Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2017 5:50 PM

Jun 2016
I've been reading comments from people who give it a 10/10 and i can say the majority of them is trolling (as expected). Those people must think it is only supposed to be something funny or they just want to annoy/trigger others.
Well then, i am annoyed because there are a LOT of other animes better than this(i understand there are different opinions ofc but this does not apply here since there are plenty of trolls), and yes i have seen more than half of the first episode so don't come say i didn't even watch it or that i don't have good taste because everyone likes what they want.
To be honest i don't even know why i am doing this topic because i will certainly be attacked by childish people but gosh.. i admit it would be funny if this was just for a day or so but it seems it will continue for a while and seeing Pingu in the City everytime i open MAL makes me remember all of this too.
I had to get it out of my chest, thank you.

(this is the first time i ever give a 1/10 because i wanted to lower an anime's score, i am even feeling bad right now but well giving it a 10/10 bc trolling it's as bad as this) Also i am a serious person and i can't find this funny at all even i want or try, don't come and say i am the one being childish or that if i don't like it then i have to ignore because it's almost impossible.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2017 5:52 PM

Sep 2017
The spam will be all over soon...
God help us all...
Oct 8, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
Ignoring it would've made you seem less pathetic.
Oct 8, 2017 6:07 PM

Jun 2016
Nicholaevich said:

the people trolling are even more pathetic.
Oct 8, 2017 6:08 PM

Oct 2014
Just ignore it or grab popcorn.

If you led the trolls know that their jokes won't affect you then they will stop just like bullies who stop bullying after you have shown your guts.
Oct 8, 2017 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
AyumiVk said:
Nicholaevich said:

Yeah I don't think anything beats announcing you're giving a 1/10 because you saw one too many penguins.
Oct 8, 2017 6:10 PM

Jun 2016
Nicholaevich said:
AyumiVk said:

Yeah I don't think anything beats announcing you're giving a 1/10 because you saw one too many penguins.

Are you seeing the same thing as me? Lots of people are saying they gave a 10/10 and that this anime is a masterpiece, are you saying i cant say i gave it a 1/10? oh, please.
Oct 8, 2017 6:13 PM
Nov 2015
no u cant do that or else ur doing literally the exact same thing and have no right to complain
Oct 8, 2017 6:16 PM

Apr 2016
Maybe you should actually watch it and see how much of a masterpiece it really.

This show is on another level with the plot twists and backstory connections it is actually mind blowing how they pulled it off.
Oct 8, 2017 6:17 PM

Jul 2017
Honestly I don't get them either I usually like trolling but this is just annoying now. It's a dead meme.

Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Oct 8, 2017 6:24 PM
Feb 2017
i don't see the problem behind it.

Gintama fans always does the same and the staff doesn't give a fuck about it.
Oct 8, 2017 6:37 PM

Jun 2016
TENSHl said:
no u cant do that or else ur doing literally the exact same thing and have no right to complain

Sorry but i am not doing the same thing, i rated it a 1 just for now, when everything gets normal again i'll change it to a 4 or 5, whatever. And i am not being a troll, i am being serious~
Oct 8, 2017 6:37 PM
Jun 2009
Normally i don't comment but today, when I did the log in, i see all this situation with pingu.

What i don't understand, leaving aside the situation with both sides of trolls, is this?

You don't like the fact that some people give troll votes and then you do exactly the same thing they do.

Seriously, to me, all this situation seems so childish.
Oct 8, 2017 6:39 PM

Apr 2015
But...why didn't you finish the first episode? It's seven fucking minutes.

Also you gave SAO a 7 and you're seriously trying to tell me Pingu deserves a 1? Pretty sure you're the troll.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 8, 2017 6:44 PM

Aug 2016
So because you deem Pingu not worthy of a top anime spot, you want to sabotage with a 1 rating?

Why do you care so much about the top anime ranking? Gintama being listed like 4 times isn't enough for you to realize that the top anime list is a joke and doesn't mean anything?
Oct 8, 2017 6:50 PM

Apr 2016
JFuji said:
So because you deem Pingu not worthy of a top anime spot, you want to sabotage with a 1 rating?

Why do you care so much about the top anime ranking? Gintama being listed like 4 times isn't enough for you to realize that the top anime list is a joke and doesn't mean anything?

He is salty because he knows deep down that Pingu is a work of art well Gintama have been doing the same unoriginal thing for years now.
Oct 8, 2017 6:52 PM
Nov 2015
i don't have that big of a problem with all the gintama stuff like sure i dont really think it deserves to be THAT high but heck its better than kimi no na wa
Oct 8, 2017 6:59 PM

Jun 2016
You are the one being childish and if you don't like it then you have to ignore it for now.

I'm not even joking. If you suspect there's trolling afoot and don't like it why are you feeding those same trolls? Many of the people involved are contributing specifically to point out the inherently flawed nature of a voting system that only requires you to check a box. It's meaningless and proves nothing, and it only took 600 voters and their influence to prove that. Everyone's opinion differs and no one uses the same rating system under the same perspective. What do the numbers mean when they mean something different to everyone who submitted one? They don't mean anything remotely concrete. That is a primary source of anime's subjectivity.

Don't fall victim to emotional manipulation. If your opinion on the issue means that much to you, writing a constructive review highlighting your honest thoughts backed by reasoning will influence things in the direction you desire far more than pouting and submitting a number that may or may not represent your actual thoughts in the name of "balance". This will be far more effective when this season is over and can be reviewed in full, hence the need to wait for the best possible result.

This is becoming a meme and may never fully die down, but that doesn't mean that honest discussions and true community opinions are impossible. Just realize that these things have far more value than a single number between 1 and 10 will ever hold.
Oct 8, 2017 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Give it a low score and move on. Make it just a tiny bit harder for them to have their fun.

Take your satisfaction from that. The rest doesn't really mean shit. And this thread will only empower them.
Oct 8, 2017 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
OP is salty, i love this happening
Oct 8, 2017 7:04 PM

Feb 2013
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Give it a low score and move on. Make it just a tiny bit harder for them to have their fun.

Take your satisfaction from that. The rest doesn't really mean shit. And this thread will only empower them.

"NOT FUN ALLOWED"

wow, such elitst here :^)
Oct 8, 2017 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
WeabooTV said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

"NOT FUN ALLOWED"

Look, you're not gonna drag me into this.

You want to see Pingu at the top. I don't. We'll both do whatever we want to do, and that's the end of it.

If you're trying to get me to shed a fucking tear over this , or whatever, you're gonna have to dig deeper.
Oct 8, 2017 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
WeabooTV said:

"NOT FUN ALLOWED"

You want to see Pingu at the top. I don't. We'll both do whatever we want to do, and that's the end of it.

If you're trying to get me to shed a fucking tear over this , or whatever, you're gonna have to dig deeper.

>Caring about who get the 1st place
>Implying a english site on the internet have seriously and objetcive ratings over all anime industry
>Defending via putting a 1/10 to a nostalgic and well created kid show

heh

Oct 8, 2017 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
@WeabooTV

Does it make you mad that I gave it a 2/10? If so, please share.
Oct 8, 2017 7:13 PM
Aug 2015
I can ignore the score.. yeah, it's up to them what score they wanted to give, and giving this a 1 is not a good solution either.. But i'm tired with those troll reviews and misleading recommendations. Seriously, i feel bad for the admin.. they have to clean the page everyday from those reviews & recommendations because of these trolls.
Oct 8, 2017 7:13 PM

Apr 2016
WeabooTV said:
OP is salty, i love this happening

Am not salty :3 why no so mean for
Oct 8, 2017 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
NothingReally said:
The ratings were always a joke. I feel just like you do whenever I see something like Hunter x Hunter, Clannad, Haikyuu, Code Geass, Your Lie in April, Boku no Hero, One Punch Man, Fate/Zero, Assassination Classroom, and more in the top 50. But I don't really care to get butthurt about it because I already know the ratings are silly, and that's the way things are. They're not something to get razzled about.

Fucking this, come on, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is with rates below 8, and is more deep than tons of shows with rates up to 8 or fucking 9. Caring about a rate more than enjoying the show is pathetic, it show that you aren't getting fun at all with the media, how pity tbh.
Oct 8, 2017 7:15 PM

Apr 2016
WeabooTV said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

>Implying a english site on the internet have seriously and objetcive ratings over all anime industry

heh

He has Gintama in his fav list, so you are arguing with a child right now, be nice to him and no hurt his feelings.
Oct 8, 2017 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
@WeabooTV

Does it make you mad that I gave it a 2/10? If so, please share.

Being here defending your position about the rates is your downfall my friend.

I remember when Madoka Magica was for me the best thing ever created, good old days from my 15's
Oct 8, 2017 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
OP said:
WeabooTV said:

heh

He has Gintama in his fav list, so you are arguing with a child right now, be nice to him and no hurt his feelings.

Yeah, also has Hideaki Anno at his favourite meme humans in the industry, becuase people like Seiji Kishi, or i don't know, Tatsuki doesn't exist at all. True elitist :^)
Oct 8, 2017 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
@WeabooTV

Oh no. Some random guy on MAL doesn't like the same things I do.

Is this the part where I get all flustered and rush out to defend Madoka? Tell me again why I should give a fuck.
Oct 8, 2017 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
@WeabooTV

Is this the part where I get all flustered and rush out to defend Madoka? Tell me again why I should give a fuck.

Because you're posting here
Oct 8, 2017 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
WeabooTV said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
@WeabooTV

I'm posting here to let the OP know what not to do. Not that he cares, but I did it anyway, because I felt like it.

You're the one who saw the need to wave your little prick around, with that "elitst" bait. But I'm a little big for such small bait.

You got anything else to try and get a proper reaction out of me?
I'm bored.
Oct 8, 2017 7:27 PM

Aug 2016
It's just proven science at this point.

There is just one immature fanbase that is obsessed with the top anime list. The fanbase that will sabotage other anime and boost their own. Who are they you might ask? Gintama fans every single time
Oct 8, 2017 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
"You are not allowed to have fun"

man OP you're salty AF
Oct 8, 2017 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
WeabooTV said:

I'm posting here to let the OP know what not to do. Not that he cares, but I did it anyway, because I felt like it.

You're the one who saw the need to wave your little prick around, with that "elitst" bait. But I'm a little big for such small bait.

You got anything else to try and get a proper reaction out of me?
I'm bored.

Being a moralfag is free m8
Oct 8, 2017 7:49 PM

Mar 2013
You have Eren Jeager in your profile pic, your opinion may have counted otherwise.
Oct 8, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2017
I would rather have pingu in the top 10 rather than having aot in it

And stop being so serious and triggered lmao
Oct 8, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2017
LonelyLittleStar said:
Pingu isn't even an anime, it is just some kids show that everyone memes about >:/

Honestly, this is too annoying and I hoped they would take Pingu down from mal.
It doesn't really make any sense to have it on here in the first place. just because it is made by Japanese doesn't mean it can make its way onto mal.

If mal is adding Pingu they should add live action anime and more appropriate shows that are closer to anime than some kids show meme.

I personally don't like this show that much, as do I not really like any other baby show, I think it is ridiculous.
this season of pingu was made in japan by a Japanese studio so it is an anime
I don't understand what is so hard to understand about that.
Oct 8, 2017 8:35 PM

Jun 2016
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

I see that you're clearly just trying to help the OP, but this is honestly poor advice. Giving it an arbitrary low score isn't making it any harder for trolls to have fun. It is their fun. Those with emotionally provocative intent (i.e. the ones who aren't giving a 10/10 to make a point of the rating system's flawed state, or just because they like Pingu or memes) simply seek a reaction from others. Each of the 500 or so people who have downvoted this in "retaliation" is someone they're laughing at. It confirms that people got salty because of the 10/10 they gave. If there wasn't a dedicated and obvious group of downvoters right now those sorts would have already left, and the meme would be weaker in turn.
Oct 8, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2017
I kinda feel you bro, I always never liked or cared for troll reviews, they've never helped anyone.
Oct 8, 2017 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
AyumiVk said:
Nicholaevich said:

Are you seeing the same thing as me? Lots of people are saying they gave a 10/10 and that this anime is a masterpiece, are you saying i cant say i gave it a 1/10? oh, please.

Actually I'm saying you're a pathetic loser who gets mad a group of people bumping a beloved children's show to the top of the MAL rankings for shits and gigs who then goes out of his way to tell the world he gave it a 1/10 because he's so gosh darn upset about nothing.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you were a forum mod with the way you handle harmless jokes.
Oct 8, 2017 8:57 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I suggest you honestly watch it yourself before rating it a 1. Even though it may not be an anime that deserves to be in the top 20, it does deserve to be watched before judging and scoring (just like other anime).

If you do watch it, give it an honest review and back up your arguments. I'd be more willing to vote 'helpful' for those.
Oct 8, 2017 9:00 PM

Jun 2012
Lowkey though, this anime arguably has the least flaws of anything. I mean what would you change within the parameters of the show? Nothing imo. Stuff like AoT has a laundry list of things you could improve, hence why Pingu is justifiably higher rated despite 1/10 trolls and their intense thirst for Hatorade.

But of course this is just my subjective opinion, it's not any more or less valid than OPs.
Oct 8, 2017 9:10 PM

Feb 2016
It's so funny to see the weebs triggered cuz their precious overrated garbage is getting overshadowed by Motherfucking Pingu.
I am the bone of my sword.
My blood is Iron, and my heart is glass.
I have overcome countless battlefields.
Unaware of beginning,
Nor aware of the end.
The orphan is alone again, Striking diamond dust on a hill of swords.
Yet, my flame never ends.
My whole body was still "Unlimited Blade Works".

-Emiya Shirou
Oct 8, 2017 9:32 PM
Aug 2015
scroncher said:
getting mad at people for rating pingu high or posting misleading reviews is utterly pointless, I'm certain there are accounts on this site that rate everything either 1/10 or 10/10. Joke reviews are exactly that, jokes, lighten up for goodness sake. Scores are meaningless, Rail Wars! has 6.45 that show is terrible.
Some of the reviews are fun, tbh i had a laugh too when reading them. But most of them are just unreasonable spam. I remember one of them gets their profile deleted permanently because they wrote this shit (i know i've already posted it in other thread, but i will post it again to make you understand what type of reviews i was talking about):
Oct 8, 2017 9:37 PM
Jul 2017
OP, i'm sorry if anyone has insulted you, but surely you can just ignore pingu and it would make no difference to you.
Oct 8, 2017 9:45 PM

May 2014
D0T_XD said:
It's so funny to see the weebs triggered cuz their precious overrated garbage is getting overshadowed by Motherfucking Pingu.

I second this as well XD
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 8, 2017 9:55 PM

Sep 2014
Heaven forbid people not rating shows seriously! Shame on them! MAL is a site for critics only, only the most serious reviews are allowed! I am once again disappointed in the anime community!
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Oct 8, 2017 10:00 PM

Apr 2017
Down with the olgiarchy, revolutioooon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LuceoEtzio - Oct 6, 2017

97 by MyWeebCringeList »»
Aug 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 11 Discussion

lanblade - Dec 15, 2017

14 by Goo-mah »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 24 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

10 by Frezlaj »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 26 Discussion

BoosterGold - Mar 30, 2018

25 by PenisButtFart »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 25 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

13 by CQLLIST »»
May 24, 2022 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.