Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 25, 2020 6:14 PM
Jan 2017
My Next Life as a Villainess delivers yet another fantastic episode! Katarina faces her biggest challenge yet as she begins her education at her magical academy and meets Maria, the heroine of the game. I'm interested to see how her relationship will develop throughout the show. I've been enjoying the character writing in this show and this episode opens up a lot of possibilities for both Katarina and Maria. This show is really knocking it out of the park and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
animejas said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

Seems like you're more dense than Bakarina, because the appeal is so obvious you should at least get why people are enjoying it so much despite not liking

I won't deny that. I've generally been a bit dense with times like these, but it doesn't change that I still don't get whats fun about this. The guys and even the MC isn't fun for me, and the jokes don't hit so I'm still somewhat searching.

I'm with you. It's OK and I love the idea behind it all but the jokes just aren't hitting. Not only that I just don't feel the doom building at all.
Apr 25, 2020 7:21 PM

Aug 2016
The best girl finally appears.
Apr 25, 2020 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
Another super fun episode!
This series has turned out to be such a pleasant surprise!
Apr 25, 2020 7:29 PM

Jan 2019
Once again, this show has no business being as good as it is! It's the isekai formula done to perfection, while still subverting the genre and providing something new.

This show is truly the hidden gem of the season. It feels like its one perfect moment away from breaking into the mainstream and dominating the discourse this season.
Apr 25, 2020 7:50 PM
Apr 2020
Fuck Gerald... I ship Bakarina x Maria.
Apr 25, 2020 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
some ppls aren't liking the show, this mostly is because you guys probably never heard or played "Dating Sim" Games before.

All the jokes and flags this series are all based on those Dating Sim Games.

(there are all kinds of games tho, Female lead, Male lead, or both, mixed, etc etc)

This series is based on "Otome" aka "Girl/ Gal", meaning it's a game targeted toward female audience as the main character is a female lead that gather male harem.

The Twist in this series is, Bakarina turns the game around and tries to gather all harem and change their "routes" so she can avoid her "death flag"

Death Flag meaning "The End", where the character goes into a bad end, of either something terrible happens or literal "Death".

Routes meaning the "target" where you want the game to ends up as or with. (in this series, Bakarina basically takes the routes of other MCs as her own, lol)
amlgApr 25, 2020 8:45 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 25, 2020 9:06 PM
Nov 2010
I'm really loving this series. Despite the fact that she's trying to avoid death and doom flags- she's just dorky and impulsiveness to be hilarious. That moment when she picked up the muffin off the ground with those beady squirrel eyes then took a bite was so hilarious.

Her monologues in her head are the best. I love the Catarina with the moustache. xD
Apr 25, 2020 9:16 PM
Aug 2019
Is no one going to talk about the student council president
yuterpeApr 26, 2020 8:38 PM
Apr 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode.
The cake scene was really great.

Catarina is crazy for sweets omg, if she continues like this she will die because of diabetes and not because someone killed her xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 25, 2020 9:38 PM
Sep 2017
yuterpe said:
Is no ne going to talk about the student council president

I think it is because the talk will become a spoiler talk
Apr 25, 2020 9:43 PM

Nov 2018
darkling692 said:
coreynj said:
Uhhhh, how did she score 80th place when there's only 56 names on the board?

Maybe the only show the best 56 students so not to shame the others. XD

Actually in terms of grading score, she is a below average.
Reason: Just wait in a few episodes
Apr 25, 2020 9:44 PM

Jan 2019
I kind of regret reading the manga first. Episode 4 is decent but the jokes don't land as well as they should compared to the manga :/ I just can't help compare the two aughhh

Still loving the OP though :D
SakeyanoApr 25, 2020 10:27 PM

animeanimeanime

Apr 25, 2020 10:39 PM

Mar 2017
Geord's face when he saw his beloved fiance seducing Maria unintentionally LOL

I guess they didn't include the part when Geord said "Be careful, there's a dreadful harem" to Maria.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 25, 2020 10:46 PM

Nov 2016
Catarina x Alan is going to happen and no one can stop it.
Iwas legit smiling every single time Maria was in the screen
AlvaritoterreosApr 25, 2020 10:52 PM
Apr 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Jun 2013
animejas said:
I'm still failing to understand the appeal of this show. Even with my brain completely turned off, it's still really damn unfunny for me, but it's even got my roommate chuckling a bit. Shame I'm stuck with seeing this with her cause I'd have dropped this in a heartbeat otherwise.

Why don't you just drop it instead of complaining here every week there's an episode? Let your roommate watch on her own. It's obviously not catered to your tastes. Stop torturing yourself and watch something else that actually appeals to you. I'm sure you wouldn't complain if the MC was a useless guy with a harem of big titty women.

Review of the episode:

Hamefura is definitely one of my favorite shows for this season. I enjoy watching Bakarina fail to understand everything that is happening. Her being kind to others have made them grow in a positive way. Despite her supposedly being the main antagonist, her wanting to avoid a doom ending has shown her kindness. That same kindness is allowing the other characters to become different people or rather be in touch with a side of themselves that probably would not have been explored if they followed the original plot of the game.
臭い-
Apr 25, 2020 10:52 PM

Sep 2009
GotGame said:
Personally, I only have one complaint...

Apr 25, 2020 11:14 PM

Dec 2010
When I heard Hayami's voice I screamed like a little girl lol

I hope to see more of her.
Apr 25, 2020 11:37 PM

Mar 2008
Maria is too precious for this world.

I wasn't sure about the time skip but it's okay so far.
Apr 25, 2020 11:50 PM

Sep 2018
It's getting better and better every episode, quite entertaining
Apr 25, 2020 11:59 PM
Apr 2020
I’m so sad that this anime will be 12 episodes only 😭
Apr 26, 2020 12:07 AM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
I love this girl.. I love this villainess..

No wonder Prince Gerald doesn't want to give up his engagement with Katarina. The prince truly has some good taste.

Putting that aside, this episode shines amid the shows of the season. For starters, I feel that this series is doing a good job of displaying the paranoia that comes with knowing one's future. The moment that Katarina shared with her brother where she was questioning him on falling in love with the protagonist was not only an adorable scene but encapsulated this desperation. It's good that she remains vigilant in terms of avoiding a bad end but I'm sure that, if my gut is correct, her worrying about her fate too much might have an opposite effect on her outcome. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but still regardless good on this series.

Through everything that she did up to this point she uprooted the foundations of the game itself. Gerald seems to be interested in her rather then the protag, Alan might even start eyeing her considering how she solved his inferiority complex, protag herself is going to be friends with her.

Now that I think about it, I know just how this whole situation can be flipped. Everybody starts looking at Katarina as if she was the protag and then they start fighting with each other over her. Oh god if that happens.. Katarina don't mess up! Stay alive with that farm of yours!
Apr 26, 2020 12:43 AM
Mar 2019
animejas said:
I'm still failing to understand the appeal of this show. Even with my brain completely turned off, it's still really damn unfunny for me, but it's even got my roommate chuckling a bit. Shame I'm stuck with seeing this with her cause I'd have dropped this in a heartbeat otherwise.

I agree, except i "do" understand the appeal (Pretty sure it's just that it's a "female" protag, and she's dumb and somehow gaining an impromptu harem.), it's just man, every character's just annoying the heck out of me, and for that reason, i can't find the comedy funny. Also her denseness is beyond even what a "male" protagonist would have, to a point where i just can't find "her" funny, because she's just plain stupid!

And i personally don't like yuri, probably the only anime fan with that opinion, lol.

Pretty much the only reasons i'm watching it, is because of the original story, and i want to see what ends up happening to her. (Also the amazing op and ed!)
Apr 26, 2020 12:48 AM

Mar 2017
Finally Maria shows up, and oh my god she's voiced by Hayami Saori. I've been waiting for her appearance, she's just so cuuute. ♥
And of course she's immediately sucked into Bakarina's ever-expanding harem.

'nom'
Apr 26, 2020 1:52 AM

Jul 2017
Bakarina is off to magic school...and so, BEGINS the otome game! Time to ruin those doom flags!

As usual, Keith is as protective for Katarina going anywhere, even fiancee Prince Geordo's place. May the game's heroine, Maria Campbell, shine forth to shake our adorable dense villainness to shreds!

Still at the very beginning, but Katarina doesn't wait at the most opportune to start her plans with experience drawn from the game. And slowly but surely Maria makes her way into Katarina's heart as well (which damn fine lady, you already have a harem and now a +1? WOW!).

With the game route adjourned from Prince Geordo and Maria, one doom flag: DOWN. More to come!
Apr 26, 2020 2:32 AM

Jan 2018
GotGame said:
Personally, I only have one complaint...

Same here :c
(maybe as an extra or ova in the future?)
Apr 26, 2020 2:58 AM

Nov 2017
I loveed this episode. It was hilarious and so cute. Things literally turn out to be better and better!

plz @ me
Apr 26, 2020 3:16 AM

Oct 2017
Katarina is sooooo dense, she's raising flags left and right but she still thinks she's in danger.

Lol Katarina thinks Maria is cuter than her but I find her much more prettier than Maria.

I'm really loving Katarina's character so far, she might become one of my favs by the end of this season.
Apr 26, 2020 4:20 AM

Apr 2012
feck the whole harem i want her to end up with maria
Apr 26, 2020 4:53 AM

Jul 2017
Bibimbapski said:

Why don't you just drop it instead of complaining here every week there's an episode? Let your roommate watch on her own. It's obviously not catered to your tastes. Stop torturing yourself and watch something else that actually appeals to you. I'm sure you wouldn't complain if the MC was a useless guy with a harem of big titty women.

Well, we're watching seasonals together. Only ones we're dropping are shows we both dislike and give up on. And, I'm not a fan of harems like that where everyone is just dumb and useless. That's why I don't like most harems.
Apr 26, 2020 5:07 AM

Mar 2019
Good episode, Catarina is doing great at dodging the death flags
Apr 26, 2020 5:08 AM
Nov 2015
animejas said:
Bibimbapski said:

Well, we're watching seasonals together. Only ones we're dropping are shows we both dislike and give up on. And, I'm not a fan of harems like that where everyone is just dumb and useless. That's why I don't like most harems.

Dump and useless ?

Excuse me what ? Every damn anime / all anime sidekick is just regular supporting character okay.

Mc is mc main characters from how you talking basically new to anime.

First time ?
Apr 26, 2020 5:08 AM
Nov 2015
animejas said:
Bibimbapski said:

Dump and useless ?

Excuse me what ? Every damn anime / all anime sidekick is just regular supporting character okay.

First time ? Oh I get it bait bot account this is Mal after all.
Apr 26, 2020 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
redcobra said:

Dump and useless ?

First time ? Oh I get it bait bot account this is Mal after all.

I'm just not a fan of a majority of ecchi-harems. Simple as that. And for this one which is the complete reverse, I'm not a fan of it either.
Apr 26, 2020 6:02 AM

Oct 2019
Seems like dating maria is the answer to avoid a bad ending for catarina
sodzenMay 23, 2020 11:00 AM
dunno me baka aho

Apr 26, 2020 6:37 AM

Feb 2014
Katarina might be pretty dense, but she's a complete natural when it comes to growing her impressive harem. Not just all of our princes, but also the charming ladies, too. Maria was no exception as she got along really well with Katarina during this episode.

Not only did Katarina enjoy the biscuits that Maria made, but she took over Geordo's position as Maria's saviour from the jealous bitches who detested her lovely looking muffins and the fact that she's a commoner. What a role reversal indeed. XD

The other characters have developed well and different to what they should be like in the original game, with Alan much more relaxed and easy to talk to, Keith not acting like a playboy, but is overprotective of Katarina and weary of Geordo at the same time.

As for the girls, Sophia remains a cute sweetheart, whereas Maria is this show's most likely candidate for a yuri ship between her and Katarina if things go her way. Sorry Alan, but I don't mind shipping these two girls together if it ever happens! ^_^
Apr 26, 2020 7:07 AM

Mar 2010
I love this so muuuch. Katarina basically advances by beaming positive energy.
Apr 26, 2020 8:18 AM
Jul 2015
The trademark Saori Hayami voice is there. Very mature yet gentle.

However,
I sensed that her voice might sound a bit too old for Maria Campbell (?)
Apr 26, 2020 8:44 AM

Dec 2013
Just when I think the show can't get any better Saori Hayami shows up.
Apr 26, 2020 9:03 AM
Jul 2015
i see someone is a serious dicc i mean sirius dicc... ARRGGGGHHHH i mean sirius dieke
Apr 26, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2019
I can't wait for the moment when Catarina realises she's built a huge harem and turned herself into the protgonist by sheer force and a big ass stomach haha.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 26, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2014
Great episode. I lol'ed when she ate all the cupcakes off the ground. I love Catarina!
Apr 26, 2020 11:36 AM
Oct 2019
i Love those yuri those misunderstandings, and why i suspect about the student council.
BlaMaGi03Apr 26, 2020 11:39 AM
Apr 26, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2015
LMAO the scene where Geordo found Catarina holding Maria's hands were gold and I love Catarina's inner thoughts whenever she was mesmerized with Maria's beauty, it's actually making Maria more appealing

Apr 26, 2020 12:39 PM
Dec 2018
Here we go again, two chapters of the manga, still it surprises me that they introduced Sirius much earlier. Again where are my black clouds?! Still it was understandable that Gerald doesn't want Keith to interfere with his time with Cata.One thing that it was removed was when Keith and Gerald were discussing about the meeting with Maria and she try to climb a tree, in the manga when they were thinking about that, they imagine Cata saying "I'm basically a tree-climbing pro so this is nothing yo" which made funnier.

For those who are thinking about Cata being dense, it is understandable because the only objective she has now is survive and have a happy ending, she doesn't want to thinking about being in love with someone because that will interfere with her plans, also she was determined to have a simple life with a cat on her knees.

Best girl!
Apr 26, 2020 12:46 PM
Apr 2020
Yeyyyy i am so happyyyyy!!! Cant wait for more!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 26, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
This show is wholesome to watch. Bakarina's completed her harem now and I am absolutely down for a harem ending.
Apr 26, 2020 2:12 PM

Dec 2019
It seems like Katarina's completed harem has finally been set!

Amazing episode, I wonder what path this is going to take since the route is different from the Otome Game.

Loved the fact that they picked Saori to voice the main heroine, it kinda reminded me of Shirayuki.
Apr 26, 2020 3:01 PM

Feb 2008
So Katarina wants to avoid doom as the villainess by not doing the evil things she would do in the game.

Instead she schemes on how she can clam jam the heroine while acting nice.

Oh boy, I feel this is going to backfire hard. She's kind of being a different kind of evil.

I feel like just trying to become a genuine decent person would be enough for people to not want to exile or kill you.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Katarina.

Apr 26, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
MichaelJackson said:
I cant believe Im actually enjoying an anime series about a girl cockblocking everybody.

exactly what I was going to say
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

195 by Ravenisbi »»
Jul 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

136 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

126 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

130 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

157 by removed-user »»
Jun 20, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.