Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 13, 2020 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
Historia had a bad childhood, her mother was a awful person.

Now Erwin wants to overthrow the government. Erwin's father reminds me of the Bestial Titan.
Dec 23, 2020 5:06 PM

Nov 2020
It's awesome to finally see some depth to Erwin's character. He's always been one of my favorite supporting characters on the show. So far this season is an excellent character study and a realistic portrayal of government corruption.
Dec 24, 2020 8:04 AM

Aug 2018
Historia past was a very tough and tragic but it seems that Erwin's wasn't any brighter either. I wonder what else did his father knew that wasn't suppost to be revealed to the public about titans.
Dec 29, 2020 3:00 AM

May 2020
Historia and Erwin's past is really dark and interesting. What's Erwin's father thinking though? the royals are bad
Jan 21, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
I can't believe I searched this entire thread and found that I've got to be the first person to make the obvious Game of Thrones connection here wtf.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 7, 2021 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
I've always liked Krista alot.

Seeing how excited little Krista was trying to hug her mom fking hurt me...
Then the way her mom pushed her away killed me..... Krista deserve lots of love
Apr 7, 2021 8:54 PM
Feb 2021
Raizel said:
This season is on fire especially with the other characters than our squad.
Historia's past is dark af, I can't believe what that bitch did to her.
ikk i felt soo bad for her
Jun 8, 2021 8:34 AM
May 2021
i know i m late watching attack on titan but.. this episode was heartbreaking... especially historia's mother.....damn!
Oct 8, 2021 4:23 PM
Jul 2016
Yes, give us all the Erwin screen time you want! Seriously though, why was he not the protagonist of Attack on Titan? He's so much more intriguing and complex than anyone else in the Survey Corps.

I like this step back in pace though. The first two episodes of season three were back to back gunfights. I prefer the slower more character and lore focused moments of the show.
Oct 27, 2021 10:16 AM
Nov 2020
Historia's mother first and last words to her are so cruel.
Nov 1, 2021 7:15 AM

Jun 2020
Historia's mother is a rough one she didn't even care for Historia herself, So they're being chased off as the true royal family down

Things are starting to build up from here hope the action catches up next episode and some battles to be fought

Now the Survey Corps leads to their group closed Levi and Hange are making moves step closer to finding out the truth.
Nov 22, 2021 12:59 PM

Jul 2021
The resemblance of Erwin's father to...... the mystery man on top of the beast titan in the S2 finale is.... uncanny. I can't unsee it. I need a reveal now before I go crazy!
Dec 29, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2021
very solid episode.

we explore historia's past, it was really sad to find out that her mother had not spoken to her even once prior to that incident when historia tries to hug her mother and the first thing she hears her mother say is, "if only i could bring myself to kill you" :(

it was heartbreaking to see a child learn about hugging, talking and fighting their parents from a book. im amazed how well historia turned out to be even after having such a terrible childhood, childhood without parent's love is really hard, it make u incapable of feeling any emotions, i'm really gald historia turned out to be a fine person.

felt good when historia's mother was killed, felt bad that smol historia had to see her mother getting killed in front of her. seriosuly how did that not mess her up, i'm so amazed.

almost feel bad for the dudes hanges tortured.

it was very intersting to learn about how normal titans can transform into titan turning humans once they consume another human who is capable of turning into titan. all this makes clear why someone wants to eat eren.

now before they start fighting titans, they will first have to fight the monsters living among humans. erwin wants to overthrow the government that too wihtout spilling any blood, its gonna be tough.

shit man they captured all of the survey corps members? wtf. government is playing dirty and now everyone is searching for the levi squad.

erwins story was sad man, he must have felt so bad considering how is curiousness and naiveness resulted in his dad's death :(

at this point are there any characters in this anime who's parents aren't dead?

excited for next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Historia.
Her mother.
Oh shit! Grabbed her by the mouth and sent her flying. LMAO
She left.
5 years ago.
Rod.
Those last words. Dat slash.
Historia can save humanity.
Pixis.
Overthrow the government?
Erwin's father was a teacher.
Historia as the queen?
Erwin's father.
Dat ending.

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2022 6:08 PM

Dec 2020
turning seasonnn. less titan action, more theory lore. good stuff, im a big fan of those

historia's past was sad. that was her birth mother right? the woman that carried her for months inside her stomach, faced life and death to give birth to her but never once initiated an interaction with her.

erwin is fucking insaneee man. he looked like an intelligent kid from the start, but he was still a kid after all. telling his friends shit that blew his mind even though his father specifically told Only Him. and that part at the city near dimo reeves' death? MANS WAY TOO COMPOSED FOR HIS OWN GOOD!! way too smart too what the hell is wrong with you erwin why r u such an interesting character
Jan 17, 2022 1:21 PM

Dec 2009
Fucking hell, this new director or screenwriter is fucking shit...
He's rushing the first quarter (C51-C59) of this season of the manga by completely changing and switching the events of their plan, introducing Kenny early and getting Eren and Historia kidnapped during that time simply to force quick action instead of taking the proper time that the manga has of how mysterious the government is against them, and to meet Kenny during his kill of Rees. Kenny attacking Levi happens after Eren and Historia are captured, not first, in the manga.
Also condensing the overall dialogue and explanation and information of what we learn during this portion of the story.
Historia is also present at the moment Levi reveals Erwin's plan for her to become the Queen, with Eren included.

Eren and Historia are only captured when Kenny knows of Reevs betrayal and kills him, as Eren and Historia were pretending to be captured by Reevs.
... Why the fuck did they change directors and let him change shit when it was excellent as is by being extremely faithful to the manga from the first two seasons.

Hopefully this rushed changed adaption is only the first quarter.
waalex11Jan 17, 2022 2:19 PM
Jan 20, 2022 6:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
^Well, that change sounds like a huge deal. But honestly its doesn't matter much here, especially from me as an anime only watcher, because some order that needs a shuffle to match up all the duration seems fine enough? Idk.

So Eren really the one that called the vessel by those bunch before. Someone else inside the government prepared to eat him to gain Eren's controlling power.

Government doin dirty play was actually not a surprising matter at all, even on these real world. Shit really happened even at the very far way. That's the Survey Corps plan to retaking wall Maria, using Historia to overthrown the current illegitimate king to soothing their way to Maria. Sounds crazy, but nothing surprising from someone like Erwin who dare to gamble at everything after he lost his father and stayed true to the theory. I wonder if those lazy-looking king also had the titan power, tho.

Now when the Survey Corps on the crisis, Levi squad forced to move from the shadows, and Hange after being pointed out as the acting commander will need to find a way to reach Levi place. Looks like they may have a help from Annie friend inside the MP. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 16, 2022 7:07 AM
Jun 2022
So far I think it's a great season. I have only watched 3 episodes though, so I can't be sure. But I love trying to figure out all the mysteries. Mysteries like, who did what? And who's secretly a titan?
Mar 14, 2023 9:22 PM
Apr 2021
The government is corrupt, not surprised.
I just feel for Erwin,
whose father had to die for proclaiming the truth.

There is a sinister enemy
within the walls that
has society brainwashed;
sounds eerily familiar.
Mar 26, 2023 4:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Eren has always wanted to kill all the titans, or at least who or whatever was sending them all their way. But what must he think now when he sees the people within his own walls are also such scum.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 30, 2023 7:38 AM

Sep 2019
Before writing my reactions to this ep, I just want to say my thoughts after watching the first 2 eps, which I didn't say when I reacted to those eps:
Firstly, I don't object to the author turning his attention to the human world, rather than the battle with titans. Because only humans are scheming, cunning, cruel to their fellow human beings, ready to harm each other in the most sinister ways. It's a very interesting topic to explore. However, this is still the story of the battle with the titan. Therefore, I expect the author not to forget the main theme of the story.
The fact that Historia was noticed was because her family know the secret about the titan, not because she is a princess. They can play Game of Thrones as they please, but I would judge more harshly the human stories.
One point worth noting here is that only humans have emotions. Hannes died in season 2, and Eren never mentioned him in this season. I think it's a shortcoming.
What we know more about this human world, it's a cult group with an old man in white, the Military Police, Kenny and his gang with more advanced gear that comes with wtf guns, the king in Mitras, the Reiss family. I look forward to the role of titan in each of the above ingredients.
Historia story... was it possible that since birth, Historia was not taken care of by her mother?
OMG very sad. Don't tell me the one who always hates the titan_ The hot-tempered Eren has the happiest childhood in this story.
I'm wondering how a mother like that can breastfeed her baby at a young age? So who raised Historia to grow up? Really weird. Anw f* that mother.
Pixis in casual clothes. The strange thing is that he doesn't drink. C'mon I want to hear Erwin tell his childhood story.
Historia is the Queen. Major Hanji 'll command Survey corps. I think we're about to have Game of Thrones. Long live feminism!
Erwin is a character whose appeal grows with each season, I mean, I don't find any boring moments from this character.
I feel like Erwin indirectly killed his father. And I guess his dad may not be dead idk remember the orangutitan? And the glasses yellow hair man inside it.
Apr 28, 2023 9:26 PM

Nov 2010
Historia is my queen!
Damn, all odds are against Levi's squad. I wonder how they can get out of this unscathed. They're better off fighting the Titans than these heavily armed and shrewd humans.
May 13, 2023 1:33 PM

Aug 2019
Bro the military police need to be purged. There has only been like one guy who I think could be spared, but the rest honestly need to get wiped out

Also why are people complaining so much about Eren being kidnapped? I really don't think it's that bad or anything like that. And people are also acting like it's happened like 10 times now, despite this only being like the 2nd or maybe 3rd time? LOL

And wow Historia's mother seriously sucks
Jul 18, 2023 4:59 AM
Nov 2019
azertz99 said:
3 episodes in and looks already better than any other season. I like how the art now resembles more the manga. Those black defining lines get kind of annoying when you watch them to many times.
As for the cuts from the manga, I hope they don't miss anyting because there's already a lot that was cut off. And the tone... It's leagues under the manga. I wouldn't mind if they use some gore here and there.
Yeah, now when I'm trying to follow the plot by reading the manga and then rewatching the adaptation after each chapter or a few... I'm becoming a complaining manga reader like you. I would also love the anime to be more manga-like, with a slower pace, much less cut content and manga-level gore... But the anime is still great, and from the reactions of many anime-onlys, including my former self, it seems that the pace doesn't seem too fast for most.
Jul 26, 2023 5:08 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 28, 2023 8:12 PM
Sep 2022
Titans were humans: Confirmed ✅

So Krista will be the new royality. This is excelent move, cause if Erwin could control the government, he will be the greatest

How did the titans know Eren can control another titans? They seem to specifically look for him from the start.
Aug 11, 2023 11:12 PM

Feb 2021
Salamander2170 said:
Episode 40 End Card by Naosuke Osugi

She's so adorable here!
Aug 27, 2023 5:45 AM
May 2021
erwin father has to be the beast titan
Oct 14, 2023 9:16 PM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Very good episode, Interesting and sad past of History, I like that they showed something of Erwin's past... no wonder he wants to discover the truth at all costs, I hope they achieve their plan to overthrow the false government. Reeves wasn't such a bad person in the end, maybe after Mikasa almost killed him he reflected a little hahaha

Muy buen episodio, Interesante y triste pasado de Historia, me gusta que mostraran algo del pasado de Erwin...con razon quiere descubrir la verdad a toda costa, espero que logren su plan de derrocar al falso gobierno. Reeves no fue tan mala persona al final, tal vez despues de que Mikasa casi lo mata reflexiono un poco jajaja
Nov 4, 2023 8:18 AM

Jan 2013
Government trying to control people to keep their cushy lives, definitely getting an Orwellian feel here.
Killing anyone that questions anything about the walls and what's beyond.
Now it makes sense why they would kill the couple that wanted to fly in the hot air balloon, imagine if they saw something they shouldn't.

Season 2 and the motivations of Annie, Reiner, Bertholdt etc make a lot more sense now too.
Nov 30, 2023 5:50 PM
Nov 2023
Damn, a lot of talkings here episode
Dec 9, 2023 1:04 AM
Aug 2018
A very tense episode that begins to make everything our characters have been fighting for start to seem bleak and hopeless. There isn't a single episode in this show that feels like filler, and my favorite part about the cliffhangers is that they don't leave you confused, they just leave you shrouded in mystery, waiting eagerly to know what comes next.
Mar 17, 3:29 AM
Jul 2023
Why is everyone’s backstory so sad in this show
- Poor Historia, her mother was awful
- They want to eat Eren to gain his control of titans, makes sense
- Erwin’s dad really didn’t deserve any of that 😭
- they’re going to overthrow the government without bloodshed? How?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

220 by MartieGG »»
Jun 18, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

114 by therealnagora »»
May 27, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.