Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2018 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this episode didn't interest me much although it was slightly neat to see Naruto and Shikamaru talk like the old times.

Pretty much more buildup towards the exams coming. For a kid, Boruto still has that stubborn-like attitude which is understandable for someone his age. At least he's got understandable friends. What a birthday party until the part with the clone...

Ooh, Sasuke appeared!
Stark700Apr 11, 2018 2:48 AM
Apr 11, 2018 2:56 AM

Feb 2018
So boruto is like the chosen one or whatever great.... just great in Moruto Boruto next generations i bet there ll be a turnament between all universes and borutos son ll have a tenzengan rinesharingan sage of six paths power their new eye and all that other bs.
I mean that's gonna happen if they keep having the powers escalate if boruto becomes stronger then Naruto the series ll do it like Db.
Apr 11, 2018 3:16 AM
Feb 2018
i gave it 4 just because Sasukes 5 second cameo .
Apr 11, 2018 3:22 AM
Sep 2015
Very interesting opening scene. Poor Himawari, when your dad cant show up for your birthday.. Boruto is being exceedingly stubborn this episode.
Apr 11, 2018 4:02 AM
Jan 2018
Was expecting some badass fight scene from the movie...
Apr 11, 2018 4:03 AM
Apr 2016
But honestly this is the worst opening I have seen in the whole Naruto-Boruto universe yet.
Re:formed
Apr 11, 2018 4:29 AM
Apr 2016
OGAnime said:

I would have really preferred they skipped everything shown in the movie altogether, but would that be proper? Boruto is being set-up for that massive humiliation, there is a third Ootsutsuki minor villain who descends upon the Ninja realm (from the moon, mirrors to Gurren Lagann), and overall they have theoretically polished the movie experience part (where Boruto just wiped floor with the space villains, which in my opinion is quite questionable). So I am expecting them to reinvent and redefine the quality of what they have previously considered plausible. But hey, with this new OP? I am being ran on goodwill alone now.
xShinigami3125 said:
So boruto is like the chosen one or whatever great.... just great in Moruto Boruto next generations i bet there ll be a turnament between all universes and borutos son ll have a tenzengan rinesharingan sage of six paths power their new eye and all that other bs.
I mean that's gonna happen if they keep having the powers escalate if boruto becomes stronger then Naruto the series ll do it like Db.

Yours faithful called it the same episode the eye got introduced. There is some faction war (looks like racist aliens against peaceful philanthropists, if broken down) up there, and it is coming after the 5 great nations soon.
Daniel_NaumovApr 11, 2018 4:33 AM
Apr 11, 2018 4:32 AM
Sep 2017
This episode was lit!!!
Urashiki, Sasuke, and...the manga readers know what!...this episode was epic! Love you Studio Pierrot. Now, we are getting real deal.
But unfortunately, the fanbase here in MAL is still gloomy, and extremely negative. Even after so many great episodes, Boruto's rating declines everyday here. I don't know what they want. They want to see Naruto-level things in Boruto even though it should not have Naruto-things and is never meant to be. What hypocrites!
Apr 11, 2018 4:35 AM

Dec 2016
damn 2 pretty good episodes in a row what's happenning?
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 11, 2018 4:41 AM

Jan 2017
The episode was exciting, I didn't think that the "Naruto the Last" movie would have such relevance to the anime... With that short introduction of Toneri
On the other hand, we pretty much know where this is headed due to the fact that it covers what we've already seen in the "Boruto: Naruto the Movie" instalment so I wonder of we'll see explore this arc in better depth

I felt so sorry for Himawari with that birthday sequence, then again it's already been covered so we knew it was inevitable
In any case, I can't wait for the future episodes, although it'll play out in the same manner there's bound to be som significant improvements made; I mean, the OP had some nice fight scenes going
Apr 11, 2018 4:53 AM

Jan 2017
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
This episode was lit!!!
Urashiki, Sasuke, and...the manga readers know what!...this episode was epic! Love you Studio Pierrot. Now, we are getting real deal.
But unfortunately, the fanbase here in MAL is still gloomy, and extremely negative. Even after so many great episodes, Boruto's rating declines everyday here. I don't know what they want. They want to see Naruto-level things in Boruto even though it should not have Naruto-things and is never meant to be. What hypocrites!

Cold it be that you just like the boruto series that much?
To be honest, this arc was something covered in the movie -of which you must have watched, I guess. Which is why this "epic" episode doesn't seem so epic
Really though, a good portion of the viewers came from "Naruto," if not the majority; so there would be comparisons made to the Naruto series, it's only natural. It's because they want for this anime to go beyond what Naruto's generation built, and that would be the expectation to make "Boruto" worth watching -this arc also seems to me that if will be short lived, why? Because right now I don't see how much this will be linked to the kawaki vs. boruto we had seen in the first episode
Apr 11, 2018 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
tambi33 said:
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
This episode was lit!!!

To be honest, this arc was something covered in the movie -of which you must have watched, I guess. Which is why this "epic" episode doesn't seem so epic
Really though, a good portion of the viewers came from "Naruto," if not the majority; so there would be comparisons made to the Naruto series, it's only natural. It's because they want for this anime to go beyond what Naruto's generation built, and that would be the expectation to make "Boruto" worth watching -this arc also seems to me that if will be short lived, why? Because right now I don't see how much this will be linked to the kawaki vs. boruto we had seen in the first episode

Or maybe that it's his/her opinion and he's entitled to think it's epic. No need for an explanation to dispute that.
Apr 11, 2018 5:31 AM

Jan 2017
Yasuhito said:
tambi33 said:

Or maybe that it's his/her opinion and he's entitled to think it's epic. No need for an explanation to dispute that.

I wasn't even addressing his opinion of the episode, rather it was an explanation of why "the fanbase here in MAL is still gloomy, and extremely negative." That he had mentioned
And, If anything, read the forum message before that, It talks about how I enjoyed this episode like @Suradoe_Uchiha

P.S.
Did you read what I wrote at all, I barely judged his opinion... The only thing ambiguously close to judging was when I said "Which is why this "epic" episode doesn't seem so epic"
To elaborate, it "doesn't seem so epic [to others]"
tidoesstuffApr 11, 2018 5:42 AM
Apr 11, 2018 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
Urashiki has Zoro's voice, now I already like him and he only showed up for a couple minutes. I'm really interested to see how he'll be incorporated into this arc, since he was cut out of the original movie.

As expected, Naruto couldn't go to his own daughter's birthday party, and Boruto was understandably pissed. I wasn't really a fan of his stubborn attitude throughout most of this episode.

Nice Sasuke cameo at the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 11, 2018 6:39 AM

Feb 2013
Naruto, you are ruining your image, being the hokage doesn't make missing Himawari's birthday right, you suck.
Apr 11, 2018 6:46 AM

Jul 2017
This episode did a better job than the movie in destroying my heart on the birthday scene. I liked how they are doing the adaptation adding new details. And Urashiki is already my favorite Otsutsuki of the three villains.

Apr 11, 2018 7:18 AM

Feb 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
OGAnime said:

I would have really preferred they skipped everything shown in the movie altogether, but would that be proper? Boruto is being set-up for that massive humiliation, there is a third Ootsutsuki minor villain who descends upon the Ninja realm (from the moon, mirrors to Gurren Lagann), and overall they have theoretically polished the movie experience part (where Boruto just wiped floor with the space villains, which in my opinion is quite questionable). So I am expecting them to reinvent and redefine the quality of what they have previously considered plausible. But hey, with this new OP? I am being ran on goodwill alone now.
xShinigami3125 said:

Yours faithful called it the same episode the eye got introduced. There is some faction war (looks like racist aliens against peaceful philanthropists, if broken down) up there, and it is coming after the 5 great nations soon.

Yea who do you think ll be the first "ninja" to blow up a planet ?
Apr 11, 2018 7:19 AM

May 2017
Okay, I dunno about y'all but the cake scene cracks me up everytime, and the fact that I was anticipating it to happen, it's even more funnier now lmao
Apr 11, 2018 7:21 AM

Feb 2018
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
This episode was lit!!!

We dislike the show because they constantly weaken people from shippuden just for the plot the story up until now was pretty much just filler cuz we all knew nothing could happen because it all happened before the Movie which they are now adapting into the series. You apparently didn't see Naruto Boruto the movie.
Apr 11, 2018 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
In a way I'm glad they are pulling straight from the movie (At least from what I can see). It'll give the studio more time to think and develop the story after it's all said and done
Apr 11, 2018 7:23 AM

Feb 2018
I mean that Naruto and boruto conflict is somewhat interesting (even tho we already saw it in the movie) but it's all based on Naruto not being strong enough to make manny shadow clones at the same time I mean just look at what he did durring the fucking war arc as a teanager and he is much stronger now so his shadow clone disappearing is just bs.
Apr 11, 2018 7:26 AM
Apr 2016
tambi33 said:
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
This episode was lit!!!

tambi33 said:
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
This episode was lit!!!

In accordance:
I am inclined to believe that the majority of people who have viewed Japanese animation have heard, seen, or followed Naruto Shippuuden. There was time it set standards what animation should strive to become, both visually and philosophically. Moving on...
I don't know if you missed that, or simply did not deem important, but Boruto himself said, that he wanted to "surpass his father and be able to help everyone and spend time with his family" (something along the lines), for Boruto this is also a story of surpassing that previous generation that did what it could, but still failed to polish some corners. Just a parallel between what someone might expect from the series that they believe be in the shadows of Naruto, and what the main character actually thinks of it.
That Kawaki vs Boruto seems to be set between 5 to 10 years later than what we see today (they could easily make this time literal, but I doubt they will). It does seem connected to the overall Ootsutsuki plot (because there is no one else start the wheels of conflict anew), but Kawaki himself is not Ootsutsuki, meaning he was a shinobi like Boruto, before something happened. He got angry? Got insane? Decided to restart the whole world? I believe it is the former in essence, but, of course, sophisticated and extended. The markings they had, I would guess, are gifts from the Ootsutsuki realm, where Naruto was probably sent. They would not dare to kill Naruto, a much anticipated drama for many. But rendering him powerless and making Boruto the last champion of the Ninja realm, that would send the message. I think the relationship between Kawaki and Boruto will be revealed to resemble that of Sasuke and Naruto, when the former goes rogue at some point. And it certainly is not the final sequence of the story, such a thing could only happen in the middle of it, as, (just like in the renowned Gurren Lagann) the heroes have to launch a counter attack then. Estimations.
What I see in Boruto is ambition, vast and dignified. In fulfilling that ambition, they would not only create a worthy sequel of Naruto, but will provide a more compelling, more complete and grander story as a whole. There could be generations working on Boruto soon. Children who were growing up with the first episodes, helping to create a final draft in a story spanning for as long as this century began. Evidently, the current state is not deserving of advocating. But the speed they are gaining slowly, maybe it will soon be enough to penetrate, pierce the roof of expectations that some met this series with. And when it happens, we will be there to appreciate it.
Apr 11, 2018 7:40 AM

Jan 2017
It's a pretty nice adaptation of the beginning portion of the movie arc with some added details here and there along with some hints for what happens way down the line.
Apr 11, 2018 7:40 AM

Jan 2014
ok so now we're entering the movie part.
I wonder who's on the Katasuke lab.
Apr 11, 2018 7:48 AM

Oct 2008
The moment that Sasuke catched the punch of Boruto, i knew that they now on the right track and following the manga loyally but i guess fillers are still unavoidable!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2018 7:54 AM

Mar 2015
That third Otsutsuki member must have done something to Katatsuke to make boruto using that ninja scientific tools... probably
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Apr 11, 2018 8:19 AM

Sep 2013
The hyuga clan is related to the ootsuki, that makes sense.
Boruto and naruto both are idiots.
Apr 11, 2018 8:32 AM
Dec 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
I mean that Naruto and boruto conflict is somewhat interesting (even tho we already saw it in the movie) but it's all based on Naruto not being strong enough to make manny shadow clones at the same time I mean just look at what he did durring the fucking war arc as a teanager and he is much stronger now so his shadow clone disappearing is just bs.

Well you must consider the mental toll administering the village will take on Naruto. Physically it's not much of an effort compared to the war. But mentally, working for days on end with no rest.
Apr 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
The opening scene was really interesting. It's a shame Naruto missed Himawari's birthday, now Boruto is all upset. His stubborn attitude is really annoying. Glad to see Sasuke again.
Apr 11, 2018 9:01 AM

Feb 2018
Karthick94 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Well you must consider the mental toll administering the village will take on Naruto. Physically it's not much of an effort compared to the war. But mentally, working for days on end with no rest.

Yea i knew but he could just let shadow clones do everything for him I mean it's not like he doesn't have enough chakra
Apr 11, 2018 9:26 AM

May 2010
Daaamn the cake scene :D
Apr 11, 2018 9:36 AM

Sep 2016
Sasuke is always looking for Naruto. Next episode will be full of Sasuke. I'm sick of him always appearing just before the ED.
Apr 11, 2018 9:44 AM
Feb 2017
FYI: Hinata never talks to Sasuke until it happens on this episode and Boruto movie
Apr 11, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
Finally getting to the good part.
Apr 11, 2018 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
Honestly I’m on Boruto side with his Father. Tbh Naruto needs to learn how to balance work life and regular life. Of course there will be emergencies but there wasn’t one today... unless there was? That’s why his clones disappear but still. Naruto should want to psychically be there because he did t have that growing up and now he’s not providing that for his children... mhmm tea <3 .

Anyways Boruto also a chosen one so... yeah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2018 10:58 AM
Apr 2016
UrbanJahts said:
Honestly I’m on Boruto side with his Father. Tbh Naruto needs to learn how to balance work life and regular life. Of course there will be emergencies but there wasn’t one today... unless there was? That’s why his clones disappear but still. Naruto should want to psychically be there because he did t have that growing up and now he’s not providing that for his children... mhmm tea <3 .

Anyways Boruto also a chosen one so... yeah

That's about two of you against his father (and even Boruto understands that his father is right and calls himself uncool because of letting his anger get the better of him) in the whole Konoha.
Apr 11, 2018 11:01 AM
Apr 2018
Finally. Let's all hope it doesn't take 20 more episodes just to repeat the whole movie.
Apr 11, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
tambi33 said:

In accordance:
I am inclined to believe that the majority of people who have viewed Japanese animation have heard, seen, or followed Naruto Shippuuden. There was time it set standards what animation should strive to become, both visually and philosophically. Moving on...
I don't know if you missed that, or simply did not deem important, but Boruto himself said, that he wanted to "surpass his father and be able to help everyone and spend time with his family" (something along the lines), for Boruto this is also a story of surpassing that previous generation that did what it could, but still failed to polish some corners. Just a parallel between what someone might expect from the series that they believe be in the shadows of Naruto, and what the main character actually thinks of it.
That Kawaki vs Boruto seems to be set between 5 to 10 years later than what we see today (they could easily make this time literal, but I doubt they will). It does seem connected to the overall Ootsutsuki plot (because there is no one else start the wheels of conflict anew), but Kawaki himself is not Ootsutsuki, meaning he was a shinobi like Boruto, before something happened. He got angry? Got insane? Decided to restart the whole world? I believe it is the former in essence, but, of course, sophisticated and extended. The markings they had, I would guess, are gifts from the Ootsutsuki realm, where Naruto was probably sent. They would not dare to kill Naruto, a much anticipated drama for many. But rendering him powerless and making Boruto the last champion of the Ninja realm, that would send the message. I think the relationship between Kawaki and Boruto will be revealed to resemble that of Sasuke and Naruto, when the former goes rogue at some point. And it certainly is not the final sequence of the story, such a thing could only happen in the middle of it, as, (just like in the renowned Gurren Lagann) the heroes have to launch a counter attack then. Estimations.
What I see in Boruto is ambition, vast and dignified. In fulfilling that ambition, they would not only create a worthy sequel of Naruto, but will provide a more compelling, more complete and grander story as a whole. There could be generations working on Boruto soon. Children who were growing up with the first episodes, helping to create a final draft in a story spanning for as long as this century began. Evidently, the current state is not deserving of advocating. But the speed they are gaining slowly, maybe it will soon be enough to penetrate, pierce the roof of expectations that some met this series with. And when it happens, we will be there to appreciate it.

👀Oi Oi, you're gonna set some guy called @Yasuhito off; just want to know, is this completely addressed to me, 'cause that was kinda long winded. And that's pretty much my perspective on the anime at the moment, I was attempting to explaining what people may feel about this anime since the guy I originally quoted said how "gloomy the fanbase is on Mal" (he said something like that, can't be bothered checking)
Concerning kawaki vs. boruto, I don't know much about it, any info is welcome
But with the boruto wanting to surpass naruto; I already knew that, but the point being made is how the story is being handled. Judging by posts made to date, of each week's episode, there is a lot of dissent for the story -and I've particularly seen how it is being compared to naruto, boruto arcs have not been as compelling and enjoyable as naruto was (something which can't be helped as it is a result of the time this generation is set in)
P.S.
I would like to see a "worthy successor" as well, but for now it isn't there; and I swear that closing paragraph of yours sounds like this was for an assignment you were trying to do your best for. Kudos to you.
tidoesstuffApr 11, 2018 1:26 PM
Apr 11, 2018 1:23 PM
Apr 2016
tambi33 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

In accordance:

👀Oi Oi, you're gonna set some guy called @Yasuhito off; just want to know, is this completely addressed to me, 'cause that was kinda long winded. And that's pretty much my perspective on the anime at the moment, I was attempting to explaining what people may feel about this anime since the guy I originally quoted said how "gloomy the fanbase is on Mal" (he said something like that, can't be bothered checking)

That also was not addressing you per se, it was meant to be read and reflected upon by anyone who found himself interested enough to visit the forums. I just shared insight o the series, elaborating a little bit on the things you mentioned.
Apr 11, 2018 1:32 PM

Jan 2017
@Daniel_Naumov
Thanks for clarifying that, nice one. You didn't have to requote the entire post though... I have a feeling that someone would delete a few posts of mine for being so long 😅😅
tidoesstuffApr 11, 2018 1:37 PM
Apr 11, 2018 2:15 PM
Apr 2018
So basically they’re about to turn the boruto movie into 3-4 episodes, so for the next month it’s going to be a movie broken up into episodes. Great. Can’t wait until we can finally move on from this
Apr 11, 2018 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
That opening scene was really nice, we finally got to see that original character

Looks like the exam is close to starting and we're moving into the movie territory

Lets get the beastly fight scenes from the movie ON CMONNN
Apr 11, 2018 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
Nothing really happened on this episode, except in the beginning with Otsusuki Clan. It was obvious that Naruto were a clone, and as always Boruto is mad with him, such a stubborn boy. Exams are coming with it Sasuke as well.
Apr 11, 2018 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
I was a little lost in the beginning with the two's discussion but then I remembered Naruto fought one back in the last Naruto movie. Surprised to see him return, even if short lived. He might of been the same one Boruto saw a while back too but I didn't remember him til now.

Overall episode was more or less directly from the movie. Haven't seen it in a long time but seems to be all reanimated for the TV series and even revoiced but I could be wrong.
PaulApr 11, 2018 3:39 PM
Apr 11, 2018 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
Overall the episode was alright, cant wait for more Sasuke and im loving the new ED, favourite ED out of all of them at the moment.
Apr 11, 2018 5:07 PM

Aug 2015
Aaah the new ending song is so good! Anyway, it'll be interesting to see Sasuke train Boruto
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 11, 2018 5:29 PM

Jan 2012
I think i'm one of the few people who agree with Boruto's view on Naruto, and that's saying a lot since i've been backing my boy Naruto for years LOL. I can completely understand him not knowing how to be a dad because he never had that experience, that's understandable. However, It's must have felt awful for him to not be able to celebrate his birthday with his family (even more awful to know that they died the day he was born whelp), so the LEAST he could do is not put his own kids through the pain of not having their father present to celebrate their birthdays. It's two out of 365 days, surely he has the time to finish up on work a little early to be a father for a couple hours. What also gets me is that he used a shadow clone.... could he not have gone there himself and used the shadow clone somewhere else?

I know I've watched boruto the movie twice already but watching that birthday scene again just upset me SO MUCH..... Naruto why you breaking your families hearts?

I still loved Hinata's interactions with Sasuke, if looks so awkward lol.. Both Hinata and Sasuke probably have the least amount of development in their relationship in the original Naruto.. when you look back, I don't think they've ever had a lengthy conversation together, so hearing her stutter and him just kinda not giving a damn reminding me of how they were as kids. ^^

Overall standard episode. Tugged on my nostalgia on some parts, made me cringe in others (shitty animation) Since pretty much all of it was things we've already seen except from the first part, there isn't much to say. I'll watch the upcoming episodes just in case they put more scenes not from the movie into them but it expect it will be 95% movie elaboration and 5% new content.
Club Aerosol
Apr 11, 2018 5:36 PM
Mar 2018
I honestly just hope it's a whole new experience
Apr 11, 2018 6:39 PM

May 2015
Poor Himawari, she didn’t deserve that! And Naruto of all people should have known better...
Apr 11, 2018 10:04 PM

Jan 2012
this is the movie but with more details. I liked the movie so there's no way they can mess that up!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 119 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

32 by Chfenj_ »»
May 22, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.