Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 17, 2018 9:51 PM

Apr 2010
peroroncin0 said:
Waiting for "Lustful Argonian Maid - The Animation" episode. HEHEHEHEH
Well that would be the next episode!

Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt Real Bad !
Jan 17, 2018 9:59 PM
Jun 2017
Well, I enjoy that they have 2 storylines ongoing, and at the end of this episode that cliffhanger with the Dragon Tusk tribe chief is leaving me biting my nails in anticipation for the next episode XD. Can't wait to see what happens with the lizards' storyline, and I thought this episode was a good intro for it all.
Jan 18, 2018 2:45 AM
Jan 2014
All stories in Overlord is about side characters meeting Ainz and either become acquaintance or die.
At least watching anime is better than reading the novel with lots of info dump and mundane description.
Even so I still read the novel...
Jan 18, 2018 3:46 AM
Nov 2015
Swagernator said:
Yeah, sure why not, give us shitton of unimportant information about some secondary lizardmen clans, only so that MC can come, and be bombastic and save the day ... again ...

uhh save whose day?
Jan 18, 2018 3:57 AM

Apr 2016
PohSeng7 said:
Swagernator said:
Yeah, sure why not, give us shitton of unimportant information about some secondary lizardmen clans, only so that MC can come, and be bombastic and save the day ... again ...

uhh save whose day?

How the hell should i know ?
Jan 18, 2018 4:11 AM
Nov 2015
Swagernator said:
PohSeng7 said:

uhh save whose day?

Hmm thats true i guess
Jan 18, 2018 4:19 AM

Nov 2014
Oppai_Doragon said:
Let's be honest so far overlord II is appalling

I’ll admit that as long as you admit season 1 was actually pretty daft and only had appeal as many of us would like to live out a poorly fleshed out fan fiction on being an Uber powerful character with no consequences.
Jan 18, 2018 4:27 AM

Apr 2008
Choostopher said:
Oppai_Doragon said:
Let's be honest so far overlord II is appalling

I’ll admit that as long as you admit season 1 was actually pretty daft and only had appeal as many of us would like to live out a poorly fleshed out fan fiction on being an Uber powerful character with no consequences.

And both of you completely missed the point of the series. you can go now.
Jan 18, 2018 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
PohSeng7 said:
Swagernator said:

Hmm thats true i guess

He is the classic example of someone that do not even watched the anime to begin with, yet still discuss every episode and rate the show..lel. Never change MAL.
DemonneoJan 18, 2018 5:30 AM
Jan 18, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2010
Crashmatt said:
FlawlezZ said:

yep agree this series is shit. even worse than s1

Begs the question why the fuck your watchi ng it then.

Still could be worse it could be Naturto Shitpudding

ya its definitely not as bad as fag naruto. i wached it becasue I was unable to comprehend how u do such a u turm from mediocre series to really bad. but this shit is dropped now I wont wathc further, thx.
Jan 18, 2018 7:35 AM

Jun 2016
God, this episode was boring. I don't mind episode that focus on non-MC characters, but who the hell cares about these guys?
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jan 18, 2018 8:05 AM
May 2014
To be honest, the real reason Ainz is doing all of this and most of what will follow has been (mostly) cut and I am not sure it's going to be mentioned.

Jan 18, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2013
Akaome_Nanashi said:
It was very bad episode... who cares about lizards and lizards flirts and love.. this episode was trash i had big expectations and I ended up with two trash episodes there is 11 to go i hope there is something happening...

Oh boi you are not going to like this series.

Overlord II will probably adapt the volumes that focus more on a worldbuilding. Which I think is great.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 18, 2018 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
Finally, we learn more about the World Ains lives in than living your typical Isekai OP MC bullshit.

Lizard tribes for the win ! I'm actually pretty excited to see this arc being animated :) This makes the rage from here all the more enjoyable !

Jan 18, 2018 9:56 AM
Oct 2007
Are those Lizards or Dragons? I'm lazy to refer back to episode 1 but my memory remembered Ainz mentioned that those are dragons. There's a chance that the sub is wrong too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2008
luccide said:
Are those Lizards or Dragons? I'm lazy to refer back to episode 1 but my memory remembered Ainz mentioned that those are dragons. There's a chance that the sub is wrong too.
They were always lizardmen. Even the Engrish of the spoken line says Lizardman
Jan 18, 2018 10:06 AM
Oct 2007
Darklight0303 said:
luccide said:

So I went back to episode 1 and took a quick look, 15 mins in; Ainz was saying (according to the subs) - "It's said that either 5 or 7 dragons serve as the nation's councillors". The number seems to add up for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2008
luccide said:
Darklight0303 said:

So I went back to episode 1 and took a quick look, 15 mins in; Ainz was saying (according to the subs) - "It's said that either 5 or 7 dragons serve as the nation's councillors". The number seems to add up for me.

This isn't a nation. It's a TRIBE of Lizardman. As mentioned IN THE LAST EPISODE last season
Jan 18, 2018 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Unlike others, i don't mind an episode dedicated to secondary lizard characters, so long as it develops the story in a meaningful way. But no Momonga at all? This has got to be the first episode yet with no MC appearance at all. That just sucks.
Jan 18, 2018 12:00 PM
Sep 2016
Im not really for or against this episode, if it serves as a good buildup to something then great, but the bad thing is 2 eps gone and nothing has really happens, if its was a 20 eps + season then i wouldnt mind the buildup, id really enjoy it. but 13 eps is so little and when yo u throw in 3, 4 eps of buildup its tiny.

hopefully the buildup is worth it =)
Jan 18, 2018 12:06 PM

Jan 2016
I found this episode to be okay. It's necessary character development for the Lizardmen. I have heard though that the Lizardman arc is said to be likely the most boring of this series, so if you don't like the arc, don't let it draw you off the rest of the series.

Also... necks = breasts?
Jan 18, 2018 1:20 PM

Sep 2014
wakka9ca said:
Comander-07 said:

people are bitching around because this is the worst arc of Overlord, it has been in the LN, it has been in the manga, it will be in the anime. But the anime has the freedom to skip stuff or just adjust the pacing. The lizards are super unimportant, this anime is not about lizards, its about ainz. So the whole lizardman arc is barely a sidestory. And dont come with "slow story progression" they will all die anyway and never return after that because they are side characters. Go watch one of the other billion anime if you want fucking lizards doing generic stuff

1) The next arc is not about Ainz either.
2) The cultural diversity of the setting shown through the lizardmen are extremely important at establishing what type of kingdom Ainz want to build eventually. I view Overlord as a kingdom building series. One important part of that is having a detailed cultural and historical context.
3) There are no "other billion anime" that features lizards. I can only count them with 1 hand.

Even though I like Ainz, he's not really what makes this series great. It's fun to watch him curbstomp his enemies due to them underestimating him and him overestimating them. However, that is not why I read Overlord. I could read any other "generic" power wish-fulfillment fantasy LN out there. There are tons of them.

I like how Overlord at least tries to have monsters and non-human characters presented with more cultural and historical context. It's pretty rare in recent Japanese LNs and more common in older classic fantasy LNs which I sorely miss. The Dwarf Kingdom arc later is also a good example of this.
I just dont think we need Lizard mating for kingdom building. My problem is they get time like they are atleast some semi important side characters. But they are not.

TheDoggoneGirl said:

P.S. One thing that still boggles me is that if everything that is happening in this game is a reality for Momonga already or is he still aware that he's inside the game? A query that still wasn't answered and obviously I ain't reading the source material.

Its more like he was transported to a game like world. Its not actually inside a game (like menus not working and stuff like that). So he knows its surreal, but real for him.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 18, 2018 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
Well that was certainly... underwhelming. Iirc that was the first episode in Overlord without Ainz-sama appearing at all. No Albedo either... I basically only enjoyed watching the short scenes with the Nazarick folks, don't care about the lizardmen at all. Their characters seem quite generic tbh.

And maybe that world building is important and whatnot, but I watch this show mainly for Ainz-sama, so him not appearing in an episode at all is pretty disappointing to me.
Jan 18, 2018 4:14 PM
Dec 2016
I just really hope that by the end of this season we will have a reasoning behind 2 episodes focusing on Lizards
Jan 18, 2018 10:06 PM

Oct 2013
The lizard eps honestly bores me and i dont even give half a damn about their beastiality romance lol. I had my friends to spoil me on what will happen next. So it should be interesting soon.
Jan 19, 2018 12:29 AM
Jul 2015
the story just like the blue AVATAR but with lizard and seems out of topic with whole overlord characters
Jan 19, 2018 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
kamenriderB said:
the story just like the blue AVATAR but with lizard and seems out of topic with whole overlord characters

Except it's not. You're the one who misunderstood one of the core principles of Overlord
Jan 19, 2018 4:39 AM
Jan 2016
Next episode on NG: Lizard people mating season. Who cares about that overlord guy or something lets explore the nature of this digital world full with NPCs.
We don't care about this super overpowered guy in video game setting, we don't want to see him trashing the world with his ultimate godlike abilities...
Jan 19, 2018 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
Akaome_Nanashi said:
Next episode on NG: Lizard people mating season. Who cares about that overlord guy or something lets explore the nature of this digital world full with NPCs.
We don't care about this super overpowered guy in video game setting, we don't want to see him trashing the world with his ultimate godlike abilities...

If you want to watch an overpowered guy in a video game, SAO is right over yonder. go play in the sandbox.
Jan 19, 2018 6:37 AM

Mar 2010
this season HAS BECOME EXACTLY LIKE NARUTO, I loved S1 and rewatched it many times but this really feels like NARUTO.
Jan 19, 2018 6:41 AM

Apr 2008
LF2005 said:
this season HAS BECOME EXACTLY LIKE NARUTO, I loved S1 and rewatched it many times but this really feels like NARUTO.

....now you're just trolling. What part of this is bloody Naruto?
Jan 19, 2018 8:31 AM
Oct 2014
i have a question for those who follow the manga, is this arc filler or something? giving 2 episodes to characters that are going to get 1 shotted feels like wasting time on an allready short ammount of episodes the series has to offer
Jan 19, 2018 8:36 AM

Apr 2008
champu said:
i have a question for those who follow the manga, is this arc filler or something? giving 2 episodes to characters that are going to get 1 shotted feels like wasting time on an allready short ammount of episodes the series has to offer

You do realize you're asking for spoilers right?
Jan 19, 2018 8:37 AM
Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
champu said:

You do realize you're asking for spoilers right?

i actually want to know if it's a filler or part of the manga, not get spoiled what happens
Jan 19, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2010

i actually want to know if it's a filler or part of the manga, not get spoiled what happens[/quote]
it is a filler even if it was in the original source material, this should have being 15 minutes, one episode at most, & not 4 or 5 episodes. yes, i fear it won't end next episode either.
Jan 19, 2018 12:13 PM

Mar 2014
Yes I'm actually fine with watching these lizards flirt
Jan 19, 2018 2:02 PM

Mar 2011
LF2005 said:

it is a filler even if it was in the original source material, this should have being 15 minutes, one episode at most, & not 4 or 5 episodes. yes, i fear it won't end next episode either.

Dude, it's not a filler if the story itself is about the folks from that world being invaded by Ainz and how they react to it. Season 1 was just a prologue. It introduced Momonga, his NPCs, Nazarick, origins and goals. We now know Ainz is losing his humanity due to his class/lore allignment, wants to know everything about the new world (kingdoms, politics, magic, races, powerfull people...etc) and to reinforce his necromancer skills. Attacking innocent tribes of Lizards just to kill and make them high level zombies to power up Nazarick's army is another important stage of his agenda and another proof of his evil intentions. Seeing how the lizards react to it as if they were the protagonists is what sets Overlord apart from other "isekais". Why would anyone want the same stuff all over again? No wonder the industry is saturated with redundancy. Granted, not everyone is obligated to enjoy this lizard arc in particular (although we just had one episode dedicated to it...) but from now on, the new arcs will be like this one and will explore how a particular group or nation deals with Ainz and co.

As a fantasy fan that enjoys seeing medieval politics, wars, guilds, the criativity within the presented races and characters, the magic lore behind the world and the struggles of the people along with their deeds when facing a powerfull foe, Overlord is indeed a rare sight regarding this department. And it saddens me that the anime community just want the same bs all over again with a constant stream of Albedo and loli shenanigans and OP Papa Bones reckting everyone in every single episode. That's not a fantasy show. That's just another otaku harem clone that barely explores the potential of it's world to favor fanservice.

DemonneoJan 20, 2018 7:42 AM
Jan 19, 2018 2:57 PM
Mar 2016
Love the spoil too much about Yandere Princess on ED lol

Maybe this arc sound like Out of topic or Filler
but this is an important building for Overlord Story ahead

this is path of Ainz Ooal Gown Conquerer New World
Start From Small Village
and next rekting a whole Kingdom :v
Jan 19, 2018 5:18 PM

Apr 2017
What the hell was that??!?! Since when did Overlord become a romantic drama about random lizard monsters??!? This episode bored the living shit out of me and I actually had to fast forward during that never-ending scene in the hut...

I have never in my anime watching days been so disappointed by an episode...
Jan 19, 2018 10:03 PM

Jun 2017
NathanusMaximus said:
Darklight0303 said:

At the end of the day his priority has always been Nazarick above all else. This has not changed. He is not out to be loved by everyone in the world. He wants to learn about it and find out if there are others like him brought to this world. For that he needs power and knowledge. Both arcane and military.

Ainz was never truly a hero. he never claimed to be a hero. Momon is just an act created to learn thing from a more down to earth perspective of an adventurer. That and to spread the fame of his legendary deeds. nothing more.

Yeah season 1 didnt give me that impression at all. Just Googled spoilers and yeah Im just gonna stop watching now. Dissappointing.

Filthy Casual. Go watch SAO or the other Isekai clique about Op mc and his Harem
"The cycle of life continues. They will live, they will die"
Jan 20, 2018 7:13 AM
Mar 2012
So who's in the cloud (Cocytus?) ready to fight lizards & why?
This tribe politics was hilarious. I ship them cute lizards. Rororo looks cool, has a naruto vibe.

Jan 20, 2018 7:19 AM

Apr 2008
gophercg said:
So who's in the cloud (Cocytus?) ready to fight lizards & why?
This tribe politics was hilarious. I ship them cute lizards. Rororo looks cool, has a naruto vibe.

The cloud is just a messenger. A herald
Jan 20, 2018 9:57 AM
Jan 2018
I never knew i'd want to know so much yet so little about the lizard people.
Jan 20, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
Wtf did I just watch
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 20, 2018 1:28 PM

Mar 2011
It was an okay buildup episode. I can see why a lot of people were bored by it.
Jan 20, 2018 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
This episode is a big example of Overlord's biggest problem: wasting time on side-characters.
Am I supposed to care? I don't.
Jan 20, 2018 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
BurntJelly said:
This episode is a big example of Overlord's biggest problem: wasting time on side-characters.
Am I supposed to care? I don't.

Only a problem if you're an action junkie. Most of us actually do want to learn more about the world Ainz landed into
Jan 20, 2018 4:52 PM
May 2014
Just watching the first season. God its been a time since i have seen such a good anime<3
Jan 21, 2018 2:00 AM

Jul 2016
i dont like it, i hope this isn't going to be the Lizard arc its boring tbh please focus more on Ainz. i just realized the poster are mostly lizards wtf
Jan 21, 2018 2:05 AM

Apr 2008
KotoriMinami said:
i dont like it, i hope this isn't going to be the Lizard arc its boring tbh please focus more on Ainz. i just realized the poster are mostly lizards wtf

Yet another who completely missed one of the core aspects of Overlord.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.