Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
uninstallthegame said:
poortier_boy said:

I don't like Ichigo very much, btw.

man, why are so many people disliking ichigo, she's a nice character, far better than 002

Ryuseishun said:

I'm not gonna be pessimistic as fuck like a handful of the people here in these comments, cause it's better to have these kinds of episodes earlier, imo, than try to dive headlong into the plot without any efficient siegeway or timeframe to insert some helpful world-building or character-building.

they could've gone right away into the plot while showing the background of each character or pair of characters, it's just a matter of how you transition into it. but, well, they chose this path, i don't really mind since it's 25 episodes anyway, there's a lot of space to shape things up

that's why I'm not gonna be pessimistic about it....I would only have a problem if this show was only 12-13 episodes long
Mar 10, 2018 10:46 AM

Feb 2016
Ah, Ichigo, you dumbass, you finally understand now. Megane-kun is the one for you, not Hiro, Hope this stays within your freaking head from now on.

uninstallthegame said:
poortier_boy said:

I don't like Ichigo very much, btw.

man, why are so many people disliking ichigo, she's a nice character, far better than 002

People (Like me) Dislikes Ichigo for being so obsessed with Hiro when she has Megane-kun caring for her 24/7 and for being such a third wheel when it comes to Zero Two. I also dislike Ichigo for being your typical Childhood friend that thinks she has the right for the D just because they were friends earlier. Gladly, this episode redeemed her from falling into that category and finally realized how much Megane-kun cares for her.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 10, 2018 10:47 AM
Mar 2018
I really like how this show has been orchestrating it's world-building. It's obvious by now that Papa is a dictator, and a pretty scary one at that. I can't help but draw parallels to North Korea, with the worship and stuff. But the way the show presents it isn't in the form of some external rebellion group or anything, it's showing it through these kids who don't have any sort of radical thinking going on either. It's showing us how messed up the society is, but never outright says that it's evil. Makes me wonder if the overarching plot will focus on Papa or the Klaxosaurs.
Mar 10, 2018 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
As expected of Trigger, always have happy ending while some of us expected Goro might be dead/dying.
But it's nice to see Ichigo opened her eyes and Goro can express his feeling.
Mar 10, 2018 10:52 AM

Feb 2018
It was actually really good, I enjoyed it. It was the first scene that focuses on actual romance in the anime (not hinted or vague). I just wished Ichigo would say she loves him too so Zero Two can get Hiro all to himself. But i'd rate the episode 8/10 and can't wait to see the next episode and how the romance evolves in the future
Mar 10, 2018 10:53 AM
Oct 2017
both goro and ichigo is the most annoying character in this anime i'm seriously waste my time watching episode 9 hope they die soon cause they are annoying
Mar 10, 2018 10:53 AM
Jan 2018
what do you mean 02 by saying this? "who knows? I would not do it if you were"
Mar 10, 2018 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
HereticHunter said:

uninstallthegame said:

People (Like me) Dislikes Ichigo for being so obsessed with Hiro when she has Megane-kun caring for her 24/7 and for being such a third wheel when it comes to Zero Two. I also dislike Ichigo for being your typical Childhood friend that thinks she has the right for the D just because they were friends earlier. Gladly, this episode redeemed her from falling into that category and finally realized how much Megane-kun cares for her.

ah, i see. well, i find a character appealing when there's a conflict to it, that's why i like ichigo, why i liked hiro more before, when everybody was calling him a cuck. goro has a conflict too, but the stoic part of him is overshadowing it. 002 is hard to figure out yet, nothing much was revealed about her past so far, that's why i don't feel anything towards her
Mar 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Dec 2017
Angel942 said:

she wouldn't jump inside of the klaxosaur, 'cause she wouldn't risk her life for the second pilot
Mar 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2017
I was scared the entire episode for Goro, so glad he survived and got to confess his feelings for Ichigo. Another episode where no one dies is a good episode.
cunnysseur
Mar 10, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
I like this development, better to get this out of the way right now and hopefully the whole Ichigo wanting Hiro is a thing of the past now

Ready for more actual story and world building
Mar 10, 2018 11:10 AM

Jun 2016
I don't get why a lot of people are disappointed with the last episodes, they help developing the relashionships between the main characters and we needed something like that since apart from Hiro and Zero Two, we knew almost nothing about the others.
I must say i'm starting to like Ichigo more, and Goro too. The thing is, i think the reason why people are reacting like this is because the actual main story plot isn't moving foward and well.. i can agree with that, maybe it would have been better if they mixed the actual plot with developing the characters and their relationships but it doesn't make these episodes bad at all. (Episode 7 and 8 even had some actual plot story in them, just not this one.)
And... Miku is still best grill~ ×w×
Mar 10, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2016
uninstallthegame said:
HereticHunter said:

ah, i see. well, i find a character appealing when there's a conflict to it, that's why i like ichigo, why i liked hiro more before, when everybody was calling him a cuck. goro has a conflict too, but the stoic part of him is overshadowing it. 002 is hard to figure out yet, nothing much was revealed about her past so far, that's why i don't feel anything towards her

I know being the leader of the team doesn't mean being perfect. And if she was, somehow, I would hate it. I hate the Mary Sue kind of character. The problem here is Ichigo never acts like she's the leader, she just says she is and this is something she often likes to say. I don't understand why exactly she received this position. She has been so disappointing compared to the other characters, so lame, that I would like if Miku goes there and beat the shit out of her.
Mar 10, 2018 11:23 AM

Feb 2018
AyumiVk said:
I don't get why a lot of people are disappointed with the last episodes, they help developing the relashionships between the main characters and we needed something like that since apart from Hiro and Zero Two, we knew almost nothing about the others.
I must say i'm starting to like Ichigo more, and Goro too. The thing is, i think the reason why people are reacting like this is because the actual main story plot isn't moving foward and well.. i can agree with that, maybe it would have been better if they mixed the actual plot with developing the characters and their relationships but it doesn't make these episodes bad at all. (Episode 7 and 8 even had some actual plot story in them, just not this one.)

I think it's because :

- There are many questions that do not move forward (like you said it)
- The atmosphere and intensity created by episodes 1 to 6 have totally disappeared
- I think impatience also has a role. :P
- The highlight of the animation for some spectators is the character of 002, which is highlighted in a different way.

Sorry if my english is bad.

poortier_boy said:

I know being the leader of the team doesn't mean being perfect. And if she was, somehow, I would hate it. I hate the Mary Sue kind of character. The problem here is Ichigo never acts like she's the leader, she just says she is and this is something she often likes to say. I don't understand why exactly she received this position. She has been so disappointing compared to the other characters, so lame, that I would like if Miku goes there and beat the shit out of her.

Because she's "015".
Mar 10, 2018 11:28 AM
Mar 2009
poortier_boy said:
uninstallthegame said:

If i remember, Ichigo and Goro became the leader of group because they have fewer and smaller number than the others(015 and 056), the real candidate male leader before was Hiro(016) because he is the next number after Ichigo and was a prodigy parasite, but he had failed miserably to test drive Franxx with her partner before ZeroTwo.
FujimiyaMar 10, 2018 11:32 AM
Mar 10, 2018 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Tomlora said:
AyumiVk said:

I think it's because :

- There are many questions that do not move forward (like you said it)
- The atmosphere and intensity created by episodes 1 to 6 have totally disappeared
- I think impatience also has a role. :P
- The highlight of the animation for some spectators is the character of 002, which is highlighted in a different way.

Sorry if my english is bad.

poortier_boy said:

Because she's "015".

Great. She's good piloting, of course she is good leading the team.

Goro could be a much better leader than her.
Mar 10, 2018 11:32 AM

Dec 2016
Fujimiya said:
poortier_boy said:

If i remember, Ichigo and Goro became the leader of group because they have fewer and smaller number than the others(015 and 056), the real chosen male leader before was Hiro(016) because he is the next number after Ichigo, but he was failed miserably to test drive Franxx with her partner before ZeroTwo.

Maybe for this. But I don't think her partner is included in this "leadership".
Mar 10, 2018 11:33 AM

Feb 2018
poortier_boy said:

I agree but she is considered the best of the group.
Goro is only "056".

It should be 002 and Hiro, but no one trusts 002 except Hiro since the beginning and gradually the other children.
Mar 10, 2018 11:38 AM
Mar 2009
poortier_boy said:
Fujimiya said:

If i remember, Ichigo and Goro became the leader of group because they have fewer and smaller number than the others(015 and 056), the real chosen male leader before was Hiro(016) because he is the next number after Ichigo, but he was failed miserably to test drive Franxx with her partner before ZeroTwo.

Maybe for this. But I don't think her partner is included in this "leadership".

For this, I think we must wait for episode of of revelation of what is the true purpose of parasites system and what the heck is PAPA.

Tomlora said:
poortier_boy said:

I agree but she is considered the best of the group.
Goro is only "056".

It should be 002 and Hiro, but no one trusts 002 except Hiro since the beginning and gradually the other children.

02 is "special species", i believe she is not on the parasites norm and nomencelature.
Mar 10, 2018 11:40 AM

Jun 2016
@Tomlora

Thing is, people need to understand that Zero Two is not the only main character, as there are 9 other ones. They are not there to be just background characters, and people who think like that piss me off, i mean if they just want to see her in the screen then they can just seach for her fanarts and whatever they want since this is not Zero Two The Anime.
I do like her a lot, i am just triggered for seeing people acting like this.
Mar 10, 2018 11:54 AM

Feb 2018
AyumiVk said:
@Tomlora

Thing is, people need to understand that Zero Two is not the only main character, as there are 9 other ones. They are not there to be just background characters, and people who think like that piss me off, i mean if they just want to see her in the screen then they can just seach for her fanarts and whatever they want since this is not Zero Two The Anime.
I do like her a lot, i am just triggered for seeing people acting like this.

I agree.

But these people prefer when the anime focuses on one or two characters.
It's their preferences, we can not help them.

For me, the only point that bothers me is the drop in intensity since episode 7 ...
But I hope it comes back soon after an element that will upset everything.

Fujimiya said:

02 is "special species", i believe she is not on the parasites norm and nomencelature.

Hiro is also "special", for a reason we do not know (like Nana, Hachi, APE said, and maybe 002 knows also why)
Mar 10, 2018 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
The action parts are so badly written, it's almost comedy.

No strategy to approach the "bad monster". One just get caught (while the others are watching tv or drinking tea). Of course there's only a "one man evacuation capsule". Makes sense. not. How to save desperate Gobro ? Just swim in and out. Easy! (Not that they could have done it earlier, of course not) And drop a bomb in the same. Easy. At least this time, they didn't went with the "OP 02 going through the monster in 5 seconds" resolution. It's an improvement.

Having said that, they got me with the teen romance confession. Very cheesy but well, I liked it.

Like some says before me, it's probably better to watch this show for the "teen school life" aspect (even though here too, it's sometimes pretty bad) and the world building (when it happens, only with the swimsuit option or the targeted audience won't watch it) than anything else.

I like ... the colors too :)
Mar 10, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2016
uninstallthegame said:
HereticHunter said:

well yeah, I have a thing against Childhood friends, there are very few of them that I managed to like. Some of them are just introduced to slowdown the story and drag things up into unnecessary drama that is meant to make her suffer and make us "feel bad" for her but in the end it backfires (A cliché event for this kind of show is that the girl ends dying because she can't focus due to reasons and her death will probably means that the MC will also lose focus and then fuck up) This time is done well since Ichigo finally understands that Goro cares a lot for her, meaning that she won't get in the way later. If things goes right and she stays with Goro I'll probably lose my dislike against her
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 10, 2018 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
Ok episode about Goro and Ichigo relationship, love triangle is strong. :D
Mar 10, 2018 12:18 PM

Jul 2010
The death flags sure was raised for Goro the whole episode and wow, he actually came out of this alive. Ichigo is starting to feel more like a main character than Zero Two, a lot of stuff recently have been around her.
Mar 10, 2018 12:27 PM
Feb 2018
This was my favorite episode of the series by far. People may complain that the plot hasn't progressed but I care much more about the development of the characters and their relationships. I was hoping that this series wouldn't just be the Hiro and Zero two show and actually take time to develop the other characters, so I am happy that it delivered well so far. I love Goro so damn much. His relatability, concern for his friends, maturity, unselfishness, perceptiveness, and ability to discern and confess his feelings quicker than most MCs make him one of the best characters I've seen in a while. He definitely deserves happiness.
Mar 10, 2018 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
It was a good episode, I liked that Goro developed a bit more as character. I find the whole aspect of them not knowing love very interesting, curious to see how it turns out in later episodes.
I hope the next episode is going to move the main plot forward, though.
Mar 10, 2018 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
While I would have liked more progress with the plot, Goro getting the spotlight in this episode was good. I personally prefer character-driven stories, so the slower pacing is acceptable. Thus far, I see this as a blend of Anohana and EVA, which is fine.

4/5
Mar 10, 2018 12:48 PM
Nov 2016
I was expecting more action, but it's good to see Goro finally getting some spotlight

Now we can focus 100% on Zero Two and Hiro :v
Mar 10, 2018 12:56 PM
Feb 2018
Was hoping to see some more general plot development instead of character specific relationships. Nice wholesome feels coming out from trigger once again, but at this point I'd also like to see some explanations as to the general backstory of the world all of this is taking place in.

Overall a 4/5.
Mar 10, 2018 1:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
FFRRIIEEENNDZOOONNEEEEEEDD. Sorry Goro. You're a true bro.

Well it seems the producers want to extend the drama of Ichigo having the feels for Hiro a bit longer. Because it's pretty clear that it's all 02 for him and nothing else.

As much as I think these teen love/drama episodes are ok, I'd love to have an episode that fleshes out/gives background to this world.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2018 1:04 PM
Jan 2017
Good episode like always 5/5
Mar 10, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2016
Did anyone scream "JUST KISS ALREADY" at the end.....
No? Just me? Ok I'll leave now ;_;
Mar 10, 2018 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
As much as I enjoyed seeing Goro alive and well and the confession and all, part of me was kinda hoping Goro died in this episode, to start the transition into a more dark theme

I still feel like the hamartia point of this show is gonna approach soon
Mar 10, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2018
ferrisdesu said:
I was expecting more action, but it's good to see Goro finally getting some spotlight

Now we can focus 100% on Zero Two and Hiro :v

Not really
The author said "1 episode hightlights 1 couple"
It's missing 2 couples.
Mar 10, 2018 1:18 PM

May 2015
Anyone else waiting for the anime to take a dark turn? It might be great if everyone made it out alive but damn I don't wanna get fooled with the "oh look a happy endi... dead" type of deal.
Mar 10, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2016
In my opinion, this was the worst episode of the show so far. It really felt like a generic A1-Pictures anime episode.
Mar 10, 2018 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Gobro continues to be a shining beam of light
Mar 10, 2018 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
Short_Circut said:
As much as I enjoyed seeing Goro alive and well and the confession and all, part of me was kinda hoping Goro died in this episode, to start the transition into a more dark theme

Same here. Even if I like his character, his death would be a great emotional charge. Just repeating myself.

TrainLucifer said:
Did anyone scream "JUST KISS ALREADY" at the end.....
No? Just me? Ok I'll leave now ;_;

Why not, huh?
Mar 10, 2018 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
Thats a nice flag to the death of Megane kun. Ichigo cannot Love 2 guys at the same time, so if in the end or before of that she "miracle" find out she always liked Goro or be rejected by Hiro and tries to go for Him will be the weirdest Shoujo Trigger ever made.

Hope not see the same kind of development Chidori had in Kiznaiver.

Mar 10, 2018 2:00 PM
Jan 2018
uninstallthegame said:
Angel942 said:

she wouldn't jump inside of the klaxosaur, 'cause she wouldn't risk her life for the second pilot

but saying this does she also mean hiro?
Mar 10, 2018 2:04 PM

Dec 2017
Angel942 said:
uninstallthegame said:

but saying this does she also mean hiro?

the last time i said something about 002 not caring about anyone ((or hiro) or sacrificing her life for anyone), i got jumped on for not being right. so i'll just say - it's up to you to decide
Mar 10, 2018 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah Goro has the earliest death flag, probably in the second half of the show to trigger Ichigo's feelings or something while sacrificing himself. The show is mainly here for the teenage relationship drama, wish they at least explored the lore of klaxosaurs for it's different types or even action sequences executed in a better way, but whatever.
Mar 10, 2018 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
They actually went the entire episode involving a fight scene without pointless fanservice or sexual undertones that make you cringe and look at the quality jump. Fucking finally. Also, I was scared Gobro was gonna be the first to go but glad he got the spotlight this time around.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 10, 2018 2:14 PM

Dec 2016
I guess it's Christmas day there since they all get presents from Papa on that specific day.

I have a book about birds somewhere, got it years ago.

That was very nice of Hiro to give something to Zero Two.

2 impressive pieces of work by Goro, first confessing his love of Ichigo to Hiro & then helping her escape during the battle.

Yes those 2 really make a great team, good thinking there to blow it up from the inside.

I knew Goro would be able to give her the hair clip he made the moment I saw Ichigo lose hers when swimming toward him, he even told her his feeling.

This was a pretty good episode.
Mar 10, 2018 2:19 PM
Sep 2015
What's with all the hate comments? This was one of, if not the best episode yet. I love Gobro's character. The flashback and the scene where he was ready to sacrifice himself were really well done and got me a bit teary eyed. If you're discontent with how the show is handling the theme of teenage relationships, I suggest dropping it. NGE also very heavily relied on this theme, and it's still talked about today and considered a masterpiece by many.
And yes, there WAS worldbuilding and plot development in this episode (mostly the scene where they get gifts), just like every week. It's just really subtle and not "in your face"). Keep in mind this is a 24 episodes show and a lot can happen yet. Most of NGE (to keep the comparison going)'s episodes were monster of the week format until the plot really started moving forward.
Mar 10, 2018 2:29 PM
Nov 2015
Ok so here's a quick theory on how they're gonna write out the next few episodes.

So far for the 2nd arc, they've been doing a "develop & focus on 1 couple per episode with a laid back-ish story" approach with 8 being Miku/Zorome and 9 being Ichigo/Goro. If we carry on with this, then we'll probably get Kokoro/Futoshi next episode, followed by Ikuno/Mitsuru. However, as we've been seeing in previous episodes, these 2 groups may go into a... transitional period, so I think it's going to get a lot more complicated... (*especially when you bring in the Mitsuru/Kokoro thing, as well as Ikuno's sexuality*).

10 and 11 may be an unofficial '2 parter' to link this all together. Other then that, Episode 12 will likely go back to the main plot, and will conclude the 2nd arc; most likely in a "Holy F*&K" sort of way.
Mar 10, 2018 2:31 PM

Dec 2017
raph589 said:
NGE also very heavily relied on this theme, and it's still talked about today and considered a masterpiece by many.
And yes, there WAS worldbuilding and plot development in this episode (mostly the scene where they get gifts), just like every week. It's just really subtle and not "in your face"). Keep in mind this is a 24 episodes show and a lot can happen yet. Most of NGE (to keep the comparison going)'s episodes were monster of the week format until the plot really started moving forward.

please don't compare these two shows, most likely you will get shit from the fanboys over here. i personally don't find much resemblance between them
Mar 10, 2018 2:33 PM
Oct 2017
raph589 said:
What's with all the hate comments? This was one of, if not the best episode yet. I love Gobro's character. The flashback and the scene where he was ready to sacrifice himself were really well done and got me a bit teary eyed. If you're discontent with how the show is handling the theme of teenage relationships, I suggest dropping it. NGE also very heavily relied on this theme, and it's still talked about today and considered a masterpiece by many.
because ichigo is annoying btch and i don't want to see her face again and the voice is annoying too omg why they hire this btch
Mar 10, 2018 2:55 PM
Nov 2017
Those Ichigo/Goro moments aww man. Goro tells Hiro about Ichigo's obvious feelings and Hiro's just like.. idk still wants to pretend like theres nothing there? Ah well.

Seems that they are sticking to klaxosaur abilities for plot devices since theres no rhyme/reason to any of the abilities they have had thus far. Which I don't mind that much really.. But it'd be nice if there was some form of consistency/rule to what a klaxosaur is.

Still quite enjoying this and can't wait for things to get really heated up.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.