Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 13, 2012 6:39 PM

Jan 2012
It's hard not to love this anime. It's so lighthearted and funny. You really love the whole Host Club by the end of the series.
HaruhixTamaki
Feb 18, 2012 9:06 PM

Feb 2012
ive just finished this serie! love it, it was a trip, full of emotions, amusement and tenderness. Ohh, i really hope they do one second season
Feb 19, 2012 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
WHERE'S THE FINAL KISS???? DAMN IT WHERE IS THE FINAL KISS!!!!

D:: I want my clichés

wish they would make a second season :'( fool's hope.
Feb 19, 2012 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
LLawlietFan said:
The last arc bumped the score for this back up to a 9 for me, I really enjoyed it. Though I have to say, I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see a kiss.

YOU'RE SO RIGHT!!!

okay sorry I'm overreacting here a little x) just watched the final episode.
Mar 8, 2012 8:10 PM

May 2009
I had such a good time watching this series. The humor was brilliant and the characters were lovable. Anime comedy at its best! 8/10
Mar 25, 2012 12:26 PM
Mar 2012
loved that episode! but now, does EVERYBODY knows haruhi is a woman?
Apr 9, 2012 7:06 AM

Apr 2011
Really enjoyed this anime, made me laugh alot; yet had some serious parts to it. Big let down that there was no kiss scene.. u.u. To think I was getting all worked up for the last episode to see a kiss scene or romantic confession.. Bah what a lame ending Q.Q D<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2012 7:02 PM

Dec 2011
LLawlietFan said:
The last arc bumped the score for this back up to a 9 for me, I really enjoyed it. Though I have to say, I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see a kiss.

Well put.

I rather enjoyed this fun anime overall. As LLawlietFan said the last arc bumped up the series and wrapped up the series rather well. Though I understand why.. I am disappointed that we didn't get to see a kiss as well.

I'd support a second season if they made one but we know there wont be one...

Jun 28, 2012 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
Dat ending was epic as hell. Great finale! :D
Aug 8, 2012 10:27 PM

Apr 2011
Quite enjoyed this final episode, was a great ending to an awesome show 10/10
Nov 2, 2012 11:21 PM

Oct 2012
What happened to Tamaki's grandma in the end? I haven't seen any disentanglement about this point.

And:
Does the manga go on with the story? I haven't read it yet. Is it different? Which volume / chapter is the end of episode #26?
Edit: I've found it: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=128344
Chapter 40, right?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=947
-> end of vol. 9 - and the manga finishes with vol. 18. How amazing - I still have much to read! Yaaaaay!
But should I read the first volumes anyway to get the manga story? Is it different?

SalvinaNov 2, 2012 11:44 PM
Nov 5, 2012 10:48 AM

Oct 2011
very nice anime, one of the funniest animes i've seen so far..
but where was the haru x tama kiss? :( they would have deserved it.. best would've been a kiss in front of everyone and then they get considered as the beautiful gay couple from the host club :P

so all in all a really nice anime, just lacking a single kiss between haruhi and tamaki :)
Nov 15, 2012 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
Enjoyable overall. I disliked the ending. It just felt forced, overly dramatic, and poorly planned. Not to mention it was lacking the charm that made the series enjoyable in the first place.

Minus those last two episodes I laughed and had fun the rest of the time. 9/10
Mar 13, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
I absolutely love the series <3
Mar 16, 2013 1:59 PM
Mar 2013
great anime, the funniest i've watched, though i think the last episode needed a kiss between haruhi and tamaki. if there's more on in the manga, then i'm going to read it
Mar 27, 2013 7:12 AM

Mar 2013
I'm definitely pro HaruhixHikaru.
Though I didn't like past two episodes, the last one was great.
May 13, 2013 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
I love how Haruhi took action during the ending, she didn't just wait for things to turn out well. Other things I like about this episode: The whole entire thing, especially the conversation between Haruhi and her dad. (Who is seriously awesome, I'm pretty sure he didn't have one lame moment in the whole entire show.)
10/10
Sep 5, 2013 6:09 PM

May 2013
Great serie -1 for the ending 9/10 for me
Oct 6, 2013 1:07 PM

Dec 2007
first half 8/10
second half 4/10

this episode 1/10
Nov 21, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
At the bridge part I really thought they were going to kiss -_-...But why hug instead?! Overall a pretty good anime 7.6/10

Dec 19, 2013 1:02 AM

Oct 2013
Great series, the character development was great as well, i really enjoyed this anime, but unfortunately there wasn't a kiss scene not even a bit , i was expecting more romance aspects, and it'd be great if haruhi ended up with either Tamaki or Kyoya instead of shoujo Harem ending but it's forgivable since it's so entertaining

Overall score 8/10 would give it 9/10 if there was a kiss scene >.<
Jan 14, 2014 8:13 AM

Nov 2013
I wish Haruhi had ended up with someone (namely, Tamaki). I mean the hug was nice, but still...
Overall it was a pretty good anime and I enjoyed it a lot 8/10.
Jan 24, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2013
It was a really good series, I'd put it at around an 8.5. With an anime that was this popular, I am quite shocked that a sequel has never been picked up.

If I was to name a preferred match up, I think I would go Haruhi x Kyoka. I'm not really sure why, but they seem like a good couple to me. Their kids would be fucking geniuses.
Feb 22, 2014 7:46 PM

Oct 2013
I liked how it concluded but definitely incomplete. I wish they had a season 2 :o
Feb 23, 2014 9:52 PM
May 2013
This was nice, it made me smile through the episodes and sometimes laugh, I specially liked Haruhi's remarks, Renge's flashy appearances and Tamaki wich was a really funny character. The last 2 eps were bad, but the rest was good with some well directed/animated scenes, my favorites ones were the 10 (funnier), 12, 18, 24 and the first one. Overall very enjoyable.
Mar 2, 2014 1:10 AM

Jul 2009
WOW what an episode!!!

Even though the series at first were full of fillers that made me delay each episode as it goes on(started last Febuary and now just finish this March)

Still i wish we had more episodes from episode 23-26.

And wow, so Tamaki's grandmother is still holding on to the deal after all these years O___O

Haruhi is beautiful with long hair, but she fits much perfectly with short hair!

Wow Haninozuka and Takashi kick Kyoya's police force like that!! I also tend to forget that using guns in Japan is illegal so only close quarter combat is only possible.

Wow Kaoru that was reckless of you! At least he's okay and only suffered a fracture arm.

Glad Ranka's advice got through Haruhi's head! When Haruhi hailed the horses that was an amazing moment from her!!!

And Haruhi riding in that bridge is dangerous as hell, If this were from Key you would know well that this would have been a major accident for sure.

And Ecclair even tried to stop Tamaki from going towards Haruhi, but she knows Haruhi is the one Tamaki loves ^^

When Tamaki jumped and got Haruhi's hand and hugged towards the river, Best scene in the whole series!!

Eclair is an interesting character. I thought she was only a spoiled rich kid who loves to get everything she wants, no matter what it costs.

Also Eclair is an anime only character, i read the main synopsis of the manga and wow they really changed a few things from the manga.

Like how in manga there was more to the dating episode with Kaoru and Haruhi than what was presented in the anime version.

So Eclair knew Tamaki's mother as a house keeper huh? Manga is way different though and Eclair doesn't exists.

Wow so Kyoya was saving a lot of money in case he would use it for an emergency like this in the near future!

Love the ballroom dance at night!! Poor Kaoru with his arm being fractured and all.

Lol Tamaki and Kyoya's father fighting to get Haruhi's to their side!!

Finally it's now Haruhi on the chair and now presenting the club without any awkwardness or being shy at all :)

I really enjoyed the series!! even though i delayed the series a month or so since i first watched, the last few episode really got me hook!!

Still the manga has a lot of material that can be animated, I wish for a second season!!! There's so much they can cover like Tamaki's mother and what happened to her, and who was the one that finally managed to confess to Haruhi and got accepted in the end.

I'm tempted to buy the whole manga box set from right stuff.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/zSdzzHxbk3BJNqMj0L/browse/item/95707/4/0/0

I would give this an 8/10 due to the fillers dragging things down, but with the last few episodes, I'm now giving this series an 9/10!!!

Tamaki X Haruhi Forever!!!!

We need more Ouran KouKou Host Club!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2014 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
What an epic ending.

I wanted a romantic conclusion between Haruhi and Tamaki, but I guess it wouldn't have fit in the whole Ouran Club guy atmosphere. BUT I WOULD HAVE WANTED A SEQUEL GODDAMNIT :(

So as I thought, Éclair made him feel guilty for his friend and said that he could see his mom if he married her.

That carriage chase was really epic, especially the scene where Tamaki jump in the water. That was uber cute :3

Maybe I'm gonna check the manga. I heard that they go way farther than the anime do. Still, it was really a great anime, lot of touching scene and hilarious comedy. Maybe in the future a studio will make a project of doing a remake or a sequel, I hope so.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2014 11:49 AM

Nov 2012
Creepy shoujo

Still pretty enjoyable I give 7/10
May 9, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END ;_;
Jun 12, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive ending I must say, quite enjoyed that bridge scene, and well in the end it was a good end, sadly no love confession but still very lovely! 8/10
Jun 27, 2014 9:59 AM

Sep 2013
Its kinda overrated, no better than Special A.

I kinda liked it though, really gave me a lot of laughs. 7/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 2, 2014 7:00 AM
Jun 2014
Yes. Like most of the people, I too am not not satisfied with the ending. Yes, I agree that it was decent, but their chemistry was not shown clearly. I felt like two good friends who don't want to be separated met once again at the right moment.
Jul 19, 2014 2:05 AM

May 2012
Eh, I wasn't that into this anime so it took me a few months to finish it. It brought me some laughs from time to time but it wasn't exactly consistent in quality with some of the episodes being hard to get through. I actually ended up liking the drama aspect more. Particularly felt bad for Hikaru and Kaoru which is funny because they were also the ones who made me laugh the most. 6/10
Aug 14, 2014 11:43 PM

Mar 2014
The fact that there was no Haruhi x Tameki at the end left me kinda sad. Overall an enjoyable series tho.
Sep 13, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 2014
Ouran is a enjoyable series that has good stories.

It showed the backgrounds of all the main characters. Besides that the show also has a nice group of supporting characters. In the very beginning I wasn't planning on watching it, but later I saw a 'funny moment'-clip of it and pure for the comedy I started watching it. Later, when I was watching it, I found out about their characters, the roles they play in the club and their different backgrounds.

The ending was also good. It wasn't really the most epic anime ending, but it gave satisfaction to me and makes me even hope there will be more episodes in the future on OHSHC.

I give the anime: 7.4
+ Unique and funny characters.
+ Has good comedy.
+ Good work with the different backstories.

- The ending can seen as cliché.

(Wouldn't recommend it for people who don't like 'traps', crossdressing or harem.)
Nov 29, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2014
Wow. Did not expect much from this anime, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Dec 14, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
LolitaDecay said:
A really really great ending. I wish there'd be a kiss though.
Yeah, seemed a little flat without it even if I don't ship them. Of the canon chars, I tend toward one of the twins, tho I have trouble deciding which. Tho she's awesome enough, she might be able to pull both. ;3

Not joining in the chorus of "SEASON 2 WHEN?!" but I'd probly watch it eventually if it came around.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Jan 8, 2015 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Best (reverse) harem i have ever seen really liked haruhi and how she handles other host and her self confidence, for more romance ill need to go and read some manga, but dont think it will happen fast (better they make 2nd season to save me from reading)
Mar 16, 2015 4:06 PM

Mar 2014
Aw, is that it? ):

And yeahh Haruhi and Tamakiii <3
Mar 29, 2015 10:27 PM

Jun 2013
If they are all waiting for our arrival, then in the end we're the ones waiting. *cries* This is such a beautiful and hilarious anime. Tamaki and Haruhi forever. <3

LOL @ Kyouya grabbing Haruhi's hand before Tamaki could even dance with her. Then after dancing with her, Kyouya pushed her towards Tamaki, and it's their turn to bond each other.

So Kyouya's and Tamaki's father are finally friends. They just want to be close just like their sons' friendship. But lol, those parents want their sons to be Haruhi's future husband. I would like to see those fathers supporting their sons to get Haruhi and trashtalking each other. LOLOLOLOL.

I simply love all the characters in the Host Club. Honey-senpai is cute, but badass at the same time. Same with Mori-senpai. Hikaru and Kaoru are adorable twins. I love Kyouya-senpai's personality, and his evilness makes me laugh so hard and he is one of the reasons why I love megane characters. Tamaki-senpai is hilarious (his stupidity, lololol), cheerful, protective, kind, friendly and handsome guy. That's why I love him so much. And Haruhi is a character that some girls just want to be like her. It's because the good-looking guys really love her as a friend and at the same time they have feelings for her. Not only that, she's also intelligent and thoughtful person.

I just wish I have true and loyal friends like them. This anime is epic. <3
Apr 16, 2015 1:43 AM

Sep 2014
No kiss?

No relationship development?

A 26 episode tease?

fucking dicks
Apr 19, 2015 12:56 AM
Oct 2012
This is the second time I've seen the series, & I think I liked it even more this time around. The only part that sucks is the ending, the last episode is terrible. The manga wraps everything up really well though, so I can forgive them for that. I love this show so much!
Jul 4, 2015 8:51 AM
May 2015
OMG this anime is amazing i loved this episode so much although i am a little sad it ended here.I wish there was a second season≧▽≦
Oct 17, 2015 4:22 AM

Jan 2015
Loved the finale
Nov 10, 2015 9:01 PM

Oct 2015
MiluMilu said:
I loved it. But where&#039;s the kiss? o.o
I hope they make a second season. ^^

Season 2 is never come, even the L.A. launch in 2011
Jan 4, 2016 6:12 AM

Jun 2015
The character growth in this show was awesome. Wish there would be another season.
:)
Jan 30, 2016 11:23 PM

Mar 2015
I really loved this ending, it pulled the anime to a good conclusion. I really wish there would've been a kiss between Tamaki and Haruhi though!! All in all, the ending was super cute and i really like how Kyoya was able to prove himself to his irritating father. I like how they showed Haruhi's emotion in the end because throughout the series she doesn't admit the love she has for being with the host club and I think the end really helped get that through. This was a nice, fun and cute series, I'd definitely recommend it.

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴? 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Apr 3, 2016 12:40 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
So glad I read the manga first. It was nice to compare the anime and manga, but I prefer the manga. The last two episodes were a bit different on where they had the festival. I thought there was gonna be a kissing scene, but that's why I prefer the manga. 9/10

May 14, 2016 12:46 PM

Feb 2010
I wanted there to be more of an advancement of Tamaki & Haruhi, but I LOVED the show, nonetheless.

What a truly unique and wonderful show. 9/10
Jun 8, 2016 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
4/5

Good series, but some of the episodes were meh, and the last couple of episodes are profoundly melodramatic.

7/10 for the show overall.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

theeggman85 - Nov 13, 2008

62 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 7, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

theeggman85 - Nov 12, 2008

55 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 7, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 12 Discussion

Kenkei - Sep 7, 2008

47 by JVskunkape »»
Sep 7, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jun 25, 2008

67 by ReMightyRon »»
Aug 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 17 Discussion

shinigami034 - Nov 16, 2008

45 by LunaLov »»
Jul 23, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.