Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 130 131 [132] 133 134 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2008
Phlippy said:
Tankjan said:
Looking for a rec. for #59.

I have no additional restrictions, tho I'd opt for something short [up to 12 episodes]. Also, no ecchi, or horror, please!

My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tankjan

Thanks! :)

91 Days
Aku no Hana
Boku no Hero Academia
Flip Flappers
Kill La Kill
Kiznaiver
Mob Psycho 100
Re:Zero

Hope there's something for ya c:
TheRebeloftheReb said:
Tankjan said:
Looking for a rec. for #59.

I have no additional restrictions, tho I'd opt for something short [up to 12 episodes]. Also, no ecchi, or horror, please!

My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tankjan

Thanks! :)

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Mob Psycho 100
One Punch Man
Tokyo Ghoul

Found all of these to be enjoyable. Good luck!

Thank you both! Gonna pick the shared element and go for Mob Psycho 100.
-
Sep 22, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
can somebody give me a rec. for #59, to 12 episodes please
Sep 22, 2017 10:01 AM

Oct 2015
Can somebody give me a recommendation for # 59. One or Two core, please :)
Sep 22, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2010

Spoilers from the end of the series say no, she doesn't count.
Sep 22, 2017 12:19 PM

Oct 2016
Jhiday said:

Spoilers from the end of the series say no, she doesn't count.
And does Kayo Hinazuki count as a kid?? https://myanimelist.net/character/126756/Kayo_Hinazuki
Sep 22, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2013
Phlippy said:
rodriboy said:
And does Kayo Hinazuki count as a kid?? https://myanimelist.net/character/126756/Kayo_Hinazuki

Since a big majority of the anime takes place in the time she's a kid, I'd say yes

It's obviously up to mod, but I also say yes. I'm not even sure we ever see Kayo as an adult? Have I just forgotten?
Sep 22, 2017 3:55 PM
Apr 2011
Can somebody give me a recommendation for # 59. 12 to 25 episodes please :)

Sep 22, 2017 4:16 PM

Aug 2015
Sep 22, 2017 4:29 PM
Apr 2011
Sep 22, 2017 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, also can I get a rec for 59? Only catch is that it has to be Fall 2017.
Sep 22, 2017 10:38 PM
Apr 2011
AudioTsunami said:

I feel like we can't recommend anime that has not aired yet.

Cross Game
Skip Beat
Eureka Seven
Code Geass
JoJo Bizarre Adventure
Hyouka
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Shinsekai yori
Katanagatari
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Sep 23, 2017 1:25 AM

Oct 2016
TuyNOM said:
rodriboy said:

Why don't you use Made in Abyss? Riko is 12 years old.
Thank you!! It has been very helpful
Sep 23, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2013
omegakiller said:
AudioTsunami said:

I feel like we can't recommend anime that has not aired yet.

Cross Game
Skip Beat
Eureka Seven
Code Geass
JoJo Bizarre Adventure
Hyouka
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Shinsekai yori
Katanagatari
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Seeing as most anime are just adaptations, i'm sure it's possible. Thanks for not helping though. Next.
Sep 23, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2010
AudioTsunami said:
Seeing as most anime are just adaptations, i'm sure it's possible. Thanks for not helping though. Next.

There's also the big issue that you need to have finished watching all the anime in your challenge by December 24th, and there's a big risk for Fall anime series not to be done airing by then. Thus, using any Fall anime for the challenge is quite a gamble, and I'd recommend against it.

Still, you're probably safe with Net-juu no Susume, which has been confirmed as 10-episode-long, and thus will presumably be over at least a week before the deadline. And it certainly sounds decently entertaining. But I just don't feel confident in recommending anything else.
Sep 23, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2009
Hello! Question regarding the following requirement:

42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

I was hoping to use Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! for this as Collette is not suppose to be Japanese. The problem is, it never actually states where she's from. Just that she is a "foreigner" and that she "moved to Japan with her parents" and decided to stay in Japan "even after her parents returned home."

Will it be a problem that it never actually says what nationality she is?
Sep 23, 2017 6:46 AM

Oct 2015
SunflowerDaisho said:
Hello! Question regarding the following requirement:

42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

I was hoping to use Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! for this as Collette is not suppose to be Japanese. The problem is, it never actually states where she's from. Just that she is a "foreigner" and that she "moved to Japan with her parents" and decided to stay in Japan "even after her parents returned home."

Will it be a problem that it never actually says what nationality she is?

>no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality; can't be half-Japanese
unless you can state what nationality she is no
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Sep 23, 2017 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
ViolinistGirl said:
I would like to know if Wakaba Girl fits challenge 38th:
38. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender

Still waiting someone answer. To make more easy here is the link wakaba girl
Sep 23, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
ViolinistGirl said:
ViolinistGirl said:
I would like to know if Wakaba Girl fits challenge 38th:

38. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender - needs 3 or more main characters; if the main cast is of the same gender it needs 2 or more main characters

Yup, its valid ^^
Sep 23, 2017 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
jhoson14 said:
ViolinistGirl said:

38. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender - needs 3 or more main characters; if the main cast is of the same gender it needs 2 or more main characters

Yup, its valid ^^

So, doesn't need to have at least one character from another gender? Because I thought that was necessary
Sep 23, 2017 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
ViolinistGirl said:

So, doesn't need to have at least one character from another gender? Because I thought that was necessary

As stated where I color coded. If the cast is of the same gender you need at least 2 main characters.

Wakaba Have 4, so its a valid entry.

Edit: Just to play it safe... @Sojin @Sheycroix please correct if I'm misunderstanding the rules =x
jhoson14Sep 23, 2017 9:13 AM
Sep 23, 2017 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
ViolinistGirl said:
jhoson14 said:

Yup, its valid ^^

Wakaba Girl is valid, there is no need to have both genders in the main cast, an all female cast will do perfectly. Sorry for the long wait.

@jhoson14 you're good my dude. Thanks for @'ing me
Sep 23, 2017 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
@jhoson14 @Sojin thanks, helped me a lot. ^^
Sep 23, 2017 10:33 AM

Oct 2016
Does Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor serve for challenge 39. Watch an anime with adults as the main cast??
Sep 23, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
rodriboy said:
Does Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor serve for challenge 39. Watch an anime with adults as the main cast??
No it does not. Acorrding to that challenge's rules it states
Watch an anime with adults as the main cast <-- 2+ MCs; all MCs 18 or older
Kaiji is the only main character.
Sep 23, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2016
Any recommendation for 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

Any recommendation would be appreciated, I watch pretty much any genre
Sep 23, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2013
Jhiday said:
AudioTsunami said:

There's also the big issue that you need to have finished watching all the anime in your challenge by December 24th, and there's a big risk for Fall anime series not to be done airing by then. Thus, using any Fall anime for the challenge is quite a gamble, and I'd recommend against it.

Still, you're probably safe with Net-juu no Susume, which has been confirmed as 10-episode-long, and thus will presumably be over at least a week before the deadline. And it certainly sounds decently entertaining. But I just don't feel confident in recommending anything else.

yeah, that's actually pretty fair. I had thought about that, but I thought ongoing stuff was allowed per someone using one piece, essentially. The manga challenge is also the same in that as long as you're on the most recent chapter it's fine

@AWC_Mod is there an official stance on this? I'm admittedly too lazy to check the rules page.
Sep 23, 2017 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
I'd like to ask a question regarding 65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username. It says you're not allowed to view all results but I already saw all the anime in my predictive search (that has finished airing ofc as Fate/Apocrypha is still on-going for another 3 months or so), I was wondering if I could use an anime from all the results instead there's only 2 anime I can pick from anyways as I got for TV type only XD.
Please let me know <3
Sep 23, 2017 4:03 PM

Mar 2016
Lyfa said:
I'd like to ask a question regarding 65. Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username. It says you're not allowed to view all results but I already saw all the anime in my predictive search (that has finished airing ofc as Fate/Apocrypha is still on-going for another 3 months or so), I was wondering if I could use an anime from all the results instead there's only 2 anime I can pick from anyways as I got for TV type only XD.
Please let me know <3
If you are doing the TV restriction, you can click view all results and pick a tv series from the first page. Just make sure it have anime as the drop down when viewing all results, Just add a note to your post saying that you've seen all the tv anime on your drop down and include a Screenshot of the new view all results page.
YMegumiShimizu said:
Any recommendation for 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

Any recommendation would be appreciated, I watch pretty much any genre
I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5081/Bakemonogatari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11633/Blood_Lad
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21405/Bokura_wa_Minna_Kawaisou

AudioTsunami said:
Jhiday said:

yeah, that's actually pretty fair. I had thought about that, but I thought ongoing stuff was allowed per someone using one piece, essentially. The manga challenge is also the same in that as long as you're on the most recent chapter it's fine

@AWC_Mod is there an official stance on this? I'm admittedly too lazy to check the rules page.
As far as One Piece goes, the rule about it states, you have to start it this year and you cannot turn in the challenge until Dec. 24th and you must be caught up on the lastest aired episode otherwise its invalid.

Honestly I have no idea why you are restricting yourself to the fall season, thats just stupid. The Anime needs to have finished airing when you turn it in, other wise your entire challenge will be invalid. Please just pick a finished airing show, If you want more rec's I'd be happy to rec some stuff or just go with Net-juu no Susume.
SojinSep 23, 2017 6:58 PM
Sep 23, 2017 6:24 PM

Mar 2013
@Sojin Wouldn't
you have to start it this year and you cannot turn in the challenge until Dec. 24th and you must be caught up on the lastest aired episode otherwise its invalid.
be true of a fall show. As long as I'm caught up with the last airing episode, it should fall under the one piece rule.

I have legit 0 interest i watching anything old. I already have to watch a 50 ep, a 30 ep series that can't be filled with 2017 shows. The rest I'm just gonna do movies. The only series I plan on watching that aren't from 2017 are outlaw star, shirakuma cafe, and macross/whistle.

AudioTsunamiSep 23, 2017 6:35 PM
Sep 23, 2017 6:32 PM

Mar 2016
AudioTsunami said:
@Sojin Wouldn't you have to start it this year and you cannot turn in the challenge until Dec. 24th and you must be caught up on the lastest aired episode otherwise its invalid.] be true of a fall show. As long as I'm caught up with the last airing episode, it should fall under the one piece rule.

I have legit 0 interest i watching anything old. I already have to watch a 50 ep, a 30 ep series that can't be filled with 2017 shows. The rest I'm just gonna do movies. The only series I plan on watching that aren't from 2017 are outlaw star, shirakuma cafe, and macross/whistle.

One Piece is also 800+ episodes, if someone wants to use One Piece they are my hero.

Lets just do this then.
I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1088/Macross
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6594/Katanagatari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35262/Boku_no_Hero_Academia_2nd_Season__Hero_Note
All stuff from your PTW

BUT IF YOU MUST....... Here is the official rule rather than my personal feelings
All anime used for the challenge must be watched during the challenge period: from January 01, 2017 to December 24, 2017. We can allow the use of airings ONLY if the anime finish during the last week of December (Dec. 25th to Dec. 31st) and such date is specified in the entry. Anime that continues airing in 2018 won't be allowed and thus will be marked as invalid.

The main problem with trying to recommend a fall show to you for the challenge is that, MOST of the anime dont have a confirmed episode count so it a crap shoot to guess if it will be finished in 2017
I can more of less guess some of the 1 cour anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36038/Net-juu_no_Susume
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34973/Love_Live_Sunshine_2nd_Season
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35712/Boku_no_Kanojo_ga_Majimesugiru_Sho-bitch_na_Ken
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34451/Kekkai_Sensen___Beyond
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35788/Shokugeki_no_Souma__San_no_Sara (Possible 1 cour because 2nd season was 1 cour, but the 1st season was a 2 cour so its iffy)
Some of these have confirmed episode count already so I recommend going with those

SojinSep 23, 2017 6:47 PM
Sep 23, 2017 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
cool kekkai Sessen should end exactly on the 24th.
thanks bud.
Sep 23, 2017 10:51 PM

Mar 2017
Can you include a watched show in 2017 but it was before the challenge date?

For instance, I watched Masamune Kun no Revenge on around March but I started the Challenge at May, is it possible for it to be included?

Thanks @Sojin
OrbitChewySep 23, 2017 11:04 PM
Sep 23, 2017 10:52 PM

Mar 2016
IcecreamDrew said:
Can you include a watched show in 2017 but it was before the challenge date?

For instance, I watched Masamune Kun no Revenge on around March but I started the Challenge at May, is it possible for it to be included?
Anything Start and Finished in 2017 Valid
Sep 24, 2017 1:07 AM

Mar 2017
So I have a challenge number below.

[Started: 5/26/17] [Finished: 5/27/17] 30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga : K On!

is K On! anime adapted from a 4 koma manga?

Also in the watching challenge, does anime means it can be OVA, ONA, movie or etc?

just to be sure before I update my Challenge List. Thanks in Advance!
Sep 24, 2017 2:26 AM

Nov 2007
@Sojin I will do this then, thank you for your response :)
Sep 24, 2017 2:49 AM

Oct 2015
IcecreamDrew said:
So I have a challenge number below.

[Started: 5/26/17] [Finished: 5/27/17] 30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga : K On!

is K On! anime adapted from a 4 koma manga?

Also in the watching challenge, does anime means it can be OVA, ONA, movie or etc?

just to be sure before I update my Challenge List. Thanks in Advance!

1. k-on is a 4-koma yes

2. you can use anything as long as its on mal and you start and finish it in 2017
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Sep 24, 2017 3:22 AM

Mar 2017
@Scarlett_ryuken sankyu

characterlimitt
Sep 24, 2017 5:26 AM

Jan 2011
I have a question about #70 Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
Since I never use this website, I found the genre iyashikei, got a list of anime, chose one and got a list of tropes this anime has. Is this the right way? Or am I supposed to do this in some other kind of way?
Sep 24, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2013
#59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread :
Well im looking for some anime up to 12 episodes or movie. Maybe something you guys thing was cool in this or last season, i havent seen too much actual anime.
Sep 24, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2013
GreenAngel333 said:
#59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread :
Well im looking for some anime up to 12 episodes or movie. Maybe something you guys thing was cool in this or last season, i havent seen too much actual anime.
From your PTW:
Barakamon
Blood Lad
Gakkou Gurashi
K-On
Kamisama no Memochou
Keijo
Kuroko no Basket
Omoide no Marnie
Perfect Blue

Other:
Alien9
Cowboy Bebop
Fukigen na Mononokean
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Sep 24, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2015
Hello ! Is the anime "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" legit for the Challenge "Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human" ? Thanks.
Sep 24, 2017 3:21 PM

Feb 2015
Hello there,

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

I am in your hands! :)
Sep 24, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2015
@Phlippy
Thanks, I'll go for some Death Parade! :D
Sep 24, 2017 10:59 PM

Jul 2014
Kawai_nic said:
Hello ! Is the anime "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" legit for the Challenge "Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human" ? Thanks.
I would say yes.
@AWC_Mod, @SheyCroix, @Sojin ?
Sep 25, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
Kawai_nic said:
I would say yes.
@AWC_Mod, @SheyCroix, @Sojin ?

@Kawai_nic
I honestly havent seen this anime so I have discussed this with the other AWC Staff and we came to the conclusion that it will not count.

Since the only feature of her that could possibly qualify as non human is the ends of her hair, we feel this is not a significant enough of a difference between her and normal human appearances.

Now Mozgow if you still believe this is wrong, please feel free to explain why she qualifies, as ive said before we havent seen the anime. Also post pictures referencing what you are referring to if you decide to explain. Thanks~
SojinSep 25, 2017 8:24 AM
Sep 25, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
@Sojin
I thought that for a character to be feasible it has to have a visible feature normal humans does not have. I haven't seen the anime myself, but I've seen this clip. And the thing is she doesn't have hair - these are tentacles.
Sep 25, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
@Sojin That's really not hair but tentacles as pointed by Mogzow and that on top of her head is not a Hat. Its something like a mantle in real squids, she cant remove it (unless you want her dead).

Other than being able to fully control her tentacles (as show in video above) she can spit ink.

edit: Pretty sure you cant find a human born with a mantle+fins attached to their heads.
jhoson14Sep 25, 2017 11:37 AM
Sep 25, 2017 12:00 PM

Mar 2016
@mozgow @jhoson14 Thank you very much for the information and I will overturn the Staffs ruling.

@Kawai_nic Sorry for the confusion but it is indeed valid. Just add a note to your post saying her hair is not hair they are tentacles and the "white hat" is a mantle. Or you could simply link this post.
SojinSep 25, 2017 2:32 PM
Sep 25, 2017 3:02 PM

May 2015
Thank you for your answer, I'll take note for this ^^
Sep 26, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, this is a long thread and I'm a newbie around here...

When I'm updating my challenge list, how do I link the post someone made recommending some anime to me? For #59 I got the recommendations, but it says "link the post" and I'm not sure how to link a post outside of the same thread. Do I just link the page and say "see comment X", or is there a BBCode?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 130 131 [132] 133 134 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

666 by ProGoddess »»
5 minutes ago

» How does your waifu do under pressure?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

7 by mshfqtny »»
9 minutes ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - 8 hours ago

50 by Rally- »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Will Isekai Anime Series one day surpass Mecha anime series in popularity and in the numbers game? What do you think?

RainyEvenings - 4 hours ago

10 by deg »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime?

TheSunLife - Yesterday

42 by DX_impulse »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.