Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2020 11:37 AM
Apr 2016
Sooo anyone who read the LNs here? Was this pretty much the same result as the LN or there is more explaining in it?
Jan 27, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2018
What a disappointment. The first 7 episodes were amazing but after that it felt like I was watching a different show. The president was a horrible character and the remaining episodes really boring. I had to struggle to finish each episode. And this ending is just... I can't give it more than 5/10.
Jan 27, 2020 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
BananaBenIbby said:

Yeah i agree that magase power doesnt really need an explanation...

Good points mate. If I wasn't lazy and in a hurry I would write something similar.
Overall a terrific show. I greatly enjoyed it, it was very original and bold with it's narrative. Great direction too.
Jan 27, 2020 12:01 PM
Jan 2020

Worst rip-off ending ever.
Jan 27, 2020 12:02 PM
Apr 2016
Quite a questionable development. The journey was definitely worth it, but the potential what could have been done with the story, with the climax... it just is not there. For something like this, an open ending is not a feat of author's genius, it is an abysmal lack of responsibility.

Was the original, the novel the same?
BlackCicero said:
I was surprised with the ending but I appreciated it. It's not often you see the villain win out in the end. Babylon was a fun ride with the cat and mouse game between Seizaki and Magase being my favorite part. 9/10

The whole problem is with all that has happened, we still do not know what she really wanted. Forget her powers, a good chunk of conclusion is left out, and I am afraid it is left out so that the series does not humiliate itself any further.
dasprn said:
Everyone was played in the end by Magase Ai. A truly evil incarnate indeed. Zen Kaizaki was just an outlet of NPC that was given the choice to either act righteous as in what is stated or act in accordance to his own belief. The addition of world leaders was to impact on how much greater the stage would be for his grand judgement. No one could resist the temptation of the satan herself.
This show ended on such a note only to let us visualize the aftermath. It makes us think as the conclusion of the viewpoint that continuing forward is good while stopping is evil. But all that depends on the person them self.

KANLen09 said:

@Ryuseishun if you're familiar with the figure called Mado Nozaki, it's the same author as Kado: The Right Answer.

Well The Right Answer was a good one and kinda similar to this one. The concept of what's right depends on the belief one has.

KADO also goes "Yeeeeehaw screw the coherent story I am going FULL MENTAL" by the final episode. But KADO does not completely ruin itself in the process, because it was about aliens and philosophy to begin with. Here, the whole thing ends like a modern myth. Or does it?
ToddyPlays said:
So... What exactly is Magase doing at the end with Seizaki's kid? Anyone who understood that care to explain?

I would say it would be a big stretch if ANYONE at all except the authors said "OH MAN I UNDERSTOOD THIS THIS IS GENIUS". From what we can tell, Zen did not shoot Magase Ai, or turned into Magase Ai. She then goes to the kid because (screw logic) the kid is the most important good thing Seizaki Zen ever had. What is she going to do to him? Produce a lot of questionable "art" on the internet? Help bring him up? Cook him? IRRELEVANT!!!
Daniel_NaumovJan 27, 2020 12:07 PM
Re:formed
Jan 27, 2020 12:02 PM
Aug 2009
That ending was a rollercoaster. My way to see it: it leaves a very bad taste (because Zen basically lost). Even though it leaves a bad taste, it produces a lot of emotion so I would say a great ending.
Jan 27, 2020 12:17 PM
Jan 27, 2020 12:35 PM
Aug 2018
I think Seizaki shot magase, but she's still alive because you cant shoot evil with a bullet.
Jan 27, 2020 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
Ok, so it's over.
I think the first 7 episodes where really good I was hooked almost instantly. Magase was such an interesting villain, I would have loved if the show would have focus more on her and Seizaki.
Last 5 episodes felt like a mess. I strongly disliked the president character and the fact that the show took a real r/Im14andthisisdeep route.
Having philosophical discussions and speaking about morality while reviewing passing a law or not is completely fine, but there's also need to be discussions based on facts and reality. We never saw suicide survivors speak their minds from experience, no one ever spoke about the reasons leading someone to commit suicide, depression or other mental issues that could affect someone's judgement. Like a said in a previous post, it felt like discussing the death penalty without making a case against it speaking about wrong convictions.
Overall I don't think it was a bad show but I think it had potential to be amazing and just missed it.
Jan 27, 2020 12:43 PM
Dec 2019
I think people are missing the point of the ending. It is to show the paradox with the answer of "existence is good" by showing that "existence means evil will continue" which leads to the conclusion that "evil is good" because the only way to end "evil" is to end existence. The reason why Magase "won" is because Zen never had the power to end her in the first place which is the point. Magase is the personification of the "Samsara" of rather the suffering within "Samsara" and you cannot kill "Samsara."

Zen's solution is accept Samsara and become "nothing" not killing her and thus end his suffering but he never really had choice in reaching his enlightenment and neither do any of us. Magase is forever and that is why she meets with his child at the end because Magase is there for everyone. Shiva/Magase loves everyone equally.
Jan 27, 2020 12:48 PM

Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Quite a questionable development. The journey was definitely worth it, but the potential what could have been done with the story, with the climax... it just is not there. For something like this, an open ending is not a feat of author's genius, it is an abysmal lack of responsibility.

Was the original, the novel the same?
BlackCicero said:
I was surprised with the ending but I appreciated it. It's not often you see the villain win out in the end. Babylon was a fun ride with the cat and mouse game between Seizaki and Magase being my favorite part. 9/10

The whole problem is with all that has happened, we still do not know what she really wanted. Forget her powers, a good chunk of conclusion is left out, and I am afraid it is left out so that the series does not humiliate itself any further.
My interpretation of what Magase wanted was that she wanted evil(bringing things to an end) to be more widespread and less taboo in the general population with the Suicide Law being one of the catalysts for this.
Regarding the conclusion, it would have been nice to have more of an epilogue especially to see what was the outcome of the G7 summit. However, the open-ended conclusion wasn't much of a deal breaker for me personally.
Jan 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Jan 2019
Everything was cramped and rushed.
Philosophy crumbled.

What the f***
Jan 27, 2020 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
This ending was actually really good. With Alex and Zen's sacrifice, the Suicide Law won't spread like wildfire, and will probably die out. Of course it would have been the same result had Magase's voice not reached the President, but Zen's choice preserved that future for the Suicide Law's fate. As for Magase surviving, I don't think it would have mattered much if she was shot, because I'm just assuming here that she is the Devil, and probably would have been reborn into the world anyways. So Zen died a good person, and the Devil lost their game this time.
Jan 27, 2020 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
Ok, I have a lot to say about this series, cause in the beginning I praised it like the second coming of Christ, and now I am not sure anymore....

now let's start with some "facts". The seven first episodes were amazing, everything about them. In the first 3 episodes Seizaki started an investigation on one of the most thriling government corruption of the century(fixed votes, prostitution, breaking limitations and yada yada yada), trying to solve it to shade some light on the very, VERY, unusual suicide cases that can't be explained in any way, all leading up to the conclusion, Itsuki "betraying" everyone and uses all his power that was given to him with the suicide law, and the show finally "introduced" Magase Ai...

The next arc will be episodes 4-7, in which we learn what Magase powers do (not really how though, it's just said she is hot af and that's actually enough) and the invastigation unit against Seizaki is built, with new and old characters alike. Their final plan was to kidnap Seizaki as they didn't find any evidence, and they planned to do it after the live debate in which the odds weren't really in Seizaki's favor, but he flipped the table by revealing that the little kid is his son and that he want to commit suicide, what a twist! The 7th episode was one of the biggest failures, for the characters involved at least, for us it was the peak! Not only did we were shown that all the investigation unit was absolutely decimated, we also saw the friendly and slik Kujiin after Magase talked to him, the first peson to talk with her and not die, well, not yet... And do I really need to mention the ending, the same ending that left me shaking for a few good minutes and still makes me praise the show??!!

And now comes the bad part, a five week break that leads us to episode 8...
The episode itself wasn't really bad, I think we all needed to relax a bit after everything the show put us through, but it's what it represent. The show took some sort of shift, instead of focusing on Magase and the suicide law, it focused only on the suicide law, and not only that, but it focused on it on the global scale (which is also way the show was moved the the US as the leader of the free world) while pretty much leaving behind Itsuki and Shinki. It also really embraced a certain aspect, philosophy, or more simply, the discussion of good and evil. The show not only touched the subject before but heavily implied it, which the meaning of justice in the beginning and Magase fixation on good and evil made are an amazing character.

This is also the series became bad, as it tried to find the meaning of good, ironically enough. The show almost ditched Itsuki and Magase (almost, episode 9 was still a thing) so what captivated us was gone, all that was left were the talking about good and evil and if suicide is right, themes that were already present in the first two arcs but were disguised to keep interest in the story, and now there is no disguise....

To tell you the truth, I think this episode was one of the best of this arc, showed us one of the best Magase Ai sequence and the hardest choice of Seizaki. The problem of this episode is that it gave us almost no conclusion the the series, no answers. I am not talking about "did Seizaki died" I am talking about the suicide law and everyone else in Shinki, especially Itsuki, the anime gave no answer as to what his goals are and so on. It even didn't explain anything about Magase, who, and more importently, why, is Magase Ai???

Maybe the answer is that she is just evil incarnate, all the story and series themes and goals were just to say what is good and what is bad, and the reason the series didn't have a "real" conclusion is because the auther just wanted to show us the with no end (end=bad) the series is good.
If that's really the case, I am sorry to say, we got bamboozled, hard.

P.S wow I really hope the fbi aren't looking at my search history cause I search suicide and so on way to many times (English isn't first language blah blah blah dunno how to spell da da da ya know what I mean)

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jan 27, 2020 12:57 PM

Dec 2016
Septeus7 said:
I think people are missing the point of the ending. It is to show the paradox with the answer of "existence is good" by showing that "existence means evil will continue" which leads to the conclusion that "evil is good" because the only way to end "evil" is to end existence. The reason why Magase "won" is because Zen never had the power to end her in the first place which is the point. Magase is the personification of the "Samsara" of rather the suffering within "Samsara" and you cannot kill "Samsara."

Zen's solution is accept Samsara and become "nothing" not killing her and thus end his suffering but he never really had choice in reaching his enlightenment and neither do any of us. Magase is forever and that is why she meets with his child at the end because Magase is there for everyone. Shiva/Magase loves everyone equally.
oh fuck you right goddam I need to sleep like an hour ago now I am sad I wrote all that fuck....

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jan 27, 2020 12:59 PM
Jul 2015
Did he kill the president so he couldn't kill himself therefore not giving power to the Suicide Law?

I think so...

Why she survived? Well she was almost a supernatural gal - so I had no trouble of her surviving. The reasoning behind her motifs it's what makes me wonder - on why...
perkunos.blogspot.com
Jan 27, 2020 1:04 PM
Nov 2015
That ending suckkkkkkkkkkkkkedddddddddd

I thought Sen shot the President to give him the experience of death, though, like how that friend of Zen shot himself in the leg so he could resist things for a while

Anyway, kinda annoyed, felt like my time was wasted

(I feel like the ending wasn't supposed to feel like an end, bc to end is evil but.... that's no excuse mr babylon writer, write a fucking ending please)
Jan 27, 2020 1:10 PM
Mar 2018
does anyone know where to read the manga or able to read the manga and novel version? i just want to confirm what kind of ending happens there...
Jan 27, 2020 1:15 PM
Oct 2016
Final mais desapontante creio que seria impossível, sinto que perdi meu tempo ficando ansioso por ver esse anime, final ruim? Vilão venceu? O que houve depois? Não se sabe.
Jan 27, 2020 1:22 PM
Dec 2018
It was all good till the last fucking episode what a waste of time.
Jan 27, 2020 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
It's like the show itself is trying to make me kill myself. What a load of tripe.
Jan 27, 2020 1:27 PM
May 2018
Oh Boy this looked so promising until ist became an international discussion between fantasy politicians wheter suicide is good or bad.
After that dramatic ending of episode 7 I was really hoping for a slower paced psychological journey of Zen trying to hunt down Magase. It would be so much better to base the question of what is good and what is evil solely around Zen and Magase.

But instead we had a show that started as a psychological thriller with a supernatural element within that turned into a political debate where our main character kills the US President at the end.
Try saying that out loud without laughing.
Jan 27, 2020 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
This show definitely made me consider suicide because of how bad it got near the end :)

One thing, people point out that this show has fun mind games or cat and mouse game... It's not. You can't beat a girl with hypnosis powers. It sucks. I prefer a realistic detective/mystery show like Monster where the villain was fearless and powerful but didn't need to rely on hypnotizing people. I just hate that Babylon was trying to be realistic but with an overpowered villain.

This anime was pretty good from the start but got significantly worse the moment it switched to America arc... Dang.

One word I can use to describe this anime: Pretentious.

Debating between 5 and 6/10 for my overall score. Idk. It wasn't "fine" as a whole, so...
Jan 27, 2020 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
Not many of you guys seem to mention it, but it is quite relevant, that Magase is based on biblical Whore of Babylon, who also by her vile influence managed to destroy entire kingdom.
It was described, that "Her voice is smooth as honey, but she only speaks of poison"

And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.

It obviously refers to G7 world leaders.

And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Could it refer to Seizaki's obsession of bringing Magase to justice?

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

If I recall and did the math correctly, Magase was seen in the anime using seven different visages. Nice detail.

There is much more to that.

Jan 27, 2020 1:39 PM
Aug 2013
okay, so, not the ideal ending i would have wanted, but i have no problems with zen killing the president for the greater good of people not accepting the suicide law, but what i can't fucking stand is endings where they don't tell you clearly what happened with the main characters in the end. IS HE DEAD?! Either way it works for me but I hate that they didn't answer, like they are afraid of alienating the section of the audience that want either outcome and so they alienated everyone...
Jan 27, 2020 1:40 PM
Jan 2020
Mayuka said:
T I prefer a realistic detective/mystery show like Monster where the villain was fearless and powerful but didn't need to rely on hypnotizing people. .

Johan had his own " special powers" though. He could detect if there are any serial killers nearby and he could easily manipulate them to do his bidding, as if he hypnotizes them, Tbh, it was never really explained how he detects them or easily manipulates them, just because he is super smart doesn't really explain it. He also escaped from a burning building unscathed, even though all the exists were blocked and there was no way out. As a kid he somehow killed that farmer couple without using a weapon. In short , if you look closely the Monster also has a lot of suspension of belief moments involving Johan. Not as bad as Babylon's Magase but still...
Jan 27, 2020 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
@cenabet spoiler tag plz. Lol I mean I've read the entirety of Monster but some others haven't.

But yes I see your points. The difference is Monster is written much better than Babylon so I never really say him as an overpowered villain. Just a fucked up dude.
Jan 27, 2020 2:19 PM
Sep 2019
HaXXspetten said:
Uhm... what? That's it?

I really don't get it. Why did he even have to shoot the president to begin with, but more importantly that was such an anticlimatic ending anyway. So much plot potential that they never did anything with and it all feels like it amounted to nothing in the end

I still liked the show a lot for most of its airing but... yeah that wasn't a great ending >_>

Zen shot the President so he wouldn't commit suicide.
Jan 27, 2020 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
I can't believe Magase actually won. This is so refreshing that it actually feels good in a way. The cameras weren't even showing her either so I guess that Seizaki died as someone who murdered the president before killing himself. Not that the anime as a whole was actually good or anything, but the entertaining parts were entertaining at least.
Jan 27, 2020 2:33 PM

Aug 2019
Wtf? What kind of ending is this? I wanted him to kill her, but I guess she's gonna make the whole world commit suicide now or she's gonna kill his family.

Idk man, I'm not ok with that ending plot wise, but they could have at least expanded more, when he dies (which I suppose some officer shot him) and then they cut it to the ed I was just like no fucking way it's gonna end like this. Oh boy, this show was so fucking good in the beginning, I still think it's good when it changed and goes international, but the finale OH MY GOD what an anti climatical ending. 6/10
Jan 27, 2020 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
a goddamn witch in a normal mystery, cop show? get the fuck out of here. A super terrible monster/psycho-pass copycat
Daniel_DreibergJan 27, 2020 2:40 PM

Jan 27, 2020 2:37 PM
Sep 2019
Nick123asdf said:
Too many questions left, it’s really sad. This show turned into a completely different genre after episode 7

I now right. Really kinda pisses me off, then to end the series like this. I thought zen was going to kill Magase.
Jan 27, 2020 2:44 PM

Aug 2019
Eonlars said:
I think at the end, Zen had no choice because Alex called him a "Good Man" which meant he shouldn't kill magase while magase called him a "Bad Man" which meant he should kill magase.

Here is the problem that Zen faced, if he killed magase he would be a bad man as he would end someone and he would prove magase was right by calling him a bad man but at the same time he would kill a bad person like Magase.

If he didn't kill magase he would be a good man and he would prove Alex was right about him but he would by leaving magase alive, he would do bad by not ending the worst evil in the world.

Now, killing magase is going to make her right and not killing magase is going to make her come out alive. Former sounds better in theory so it would have been safe to assume Magase was killed but she wasn't as shown in the last scene.

Let's leave that for a second.

Now, we should think about Magase's action as she also followed the same logic(Good=life, bad=end) She claimed to be an evil person and also claimed Zen was also a bad person, she didn't touch him like she did with every other person around him, meaning Zen had a special status as a bad person and Magase didn't kill bad people.

If Magase somehow killed Zen in that scene whom she saw as a bad person, then it would make her a good person because she would end a bad person, making her a good person so this is a reason why she couldn't have killed Zen.

Now, Magase didn't have a reason to kill Zen(Other than the fact she had a chance of being killed by him but I really don't count this as one because she obviously doesn't fear death) and had a reason to not kill him.

So here is my assumption.
1- Zen didn't kill Magase, proving he was a good person and making sure Magase was wrong.
2- Magase didn't kill Zen as well(Bullet shot at the end could be explained with lots of things) and since she was proven wrong by Zen because he didn't kill her like a bad person, it could be argued that she had a change of mind about good and evil.
3- It is possible that Zen and Magase survived, we know Magase survived for sure and it looks like Zen's family is in their hometown, where we saw Zen think about when he was explaining what good was.
Though there are many things I can't explain such as "Well he killed the president, what about him being in jail?" or "the suicide law"
I would love to see what the novel did so if there is one person who read it, I am open to what happened at the end.

I mean the whole thing about magase falls flat if you consider he had already killed the president, like he had already proved that he was bad, bc alex (president) was good, and yeah, he killed him. So, I don't think he didn't kill her to prove he was good as he had already killed a person moments before
Jan 27, 2020 2:45 PM
Sep 2019
zONsObito said:
Oh Boy this looked so promising until ist became an international discussion between fantasy politicians wheter suicide is good or bad.
After that dramatic ending of episode 7 I was really hoping for a slower paced psychological journey of Zen trying to hunt down Magase. It would be so much better to base the question of what is good and what is evil solely around Zen and Magase.

But instead we had a show that started as a psychological thriller with a supernatural element within that turned into a political debate where our main character kills the US President at the end.
Try saying that out loud without laughing.
i laughed so hard at your last paragraph. Cant read that with out laughing. But seriously ep 1-7 were great , 8-11 were ok but not what i was expecting then this ending, kinda ticks me off i wanted Zen to kill Magase
Jan 27, 2020 2:49 PM

Mar 2017
Overall, this was a pretty good watch (although I think it would've been better as a binge watch because some eps were a bit dull) and the end was a good conclusion. However, I'm a bit dissatisfied that some questions weren't answered, like how exactly did Magase get people to kill themselves? Why was she working with Itsuki? Why did Itsuki want the suicide law in the first place? etc.

Also, why did Magase go and find Zen's family at the end? Is it just because she wants to destroy everything?
Jan 27, 2020 2:54 PM
Dec 2017
Eonlars said:
I think at the end, Zen had no choice because Alex called him a "Good Man" which meant he shouldn't kill magase while magase called him a "Bad Man" which meant he should kill magase.

Here is the problem that Zen faced, if he killed magase he would be a bad man as he would end someone and he would prove magase was right by calling him a bad man but at the same time he would kill a bad person like Magase.

If he didn't kill magase he would be a good man and he would prove Alex was right about him but he would by leaving magase alive, he would do bad by not ending the worst evil in the world.

Now, killing magase is going to make her right and not killing magase is going to make her come out alive. Former sounds better in theory so it would have been safe to assume Magase was killed but she wasn't as shown in the last scene.

Now, we should think about Magase's action as she also followed the same logic(Good=life, bad=end) She claimed to be an evil person and also claimed Zen was also a bad person, she didn't touch him like she did with every other person around him, meaning Zen had a special status as a bad person and Magase didn't kill bad people.

If Magase somehow killed Zen in that scene whom she saw as a bad person, then it would make her a good person because she would end a bad person, making her a good person so this is a reason why she couldn't have killed Zen.

Now, Magase didn't have a reason to kill Zen(Other than the fact she had a chance of being killed by him but I really don't count this as one because she obviously doesn't fear death) and had a reason to not kill him.

1- Zen didn't kill Magase, proving he was a good person and making sure Magase was wrong.
2- Magase didn't kill Zen as well(Bullet shot at the end could be explained with lots of things) and since she was proven wrong by Zen because he didn't kill her like a bad person, it could be argued that she had a change of mind about good and evil.
3- It is possible that Zen and Magase survived, we know Magase survived for sure and it looks like Zen's family is in their hometown, where we saw Zen think about when he was explaining what good was.
Though there are many things I can't explain such as "Well he killed the president, what about him being in jail?" or "the suicide law"
I would love to see what the novel did so if there is one person who read it, I am open to what happened at the end.

this comment absolutely helped me understand giving proper closure to the anime, though i think this is one of those kinds of anime i would have preferred if it just stayed in japan, the anime started of with a nice premise, it was a solid anime all around, then in the middle it kind of got lost for me, it drifted into nations and made this into a global problem in matter of what? a week and a half? i got to say i really got to enjoy the last 2 episodes which developed the president of the united states in a somewhat decent character, i liked the meeting, maybe dragged on a little too long for such an easy concept, the ending when you think about it has sense, the anime at the end completely disregards itsuki, for how witty he seemed during the anime you could argue he could have had a rebuttal, maybe getting into the whole politics thing wasn't the best for this anime since it kind of still leaves it open for debate.
I wouldn't say this anime is necessarily bad but it wouldn't be one of my top recommandations either, all in all it was a decent experience that i would have much preferred if it was wrote in a different way.

EDIT: on second thought i see a lot of people struggling with the fact that it seems that the suicide law didnt have proper closure but if you really think about it Zen killing himself right after murdering the U.S. president probably gave a very bad look to the suicide law itself, the kind of look that says "with suicide you can just freely run away from your problems", and Magase herself might have thought that she had just been checkmated, I might be overthinking, i don't know if anyone wrote this before me because i haven't read all the comments and this is 100% personal interpretation but i guess with that ending the author probably left us to that.
imentaeJan 27, 2020 2:57 PM
Jan 27, 2020 3:04 PM

Dec 2015
I'm okay with BE, everyone MC knew died, so it was never going to end well. But I think they needed another episode to clear up everything.
Jan 27, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
I was gonna give it 1 but I enjoyed the first half so I doubled the score to 2

Jan 27, 2020 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
It was okay. 3/5 for this episode. While I liked the first half and even thought the later parts where it got to the US were great ... the ending failed to deliver.

Was fun to see Magase suddenly appear and controlling the president. But when Seizaki killed him it was bullshit. President said it was okay to suicide if it helps others or something like that. Seizaki should have threatened to kill himself (saying that he doesn't want to actually) if the president suicides - to make him stop.

Then no real ending ... something happening with Magasa and Seizaki and her appearing at the end with the boy. No explanation of why she did all the stuff and of her superpower hypnosis. No explanations there ... would have been okay. Has been a weakness I had expected. But with the plot going to the US I thoguht it would get better and stop having the focus there. Just catching/killing her would have been better than this open end.

Still and 8 (no 9 though ... I'm unsure as wo whether my 8 is a 7.5 rounded up or somewhere higher) for the overall anime. Liked most of it and the mix (part with the US felt pretty different) was nixe and the president was a nice char. They should have let him beat Magase.
Jan 27, 2020 3:18 PM
Jan 2020
Really disappointing. In my opinion, it should've ended like this.

*Seizaki shoots president*
*Magase appears and says her stuff like what is good and what is bad*

Seizaki: Good is to continue. Evil is to end.

Magase: So are you a good or bad person?

*Long pause*

Seizaki: (Slowly)Guess I'm a bad one.

*Magase smiles*

*Shoots Magase* *Shoots himself*
May 2018
This last episode was pretty interesting but i don't know... kinda feel like there is something missing.

Btw if Magase stills alive then what happened with the suicide law?
Jan 2020
In this comments have a lot of people who really need everything fully explained to call a thing good...
Jan 27, 2020 3:24 PM
Jan 2020
Geraldinho01 said:
In this comments have a lot of people who really need everything fully explained to call a thing good...

As you have adequately and brazenly satisfied your ego do you feel better about yourself now?
Jan 27, 2020 3:26 PM
Apr 2012
-Panda_Hero- said:
Ryuseishun said:
Sorta long ramble here, cause I can’t keep the bottle cap on anymore.

That was perhaps one of the worst fucking conclusions to a mystery / psychological series that I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

What was accomplished? Nothing. What was taught here? Nothing. What was the ultimate point of all that meandering? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Magase’s Quirk....I mean, Esper ability.....I mean, Gifted abil—.....ahhh fuck it, i dunno what to describe. That shit never had any sort of set-in-stone explanation. Shes’s perhaps one of the worst excuses of a villain I’ve ever witnessed. Whatever bit of backstory tossed in for her is silly and bareboned. She’s not sophisticated, she acts so, but there’s no true deeper intent, just a redundant af ideal about what’s good and evil. She wins in the end and is now probably gonna prey on the mc’s son now, but what was the point? It was so anticlimactic and inconclusive, considering how the series kinda lost its spirit by episode 7. Any visual cues this show are mostly too hollow without much foundation to really have much deeper theme, context, or meaning. Tbh, episode 3 was the point where I should noticed the red flag, due to how the course of the story suddenly changes to chasing some crazy bitch with supernatural psychic powers to “talk” people into suicide. Zen himself was as underwhelming as everyone else in the cast. One can argue about fitting oneself into the characters’ shoes and parallelism or realism, but seriously.......does realism alone always constitute good storywriting? No, ofc not. The one good thing I can take away from the show: the soundtracks, cause they help with adding to the tension (or at least attempts at tension).

If this was how the original source material went, this series was already full of problems to begin with, regardless of bad pacing or not (only 3 LN vol, 3 manga vol).

And people compare this to Psycho Pass s1 or even say it’s better than latter...I can’t really comprehend that, tbh, cause Psycho Pass had a sci-fi dystopia setting whereas Babylon does not unless one wants to consider Magase’s “Quirk”. Magase as a character would’ve been more befitting in a more supernatural setting.

I don’t even want to talk in detail about the redundancy about the numerous discussions about this “good Vs evil” subject. The conversation went from thought-provoking to childish real quick. Was this just more of a leeway for Magase to have her way that easily because a bunch of god damn politicians can’t come to a straightforward and obvious conclusion that was right there in front of them the whole time? I guess so.

With all that being said, the foundations for this show were too weak to begin with. It’s like trying to drive a big luxury cruiser without any propellers or engine. It felt like a show where the brainstorming just stopped halfway.

you said everything I was goingt to in that ramble... it's a shame it turned out like this since it could be really interesting.

At this point I'm just really glad that's over so I can stop feeling annoyed at the way most of the conversations and the plot went...

Same here, you mentioned most of the things I wanted to say and I couldn't agree more. It's also the first time that I finally found someone who says the red flags were already present as early as in Ep. 3, which is exactly when I started being sceptical about the whole premise. Tbh, for me it just went downhill from there bc of how utterly pretentious and pseudo-philosophical it was trying to be, even though most people say it was still good until Ep. 7.
Jan 27, 2020 3:42 PM
Jan 2020
I really think Seizaki kills himself. Magase is the one who shoots first.

My interpretation of her is she represent the evil = End and that's it.
Jan 27, 2020 3:50 PM
Mar 2018
I see this final episode is getting alot of mixed reviews, mainly due alot of things being left unexplained. I think that alot of you are simply missing alot of the fine details in previous episodes, especially in regards to Ai Magase's "powers", as well as not fully understanding what her title as "Whore of Babylon" actually means. Do a little research and things will make alot more sense in regards to Ai. She is literally meant to be an Embodiment of Evil whose name is literally Mystery. To this day Christian Theologists are still divided as to what she fully symbolizes.

As for events in the show being unresolved, the entire premise of the show was to leave the audience guessing what will unfold next, when Ai Magase will show up. Throughout the entire series we had no clue what would happen, and the series did this in many clever ways,such as that excruciating month break after Episode 7. For all we know the series could come out of nowhere with a 13th EP, OVA, Sequel/Prequel or even a movie. I have a feeling this series will come out of nowhere with a punch to the gut, much like it did althroughout the first 12 EPs.

I also have a feeling a 2nd or even 3rd watch will help clear any confusion. So please do yourselves a favor and do that before completely writing off this series.
Jan 27, 2020 3:57 PM
Jul 2014
shiro_kai said:
By their logic the show ended, therefore is bad

Nah dude, it's evil.
Jan 27, 2020 3:58 PM
Jul 2013
This hit me with the big sad.
Jan 27, 2020 4:01 PM

Oct 2010
This had one of the worst/dumbest endings I've seen in a while. mind control is lazy. Mind control is just a bad writer's way to make characters act out of character and move the plot that can't move otherwise.
Jan 27, 2020 4:01 PM
Sep 2016
Frostyinside said:
Eonlars said:

I mean the whole thing about magase falls flat if you consider he had already killed the president, like he had already proved that he was bad, bc alex (president) was good, and yeah, he killed him. So, I don't think he didn't kill her to prove he was good as he had already killed a person moments before

President knew he was going to kill him, that's why he gave the gun to Zen and still called him a "Good Man" Also Zen didn't end the president, the president was already done for as he was about to jump no matter what Zen did.
Magase called Zen a bad man after he killed the president but she did it to mess with him and the fact that she challenged Zen to a "who will shoot" when she obviously had the chance to kill him reinforces the idea that she wasn't fully sure about Zen being a bad man.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» AI Magase and Ryo (from devilman crybaby) [SPOILERS]

CONQUERT - Jul 12

2 by itzswxzy »»
Jul 12, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2020

118 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 7, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2019

319 by GreenTeaRabbit »»
Apr 6, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2019

157 by madstar345 »»
Mar 16, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Babylon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

98 by VanniePon »»
Feb 16, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.