Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 2, 2018 10:12 PM
Aug 2015
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
ap1001 said:

That was the original plan of these brainlets, they were planning to cut out OT15, OT19 and all the parts involving Hamazura and Accel in WW3.

Egh...Just imagining it makes me shudder in disgust, not that what we have here is any better.

if i knew they will make battle royal this bad i would've wished they just cut it out , yeah it's an awesome arc but they ruined it , if they just cut it and cut dragon arc they will have more time for the rest of the volumes and it may have turned out to be a good adaptation
but now we got a horrible adaptation for BR arc and the number of episodes left isn't enough for the other arcs till ww3
I mean, Battle Royale and Dragon are kindof a major leadin to both the ending of WW3, and the current arc of NT. So we need some level of adaptation for continuities sake. Can't really write them out without completely wrecking the story.
Nov 2, 2018 10:12 PM

Sep 2012
probably confusing because they took the direction of the story with novel readers in mind.

and we're getting close to frenda's splitting time
Nov 2, 2018 10:33 PM

Nov 2013
Elinchayiel said:
Tbh, looking back it feels like the better characters in Index were sidecharacters anyway. Index (and to lesser extend Touma) just aren't as interesting. Railgun and Accelerator would both, unironically, be better main characters.
Fun fact, Index is not a main character.

Another fun fact, Accelerator IS a main character.
Nov 2, 2018 11:39 PM

Dec 2015
-_entei_- said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

if i knew they will make battle royal this bad i would've wished they just cut it out , yeah it's an awesome arc but they ruined it , if they just cut it and cut dragon arc they will have more time for the rest of the volumes and it may have turned out to be a good adaptation
but now we got a horrible adaptation for BR arc and the number of episodes left isn't enough for the other arcs till ww3
I mean, Battle Royale and Dragon are kindof a major leadin to both the ending of WW3, and the current arc of NT. So we need some level of adaptation for continuities sake. Can't really write them out without completely wrecking the story.

Yeah , but i can't think of any other solution for this 9vol=26ep adapatation , they fucked themselves and the anime with this 26ep shit
Nov 2, 2018 11:52 PM

Jan 2016
Poor Frenda
I want to hug Frenda so tight she get split in a half!

edit: Secondaries, kindly go off yourself. Jesus, there's someone that doesn't even know who LO is.
forexjammerNov 2, 2018 11:56 PM
Nov 2, 2018 11:53 PM
Nov 2018
Tbh, looking back it feels like the better characters in Index were sidecharacters anyway. Index (and to lesser extend Touma) just aren't as interesting. Railgun and Accelerator would both, unironically, be better main characters.[/quote]

That is why Index anime is bad. They messed up Touma characterization and his backstory in OT4.
For animeonly maybe the only thing they will see interesting about him is IB and what beyond the right arm. Pity, really.
God bless I'am LN reader.
Nov 2, 2018 11:58 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
Elinchayiel said:
Tbh, looking back it feels like the better characters in Index were sidecharacters anyway. Index (and to lesser extend Touma) just aren't as interesting. Railgun and Accelerator would both, unironically, be better main characters.
Fun fact, Index is not a main character.

Another fun fact, Accelerator IS a main character.

Yel jn index he’s the second protagonist, in his own manga he’s just a background character with less screentime then anti skill goons. 😂🤦‍♂️
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Nov 3, 2018 1:33 AM

Jul 2016
neonie said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

It seem like next episode will be Fren/da, no hopes for a better animation but at the very least I hope that scene will be showed up and not being censored.

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will get cut all together.
I really hope that Frenda scene will at least be as good as Miko/to from the latest chapter of Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On manga lol.

ap1001 said:
Damn you "Fate" and damn you "Magic Gods", why must you make my life so hard!
So.... this is all Othinus's fault that this garbage adaptation happened in the first place? Seem legit lol.

The adaptation flame war aside, it seem like someone doesn't recognize who is Last Order here even though she already appeared in first two season, and most recently in previous episode lol.
Nov 3, 2018 1:37 AM

Jun 2010
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I really hope that Frenda scene will at least be as good as Miko/to from the latest chapter of Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On manga lol.

Nov 3, 2018 2:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Just curious

But how many story arcs are they trying to cover with this season ?

Just like with the other episodes so far this one seems pretty rushed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 2:29 AM

Apr 2014
Shingster said:
Just curious

Vol 14 Terra arc
Vol 15 Battle royale arc
Vol 16 Acqua of the back arc
Vol 17 and 18 British royale arc
Vol 19 Dragon arc
Vol 20, 21 and 22 WW3 arc

All in all 6 story arcs but some story arcs span up to 3 volumes of content
-Accelerator-

Nov 3, 2018 2:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
AcceleratorAngel said:
Shingster said:
Just curious

Vol 14 Terra arc
Vol 15 Battle royale arc
Vol 16 Acqua of the back arc
Vol 17 and 18 British royale arc
Vol 19 Dragon arc
Vol 20, 21 and 22 WW3 arc

All in all 6 story arcs but some story arcs span up to 3 volumes of content

Hmm ok thanks.
With 26 episodes i think they'll barely manage to fit it all in. Though so far the pacing's been so fast that its confusing a lot of people that don't read the source material.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 2:56 AM

Apr 2015
So much potential wasted.
I prefer they make a 3-cour like Durarara!! or a 2-cour + movie (WW3),
instead of a 2-cour to adapt 9 last volumes, whereas the 2 first seasons adapted each 6.5 volumes.
KasuraSNov 3, 2018 3:00 AM
Nov 3, 2018 3:11 AM

Apr 2014
KasuraS said:
instead of a 2-cour to adapt 9 last volumes, whereas the 2 first seasons adapted each 6.5 volumes.

What can u do, they probably did not get the funding for more episodes, at least form the interviews with the director and screenwriter it was clear that we’ll get a nt adaption announced at the end of 26 episodes. Miki also indicated in an interview that at the end of index III a big announcement concerning the franchise will be made.
-Accelerator-

Nov 3, 2018 3:22 AM

Apr 2015
AcceleratorAngel said:
KasuraS said:

What can u do, they probably did not get the funding for more episodes, at least form the interviews with the director and screenwriter it was clear that we’ll get a nt adaption announced at the end of 26 episodes. Miki also indicated in an interview that at the end of index III a big announcement concerning the franchise will be made.

In that case, a 2-cour (excluding WW3 arc) should be the best choice to do. Then wait 2 years for a movie and they announce NT project at the end of the movie.
Nov 3, 2018 3:46 AM

Apr 2014
KasuraS said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

In that case, a 2-cour (excluding WW3 arc) should be the best choice to do. Then wait 2 years for a movie and they announce NT project at the end of the movie.

That would have been the best case scenario and how i would have wanted it, but we got instead the worst case with cut exposition and only the highlights of each respective arc being adapted.
-Accelerator-

Nov 3, 2018 4:18 AM

Feb 2014
hazarddex said:
Meta_Yoshi said:
treated Frenda like crap for information reasons, which was a little sad..

oh do you like frenda?

I was neutral over her when I first saw her when watching Railgun S, but I did start to like her more when she appeared later in the Railgun S manga, around volume 12 if I remember.
Nov 3, 2018 5:03 AM

Aug 2016
As much as I appreciate episodes without Touma I am pretty lost on these last ones.
There are all these organisations with their bland names like BLOCK,ITEM,MEMBER,DOORKNOB and what not whose members I barely remember from the previous seasons or have never seen before...and I don't know if I am supposed to really care for any of them or know what they are after?
But who knows, maybe everything will get a bit more clear with coming episodes.
Nov 3, 2018 5:44 AM
Oct 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
KasuraS said:

When a Adaption for the NT realy comes then they should make each season 4 cour and put everything in it like it Stands in the light novel
Nov 3, 2018 5:57 AM

May 2012
Good episode

Next week seems like Accelerator vs other level 5 guy (according to the preview)
Nov 3, 2018 7:01 AM

Aug 2018
i love this series because of how diverse and good the plot is but in ep 5 everything happened so fast,Its kinda confusing i guess i need to rewatch it.Still,i expect great things from this anime we still have a lot of episodes left so im still positive about this series.

In terms of animation quality i still prefer railgun s animation quality.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 3, 2018 7:30 AM

Jun 2017
Adome said:
Zhexal said:
I'm so confused right now, wtf is even going on, who the f are all those people?
Why do we jump from fight to fight and end up with that Frenda-scene? I don't get it at all..

Is this rushed af or is the LN as confusing as the anime adaptation?

Index anime adaptation has always been rushed.

Yeah but it never felt THAT rushed (At least that was my impression...but tbh i dont know, too many years have passed since S1/S2)
Nov 3, 2018 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
GreeenSponge said:
As much as I appreciate episodes without Touma I am pretty lost on these last ones.
There are all these organisations with their bland names like BLOCK,ITEM,MEMBER,DOORKNOB and what not whose members I barely remember from the previous seasons or have never seen before...and I don't know if I am supposed to really care for any of them or know what they are after?

The answer is no, the LN's explanation and build up part is already left on the cutting floor, so it is only going to get more confusing as all the subplot they cut out in S1 and S2 come crushing down like a bunch of idiots trying to build a skyscraper on a foundation of puddings.

So either drop it, or move to the source, the anime isn;t going to explain anything but just keep showing the happening without the build up, character motivation or consequences of their actions shown.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Nov 3, 2018 8:37 AM
Nov 2018
ap1001 said:
GreeenSponge said:

The answer is no, the LN's explanation and build up part is already left on the cutting floor, so it is only going to get more confusing as all the subplot they cut out in S1 and S2 come crushing down like a bunch of idiots trying to build a skyscraper on a foundation of puddings.

So either drop it, or move to the source, the anime isn;t going to explain anything but just keep showing the happening without the build up, character motivation or consequences of their actions shown.

You're right. I was an anime only person up until this season and I only knew Tsuchimakado and that maid girl were half siblings after reading the lightnovel.

The anime leaves way too many details out tbh.
Nov 3, 2018 8:51 AM

Aug 2016
ap1001 said:
GreeenSponge said:

Ah yeah I figured as much, that's too bad, I hate seeing butchered adaptions like this.
Thanks for the info though, maybe I'll check the LN out at some point.
Nov 3, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
Awaki is overcoming her trauma teleporting herself, didn't even lose control when she ended up teleporting her feet in the floor.
Frenda, i hope Kakine didn't kill her TT
Next episode Accelerator and Kakine, Number 1 and 2 will encounter!
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 3, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
So this is what the Chimera Ant Arc in Hunter x Hunter would have been like without the narrator.

Honestly, there's just way too much getting lost in translation between the Light Novels and the Anime. This series just works so much better when you can imagine the scene however you want in your head.
Nov 3, 2018 10:40 AM

Feb 2010
GreeenSponge said:

no your not suppose to know most these characters besides ITEM and GROUP this is the rest of the characters first appearances.

@ap1001

also fallow your own advice. i thought you said you already dropped the show so why are you even hanging around?

neither you or anyone else can predict the future.

so i would be careful about throwing around words like never.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 3, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
You keep saying this is their first appearance like that's going to solve the core issue of them not being relevant when they should be. 2 of those organizations are already out of the picture, and the way they were introduced and off'd they might as well not have existed in the first place.
Nov 3, 2018 11:33 AM
Mar 2015
Blood and gore everywhere Accelerator rocks. That trick with the gun was so cool
Nov 3, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was so fucking confusing. All these groups and characters are hard to follow.
Nov 3, 2018 1:12 PM

Dec 2017
LoomyTheBrew said:
This episode was so fucking confusing. All these groups and characters are hard to follow.

Yeah no doubt. Had to read the LN for everything to make sense. Can't be helped since the director skipped about 50% of quality content.
Nov 3, 2018 4:55 PM

Apr 2017
Can some novel reader explain to me a little about the situation? I mean, before this we were talking about France, saints and other assholes, we have now switched to this situation. I can not even understand what is the goal of Tsuchimikado and others tbh..
Nov 3, 2018 6:49 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah, this is rushed lmao. Even I can't excuse this now. I don't like what they did with MEMBER. I remember the Professor having a significant role in this arc but he just showed for a few secpnds smh.

Both Etzali and Musujime's fights in this actually made them develop as a characters in the novels but imagine my disappointment after seeing how they treated it.

Hmmm.. although I'm still excited for the next episode.
Nov 3, 2018 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
I can't believe how bad this is. This is beyond me being completely confused during the last episode, this is just awful. People shooting at targets standing still, introducing a character and then resolving the fight off screen, anything to do with that teleporting girls fight, and lastly, the level 5 guy beating up that Frenda girl since they met... somewhere? somehow? whatever.

If this wasn't Index it would be dropped and forgotten about.
Nov 4, 2018 12:13 AM

Dec 2013
Kuro_Neko04 said:
Can some novel reader explain to me a little about the situation? I mean, before this we were talking about France, saints and other assholes, we have now switched to this situation. I can not even understand what is the goal of Tsuchimikado and others tbh..

GROUP works for the dark side of Academy City as explained on season 1. Their goal was to stop BLOCK after the started rebelling with the goal to eventually kill Aleister (the upside down guy in the tank)
Nov 4, 2018 12:14 AM

Dec 2013
Lots of rushing with little explanation with what’s actually happening. I feel bad for people who can’t remember anything from the previous seasons.
Nov 4, 2018 2:42 AM

Sep 2018
Here is the moment when I inevitably lose the thread of the speech. Well, with this anime it always happens, some have said because it is the fault of too many cuts made in the transposition, however, the fact remains that I found this new episode interesting too.

P.S. I'm so sorry for Frenda. :(
Nov 4, 2018 3:40 AM
Nov 2009
The action and violence make up for the confusing story sequence.
Nov 4, 2018 4:50 AM

Aug 2013
Retolee said:
I can't believe how bad this is. This is beyond me being completely confused during the last episode, this is just awful. People shooting at targets standing still, introducing a character and then resolving the fight off screen, anything to do with that teleporting girls fight, and lastly, the level 5 guy beating up that Frenda girl since they met... somewhere? somehow? whatever.

If this wasn't Index it would be dropped and forgotten about.

This. And don't forget about how bad it looks. Index never looked great, but now they added shittons of cancerous 3DCG additionally. Basically everhing except characters is 3D.
rsc-plNov 4, 2018 4:57 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 4, 2018 8:34 AM
Dec 2010
I'm glad when this arc is over as i don't care for it, it's boring anyway especially without Touma, Index, Misaka and Itsuwa.

I'm waiting for Aqua of the Black arc, when the spotlight is back on Touma and Itsuwa and that scene and beautiful exchange between Touma and Misaka and if they mess this arc up, then i'll be really annoyed. This is the arc i'm looking forward to the most.

AlansbeerNov 4, 2018 8:41 AM
"Hurt Issei and you've got one hell of a powerful harem pissed off and ready to destroy your very existence"
Nov 4, 2018 8:38 AM

Apr 2017
Lmao, I'd hate to be an anime only for this series.
cunnysseur
Nov 4, 2018 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
Two cinnamon rolls, Uiharu and Last Order, strolling while the city is under attack xD I hope something bad won't happened.

Hostaging in front of Accelerator, too bad that MEMBER guy done it at the wrong person xD.

Frenda is in trouble and other ITEMs have no idea Kakine is about to attack.

Looks like this arc is about to reach the climax. Looking forward for next episode.
Nov 4, 2018 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
Alansbeer said:
I'm glad when this arc is over as i don't care for it, it's boring anyway especially without Touma, Index, Misaka and Itsuwa.

I'm waiting for Aqua of the Black arc, when the spotlight is back on Touma and Itsuwa and that scene and beautiful exchange between Touma and Misaka and if they mess this arc up, then i'll be really annoyed. This is the arc i'm looking forward to the most.

Whoever told you they will do a good job with the next arc?
Nov 4, 2018 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
ssjokg said:
Alansbeer said:

Whoever told you they will do a good job with the next arc?

actually maybe acqua arc will be better , if i remember the volume correctly it'll be easy to squeeze it in 3 episodes ( except if they did the arc in 2ep )
Nov 4, 2018 1:49 PM

May 2015
Yea I think I'm jumping off this train. As anime watcher only I have no idea who is who and other shit. Long break fron last season doesn't help either. Just waste of my time.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 4, 2018 8:56 PM
Apr 2011
Its not exacty that hard to follow. Read carefully, and use a decent subber.

The pacing is fast, yes, but its not impossible to understand. Pay close attention on how the events are set up in episode 4.

Heres a brief summary.

>The prerequisites to WAR are happening outside academy city. Military and Police assets are essentialy non-existant.
> A certain group in Academy city notice. The name of this group is SCHOOL
>SCHOOL is bad. They want to have their way with Aliester (General Superintendent of Acedemy City)
>SCHOOL attempts an assassination, as found out by GROUP (The aliester loyal faction)
>School and Group are now in conflict at this point.
>At this point we should assume that most of the dark factions of academy city know about SCHOOL making a move.
>The remaining factions to notice are ITEM and MEMBER (Aliesters personal dogs)
>ITEM, who is a faction that ensures higher political powers of acedemy city do not gain too much power, now begins to investigate the assassination attempt. This is the scene in the cafe, with meltdowner.
>Now, we learn about BLOCK, and see them make their move. They work with SCHOOL, and have a seperate plan to attack a school to draw out Move Point and force her to teleport them inside the windowless building, and get to aliester. As we learn later. (These guys hired the 5000 mercenaries) These guys were responsible for handling affairs outside of academy city, but went rogue.
>BLOCK attempts to hack a satellite, and EVERYBODY notices.

This sets the stage for a massive FFA between all these groups. Expect the next episode to be extremely awesome.

I can see how this can be hard to follow though. So many things to keep track of at once, since its following the actions of 5 different orginazations with each their own individual characters. It's alot of keep track of in 3 episodes worth of content. And lets be fair, we all want the WW3 arc.
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Nov 4, 2018 9:01 PM

Nov 2013
Ziggycuff said:
we all want the WW3 arc.
Not with this kind of pace no, not all of us want it.
Nov 4, 2018 9:11 PM
Apr 2011
Botato said:
Ziggycuff said:
we all want the WW3 arc.

My theory is that they are going deeper into this arc either during the Railgun anime or Accelerator Anime, and just breifly going over it during this arc. WW3 arc focuses on Index herself. And since this is an anime about index, and not so much what goes on in acedemy city, ill be happy if they rush certain aspects in favor of plot points revolving around index.
Feel free to drop a comment on my profile and have a chat! I am always looking to socialize with other users!
Nov 4, 2018 9:18 PM

Nov 2013
Ziggycuff said:
Botato said:

My theory is that they are going deeper into this arc either during the Railgun anime or Accelerator Anime, and just breifly going over it during this arc. WW3 arc focuses on Index herself. And since this is an anime about index, and not so much what goes on in acedemy city, ill be happy if they rush certain aspects in favor of plot points revolving around index.
BR arc isn't part of either manga though.

This series is not about Index, holy shit. She isn't even a main character.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2019

90 by combi2015 »»
Aug 7, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

83 by GilgaT »»
Jul 7, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sigsig - Oct 11, 2018

93 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AcceleratorAngel - Oct 5, 2018

195 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 11, 1:29 PM

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.