020 9:52 AM
Jun 2014
cchigu said:
As a huge fan of battle shonens, ToG has been a complete disappointment. Awkward tonal shifts, hollow obnoxious your basic archetype characters and anything goes series of tests, use of unimportant disposable side characters' deaths to create tension, misplaced "nakama power" trope, a foreseeable plot twist...

Never was a fan of webtoon and the anime just made me hate the whole franchise even more. With the first 80-90 chapters worth of content One Piece and Naruto were able to make me cry multiple times, Bleach gave me goosebumps, Hunter x Hunter was able to give proper insights of its world. The only thing ToG gave me with this much content was boredom.

Maybe ToG gets better from here on out, not that it is a great feat to get better than this. Maybe it genuinely becomes a good adventure from this place. But is it worth going on a journey with these characters? With the characters that I have no attachment to?

2/5 for the episode.

3/10 for the anime.

How did the first 13 Episodes of One Piece made you cry?
Jun 24, 2020 9:54 AM

Mar 2016
There's nothing I can really say about this season. This was legit one of the worst things to come out of Spring 2020. I blame this on the chosen studio and staff members, especially the main director whom apparently has NO rep or experience in the role he was given.

Why the hell would they try to make us sympathize with Rachel? She's still a fucking snake. She's not much more than a plot device for Baam's "character development".

Khun was nice, Yuuri was badass, but the former was overshadowed and the latter had little screentime.

What a sore excuse of a series. As much as I still give credit to the webtoon source material, this half-assed adaptation is a disappointing whimper.

S2 probably in the near future, hopefully with a different studio, licensor, and animating/directing crew, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Jun 24, 2020 9:58 AM
Feb 2016
Waiting for Season 2! I hope soon!
Jun 24, 2020 10:00 AM

Aug 2015
imSOunique said:

Without spoilers, both Bam and Rachel are being used up to this point and some arcs later. The tower is very political, so it makes sense that there are "greater forces" and not only Jahad and his princesses.

As an adaptation this show is mediocre. Skipping important scenes, missing dialogues, important character choices, mediocre animation and Bam´s voice is horrible. Still, the art is good and the music was cool. Even if it fails as to adapt, I mean the last episode was cool.

Hyped to see JVG at the end, let´s hope they put more effort on a second season (because it will need way more than 13 episodes honestly).
Jun 24, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2012
Well as an anime only, this episode was somewhat better than the other ones. It felt really rushed as always and felt like lots of details were missing. I cant decide if this is a 5/10 or 6/10 right now. If i just rate by this last episode, its a 6/10. But...

Didn't feel any connection to any of the characters throughout the series. Didn't feel any excitement in any scene either. Animation was mediocre to bad. Even the character relationships felt flat and fake. Interactions were kept to a minimum.

Opening and general ost was nice tho. Voice acting was okay as well. The red head girl we saw at the end and Endorsi were pretty cute. These are the only positives i can think of.

I think i will stay with a 5/10 on this.
ShadzzoJun 24, 2020 10:04 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2020 10:01 AM
Mar 2017
Does anyone think The Animation looks a bit different at the last Scene? They might go with the polished art style of the webtoon season 2, in the second season of the anime!!
Jun 24, 2020 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
Fuck This director

this episode is just like 95% original scene and its not even better than original source
Jun 24, 2020 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
Honestly, I found this anime really weak for the most part and then this episode was 180 degree turn - it was great. Now I finally want to see what happens next, but duh, it ended.
Looking at Khun's words, I wonder how much he already understands.

Let's hope for S2.
Jun 24, 2020 10:06 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
kiraqt said:
How did the first 13 Episodes of One Piece made you cry?
I was comparing the first 80 or 90 chapters of the webtoon to the first 80 or 90 chapters of One Piece. OP had Baratie and Arlong Park, both of them made me cry.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 24, 2020 10:08 AM

Apr 2020
"Wait for the next week, you will hate Rachel for sure".
I waited, the show is still crap to me.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 24, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2020
So there prologue has changed me to an end. It was a decent adaptation with great Soundtrack, unique artstyle and fine animation. Overall Score 7.5(ish)out of 10.

And damn I need Season 2 real badly, hoping Crunchyroll announces soon
Jun 24, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2014
The one who had it all yet gave it away to become the chicken that lays the golden egg itself. Rachel's betrayal and savagery was well portrayed.
All those hype build about destiny and the conclusion to the first season was damn good. Can't wait for the next season. That Viole tease was too good. Gotta reread the continuation to this adaptation.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 24, 2020 10:16 AM
Nov 2008
Worst ending ever. Behead rahel.
Jun 24, 2020 10:18 AM

Jun 2019
Fuck Rachel. The last episode of the season... ngl to me it was pretty boring like we got all the fuckin' flashback just a bit of that bitch Rachel. I don't care about that bitch. I expected much more of the final episode.
Fuck that mf SIMP... still wants that bitch. It was going well for me but I expected much more of this episode as so I was so hyped for it. But fuck... it was boring.
Now I'll wait for the second season to see if it'll get better Or maybe I'll read the manhwa.. idk
4/10
Pre_YumJun 24, 2020 10:27 AM
Jun 24, 2020 10:19 AM
Jan 2019
This was damn awesome! I like Rak so much. Khun and Rak are good characters. Damn, I finally get it, why everyone hates Rachel. She’s like a gross slimy snake, the same as Bitch. I hope she dies. And don’t tell me that everyone gonna help Rachel climb the tower now.
Give me a break!
I have kind of feeling Bam’s been betrayed by everyone. I really looking forward to when I’ll see him growing stronger. I have so many questions about Bam. Like who he really is, what’s the power which sleeping inside him. The biggest question I have is why is Bam called 25th? Well, I’m really curious. Next, I plan to read manga and of
course I can’t wait for the 2nd season.
Jun 24, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2019
This was pretty awful. I only enjoyed it because I read the webcomic years ago, idk how this managed to get such a high score on MAL. Adaptation made it look like worse HXH, an impression I never got by reading the webcomic. I guess that happens when you compact +50 chapters in 13 episodes.

Jun 24, 2020 10:23 AM
Mar 2020
Overated and Overhyped. Honestly i hope this will never get 2nd season. Just stop adapting korean manhwa. Just let anime about manga only please.

Even if this is just a promotion anime, what a waste of money. People not gonna buy the manhwa. Everyone reading it online and illegally.

as a webtoon reader this is too rushed. anime only watchers confused with terrible plot. Cheap animation. 1/10
Jun 24, 2020 10:25 AM

Aug 2008
I was watching this episode with one eye open, fighting drowsiness. This series was unbelievably dull for something so overhyped but this episode really topped it off. First half was dragging on for so damn long without any need. One scene was enough to convey what kind of plot device Rachel is. Rest of them was as interesting and necessary as a stain on a floor.

All in all, it was a huge waste of time, unless other popular webtoon adaptations will be on a similar level. Then it was a good deterrent because I'm staying away from them now.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 24, 2020 10:27 AM

Jun 2016
This anime needs to be remade by a competent studio and NOT by this trash studio.
Jun 24, 2020 10:33 AM
Jan 2012
About the quality of the adaptation, i'm pretty sure this is the 'trial' and because of that budget was limited and can improve for the next seasons if they come to be.
Jun 24, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
That was a REALLY GREAT ANIME! Looks like I will jump on that Manhwa....is what I want to say.

BUUUT, Can I say a Giant FUCK YOU! To the Manhwa fans who wouldn't shut up about Rachel and the Hints way before this episode! (You know who you are, ones been "hinting" at this part since the first trailer reveal)

Ruining what a awesome impact that it would have gave me for her backstab and reasoning behind it. For now I'll back off the Manhwa for a while and return later this year I don't know...

8/10 Maybe a bit overhyped at the beginning but I can tell by the end that I'm in for more of a ride should I continue the story in the Manhwa.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

466 by code77x99 »»
Oct 3, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

603 by code77x99 »»
Oct 3, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marinate1016 - May 6, 2020

315 by TrippyPepper »»
Sep 11, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 10, 2020

211 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyle_Kirchner - Jun 3, 2020

262 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.