Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 11, 2019 2:57 PM

Sep 2018
Hmmm i didn't see their name before so this si Nagflar, a solid Blackened D band :

( the singer's voice on this album...)

Jan 17, 2019 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
I love me some symphonic black metal; and other stuff.

Jan 17, 2019 3:32 PM

Mar 2017
Didn't really get into black metal until recently. I just like atmospheric and black metal fusion genres, like Celtic and post-black

Sojourner - my fav in this list
Eldamar
Elderwind
Primordial
Agalloch
Dimmu Borgir
Borknagor
Mykur
Harakiri for the Skies
Bathory
Darkspace
Jan 18, 2019 12:28 AM

Oct 2018
N30-R3TR0 said:
Didn't really get into black metal until recently. I just like atmospheric and black metal fusion genres, like Celtic and post-black

Sojourner - my fav in this list
Eldamar
Elderwind
Primordial
Agalloch
Dimmu Borgir
Borknagor
Mykur
Harakiri for the Skies
Bathory
Darkspace

Great great taste you have!

Jan 18, 2019 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
I only listen to some industrial black metal/blackened grindcore stuff
Jan 18, 2019 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
My favorite heavy metals are Aerosmith, X Japan, Diablo (Korea), Crash (Korea) and VAMPS (Japan)
Jan 18, 2019 10:46 AM

Oct 2018
The closest I ever got to any type of heavy metal. x3

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jan 21, 2019 7:23 PM

Jun 2015
One of my favorite subgenres, I love black metal. Also subgenres combinations of any kind are great as well:

I’ve been listening to Ungfell’s latest release, kept going back to this one. Still don’t know how I feel about it:

Jan 25, 2019 1:40 AM
Completionist

Nov 2018
One artist I’m really into

Jan 25, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2018
deusxavertat said:
One artist I’m really into

This is incredible! Reminds me so much of Opeth! I love it,Opeth is one of my favorite bands! Thanks for sharing this.

Jan 25, 2019 11:09 AM
Jan 2019
I recommend Gothminister,At the Gates,Septicflesh,Insomnium,Aeternam
Jan 25, 2019 11:32 AM
Aug 2018
I prefer Metalcore to black metal... But all the Filthy fookin break downs that i hear in black metal sound amazing.. I would appreciate someone recommending me a good blackmetal group to start off with.
Jan 25, 2019 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Co0ch_destroyer7 said:
I prefer Metalcore to black metal... But all the Filthy fookin break downs that i hear in black metal sound amazing.. I would appreciate someone recommending me a good blackmetal group to start off with.
u can try this one

Set by Aster
Jan 25, 2019 10:15 PM

Oct 2015
Some nice picks here. Burzum has been mentioned a lot for good reason, plenty of amazing dark ambient and atmospheric BM tracks from him.

I'll mention a couple bands that I like:

Obsequiae
Grand Belial's Key
Misþyrming
Batushka
Darkspace
Burzum
Dissection

Obsequiae is a recent discovery of mine and they have this really unique sound with beautiful harmonies, a bit folk-like, without having that evil sound that most BM bands have.

Definitely worth checking out ^^^
SSJaysoJan 25, 2019 10:18 PM
Jan 25, 2019 10:51 PM

Apr 2013
Co0ch_destroyer7 said:

Good to try out these two

These two represent recent Black Metal well, With Hearts Towards None showing you the best modern BM has to offer while White Tomb is imo the best that has come out of the "Post-Black Metal" movement.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 26, 2019 3:01 AM

Oct 2018
SSJayso said:

Obsequiae is a recent discovery of mine and they have this really unique sound with beautiful harmonies, a bit folk-like, without having that evil sound that most BM bands have.

Definitely worth checking out ^^^

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME thanks !!!!!!!!!!! \m/

Jan 26, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2018

I don't recommend this album in a traditional sense as I don't think it's a shining example of what this genre has to offer, but it's fascinating what writers have had to say about it and how viciously they defend it. Personally it does nothing for me but I'm captivated by the absolutely atrocious sound production, even by black metal standards. If I remember correctly Ildjarn's music was traditionally recorded outside in the forests? Which today has me going "yeah, okay dude" at best. Give it a whirl if you have the patience for this kind of thing.

Jan 26, 2019 10:16 AM

Oct 2018
@ANGRYFUCK
This is some repetitive noisy shit hahaha XD
But thanks for sharing :)

Jan 26, 2019 10:18 AM

Dec 2018
Mila91 said:
@ANGRYFUCK
This is some repetitive noisy shit hahaha XD
But thanks for sharing :)

Exactly. Deliberately crafted to be repetitive and batter the listener down. Weird concept.

No prob.
Jan 26, 2019 2:09 PM

Oct 2015
Mila91 said:

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME thanks !!!!!!!!!!! m/

Glad you enjoyed that, they're releasing a new album this year which should be good
Jan 26, 2019 3:26 PM

Oct 2018
For all those people who think Black Metal is bad musicians and only noise.
They need to open their ears and hear that beneath all that muddy noise is awesome music.

This is one of the most beautiful guitar playing ever,go and listen,just beautiful.
Dissection-John Zwetsloot´s masterpiece.

Mila91Jan 26, 2019 3:30 PM

Jan 26, 2019 4:12 PM

Sep 2018
Black metal melodies are so cold, so beautiful.

Jan 26, 2019 6:49 PM

Dec 2018

This one is crunchy and delicious.
Jan 26, 2019 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Lmao I saw Ildjarn mentioned above. I'd file Striborg under the same category, I wouldn't actually recommend this but it's the kind of thing that's somewhat interesting to listen to cause of how ridiculous it is.

Can't imagine how bad it'd be listening to a full Ildjarn or Striborg album though.
Jan 26, 2019 11:34 PM

Oct 2018
xMx16 said:
Lmao I saw Ildjarn mentioned above. I'd file Striborg under the same category, I wouldn't actually recommend this but it's the kind of thing that's somewhat interesting to listen to cause of how ridiculous it is.

Can't imagine how bad it'd be listening to a full Ildjarn or Striborg album though.

Thanks friend,its most welcomed!

Mar 3, 2019 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
Me? of course, but mostly vintage black metal, unlike later black metal that changed its awesome sound. Start with Freezing Moon and listen to it on a foggy, cold or rainy day.
May 19, 2020 8:32 PM
Oct 2018
I know this is years after the thread was posted, but BM is my favorite metal style. My favorites are Mayhem, Leviathan, Burzum, Deafheaven (don't roast me please), Deathspell Omega, and Horna. It's nice to see that there are other weeb metalheads! \m/
May 22, 2020 7:21 AM

Oct 2018
PinaKoolada said:
Mila91 said:
Does anyone here listen to black metal?
Can you share your favorite band/songs?
\m/

I've listened to folk black metal.
Folk music and black metal. It's like peanut butter and jelly.
What results from this combination is music that sounds like intense war music.
My favorite band so far is Ensiferum. They're pretty popular I guess for their genre.

I love all things Vikings, that song makes me want to go and kill some fucking Saxons!
(just kiding I love both)
I recently watched The Last Kingdom S04, so this fits.

Apr 13, 2022 12:33 PM
Apr 2017
Lirar said:

A fellow Septicflesh fan? You have good taste mate :D
Apr 13, 2022 12:59 PM

Mar 2008
AniMetalV1KIng said:
Lirar said:

That user hasnt logged in since 2019 lol
Apr 13, 2022 1:09 PM
Apr 2017
traed said:
AniMetalV1KIng said:

That user hasnt logged in since 2019 lol

Doesn't make it any less true haha XD
Apr 14, 2022 2:40 PM

Dec 2020
The only real black metal is made in Scandinavian wood cabins by bearded and hirsute artists who stab their friends.

“You’ve never succeeded at anything and you never will, and do you know why? Because you are vulgar, irremediably vulgar, and not only are you vulgar, you are ordinary.” - Maurice Pialat’s We Won't Grow Old Together (1972)
Apr 14, 2022 4:47 PM
Mar 2022
I don't enjoy it because the loud screaming is just head ache inducing.
Apr 18, 2022 12:08 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Some of my favourite tracks

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 25, 2022 9:09 AM
Aug 2021
I quite like Black Metal and my favorite band is Black Sabbath which people have mentioned.
StaciasApr 25, 2022 9:16 AM
Apr 25, 2022 9:17 AM

Sep 2018
Mmm Black Metal... of course I love stuff like Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth and others. Belzebubs is like Gorillaz for black metal, so I highly recommend their stuff even if there isn’t a whole lot of music yet, there’s lots of comics featuring the band.

Begotten is another band I’ve gotten into, it’s more on the depressive side, but really good stuff and I’m surprised they’re not more known.
Apr 25, 2022 10:01 AM

Jan 2022
The Ruins of Beverast is one of my all-time favorite bands that's definitely worth checking out. If you expect some melodic elements, you could give bands like Dissection, Agalloch and Nokturnal Mortum a shot. Summoning is an atmospheric bm band that's heavily inspired by the works of Tolkien. Anaal Nathrakh makes some really epic industrial black metal music that's worth checking out. Sigh is a great avant-garde black metal band from Japan. If you need a few more recommendations, feel free to ask.

Apr 25, 2022 3:01 PM
Mar 2022
DYNASTIA said:
The only real black metal is made in Scandinavian wood cabins by bearded and hirsute artists who stab their friends.

I know you're joking, but the only recent albums of consequence from this dead/dying genre have been American, funny enough. (Inquisition and Grand Belial's Key)
I guess the last Absurd EP was pretty good too, so Germany too.

Norway and Sweden, now there's 2 countries that haven't produced anything great since maybe 1998. They were the first ones to develop the rockstar/institution attitude, and that just ruins everything.
YAHOOGAYCHATROOMApr 25, 2022 3:05 PM
Apr 26, 2022 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
I don't listen to that much black metal but Filosofem is a great album
foscor70 said:
black metal sucks.

Except 'imperial circus decadence'.

every other black metal band other than them should just disband.
isn't imperial circus decadence death metal lol
Apr 27, 2022 5:13 PM

Feb 2020
Drudkh has some great stuff. Blood in Our Wells being my favorite.

For the more dissonant stuff, I really enjoy Deathspell Omega, mostly the album Paracletus.
Apr 28, 2022 1:39 AM
Mar 2022
sewerslider said:
I don't listen to that much black metal but Filosofem is a great album
foscor70 said:
black metal sucks.

Except 'imperial circus decadence'.

every other black metal band other than them should just disband.
isn't imperial circus decadence death metal lol

Neither, they're one of those bands with no real connection to black metal or death metal, aside from from the superficial similarity of having some harsh vocals. Shitty wacken Children of Bodom/Versailles type modern power metal garbage with ersatz anime OP choruses.
May 1, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2020
Dark funurel is my fav.
And "in my dreams" is my fav song by them
May 7, 2022 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
ffs... i wont even comment sreious stuff here. Most of the replies past 2019 are sht.
As someone who has been listening, making and dealing constantly with black metal for many years now, all of this gives me pain. But nothing i wouldnt expect, after all this is a website for anime fans :v

YAHOOGAYCHATROOM said:
DYNASTIA said:

I know you're joking, but the only recent albums of consequence from this dead/dying genre have been American, funny enough. (Inquisition and Grand Belial's Key)
I guess the last Absurd EP was pretty good too, so Germany too.

Norway and Sweden, now there's 2 countries that haven't produced anything great since maybe 1998. They were the first ones to develop the rockstar/institution attitude, and that just ruins everything.

this user seems to know a bit more

StarfireDragon said:

None of those is black metal
They do have some ties to it but not actual bm
i do like some of those you listed:)

Dont know how i didnt see this thread back in 2019... by that time it would be a nice discussion, there is some nice replies from that time but not worth to quote or reply now

May 7, 2022 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
anyways, here is the latest realise from Mons Veneris (Raw Black/Dark Ambient):

Raw, rotten and crazy.
Just came out, by the hands of Signal Rex.

Other two pieces of art woth checking out, these also came out very recently (More Raw black from Portugal):

ehehe

May 7, 2022 2:05 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
THWP_Naoki said:

StarfireDragon said:

I'm more into the proto black metal these days then norwegian stuff. They are overly talked about, so I wanted to highlight something a little different.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 7, 2022 2:22 PM

Aug 2018
Surprised to see I haven't posted here already.

So yeah anyway Peste Noire is my favorite. Their music is very diverse and pushes the limits of what black metal can be, but still staying extreme and bad-ass without pushing too far into "is this even metal anymore?" territory.

Another favorite of mine is Gorgoroth. (Gorgoroth with Ghaal kinda sucks tho) I like the sort of classical music arrangements many of their songs seem to have:

Inquisition is good too. All of their songs sound alike but nobody else sounds like Inquisition.

May 7, 2022 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
epidemia78 said:
Surprised to see I haven't posted here already.

So yeah anyway Peste Noire is my favorite. Their music is very diverse and pushes the limits of what black metal can be, but still staying extreme and bad-ass without pushing too far into "is this even metal anymore?" territory.

Another favorite of mine is Gorgoroth. (Gorgoroth with Ghaal kinda sucks tho) I like the sort of classical music arrangements many of their songs seem to have:

Inquisition is good too. All of their songs sound alike but nobody else sounds like Inquisition.

Nice words

What do you think about the newest KPN album?

I like pretty much everything they did inn the past, but gotta say, the last realize was and is without a doubt my favorite. Not even lying but I listened to it more than 100 times already, still pretty good.

The newest inquisition album is also very different from the past ones, but still rly good.

Was never a big fan of gorgoroth but gotta agree, the older stuff(without that f@g) was way better.
May 7, 2022 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
StarfireDragon said:
THWP_Naoki said:

I'm more into the proto black metal these days then norwegian stuff. They are overly talked about, so I wanted to highlight something a little different.

Most of black metal fans don't even think about the Norwegian scene anymore, tbh the stuff kinda sucks for the most part. And between those big and well known ones, Darkthrone and Burzum is the best. There is tons of way better and more interesting bm from pretty much everywhere on the planet now.
I don't have much interest on what is made outside of Europe, but there is a lot of stuff.
A lot of that is repeated and just doesn't have a soul, let's say, just another product, more of the same. But when you spend enough time around the genre and do your research, you can find A Lot of good black metal which actually deserves the attention.

Also most of that tends to be within the "Raw scene" .
May 12, 2022 8:29 PM
Mar 2022
@THWP_Naoki
I'm hoping you didn't see all the links he posted or you had a brain fart, otherwise you discredited yourself by implying Bathory--"THE" black metal band--don't count as black metal. Bathory only has "some ties to BM"? That's like saying Duke Ellington only has "some ties to jazz" or saying Exodus only has "some ties to thrash." What the fuck?

The others are debatable (especially Kreator) but all those songs are uncontroversially considered to be part of the first wave of the genre in the underground if you really wanna nitpick.

The Norwegian scene is overrated and underrated in different ways. It's over-exposed, the "myth" of it all is an obnoxious cartoon that has lost whatever allure it ever had at this point, but the good albums from that scene are really good. And it doesn't hurt that Pytten blessed a lot of them with some of the most dynamic production in the genre. (If you can get past the "wow, it's highly distorted so that means it's BADLY PRODUCED LO-FI WHITE NOISE!!!" memes you see from 13 year olds in youtube comment sections. It doesn't get much better than the drum sound in Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Enslaved's first album.)
YAHOOGAYCHATROOMMay 12, 2022 8:38 PM
May 12, 2022 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
YAHOOGAYCHATROOM said:
@THWP_Naoki
I'm hoping you didn't see all the links he posted or you had a brain fart, otherwise you discredited yourself by implying Bathory--"THE" black metal band--don't count as black metal. Bathory only has "some ties to BM"? That's like saying Duke Ellington only has "some ties to jazz" or saying Exodus only has "some ties to thrash." What the fuck?

The others are debatable (especially Kreator) but all those songs are uncontroversially considered to be part of the first wave of the genre in the underground if you really wanna nitpick.

The Norwegian scene is overrated and underrated in different ways. It's over-exposed, the "myth" of it all is an obnoxious cartoon that has lost whatever allure it ever had at this point, but the good albums from that scene are really good. And it doesn't hurt that Pytten blessed a lot of them with some of the most dynamic production in the genre. (If you can get past the "wow, it's highly distorted so that means it's BADLY PRODUCED LO-FI WHITE NOISE!!!" memes you see from 13 year olds in youtube comment sections. It doesn't get much better than the drum sound in Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Enslaved's first album.)

Regarding bathory, he had some bm stuff yes but also had other things.
I never gave it much importance when it comes to bm tbh.

It can be considered bm and it is most of the times but still, way overrated and no way it would be "THE black metal band".

I see that you also know some stuff about jazz haha
I wouldn't say that but I'm not a big fan of that one either but just like Bathory case I know the importance he had on the genre, let's say.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite song from anime that you haven't watch

m_alhafidz - Jun 22

6 by Ricchan__ »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3549 by Ricchan__ »»
1 hour ago

» Ado

GinIonSui - Jun 20

5 by Rndmguypassingby »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7946 by Rndmguypassingby »»
5 hours ago

» AV

GinIonSui - Yesterday

2 by GinIonSui »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.