Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 12, 2020 12:38 PM
Mar 2015
Only a good hero when he is fighting
Jan 12, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2018
Wow, well, the script is terrible and the art looks janky. The girl mc is dumb as fuck, like how does she not know anything about he world she lives in?? And well im not hooked at all yet. I guess i'll give it another episode since this is probably going to be pretty popular this season, and, well, y'know, just FOMO...

Honestly, I doubt I will actually continue this series if the next episode is just as bad.
Jan 12, 2020 2:57 PM

Apr 2017
Vini310 said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Incredible.

Is like y'all never watched an anime.

If this anime has "too much fanservice" then lol, welcome to anime guys.

People complaining about fanservice IN AN ECCHI ANIME.
Do they even understand what a genre is?

Yes I totally agree.
I always thought why tf people complain about fanservice in an anime tagged with Ecchi.
Also the first 2 episodes weren't ecchi at all lol. I mean, if some hands trying to open a girl legs is too much fanservice then probably ppl don't know about Masou Gakuen or TLR kek
Jan 12, 2020 4:13 PM

Feb 2010
“I better let this woman get assaulted and lose her points before I help her.”

One of many reasons this was such a terrible first episode.
Jan 12, 2020 6:13 PM

Apr 2007
There was a lot of stupid in this episode, but I really enjoyed Sora no Otoshimono so I'm willing to give it a chance. Plus I like Hina's design a lot. I also don't mind the animation, but it's definitely lacking during fight scenes :/
Jan 12, 2020 8:10 PM

Nov 2008
"What's the Abyss?" "What are these numbers that everyone has?" "When was the Waste War?" - Character who has traveled more 40,000 km over the past five years.

Way to make your main character look stupid and useless (repeatedly). It's hard to overstate how badly this was written. I understand you want to slowly introduce your audience to these things, but doing so through the one person who should know better than ANYONE was a horrible call. It's not even like she's afraid to socialize; the first thing we see is her chatting it up with a couple of girls around her age. There's absolutely no reason for her to not understand how her own world works, especially something so fundamental as what happened to her own mother or that the Ace she's looking for shouldn't be alive since the war happened 300 years ago. No one mentioned that to her until now?!

As for having an issue with the fan service, yeah, I actually understand. There's certainly a right way and wrong way to do fan service, and no one seemed to know what the right way was, so they just made everyone incredibly rapey. Not a good look. I'm surprised the asshole military guy didn't start licking the tears off her face or something cringey like that...
Jan 13, 2020 1:39 AM

Jul 2016
Nick4x said:
"What's the Abyss?" "What are these numbers that everyone has?" "When was the Waste War?" - Character who has traveled more 40,000 km over the past five years.

Way to make your main character look stupid and useless (repeatedly). It's hard to overstate how badly this was written. I understand you want to slowly introduce your audience to these things, but doing so through the one person who should know better than ANYONE was a horrible call.

"Prepared to answer your question"
"Seeing the same old "bad writing" complainant"
"Stopped my hands for doing so"

You can complain this whatever the hell you wanted (Getting tired after explaining this crap so many times that nobody understand), but I would said it's studio's fault that makes her back story so "hard" to understand.

Nick4x said:
It's not even like she's afraid to socialize; the first thing we see is her chatting it up with a couple of girls around her age.

That scene was filler (Anime-only scene) so it's non canon. In the manga, nobody even bother to talking with her except Nana and Licht/Rihito.

Nick4x said:
There's absolutely no reason for her to not understand how her own world works, especially something so fundamental as what happened to her own mother or that the Ace she's looking for shouldn't be alive since the war happened 300 years ago. No one mentioned that to her until now?!

Her mother didn't told her because her mother knew that the Baron/Ace is still alive even after 300 years (The reason why she knew was a spoiler).

As for why other people didn't told her....... even if I explain this, I doubt you will understand and you will thought it's non-sense afterward (Based on your tone and majority of anime-only's reactions) so I won't bother with this.
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 13, 2020 2:00 AM
Jan 13, 2020 7:33 AM

Nov 2008
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Nick4x said:

Way to make your main character look stupid and useless (repeatedly). It's hard to overstate how badly this was written. I understand you want to slowly introduce your audience to these things, but doing so through the one person who should know better than ANYONE was a horrible call.

You can complain this whatever the hell you wanted (Getting tired after explaining this crap so many times that nobody understand), but I would said it's studio's fault that makes her back story so "hard" to understand.

Nick4x said:
It's not even like she's afraid to socialize; the first thing we see is her chatting it up with a couple of girls around her age.

That scene was filler (Anime-only scene) so it's non canon. In the manga, nobody even bother to talking with her except Nana and Licht/Rihito.

Nick4x said:
There's absolutely no reason for her to not understand how her own world works, especially something so fundamental as what happened to her own mother or that the Ace she's looking for shouldn't be alive since the war happened 300 years ago. No one mentioned that to her until now?!

Her mother didn't told her because her mother knew that the Baron/Ace is still alive even after 300 years (The reason why she knew was a spoiler).

As for why other people didn't told her....... even if I explain this, I doubt you will understand and you will thought it's non-sense afterward (Based on your tone and majority of anime-only's reactions) so I won't bother with this.
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Nick4x said:

Nick4x said:

Nick4x said:

Then let me say it plainly: I didn't read the manga. I'm not complaining about the manga because I haven't read it. If the manga explains it better, that's great, but it's the anime's job to make me WANT to view the source material. "The manga explains it better" is NOT a defense of the anime.

As for your last point, I never said the mother didn't know the Ace was still alive. I could figure out that the mother knew the Ace somehow. My complaint was that the daughter only seemed to learn that the Waste War happened 300 years ago in that episode. Her reaction showed that not a single person in her 5 years of traveling ever mentioned the Ace shouldn't still be alive.

My complaint mainly focused on the idea that the MC had no idea about very basic information concerning the world she'd been traveling when that makes NO sense. She should be the smartest person in this entire series, but she comes off like a person that started her journey yesterday and had never been allowed to see or learn about the outside world before then.

Again, I don't care if the manga is better. The anime is terrible, and I don't feel like reading the manga after watching such a painfully awful introduction.
Jan 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2016
Nick4x said:
Then let me say it plainly: I didn't read the manga. I'm not complaining about the manga because I haven't read it. If the manga explains it better, that's great, but it's the anime's job to make me WANT to view the source material. "The manga explains it better" is NOT a defense of the anime.

I'm just simply said the anime didn't do a good job at explaining stuffs lol. I didn't mean to defends it, especially with the fillers and (Stupid) setting changes done in the anime so far.

My complaint was that the daughter only seemed to learn that the Waste War happened 300 years ago in that episode. Her reaction showed that not a single person in her 5 years of traveling ever mentioned the Ace shouldn't still be alive.

One theory I could think was the legend itself has been forgotten for a long time (The manga did once stated the legend has been long forgotten from the citizen), that there's isn't many people actually remembers it or at least doesn't remember the full details of the Abandonment/Waste War. Seeing how Rihito/Licht stated there's many girls was all fooled by the sergeant guy before Hina fall into his trap just made this theory sounds more likely.

No idea why her mom never told her about the 300 years thing but I will ignored this at a moment. Since we still don't know who Tsukina (Hina's mom) actually was aside of her death and a very little details about her past. She may have her own reason to not told Hina about that.

Nick4x said:
Again, I don't care if the manga is better. The anime is terrible, and I don't feel like reading the manga after watching such a painfully awful introduction.

Whatever the anime is awful should have nothing to do with your enjoyment in the manga. I have seen a lot of bad anime adaptation before and yet I'm still able to enjoy the source materials without any problem.
Jan 14, 2020 7:12 AM

Feb 2012
Hey that was pretty good! I really enjoyed that episode. I'm excited for this one and the main chick is cute as.
Jan 17, 2020 4:56 PM

Feb 2014
stupid story plot logic = count rules are so random, might as well introduce a legendary jerk hero whose count is the number he masturbated..

stupid villain = hina has already fallen for his ploy, he could've taken her ballot easily without attacking her like a real moron acting on shitty script
Jan 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
Wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jan 18, 2020 5:59 AM

Jan 2018
bastek66 said:
emraanash said:

about abyss and number... why she didn't know that the question?

Maybe her mother didn't explain about it. Manga didn't reveal everything about Tsukina's death yet but it will go there as it has plot twist potential which Suu loves.

dude you are litteraly making no sense .
so what if her mother didnt tell her about the numbers .

hina is born in this world , right ??
she would know about the numbers even if her mother didnt tell her about that.

or is everything you know about the world just things your mother told you ?
no because humans learn Independent of their parents

also :"Knowing Suu there will be eventually reveal about how Tsukina's count reach zero and why Hina didn't know about it"

so you are telling me even in the source there hasnt been an explanation yet ?

just face it . this is a plothole and suu apperantly doesnt know how to do proper exposition
Jan 18, 2020 9:39 AM

May 2009
CuteAssTiger said:
bastek66 said:

Maybe her mother didn't explain about it. Manga didn't reveal everything about Tsukina's death yet but it will go there as it has plot twist potential which Suu loves.

also :"Knowing Suu there will be eventually reveal about how Tsukina's count reach zero and why Hina didn't know about it"

just face it . this is a plothole and suu apperantly doesnt know how to do proper exposition

The thing is Tsukina

So no, it's not a plot hole just because it wasn't explained yet.
Jan 18, 2020 9:40 AM

Apr 2010
So... Licht isn't as stupid and annoying as he first seemed. I really hope he's gonna act more like he did at the end of the episode, rather than the rest of it. (watched only the first episode, can't find the second)

Jan 18, 2020 2:25 PM

Jan 2018
bastek66 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

The thing is Tsukina

yeah but if she was born after the the number thing existed she would naturally learn about it and wouldnd need somebody to explain it to her

her mother being a scientist before that doesnt change anything about that
Jan 18, 2020 3:30 PM

May 2009
CuteAssTiger said:
bastek66 said:

The thing is Tsukina

yeah but if she was born after the the number thing existed she would naturally learn about it and wouldnd need somebody to explain it to her

There were no numbers 300 years earlier, so we don't know how Tsukina and Hina get them.
Jan 19, 2020 3:22 AM

Jan 2018
bastek66 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

There were no numbers 300 years earlier, so we don't know how Tsukina and Hina get them.

But hina would now about them either way because she was growing up during the time that the numbers were the norm .

it doesnt make sense that she grows up with the numbers and just doesnt know about them.

and then she gets it explained and the woman explaining it to her doesnt think that this is kind of weird.

for example.

we all know food right ?
its kind of normal .
everybody knows food . its part of our world .

now imagine you meet somebody and they just dont know what food is.
they ask you why people keep putting these things in their mouths .

would you just explain to them what food it or would you be confused how its possible that this person doesnt know about food ?

it doesnt make sense that hina doesnt know about the numbers. because she grew up in this world

and it doesnt make sense that the bar-women would not question the fact that she doesnt know about it because from her perspective everybody would have to know about something so basic

its a plothole either way
Jan 19, 2020 4:40 AM

May 2009
CuteAssTiger said:
But hina would now about them either way because she was growing up during the time that the numbers were the norm .

it doesnt make sense that she grows up with the numbers and just doesnt know about them.

and then she gets it explained and the woman explaining it to her doesnt think that this is kind of weird.

for example.

we all know food right ?
its kind of normal .

would you just explain to them what food it or would you be confused how its possible that this person doesnt know about food ?

it doesnt make sense that hina doesnt know about the numbers. because she grew up in this world

and it doesnt make sense that the bar-women would not question the fact that she doesnt know about it because from her perspective everybody would have to know about something so basic

We only know she was walking alone after she lost her mother, we don't know why her count reached zero. Considering they have personality changing drugs in this manga, it's possible they have memory changing too.
It's not a plothole until story is ongoing and her past is fully revealed. Deal with it.
Jan 19, 2020 7:29 AM

Jan 2018
bastek66 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

for example.

we all know food right ?
its kind of normal .

We only know she was walking alone after she lost her mother, we don't know why her count reached zero. Considering they have personality changing drugs in this manga, it's possible they have memory changing too.
It's not a plothole until story is ongoing and her past is fully revealed. Deal with it.

if something doesnt make sense its a plothole .
deal with that

even if hina is druged and just doesnt remember its still a plothole because the reaction of EVERYBODY else towards her not knowing about numbers doesnt make sense either

unless everybody is druged.
maybe the numbers dont exist and this anime is just about a drug trip and everything is imaginary

its a plothole either way.
its just very obvious that the author just made bad exposition . thats all there is to it.
You can strech and turn it and try to find excuses for it but the most logical explanation is that it is a plothole .

the author isnt going to retroactively expolain away that everybody takes drugs and didnt notice that hina should know about numbers
Jan 19, 2020 11:21 AM
Apr 2019
This show is remarkably awful. Like disregarding how half the entire episode was pretty much the lead girl getting sexually harassed which is awful in its own right, everything is so poorly thought out without an ounce of nuance or design. I've seen stupid things that are meant to be stupid but my god did this somehow beat them.
Jan 24, 2020 11:59 PM

Aug 2018
Stupid start I didn't like any character and the story is dumb too numbers
Feb 4, 2020 7:11 PM

Aug 2018
hmmm.. Just a little bit too rapey, bad dialogue, i think the ''PLOT'' alone can't hold this one, looks like its going to be shit. That is a drop for me...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Feb 5, 2020 10:40 AM
Jan 2014
How is the ecchi crap really? I'm interested due to the plot description, but the ecchi crap really scares me.

I remember watching Seven Deadly Sins and only years after watching it, I found out it had an ecchi tag, but I don't remember weird crap happening in there.
Feb 15, 2020 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good start, there were some a little hardcore scenes but i think the end compensated it, the appearance of the hero!
Can't wait to see their fight!

And damn, i really hope the MC isn't as perverted as he was in this episode..
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 20, 2020 6:25 PM
Jan 2017
Right from the beginning, this show is all about the cliches: we've got a perverted hero, an innocent girl and plenty of shots of boobs and legs. This wasn't a bad way to start the show, but it failed to provide a hook, a reason for me to keep watching. Still, the show is just getting started, so we'll see how it goes. I've been holding off on this show for quite a while now, so I'm not ready to drop it just yet.
Mar 2, 2020 7:31 PM
Jul 2017
I just finished the first episode & it was ok, provides u w/ an interesting idea. I belevie I'll keep w/ it
Mar 8, 2020 11:47 PM
Apr 2019
First episode for me was absolute garbage. The main hero is a weird ass perv who’s only redeeming attribute is being “The Ace”. The heroine is such a beta she stands up for a perv trying to rape her and then can’t stand up for herself even though she has more stars than the fake Ace. Then she cries about it and has to let the hero save her, which will probably end up happening the whole entire show. I have never been so annoyed with a first a episode my entire life
Apr 7, 2020 11:05 AM

Dec 2016
That militar is pure garbage for taking advantage on poor Hina and for fooling everyone believing is is the "legendary ace" by possessing a (fake) star. Not cool! That Licht guy surprised everyone for revealing his true identity. That blew up my mind! I am curious to know how this goes...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 11, 2020 7:38 AM

Dec 2008
wtf with numbers...not terribly original, but...somehow its kinda enjoyable...PLUS ECCHI! o>O

Kinda easy to predict whats going on, but the formula works most of the time. At least the look and style is better than some of the poorer drawn shows of late. And so far no cgi. SO FAR SO GOOD! ^~^
Jun 13, 2020 11:06 AM

Feb 2012
pretty meh so far, i could tell instantly that the real ace was that pervert guy and the one wearing blue is just an imposter. stupid female lead.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 19, 2020 12:27 AM

Jul 2015
Few minutes in and we can already see the Licht being enemy of all woman lol. Still curious to why Hina doesn't know the 'Count' system and would have been better for her to have a count on amount of times her legs are forcefully spread cause damn they get spread like every minute or so.....

Feb 14, 2021 7:54 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting first episode

May 15, 2021 9:04 AM

Aug 2017
Too much fanservice in the first part lol but it was funny if you ask me. It was obvious...this corrupt official was lying to Hina and she was going to be rescued by the True Ace. The thing with the numbers is super interesting.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 10, 2021 6:34 AM
Sep 2020
Nice start , I like the plot and the idea of the stars.

Licht and Hina are both cool , I like them !!! Licht is Also so cool and also a perv !!!
Aug 3, 2021 2:50 AM
Aug 2021
Waiting for new episodes very impatiently, looking forward to Hina an pudding making them babies. Though she may have to rape him but he will enjoy. I'm sure will end with a nose bleed 😆🤣😂 hurry up with my fav show episodes.
Aug 3, 2021 3:01 AM
Aug 2021
I noticed lots of questions that were totally answered in the anime actually every question on here was explained in the show are y'all even watching this is a awesome anime but seems like some people were not watching also if u watched in dub redo in sub, dub tend to use different wording maybe this will help many "OMG how do u not know that" questions 🤔😉
I truly enjoyed every episode waiting for season 2!!!!!!!!
Aug 3, 2021 3:17 AM
Aug 2021
She was raised on a mountain with just her mom u learn later her mother was trying to keep her out of harms way. since they had the stolen ballot she was never around anyone except her mom. which is why she is really good at hunting and forging in the woods since she was raised away from everything but this was all stated in the anime. although u find out little pieces of her story throughout the whole season, but she is very nieve and basically lost on real world stuff. since they were basically in hiding to keep the stolen ballot safe. I believe her mother wanted to end alician too. make sure to watch in sub dub tend to use different wording. Y'ALL may need to watch again seems like u missed lots. But some love an some hate it's all good you are allowed to have your own opinion but hope I explained ok.
Codybug03Aug 3, 2021 3:23 AM
Feb 27, 2022 7:24 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like a quite generic first episode, the protagonist and the antagonist were easily identifiable.
Aug 18, 2022 12:36 AM
Jul 2022
i mean nothing special it was ok
Aug 24, 2022 10:22 AM

Jun 2019
Really loved this show, first episode catched me to watch the entire thing, a weird mc as usual in shonen, but a very nice show, tries some new things, 100% worth watching and personally do not see why it gets so much hate.
Mar 5, 2023 8:27 PM
Mar 2023
Me encantó desde el primer cap.
Jul 10, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2022
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jul 27, 2023 8:09 PM
Jul 2023
No wonder this was on Mother's Basement's hottest trash list. It's so trashy it's incredible.
Dec 29, 2023 3:18 AM
Oct 2017
This series is going downhill. The basic premises is flawed. I can't tell if a person is required to accept a star challenge or not. What happens if they don't? If they must, and automatically lose, then why hasn't everyone just run around challenging everyone else, strip them of their stars and just crush everyone they can. Perhaps I am missing something, and there is a reason every male hasn't just rounded up every female with a lower score or just any female for that matter as all it takes is a fistfight to take stars.
Jan 10, 5:42 AM
Jan 2024
Reminds me of Seven Deadly Sins
Jul 3, 11:13 AM
Jul 2020
Humoricly introducing main characters
Jul 25, 3:46 AM

Jul 2012
Better watch hentai than watch this ep1 😑 sucksss

For those talk about ecchi..
This about forced 😑 N they put that number on there..
But the girl resist.. If the girl isn't resist or seduct the boy then punch / kick 'em.. That could be another story.. The feeling u got will be diff..

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

38 by Narity_ »»
Sep 18, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2020

41 by Meinis »»
Jul 21, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2020

84 by -ODA- »»
Jul 10, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2020

88 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Jun 27, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

49 by stevenw24 »»
May 14, 10:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.