Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever watched an anime or manga and thought,"How the heck did it became so popular"?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 15, 2019 8:03 PM
Jan 2018
You have to be pretty stupid to not understand how something became popular.
Or is this another overrated thread in disguise?
Jul 15, 2019 8:03 PM

Apr 2019
Johan said:
Gingko said:

Miyazaki and Shinkai are different kinds of storytellers, its not right to say that one is better than another.

Kimi no na Wa is a great movie, as Chihiro, Mononoke and Nausicaa.

If you want to insult someone then pls insult the user, not the little old man Miyazaki.

No disrespect to Miyazaki - he has 4 films in my top 10 all time (Spirited Away, Mononoke, Totoro, and Howl's moving castle)

But I do believe Kimi no na wa was better than any of them individually.

Visually? Of course, but in the other aspects... I mean the plot of Kimi no na wa is very well structured, but I dont think Spirited Away is worse.

Creativity is out of the question, Shinkai has better films if we talk about creativity, I´m not even sure if Kimi no na wa is his best film...

You may say that you like Kimi no na wa much more than Miyazaki filmography, but its all about taste.
Jul 15, 2019 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
One Punch Man
I still don't exactly understand why people like OPM so much. Aside from Saitama. the cyborg, and the guy on the bicycle, all the characters are unlikable. People say Re: Zero has no sense of direction to its story, but OPM is far worse in this department. There is no clear plot or a sense of direction to where the story's going, stuff just...happens.

Fullmetal Alchemist (including Brotherhood)
I really like this series, and I think it's really good, but I don't exactly understand what's special about it, aside from the concept of alchemy. The way FMA is structured and progresses, overall just feels very...conventional. Like sure, My Hero Academia is also conventional, but it had that "spark" of being an underdog story with superheroes.

Colorful
I hated this movie. It's just boring, in how it shoves its themes in your face, without actually exploring them in depth.
Sword Art Online
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I don't understand how this series remained popular after the 1st arc.
Jul 15, 2019 8:07 PM

Apr 2015
No Game No Life. I would think the loli fanservice would be a turnoff to normies, along with it not being that great.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 15, 2019 8:07 PM

Apr 2019
HopefulNihilist said:

Sword Art Online
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I don't understand how this series remained popular after the 1st arc.

I know its unbelieveble, but I think the only reason is that a lot of people love the characters, I mean..yeah.,. that characters...
Jul 15, 2019 8:12 PM

May 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
One Punch Man
I still don't exactly understand why people like OPM so much. Aside from Saitama. the cyborg, and the guy on the bicycle, all the characters are unlikable. People say Re: Zero has no sense of direction to its story, but OPM is far worse in this department. There is no clear plot or a sense of direction to where the story's going, stuff just...happens.

I really like this series, and I think it's really good, but I don't exactly understand what's special about it, aside from the concept of alchemy. The way FMA is structured and progresses, overall just feels very...conventional. Like sure, My Hero Academia is also conventional, but it had that "spark" of being an underdog story with superheroes.

Colorful
I hated this movie. It's just boring, in how it shoves its themes in your face, without actually exploring them in depth.
Sword Art Online

I can't believe you're still typing in the forums. I maybe i should stop beating the dead horse that is your MAL reputation

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Nov 2016
First Let me Beat the Dead Horse a Bit more:
-Darling in the FranXX
-Akame Ga Kill
-Sword Art Online
-Dragon Ball Super (Even GT was better)
-Tate no Yuusha
-Tokyo Ghoul after S1

Now let's get to the Real Hot Takes:
Fuuka
You might be saying "Fuuka isn't popular though". Let me take you back to Winter 2017. In a lot of Anime Circles I frequented back then , mostly Latin American ones on Facebook, Fuuka was fairly popular as a Anime that had potential. Mostly to meme but potential none the less. At the start I really liked it but I guess that it is because I had just come out of a BIG hiatus and my taste was Kinda shit. The anime had a break between 2 episodes and I decided to read the manga. That is when I realized how shit the Anime was. Mostly after They changed a Mayor plot point. Maybe if they hadn't deleted Truck Kun from the show It would've been at least decent since it would be accurate. That part was the best one because of the Character development it caused honestly. It was Momentarily popular but not tha many people remember it anymore. Quite deserved Honeslty.

Another
This one I think I never really liked. When I started watching Anime I liked this just because of the edgyness and the Gore but now that I think about it that was the only reason anyone liked it thiinking it made them unique. It is just an Anime version of Final Destination which a ton of people loved even though they didn't like the real thing. Thats is mostly what I don't understand

There have to be others but these are the ones I remember right now Probably because I put the rest In the Beating up Joergen... I Mean "Beating up a Dead Horse" Category.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
Johan said:
HopefulNihilist said:
One Punch Man

Colorful
Sword Art Online

I can't believe you're still typing in the forums. I maybe i should stop beating the dead horse that is your MAL reputation

Whether I type in forums or not, is none of your business
You, Manaban, and Katsucats, are the only people whom I've frequently got into conflict with in the past year on MAL.
Maybe that says something more about you guys being condescending, rude, people than about me.

Gingko said:
HopefulNihilist said:

Sword Art Online

I know its unbelieveble, but I think the only reason is that a lot of people love the characters, I mean..yeah.,. that characters...

But that's the thing: aside from Kirito for being a self-insert, and maybe Asuna for being generic waifu-material, and Shion for actually having development, I don't understand which characters in SAO people cared for.
Jul 15, 2019 8:30 PM

May 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
Johan said:

Whether I type in forums or not, is none of your business
You, Manaban, and Katsucats, are the only people whom I've frequently got into conflict with in the past year on MAL.
Maybe that says something more about you guys being condescending, rude, people than about me.

Gingko said:

But that's the thing: aside from Kirito for being a self-insert, and maybe Asuna for being generic waifu-material, and Shion for actually having development, I don't understand which characters in SAO people cared for.

Bro your arguments are literally autistic. I promise no-one likes Kirito as an insert character or Asuna for being a waifu.

I've shut down dozens of SAO threads in the past- and you just want to come in here with your recycled talking points, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 15, 2019 9:22 PM

Dec 2017
for me its rezero, bc the main character is the biggest idiot ever, i dropped it at episode 8 or smth when he jumped off the cliff because it appears to me he cant learn from his mistakes, after dying idk how many times ur still getting nowhere my friend told me later on he figured out dying isnt the answer, but AFTER HOW MANY EPISODES!! >.<
Jul 15, 2019 9:57 PM

Dec 2017
Most isekai tend to fall into this category

I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy.

Jul 15, 2019 11:14 PM

Oct 2015
Soul Eater.

I honestly tried my best to get into it. But I couldn't.
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
Jul 15, 2019 11:52 PM

Nov 2011
Popular thing is most likely a mediocre thing, so it never really surprised me why an "average" show became popular.. But at the same time there are also other group of people who can appreciate, say, a real good anime, so it is also not a surprising thing when a good anime becomes popular, but by different group of people ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 16, 2019 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
Johan said:
petran79 said:
Aside from social media and vocal minorities:

Death Note had the fortune of being one of the first anime to get a dubbed version shortly after the Japanese original and be broadcast abroad at prime time in a popular channel. While Monster was less fortunate, its license was cancelled and not all DVDs were released.

Same for late Ghibili movies. They are nowhere near the quality of previous decade when they won the Oscar, let alone their 80s and 90s films that also targeted older audiences. But they have traditional connections with Disney and Hollywood

15 / 07 / 19

After searching through multiple threads on AD i have come across the daily award for dumbest post of the day.

I;'m guessing you never watched "When Marnie was there" or "Tale of Princess Kaguya" cause those are both unabated masterpieces.

Dont be hasty!

I watched both on cinema actually. Thread is about why Ghibili movies are popular and it does not have to do with quality.

Princess Kaguya flopped though because it tried to do something very different from the Ghibili formula. Marnie while good, did not try to deviate from that formula either.
While even in Japan you have Ghibili like films and even Makoto Shinkai tried to make one without success.
I am referring to that trend which makes those films overrated and the commercial failure of Kaguya proves that.
Kaguya deserved the best film of the year if not top 5 of the last 20 years. It was not treated fair.

Jul 16, 2019 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
I honestly don it get why shows like Tokyo Ghoul and No Game No Life are popular. I mean, one's an average dark seinen with a nonsensical anime adaptation, and the other's an ecchi, harem-ish isekai with flashy colours.
While I can understand why people love the shit out of them, personally I don't really like these two shows.
It's probably because of their source materials I guess.
Jul 16, 2019 1:33 AM

Aug 2015
Gorochu said:
Another one of those overrated thread?

Virtually every other thread is a copypaste of the already discussed topics on Mal,as there are very few new topics left to be discussed,even i want to answer some unique and interesting questions

Maybe you should make one?
Jul 16, 2019 2:02 AM

Nov 2008
Highschool DxD
It's because demons are cool? Becauise that's the only explanation. The fanservice is so mamocentric and stupid with the chest focus becoming so ridiculous the franchise is its own parody at this point, and the less said from the Arceus-awful main character the better. Meanwhile Ikkitousen and Queen's Blade get no respect, most likely because they lack a male character who wants to bang every girl. Sad.

Keijo
Only in the West, for Japanese are smart and didn't like the show. Mostly the issue comes from people missing the point and thinking it's a great ass fanservice show. It's not. It's about asses being weapons and getting treated as nothing else. Even the reveal of Nozomi's ass being big comes as her having to train more. Meanwhile when it comes to sex appeal the show, like every single goddamned fanservice anime, worships oversized breasts and hates flat chests. Such a great ass show!

Prison School
Besides the show being about as funny as getting a vasesctomy people bring it up way too much to praise the scene where a guy praises asses. Except actually the guy is fooling a real ass fan into supporting them and thinking of breasts the whole time. So it's not a show that praises asses, but as show that mocks ass fans instead. Context is hard.

Ore no Love Comedy something or the other
The main character is awful beyond woirds, but he's the most popular part of the show. I guess the average viewer of this show is about 13 and likes cringey teenagers, because an adult would want to slap the taste off this whiny kid's mouth instead.

Clannad After Story
Nagisa is boring and she's the center of the show. Yay.

Smile/DokiDoki/GoPri/KiraKira/Hugtto PreCure
Are... Are PreCure fans selfdestructive? Smile isn't as bad but it sowed the seeds for the issues the other four all have. Formulaic, bad plots, awful unbalanced casts, bland fights, dumb mascots, and many more. And yet Maho which was amazing is meet with meganger. Sad.

Aikatsu Stars
For some reason Western fans like this season far better than the others. They must be all Yume fanboys who hate Ako even more the writers did, because otherwise this horribly biased and unbalanced season would get the disdain it rightfully deserves.
Jul 16, 2019 2:57 AM

Jun 2019
Yes monster it was the most boring anime that I watched. Art style was bland it doesn't even look like anime. Character were one dimensional DR Tenama in particular was boring just a goody two shoes guy best episodes were those that he wasn't around and Johan was nothing but plot device although that monster tale was kinda cool I have to admit.
And don't even start me on weeb detective and how dumb the ending is since nothing is resolved and everything is back at the square one.
Jul 16, 2019 4:31 AM

Jun 2019
HopefulNihilist said:

I quite enjoy FMA, but I agreed. I gave both series a 7. I don't understand why people think it's the best anime ever. Both versions of the anime have their highlights, but also issues.

Jul 16, 2019 4:37 AM

Oct 2013
EGOIST said:
Every damn isekai. It's the same shit literally 75% of the time and people still eat it up

This.

I can't wait for this fad to die out.
Jul 16, 2019 5:51 AM

Jul 2017
Gulty Crown, Franxx, Mirai Nikki... And most recently, at first it did manage to attract a great amount of people, because it seemed really promising, but ended up being as lifeless as a field of withered plants: Fairy Gone.
Jul 16, 2019 6:32 AM
Jul 2019
desusama said:
Xstasy said:
No all anime that are popular are popular for a reason, it means that are people that do enjoy them even if you don't.
People in general have a different tastes.

I just don't understand why is it so difficult to grasp that others like things that you don't and vice versa.
This is like 10th tread with the same question why is X(overrated,underrated,popular,unpopular,hated,loved,etc...) and the answer is the same different anime fans have different taste.

So your argument is that people like and dislike different things but then you're upset that different people dislike different things?

I will never understand how Re: Zero, Shield Hero and Attack on Titan got as popular as they did.
Because AOT was able to create a strong first impression with the viewers unlike most anime.Don't know about the other two
Jul 16, 2019 8:22 AM
Mar 2016
me with Fire Force rn
and Angel Beats
and Re:Zero
and Jojo first part
Jul 16, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2017
Well since Attack on Titan is already said, I would have to go with Gintama and Fullmetal Alchemist.

For Gintama, slapstick was all fine but Gintoki doing something stupid, Kagura saying something obscene and Shinpachi screaming at them at the top of his lungs got old really fast for me. Surprisingly I watched the entire thing till the end of the arc where the immortal guy falls into earth's own energy to commit suicide in admiration of the enemies fighting spirit. Very convenient since Gintoki cant best even a one eyed friend on direct combat, let alone Yato or an immortal human.

Fullmetal Alchemist was a great concept to me but basically it felt like Saiyuki Reloaded. They are on a quest that goes on and on while encountering enemies. Couldnt find much appeal from that as well

Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Jul 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2016
Hunter x Hunter, 3-gatsu no Lion, Monogatari series, Boku no Hero Academia, SAO
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 16, 2019 9:45 AM

Feb 2017
-One Piece
-Naruto (includes Shippudden and Boruto)
-Fairy Tail
-Kill la Kill
-Konosuba, Re:Zero (or any recent isekai)
-Mirai Nikki
-Bleach
-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
-Hunter x Hunter
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Osomatsu-san
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jul 16, 2019 9:53 AM

Oct 2018
AnimaExZero said:
-One Piece
-Naruto (includes Shippudden and Boruto)
-Fairy Tail
-Kill la Kill
-Konosuba, Re:Zero (or any recent isekai)
-Mirai Nikki
-Bleach
-Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure
-Hunter x Hunter
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Osomatsu-san
so basically every battle shonen? I guess you aren't fan of this genre and as for future diary even I have no idea why It's so popular.
Ri22rkJul 16, 2019 9:59 AM
Jul 16, 2019 11:10 AM

Aug 2016
Probably grand blue fantasy. Its american pie, but awful.
:v
Jul 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Aug 2016
Honestly it surprises me how Noragami is at like #15 in popularity, personality I don't really care for it, but I never really see anyone talk about Noragami in anime servers or just anywhere tbh. I hardly see anything about it at all so it's weird going through the popular list and remembering oh yeah Noragami was an anime.
Jul 16, 2019 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
All I'm gathering from this thread is that people have difference preferences. There will never be a 100% consensus on what's deserves to be overrated and what doesn't. At the end of the day, enjoy wtf you want and move on.
Jul 16, 2019 12:40 PM

Aug 2010
i could say something like Tokyo Ghoul but i understand that theres tons of people who are cool with a lack of substance because they like edgy masks that much

I could say Hellsing/drifters
But i understand that apparently a Creepy Smile is enough for people to think a show is amazing.

i guess what im trying to say is, the majority of people always have nebulous reasons for why they like stuff
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jul 16, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
Fairy tale: I don't understand why this anime populari,story is not interesting and boring, I watched 100 episode but I don't want continue.
Jul 16, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2018
I never think like that, because I still can see the appeal in any show, even if it's not for my tastes.. You still can find that maybe some things like this and that were to some tastes.. Like, I didn't like Kimi no Na wa, but I understand that some people could enjoy it for art.. Or I'm not that big of SnK, found it quite not to my taste, but can imagine that some people just found story and characters to be more likeable to them, than I found it.. Or same with action - some just could find it more thrilling..
Anyway, if you ever really wonder, what other people could like in anime - just listen to them, you'll find them calling some scenes funny, cool, sexy, or something else..
And about what becomes popular really.. Don't know, what becomes popular, to be honest.. If everyone knew, anime companies would make popular stuff all the time, but that's not the case.. But in the end as a result - yeah - bigger chance that people more likely will watch popular anime.. Like I did with Kimi no Na wa or SnK, instead of watching some anime like them that are less popular.. Sometimes, stuff is just popular, and just because of that it'll become even more popular, often regardless of whether it's really that good or something, people will still be likely to try it..
Jul 16, 2019 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
fate franchise, mha and shield trash

@Johan VE anime is garbage, the novel is great tho
BestBoiErenJul 16, 2019 1:05 PM
Jul 16, 2019 1:09 PM

May 2010
BestBoiEren said:

Dumb comment, if you admit the novel is great then the anime is even 10 fold better since it has excellent art and animation and a phenomenal soundtrack.

I would never want to "Read" something like Violet Evergarden.

KyoAni put it to life- and did excellent.

Also Fate franchise is world class. Stop embarrassing yourself.
JohanJul 16, 2019 1:12 PM

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Future Diary.

Literally every. single. time.
Jul 16, 2019 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
I've recently encountered this show literally today and it's called Mirai Nikki.

Seriously, trying to understand how in the friggin' world this next level shit became so popular is quite a daunting task.
Jul 16, 2019 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
Johan said:
BestBoiEren said:

Dumb comment, if you admit the novel is great then the anime is even 10 fold better since it has excellent art and animation and a phenomenal soundtrack.

Says the guy who comments without literally knowing anything about what he says. kyoani completely CHANGED the story of the novel, and butchered the adaptation.

What else should I expect from someome who calls the garbage fate franchise great. What a dumb comment, stop embarrassing yourself
Jul 16, 2019 2:15 PM

Jun 2019
Shingeki no Kyojin

Byousoku 5 Centimeter per Second and all of Makoto Shinkai's filmography in general

Laputa - Castle in the Sky

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Which is not to say I think they're all terrible by any means or that they don't have redeeming qualities or a creative premise, but too many annoying bad things to drag them down I'm surprised don't bother more people and they are hyped up by their respective fanbases as some kind of Second Coming.
Jul 16, 2019 2:17 PM

May 2010
BestBoiEren said:
Johan said:

Says the guy who comments without literally knowing anything about what he says. kyoani completely CHANGED the story of the novel, and butchered the adaptation.

What else should I expect from someome who calls the garbage fate franchise great. What a dumb comment, stop embarrassing yourself

IF Kyoani changed the story of the novel then good for them, they created something excellent.

And the Fate franchise is beyond great. Maybe you need to go back to the drawing board. - or just find a new hobby. This one ain't it fam

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 2:18 PM

May 2010
WatchTillTandava said:
Shingeki no Kyojin

Byousoku 5 Centimeter per Second and all of Makoto Shinkai's filmography in general

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Which is not to say I think they're all terrible by any means or that they don't have redeeming qualities or a creative premise, but too many annoying bad things to drag them down I'm surprised don't bother more people and they are hyped up by their respective fanbases as some kind of Second Coming.

Another person who created their account in 2019 talking down on people as if they're an expert.

Listen pal - I'd be glad to help you understand what makes Shinakai's movies so excellent. - Especially Kimi no na wa.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 2:18 PM

Dec 2016
Johan said:

It is also a chore to watch. Literally you get more entertainment by watching how your clothes spin inside your washing machine.
Jul 16, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2015
Johan said:
BestBoiEren said:

IF Kyoani changed the story of the novel then good for them, they created something excellent.

And the Fate franchise is beyond great. Maybe you need to go back to the drawing board. - or just find a new hobby. This one ain't it fam

If they ADAPT a story they should follow it, not change it and fuck it up.

Sure sure, fate is the bottom of garbage, its literally the worst piece of garbage ever created in any medium ever.

This is my last reply, whenever I argue with fate fans I lose half my IQ.
Jul 16, 2019 2:24 PM

Jun 2019
Johan said:
WatchTillTandava said:
Shingeki no Kyojin

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Another person who created their account in 2019 talking down on people as if they're an expert.

Listen pal - I'd be glad to help you understand what makes Shinakai's movies so excellent. - Especially Kimi no na wa.

I don't think when someone created an account is really a good indicator of anything. Some have undoubtedly lurked here for years before creating one just as on any other forum and besides, there is nothing about operating a MAL account which default makes anyone an expert on anything. Everyone has a different story for why they joined when they did.

In my case, I don't claim to be anything approaching an expert and only got into anime within the past few years. Still, one needn't be some seasoned vet or professional critic to give their opinion on what they liked or disliked about any piece of entertainment content - especially when the thread's OP is asking just that. Just because something is popular doesn't mean that will make it personally good or appealing to you.

Jul 16, 2019 2:25 PM

May 2010
Arkab said:
Johan said:

It is also a chore to watch. Literally you get more entertainment by watching how your clothes spin inside your washing machine.

I appreciate greatness, so I can't relate - sorry fam

BestBoiEren said:
Johan said:

If they ADAPT a story they should follow it, not change it and fuck it up.

Sure sure, fate is the bottom of garbage, its literally the worst piece of garbage ever created in any medium ever.

This is my last reply, whenever I argue with fate fans I lose half my IQ.

You don't have much IQ to begin with

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 2:30 PM

May 2010
WatchTillTandava said:
Johan said:

I don't think when someone created an account is really a good indicator of anything. Some have undoubtedly lurked here for years before creating one just as on any other forum and besides, there is nothing about operating a MAL account which default makes anyone an expert on anything. Everyone has a different story for why they joined when they did.

In my case, I don't claim to be anything approaching an expert and only got into anime within the past few years. Still, one needn't be some seasoned vet or professional critic to give their opinion on what they liked or disliked about any piece of entertainment content - especially when the thread's OP is asking just that. Just because something is popular doesn't mean that will make it personally good or appealing to you.

Man If I had a dollar for everytime i heard this fallacy i'd never have to work another day in my life.

The problem with your entire response is that.... You never once gave your opinion on what you personally liked or disliked.

YOU said and I quote "[They] have too many annoying, bad things to drag them down, I'm surprised don't bother more people and they are hyped up by their respective fanbases as some kind of second coming."

THAT is your quote. This is not you saying you liked or disliked something, this is you attacking their quality and fanbase.

So let me and my 10+ years and nearly 3000 completed anime educate you.

Yes Kimi no na Wa and Koe no Katachi LITERALLY are the 2nd coming. The 2nd coming of Miyazaki. They each came out in August 2016- about 4 years from Miyazaki's last film (The Wind Rises) and I personally have wrote about how the visual, artistic, and creative quality of those films have transitioned us from the Miyazaki era to the Modern era.

Your claim is that there is annoying or bad things in these films - or specifically shinkai films which I have no clue what you're talking about. IF you expanded on that, I would be more than glad and able to repudiate all your points- as I have done multiple times in the past.

Thanks for playing,

Johan / Jimmykudo3000

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 16, 2019 2:31 PM

Aug 2017
Yes, many anime. For example: Darling in the cuck, Violet Everboring, One Joke Man, Ecchi Tail, Burrito, Moe Camp, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, etc.
NurguburuJul 16, 2019 2:40 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 16, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2015
@WatchTillTandava Ignore that guy, he has issues
Jul 16, 2019 2:57 PM

Apr 2015
-Darling in the Franxx
-Akame Ga Kill
-SnK
-H DxD (pretty tame ecchi imo)
-Fairy Tail
-Monster
-BNHA
-Tokyo Ghoul:Re
-Jojo
-OPM
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 16, 2019 3:04 PM

Feb 2019
I used to think this about Seishun Buta and Kimi no Na wa, but now I have accepted they must have something going on for them that I don't appreciate and others do. That's just how taste works.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your Top 10 Favorite Waifus?

DesuMaiden - 1 hour ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - Yesterday

31 by Rinrinka »»
8 minutes ago

» Other than rewatching, what can you do when you want to watch the next season of an anime you forgot most of the previous season?

thewiru - 9 hours ago

14 by Catalano »»
20 minutes ago

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

250 by SeleneOnTheMoon »»
31 minutes ago

» InuYasha as an Isekai Narrative.

Hartm12 - 7 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.