Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2017 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
Series was way too short.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 17, 2017 3:35 PM
Aug 2016

best yet.

yeay! what I love from snk, is they ended every arc the best way possible so that even an anime adaptation can end it that well either.

As always, good episode, and they didn't differ it from the source too. Also, we got to see A LOT, I mean, A LOT of hints/foreshadows Isayama-sensei gave in this arc. For manga reader, of course they'll notice, right? :D

But when I read this arc back then, I didn't even have the slightest idea that Isayama-sensei were giving all that many hints behind so much. It's like when Oda-sensei gave so much hint in one piece series (that I even didn't notice until latter episodes) for future plot, and how marvel put so much easter eggs on their movies.

Overall, good season, good story, and until next season! I hope it will be 2-cours (24 episodes) so they could catch up at least until the recent ended arc from the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
I totally was expecting a kiss scene. And after that what eren said was just to funny. Im sure mikasa wants something from you eren. And im not talking about the scarf.
(I will wrap it around you as many times as you want - Eren Jaeger 2017. )

overall decent. The wait was to long. this season was to short, especially considering the wait. The OST was good but not season 1 level. The animation was good but nothing special like season 1.

Lets wait for the 6 episodes of season 3 in 2019!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 17, 2017 4:00 PM
Dec 2015
AeroSN said:

best yet.

yeay! what I love from snk, is they ended every arc the best way possible so that even an anime adaptation can end it that well either.

As always, good episode, and they didn't differ it from the source too. Also, we got to see A LOT, I mean, A LOT of hints/foreshadows Isayama-sensei gave in this arc. For manga reader, of course they'll notice, right? :D

But when I read this arc back then, I didn't even have the slightest idea that Isayama-sensei were giving all that many hints behind so much. It's like when Oda-sensei gave so much hint in one piece series (that I even didn't notice until latter episodes) for future plot, and how marvel put so much easter eggs on their movies.

Overall, good season, good story, and until next season! I hope it will be 2-cours (24 episodes) so they could catch up at least until the recent ended arc from the manga.

I hope there won't be any delays. The manga will reach 100+ chapters next year, which is enough materials to be adapted in to 36 episodes.
Jun 17, 2017 4:00 PM

May 2010
Another mind-blowing episode, if not for the 3rd season announcement I don't know what I would do T^T

So many questions, why Eren can't turn into Titan anymore, why did he suddenly gain new power, why was Erwin smiling in such a creepy way, I don't even @_@

As for the guy at the end, he feels weirdly similar to Eren's father - but I haven't seen since season one, so I might be totally wrong. Although it would make some sense, as in him changing Eren into Titan in the basement and by "not yet" maybe he meant that Eren's just not ready for something, like coming to their side? All of these are my speculations ofc.

Mikasa was totally adorable this ep, and Historia had a badass scene, that's quite a change.

Amazing season, pretty much just as good as the first one. If it only wasn't sooo shoooort... For now I'm gonna give it 9/10, and see you next year, hopefully with more Levi this time <3
Jun 17, 2017 4:01 PM

Oct 2011
Hanes noooo 😭
Eren can control titans omg epic.
EreMika moment ahhhh 😍
Was that the beast titan human form omg 😲?
Jun 17, 2017 4:03 PM

May 2016
IM SCREAMING JUST WHAT THE FUCK I NEED A TON OF EXPLANATIONS AT LEAST SEASON 3 IS CONFIRMED
Jun 17, 2017 4:04 PM

Jan 2008
Entire budget went towards Mikasa's smile.
Jun 17, 2017 4:07 PM

Apr 2016
Bad season, incredibly inconsistent. And that ymir and historia shit was so forced, had its moments but average overall.
Jun 17, 2017 4:08 PM
Aug 2015
I think it's obvious that the guy controlling/being Ape Titan is Eren's father. He wears glasses and we all know he injected Eren something which has sth to do with his itan powers,and him saying "not yet eh?" like he's testing how far Eren has come to use his power that lies deep within him which he(father) is responsible for ..Like this is all some wicked game to test and build up Eren for sth bigger.
Jun 17, 2017 4:16 PM
Aug 2016
voidepression said:
AeroSN said:

best yet.

I hope there won't be any delays. The manga will reach 100+ chapters next year, which is enough materials to be adapted in to 36 episodes.

They might have started the production of the season 3. So I hope it won't get delayed.

The only anime I know that gone through adapting all the source material even when the source didn't completed yet, is Oregairu #cmiiw.

From my observation, if there is a light novel that get adapted to a manga and then ananime, the anime will go through beyond the manga's latest chapter, but didn't get to the latest volume of the ln. If there's a manga that get adapted to an anime, it will not catch up to the latest chapter the time the anime airs (except it is the last chapter of the manga, just like how Kuzu no Honkai did). So, even if they have the resource for 36 episodes, they'll definitely won't adapt it all.

3-cours seems a bit impossible for current industry, in my opinion. That said, even season 3 will have 2-cours isn't confirmed yet. Just keep praying, and support the industry with the best way we can do~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2017
SkullProX said:
sunako199 said:
rip hannes. he had rare screentime but i'm surely gonna miss him :( that flashback :( also sad for connie :( but eren devouring titans was so awesome! i guess eremika shippers are so happy lol

SEASON 3 2018 FUCK YEAH AND VIOLET EVERGARDEN TOO!!!! 2018 IS SAVED

Happy for what? That ignore was so painful to watch LOL. :( And yeah 2018 is H Y P E
well at the least they had a moment and ofc expected from eren he wouldn't make it that sweet lol

still life: pink roses
Jun 17, 2017 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
What a great ending. I love this series til the end of times, the whole adaptation is so good. Such a priviledge for me to be able to watch it. Even if I have read the manga... jesus, what a great adaptation.

Showing the real Beast Titan at the end speaks a lot for how season 3 is going to be like. Maybe two cours, and I am pretty sure they can use 25 episodes to filler the uprising arc up. Just like they did with the introduction arc and the female titan arc. Hannes death was so tragic. Was Eren crying about him or Hannes when he snapped out?

One thing the directors wanted to make clear was that Ymir and Historia were key characters in this second season, which most of the titans fanbase didn't like because of the no action, boring episodes, no depth for the main trio, etc.

Well, I believe they got plenty of action this season, even if Ymir and Historia were there to slow things up. Mikasa's confession was kinda awkward, didn't feel like she was blushing in the manga. Not like I could tell, I never get those little details while reading manga.

The rest of the episode was faithful and very enlightening. It's going to be a long wait, but if they got Sawano again for season 3, I will wait patiently.

Great performance by Yuki Kaji and Yui. I used to hate Kaji, but his voice is growing on me.

9/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 17, 2017 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Dyavol said:
I think it's obvious that the guy controlling/being Ape Titan is Eren's father. He wears glasses and we all know he injected Eren something which has sth to do with his itan powers,and him saying "not yet eh?" like he's testing how far Eren has come to use his power that lies deep within him which he(father) is responsible for ..Like this is all some wicked game to test and build up Eren for sth bigger.

I thought so too at first but then I remembered the first time we saw the Ape Titan, remember how he was so curious about the device that makes the soldiers "fly" and kill titans? he even took one with him to study it so it can't possibly be Eren's father since he's knows about the devices and has no reason to be surprised by them. The one controlling the Ape titan seems to be from outside the walls, maybe from the same place Reiner, Bert and Annie came from.
There's also the fact that Eren's father was not blonde.. I mean unless he dyed his hair (which I think is really unlikely lmao) or that something else happened to change his hair color then I don't think so...
Jun 17, 2017 4:20 PM
Jul 2015
Awesome episode! Great animation! Cannot wait to see the next arc animated:)
Jun 17, 2017 4:22 PM

Dec 2016
awesome episode!
I'm really curious about "the monkey titan"
cant wait for the 3rd season!!!
Jun 17, 2017 4:23 PM
Dec 2015
AeroSN said:
voidepression said:

They might have started the production of the season 3. So I hope it won't get delayed.

The only anime I know that gone through adapting all the source material even when the source didn't completed yet, is Oregairu #cmiiw.

From my observation, if there is a light novel that get adapted to a manga and then ananime, the anime will go through beyond the manga's latest chapter, but didn't get to the latest volume of the ln. If there's a manga that get adapted to an anime, it will not catch up to the latest chapter the time the anime airs (except it is the last chapter of the manga, just like how Kuzu no Honkai did). So, even if they have the resource for 36 episodes, they'll definitely won't adapt it all.

3-cours seems a bit impossible for current industry, in my opinion. That said, even season 3 will have 2-cours isn't confirmed yet. Just keep praying, and support the industry with the best way we can do~

I'm just saying they have enough materials from the Manga to be adapted in to 3 seasons(12 episodes each) by next year.
Jun 17, 2017 4:25 PM

Apr 2016
They totally butchered the conversation between Eren and Jean and that between Levi and Erwin.......
Despite Isayama's failing attempt in making the female cast relatable from the manga, anime is also making other characters look worse.
Well at least Hannes scene is improved quite a bit by making we watch Eren watch Hannes fight till death.

The season is still pretty solid nonetheless. We want actions, bombastic moments and interesting mysteries. We got them all and we are satisfied.
Jun 17, 2017 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome FINALE EPISODE. Hannes trying to protect Eren & Mikasa from the Smiling Titan. He was doing so well. R.I.P Hannes so sad to see you go.

So sad for Eren feeling so useless as he couldn't even transform. Mikasa thanking Eren for having a purpose in life was beautiful & sweet. Loved the OST when everyone was fighting the Titans.

Eren able to control Titans is awesome. Got his revenge on the Smiling Titan. I can see why Reiner & Bertholdt want to bring Eren back to their homeland. That is a dangerous power. Ymir staying behind.

The truth is slowly revealing itself. The Beast Titan makes his appearance. What a cliffhanger.

It’s been 4 years since the 1st Season & the wait has been well worth it. Season 02 was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC & AMAZING. SO MUCH HYPE!!!

Everything from the action, art, animation, and music/OST has been excellent. So many great moments this season. Loved the character development of Sasha, Christa/Historia & Ymir as well as knowing more about the world.

So many questions raised & mysterious left unsolved. I just want to know everything now.

Highlights for me were definitely Eren vs Reiner/Armoured Titan. Mikasa’s death stare. Erwin the Absolute Madman. Ymir transforming & wrecking titans. Sasha escaping the clutches of that titan. Always love 3-D maneuver gear in action. And so much more that would take forever to write.

Congratulations Wit Studio & everyone involved in the production of this anime. Another great adaptation. Such an amazing job. Can’t believe it’s already over. So excited they announced a Season 03 for 2018 & we don’t have to wait too long.

There is so much greatness to come & I can’t wait to see it animated.
Overall 10/10.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 17, 2017 4:31 PM

Jun 2015
Ah well, definitely one of the best episodes of the season. Although the scene with Mikasa kind of ruined my mourning, even though I understand why it was in there :/

The last scenes were great, and Levi looking totally stunned about the big news was very well done. Definitely a great contrast to Erwin's attitude.
Jun 17, 2017 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
Nice way to end the second season.
I enjoyed it as much as season 1, but this time it went a bit towards the light shounen genre instead of darker which was season 1.

More shounen = More cheap stuff.
Still good, Character need some work.

Overall, good show.
Jun 17, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
LOL Mikasa going in for the kiss and getting flat out ignored
Jun 17, 2017 5:12 PM
Jun 2014
Anyone know the name of the OST that plays during the Historia scene? The one where she does the acrobatics and shit lul

EDIT: nvm found it, its called barricades
DegenerateWeebJun 17, 2017 5:50 PM
Jun 17, 2017 5:14 PM
May 2017
Great Finale , can't wait for the third season ... here is a map for more explanation

Jun 17, 2017 5:15 PM

Jun 2016
first eren transformed into a titan ,now he can control the titans,duex machina comes in handy to save the survey corps from their fate,hannes death was unnecessary,this season was ok but it was somehow frustrating since it didn't reveal more about the titans and ended with a big hype for the main villain.
bigmustache93Jun 17, 2017 5:33 PM
Jun 17, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2016
OMG I almost cried X(

R.I.P Hannes X(
Jun 17, 2017 5:23 PM

Sep 2010
Fairly weak season, kinda boring, had some interesting moments.
Jun 17, 2017 5:25 PM
Oct 2013
Did Hannes just block a full slap from a titan?
Jun 17, 2017 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
i'm honestly so pleased with how this season turned out, i read somewhere that the reason that season 2 was pushed back so far was because the producers were afraid of it being boring in comparison to the first season, but THEY RLY DID IT

YMIR X HISTORIA FOREVER

also i rly wanted them to cut open the titan who ate eren's mom to reveal which human was gonna be inside

i also wanted mikasa to turn into a titan and help eren lmao
Jun 17, 2017 5:44 PM

Aug 2015
SigOpram said:

Yeah that bit was pretty unrealistic considering the size of the titan. I guess his death is karma for ignoring physics
Jun 17, 2017 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
HANNES T.T I knew it was coming but it was painful because it was that same titan that killed Eren's mom. When Erin was crying I felt his helplessness, I truly thought this was it and that everyone was going to die there. I do not understand why he wasn't able to turn into a titan. Did he just unlock this coordinate power within himself? What exactly does he need to do in order to control the titans and why does it only start now?

The scene with Mikasa broke my heart and also gave me life. "I'll wrap it around you as many times as you want" It's like Mikasa was ready to give up and die, but her thinking that way seemed to give Erin the resolved to continue to fight and not give up.

I really thought we were going to lose Erwin as well. I am so happy he didn't, he has really grown on me these past couple episodes. His courage is admirable, he was beyond ready to die for humanity. I was creeped out by him smiling at the end. I feel like Levi did, so sad they have been killing humans this whole time..

Armin is so smart, I love it. He has figured out so much! Nothing ever gets past him. Honestly so amazing that Eren can control the titans now! Now they have a fighting chance. I can't wait for the next season and all the new things that will be reveled to me as a anime-only watcher. There is so much more than meets the eye, just like Erwin said, we will get to the truth!
ShancakeschanJun 17, 2017 6:01 PM
Jun 17, 2017 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
Feels Overloaded in this one...

Eren's one future husband that's for sure.
What he said to Mikasa was worth 1000 times more than if he kissed.

FUCK! It's like the Titan King was born!

Guilty Crown vibes all over again.

Armin narrating and all. Makes me wonder at what point in time he's narrating from...we'll see.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Jun 17, 2017 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
I actually enjoyed thus season more than the first one. Pacing was bit slow at times but it was still a great watch!

Such a beautiful scene!
Jun 17, 2017 6:14 PM

Dec 2016
Dïd anybody get as excited as i did for next season when they heard Erwin say : "One day, we will break it down. The wall hiding the truth."
Season 3 oh yeah !
TheUnseenGuyJun 17, 2017 7:06 PM
Jun 17, 2017 6:18 PM

Aug 2012
R.I.P Hannes

Great episode to end of the season
Jun 17, 2017 6:36 PM

Dec 2015
Great season!
Season 1 is a bit better for me, only because S2 felt short with only 12 episodes.

an Emotional and action packed ending...
- RIP Hannes, what a gruesome and heroic way to die. you drunkard! I will miss this dude. seriously the feelsss
-Beautiful slow mo scene from Eren x Mikasa! and i find it funny how Mikasa was trying to kiss Eren but it Backfired LOL! like EREN DUDE! this girl is savin ur ass for a couple of times now, just give her what she wants dammit! XD
-so satisfying to see that blonde smiling titan getting devoured by all the titans
-Nice convo between Levi and Erwin. LOL! it felt like years since Levi showed up.

and GOOD NEWS! S3 is comin! and the next arc is my fav! SO HYPED!
Jun 17, 2017 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Historia was pretty awesome in this episode!

But Mikasa took home the prize. My god she is a beauty!!!!

Eren though...damn man pretty badass!

SO now...who was my dude on MONKEY TITAN???
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 17, 2017 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
Great season finale. Glad we don't have to wait forever for the next season.

R.I.P. Hannes. Your screen time was short, but will be greatly missed.

I don't know about anyone else, but that little badass moment with Historia was great. She hasn't done much, but I really wanna see her grow into a badass character.

I love how Mikasa practically confessed her love to Erin and was flat out rejected a kiss LMAO. Thems the breaks.

Jun 17, 2017 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
Couldn't have asked for a better ending. It was great.
Jun 17, 2017 7:21 PM

Jun 2017
Such a great episode; I couldn't stop waiting what was to happen every second even knowing what was going to happen. That's the grade excelence of this story, Manga and Anime included.

The only thing that really leave me like WTF?? was that Hannes-san (RIP) stopped the titan with just his body. Now, just accept it.

Contrary to what other thinks about the power-up of Eren, it was planned, not was just something to save the troop in last moment, and I say it because when I was reading the manga I realize of the many easter-eggs or signals that Isayama-sensei gave in past episodes, and it was very well included in the history.

Wonderful OST in the episode and general but the ending and starting the was sooo bad. They really were. The animation was almost perfect in general during all the season but in this last episode was perfect, nothing more to add.

Episode: 9/10
Season: 8/10

PD1: Since the Manga I'm crying the Hannes' dead (don't know why)
PD2: Can't stopplaying the last OST: Barricade
PD3: Thanks for reading! No more PDs
Jun 17, 2017 7:27 PM

Jan 2017
Mikasa sure choose a great fucking time to confess(or whatever that was) to Eren.
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Jun 17, 2017 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
SigOpram said:
yeah that was the big WTF moment for me and it wasn't like one of the little titans either like how Reiner did at the Tower.

nonetheless this season had some serious big reveals and i feel like the best way to watch AOT is just watch it and block out the rest of the world, despite some of the slower episodes it made up for it with pretty hype moments.

art and animation were nice despite having to use 3DCGI and stills they didn't bother me too much (props for whoever worked on the maneuver gear animations this season)

OST was good liked some of the Remixes weren't too many new ones that got me pumped up until that scene with Historia moving so gracefully that song was banging.

overall 8 for this season looking forward to Season 3 next year
Jun 17, 2017 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Same like last season with Erwin doing his last speech before the episode ends.

8/10
(84%)
Jun 17, 2017 7:48 PM
Nov 2016
Nice BGM and SfX...! Waiting for the season 3 here. (Since I'm not interested to read it on manga)it's the action that I'm after! Now I'm hyped 😎
Jun 17, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2016
I noticed in the credits that ufotable's name popped up, but I don't see them accredited on the MAL page? What is the nature of them being mentioned in the credits?
Jun 17, 2017 8:20 PM

Jan 2011
Some of those titans looked like they'd just got scared by a cockroach.
Jun 17, 2017 8:23 PM

Jun 2016
Im so glad I saved this series to just binge watch it. It was IMMACULATE and s3 is already confirmed OH MY OH MY :]
Jun 17, 2017 8:25 PM
Dec 2012
Awww Mikasa <3
On board S3 HYPE! I hope there won't be any further delays.
Jun 17, 2017 8:41 PM
May 2015
mikasa ship sailing lol
Jun 17, 2017 8:50 PM

Sep 2006
Watching Season 2 AoT is basically my 2nd read over the AoT manga again. There's a lot of surprising details that make me go, "wait, they actually hinted at this so early on in the story".

My impression back then was kinda foggy, like the whole thing with Utgard castle, Reiner and Eren's rescue and then the Coordinate was very chaotic. Not surprising since manga readers were trickle-fed with chapters once a month.

But going through the story again was like lifting the veil on all the fog. Seriously, it makes me a little sad that some hints are not fully appreciated until we actually know what they had hinted at. But they sure had given us a lot of conspiracy stories back in the day when the manga was still crawling along.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.