Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2018 2:50 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
mozgow said:
Any anime rated 4 or less.

Thanks for clearing that one up for me
I should have no problem finding an entry now
Aug 19, 2018 2:54 PM

Feb 2017
Could someone recommend me an Anime for the challenge?
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Aug 19, 2018 3:06 PM

Jul 2016
Marty-Chan02 said:

Hiii, I recommend
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Akame ga Kill
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Inuyashiki
Nanatsu no Taizai
Kakegurui

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Aug 19, 2018 3:11 PM

Feb 2017
KuroRagnarok said:
Marty-Chan02 said:

Hiii, I recommend
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Akame ga Kill
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Inuyashiki
Nanatsu no Taizai
Kakegurui
Thank you very much *^*
Aug 19, 2018 3:37 PM

Jul 2016
Hellooo ^^ Can anyone tell me if Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei works for〈58〉Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast

Aug 19, 2018 4:28 PM

Nov 2013
Marty-Chan02 said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2159/Ookiku_Furikabutte?q=big%20wind : )
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 19, 2018 4:44 PM

Apr 2011
KuroRagnarok said:
Hellooo ^^ Can anyone tell me if Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei works for〈58〉Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast

It should. According to this link, Fujou, Kirie is in her late twenties. Shiki and Mikiya were first year high school students in April 1995 (so at least 15 years old) and the movie takes place in August 1998 (so at least 18 years old). Plus I think Mikiya is a college dropout, so that should count as evidence, too.
Aug 19, 2018 6:06 PM
Nov 2014
Can someone help me with my challenge?

=> Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread <=

Thx for the helping :3
Aug 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Mar 2009
Who are active staff members? The previous link to the list seems to be down
Aug 19, 2018 7:08 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Claptrap said:

One of the staff replied this earlier:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=4850#msg55390795
It's quite the list, just gotta be sure the one you choose has shown activity recently
Aug 19, 2018 7:13 PM

Jul 2016
KMH said:
KuroRagnarok said:

It should. According to this link, Fujou, Kirie is in her late twenties. Shiki and Mikiya were first year high school students in April 1995 (so at least 15 years old) and the movie takes place in August 1998 (so at least 18 years old). Plus I think Mikiya is a college dropout, so that should count as evidence, too.

Thank you very much!! ^^ I'll have this link next to the item just in case

Aug 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Aug 2018
hello

yoroshiku tanomimasu
Aug 19, 2018 9:02 PM

Nov 2015
Casuj said:
hello

yoroshiku tanomimasu

Kuragehime
Aug 19, 2018 9:51 PM

Feb 2013
Question about number 96 - watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast (18 years old+). I would like to use Grand Blue but the specific ages of the characters are not provided on the character profile pages. The youngest characters are first year university students. I checked and the average age of first years in Japan (according to Wikipedia) is 19. The specifics of the challenge said to link to a source showing the character ages or request updates to the character profiles on MAL (if age isn’t specified). Where would I request the updates? Or is being a university student enough proof of being 18+ for this challenge?

Also a quick question about number 49 (watch an anime adapted from a Book). Some of the other book challenges are more specific (watch an anime adapted from a picture book, watch an anime adapted from a light novel or novel, etc.). Does it have to say the word “book” for the source? Or can it be an anime adapted from any type of book (novel, light novel, manga, etc.)?

Thanks so much for the help!! :)
Aug 20, 2018 1:18 AM

Jul 2014
deathbyglitter said:
Question about number 96 - watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast (18 years old+). I would like to use Grand Blue but the specific ages of the characters are not provided on the character profile pages. The youngest characters are first year university students. I checked and the average age of first years in Japan (according to Wikipedia) is 19. The specifics of the challenge said to link to a source showing the character ages or request updates to the character profiles on MAL (if age isn’t specified). Where would I request the updates? Or is being a university student enough proof of being 18+ for this challenge?
I would say stating that they are university students should suffice, but I would wait for @SheyCroix opinion on it.

deathbyglitter said:
Also a quick question about number 49 (watch an anime adapted from a Book). Some of the other book challenges are more specific (watch an anime adapted from a picture book, watch an anime adapted from a light novel or novel, etc.). Does it have to say the word “book” for the source? Or can it be an anime adapted from any type of book (novel, light novel, manga, etc.)?
It must have "Book" as the source.
Aug 20, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2011
Casuj said:
hello

yoroshiku tanomimasu

Land of the Lustrous
Kino no Tabi (the older version)
Kids on the Slope
Sound Euphonium
Princess Tutu
Aug 20, 2018 9:13 AM
Apr 2016
Hey guys! Can you rec something for 27 item of AWC?
Aug 20, 2018 9:22 AM

Aug 2017
TheAlex22 said:

Major S1
Usagi Drop
In This Corner of the World
Aug 20, 2018 9:25 AM

Oct 2011
TheAlex22 said:

Barakamon
Haikyuu!!
School-Live!
Nagi no Asukara
Aug 20, 2018 9:51 AM
Apr 2016
johanna_k said:
TheAlex22 said:

Major S1
Usagi Drop
In This Corner of the World

thanks!
Aug 20, 2018 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
mozgow said:
deathbyglitter said:
I would say stating that they are university students should suffice, but I would wait for @SheyCroix opinion on it.

deathbyglitter said:
It must have "Book" as the source.

Thanks for the help!! In the Grand Blue Wikia under “Peek-a-Boo (diving club)” it has all the members/MCs listed. Clicking on each gives their age in both the manga and anime. The youngest members are listed as being 20 years old in the anime. Will this link be enough for the challenge: http://grand-blue.wikia.com/wiki/Characters
deathbyglitterAug 20, 2018 2:23 PM
Aug 20, 2018 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
deathbyglitter said:
Thanks for the help!! In the Grand Blue Wikia under “Peek-a-Boo (diving club)” it has all the members/MCs listed. Clicking on each gives their age in both the manga and anime. The youngest members are listed as being 20 years old in the anime. Will this link be enough for the challenge: http://grand-blue.wikia.com/wiki/Characters
Yes, it will work as a proof.
Aug 20, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2013
mozgow said:
deathbyglitter said:
Yes, it will work as a proof.

Thanks so much! :)
Aug 20, 2018 4:12 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Claptrap said:
Would Joe count as a professional boxer for Megalo Box?
Also, for the seiyuu with less than five roles... do they have to be the MC or important in the story we are watching them perform in?

Sure, you can use him

level62mage said:
What is your thoughts on people "cheating" with really short entries?
I'm personally only counting things that are of significant length.
There was one guy who completed the hardcore challenge in 2 weeks by just finding really short "anime" that fit the criteria.
I think next year there should be some mode where you are forced to average some given length across all entries, for example 4 hours (~10 episodes).

It seems you didn't check the challenge explanation list. Yes, most items let you use very short things, but many other are a bit annoying since they have requirements. Whether it's length or duration. This should be a challenge for the enjoyment of the community, one that allows it's participants to have fun in their own way. If anyone feels satisfied going the cheeser way of just using short stuff, congrats. If anyone feels more satisfied just using longer stuff, then congrats too. Neither makes ones better than the other. It's all up to the personal satisfaction with it. The participants are free to make their personal restrictions and go their way with it, but I have to admit that
TambalaiAri said:
"Master of Time" has a nice ring to it. xD
has indeed a nice ring to it, so noted it down. Either way, I see no problem with going with either, even I have a combination of both. If my shortest anime used isn't less than a minute, it's less than five. It's not like using a longer one will give me more points or a bigger reward.

In the end the only thing that's counted as cheating in this sort of challenge is when someone tries to use anime they have yet to complete, stuff they already completed before the valid year, and other related things.

mozgow said:
deathbyglitter said:

@deathbyglitter the anime itself states that they are over 20 I think, so you won't have a problem that way nor need to link anything for it. But you can't use it for that item. It has only 4 MCs as of this moment.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 20, 2018 4:27 PM

Jul 2014
As this website has no way of manually searching via source material...

Does anyone have any recommendations for comedies for the following sources?

Book
Card Game
Picture Book
Radio / Music

Please and Thank you!!

Aug 20, 2018 4:38 PM
Aug 20, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2013
SheyCroix said:
Claptrap said:
Also, for the seiyuu with less than five roles... do they have to be the MC or important in the story we are watching them perform in?

Sure, you can use him

level62mage said:
What is your thoughts on people "cheating" with really short entries?
I'm personally only counting things that are of significant length.
There was one guy who completed the hardcore challenge in 2 weeks by just finding really short "anime" that fit the criteria.
I think next year there should be some mode where you are forced to average some given length across all entries, for example 4 hours (~10 episodes).

It seems you didn't check the challenge explanation list. Yes, most items let you use very short things, but many other are a bit annoying since they have requirements. Whether it's length or duration. This should be a challenge for the enjoyment of the community, one that allows it's participants to have fun in their own way. If anyone feels satisfied going the cheeser way of just using short stuff, congrats. If anyone feels more satisfied just using longer stuff, then congrats too. Neither makes ones better than the other. It's all up to the personal satisfaction with it. The participants are free to make their personal restrictions and go their way with it, but I have to admit that
TambalaiAri said:
"Master of Time" has a nice ring to it. xD
has indeed a nice ring to it, so noted it down. Either way, I see no problem with going with either, even I have a combination of both. If my shortest anime used isn't less than a minute, it's less than five. It's not like using a longer one will give me more points or a bigger reward.

In the end the only thing that's counted as cheating in this sort of challenge is when someone tries to use anime they have yet to complete, stuff they already completed before the valid year, and other related things.

mozgow said:

@deathbyglitter the anime itself states that they are over 20 I think, so you won't have a problem that way nor need to link anything for it. But you can't use it for that item. It has only 4 MCs as of this moment.

Thanks for letting me know! :)
Aug 20, 2018 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
Can anyone recommend an anime with 3 adult MC for #52?

[52] Watch an anime with 3 or more human adults as the main cast:
Aug 20, 2018 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
dlee342 said:

Grand Blue has four human adult MCs and it’s really funny. :)
Aug 20, 2018 5:54 PM

Apr 2011
dlee342 said:

Working!! and it's sequels.
Osomatsu-san and it's sequel
ReLIFE
Nanbaka
Aug 20, 2018 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
deathbyglitter said:
dlee342 said:

Grand Blue has four human adult MCs and it’s really funny. :)

KMH said:

Working!! and it's sequels.
Osomatsu-san and it's sequel
ReLIFE
Nanbaka

Thanks!
Aug 20, 2018 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
Hi can I get some recs for these two? Thank s

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:

arandompandah said:
(49) Watch an anime adapted from a Book
and
(50) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga
Kinda needing some help lol :p

If you want one more suggestion, there's Mary to Majo no Hana. It's listed as Book and I watched it on US Netflix.
removed-userAug 20, 2018 8:22 PM
Aug 20, 2018 8:24 PM

Jul 2017
Elsie said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka★Magica
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32949/Kuzu_no_Honkai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
:)

A recommendation for (59) Watch an anime with at least two human children as main characters?
I spent a lot of time searching for a anime but i can't find, thanks
efete20Aug 20, 2018 8:29 PM

Aug 20, 2018 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Chiantif said:
Elsie said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Code_Geass__Hangyaku_no_Lelouch
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka★Magica
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32949/Kuzu_no_Honkai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
:)

A recommendation for (59) Watch an anime with at least two human children as main characters?

Thank you so much.

I watched Mitsuboshi Colors Its mostly slice of life cgdct but thought it was funny and cute. Another one is Ryuuou no Oshigoto it's about shogi but it does have an odd loli harem.
Aug 21, 2018 2:02 AM

Mar 2009
Ranacchi said:
Claptrap said:

One of the staff replied this earlier:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1697305&show=4850#msg55390795
It's quite the list, just gotta be sure the one you choose has shown activity recently

Thank you very much!

SheyCroix said:
Claptrap said:

Sure, you can use him

Thank you for the response here, I was still nervous about using him. Good to have confirmation
Aug 21, 2018 2:52 AM

Jul 2014
Elsie said:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:
Planetes
Sakasama no Patema

Chiantif said:
Taiyou no Ko Esteban
Aug 21, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2012
Hey guys,

looking for a bit of help with the following challenges

please recommend as much as possible...

(96) Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast
(108) Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color

and please Challenge Staff Member i would appreciate your recommendation for the following
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
Aug 21, 2018 9:10 AM

Oct 2011
Daisy-Sensei said:
Hey guys,

looking for a bit of help with the following challenges

please recommend as much as possible...

(96) Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast
(108) Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color

and please Challenge Staff Member i would appreciate your recommendation for the following

#96:
Shirobako
Honey and Clover
Bungou Stray Dogs
Samurai Deeper Kyo (??)
Genshiken
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Osomatsu-san
Aoi Bungaku Series
ACCA
Baccano (??)
Sakura Quest
Seven Deadly Sins
Servant x Service
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san
Mobile Police Patlabor
Genji Monogatari Sennenki
Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro

You should double-check these (like make sure they're listed as main characters + they're actually human), this is just what came up when I went looking through past pages of this forum (from 60-current pg if you want to go back further on your own). I just suggest taking a screenshot of wherever you find the character ages / age brackets.
Aug 21, 2018 10:15 AM

Jul 2014
Daisy-Sensei said:
I thought it would be hard to find something you haven't already seen, but it was surprisingly easy.

Murder Princess
Bubblegum Crisis
Aug 21, 2018 10:48 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Claptrap said:
SheyCroix said:
Sure, you can use him
Thank you for the response here, I was still nervous about using him. Good to have confirmation

No worries but I see I missed a second question there.
As stated on the challenge list explanations : " any anime they participated as voice actor; must be 5 or less different titles/anime; don't count same franchise/character as one "

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Aug 21, 2018 11:01 AM
Aug 21, 2018 3:18 PM

Aug 2017
Hi, could I get a recommendation for:

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member @SheyCroix

It's okey if it's not from my ptw list and also - the more the better :D
Aug 21, 2018 5:31 PM

Apr 2011
justoline said:
Hi, could I get a recommendation for:

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member @SheyCroix

It's okey if it's not from my ptw list and also - the more the better :D

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11837/Zetman
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18179/Yowamushi_Pedal
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27/Trinity_Blood
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22687/Terra_Formars
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi__The_Labyrinth_of_Magic
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1726/Devil_May_Cry
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1818/Claymore

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Aug 21, 2018 5:31 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Claptrap said:

Thank you very much!

No problem, always happy to help~

FriedPotato said:

I watched Violet Evergarden. Cried terribly, but loved it. thanks for showing me it :3

You're welcome!
I'm glad to hear you had a good time with it
Aug 22, 2018 5:39 AM
Dec 2017
can someone rec me something for challenge 27
Aug 22, 2018 6:04 AM

Apr 2009
Hello, I've been going through titles in my list to make sure things were still in order (filling in extra info, etc) and realized that the title I have for an award-winning anime was only nominated for the award I was looking at. Unless nominations are sufficient to include the film for that challenge, I'd need to change it.
This is the one I have now: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1690483/awards?ref_=tt_awd

Is there a suggestion for how/where to best search titles that are award-winners?
Aug 22, 2018 6:08 AM

Sep 2012
mozgow said:
Daisy-Sensei said:
I thought it would be hard to find something you haven't already seen, but it was surprisingly easy.

Murder Princess
Bubblegum Crisis

@mozgow both seems interesting! (Note i added them to plan to watch list) but if i am not mistaken it has to be recommended by staff member @SheyCroix

RulenneClarissa said:
Hello, I've been going through titles in my list to make sure things were still in order (filling in extra info, etc) and realized that the title I have for an award-winning anime was only nominated for the award I was looking at. Unless nominations are sufficient to include the film for that challenge, I'd need to change it.
This is the one I have now: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1690483/awards?ref_=tt_awd

Is there a suggestion for how/where to best search titles that are award-winners?

@RulenneClarissa
here ur best source from MAL 「Anime」 Award Winning Works as recommended from Challenge List with Explanations by AWC_mod

Rakan_Habab said:

@Rakan_Habab
go for Angel Beats it's in ur plan to watch as well..
Daisy-SenseiAug 22, 2018 6:16 AM
Aug 22, 2018 6:31 AM
Dec 2017
Daisy-Sensei said:

Rakan_Habab said:

@Rakan_Habab
go for Angel Beats it's in ur plan to watch as well..

thanks @Daisy-Sensei but I am doing it for challenge 75 but thanks for the rec.
so can i have another rec
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 99 100 [101] 102 103 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

53 by epidemia78 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Best character with finite mana

Catalano - 52 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows?

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

29 by epidemia78 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » If all pirated sites were to shut down, would you be willing to pay for anime? ( 1 2 3 )

All_Knowing - Sep 7

148 by HiljainenSipuli »»
24 minutes ago

» Changes Over Time In The Way You Use MAL Ratings

Quadruple_Oi - Sep 20

42 by Quadruple_Oi »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.