Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »
Feb 6, 2020 6:15 PM

Nov 2012
Rimzyy said:
Manuchimso said:
ALL HAIL NUX TAKU!

Nux Taku spoiled me on several main characters deaths because of a THUMBNAIL so I do not appreciate him
That's actually a fair enough reason.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 6:22 PM

May 2017
The amount of SALT that a series dare to challenge FMAB.

Honestly, MAL score is just a reference. It's literally metacritic. People can review bomb the shit out of a show. That is bound to happen.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Feb 6, 2020 6:23 PM
Feb 2020
this is pretty epic
Feb 6, 2020 6:24 PM

Dec 2011
Nothing against fans of big anime tiddies.
Nothing against people who do use and find merit in the rating system.

…But I do actually feel bad for the mods. I also feel bad for those who genuinely rated it highly and are now inevitably lumped in with the buffoon brigade - y’all don’t deserve to be associated with that douchebag or artificial mentality.

Looking at the positive is what’s important. Personally, that’s Chihayafuru getting fixed.

3oTheGreat said:
Been using MAL to look at scores for a few years now, and I only just made an account a month or two ago. Not gonna lie, I unironically give IR a 10/10 and think it is hilarious that the show made it to #2. I think the people in this thread are all a little too serious about it though, and just a reminder that this is gonna get fixed at some point, and it's all in good fun.
Also, as a fan of Nux Taku it hurts a little to see that some of the comments of his fans here are a little toxic with what they are saying.

Thanks for being sensible. Also, as a former lurker, welcome to mal :-) I promise it’s not always this crazy.
Feb 6, 2020 6:25 PM
Feb 2020
Bro. I read the manga and it was pretty good. When the anime came out, I never expected them crank it at 11. It's just an anime with heavy amounts of adult content.

I am upset because funimation went half way and pulled out because of a dumb excuse. Especially when they have other shows like high school DxD that also might be considered "borderline hentai." If you find this uncomfortable, you know the big boy references, you might as well move on to another anime or find another hobby.

By the way, I didn't know how respond, since life kept fucking me over, until I saw nuxtuk video. This, not only proved his predictions on how you would react but it showed me that there are alot of fans for this show. So I'm proud of what I did and I will proceed to stay weird, you fucking normie.
Feb 6, 2020 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
FlowersInTheRain said:
Mayuka said:
they love it but do they think it's better than their faves (like fma, gintama, monster, vinland saga, bnha, aot)?

Those other shows didn’t actually make us climax so Ishuzoku Reviewers deserves a 10 for being a hentai in ecchi clothing.
Whatever gets our dicks hard, I support
Feb 6, 2020 6:34 PM
Feb 2020
just accept it, the score were never relevant to begin with...

Feb 6, 2020 6:36 PM
Feb 2020
Kitteh_328 said:
Whats happening here is definitely not cool because the good thing about MAL was always that it reflects how good an anime is and that its 100% trustable but now the credibility is gone

Since a silent voice has a lower score than ur name, i never trusted MAL.

I think im starting another war. (teehee~)
Feb 6, 2020 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
This is a problem with Funimation and gatekeepers, not a cataloging website.
Feb 6, 2020 6:45 PM

Feb 2017
get over it, this show is genuine masterpiece lol

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 6, 2020 7:06 PM

Sep 2019
jal90 said:
Leulight said:

"Stuff like this is happening again and again"
That's why MAL needs to improve its system lmao to prevent stuff like this in the first place, but yeah keep blaming the community.

I blame the trolls, dumbass. Do you defend trolls? Are you one? We can both play this game.

I am just saying the system should be revamped enough so that issues like these don't happen in the first place.

It's pointless. Blaming Nux's ego when the Mods here are flooding with ego.

Mods are being roasted on the Internet as we speak.
Feb 6, 2020 7:10 PM

Jul 2012
MAL score is not relevant anymore FINAL PART

It never was, deal with it.
Feb 6, 2020 7:26 PM

May 2012
Numerical scores have never been meaningful or relevant.
Feb 6, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2010
BlakexEkalb said:
Shicchi said:

Why thank you :3

Yes, but it still begs the question if MAL staff will keep allowing things like this to happen. Unlike fixing bots (which they still haven’t had much success with), I can assume lots of these are users as well.

Is it confirmed that it's just the trolls and not MAL people genuinely love this show? :3
Feb 6, 2020 7:54 PM
Jan 2020
So will MAL be donating all the additional ad revenue that Nux Taku and Lost Pause bring to them since they seem to be taking such an ungrateful response? It would be rather hypocritical to keep it and act like victims.
Feb 6, 2020 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:
FlowersInTheRain said:

Those other shows didn’t actually make us climax so Ishuzoku Reviewers deserves a 10 for being a hentai in ecchi clothing.
Whatever gets our dicks hard, I support

lol I know you are a girl but it would actually be hot if you did have a dick. Hope it at least makes your nips hard.
HulkTySSJ2 said:
Only SJWS don't love this show.

If only. Seems some MAL forum denizens are also afraid of change.
Feb 6, 2020 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
9.20, the end is near!
Feb 6, 2020 9:06 PM

Nov 2019
>9.2

WE ALMOST THERE FAMS

So will we have a new Number One in an hour, or is this all the fambase is capable of?
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+
Feb 6, 2020 9:12 PM

Dec 2015
Have they not heard about fansubs? I swear ... kids nowadays ... a real pain to deal with. Instead of acting childish they should just enjoy their anime. Now they take their time to make bots (okay it probably is not that mucht ime with an automated bot) just to troll the score that eventuelly get corrected. As if Funimation cared about this. (As if any fans cared about funimation. I just download my stuff - as always. I'm even watching stuff not released on official/legal streaming sites yet. :D )

Funny thing is that this guy - never heard of him before - probably gets people that don't even care about this anime (or about anime at all) to do this - just because they follow him and do everything he wants for the lulz. Shows how easy a website is to manipulate. You could even get Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu to 1.xx I bet. :D
Feb 6, 2020 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
Luthandorius said:
Have they not heard about fansubs? I swear ... kids nowadays ... a real pain to deal with. Instead of acting childish they should just enjoy their anime. Now they take their time to make bots (okay it probably is not that mucht ime with an automated bot) just to troll the score that eventuelly get corrected. As if Funimation cared about this. (As if any fans cared about funimation. I just download my stuff - as always. I'm even watching stuff not released on official/legal streaming sites yet. :D )

Funny thing is that this guy - never heard of him before - probably gets people that don't even care about this anime (or about anime at all) to do this - just because they follow him and do everything he wants for the lulz. Shows how easy a website is to manipulate. You could even get Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu to 1.xx I bet. :D

What reason do you have to believe that they're making bots?
Do you have any evidence? I don't mean direct evidence, but just something suggesting it.

Even the Admin has admitted it's legitimate users; I don't know why you seem to think otherwise.

As far as Nux (The YOuTuber), his channel is entirely about anime... So why the hell you'd think his fans "don't even care about anime at all" is another mystery to me.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 9:19 PM
Feb 2020
Sarteck said:
Luthandorius said:

Do you have any evidence? I don't mean direct evidence, but just something suggesting it.

Even the Admin has admitted it's legitimate users; I don't know why you seem to think otherwise.

As far as Nux (The YOuTuber), his channel is entirely about anime... So why the hell you'd think his fans "don't even care about anime at all" is another mystery to me.

Dont mind him he is just probably an idiot that doesnt know the whole situation and think he's a pro or something for talking something that make "sense"
Feb 6, 2020 9:22 PM
Jul 2012
Most of the votes are legitimate. This is unironically the best anime I've ever seen, and there is a scandal raising awareness of it. There is nothing wrong with asking viewers to show their support for a fantastic anime. If you hate Interspecies reviewers, you're a puritan, plain and simple. The kind of people getting butthurt are the exact same sort of people who were against interracial marriage during the civil rights era.
Feb 6, 2020 9:32 PM
Feb 2020
helix69 said:
Most of the votes are legitimate. This is unironically the best anime I've ever seen, and there is a scandal raising awareness of it. There is nothing wrong with asking viewers to show their support for a fantastic anime. If you hate Interspecies reviewers, you're a puritan, plain and simple. The kind of people getting butthurt are the exact same sort of people who were against interracial marriage during the civil rights era.

Ya, especially people that think it's ecchi or like near hentai or some bullshit that the rating must be low.
Ecchi should have its own way of rating.
Especially this anime is just another new world to the "ecchi" tagged anime. U weebs just cant handle the change in culture because u still fucking watch Doraemon or some shit.
Feb 6, 2020 9:36 PM
Dec 2019
No, I disagree. MAL scores have always been iffy and should not be taken seriously. So I don't think this is a problem, if anything this is good for mal and its only bad for Funimation.
Feb 6, 2020 9:40 PM

Oct 2018
yeah, third class hentai is getting more attention than ever, good job promoting it...
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 6, 2020 9:51 PM
Jun 2012
ragdollomega said:
LanePlayer said:

Just a little input here... No anime to represent all of anime? I think not. I'd like to present you Gintama. Gintama is all encapsulating. Magnificent. K. That's all.

Sorry but having to watch 100 episodes of a series before it "gets good" is just terrible.

I never said it takes 100 episodes for it to get good though. Whoever says that is dumb. And to make a fair point, have you at least tried it? Don't knock it until you've tried it. If you have tried it, then it's perfectly fine if you don't like it. However, I WILL say this. The first two episodes are literally filler with nothing to go off of. It comes straight out of nowhere. So episode 3 is where it really starts.
Feb 6, 2020 10:01 PM
Feb 2020
9.20 it's getting close to number 1
Feb 6, 2020 10:36 PM
May 2016
imagine letting vinland saga live in your head rent free this hard lmfao fuck off and cry harder.
Feb 6, 2020 10:43 PM
Feb 2020
Manuchimso said:
ALL HAIL NUX TAKU!
ah yes your here too huh hahaha
Feb 6, 2020 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
Sarteck said:

Such huge and sudden change in scores is unusual. If not bots then at least trolls or multiple accounts made by one person without a bot. I doubt of his 1 million followers that many could be bothered to register and troll. Then again ... if only a few are doing it I guess it will have an impact on MAL shows where the usual amount of people scoring is lower. Even without making multiple accounts.

They are at least trolls. But if an admin said it is okay - then we'll have to live with it. Similar to Chihayafuru where some individuals didn't like the 3rd season and scored it lower. (And some claim it were bots but the votes did not get removed so they were legit and not against MAL rules.)
Feb 6, 2020 11:11 PM

Nov 2012
Luthandorius said:
Sarteck said:

Such huge and sudden change in scores is unusual. If not bots then at least trolls or multiple accounts made by one person without a bot. I doubt of his 1 million followers that many could be bothered to register and troll. Then again ... if only a few are doing it I guess it will have an impact on MAL shows where the usual amount of people scoring is lower. Even without making multiple accounts.

They are at least trolls. But if an admin said it is okay - then we'll have to live with it. Similar to Chihayafuru where some individuals didn't like the 3rd season and scored it lower. (And some claim it were bots but the votes did not get removed so they were legit and not against MAL rules.)

First, I want to clarify--the admin did NOT say it was "okay," merely that it was "legitimate users."

Nux has 1 million followers, true. Now, I'd like to quote something from another thread:
NotNuxPedigree said:

Don't know where you got the impression that most people from that anime channel haven't watched the show.
Nux's audience as an anime channel is largely the demographic that would watch this show. Even a the slightest passing glance at the channel would tell you that much.
If ALL of the 30,000 10-score votes were Nux's followers, that would still only make 3% of his userbase.

This is PRECISELY the kind of anime that Nux's followers do enjoy, so it's not so hard to believe that they would rate it positively. It also stands to reason that there are many (which INCLUDES myself) who didn't know about the anime at all until Nux mentioned it. It's well within the realm of possibility and even quite probable that Nux was merely a catalyst.

I'm quite certain that the ratings would not have been affected so dramatically if Nux hadn't specifically said to rate it a 10. However, this does NOT make those votes (including mine) invalid, nor does it make those users (including me) trolls.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 11:19 PM

Jun 2010
deg said:
Current release date estimate for our first phase of the rating troll score plan is 3rd week of February. At this time, all scores on the website will be re-calculated to discount the contribution of troll scores, along with implementing some measures to reduce future vote manipulation. These measures will not be noticeable nor interfere with regular users, and will be further strengthened with time.

I'm sorry that we couldn't have this released during January. Please be patient for just a few more weeks. We're almost there.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg59023220

you should bookmark that thread already

In short, sounds like they are basically saying that no high scores for "problematic" series will be allowed to be given going forward. That they won't count.
Feb 6, 2020 11:21 PM

Jan 2016
FullyCharged said:
Except this time they're not bots.

And as long as 1 person = 1 account personally I do not think these votes should be removed.
1 account for 1 person ≠ troll.
That's how the scoring system works. 1 person = 1 vote.
Changing that would be score manipulating, not the opposite.

Sad to see the staff's stance is to manipulate the scores instead of just banning accounts not tied to real people or multi-accounts.

And no, nobody forces me to score more than 1 show. That's my choice and you have no say in it.
What do you expect from the site who has the creator who isn't active with the community in forums?
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Feb 6, 2020 11:26 PM

Jan 2016
-Aincrad- said:
FullyCharged said:

And as long as 1 person = 1 account personally I do not think these votes should be removed.

And no, nobody forces me to score more than 1 show. That's my choice and you have no say in it.

You are partly right, but most of these new accounts with 10/10 votes of this anime belong to people who haven't watched a single episode of this anime yet, and probably will not.

And unless these users actually become an active member, their rating should be removed.

Not like I'm against boosting the sh*t out of this anime temporarily , it would be really fun to see it actually breaking in the top 10 for a short time, but in long term, these are not valid ratings and should be removed.
They're still people regardless if they watched anime or not. If Mal actually removes their accounts this will just prove that the mods can't even follow their own rules.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Feb 6, 2020 11:36 PM
Feb 2020
GreenClock said:
FullyCharged said:

1 account for 1 person ≠ troll.

Sad to see the staff's stance is to manipulate the scores instead of just banning accounts not tied to real people or multi-accounts.

What do you expect from the site who has the creator who isn't active with the community in forums?

I mean, if the show is actually good and rises in popularty because ppl talk about it being good, no matter WHO it is talking about it... I'd expect the creator and mods to take their ad-rev they're no doubt getting from all the sudden clicks and go about their day. People are using the platform as it was intended, no matter if the system seems a a joke to someone or not.
Unless someone on top cant get over that his favorite anime is being surpassed by "ecchi shit" which is "beneath him"(but that's just an assumption and it might be completely wrong).
Feb 6, 2020 11:54 PM
Feb 2020
its more sad that you people think these lists and charts and reviews really matter. They are a good guidline for info as to weather or not YOU will enjoy a series but they are not the end all be all. Hell, the characters in the damn show are the best example of this. they critique based on THEIR compatibility and when others read their reviews they see if they are interested.

Ive watched things with absolute shit ratings and loved them and things with high ratings and hated them
Feb 6, 2020 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
GreenClock said:
-Aincrad- said:

You are partly right, but most of these new accounts with 10/10 votes of this anime belong to people who haven't watched a single episode of this anime yet, and probably will not.

And unless these users actually become an active member, their rating should be removed.

Not like I'm against boosting the sh*t out of this anime temporarily , it would be really fun to see it actually breaking in the top 10 for a short time, but in long term, these are not valid ratings and should be removed.
They're still people regardless if they watched anime or not. If Mal actually removes their accounts this will just prove that the mods can't even follow their own rules.
What are you saying? They clearly don't feel the way they do, MAL knows better.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 7, 2020 12:05 AM
Jun 2014
Just reset rating to preNux video and froze it for months. I think this is the best way to solve the problem.
grey5Feb 7, 2020 12:15 AM
Feb 7, 2020 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
grey5 said:
Just reset rating to preNux video and froze it for moths. I think this is the best way to solve the problem.
So when will an anime fan be an anime fan in this situation? Only when Nux is taken to the gallows, am I right?

Autocrat said:
Feb 7, 2020 12:17 AM

Jan 2015
I just want to watch this surpass FMAB
Feb 7, 2020 12:18 AM
Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:
grey5 said:
Just reset rating to preNux video and froze it for moths. I think this is the best way to solve the problem.
So when will an anime fan be an anime fan in this situation? Only when Nux is taken to the gallows, am I right?

What do you mean? Rating can be unfrozen after show end, and who want to rate it, rate it.
Feb 7, 2020 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
grey5 said:
Immahnoob said:

What do you mean? Rating can be unfrozen after show end, and who want to rate it, rate it.
And why should that happen in the first place? These people made first time accounts and rated their shows however they liked, what's your problem with that?

Or are you saying we should scrutinize everyone instead?

Autocrat said:
Feb 7, 2020 12:30 AM
Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:
grey5 said:

And why should that happen in the first place? These people made first time accounts and rated their shows however they liked, what's your problem with that?

Actually no. They rated because they want to screw rating system.
Feb 7, 2020 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
grey5 said:
Immahnoob said:

Actually no. They rated because they want to screw rating system.
What does that even mean? There's no objective basis on how ratings should be given or what they really mean.
People rate based on their own arbitrary judgement.

By your logic, everyone is "screwing" with the rating system. All of these people made first time accounts or logged into their old ones to finally use MAL to rate the anime they enjoy or enjoyed.

Autocrat said:
Feb 7, 2020 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
Well, it seems that the only way to solve this is to have MAL hire several psychics to help them determine the intent of people giving ratings to any anime they rate. Only then can we be sure of their intentions.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 7, 2020 1:08 AM
Apr 2014
imagine thinking that mal score was ever relevant. Many of the top anime are just there because they are known as sacred anime. I don't think FMAB deserves the #1 spot, i dropped it about halfway in after i got bored from it. Its score is only retained because the show has kept its high prestige throughout the years and people will rate it a 9 or 10 whether they like it or not because they know its considered one of the great anime that must be loved or else. The scoring system is pointless and I think its quite silly that the people running the site would waste so much time trying to decide what the scores should actually be and control it themselves. Sure they might combat trolls but in turn what happens? Really they are just controlling the numbers and determining what they think the actual score is themselves, rather than what the people voted for.
Feb 7, 2020 1:21 AM

Nov 2012
nekotan7 said:
imagine thinking that mal score was ever relevant. Many of the top anime are just there because they are known as sacred anime. I don't think FMAB deserves the #1 spot, i dropped it about halfway in after i got bored from it. Its score is only retained because the show has kept its high prestige throughout the years and people will rate it a 9 or 10 whether they like it or not because they know its considered one of the great anime that must be loved or else. The scoring system is pointless and I think its quite silly that the people running the site would waste so much time trying to decide what the scores should actually be and control it themselves. Sure they might combat trolls but in turn what happens? Really they are just controlling the numbers and determining what they think the actual score is themselves, rather than what the people voted for.
I think the second most pointless thing about the rating system is that it's comparing apples to oranges.

You're not going to rate an ecchi anime the same you'd rate a dark fantasy one, or a sports one, so on and so forth. Something that I would think is totally cute in a slice of life anime might be I would think is disturbing in, say, Berserk.

(Obviously the first most pointless thing is that what you like isn't necessary what I'll like, so your rating would be even less relevant to me.)
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 7, 2020 1:33 AM

Mar 2018
Sarteck said:
TheTexhnolyzed said:

Correction.
How dare people like anime tiddies instead they all like THOUGHT PROVOKING ANIME THAT REPRESENTS REALITY not some delusional perverted bullshit.
If I wanted something that represented reality, I would not be watching cartoons.

Lol. You are only interested in delusions of erotic mangakas. There are a lot of good slice of anime that represent reality that you may like (if you have actual taste) yet you prefer to give 10/10 to this "comedy".

Whatever keep fapping on drawings.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

281 by Artromex »»
Aug 27, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

190 by Artromex »»
Aug 27, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

156 by Artromex »»
Aug 26, 5:48 AM

» Season 2?

1WanteD1 - Sep 17, 2023

2 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 24, 10:49 AM

» Anime is underrated

Sasora - Jan 9, 2022

20 by Talamare »»
Jun 21, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.