Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 17, 2019 11:14 PM

Apr 2016
A bit enjoyable than the first episode.
I like the scene where the overpowered MC was embarrassed at how proud the other students are with their lame magic. XD
The third guy's chant was ridiculous. What's with the clap and the ballet-like pose? It's like if you do that chant in front of the enemy, you will surely get hit before completely chanting your spell.
The girl's chant was decent. Kinda expecting her magic to have better result than the guys before her but NOPE! The sound effects of the rocks hitting the target was perfect.
footmasterApr 17, 2019 11:30 PM
Apr 17, 2019 11:20 PM
Jun 2017
After watching the first episode I found it funny and intriguing so I went and read the manga. I really enjoyed it and immediately noticed the differences, but still thought the anime was good. Now after watching the 2nd episode, I can 100% say that this anime is completely subpar and at some points unbearable to watch. Not only does it not do the manga justice it completely leaves out key details. For instance, the character introductions in his class or the fact that he was going to be in S class (we all know that though due to his teacher stating it). This all just makes for a poor and confusing execution of the plot.
Apr 17, 2019 11:22 PM

Aug 2012
Rykeria said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
It was a good episode but the uniform enchantment is a bit OP. I mean if he already knows so much what does he have to learn from the academy? Or is it there just to pick up girls?

That's another thing that wasn't talked about. According to the novel and manga, he's not there to learn anything technical. But rather, he's there to learn common sense and other social norms because he lived and was raised in the forest before arriving at the academy. That was another thing that annoyed me because it wasn't mentioned in the anime.
It was kinda mentioned in the first ep. My problem is there is no explanation on how he manages to enchant the clothes like this.
Apr 17, 2019 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
They're cutting out so much from the Manga/Novel, and because of this the anime has lost a lot of depth in the plot in only 2 episodes. For example in the manga/novel Shin discovers as a kid that the runes placed on items draw power from the meaning behind the rune and not the symbol itself. This allows shin to use Japanese (his language in his past life) to create runes that defy the logic of his new world, thus creating his jet boots and vibrating sword from the first episode and his crazy OP defensive runes on the school uniforms. A lot of what they call his lack of common since is that his memories from his past life mainly the science of how things work allow him to create magic and runes that defy this new worlds logic. There are many other things they've cut out as well that in my opinion really do impact the story.
Apr 17, 2019 11:54 PM

Jan 2008
"Sicily von Claude" became "Sizilien von Klode"...

Somebody ought to get fired for that mistake.

This...this is why I rarely buy DVDs/BDs anymore (and stopped buying outright from Funimation with their shoehorned regressive ideology garbage in their dubs).
Apr 17, 2019 11:58 PM

Oct 2011
The character personalities are cliche but I'm loving the MC. Looking forward to this series

nightcrawlercyp said:
It was a good episode but the uniform enchantment is a bit OP. I mean if he already knows so much what does he have to learn from the academy? Or is it there just to pick up girls?

It was mentioned in the first episode - he is being sent to the academy to meet with peers and understand how OP he is compared to them. So no, he's not there to study

Apr 18, 2019 12:03 AM

Aug 2012
uzee said:
The character personalities are cliche but I'm loving the MC. Looking forward to this series

nightcrawlercyp said:

It was mentioned in the first episode - he is being sent to the academy to meet with peers and understand how OP he is compared to them. So no, he's not there to study
I hope he ends up with the redhead. I know he already has a thing for the blue chick but she is too damn emotional and manipulative.
Apr 18, 2019 12:21 AM

Dec 2013
4kicks said:
"Sicily von Claude" became "Sizilien von Klode"...

Somebody ought to get fired for that mistake.

Cotrary to popular belief, transcribing the names isn't that easy.
シシリー -> Sicily -> Sizilien (GER),
and "von" is from German.

Actually, you never know w/o official transcription.
Kanji sucks.
Apr 18, 2019 1:11 AM
Oct 2017
Melinda did not Explain the uniform function, she just said that it is a national grade treasure. I love the reaction that Gus and Aug when Shin explain the what each function does
Apr 18, 2019 1:24 AM

Jan 2019
A bit better than the first Ep. Still fast paced. It was an okay Ep.
Apr 18, 2019 1:49 AM
Mar 2016
meh 3rd rate villain again
just same shit such as stupid bullys in hogwarts
concept already pretty boring and added to 3rd rate villain lul

well not bad except 3rd rate bully
Apr 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Sep 2017
12 episodes ins't enough for this imo
yikes
Apr 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Nov 2017
NdanHM said:
meh 3rd rate villain again
just same shit such as stupid bullys in hogwarts
concept already pretty boring and added to 3rd rate villain lul

well not bad except 3rd rate bully

Kurt doesn't seem to be the main antagonist obviously. I think we should wait till the brown-skinned guy as seen on the Key Visual appears.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 18, 2019 2:49 AM
Jun 2012
nekromanta7 said:
Do you guys know that feel when somebody tells a joke that eveyone but you finds funny? That joke is this anime. Is there more than one Kenja no Mago anime this season? Because the one I watched is probably the worst isekai i have ever seen. Those two episodes were pure lobotomy compared to watching Shield Hero and Slime. It's like you took a handful of tropes and made scenes only from that.
I am shocked this doesnt have a rating in the low 6s. Opinions and everything but shield hero is completely on another level then this.
Apr 18, 2019 3:13 AM

Jul 2017
Well well still on the fast road. Pacing is abominable, but despite that still finding a lot to like about this anime. Comedy definitely is king here.

Similar to the Hogwarts setting, 3rd rate villains? Yea check.

And that translation. Like really? Why would the translators put "Sizilien" over "Sicily"? That's lost in translation.

Looking forward for more.
Apr 18, 2019 3:15 AM

Nov 2017
Graciaus said:
nekromanta7 said:
Do you guys know that feel when somebody tells a joke that eveyone but you finds funny? That joke is this anime. Is there more than one Kenja no Mago anime this season? Because the one I watched is probably the worst isekai i have ever seen. Those two episodes were pure lobotomy compared to watching Shield Hero and Slime. It's like you took a handful of tropes and made scenes only from that.
I am shocked this doesnt have a rating in the low 6s. Opinions and everything but shield hero is completely on another level then this.

Shield Hero is too edgy and stressful to watch for some viewers. But Kenja no Mago appeals more to viewers that prefer something less edgy, less stressful and something that can be watched in fun by turning the brain off.

I too don't watch Shield Hero as I dislike edgy stories and edgy protagonists with the exception of Overlord, as Ainz has comedy too unlike the too serious Shield Hero.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 18, 2019 3:59 AM

Apr 2018
I like it so far, but I think the plot is too basic. The characters are simple and everything flows very fast. The good people are good, the bad people are bad (the blonde jerk looks like some typical idiot protagonist from series for children with no developement or real motives).

Still interesting anime though.
Apr 18, 2019 4:47 AM
Mar 2019
Seems like this series receive many hates but people who's complaining still watch it tho.

Its enjoyable to me.
Apr 18, 2019 5:14 AM

Apr 2017
This show is very humorous. And I actually like the OP MC so I'm definitely gonna watch this until the end.
Apr 18, 2019 5:16 AM
Jul 2016
Shadow_Strider said:
They're cutting out so much from the Manga/Novel, and because of this the anime has lost a lot of depth in the plot in only 2 episodes. For example in the manga/novel Shin discovers as a kid that the runes placed on items draw power from the meaning behind the rune and not the symbol itself. This allows shin to use Japanese (his language in his past life) to create runes that defy the logic of his new world, thus creating his jet boots and vibrating sword from the first episode and his crazy OP defensive runes on the school uniforms. A lot of what they call his lack of common since is that his memories from his past life mainly the science of how things work allow him to create magic and runes that defy this new worlds logic. There are many other things they've cut out as well that in my opinion really do impact the story.

If this was shown, It wouldnt be as much of a brainless and tacky show that I have judged it to be.
Regardless the Sizilen whatever chick needs to be thrown tf out of this show. These types of girl trope need to be deleted from shows, there's nothing more repulsive than an indecisive, overly-shy and unconfident woman.
Apr 18, 2019 5:38 AM

Nov 2017
Abderiko said:
I like it so far, but I think the plot is too basic. The characters are simple and everything flows very fast. The good people are good, the bad people are bad (the blonde jerk looks like some typical idiot protagonist from series for children with no developement or real motives).

Wait a bit more before passing judgment that the characters are all simple.

I heard that the main antagonist of this show is very interesting and quite popular in the Japanese Kenja no Mago fandom community( to the point some people in Japan like to root for the main antagonist's group even more than the MC's group lol).

I can understand if they feel that way, since I too watch the Bleach anime and read its manga to see the coolness of the main antagonist there, Aizen, instead of the MC Ichigo, lol. Sometimes, an interesting antagonist will make you get hooked on a story even if you dislike the Protagonist.

Apr 18, 2019 6:10 AM
Aug 2016
the is anime but feel so 1d no feel no emotion no personality also this look like a tumot(?)

Apr 18, 2019 7:01 AM

Sep 2013
The quality is actually good :O
I hope they do the more action heavy scenes right.
Apr 18, 2019 7:54 AM
Oct 2018
gaaah! too much! its too much!! too much cringe in one episode!!
Apr 18, 2019 8:20 AM
Mar 2015
Well I freaking love this! Animation could be a bit better but other than that it's great :)
Apr 18, 2019 9:34 AM

Mar 2014
Really under-looked issue here in most isekai that I completely didn't think about, but that was pretty nice of them to address that Sicily used Shin to solve her problem. I've gotten so used to MCs white-knighting the main girl to solve her problems that I've forgotten that in real life it's not so common for other people to solve such personal problems for you.
Apr 18, 2019 11:00 AM
Sep 2016
there's a lot of "part" that had been skipped, it's felt like they're trying to push the story too much
Apr 18, 2019 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
Why does it always make me cringe when the supposed OP MC is in shock of what he can do to the point that it can cause mayhem and the other characters points it out on him basically indirectly always reminding us that "YOU'RE OP" yeah we get it, he's God himself, Christ this is why I couldn't finish Slime and had a hard time finishing isekai smartphone, the only reason smartphone kept me watching till the end was cause the girls were amazing, whereas here it may keep me around depending on the animation in the upcoming fight cause the other characters are boring with a dash of plain generic as hell mix in it.
I don't even know why people are comparing this to shield hero, shield hero is vastly superior in story and characters than this shit cliche.
Shield hero makes my blood boil cause the characters are doing their jobs perfectly, this one makes my blood boil cause the characters are plain af.
I hate ranting this much on an anime so this is the last time I'm gonna comment on this show or I may just drop it after next ep.
My bad for the rant, its just that these types of story pisses me off to a degree.
Apr 18, 2019 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
I already like Aug, he's a bro. The fake fiance is so over the top though. His face doesn't even look human because he's so angry all the time. lol
Apr 18, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
This is anime at it's peak form. When you can watch two episodes in less than 15 minutes and feel like you haven't missed absolutely anything.

If you just started the show halfway through the first episode you'd have no clue he died and kept his memories, like at all. Why is it even a thing if they not gonna use it in his character in anyway. Used just to justify how he can powerful.

Overall, bland, boring, I might keep watching it since only takes 5m~ to go through an episode just to see if somehow the show goes anywhere.
Apr 18, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 2018
In an other world without my phone, but with a lot of power.
Apr 18, 2019 2:37 PM
Jan 2019
Amzaing episode yay !!!!!
Apr 18, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2018
Ehurvaks said:
Abderiko said:

Wait a bit more before passing judgment that the characters are all simple.

I heard that the main antagonist of this show is very interesting and quite popular in the Japanese Kenja no Mago fandom community( to the point some people in Japan like to root for the main antagonist's group even more than the MC's group lol).

Yeah you could be right. Of course it was just my impressions so far. I would be very happy if the next episodes show me I was wrong. I'll wait and see !
Apr 18, 2019 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
I liked this, but everything that involved the blue hair girl was all so damn cheesy wtf. If she's gonna be that relevant I hope that they develop her she, with a bad side to her that she hides or something, otherwise it's a really cliché and uninteresting heroine... She's like feels like those useless MCs in Shoujo manga, that people don't get why they are protagonists.
SnaitaApr 18, 2019 6:15 PM
Apr 18, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2011
This is good. I don't even know why I like watching this kind of show...
Apr 18, 2019 6:55 PM

Nov 2017
Snaita said:
I liked this, but everything that involved the blue hair girl was all so damn cheesy wtf. If she's gonna be that relevant I hope that they develop her she, with a bad side to her that she hides or something, otherwise it's a really cliché and uninteresting heroine... She's like feels like those useless MCs in Shoujo manga, that people don't get why they are protagonists.

Based from the ED, I think she might get very useful later on. Maybe the MC will teach her some capable magic spells for her protection and use ?

Apr 18, 2019 7:01 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, I don't think I can even make to the next episode for the 3-episode rule. I'm done.
Apr 18, 2019 7:51 PM
Jul 2015
Wow, this guy is such a mary sue. Can do everything already, has a close to perfect moral compass and pretty much everyone likes him from the beginning. The only 'flaw' is that he doesn't have a lot of common sense (which hasn't been too apparent yet in the slightest, aside from him feeling bashful about his OP as hell magic and not caring about nobility).
Really rushed 2 episodes. I feel like I've watched almost half a season's worth already (but not in a good way). Everything's happening so quick.
And what's up with the names? They're all over the place in terms of language inspiration. English, German, Dutch, Japanese and even a bit of Italian/Latin or a mix of any of these.
Apr 18, 2019 8:43 PM
Oct 2016
It's super cliche, but I really love it. Also the gate spell....omg the gate spell LOL. Its not teleportation, I'm just folding reality in on itself as I please.
Apr 18, 2019 9:35 PM

Nov 2017
Episode 3 Preview in GIF image and synopsis is out at the Official Site : http://kenja-no-mago.jp/story/?mode=story3

Youtube Preview of EP 3 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey_pwb-DdaM&feature=youtu.be

Apr 18, 2019 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
Ehurvaks said:
Graciaus said:

Shield Hero is too edgy and stressful to watch for some viewers. But Kenja no Mago appeals more to viewers that prefer something less edgy, less stressful and something that can be watched in fun by turning the brain off.

I too don't watch Shield Hero as I dislike edgy stories and edgy protagonists with the exception of Overlord, as Ainz has comedy too unlike the too serious Shield Hero.

Lmfao, you didn't need to turn off your brain to accept all the nonsense things that the author did to the MC just for the narrative?

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Apr 18, 2019 9:50 PM

Jul 2016
I see a lot of people calling the show the clichê of the Isekai genre, Is that so? I don't really see a harem forming here and we got so little Isekai adaptations without harem elements, that it's miserable.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Apr 18, 2019 9:56 PM
Nov 2018
Honestly LOVED both the 1st and 2nd episodes. I am so excited for the next episode, and I will definitely be watching this anime. But I will probably wait for more episodes to come out, because I like to watch them back to back.
Apr 18, 2019 10:02 PM

Nov 2017
Elisabethkisses2 said:
Honestly LOVED both the 1st and 2nd episodes. I am so excited for the next episode, and I will definitely be watching this anime. But I will probably wait for more episodes to come out, because I like to watch them back to back.

Have you seen the preview for the next episode in my post above ?

Honestly I too can't wait for the next episode, lol.

Apr 18, 2019 10:11 PM
Nov 2018
Ehurvaks said:
Elisabethkisses2 said:

Have you seen the preview for the next episode in my post above ?

Honestly I too can't wait for the next episode, lol.

I actually have not seen the preview, I dont want any spoilers lol. I wonder how many episodes there will be tho. I hope a lot, cuz i honestly hate short anime's. I tend to get attached to every anime i really get into watching, and there have been times were it ended after 12 episodes..and It just gave me one of those wtf moments.
Apr 18, 2019 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
Mythologically said:
I don't usually believe in "so bad it's good", but this is unironically bad enough that it becomes hilarious.

My thoughts exactly.

Also the names are hilarious, Merlin aside, MC still retains a Japanese name "Shin" and his love interest is named Sizilien or Sicily. I would much rather see blue-haired tits in a hentai getting pounded in several positions than being wasted in this series.

This episode was more enjoyable than the first. Tits is being stalked by her fiance who, in an NTR hentai, would've ravished her and let his men use her several times.

MC being OP is okay but it's trite and brings nothing new to the table. The humor is still hit or miss, mostly miss.
臭い-
Apr 19, 2019 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
It was an okayish episode!
MC now has a circle of friends!
3/5.

Apr 19, 2019 12:02 AM
Jan 2019
This anime leaves me more than satisfied with each episode. It has everything: comedy, action, magic, romance, drama. Very good 😁👌
I fell in love with Sicily, she is adorably tender 😅.

Shin is at a much higher level than the other students. I laughed a lot when I saw how they did the magic test, "it's a very sad show" 😂😂😂.
By the way, that bastard nobility is unbearable. Shin has won his first enemy and made new friends. The prince is great xD.

As I see it, this will be a very funny and epic story.
Apr 19, 2019 12:35 AM

Nov 2017
Bibimbapski said:
Mythologically said:
I don't usually believe in "so bad it's good", but this is unironically bad enough that it becomes hilarious.

My thoughts exactly.

Also the names are hilarious, Merlin aside, MC still retains a Japanese name "Shin" and his love interest is named Sizilien or Sicily. I would much rather see blue-haired tits in a hentai getting pounded in several positions than being wasted in this series.

This episode was more enjoyable than the first. Tits is being stalked by her fiance who, in an NTR hentai, would've ravished her and let his men use her several times.

MC being OP is okay but it's trite and brings nothing new to the table. The humor is still hit or miss, mostly miss.

Not fiance, but "self-proclaimed fiance", as they were never officially engaged before, since Sicily or her parents had never consented or agreed to that scumbag's proposal.

He's just a stalker obsessed with making Sicily his own.

Apr 19, 2019 1:54 AM
Apr 2019
Its a lot worse than i ever imagined.. what kind of plot is this.. seems evertyhing make no sense... im done..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why is this Anime ranked soooo bad?

nitneuq333 - May 18, 2021

48 by Mashadaar »»
Jun 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.