Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2009 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
I cant believe he died like this...its because of that asshole oberstein. If only his gun wasnt removed he wouldve easily shot that demented moron Ansbach the moment he pulled out his stupid blaster :(
damn that bastard oberstein...dunno why ppl love him so much. Its all his fault :(
eyerokDec 17, 2009 11:43 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 31, 2009 1:25 AM

Apr 2009
omgwtf that was unexpected o_O
Jan 1, 2010 9:58 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, I didn't see Kircheis' death coming. Now I guess would be the time for Reinhard to get a little 'crazy' in his business about taking over the universe.
Jan 9, 2010 1:01 PM

Dec 2008
It's pretty obvious that Reinhard is about to become one ruthless motherfucker.

R.I.P. Siegfried!
Feb 21, 2010 1:40 PM

Sep 2009
I can't believe Kircheis died so quickly! ;_; Who's going to balance out Lohengramm now? Certainly not Oberstein..
Mar 14, 2010 5:45 AM

Apr 2009
God damn it, NO ;__; one of my favourite characters in the whole huge cast D: I knew he was going to jump in between Ansbach and Reinhard, I just knew it. I'm raging so much you wouldn't believe. And I'm not crying, nu-uh, not at all... >.>
I can see Reinhard becoming a ruthless tyrant without Kircheis to balance Oberstein's Machiavelli-ness out...I just hope he never crosses that line.

Can't get over Kircheis. DAMN. Why do my favourite characters tend to die?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 30, 2010 6:34 PM

Nov 2009
KIRCHEIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! now that stupid blonde is going to be cntroled by oberstein
BluuuMar 30, 2010 6:54 PM
Apr 24, 2010 7:28 PM

Aug 2008
Kircheis was like Reinhard's good half. Left with Oberstein, the Empire is bound to be screwed and royally so. What a shame. I wish it was Oberstein who died. That guy is a nutcase. Smart, but a nutcase nonetheless. And completely without morals or other redeemable qualities other than being too smart for anyone's good.
Apr 29, 2010 12:43 PM

Oct 2009
I was hoping Oberstein would die. I still hope he does.

And for someone who was trying to keep Lohengramm on the straight-and-narrow path of righteousness, Kircheis sure did have a counterproductive choice of last words. Left with the decisions he's already made about morality and the cost of human life, Oberstein's cold and calculating advice, and Kircheis's last words: "Take over the universe, bro!" I predict that Lohengramm becomes Hitler, at least temporarily.

I swear, with every major decision he makes, Lohengramm becomes more and more like Yagami Light. Whoever said Death Note is like LotGH for kids was right. <3
Jun 2, 2010 10:21 AM

Feb 2010
^
Yes it's true Kircheis last words were not very wisely chosen :/
Overall I didn't expect him to die (yet). He was probably my favorite character of the show, I imagined him being there for a very long time :(
It will take some time getting used to him not being at Reinhards side, but I'm already looking forward to the Gaiden episodes with Kircheis still alive :D
AlcoholicideJun 18, 2010 4:59 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 18, 2010 4:57 PM
Feb 2010
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!
Jun 19, 2010 4:18 PM

Jul 2008
net_nomad said:
Kircheis was like Reinhard's good half.
This. Reinhard is too easily influenced by Oberstein. DDDDDDDD:

KIRCHEIS NOOOOOOOOOOO ;____;

BEGINNER
Jul 19, 2010 7:35 PM

Feb 2010
at this point I'm thinking the series is no longer a chore to watch. I like this a lot.
Jul 21, 2010 2:12 PM

Jun 2008
Alas86 said:
An AMV dedicated to Sieg, Reinhard & their friendship... seriously this song by Iced Earth feels like it was written specificaly for them.

Note that although I dont consider it spoilerous it does contain a small glimpse of the awesomeness that follows the most defining moment(only rivaled by his sister's forced concubinage) in lord Reinhard's life...

I love that song and the video nice too.
Aug 6, 2010 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
To all the Oberstein haters: Did anyone notice how Oberstein wanted to protect Reinhard with his life from the incoming missle?
Aug 6, 2010 1:52 PM
Jun 2010
eyerok said:
danz said:
To all the Oberstein haters: Did anyone notice how Oberstein wanted to protect Reinhard with his life from the incoming missle?

yes but that still doesn't change the fact that he's an asshole; And being an asshole doesn't mean he's not awesome (this is in reference to episode 110) ;)

Oh shit, don't tell me he'll survive till episode 110 :-/

Aug 7, 2010 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
supersayen said:
eyerok said:
danz said:

yes but that still doesn't change the fact that he's an asshole; And being an asshole doesn't mean he's not awesome (this is in reference to episode 110) ;)

Oh shit, don't tell me he'll survive till episode 110 :-/

I didn't say that :P
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 15, 2010 10:25 AM

May 2010
Well, so much for my prediction of Kircheis and Lohangramm eventually becoming enemies, I guess I should have opted for the more obvious (but less poetic) scenario of Kircheis dying. But, so soon? I think all of the obvious developments will be used up by episode 50 or so, meaning this show will have to have to start taking a more original plot trajectory soon. I can't wait! I loved the first season, btw, definitely a 7.5/10, and clearly only going to get better from here.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 30, 2010 5:42 PM

Apr 2009
OH NOOOOO!!! They finally killed my favorite character... T_T

It looks like Reinhard did really lose half of himself because of that. I think the look on Annerose's face answered Reinhard's question, I feel too bad about that long time silent relationship which makes this episode even sadder for me.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 5, 2010 4:01 PM

Jan 2010
enchugo said:

Prediction: Reinhard will become a bad guy because Kircheis is gone and no one will remind him anymore of what's right and wrong. He'll end up following Oberstein's advices even if they are quite evil, because he's aim is to fulfill his promise to Kircheis. Then of course in the end Yang Wenli will win because he's the good guy.

that's exactly how I think it'll turn out :),but we'll see...there's still a long way to go

as i said,I couldn't "enjoy" Sieg's death because i was spoiled...but this is quite a stupid way to die i think...it could have been avoided
you'd think that 1000 years into the future they'll have an x-ray machine that'll detect the weapon in the coffin...

oh well,i'm sorry that sieg died,now reinhard will lose it completely
i think i start to see the similarities between Reinhard and Light

the death scene was sad but it isn't on the same length as the death scene in Clannad after story or cowboy bebop

5/5 anyway and for the 1st season(i guess this was the end of the 1st season..) 8/10 :-)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 6, 2010 1:23 AM

May 2009
clannad4ever said:
enchugo said:

Prediction: Reinhard will become a bad guy because Kircheis is gone and no one will remind him anymore of what's right and wrong. He'll end up following Oberstein's advices even if they are quite evil, because he's aim is to fulfill his promise to Kircheis. Then of course in the end Yang Wenli will win because he's the good guy.

that's exactly how I think it'll turn out :),but we'll see...there's still a long way to go

as i said,I couldn't "enjoy" Sieg's death because i was spoiled...but this is quite a stupid way to die i think...it could have been avoided
you'd think that 1000 years into the future they'll have an x-ray machine that'll detect the weapon in the coffin...

the death scene was sad but it isn't on the same length as the death scene in Clannad after story or cowboy bebop

5/5 anyway and for the 1st season(i guess this was the end of the 1st season..) 8/10 :-)

you've seen nothing yet....

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Sep 6, 2010 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
Of course crapnad's death scenes aren't on the same length as lotgh's.

In crapnad you could collect "light bulbs" so god's hand can push the reset button, so it was kinda disney death.

In lotgh there's no coming back. No shitty light bulbs, no reset buttons. Kircheis' death wasn't all that melodramatic - how many deaths in real life were!? How many people died in a stupid way?

So lotgh ownz crappy melodrama.
Sep 6, 2010 3:16 PM

Jan 2010
orzel286 said:

In crapnad you could collect "light bulbs" so god's hand can push the reset button, so it was kinda disney death.

In lotgh there's no coming back. No shitty light bulbs, no reset buttons. Kircheis' death wasn't all that melodramatic - how many deaths in real life were!? How many people died in a stupid way?

hey,goth lucky star fanboy...you're still around?
nobody asked for your oppinion
clannad4everSep 6, 2010 3:21 PM
Sayonara,papa!

~Athena Glory,Aria

Sep 6, 2010 3:32 PM

Jul 2009
JP_rNr said:
clannad4ever said:
enchugo said:

you've seen nothing yet....

...rNr...

QFT !
Sep 7, 2010 9:18 AM

Jul 2009
clannad4ever said:

nobody asked for your oppinion

Right back at ya trolling fool.

Remember this?

/pwned
Sep 7, 2010 3:32 PM

Jan 2010
jesus christ dude that print was taken in april O.o,is this your hobby or something?
**i know because i didn't finish Higurashi Kai back then

yeah i was on troll mode for a few days because lotgh went from 8.95 to 9.09 in one day!
i was just trying to equilibrate things because someone obviously trolled lotgh up the charts...i wonder who

but anyhow i don't see how this matters...you can see i'm giving lotgh a chance while you are the one that's trolling clannad

now i'll be a little offtopic...please explain me your logic

seriously..this is "masterpiece" for you

and this is "unwatchable"?

okaaay man whatever
clannad4everSep 7, 2010 3:56 PM
Sayonara,papa!

~Athena Glory,Aria

Sep 8, 2010 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
clannad4ever said:
jesus christ dude that print was taken in april O.o,is this your hobby or something?
**i know because i didn't finish Higurashi Kai back then

yeah i was on troll mode for a few days because lotgh went from 8.95 to 9.09 in one day!
i was just trying to equilibrate things because someone obviously trolled lotgh up the charts...i wonder who

ADMINS UPTROLLED LOTGH!!! LMAO!!!
There was a massive action of deleting troll acc's back then if you didn't notice.
*too bad that yours wasn't deleted due to mal's policy - yes I reported it in the right thread... consider yourself lucky*
btw - i even have the exact date when i took those screenshots - 26-04-2010 17:07 (GMT +01:00) lol

but anyhow i don't see how this matters...you can see i'm giving lotgh a chance while you are the one that's trolling clannad

Well it matters - you were trollin' but obviously didn't have the balls to keep it up. And that proves that you are a liar, fucking idiot and you don't have even a smallest bit of credibility.

now i'll be a little offtopic...please explain me your logic

seriously..this is "masterpiece" for you

and this is "unwatchable"?

okaaay man whatever

Your opinions of what's good or not doesn't mean shit to me since
1)you're a fanboy of one of the most overhyped crap throughout teh internetz.
2)you attempted at trolling and failed. That's one hell of an accomlishment - gratz :P
So can i haz u STFU & GTFO?...
but i'll guess i'm just going to ignore ya.
kthxbb.
orzel286Sep 8, 2010 10:48 AM
Sep 8, 2010 7:03 PM
Jun 2010
orzel286 said:

Lol why u mad bro? Clannad is supernatural LOGH isn't. And thanks for spoiling Clannad After Story.
supersayenSep 9, 2010 5:41 PM

Sep 9, 2010 12:06 AM

Jul 2009
supersayen said:

Lol why u mad bro? Clannad is supernatural LOGH isn't.

It doesn't change the fact that light bulbs were a plot device used to achieve happy ending at all costs. Even when you have superpowers/supernatural events they have to be acceptable within universes law (star wars - jedi/sith for example). It seems light bulbs were added ad hoc and the effect was - ending was way too cheesy to suspend the disbelief.

And thanks for spoiling Clannad After Life.

lol np :]
Sep 9, 2010 5:39 PM

Sep 2008
@ Orzel
well maybe he has seen the error of his ways and wants to give the show a fair shot

@Clannad4ever
no one trolled the show so it could get higher ratings. People were rating it down without watching it and some even created fake accounts to make do that, so their fav XYZ show could get a higher rank on the top anime page. Mods have had to delete all those accounts, and the higher "bump" was actually the result of that purge
Sep 11, 2010 2:33 AM

Jan 2008
Settle down children. This is an episode discussion thread, let's not ruin it. There's always the spam forum for taking things to the next level.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 11, 2010 3:52 AM

May 2009
Beatnik said:
Settle down children. This is an episode discussion thread, let's not ruin it. There's always the spam forum for taking things to the next level.

agreed....remember what happened with daisuki-chan?...

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Sep 11, 2010 11:38 AM

Jan 2010
eyerok said:

@Clannad4ever
no one trolled the show so it could get higher ratings. People were rating it down without watching it and some even created fake accounts to make do that, so their fav XYZ show could get a higher rank on the top anime page. Mods have had to delete all those accounts, and the higher "bump" was actually the result of that purge

i know mate but i don't find it fair that only lotgh got "cleaned up"
i think we all can agree that all the anime that are in top 5 would have at least 0.10 points added if all were cleaned up...

now i don't care anymore about the mal top score but imagine how could i react after when i gone to sleep the scores were something like

and when i woke up they were:

i agree with Beatnik,this is an episode discution thread,not a ranting zone,so it's better to just get over it
if orzel thought i was a troll,look,i'm sorry man,i know i acted like a kid trolling lotgh down,but i was pissed off,and i think what matters it's that i'm currently watching and enjoying it,and not being a locker head.
peace :)
clannad4everSep 11, 2010 11:43 AM
Sayonara,papa!

~Athena Glory,Aria

Sep 11, 2010 1:20 PM

Apr 2010
clannad4ever said:

i know mate but i don't find it fair that only lotgh got "cleaned up"
i think we all can agree that all the anime that are in top 5 would have at least 0.10 points added if all were cleaned up...

now i don't care anymore about the mal top score but imagine how could i react after when i gone to sleep the scores were something like

and when i woke up they were:

This post is so stupid, it completely ignores all math logic in every possible way. The "troll votes" for fma:b only account for 0.46% of all the votes whereas the logh votes total 3.94% not to mention the massive spike for 1's. Without even doing any of the math it would be obvious that removing all the 1-3's would push logh far above fma:b because of its massive 10/10 fanbase.
Sep 15, 2010 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
true, Lotgh is more trolled than any of the top anime, compared to total scores. Thats why I like this episode so much. Its just sweet how Yang did that, and Kircheies was just plain awesome!
Nov 16, 2010 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe Kircheis died, I thought he'd be with us the whole series... :( Excellent episode.
Nov 16, 2010 2:13 AM

Jun 2009
I can't believe people are still bitching about trolls. And, ah, I both hated and loved this episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 20, 2010 6:28 PM

May 2010
No...No......No......NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KIRCHEIS!!! YOU FORGOT TO TELL ANNEROSE YOU LOVE HER!!!!

During the meeting between Rienhard and Annerose, why did Annerose want to leave the mansion? Doesn't she know she could be taken hostage and Rienhard would have a lot of crap to deal with?

When Reinhard asked whether Kircheis and her were in love, I want to know the truth!!! Why did they cut it off!!??

And did Oberstein made up the "criminal" just to take advantage?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 21, 2010 1:20 AM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:

When Reinhard asked whether Kircheis and her were in love, I want to know the truth!!! Why did they cut it off!!??

it was obvious anyways. Reinhard did say "I see", so that means he got an affirmative. Maybe she didn't say it out loud but her expression was enough confirmation.
Nov 21, 2010 10:18 AM

May 2010
eyerok said:
Confucius said:

it was obvious anyways. Reinhard did say "I see", so that means he got an affirmative. Maybe she didn't say it out loud but her expression was enough confirmation.

Well I am stupid...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 14, 2010 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
poor kircheis. RIP.
Mar 17, 2011 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
Well I knew this would happen eventually but I was not expecting Kierchies to die so soon. I guess since this is the end of the season they had to do something dramatic.

Now Reinhard doesn't have anyone to make sure he behaves completely morally, which could be good in his position I guess. Still I feel bad for them both :( How old are they anyway, 21? That is way too young to die under any circumstance, but I guess they haven't been kids for a long time because of how much power and responsibility they have.

Now we get some foreshadowing that Yang and Reinhard may become friends in some way? I hope so, or that they will at least have some interesting meetings in which they aren't trying to kill each other.
Apr 1, 2011 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
Holy shit, spoilers in this thread. I have already been terribly spoiled so this death doesn't impact me as much as say Jessica's. I always think the love between Lady Annerose and Kircheis was one-sided on his part. I guess it's nice to see Annerose reciprocate to his feelings, however subtle her actions was.

Season 1 was a perfect introduction to the story and it set up the rivalry, friendly or not, between our two main leads. It's going to be an interesting confrontation between an resolved Reinhard who knows no bounds in his conquest and the ever peace-loving Yang.

tainteddonut said:
When someone like Oberstein actually stops for a second to question a bad act, you know that you've crossed the line. Reinhard went way beyond that line.

Nicely put, well said.
May 16, 2011 2:29 PM

Jan 2011
I shed a single manly tear during this episode.
Jun 20, 2011 10:46 AM

Oct 2009
Kircheis!!!!! Nooooooooooo!!!! ))))): I knew he was going to die, but this was way too soon! He was such a great character and my favorite at that D: This sucks :\
And Reinhard's sister had to leave him too, poor guy, looks like his going down a rather dark road, i still don't trust or like Oberstein :|| he kinda pisses me off =.=

Well lets see whats in store for Reinhard and Yang Wenli.
Jul 28, 2011 5:02 AM

Aug 2009
.... Reinhard is going to go down the wrong road without Kircheis.. Killing all males over the age of 10? Dear lord.

This show... I can't handle the awesome anymore!
Aug 3, 2011 7:59 PM
Jun 2011
naikou said:
LoveWifeLunch said:

And the "Shadows must accompany their light. But if the light dims... Don't the shadows, too?" quote... I am sort of confused.

Does Oberstein mean that Reinhard was really following Sieg and that since Sieg is dead Reinhard will become weaker and it will be easier to control Reinhard for his own ambitions?

/Or/ that Sieg died because Reinhard is weak?

I feel like Oberstein was saying that Reinhard was the shadow and Sieg was the light and now that Sieg is gone Reinhard needs his sister to be the light...I may be wrong though since it seems that his sister will not have much influence on him now. Nice to see Oberstein seem slightly sentimental. I'm bummed about Sieg for sure, but I liked that Reinhard posed the question "Is Yang Wenli my friend or my enemy?" I thought it was funny that at the end of the episode the subs said there were 4 words on Sieg's tombstone...My Best Friend.
No, I'm pretty sure that Obelstein is the shadow that follows Reinhard. He was saying that it's necessary for Reinhard to be strong, or Obelstein will also get weaker. In other words, we can't have the host getting weak, or the parasite won't have as much blood to drink...
Aug 29, 2011 5:48 AM

Jan 2008
damn, I already expected that Kircheis would try to protect Reinhard by all means but I never expected that he would die by doing so. <_<'
Sep 1, 2011 7:34 PM
Jul 2010
If only Kircheis stayed alive…

"Shadows must accompany their light. But if the light dims... Don't the shadows, too?" - Oberstein

I don't think Oberstein was talking about manipulating Reinhard. He meant that without Kircheis' compassionate influence, Oberstein couldn't advise with as much cold logic. Reinhard generates enough on his own.
When Oberstein says "no number 2 allowed" he means himself as well. A competing advisor is necessary to maintain the balance of power.
Sep 19, 2011 1:51 PM
Oct 2010
I agree, the death of Kircheis was bound to happen, sooner or later. The whole plot was building up to this...but...why did they kill the best character this early...I just don't understand....
Let me guess, now the shit is going to hit the fan in the show, isn't it? And the whole rest of LoGH I'm going to be thinking "Man, if Kircheis just hadn't been killed, everything would have turned out ok..."

"Wen die Götter lieben, der stirbt jung."
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 106 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

91 by ryzxgum »»
Today, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 6, 2008

82 by ryzxgum »»
Yesterday, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 )

58 by ryzxgum »»
Yesterday, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 98 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

136 by ryzxgum »»
Yesterday, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 31, 2008

83 by ELuck42 »»
May 26, 10:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.