Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 1, 2020 4:25 PM
Feb 2018
I have a theory Narihisago well is different than any other well because of the motives he did kill the challenger in cold blood (something I over look if I was his coworker) out of grief not for pleasure like the serial killer or Hondomachi who from the start had a curiosity about the Id wells plus he saved a life has the challenger had another victim waiting in his death arena this what I believe caused a Mizuhanome chair to appear in his well and the well within the well the tortured dreams of Kaeru/Kiki and Narihisago quest to end the serial killers before they kill to give her some peace is him wanting to get to everyone in time that just can not happen or go full minority report and arrest people for thought crimes. the whole focus of the mizuhanome and the unit built around it is to stop serial killer that most likely have at least a couple of bodies to their name so in a sense to do their jobs innocent must die or come very close like Hondomachi a cruel twist of fate for those sworn to protect.
Mar 1, 2020 4:32 PM
Feb 2018
I really think Takuhiko is John walker Narihisago id well particles in Momki house had to take some skill and knowledge beside the inventor of the mizuhanome that missing (I believe) he most likely the one with the most knowledge as most of the tech on the team seem to only know the basic even Momoki and Tougou the head chief the only one other than the builder that could be back dooring his way into the system but my money on he dead and the head chief as some block to keep them from getting id well particles from him or the areas that would have the particles
Mar 1, 2020 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
Turns out they were in Narihisago's well the entire time, I gotta say, I didn't see that coming. Anaido/Fukuda really is one conniving son of a gun and just kinda broke the system with the whole "I remember everything." bit.

The montage of Narihisago's past got a few tears out of me, I knew it was gonna happen but that didn't make it any easier.

Considering Sakaido/Narihisago is stuck, it looks like it's up to Hondomachi to help Kura from here. I'm really excited to see where the series goes from here and I'm hoping they can tie up the ending nicely.
โ€จโ€จ

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ง’๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž.

โ€จ
Mar 1, 2020 5:15 PM

Jun 2013
fuck that was just epic and the flashback was so sad.
Mar 1, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2016
Top tier episode. This show was already amazing, but this is the equivalent of that Demon Slayer episode from last season --- the one who pushed it to the top.

Whenever happiness is destroyed, it is always a tragedy.

Mar 1, 2020 5:59 PM
Apr 2018
Best episode so far! I cried ugly during the flashback of Narihisago's family. And I was left on the edge of my seat when that twist happened.

I'm so happy that there are so many comments here. People finally showing interest in this show.
Mar 1, 2020 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
i wanted to believe but i guess some dreams really are too good to become true seriously spent what 2 years in the span of 10mins

what a tragedy to be robbed of that , Narihisago living the true bad ending for forever

even if this show is really hard to watch glad i stuck with it it's really good
Mar 1, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Well - we just got our big Inception moment this episode. Also, while that wasn't quite at the same level of the First Few Minutes of Up with the flashback at the middle of the episode... it was pretty damn close.
Mar 1, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2012
phantomfandom said:
I actually think about recent anime film that reveal everything was just a dream in the last ten seconds... yes, last ten seconds after credit, with no foreshadowing hint at all.

What is the name of the film ?
Mar 1, 2020 7:42 PM

Apr 2013
pretty intense moments going on there.
Mar 1, 2020 8:00 PM

Mar 2019
Sad & Mind Breaking Episodes are always the Best Episodes.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 1, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2010
I heard a similar news recently: Reunion with dead daughter through VR
Mar 1, 2020 8:48 PM
Jun 2019
“I’ve been here like two years, you?” “20 mins..”

Big ouch
Mar 1, 2020 8:54 PM
Sep 2015
thepath said:
phantomfandom said:
I actually think about recent anime film that reveal everything was just a dream in the last ten seconds... yes, last ten seconds after credit, with no foreshadowing hint at all.

What is the name of the film ?

Mar 1, 2020 8:57 PM
Mar 2020
All I could think about during id:invaded episode 10 was "I swear to god if fukada is john walker" like he deceived everyone in the well. He HAD HIS MEMORIES, caused a well storm.. so basically every time he went into a well he purposely acted cluelessly..

And also if that was basically narisagos well as well then how are there two stages, like ones the end well but they said it was momokis well so I'm confused on how it linked up. But I mean it makes sense. Were only seeing narisago and his family. Nothing of narisago ince we enter a well, of a well and then we see him in picture at the end...

I'm really excited to see how this ends up
Mar 1, 2020 9:13 PM
Apr 2019
I liked this episode, but I do feel the 'feels' moment didn't really measure up. That was great last episode, but also enough. Seeing it again here didn't really do much for me, though I can understand it was a necessary step in waking Narihisago up to 'reality'.

The ending bit was great, however. I had been wondering how they were so sure they were going to find the Mizuhanome in Momoki's well (which it of course wasn't), and surprised that they actually found one. The reveal makes it make so much sense. It's also nice that they give the viewer that split second to figure it out on their own, with the tying of arm to Kaeru and "wait, we've seen that before".

Really do have to wonder what Fukuda is up to at this point. As some have surmised, he might very well just be doing it out of curiosity, as he could obviously have outed Narihisago the moment he woke, but didn't. He was probably interested to see if he could learn anything about the well within the well.... though why he didn't volunteer to dive if that is the case is beyond me. In any case, I highly doubt he's actively working for JWalker given his own id-self.

Three more episodes to go, and Narihisago is in real trouble. The key to solving everything seems to be in Hondomachi's hands, so I'm expecting we won't get a deus ex machina type ending, thankfully. Let's see how it all winds up.
Mar 1, 2020 10:05 PM

Mar 2016
I was right about the hole drilling guy keeping his memories. (I probably shouldn't be happy I figured it out episodes ago, because almost everyone can figure out at least that much.)

Oh shit! Narihisago was in his own ID the whole time! That raises so may questions.

The two detectives finally met. It's interesting how the passage of time was different for the both of them.

Narihisago was in the second ID for over a year. Wow! A week is enough time to convince yourself the other place may be real, but a year is more than enough to believe and accept it. And shattering that reality suddenly should be quite devastating!

The emotional scene wasn't that emotional. I've noticed with stories like this (which focus on logic) that they don't focus too much on emotions and feelings. So, when I have to compare stuff like this anime with stuff like Hoshiai no Sora, I just can't. They provide two very different types of entertainment, and I love both. Feels like this is for our logical "left brain", and stories like 'Hoshiai no Sora' is for our emotional "right brain".
Mar 1, 2020 11:44 PM
Oct 2019
I don't normally cry from anime. The only anime to make me cry was Assassination Classroom. BUT GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I TEARED UP AT EP 10! THIS IS SHOW GOOD!
Mar 2, 2020 12:28 AM

Aug 2017
No OP this week but this episode was very emotional. The plot twist in this episode is.......it was Narihisago's id well all along! I didn't expect that Hondoumachi appeared in that dream lol.

5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2020 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
Nice to see Hondoumachi and Narihisago meet up in the well! Man, got really emotional with that flashback - it's so precious, those memories. Wonderful episode.
Mar 2, 2020 2:32 AM

Jul 2016
_shahriar_shiham said:
Narishago's pain in leaving his family in the fake world within the well really hit me in the feels

It was bloody well done.
Mar 2, 2020 2:57 AM

Oct 2018
can someone explain in simple way whats happening?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 2, 2020 4:22 AM

Jan 2016
Man, I really wanted that world to be the "true" reality, but I guess it was just to good to be true. Man, Narihisago is top tier, he can literally kill serial killers (or to-be serial killers) just by talking to them.

Didn't cry in this episode, but still felt kinda emotional. It's definitely heartbreaking for Narihisago to realize and remember that the reality he's in is fake, and that the people he thought that he was able to save are really dead. Also, when they showed how bad Muku was after The Challenger, I felt really sad and mad.

MomoSinX said:
I don't think Asukai is dead, she is needed for the machine as a core.

Ok weird theory but you know how Asukai said that if she keeps continuing on living, she'll blend in and warp the world? So what if the ID wells are her? I don't know how to explain it, but I think that she really was able to "blend" and "warp" the world, but in the MIzuhanome. So it isn't that her conscious makes the ID wells, her entire being does.
Mar 2, 2020 4:58 AM

Jun 2016
masterpiece anime !!!
Mar 2, 2020 5:11 AM

Feb 2014
Dreams end when the dreamer wakes up. Too much to handle in a single episode.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 2, 2020 5:53 AM

Aug 2018
Here I was wondering how he could live that long in the well inside a well... seems like there's no proper explanation to answer the question "how 10 minutes made a year for him".

But the revelation of Anaido being aware of his own identity and everything outside the well... wow that'll completely break it and I'm really curious to see how everything will react ! I get a feeling the final revelation about John Walker will be a blast
Mar 2, 2020 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
emraanash said:
can someone explain in simple way whats happening?

So, what we gathered from this episode:
-Narihisago has been in Kiki's well for over a year, taking out serial killers, continuing working as a police detective, and spending as much time as he can with his family.
-Kiki gets weaker by the month and feels like something will happen to her that will change her from her human state and will affect the world around her. She asks Narihisago to kill her instead and he refuses. Eventually, she disappears from the hospital, all the while causing several nurses to fall unconscious.
-Narihisago and Handomachi meet and he has to give in to the realization that this world is not real and the world begins to be destroyed by the fact that the two detectives were never supposed to meet. Their time scales clash as Handomachi only feels she's been in the world for ten minutes, while for Narihisago, it has been more than a year.
-At the moment they try to work together, Narihisago is pulled out since that is the end of the "10 minutes" according to the first level of the iD well, where Anaido is.
-When Sakaido wakes up, he has no memories of his time in the well, but he realizes from his observations that in the desert id well, they had been bound to Kaeru using strips from her dress and that Anaido had removed them and hidden that fact.
-Anaido acknowledges this and reveals that he has never forgotten his true identity outside the well as serial killer Fukada like he should have, because of his brain injury. He also found a picture of Narihisago and his family that was on the dead man in quicksand. Anaido reveals Sakaido's true identity to him as Akihito Narihisago, the ex-cop and murderer, which causes Sakaido's brain to go on the fritz.
-This is because it is revealed that the well they've been in all this time, is not Momoki's, but Narihisago's at a different stage of development. Narihisago has been tricked into entering his own well while being made aware of his own identity. This is the worst-case scenario since his conscious is never supposed to be aware of his subconscious. This will cause him to "fall into dogma".
-This tells us that the particles at Momoki's house were planted there, probably by John Walker, who is worked together with Fukada to trap Sakaido/Akihito.
Mar 2, 2020 6:41 AM

Aug 2017
What the hell was that! I was crying one minute then I was up on my seat thinking WTF happened! Awesome episode, and yet it still left me more confused...
Row-anMar 2, 2020 10:16 PM

Mar 2, 2020 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
jd2001z said:

Ok weird theory but you know how Asukai said that if she keeps continuing on living, she'll blend in and warp the world? So what if the ID wells are her? I don't know how to explain it, but I think that she really was able to "blend" and "warp" the world, but in the MIzuhanome. So it isn't that her conscious makes the ID wells, her entire being does.

So the Id wells might be (for lack of a better term) powered by a forsaken child?
Mar 2, 2020 10:35 AM

Feb 2015
Okay, the pictures of Narihisago with his wife and daughter are really touching, but... who took the photos? That really bugged while watching the episode (which nevertheless was awesone).
Mar 2, 2020 11:18 AM
Jun 2015
So Anaido had been purposely letting himself die everytime he went to get hondomachi... but what exactly does he even get out of making Narihisago trapped inside his own id well.

Also kinda funny that right before he was going to stop him in the other world is when he pulled him out of the well. Weird a lot of killers were mentioned in the time he was there i don't think Asukai ever explicitly mentioned her head being drilled... but then again she seem to hate talking about her deaths so.
Mar 2, 2020 2:14 PM
Dec 2017
EckhartPilgrim said:
Okay, the pictures of Narihisago with his wife and daughter are really touching, but... who took the photos? That really bugged while watching the episode (which nevertheless was awesone).

LMAOOO

that really is reading too much into it I think
Mar 2, 2020 5:25 PM
Jan 2017
This show just keeps getting better and better with each passing episode. The stories of both Narihisago and Hondoumachi finally converge as the dream world starts changing and one of them must leave while the other remains behind, but not before Narihisago confronts his past and takes steps to move on. This was a powerful and heartfelt moment for Narihisago because it gives him so much pathos. Unfortunately, our brilliant detective cannot dwell on it for long as the mystery of John Walker continues to deepen and Saikado must return to action. All in all, this was a great episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Mar 2, 2020 5:59 PM
Oct 2016
Best episode yet. Completely bawled my eyes out when that insert song started playing. It's a horrible thing to not ask a man to leave his family behind like that. Narihisago was starting to slip by believing the id well was the real world but I understand why he thought that way. Finally being with his wife and daughter after being so alone once they were killed. When that montage of their family played I couldn't stop crying, it's too painful being left alone. One of the worst things a person can go through imo is being all alone.

Once Narihisago ran into Hondomachi shit hit the fan. Fukuda playing them all for fools. Hell of a twist he could remember everything but his brain is pretty scrambled so it makes sense he'd beat the system. That desert being the id well from before blew my mind again. Interesting that Kiki escaped from the hospital the way she did, gotta be more to that. John Walker is playing some messed up game, still can't figure out what his deal is. Those last couple minutes were insanity.
Mar 2, 2020 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
That was an epic episode I’m excited for more.
Mar 3, 2020 12:40 AM

Aug 2014
Eleris18 said:
I gotta be perfectly honest. This episode was not the best. It was still fantastic, but not great. I know that a lot of people loved the insert song and the montage of Narihisago and his family, (yes it was very good) however, I don't think it matched the mood of the show. It kind of just popped up out of no where. There was nothing that led into a slow soft song with a sweet montage. It was a little choppy.

The episode of which I decided I was really drawn into this series is episode 6, aka the loop train. Such simplicity instantly reminded me of Inception (movie) and its train quotes, and a particular episode of Mushishi where there's a "looping" involved as well. A tinge of varied feelings - indifference, shyness, joy, calm, uneasiness, and some smiles here and there, all lead into a sobbing Sakaido - who knew that moment could really etch in my mind even though it's not something like a plot twist or an epic revelation of some sort.

Below are three examples I "personally" think would've improved the montage for this episode.

Kiseijuu
A bit of a spoiler, though what's noteworthy in here was a flashback/flashes happening right around a girl's death's corner, and another brief flashes upon Shinichi realizing who just knocked or came through the door.

Kanata no Astra
Spoiler as well, so let' just say there's this particular flashback about a character's identity, and in the heat of the moment of explaining, the flashback has to be shown in-between, deciphering and revealing what the mystery of this show is all about.

Kill la Kill
A fictitious weaving of the past of Ryuuko has two instances of montage shown accompanied by a harrowing Eng song.

Combine these three. A mixture of montages and flashbacks, paced just after the OP song with a bit of interlude before that. Some grayscale moments, and a bit of talking like an intermission before the background song resumes again, as shown in Kill la Kill. Proximity between death episode and montage scene, like in Kiseijuu. And before all that, a heated or even passionate altercation between characters, a clash of wills leading to a meaningful and decisive montage/flashbacks like in Kanata no Astra.

Honestly, I don't think there's a great disconnect for Sakaido/Nahirisago's montage though. The montage happened briefly before the crumbling of the world, and the realization that his whole world was all fake. Also, between a conversation with her deceased wife. The one I think which lessened the impact was the trigger - that is, Hondoumachi's presence. There's no buildup for her, or something interesting going on for Hondoumachi before she suddenly pointed a gun at him. Like, literally nothing at all.

Meanwhile, Sakaido's buildup was fine, more like excessive as these last 2 eps was meant to show his futile attempt to live in a new world and get caught by it in the process. For suspense-inclined people though, it's not a surprise this tops everything so far, and I wouldn't dare to question why as well, because this episode really was a great suspense/mystery buildup.

Mar 3, 2020 3:17 AM
Jan 2016
I think John Walker is Nishio Shirakoma. Because his hair is so familiar and
why would this series tell the name of that character.
Mar 3, 2020 6:31 AM
Mar 2020
Great episode, even better than previous one. That insert song and seeing what happened to Narihisago's family made be cry like a kid
Mar 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Apr 2016
This episode is as good as the previous one. The last two episodes are on another level compared to the other episodes of the series. I don’t think it’s going to maintain this level but who knows.
Mar 3, 2020 2:48 PM
Dec 2014
For the time scale difference between Narihisago and Hondoumachi in the second layer, it is actually pretty simple to explain. They arrived in this second layer timeline just a few hours before they actually murdered in reality. But does this information have any value for further thinking, I have no clue. Seems like it offers them a way for redemption and to make things differently. Even though Narihisago still killed, it was considered as self-defence this time. Sounds like it could end up like Inception really... If Narihisago can get out of the limbo/dogma.
Mar 3, 2020 7:04 PM
May 2019
I love psychological and dark shows. This was perfect. This episode hit hard. This show is doing pretty well.
Mar 3, 2020 9:57 PM

Oct 2012
Loved this episode quite a bit but must say the insert song kinda took me out of it. I think even the same song but sung in Japanese would have worked for me. The OST rendition just seemed kinda cheesy.
Mar 3, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2016
OK, as I was expecting, they weren't in Momoki's Well after all. But Fukuda... you tricky bastard! I really wonder what his intentions are now.

Incredible episode. Again, the balance between Narihisago's internal drama and real plot progression was perfectly handled.
As for the montage of his life with his family and their fateful conclusion, I have to say it was indeed quite emotional and the new insert song did a good job at setting the sad atmosphere.

In fact, the whole sequence from meeting Hondoumachi to being expelled from the Well was great in terms of execution but my only "complain" with it is that I would have wished the time progression in Narihisago's "reality" inside Kiki's ID Well would have been portrayed in a more clear way because if it weren't for Hondoumachi pointing that out, I would never have thought 2 years had passed.

But anyways, other than that, I highly enjoyed this episode and I'm more than eager to see how things will develop from now on.
Mar 4, 2020 1:19 AM

Oct 2019
Great episode. I can't say I really expecting that ending, it was just...wow.
Mar 4, 2020 4:35 AM
Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Holy sh*t all the twists in this anime are crazy. This is amazing!

Also, the psychological stuff in the previous, and now in this episode is fantastic, I really like it!

After this episode, raised the score from 8 to 9. I hope this quality remains for the last 3 episodes too, and not gonna be another Babylon...

I really hope they don't ruin this like Babylon, that last episode made me drop it 2 points but I really don't think this one will let us down. This gets better with every episode and waiting for the final episodes is the worst part about this show. I cannot give enough praise for this show - it is criminally under watched and underrated.
Mar 4, 2020 7:12 AM

Mar 2017
Wooow, I cried so much this episode. I fell into the same sense of hope that Narihisago did and thought that maybe all the bad stuff wasn't real. When Hondomachi told him it was an Id Well and he thought about his real-life.... my heart just shattered.

That ending though... How did the team not realize that Anaido & Sakaido were in Narihisago's Id Well the whole time, but Anaido did? I usually keep up with this anime pretty well but this week's ep has scrambled my brain a bit haha
Mar 4, 2020 9:58 PM

Oct 2008
WOW! This episode is so cool and intense! oh god! give me more!
5/5.

Mar 5, 2020 7:00 AM

Dec 2014
I was not ready for this :( .. damn flashbacks ... great episode.
Mar 6, 2020 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
Damn Id and what not... this becames more and more interesting
Mar 6, 2020 5:38 PM

Mar 2015
The script in this show is so well put together, I'm sad I was sleeping on it.

Well, hoping for a grand finale.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

203 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

101 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2020

120 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

83 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2020

89 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 2:27 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.