Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2017 12:00 PM

Nov 2007
First of all – what were the expectations of that episode? Personally I anticipated continuation of the series so far, nothing groundbreaking but something related. There are some things that needs to be explained (especially Chiaki identity as Mono and Nobe).
Instead of continuation we received extra story/OVA/DLC episode as noted by many commentators. Fanservice felt especially wrong.
Overall impression is not satisfying. It feels that 12th episode in not coherent with the whole story.
But it was definitely the idea of episode.
We have to give the episode’s MVP award to Aguri since it was Aguri vs. Gamers.
-_Shiro_- said:
GGs gamers! am gonna miss u <3
Me too! 2nd season?
Sep 29, 2017 12:40 PM
Apr 2016
Crispmj said:
Me too! 2nd season?

maybe some LN readers could say if there is enough LN content fot S2
Sep 29, 2017 12:53 PM

Mar 2013
Sure I enjoyed the talk about gaming (which they should of done along time ago), but when I'm trying to read subtitles and all I see is naked girls chest and lower halves, its not gonna cut it >_> ugh
They should of marked this ep as an OVA.
Sep 29, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2015
Hmmm, as some have pointed out, it may have been better for the overall series flow to have episode 11 and 12 swapped places. Episode 11 would have indeed given the show a satisfying conclusion. While having this episode AFTER that, just muddies everything.
Sep 29, 2017 1:27 PM
Sep 2015
I just wanna say at 1:11 there are 3 guys sitting on butt chairs, that this is a reference from the hit Hindi movie "3 Idiots". I never ever thought theyd make a reference like that or the fact that i caught it
Sep 29, 2017 1:42 PM

May 2015
What a waste of time. I don't even remember what happened in episode 11 lol.
Sep 29, 2017 3:48 PM
Jul 2016
Going straight to my MAL top 10
Loved it :3
Sep 29, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2008
Episode 11 was the real ending for me, this felt more like an OVA. That aside, it was a nice run, I hope they make another season.
Sep 29, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
very oddly placed last episode, especially since its the last one of the series (for now). i dont think ive seen a fan service episode for the last one, maybe ever i cant remember.

Overall the show was pretty good, i think the misunderstandings was maybe a little overdone, but still funny.

Wouldnt mind a second season at all

8/10
Sep 29, 2017 8:01 PM

Aug 2016
This episode is really sh..., I literally got bored from beginning to end, I think the anime should end in episode number 11.
Fanservice in each scene, I watch 10 minutes of nonsense scripts and captures of the bodies of the girls for what?

The end of a passable anime, without glory or pain, leaving a bad taste in the mouth during this last episode, goodbye Gamers! I will not remember or forget you, I enjoyed sometimes watching this work but it didn't generate anything important in me.

Bad Episode.
2/5
Sep 29, 2017 9:13 PM

Jul 2017
All that talk protecting "why games are expensive".. that is just bs. I mean, every gamer knows that games don't worth all that money. Games are hella expensive dude, no arguments on that. Even if you love the game, you buy cuz you WANT it. Is not a matter of how much and why it costs. I mean, just because you're willing to pay the price doesn't mean the value is right, you're just willing to do so, nothing more.
Sep 29, 2017 9:29 PM

Oct 2016
1st page, no one talked about that train game?

That was Momotaro Dentetsu! I really want to play that game. Sadly it isn't localized to English. Nor a fan made translation. Well, the train stations are only the ones in japan.
Sep 30, 2017 12:19 AM

Aug 2017
Man, what a meta anticlimactic episode. It's not bad though, just anticlimactic, and I feel it's fit perfectly after the conclusion in episode 11. This remind me of Amagi Brilliant Park.

This episode started with mob character #1 and his nonsensical backstory. It certainly amusing but not really spectacular. I love how he's portrayed as a muscular man and end up with a high school body. Btw, is this scene references to something? I have a vibe it is.

Aguri really savage this episode. That criticism is mostly valid and reasonable. But I think it's a bit weird when they change the question in the end.

Lots of references in one scenes. I love that Ika Musume one. :D

The Fanservice is pretty fair, IMO. It's not like they forced to create some idiotic situation to pander the audience. A bit distracting because they talk about something that has a point when this happens.

One journey end, really funny but a bit painful.
I'm satisfied. A good anime but not for everyone. This episode 4/5. Anime 6/10.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 30, 2017 1:28 AM

May 2017
AGURI, YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND OUR LOVE !!!
Sep 30, 2017 1:30 AM
Sep 2014
simply not good enough 5/10
too many drama, anmation quality was really up and down (mostly down).
Sep 30, 2017 1:47 AM

May 2016
A really bad end...if this episode was put as being episode 5 nobody would realize the chronological difference ... since it had nothing worthy of an end..

I want a truth end, I want a kiss.. just it.
『  』
Sep 30, 2017 3:46 AM

Aug 2016
Hard truth cut both ways.

As gamer it was pretty devastating to listen Aguri 20 minutes rant about game industry and wastefullness of gaming. Its better to not thing about it.

Guess I had to watch episode 11 again to feel the ending episode. This DLC episode wasn't much, but anime about social awkward gamers was fun as hell. Hope it will have season 2. Iam rooting for Chiaki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2017 3:49 AM

Jan 2017
Episode 11 is true ending
Episode 12 = DLC
Sep 30, 2017 3:51 AM
Apr 2017
I know someone already mentioned an Ika Musume reference but coincidentally enough Tendou's seiyuu and Ika's seiyuu happen to be the same person. Just like to point out that's all.

As for the EP, yeah it felt like more of an DLC EP than a main EP. Overall I like the anime despite the misunderstandings, etc.

If only there was an 9.5 score then I would give it but since MAL doesn't have a .5 system, then I'll settle it with an 9 or possibly a 10.
Sep 30, 2017 7:50 AM

Mar 2013
Uh what a finale XD
Too many references this time around.

Never thought the anime would come back to its own title in the finale with all the criticism and debate over playing games XD

Ano-ano, eto-eto, desu-desu grill was cute tho <3
Also, somehow I love the subtle detail when Chiaki is shown in the state of confusion during the OP. It suits her best XD

Overall it was a fun watch. Sure the misunderstanding were infuriating but dem exaggerated reactions made all the worth watching it imo, haha.

7/10
Sep 30, 2017 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
finale with a lot of good screen cap potential with the game talk
Sep 30, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2017
What game was elders hunt referencing?

img free
Sep 30, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2014
Jkickit said:
finale with a lot of good screen cap potential with the game talk

The hell is "bandwagoning"? Is this supposed to be a verb? lol
Sep 30, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
Aaah 10/10 but that ending was terrible. Needs an S2. Hope I'll get to watch it!!
Sep 30, 2017 3:30 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was the best of all the episodes in the anime. I wanted to see more of Amano and Tendou, not Aguri and Amano-kun. I don't need second season of this anime I had enough.
『Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活』  Luv Re;zero   

Sep 30, 2017 5:58 PM
Nov 2013
Wasn't expecting much of this anime, but I had to admit, it really kept me entertained, and it made me laugh a lot. As a gamer myself, I especially loved this episode, there is so much truth in Aguri's criticism, I really like her, I would definetly watch a S2.
Sep 30, 2017 7:00 PM
May 2017
Wtf was that episode? I was expecting some explanations, conclusions, Chiaki finally telling truth about mono-san (holy shit that was one of main themes whole series), instead we got some fkin too-much-fan-service with too much talking

yeah i'm pissed of cuz it was supposed to be TWELVE episodes not ELEVEN + Ova

2/5 for this ep and 6/10 whole series
Sep 30, 2017 8:56 PM

Jan 2014
I was initially turned off with this anime because it was another one of those shows where the male mc is voice by a female but I kept watching. It was a nice show with lots of funny scenes and although cliche the show is enjoyable. I just wished every anime show would just skip the infamous we are at the beach episode.

8/10 The last few episodes were not as interesting and funny
Recommend me an anime
Sep 30, 2017 8:57 PM

Sep 2013
Really felt like an OVA. Let's just pretend the ending was last episode! :)

Surprisingly laughed a bit at the Missumi pre-op scene. Didn't really laugh during the rest of the episode though :'(
Sep 30, 2017 9:39 PM

Jul 2015
Not sure what that beginning bit was but whatever, was pretty great anyway.

They spent a lot of time arguing about what makes games good and all that but it's really not that hard to explain, but the explanation for DLC was fantastic and accurate as hell... Unfortunately... Aguri was spot on in the end... very... very... unfortunate...

And yeah, were probably all super deviant masochists on the inside.

Also, I personally prefer people turning into Nekos but I GUESS fish people are okay too... as long as they still cute... my standards are low...

Also Also, what the HELL WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A GAME 5 PLAYERS SPECIFICALLY? Unless it does something like Mario Party 10 with the Bowser mode, aside from that this is UNACCEPTABLE.

ANYWAY Series is over now, last weeks episode was the real finale and this was essentially just DLC in itself, and some pretty darn great DLC at that. This anime was great. 9/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 30, 2017 11:47 PM
Dec 2013
so like, nothing happened. bummer.
Oct 1, 2017 2:58 AM

Jun 2017
Basically, they did the same thing as Amaburi (Amagi Brilliant Park). I agree that the ending (ep11) to the series is somewhat underwhelming, and ep 12 is just fanservice.

Honestly though, I've been really surprised by the mediocre to bad reception this series got here. I thought it was one of the best titles this year, and the most memorable RomCom since Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun.

The misunderstandings were the core of the enjoyment and it wouldn't have been so amazing without them.

Will get the light novel for sure!
Oct 1, 2017 3:41 AM
Jun 2017
I must agree with the others, this episode was maybe an "extra", the real ending vas the ep. 11. This extra one was a little boring, I expected a little more.

In total, "Gamers!" was not bad, but nothing special.

"Stage clear?" <--- I feel that season 2 will come.
"A childish appearance is much better than a childish behavior." ~ Sasamiya Saya (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Oct 1, 2017 4:48 AM

Oct 2008
talk about DLC's...it's like freemium! you pay real money for more + in-game!
LOL Terra Formars reference!
so that's it? only 12 episodes? not even a hint of any continuation?!?!?
4/5.
7/10.

Oct 1, 2017 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Jkickit said:
What game was elders hunt referencing?
rikuhod said:
"Elders Hunt" what is it a parody of??
That's what I want to figure out

Razzee said:
The hell is "bandwagoning"? Is this supposed to be a verb? lol
It basically means following the herd
Oct 1, 2017 12:34 PM

Sep 2010
Meh, mediocre at best.
Oct 1, 2017 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
Ok final episode. It definitely felt more like an OVA than a last episode.

So much gaming discussions! I felt like agreeing with Aguri more than anyone else. I don't really care about DLCs either and I agree that games are too expensive!

Dat fanservice tho!

I'm going to miss this show!
Oct 1, 2017 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
The problem I have with this series is that it's kind of a fraud.

Ignoring the fan service which was completely unnecessary, ep. 12 actually came closest than any other episode to the title of the series. Because bor the most part, Gamers! has been about the ever-prolonged misunderstanding-laden love comedy between the two couples with Chiaki as the x factor. Whether they're gamers or not figured barely into the series--they could've been stargazers or basketball players and the story would've been exactly the same. This would've been fine if there was at least some depth to the love comedy, but no, it's just been a straight up somewhat unfounded misunderstanding. From Karen and Tasuku's perspective at least it made some sense: they thought Keita and Aguri looked more like a fitting couple so they needed confirmation from Keita and Aguri. Keita and Aguri on the other hand (admittedly the more airheaded bunch) actively believed that they were a front for Karen and Tasuku's secret relationship. Why? How? And why couldn't this have been resolved through a simple conversation?

Thing is the series became really hollow by the time it became apparent that all events were intended to exacerbate or at least drag on the misunderstanding, unnatural or not. I think I would've liked this series if it was kept to a short length, but an entire season of circling the same wagon for a simple conversation to take place? I might still try a second season but I wouldn't hold my breath for it either.
Oct 1, 2017 10:48 PM

Mar 2009
All that costume DLC talk reminded me of Dead or Alive's model, or recently Street Fighter V. Swimsuits sell, and fighting games, especially, love throwing them at their audience.
Oct 2, 2017 4:38 AM
Sep 2017
The last episode was great but, in that episode, they were just trying hard to convince Aguri about games and a few scenes of fanservice XD

you enjoyed that part didn't you? :3
Oct 2, 2017 6:07 AM

Jul 2010
Loved the series till Episode 7, Episodes 8-9 were strictly OK. The last 3 episodes were just boring to the point where I was watching them at 4x speed.

6/10

Worth a watch only if you're out of must watch Rom-Com Anime.
Oct 2, 2017 7:57 AM
Mar 2017
What a shitty episode. And you could shut down the "games are expensive" thing right away by comparing the price divided by time with other entertainment. It ends up very cheap most of the time.
Oct 2, 2017 7:59 AM
Mar 2017
Seigen said:
I feel kinda bad for Chiaki. What she said at the end was cute tho.
You mean "good night"? Thats the last thing 3 out of 4 said. Better quote it.
Oct 2, 2017 10:51 AM
Jun 2015
Smudy said:
Odd way to the end the series, this could have served really well in the middle of the series but not in the finale.

Fun series, nothing memorable though.

Same here i also thought the last episode was going to be fun
But i was really disappointed
I feel sad that this was the last episode 😑😑
Oct 2, 2017 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was okay, but as a finale, not so much. Felt more like an OVA then a finale. Overall, it was a pretty fun ride! Had a lot of good laughs and I wasn't too disappointed with the romance (Amano x Tendou FTW). Not too sure if I'll pick up the source material, but all I know is that this anime definitely needs a second season (although highly unlikely).

Hm, after the finale, I was thinking of dropping my score to a 7/10, but I won't let this finale ruin my overall impressions on the entire story so I'll leave this with a 8/10. Gonna miss this anime for sure.

caught in the wonder
Oct 2, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
Well, apart from the fanservice and the meta-ness of the DLC talk and stuff, I didn't really like this episode. Talking about the problems of games wasn't that interesting to me, but at least there were a couple jokes along the way to keep my interest. Shame the ending didn't solve anything though :(

Overall this was definitely not what I expected when I came into the show, but I think it started dropping off towards the last couple of episodes. I loved all the characters and the misunderstandings were hilariously fun to watch, but I felt it didn't know what it wanted to do towards the end. Also, I really think the art could have been a lot better >_< Music was OK, didn't really notice it that much. It was enjoyable to watch at least though, so a solid 7/10 from me :)
Oct 2, 2017 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
mfw I realise how many great games are all about the suffering.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

179 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.