Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 4, 2018 6:31 AM

Mar 2016
Found the "Boy vs Girl" moments to be incredibly cringy, just because of how dumb they were, but the ending was decent.
Mar 4, 2018 7:21 AM
Feb 2018
I just realize Zero Two battlesuit is now white.
Mar 4, 2018 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
Zikander said:

02 is white when narrator (ep 1 white screen), hiro is black (when he thinks ep3 / 6 becomes black screen) black diamond now in op
Ying ad yang
Mar 4, 2018 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
This ep was way too stupid. Next... z.z
Mar 4, 2018 9:10 AM
Feb 2018
Angel942 said:
Zikander said:

02 is white when narrator (ep 1 white screen), hiro is black (when he thinks ep3 / 6 becomes black screen) black diamond now in op
Ying ad yang
Weren't her battlesuit in previous episode all red tho?
Mar 4, 2018 9:16 AM

Aug 2015
Cool, but it's still a cliche episode. 24 episodes... I think certain people will die there :v. Great to see the approach of the characters I hope to see some more romance. Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 4, 2018 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
cupc said:
Underwear attack is super effective

Can you un see this? :D
Mar 4, 2018 9:27 AM
Jan 2013
Nicromatic said:
... Those mechas have a huge design flaw... If the acid was actually lethal.... Or even if the klaxosaurs released poisonous gas.....

Dude, just let it go...

I mean, what could you expect from a society that practiced advanced human experimentation and child exploitation? While the all capable adults were sitting their asses in those badass pointy chair wearing a fancy mask, those fodder-kids are sweating blood LOL! I mean, the fact that Yabuki which happened to be dedicating his past lives writing to-love-ru managed to come up with such concept was an awesome venture already....

I mean realism was never the objective...

Though i agree it's dumb....
Mar 4, 2018 9:49 AM
Jan 2018
Zikander said:
Angel942 said:

Ying ad yang
Weren't her battlesuit in previous episode all red tho?

No is a costume her battlesuit is red.. I talking about the opening
Ah ok yes is white, these is a uniform of ape maybe indicate that she fight ape with hiro infact, can indicate the fact that hiro, should not be afraid of his desire and trust her out of love
Angel942Mar 4, 2018 1:12 PM
Mar 4, 2018 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
Well, Miku and Zorome still completely deserve each other...

I feel bad for Futoshi and Ikuno though... Ikuno's stuck in this terrible relationship with Mitsuru where they're just kind of going through the motions even though they don't really seem to care about each other, but it's still going to hurt when Mitsuru abandons her, and Futoshi's a nice guy who really cares for Kokoro, yet it looks like she's going to end up being drawn to bad-boy Mitsuru and practicing the lessons in her book even as he spirals into prescription drug abuse... how sad, and too real O-o
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 4, 2018 10:08 AM

Mar 2010
So, we have conclusive proof now that 002 is not an oni (ogre), but a troll. >_> Kind of impressed that she went the route of cranking up the absurdity level to 11 in order for everyone to realize just how absurd they were being with the whole taping thing.

BIG props to Futoshi. Making a declaration like that takes some serious guts. XD Helps to reinforce that he is the most dedicated to his partner out of the boys too.

Also, that bra Hiro got hit with was too small to hold all of the hopes and dreams that Kokoro carries on her person. Though we will never know for sure whose it was, my money is on the production deciding to use Ichigo's.. for the irony. lol

mat619 said:
isekai said:
welp not much happen just slice of life as they all enter puberty

they will all die sooner or later 02 said damn

Kokoro already read the book of sex lol

can people just stop saying that is a sex book? because it wasn't

that is a book about pregnancy and how to take care babies for new moms. probably it will have a word of "sex" but that's it witouht further explanation what sex actually is or how to do it

Actually, I've read one of those books they give to expectant mothers. ^^ It most certainly DOES have a section on sex since they have to explain that it's quite normal for a pregnant woman to have an increased sex drive and that it's safe to have sex while pregnant and once they're stable after giving birth. IIRC, there were even a few NG and recommended positions for those concerned about putting weight on their stomachs in the one I read.
Mar 4, 2018 10:15 AM

Mar 2010
Yay for someone posting while I'm in the process of posting myself! \o/ orz

MistLiigh said:
Well, Miku and Zorome still completely deserve each other...

I feel bad for Futoshi and Ikuno though... Ikuno's stuck in this terrible relationship with Mitsuru where they're just kind of going through the motions even though they don't really seem to care about each other, but it's still going to hurt when Mitsuru abandons her, and Futoshi's a nice guy who really cares for Kokoro, yet it looks like she's going to end up being drawn to bad-boy Mitsuru and practicing the lessons in her book even as he spirals into prescription drug abuse... how sad, and too real O-o

There've been several hints (including this very episode) that Ikuno may be a lesbian. Since Mitsuru should have a clue about that with the whole piloting thing, it actually could go quite a way to explain his shitty attitude.

If he's still getting the meds, it's because he is being prescribed them. With how controlled their environment is, it would be just shy of impossible for it to become any sort of abuse issue. "Addiction" possibly, IF he has to face taking them for the rest of his life. Even when it is for entirely legitimate reasons, those with chronic pain / long-time use of pain meds all have to eventually come to terms with how they see their own usage.
Mar 4, 2018 10:19 AM
Oct 2016
Hey guys. Does anybody know name of soundtrack from this episode? Was playing during battle at the beginning. Thanks.
Mar 4, 2018 10:22 AM
Dec 2017
A bit too heavy on the fanservice for my tastes but the character development here was solid and I'm looking forward to where these dynamics will lead. Also, love Hiro's "All Women Are Queens" realization
Mar 4, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
Fun episode, though lol I don't get why glasses girl was so upset, neither in this episode nor at the beach did Mitsuru do anything!
Jaywalker.
Mar 4, 2018 10:36 AM

Nov 2012
Why do people describe Mitsuru as a "bad boy", he isn't a delinquent, in fact he might be the least delinquent of all the guys. He's more the pompous type, some say due to an insecurity, either way he isn't the usual type to get that moniker. He hasn't done anything to break the rules
Jaywalker.
Mar 4, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
Beach episode last week, bath episode this week. What's next, hot springs episode next week? Anyways this ep was alright, not much to talk about.
Mar 4, 2018 1:28 PM
Jan 2018
Zikander said:
does anything have to do with the plot? Because I not understend
Mar 4, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2017
I really enjoyed the Zero Two high-jinx in this episode. She must have took lessons from Claire Stanfield with all those acrobatics.
Mar 4, 2018 2:10 PM
Aug 2017
Angel942 said:
Zikander said:

It's part of the plot as as far as her being officially a part of their team goes.
Mar 4, 2018 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
opiktea said:
Nicromatic said:
... Those mechas have a huge design flaw... If the acid was actually lethal.... Or even if the klaxosaurs released poisonous gas.....

Dude, just let it go...

I mean, what could you expect from a society that practiced advanced human experimentation and child exploitation? While the all capable adults were sitting their asses in those badass pointy chair wearing a fancy mask, those fodder-kids are sweating blood LOL! I mean, the fact that Yabuki which happened to be dedicating his past lives writing to-love-ru managed to come up with such concept was an awesome venture already....

I mean realism was never the objective...

Though i agree it's dumb....

Just some clarification, Yabuki Kentarou is only working on the manga he has nothing to do with the anime.
Mar 4, 2018 2:37 PM
Jan 2018
ragdollomega said:
Angel942 said:

It's part of the plot as as far as her being officially a part of their team goes.
ah ok maybe I understand, the uniform is intend that her is special force ape?
Mar 4, 2018 3:16 PM

Feb 2015
I dislike the new ending song but the episode was funny.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Mar 4, 2018 3:20 PM

Dec 2016
This show does a great job of starting most episodes off with playful and fun things, but then it slowly becomes more serious and usually ends on a dark or foggy note. It really makes this show an intriguing watch
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 4, 2018 3:38 PM

Aug 2010
Really liked how this episode concluded. They all formed a stronger bond by the end.
Mar 4, 2018 4:44 PM
Feb 2018
This is fun & logic episode. Even they have to facing life&death battle, they should act according to their ages, not to lose their self n become some edgy twisted revenge-worshipper teenager.
Somehow it gives deeper impression that "Papa/adults" is a bigger a-hole, by treating them more like a machine
Need to check if there's a "tragedy" tag. I hope this is gonna be a happy ending.
Mar 4, 2018 6:01 PM

Jul 2015
EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS UP. PUT YOUR HANDS UP. The power of puberty is strong, uncontrollable, unpredictable, and just pissess everyone off. Also there was something about girls and boys being different and they apologized for stuff, and people died in the past. BUT THE FAN SERVICE THOUGH.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 4, 2018 6:39 PM

Sep 2017
Best episode ever
I love this series even more now
Ooooo.....zero two

ボールルームダンサー
Mar 4, 2018 8:09 PM
Dec 2016
Really interesting episode. Nice anthesis from begining to end showing a difference of a lighthearted start but ultimatley finding deeper and more consequental aspects of their actions as it concluded. Also did a nice job of expanding their world building, hopefully we learn more about past squads soon
Mar 4, 2018 8:23 PM
Jan 2017
overall, fun episode, they managed to handle a lot of heavy concepts in a light-hearted and fun way, completely eliminating what could have been an angsty and boring drama fest of an episode, so I'm glad for that lol. also, this was definitely a turning point for the squad™ as well, so excited to see what happens next. I just hope the overall outcome of this episode actually becomes relevant in the future, id hate for this to have been a waste, only to have them go back to bickering and not connecting as a team

also, calling it now, ikuno is gay af, she's: A) literally touching Ichigo's shoulder and showing concern for her in like every episode so far. B) has been proven to harbor no romantic/sexual connection with her ass of a partner. and C) is totally ok with having the building split between the boys and girls stating "I wouldn't mind if things stayed like this forever" ... and, just a bonus: directly after saying that, 02 licks her neck (lmao) and says "i taste a secret"( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ) anybody else, got they yuri goggles fixed on this shit or am i just talkin outa my ass here XD

anyway, just a theory ¯_(ツ)_/¯ but great episode overall, i freakin love this show

oh, and the end credits where fucking adorable
Mar 4, 2018 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
I am worried about the relationship between Kokoro and Futoshi though...Like I really want them to end up together but I feel like Kokoro has more of an interest in Mitsuru. Maybe that will lead to more development like jealousy and a fight between the boys.

Also I feel bad for Ikuno because while compatible her and Mitsuru do not get along which I find fascinating.

Zero Two licking Ikuno was hilarious though.

DayDream_Dog said:

also, calling it now, ikuno is gay af, she's: A) literally touching Ichigo's shoulder and showing concern for her in like every episode so far. B) has been proven to harbor no romantic/sexual connection with her ass of a partner. and C) is totally ok with having the building split between the boys and girls stating "I wouldn't mind if things stayed like this forever" ... and, just a bonus: directly after saying that, 02 licks her neck (lmao) and says "i taste a secret"( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ) anybody else, got they yuri goggles fixed on this shit or am i just talkin outa my ass here XD

anyway, just a theory ¯_(ツ)_/¯ but great episode overall, i freakin love this show

I agree 100% which will lead to more interesting plot development.
SoraSenpaiMar 4, 2018 8:30 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 4, 2018 9:33 PM
May 2013
uh what the hell was this episode, less teen angst more mecha fights please
Mar 4, 2018 9:56 PM
Jan 2017
SoraSenpai said:
Also I feel bad for Ikuno because while compatible her and Mitsuru do not get along which I find fascinating.

exactly, if anything they should be more than compatible. they both seem very driven, smart, cold/distant; they appear to be nothing less than perfect together. I mean on the outside I can go on and on about their similarities but if my theory about ikuno is correct, things get a whole lot more interesting.

ikuno is smart and driven, putting her own personal feelings aside for the team, she knows that if she slips up, they could all die. whereas Mitsuru is smart and driven for his own personal gain, pushing the feelings of others aside and not caring about the lives lost, as long as he's on top... so in a way, though severely imbalanced, they do work as a team while piloting the franxx. ikuno is selfless and Mitsuru is selfish..

also, they've both kind of been in the background so far, especially ikuno, so i really hope they expand on them in future episodes.. as of this episode, i do feel a shift and maybe a hint at some more ikuno development thanks to kokoro's sudden out of character outburst... that could give ikuno the courage to speak how she's been feeling. also the recent looming idea of death could play a part it her "coming out" as well.. which is scaring me

there is a slight chance im waaaaay over analysing this whole thing, but guess we'll see lol
not_a_dog_woofMar 4, 2018 10:01 PM
Mar 4, 2018 11:14 PM

Apr 2011
Girls vs Boys now. Ah puberty.

02 stealing their clothes while the boys and girls quarrel with a smug face is hilarious. So the closed off rooms in the first floor were once from the previous 13th squad. But why was Miku got afraid when she saw the picture frame? The picture tells that the current teams reminded that their lives are on the line. Will someon die? Dunno, but its possible. While its all fun, it has some character developments.

I wonder, when Kokoro will show that book from the others?
Mar 5, 2018 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
Kokoro will pregnant of Mitsuru child this cause uproar but then Mitsuru killed in battle left pregnant Kokoro with Fatbro however Kokoro then die of childbirth then Fatbro will raise Kokoro x Mitsuru child as his own child.

OmniswordMar 5, 2018 12:27 AM
Mar 5, 2018 1:24 AM
Jun 2017
they just hit PUBERTY!!!! hahahaha... teenage problems between girls and boys!!!And they have this kiddie quarrel scenes and good thing they have able to resolve it.

* as a man, i would also have the same reaction on the first few minutes of todays episode, you cant just ignore it though, and you cant say it to them (instantly) since they will be distracted from what they are doing. (its all about proper timing.)

*that last scene though shows the former Squad 13. in there they have realized how important friendship is.
Mar 5, 2018 1:59 AM

Feb 2016
This episode is so much fun....

Sadly I have to stop watching for a while because of exams
Mar 5, 2018 2:02 AM
Mar 2016
C'mon girls the guys only saw your butts and unshaved pussies , it not like they saw your overall naked glory. man this is all guys butt fansrevice.

I wonder if O2 is wearing any underwear or was she going commando????

Stamen in botany is a male flower's dick.

Pistil in Botany is a female flower's pussy.

So who serves as the Pollen (cum) here?
WhoahohoMar 5, 2018 2:07 AM
Mar 5, 2018 3:30 AM
Aug 2016
So far the best episode. This episode is more true to Trigger goofy style than the early trying to be edgy and dark with fanservice episodes we had earlier
Mar 5, 2018 3:47 AM
Feb 2018
ragdollomega said:
Angel942 said:

I see, so changing her suit from red to white mean she is officialy part of the team now? It looks better IMO.
Mar 5, 2018 4:22 AM
Jul 2015
Based from what we have seen from Futoshi so far, it seems clear that he pretty much loves Kokoro, unlike Mitsuru who doesn't have any romantic feelings for either Ikuno or any girl, so I hope that the story doesn't make Mitsuru NTRs Kokoro from Futoshi.

Mitsuru should be character developed along with his existing partner Ikuno.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Mar 5, 2018 5:10 AM
Feb 2018
Omnisword said:
Kokoro will pregnant of Mitsuru child this cause uproar but then Mitsuru killed in battle left pregnant Kokoro with Fatbro however Kokoro then die of childbirth then Fatbro will raise Kokoro x Mitsuru child as his own child.

Looking for a copper, found a gold instead
Mar 5, 2018 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
The ending song is so beautiful. I really like this show even more after each episode.
Mar 5, 2018 8:59 AM

Oct 2017
Well, apart from the oversexualization here it was still interesting thanks to the talks about the former inhabitants of this building + Zero Two showing a more human/happy side.

This show is not always good but it has an interest, we need to see how this world works.
Mar 5, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
Man... And I was just saying last episode that this show was starting to lighten up on the needless fanservice. Aside from that this was a pretty good episode.
Mar 5, 2018 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was really something and I enjoyed it a lot. We were given some funny, some sweet and some bitter moments and we have seen how they are interacting with each other. I can't wait to see how all of this will resolve. As much as I don't like saying it, I have to - we have 1/3 of the series behind us (already... when?) and I think that things will now be more intense. I just hope it won't turn out in some kind of slaughter, it would be sad to see them perish like the other team. That is just my wish, I'm aware that this anime has "this" kind of vibe, something for sure will go down.
Interesting is also the amount of knowledge Zero Two has and I wonder how much does she know. I'm also wondering what they want to achieve with this "testing" team, what Dr. FRANXX is up to, but to understand this I have to wait some more.
From what I've seen almost everything else was already said about that episode, but I have to say one thing - trolling Zero Two is the best Zero Two and her smug face rules :3
Mar 5, 2018 3:22 PM
Nov 2017
yay anime trope #347 all guys are perverts and women are all angels with 0 sex drive. Honeslty has anyone in Japan ever been in a relationship? Women have just as strong sex drives if not stronger then males from what I've learned...they just do a good job of hiding it
Mar 5, 2018 3:56 PM
Feb 2018

GUYS I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BECOME AN ADULT IN DITF. The very beginning of the show, the very few first seconds, you see a human in red skin as shown in the openings. This person looks like Zero Two except she has white hair. She turns around and there are 10 klaxosaurs behind her. In the opening, there is a row of children with a band around their neck and this woman also has the same band around her neck. My speculation is when you become an adult, you slowly become a klaxosaur. First your hair changes color, your skin changes and your nails get longer. You start to attract other klaxosaurs due to your transformation. Papa and the others fear this transformation so they send all of the adults out of the plantation to fend for themselves. This was the woman in the beginning, a former squad member that began the transformation and was banished. Shes being hunted by all of the klaxosaurs as she turns around. Please leave your opinions.
Mar 5, 2018 3:57 PM

Apr 2016
Thought it's going to be another full-fanservice episode until that change of tone near the end. It was well done IMO, can't say I hate this kind of direction.
Mar 5, 2018 5:31 PM

Oct 2017
Beach ep, now this ep. I don’t think they know where they’re going with this series. Just doing cliche filler episodes. When is the onsen episode? Emo episode with really loud cicadas? Ep where one of the girls turn into a catgirl?
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1501 by Extremo888 »»
Sep 2, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

343 by NB_Links »»
Sep 1, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

50 by jumbosan »»
Jul 30, 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.