Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 1, 2017 9:34 PM

Jan 2017
somehow, this ep seems too short to me or I just wanted to see more of Katou behaving like that. xx best ep
Jun 1, 2017 10:03 PM
Jan 2013
This was one of my favorite episodes ever!! The different expressions of Kato were just so damn cute!! I always knew she would be the best girl the underrated ones always are
Jun 1, 2017 11:37 PM

Nov 2016
Kato is in love! Damn she is overflowing with emotions.
Hands down for Kato!
Great episode, satisfied me and earned back my faith for this season.
Jun 1, 2017 11:52 PM

Sep 2015
Let's go Katou, finish strong come on! Prove to the world that you are the true number one best girl. This episode was so good. :weary:
This has me so hyped, it deserves a profile picture change.
Jun 2, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2011
OMG I just watched Tsuki Ga Kireis to find myself adoring this episode. Kato is pure gold in this episode, one of the best girls I have ever seen in anime

Well... her and Utaha
AreosVXJun 2, 2017 12:07 AM
Jun 2, 2017 12:23 AM
Sep 2015
masa8224 said:
>Watching EP.8 after Tsuki ga Kirei
WHERE IS MY INSULIN SHOT!!!?????
SWEETNESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the same thing hahahaha
Jun 2, 2017 12:23 AM
Sep 2015
KATO IS ON FIRE!!!!!
Jun 2, 2017 1:10 AM
Mar 2015
katou is the best heroine
Jun 2, 2017 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
A full episode without best girl Utaha.. UGH
Jun 2, 2017 2:00 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode with some great dialogue. Really addressed some of the problems with Aki.
Jun 2, 2017 2:29 AM

Jan 2013
Based Kato demolishing these generic anime grills. Added to my favorite characters. Also dont forget about her VA, she's doing an amazing job.
Jun 2, 2017 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
this just turned out to be my favorite episode. Holy crap that was one crazy ride they took us on before main dude stopped fucking around and finally apologized correctly. That scene was done perfectly, I cant believe it actually got me when she started to cry. Katou is best girl, I cant believe this show gave me a plain girl fetish. Thats probably not the case tho, Katou is legit just a perfect girl. Stupid aki'kun doesnt realize how good he has it

Also, cant skip over when first first went into the room together. LOL WTF was she expecting when he suddenly started walking towards her xD

10/10
Jun 2, 2017 2:44 AM

Aug 2008
The only bad thing to say about Kato is if she really falls for that trashy MC. Otherwise she would be perfect.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 2, 2017 3:49 AM

Dec 2015
Amazing episode!! 5/5
KATOU BEST GIRL.

「お客様の中に探偵の方はいらっしゃいませんか? 」

Jun 2, 2017 4:29 AM

Jun 2014
Ore wa... (yori mo) Megumi (Blessing software) no koto... Suki DA!!!! (jan)

Megumi Waifu Girl Power is Overflowing~ Love it~
and... Aki-kun... why you so perceptive for 2D but dense for 3D...
I want to punch him really hard... to knock some sense into his head...
ryuuseigamiJun 2, 2017 4:36 AM
Jun 2, 2017 4:36 AM
Mar 2017
Do it ! JUST DO IT !!!

Jun 2, 2017 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
Beautiful episode of reconciliations.
Kato's reactions are so precious and so real, I just love it!

HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 2, 2017 4:47 AM
Oct 2013
cyberbots said:
I don't get it. The last few episodes made it seem like Kato was being stuck up, ignoring Aki who actually wanted to talk about what happened, and now he is at fault for not saying anything?

not really....'cause she was always ready for whatever bad things that is going to happen and wan't to be there to aid Aki.But Aki ended up rushing to decision without telling Kato even tho Kato did tell Aki that she'll keep Saturday and Sunday free and call out to her whenever needed...
it's true tho that Kato seems stuck up but she was really pissed off when Aki didn't reach out for her help...just like Kato mentioned at the end of their selling at the Winter Comiket
Jun 2, 2017 4:54 AM

Feb 2017
"Ashita ni nattara, ima no watashi wasurete nee?"
Impossible. Tomorrow your doujinshi will be up.

This episode is amazing. I couldn't be happier enough. It was cringey at start but at the end they balanced it out perfectly. I was in team Utaha but this episode just said "forget everything, Katou is love, Katou is love" out loud.

I switched side to Katou. I'm sorry, Utaha.
Jun 2, 2017 6:27 AM

Jul 2014
Well, seeing this side of Kato was nothing if not unexpected, but it was certainly extremely interesting and very pleasing as well. It was also good to see Tomoya wising up a little and showing far more awareness of things than I have come to expect from him and from harem protagonists overall. That aside, it's interesting to compare how Kato and Tomoya interacted in this episode to how Tomoya interacts with Eriri and Utaha; while it's generally harder to gauge Kato's feelings (although I feel this episode even made that side of things much clearer), it seems very clear to me that Tomoya is in love with Kato, and I kinda get the feeling that Kato at least partially reciprocates those feelings, even if she did deny it in the AV room.

The depth these characters are getting is really impressive, I have to say, and certainly unexpected as well.
Jun 2, 2017 6:27 AM
May 2017
Well Katou finally exploded and started to show emotions... a lot of them. She showed the typical woman logic when she finally confessed that she was pissed at Tomoya because he didnt know why she was pissed... xD. So from what I understand is that the eriri incident was not the only reason that she was pissed, but it was that he eventually gave up to present the game in that comiket

Funny scenes so far for me was: When Katou expected that Tomoya would do something to her, as he closed the door of the AV room, only to be disappointed with him because in the end, because he did nothing, it was just to told her about his new project. I missed the part when he told her that closing the door of the av room was maybe too much.

Another one of the scenes is that when Tomoya hoped that Katou worried, or at least she would back off in her intentions to enter to his house, when he mentions to her that his parents are not going to be at home for at least 2 days, only to be disappointed when Katou pushes the Door forcing her entrance a little bit, as if nothing.

Finally the last scene that was funny, was while in Tomoya's room, Katou explode again and scolded him for not realizing what she felt and after that, she threw a tantrum while she was taking a bath to relax, and the guy was like wow, chill out woman!!
Jun 2, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
ryuuseigami said:
Ore wa... (yori mo) Megumi (Blessing software) no koto... Suki DA!!!! (jan)

Megumi Waifu Girl Power is Overflowing~ Love it~
and... Aki-kun... why you so perceptive for 2D but dense for 3D...
I want to punch him really hard... to knock some sense into his head...

Because 3D women are troublesome.

2D never betrays.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 2, 2017 6:57 AM

Apr 2016
The best frame of the episode
Jun 2, 2017 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
KATO THE REAL WIAFU
Jun 2, 2017 7:13 AM

Feb 2008
KATOU! Seeing her emotional side was really heart-warming. Megumi's response to being locked in the AV room with Tomoya approaching her was amusing too.
Jun 2, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2009
Kato always the best girl, every other girl is just some monotype archetype person in this anime...
Jun 2, 2017 7:57 AM

Mar 2009
All these girls are too good for Aki, honestly. Although, I guess you can make that case for most harem protagonists.
Jun 2, 2017 7:59 AM
Oct 2015
This episode show us how much Kato has been raised from boring one to perfect one

Really really good episode
and i think the best one for this week
11/10
Jun 2, 2017 8:57 AM
Jul 2012
any idea what is the insert song nearing the end of this episode?
Jun 2, 2017 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
Ah an outburst of Katou. So many emotions overflowing at once lol.
The VA did a good job portraying her feelings.

AND YET DESPITE ALL THAT, I'm still not moved by this character. I really couldn't care less if this ship sails or not.
Jun 2, 2017 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
checklist:
- katou based episode [√]
- katou fanservice [√]
- more katou expressions [√]

the katou fans were born just for this episode. we got to see more of katou's side when aki was making up to her. seeing her cry for the first time truly touched me. she was really concerned this whole time and couldn't hold back anymore, just goes to show that someone who cares for you doesn't have to be bright or interesting. feelings aside, it's about time we saw some fanservice that doesn't involve utaha. knowing tomoya, after katou leaves he won't do anything with the sweats he lent her for the night which she slept braless in, what a waste of blessed goods.

honestly if there were more episodes that focused on katou like this, it wouldn't even be a competition between her and utaha for best girl. at least we can say that there's some progress going on between katou and tomoya as they are back on track and even opened up to each other a little, and we can expect more jaw-opening expressions from her. a lot are under-appreciating the blandness of katou, the gradual development of feelings is what makes her such an intriguing character. i think one of the strong points of this anime is the build up to reveal her true colours. i've been a fan of katou since s1 and i've been so eager to see when she will fully open up to tomoya. the day we see a hint of her romantic expression/feelings towards the mc is the day majority of utaha, eriri, michiru and izumi fans will jump on the katou train.
Jun 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Mar 2015
NudeBear said:
Silanganin said:
Being an Eriri shipper was a mistake.

Kato is honestly the best girl of the anime and earned a spot as one of my favourite characters ever

only took you a season and a half to figure that out?

Nah figured Kato was good in the first season but I was a stubborn Eriri shipper.
Jun 2, 2017 3:20 PM
May 2009
And with that Kato just earned herself a position in the best girl hall of fame, her growth from start to where we are now is just astonishing.
Also, partial nipple spotted when she's in the bath and tells him to be quiet. That or my eyes are deceiving me ͡( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 2, 2017 4:30 PM

Oct 2012
Someone please kill this can't read the mood protagonist! His apologies were soo bad! Really, are we all like this?

But Kato's reactions to his pleads and misconceptions were great on the other hand! She's really came out of her shell this time. Even though most of the dialogues were just meta-meta to showcase the human-like main heroine they were talking about before. Well, girls.. this episode portrayed them prety well.

But no matter what I liked it. Kato's VA was great this time and animations perfectly on spot with emotions. Flirting with him all the time, pretending not really giving a fuck about what's he's saying about the game yet friendzoning him at the same time? Well.. one doesn't really needs to be a genius to get what's going on.

Still think Utaha is the best girl but the Kato is the best girl next door definitely. If anything this series portrays those archetypes really well.

imkeijo said:
So, Is anyone still questioning who is the best girl of the anime?

The best girl is always the one who is the main in the current episode ;D But really, they obviously have to hire Izum as the secondary artist, and there was slight hint at it in this episode. I just wonder if everyone else gets jelly again and how the situation changes.
Jun 2, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2015
Oh, god bless this Megumi episode.... Watching another perfect episode after the other. First Tsuki ga Kirei, now this.

Jun 2, 2017 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
Sooooo Aki basically confessed to Kato right? I mean he did say he wants people to play a game with a character based around someone he loves...so confession.

The ending was really sweet....especially that sweet sweet Kato fanservice.

That smile underneath the covers though<333

Kato was super cute this episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 2, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
You fucked up if you ever doubted Kato being best girl from the start while the others have been good in their own rights shes on another level.

her reactions were great ,even though it's been a few months this kind of apology was still pretty weak to me but they had to make up at some point right glad she didn't fully accept it with all those cheap sorry's
Jun 2, 2017 7:29 PM
Jan 2010
All you guys foaming at the mouth over Megumi, while refusing to see how disproportionate her development is compared to Utaha and Eriri.

Well, I won't stop the Cult of Megumi from keeping their faith. Just wanna say that you're all baited and manipulated af.
Jun 2, 2017 8:21 PM
Jan 2016
This episode was so good, I really enjoyed it! One of the best episodes from this anime.
My favorite girl is Utaha, but in this episode Kato impressed me!
Kato Best girl after this episode certainly, she is definitly too cute expressing herself like she did in this episode, i am without words...!
Jun 2, 2017 9:52 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty great episode overall. Kato has risen quite a bit in my estimation, as her character really got to shine this episode. For probably the first time. I still don't really know why she was mad,or still so months later. But whatever.

The fanservice was pretty great too.
Jun 2, 2017 11:37 PM

Aug 2012
Orix said:
All you guys foaming at the mouth over Megumi, while refusing to see how disproportionate her development is compared to Utaha and Eriri.

Well, I won't stop the Cult of Megumi from keeping their faith. Just wanna say that you're all baited and manipulated af.

What do you mean by disproportionate? Who has more development and who has less? Would you kindly expound on that as I'm interested in understanding your point of view.
Jun 3, 2017 1:31 AM
Jan 2015
Do any of you know what song is playing in the background at minutes 18:49 in this episode? that song fits perfectly with the scene
Jun 3, 2017 1:47 AM
Jan 2010
Xenobreaker said:
What do you mean by disproportionate? Who has more development and who has less? Would you kindly expound on that as I'm interested in understanding your point of view.

Utaha and Eriri already had their moments with Tomoya. HOWEVER, the cultists seem to imply that whatever Megumi had done with Tomoya far outshines Utaha's recognition of Tomoya's talent as an equal and Eriri's moment of solace with Tomoya in Nasu Kogen. It severely enrages me that Utaha and Eriri is always considered inferior compared to Megumi when Megumi has not yet done anything at the level of Utaha writing entire scenarios and Eriri hand-painting illustrations for Cherry Blessing.
Jun 3, 2017 5:39 AM
Jan 2016
Sweet episode!!! I really love it wkwk. That relationship between Kato and Aki...I think Aki is right when he said that Kato really loves the Dojin team more than him. Kato always give her 100% for the team. I hope this will make the team stronger and much better than before. And I really love this episode because Kato is really talkative in this episode wkwkwk.
Jun 3, 2017 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
We're only in June and it's now confirmed that Megumi is officially best grill of the year
Jun 3, 2017 6:14 AM
Apr 2016
The insert song is "Eternal ♭" by Megumi's VA.
Jun 3, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2011
What a lovely episode. I feel like I appreciate Katou more after she displayed more emotions than usual.
Jun 3, 2017 7:14 AM
Jul 2015
I stay true to Kato ship from the start. Was not dissapointed. She owned this season as the best heroine
Jun 3, 2017 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
Orix said:
Xenobreaker said:

Utaha and Eriri already had their moments with Tomoya. HOWEVER, the cultists seem to imply that whatever Megumi had done with Tomoya far outshines Utaha's recognition of Tomoya's talent as an equal and Eriri's moment of solace with Tomoya in Nasu Kogen. It severely enrages me that Utaha and Eriri is always considered inferior compared to Megumi when Megumi has not yet done anything at the level of Utaha writing entire scenarios and Eriri hand-painting illustrations for Cherry Blessing.

Thanks for your reply. I see what you are saying and I agree that those are very important scenes in this series.

In all honesty, I have a preference for Megumi but my preference for her was established back when I read the initial light novels before the creation of the anime. Back then, Megumi wasn't very popular, Eriri and Utaha were seriously way more popular. I don't know why she suddenly became popular in the anime though (probably a combination of the format and the performance of the seiyuu). I preferred her then because she seemed to be the only one of the three, at least for me, to give effort into making the game without some kind of ulterior motive. She was literally dragged into the otaku world with Tomoya guilt-tripping her into joining a circle that has yet to even be created with some tactless ludicrous reasoning. While she was the normal girl who had to learn about literally everything from scratch, Eriri was already a great artist and Utaha was already an established writer. There was nothing for her to gain and yet, she seemed to be the one giving genuine effort to create the game with Tomoya rather than for Tomoya.

Of course, this is just my impression of Megumi. Some will agree with me, some will disagree, but at least one person will have a rage-induced heart attack reading my opinion lol.

I guess, what it boils down to, is that "best girl" is a subjective thing and people shouldn't put down other characters especially in a genre like this. I don't know why others prefer Megumi especially those who've only seen the anime but this is my reason. To each his/her own but people should at least give a substantial justification.

By the way, do you have a preference amongst the girls?
Jun 3, 2017 8:35 AM

Feb 2017
Before jumping into any conclusions, are there any "important" parts from the light novel that were left out? Or it was genuinely like this episode?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

207 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

75 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

101 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.