Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2018 3:17 AM

Jul 2016
That's hard to watch, I guess never get invested to a new character in this anime.
Aug 29, 2018 3:23 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Janethan23 said:
I'm stating to get the feeling that Ains and co. would probably inadvertently unite all the warring Kingdoms to go to war against them. If that were to happen it would make sense since Nazerick is the biggest threat to all those nations.

Yeah that's not going to do jack shit. Nazarick is openly held back from unleashing it's full power by Ainz himself. If they ever tried what you suggest, they would all get wiped up in an instant
You're getting caught up in the moment. You need to take into account that Nazerick is right in the middle of all the kingdoms so an all out war were to happen they'd be surrounded on all fronts laying siege nonstop. Ains has yet find the people that have the "world item" that took out Shalltear btw so getting the entire continent to go against you is a bad idea.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 29, 2018 3:27 AM

Apr 2008
Janethan23 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah that's not going to do jack shit. Nazarick is openly held back from unleashing it's full power by Ainz himself. If they ever tried what you suggest, they would all get wiped up in an instant
You're getting caught up in the moment. You need to take into account that Nazerick is right in the middle of all the kingdoms so an all out war were to happen they'd be surrounded on all fronts laying siege nonstop. Ains has yet find the people that have the "world item" that took out Shalltear btw so getting the entire continent to go against you is a bad idea.

The world item is immediately negated by holding another world item on your person. Ainz is just being paranoid about there being an ACTUAL PLAYER in the wings. If he knew it was the theocracy on its own, they would all be eradicated in a day. Nazarick's full power would destroy every nation around it. Hell one deathknight nearly wiped out the EMPIRE before it was BARELY contained by flying mages and Fluder bombarding it with fireballs. A SINGLE RANDOMLY SPAWNED DEATHKNIGHT FROM KATASE PLAINS.

Ainz can summon much stronger undead than that.
Darklight0303Aug 29, 2018 3:44 AM
Aug 29, 2018 3:56 AM
Aug 2018
Martial art! Limit Breaker! Dull Pain! Physical Boost! Iron Fist! Twin Blade Strike!

[Gasps!!]
Aug 29, 2018 3:58 AM
Mar 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Happy_Sensei said:
@Soul_Urge Yea it was really disgusting, had they followed the web novel or what the author said about the sisters I would've done what arche did (not really but got close)

People are saying it's been always this way but I disagree, intentionally or not in the first season it seemed he was going out of his way to avoid unnecessary deaths, making up reasons to convince his subordinates, as far as I can remember at least, he seemed apathetic but not a full psychopath, he only killed people who were pretty horrible and dirty handed themselves, as in actual murder not just deserted tomb robbing, in S2 he did kill lizard people which was when I started getting iffy about the show but then he resurrected (most of) them and he let that girl join his guild, he also saved that magic caster girl and her group wasn't killed (or was it?), sure in hindsight we can say he was just plotting but as a viewer it looked he -or the show in general- was trying not to be too gruesome, guess I was wrong, and I can't really remember the part about experimenting on 100 people, that's pretty sick too, but it would've been plain disgusting if they actually showed it, showing the actions has more effect than telling them and even if Ains was that sick since then it didn't seem that obvious -to me at least- until now

according to some people robbing places -that looks deserted of anything but undead monsters- is just as bad as committing unnecessary massacres and torture, and of course it's more upsetting when someone with a back story dies, doesn't mean killing randoms for no good reason is ok but it's natural to care more about people you know and in this case characters you know a little more, remember that scene in Austin Powers when the random security guy dies and they show his family lol

1. This time Ainz was just completely following along with one of Demi-Urge plans - it doesn't happen like this if he is the one in charge himself. The part at the end of season 2 would have been MUCH worse if Ainz didn't didn't intervene as early as he did. And for all we know the plan with luring people into the tomb might already be the "moderated" version, where Demi-Urge perhaps had originally planned something EVEN MORE sinister, which was then vetoed by Ainz?

2. It only seem morally evil because we, the audience, got to see Arche's sob background story. You are just assuming on your own that none of the other "mob characters" had equally or even more dire circumstances for doing what they did, which includes all the fake empire knights attacking carne village, all the members of the theocracy main force with the angels, all the nameless assistants of Kajit that where pulverized by Narberal, all the mercanaries that Shalltear killed, the various nameless lizardmen who died, the 8 finger underlings killed by Sebas, Brian and Climb, etc. But just because we got to see the background story of one particular mob-character, it's suddenly such a big deal? Of course we feel it more once we are "in the know", but on the other hand doesn't that mean we are prejudiced, hypocritical bigots who judge people we know nothing about, like the various nameless dead ones?

What prejudice are you taking about? as far as I remember the warriors were attacking a helpless village to lure the strongest swordman, Kajat's cult and 8 fingers were villanous gangs who done atrocities themselves, it's not prejudice to assume so without seeing every single gang member back story when we saw them as a group
take part in various horrible actions, my memory is fuzzy but I only remember lizard people being killed for no reason before, If there was another helpless uninvolved npc killed I can't remember and this time it's a bigger deal because it's done on a larger scale, more cruelly and the show glorified it and took pleasure in it, not sure how you ever took from my words that I'm fine with random slaughter

It's not just because "we know them" that it's a bad thing, it is bad regardless but the author has full choice on what to tell us about characters and how to build their upcoming death, the way he decided to do it was in a sadistic way that pleasured itself in showing us the protagonists enjoying themselves killing and torturing people who didn't do much to deserve it, I'm familiar to deaths in anime but usually it's done to show how cruel a character is(usually a villain that you'll want mc to kill later), how dangerous is that environment, how chaotic a situation was, the result of a conflict, there are many purposes it can serve and it all depends on how the author orchestrate it, but in this show and this particular episode it only showed how inhumane Ains is and how gruesome his subordinates to the point of making me and a few others hate them and see them as the bad guys, but it appears that there's a (larger) fandom for that
Aug 29, 2018 4:00 AM

Apr 2008
Happy_Sensei said:
Grey-Zone said:

1. This time Ainz was just completely following along with one of Demi-Urge plans - it doesn't happen like this if he is the one in charge himself. The part at the end of season 2 would have been MUCH worse if Ainz didn't didn't intervene as early as he did. And for all we know the plan with luring people into the tomb might already be the "moderated" version, where Demi-Urge perhaps had originally planned something EVEN MORE sinister, which was then vetoed by Ainz?

2. It only seem morally evil because we, the audience, got to see Arche's sob background story. You are just assuming on your own that none of the other "mob characters" had equally or even more dire circumstances for doing what they did, which includes all the fake empire knights attacking carne village, all the members of the theocracy main force with the angels, all the nameless assistants of Kajit that where pulverized by Narberal, all the mercanaries that Shalltear killed, the various nameless lizardmen who died, the 8 finger underlings killed by Sebas, Brian and Climb, etc. But just because we got to see the background story of one particular mob-character, it's suddenly such a big deal? Of course we feel it more once we are "in the know", but on the other hand doesn't that mean we are prejudiced, hypocritical bigots who judge people we know nothing about, like the various nameless dead ones?

What prejudice are you taking about? as far as I remember the warriors were attacking a helpless village to lure the strongest swordman, Kajat's cult and 8 fingers were villanous gangs who done atrocities themselves, it's not prejudice to assume so without seeing every single gang member back story when we saw them as a group
take part in various horrible actions, my memory is fuzzy but I only remember lizard people being killed for no reason before, If there was another helpless uninvolved npc killed I can't remember and this time it's a bigger deal because it's done on a larger scale, more cruelly and the show glorified it and took pleasure in it, not sure how you ever took from my words that I'm fine with random slaughter

It's not just because "we know them" that it's a bad thing, it is bad regardless but the author has full choice on what to tell us about characters and how to build their upcoming death, the way he decided to do it was in a sadistic way that pleasured itself in showing us the protagonists enjoying themselves killing and torturing people who didn't do much to deserve it, I'm familiar to deaths in anime but usually it's done to show how cruel a character is(usually a villain that you'll want mc to kill later), how dangerous is that environment, how chaotic a situation was, the result of a conflict, there are many purposes it can serve and it all depends on how the author orchestrate it, but in this show and this particular episode it only showed how inhumane Ains is and how gruesome his subordinates to the point of making me and a few others hate them and see them as the bad guys, but it appears that there's a (larger) fandom for that

Here's a little trivia for you. The ones who voted for Arche to die in the LN instead of becoming a sex slave like in WN are the readers of the WN. The fandom doesn't want your safe fairy tale of a story.
Aug 29, 2018 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
Well... shoot... I feel bad now. With all that build up they had for those four, I didn't think they'd just kill them all off like that.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 29, 2018 4:19 AM
Dec 2015
i will be good if bone daddy reveal himself as momon, i wanna see their reactions :v
Aug 29, 2018 4:22 AM

Apr 2008
kevinzzz123 said:
i will be good if bone daddy reveal himself as momon, i wanna see their reactions :v

The despair would be complete
Aug 29, 2018 4:24 AM
Aug 2013
Momonga was way to brutal in this episode he just lured them in and then murdered or sent to tortures - normal adventurers.
Aug 29, 2018 4:25 AM
Mar 2018
Isn't it episode 8 when ninya died lol xD.... Deym maybe if there is season 4, I will put my guard/defense to my highest level.

BTW I read in past posts about the web novel version don't you guys think that WB is much better to adapt rather than the LN.... Not because of the story but mainly because of how passionate fans react. I wouldn't be suprise if the show/LN be cancelled because of the backlash/death threats they recieved.
BuniebunnyAug 29, 2018 4:30 AM
Aug 29, 2018 4:27 AM

Aug 2018
Read the light novel (still have not read volume 12-13) and this is the only part of Overlord that left a bitter taste in my mouth but...

I LOVE IT. It just proves that Maruyama isn't toothless in terms of killing of characters who you feel sympathetic with like in the case of Arche and her sisters. There's no plot armor BS for the cute and innocent ones that are prevalent in most series at this time.

Now, I eagerly await for Ainz meeting Jircniv and showing off his powers later in this season's arc.
Aug 29, 2018 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
rika09 said:
Momonga was way to brutal in this episode he just lured them in and then murdered or sent to tortures - normal adventurers.
They are not normal ADventurers. They are mercenaries who turned down the regulated job of adventurers for the risky high paying dirty job of Worker
Aug 29, 2018 4:35 AM
Mar 2013

Darklight0303 said:
Here's a little trivia for you. The ones who voted for Arche to die in the LN instead of becoming a sex slave like in WN are the readers of the WN. The fandom doesn't want your safe fairy tale of a story.

There's a difference between wanting a safe fairy tale that no bad thing ever happens to anyone and hating to see sadism/psychopathy glorified, If you can't tell the two apart that's on you
Chigo_SenseiAug 29, 2018 4:42 AM
Aug 29, 2018 4:38 AM
Aug 2018
Atavistic said:
Well, we all knew that the death of everyone entering Nazarick was the inevitable outcome of the foolish raid on it, but they really upped the ante by having Ains personally do some of the killing himself. What he did to Arche's party was no different than killing the Slane Theocracy members in season 1, only this time we were given a half-baked sob story to make us care somewhat about the deaths this time. But for me, I was more interested to learn that this whole thing was mostly to see if Ains can leave Nazarick more and entrust its defence to Albedo, which will give him a lot more freedom to involve himself in affairs more personally. And it looks like he's finally starting to become the Overlord we've been promised from the beginning, now that he's actually actively moving to begin his conquest with the attack on the Empire.
He didnt do any of the killing himself this time tho. He paralyzed them and had his floor guardians do the dirty work. I mean he ordered it but he didnt personally do it lol
Aug 29, 2018 4:44 AM
Aug 2018
Happy_Sensei said:

Darklight0303 said:

There's a difference between wanting a safe fairy tale that no bad thing ever happens to anyone and hating to see sadism/psychopathy glorified, If you can't tell the two apart that's on you
Its not even that. to put it bluntly. "Some" WN deaths would of been cool to add to the LN but overall, the LN is FAR FAR better written.

Web Novel - old, poorly written, draft version of Overlord

Light Novel - new, significantly improved writing, "true" version of Overlord
Aug 29, 2018 4:47 AM

Apr 2008
Happy_Sensei said:

Darklight0303 said:

There was no glorification whatsoever. Just cause and effect. Choices and consequences.
Aug 29, 2018 4:56 AM
Aug 2018
Happy_Sensei said:
Grey-Zone said:

You do realize that the ONLY reason ainz ordered 8 fingers to be eliminated was because they disrespected him right? NOT because of the bad shit they did. It could of been a church that disrespected him and they still would of had there heads cut off lmaoo

and Ainz isnt acting sadistic at all... He has reasons for doing what he's doing. its not for pleasure at all. He fought them to gain exp because using magic cost exp and he doesnt wanna delevel. He's gonna experiment on the Holy man to test that worlds limits. and the bodies that are racked up are going to good use else where. He even says "its important to use every piece of the hunted, thats how you respect the dead" NOW the floor guardians are another story but its not like you didnt already know they were nuts.. s1 and s2 you saw how most of them view humans as ants.. Idk what you expected of this show, its never been happy sunshine rainbows like you thought it was. Ainz always kills with purpose, the workers died for a reason, that reason is to help establish his natiion.

What you and alot of people dont seem to get is that ainz is a lich, he isnt human anymore and he and every comrade of his are literally God like to the humans and beings in that world, you cant compare them to mortals.. You dont cry when animals are slaughtered for skin or meat or even fun (hunting) this is exactly the same thing in there eyes. they are higher beings in that world, thats just how it is. you can call it evil all you want but its the same as an ant calling you evil for stomping on it.
ChaostaAug 29, 2018 5:09 AM
Aug 29, 2018 5:19 AM
Sep 2016
Maz said:
Surprised that Arche and co actually died in the end; I was expecting them to be spared given they had some backstory given to them unlike the rest of the workers, although it makes the episode that much better for it.
That is why is Overlord and not some shitty isekai that can't kill anyone who is a pretty girl
Aug 29, 2018 5:41 AM
Sep 2016
Chaosta said:
Kevwoz said:
Hey everyone. Does anyone know who's voice Entoma was using? I can't remember which character used that voice.
That was Arche's voice. the blonde who shaltear killed

honestly that death was lame.. In the LN shaltear tortured her and used her as a sex slave before killing her. But i guess the censors wouldnt allow that to be animated
that was WN ending and tbh that was the one lame thing... "can't kill a cute girl cause fans would dislike it", LN ending was better
Aug 29, 2018 5:59 AM
Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Happy_Sensei said:

There was no glorification whatsoever. Just cause and effect. Choices and consequences.

The narrative of the show was siding with Ains ant painting him as the "cool badass" who's gonna reck you for entering his nakama's guild, that was the whole point of the anger fit he threw, also virtue of being the protagonist and how it seems that this is only getting worse so far (the show treats it as if it wasn't a problem, it's something the viewer is supposed to relate with and be hyped about

Chaosta said:

You do realize that the ONLY reason ainz ordered 8 fingers to be eliminated was because they disrespected him right? NOT because of the bad shit they did. It could of been a church that disrespected him and they still would of had there heads cut off lmaoo

and Ainz isnt acting sadistic at all... He has reasons for doing what he's doing. its not for pleasure at all. He fought them to gain exp because using magic cost exp and he doesnt wanna delevel. He's gonna experiment on the Holy man to test that worlds limits. and the bodies that are racked up are going to good use else where. He even says "its important to use every piece of the hunted, thats how you respect the dead" NOW the floor guardians are another story but its not like you didnt already know they were nuts.. s1 and s2 you saw how most of them view humans as ants.. Idk what you expected of this show, its never been happy sunshine rainbows like you thought it was. Ainz always kills with purpose, the workers died for a reason, that reason is to help establish his natiion.

What you and alot of people dont seem to get is that ainz is a lich, he isnt human anymore and he and every comrade of his are literally God like to the humans and beings in that world, you cant compare them to mortals.. You dont cry when animals are slaughtered for skin or meat or even fun (hunting) this is exactly the same thing in there eyes. they are higher beings in that world, thats just how it is. you can call it evil all you want but its the same as an ant calling you evil for stomping on it.

Killing them just because they disrespected him seemed to me like the usual excuse authors use when they don't want to break the image they drew for a character

Yea he hasn't shown sadistic behavior only psychopathic so far but the floor guardians did and they're basically his team, the team of the protagonist we are supposed to relate with as viewers, they're his extension to some degree

best description from another user is a child killing and torturing ants, don't know about you but everyone I know teaches their children not to kill ants and torture them for no reason, we actually tell them "would you like it if someone much stronger than you did it to you?" Most children will stop soon after and not take it any further. Ironically torturing animals is said to be a sign of a psychopath

Hunting animals for food or skin is a whole another story, I don't support killing them for fun, it's a discussion I really don't want to drag this thread into

Also equating weaker races to animals in a setting where they have many human-like races (lizard ppl elves etc) and also a lot of animal like monsters? Not really a fair comparison
Chigo_SenseiAug 29, 2018 6:03 AM
Aug 29, 2018 6:00 AM

Jan 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Happy_Sensei said:

Right, people acting like these workers didn't have a choice to turn down the job or something. They knew what they were getting into. They decided they would put their lives on the line for money. None of them had anything to offer Ainz that would have been useful to him.

Besides at the end of the day Momonga was logged into a video game, which seemed to bug him into some other world which was not Japan or real in any way. I wouldn't give a crap if I knew I wasn't in the real world either.
Aug 29, 2018 6:02 AM
Aug 2018
Happy_Sensei said:
Darklight0303 said:

The narrative of the show was siding with Ains ant painting him as the "cool badass" who's gonna reck you for entering his nakama's guild, that was the whole point of the anger fit he threw

Chaosta said:

Killing them just because they disrespected him seemed to me like the usual excuse authors use when they don't want to break the image they drew for a character

Yea he hasn't shown sadistic behavior only psychopathic so far but the floor guardians did and they're basically his team, the team of the protagonist we are supposed to relate with as viewers, they're his extension to some degree

best description from another user is a child killing and torturing ants, don't know about you but everyone I know teaches their children not to kill ants and torture them for no reason, we actually tell them "would you like it if someone much stronger than you did it to you?" Most children will stop soon after and not take it any further. Ironically torturing animals is said to be a sign of a psychopath

Hunting animals for food or skin is a whole another story, I don't support killing them for fun, it's a discussion I really don't want to drag this thread into

Also equating weaker races to animals in a setting where they have many human-like races (lizard ppl elves etc) and also a lot of animal like monsters? Not really a fair comparison
comparing higher being monsters to humanlike tendencies isn't a fair Comparison either but here we are 😂
Aug 29, 2018 6:03 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant Episode!

Finally, we got to see the sadistic and evil side of Ainz Ooal Gown! Merciless and unfazed obviously, Nazarick successfully defended. It’s a bit sad to see the wizard’s sisters awaiting her return although they haven’t the slightest clue of what her life is like and what she has gone through. The after credit scenes were just phenomenal though, I’m looking forward to seeing how the King and the Govt replies back.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 29, 2018 6:10 AM
Mar 2013
the show already showed us even lizards and goblins are human-like in this world, only difference in the protagonists is that they're overpowered and f'd up in the head

If they were pure monsters in the traditional sense they wouldn't be selectable for char creation
Aug 29, 2018 6:12 AM

Apr 2008
Happy_Sensei said:
the show already showed us even lizards and goblins are human-like in this world, only difference in the protagonists is that they're overpowered and f'd up in the head

If they were pure monsters in the traditional sense they wouldn't be selectable for char creation

Shows how little you know about the Game they come from then
Aug 29, 2018 6:15 AM

Oct 2017
This episode made me dislike Ainz, and everyone in Nazarick. If this show continues like this, then the whole thing is just pointless and stupid.
Aug 29, 2018 6:20 AM
Aug 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
This episode made me dislike Ainz, and everyone in Nazarick. If this show continues like this, then the whole thing is just pointless and stupid.
what??? None of it is pointless.. You clearly haven't been paying attention to the show.. What part of world domination don't You understand.. The killing of the workers was necessary to establish his country and the bodies were put to great use.. He doesn't just kill for no reason. Everything he does has a reason.. Maybe this show is just too smart For you.
ChaostaAug 29, 2018 6:24 AM
Aug 29, 2018 6:23 AM

Apr 2008
KatsutoSaki said:

Says the guy with the Lelouch avatar who has bloodied his hands with Innocents plenty. Double standard much?
Aug 29, 2018 6:36 AM

Oct 2017
Chaosta said:
what??? None of it is pointless.. You clearly haven't been paying attention to the show.. What part of world domination don't You understand.. The killing of the them was necessary to establish his country.. Everything he does has a reason.. Maybe this show it just too smart For you.

It's funny when you say "world domination" when they're basically ants when compared to Ainz... The whole thing is just Ainz killing weaklings and getting praises like "Sasuga Ainz-sama" and dominating the whole world.

And, I've been clearly paying attention to the whole show. I've re-watched the series multiple times, and I watch every episode twice or thrice. May be you should come up with some better reasoning then giving a typical answer as "you don't understand" or "the show is too smart for you".
Aug 29, 2018 6:38 AM
Mar 2013
@Chaosta you keep saying we don't understand their motives, I say you don't understand we find the methods disgusting, with their power and abilities they could have done it in many different ways, heck, you could end up killing them but not in this disturbting way and still not come off as bad

@Darklight0303 well if the author wanted us to think they're incapable of compassion or any feeling he shouldn't have shown them show many emotions and actions that emply emotions already (anger, jealousy, shyness, pleasure, embarrassment, thrill, sincerity, loyalty and even compassion from the butler guardian) Ains was said to have no emotions but he keeps getting excited, anxious, or embarrassed in his monologue and then something auto-calms him down, he even got angry in this episode...it either means he hasn't lost all humanity or just inconsistency, assuming it's not just an anime only thing

In other words the show has only shown us their disregard for human lives so far, not their incapablity to have it which make their actions worse imo but also gives room for development

Already talked too much in this thread tbh
Chigo_SenseiAug 29, 2018 6:44 AM
Aug 29, 2018 6:39 AM
Aug 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
Chaosta said:
what??? None of it is pointless.. You clearly haven't been paying attention to the show.. What part of world domination don't You understand.. The killing of the them was necessary to establish his country.. Everything he does has a reason.. Maybe this show it just too smart For you.

It's funny when you say "world domination" when they're basically ants when compared to Ainz... The whole thing is just Ainz killing weaklings and getting praises like "Sasuga Ainz-sama" and dominating the whole world.

And, I've been clearly paying attention to the whole show. I've re-watched the series multiple times, and I watch every episode twice or thrice. May be you should come up with some better reasoning then giving a typical answer as "you don't understand" or "the show is too smart for you".
well I wouldn't say such things if you didn't say such wrong things lmao. Like I said, nothing is pointless, something you'd understand if you understood the premise and plot of the anime.. Would you rather him blow up every city and enslave the planet? Cause his current method is far kinder to the living beings of the world..
ChaostaAug 29, 2018 6:43 AM
Aug 29, 2018 6:44 AM

Apr 2008
Man I wish MAL did not have this 30 people limit on blocking people's posts. I just maxed out the list again since I don't want to waste any more of my time talking to walls and yet it's only going to get even worse once the season Finale Rolls about. Moral posturing and nitpicking galore.
Aug 29, 2018 6:48 AM

Jan 2011
So when is ol' Momonga gonna actually face someone who poses a threat? The idea was touched on in season one with Shalltear getting brainwashed, but since then all we've got is more Nazarick wanking.
Aug 29, 2018 6:52 AM
Aug 2018
@Happy_Sensei you just now figured out that the monster of nazarick are crazy beings...? That shit was shown in the first ep so idk why your Suprised.. And aside from the dude getting a bard shoved up his pee hole, most weren't tortured. They were killed and or ate. Which considering that they are fucking monsters. That shouldn't surprise you.. Since when were demons, monsters and vampires friendly and merciful to humans.. Never that's when...

Your trying to compare nazarick beings to humans which you cant do.. Not only that, they are pretty much God tier in that world which also plays a huge part.
Aug 29, 2018 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
So when is ol' Momonga gonna actually face someone who poses a threat? The idea was touched on in season one with Shalltear getting brainwashed, but since then all we've got is more Nazarick wanking.

Hasn't happened up to the latest volume of the novel and no sign of it happening ever. The show is not about Momonga being challenged. It's momonga affecting the world around him be it for better or worse. He's a force of nature to the New World pretty much.
Aug 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2016
I feel like ainz is getting a little bit crazy he seems really obsess and truly idealized his former comrades his reaction when the thieves lied to try and save their lives even when he wasn't believing them in the first place was so over the top
Aug 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Oct 2017
Darklight0303 said:
KatsutoSaki said:

Says the guy with the Lelouch avatar who has bloodied his hands with Innocents plenty. Double standard much?

You comparing Lelouch with Ainz clearly shows how absurd it is to even discuss this episode here/with you.

Chaosta said:
well I wouldn't say such things if you didn't say such wrong things lmao.

May be you shouldn't get butt hurt over someone making a point, and explaining clearly as to why is he wrong.

Chaosta said:
Would you rather him blow up every city and enslave the planet? Cause his current method is far kinder to the living beings of the world..

You missed my point again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Try re-reading what I said, rather than implying whatever comes to your mind...
Aug 29, 2018 6:57 AM
Aug 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
Darklight0303 said:

You comparing Lelouch with Ainz clearly shows how absurd it is to even discuss this episode here/with you.

Chaosta said:
well I wouldn't say such things if you didn't say such wrong things lmao.

May be you shouldn't get butt hurt over someone making a point, and explaining clearly as to why is he wrong.

Chaosta said:
Would you rather him blow up every city and enslave the planet? Cause his current method is far kinder to the living beings of the world..

You missed my point again. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Try re-reading what I said, rather than implying whatever comes to your mind...
I read that you said and you still don't get it. You said ". The whole thing is just Ainz killing weaklings and getting praises like "Sasuga Ainz-sama" and dominating the whole world." Which, again.. You clearly missed the premise of the show.. You still don't get that it's all for a reason. It's not just Mindless killing.
Aug 29, 2018 6:59 AM

Aug 2018
KatsutoSaki said:

I'm sorry what? Have you actually watched Overlord and have any idea on its premise? The cast aren't trying to be your typical heroes here. They ARE the villains of the story, that's the point.

If you are going to get upset over this episode then I suggest you ready yourself in the next few episodes. He could do much WORSE than what he did to Arche and Foresight.

Aug 29, 2018 7:01 AM

Aug 2018
Darklight0303 said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Hasn't happened up to the latest volume of the novel and no sign of it happening ever. The show is not about Momonga being challenged. It's momonga affecting the world around him be it for better or worse. He's a force of nature to the New World pretty much.

Until he encounters
Aug 29, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2008
kenji1104 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Until he encounters

No need to put Zesshi in the spoiler since we saw her in season 2. Thing is she's likely going to end up falling for Ainz since remember what she said.

Slane Theocracy are nothing to be fearful of. Rather if he knew they were the ones who messed with Shaltear, they would be the first to feel the full wrath of Nazarick.

As for those other two, yeah no
Aug 29, 2018 7:08 AM

Aug 2018
Darklight0303 said:
kenji1104 said:

Until he encounters

No need to put Zesshi in the spoiler since we saw her in season 2. Thing is she's likely going to end up falling for Ainz since remember what she said.

Slane Theocracy are nothing to be fearful of. Rather if he knew they were the ones who messed with Shaltear, they would be the first to feel the full wrath of Nazarick.

Well you maybe right in terms of the raw power, the Theocracy would be burned to cinders though I feel like it's better to be wary of one of the Dragon Lords, he did actually managed to kill a
Aug 29, 2018 7:12 AM

Oct 2014
Happy_Sensei said:
Grey-Zone said:

99% of the content of this post of yours consists of hallucinations about what you think the author thinks or supposedly wants the audience to think. It's BS, escpacially since you treat your subjective impressions as undeniable facts. Moreover your points are inconsistent with what has been previously established in the story. There is literally NOTHING that indicates ANY kind of "glorification" here.

For example you attribute the "sadistic way" the characters die to some wish-fulfilling narrative the author makes.

WRONG!

The characters simply act in-character, that's all! The plan was made by Demi-Urge! Of course it's cruel! Ainz even points out that he has disagreements with these ideas but Demi-Urge is like a child to him and wants his "children" to think on their own, so he let's them have their opportunities. Not to mention he think of Demi-Urge as smarter than himself. It's similar with the various other characters. There is no such thing as a "hidden meaning" in all this. We simply got to see what happens once Demi-Urge truly got his way and the actions of Demi-Urge and other evil members of Nazarick are free from Ainz's restraints. This arc was the result. That's all.
Aug 29, 2018 7:14 AM
Mar 2018
kenji1104 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well you maybe right in terms of the raw power, the Theocracy would be burned to cinders though I feel like it's better to be wary of one of the Dragon Lords, he did actually managed to kill a

Those players weren't 100 lvl like Ainz now.
Aug 29, 2018 7:20 AM
Jul 2017
KatsutoSaki said:
Chaosta said:

watching the anime several times doesn't help that much in understanding what's going on considering the cuts and whatnot,reading the LN does and clearly you don't do that
Aug 29, 2018 7:20 AM

Apr 2008
SNDT said:
kenji1104 said:

Those players weren't 100 lvl like Ainz now.

And he didn't even do it with raw power but scheming and that's something Demiurge has him beat at anyway and he's on Ainz's side.
Aug 29, 2018 7:49 AM
Mar 2018
made a salty gif xD

Aug 29, 2018 7:51 AM

Apr 2009
Well, hot damn! It's been awhile since we have an episode of pure awesomeness, from the several "Oh-crap!" moments which when Ainz took off his ring certainly takes the entire cake...Arche had to puke, she couldn't handle the power, the Emperor's anxious face at the end is a good runner-up, to the looks of despair and helplessness of the four adventurers seeing they're so outclassed, they had to at least try to grovel and then bluff their way out (which of course didn't work and actually angered Ainz even more).

I feel sorry for Arche's younger sisters...but the show must go on and Arche has served another purpose!

Waiting for the next episode is stressing me out! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 29, 2018 8:11 AM

Jun 2016
UImoetard said:
The scene after ED was the best thing in this episode. Was that really just the raw strength of Mare? Since he didn't chant a magic spell.

DAMN it was fkin crazy thing to do.
A dragon appears out of nowhere and then some very powerful elf's threaten you like its nothing. And bam!! there goes your whole Army into the ground!
Ainz is going to the **dark side** as the story proceeds, makes you wonder if he's still the human he was before. But I really like this side of him though, scary!
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.