Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2015
Seems like they rearranged the content, nice.

Also glad that we got Ymir's transformation in this episode. Can't wait for the next episode!

Apr 22, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2016
i hope they wont waste time with flashback so we can see top 10 anime wtf moment next episode
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 2016
its about time to ymir reveal herself

Oct 2013
sim0n2170 said:
On_the_Lam said:
Literally got chills when Ymir started talking about sacrificing herself. My only complaint this season would be the music. There's only one new track I've been able to identify till now. Everything else is rehashed versions of the season 1 OST.
I've only notice two new ones this season so far. The Beast Titan theme and the one last episode where Reiner and Connie were talking in the beginning of the episode. Piano sounding like.

and the one where he was talking about Ymir about the canned food. I think the sasha scene vs that titan as well.
Apr 22, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2016
W123 said:
WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????

Basically, because she doesn't care about anyone but her self and Christa
EthicalllApr 22, 2017 9:11 AM
Apr 22, 2017 9:01 AM

Nov 2016
This was one of the more anticipated episodes for me and fortunately it delivered.

RIP Mike Squad. The thrown rocks were truly a blessing in disguise for Lynne and Henning, they didn't have to face the same horror as the other two. Didn't care much about Gelgar, Nanabas death one the other hand made me feel bad,liked her quite bit. I read the manga, but that was almost 4 years ago, totally forgot that her last moments were this cruel:(

The last scene with Ymir was a nice finish and I'm hyped to see the Dancing Titan in action.

P.S. I understand Reiner too well, Christa is top tier marriage material.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2017 9:02 AM

Jan 2015
Aaww, is Ymir trying to "support" Conny more than she trying to be sarcasm? :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 22, 2017 9:04 AM
Aug 2014
-I've called it last week they'll cover that the next episode. People were ranting/worried they cut the conversation before the battle to the extent of saying story over action dissing studio Wit.

-we all care for Nanaba, because she's a cute girl.

-Reiner was heroic and shady at the same time.

-Ymir you lesbo cunt, could have transformed before thing went this bad.

-the scariest part this episode is that we are one third done of the season.
Apr 22, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2016
Omg this cliffhanger though

Set by SenpieX
Apr 22, 2017 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
So was Ymir the titan that killed the guy who saved Reiner? Seems like her.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Apr 22, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2016
This episode got me so shook, as I haven't read the manga, now I'm only assuming it gets more fucked up and amazing at the same time for the rest of the arc. But, tbh who was Ymir before this season, who is she, why the hell was she not featured more last season?? So many questions
Apr 22, 2017 9:13 AM

Jan 2015
OH. MY. GOD. THIS FREAKING EPISODE!

I wasn't expecting Nanaba to die! It was so cruel holy shit, felt soooooooo bad for her

YMIR IS A TITAN? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. IS EVERYONE A FREAKING TITAN?
Apr 22, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2013
Reiner is now one of my favourite characters.

Not that surprising about Ymir being a Titan considering how suspicious she was throught the episode, especially when she read that foreign language in the can.
Reiner seemed very suspicious too. And that thing of Bertolt saying he was previously a "warrior"... sounds really weird.

Btw, I am the only one who noticed the Titan who ate Reiner and Bertolt friend in the flashback looks like Ymir's Titan form...

Poor Gerger, Nanaba and the others. The life of a fodder character in Shingeki no Kyojin is not easy.
Apr 22, 2017 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
Does Ymir titan form appear during S1? It just looks so familiar.
Apr 22, 2017 9:18 AM
Feb 2016
Damn this was episode was intense enjoyed it all the way through. Ymir was acting weird during that scene with Reiner so I had a slight suspicion about her, as soon as she jumped from the castle I knew she was titan because I doubt she would sacrifice her life in vain.

King107Apr 22, 2017 9:26 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 9:22 AM

May 2015
NOOOOO THEY KILLED MY FAVOURITE "NOTICE ME SENPAI" TITAN. HATE THIS SHOW. DROPPING THIS SHIT. 1/10.

Ymir is titan. I feel like thier whole squad it's made of titans.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 22, 2017 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Lol I guess that's why Ymir was acting sketch the entire time. I feel like Reiner is also sketch, but it seems like a Titan killed his friend, so maybe he's fine.
Apr 22, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 2012
I'm kinda blown away. Really connecting to the characters and feeling their deaths and helplessness. I hope Ymir titan can hold the fort!
Apr 22, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
Waaaaaaaaaat, Makes you wonder if everyone was a Titan before or some shit. Too many people having these power and knowledgen even tho, how could the wall be built with nobody seeing it ? erghh
Apr 22, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2015
NeMy- said:
Waaaaaaaaaat, Makes you wonder if everyone was a Titan before or some shit. Too many people having these power and knowledgen even tho, how could the wall be built with nobody seeing it ? erghh

Yeaaaaah, I'm wondering the same thing as well.
And if all the titans were humans who couldn't control their powers so they've transformed into titans? I mean....I DON'T KNOW ;-;

btw I haven't read the manga so this is just an hypothesis
Apr 22, 2017 9:35 AM

Mar 2014
Damn Well Ymir being titan no real surprises there with the MASS of hints they keep giving us but still nice episode.

Cliffhangers man....HHHHHMMMHMHMHM Makes me so mad at such a point like that.

Should I feel bad if I was laughing the whole time when the Nanaba dies screaming Daddy and the guy gets mad someone took all the alchohol xD. Peak times, nothing too "Wow" but lets keep it up
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 22, 2017 9:37 AM

Jul 2015
so ymir is a titan :O
another great ep <3
Apr 22, 2017 9:38 AM
Aug 2014
Because of time constraints i honestly wasn't sure whether or not the flashback conversations would make it into the show at all but I'm bloody glad they did, I love this arc so much.

When Reiner goes to open the door i was just like nooo don't do it, and even though I knew what creepy shit the titan behind it looked like I was still like ah! shit
Bertl just hammering a fork into a titans face is still one of my favourite things tbh look at you actually doing stuff for once.

Which is a point, congratulations Bertholdt on like quadrupling your lines from season 1 (he has lines in like 3 episodes)

Boy I'm really looking forward to next episode, I wonder where they're going to finish on, I had an idea, but then I wasn't sure from the preview cos they could pull out the snow flashback a bit...
I was thinking they might leave a cliffie on a ... certain conversation but I don't know if they can fit all that into the episode, which might make for a weird next next episode, unless I'm forgetting some events, its been a really long time since I reread...

Best episode yet hell yeah
Apr 22, 2017 9:40 AM

Feb 2015
I was sooooo hoping we would get the Ymir reveal at the end of the episode, and they delivered fantastically. Hopefully this episode will quell anime-only viewers' complaints about the season "starting slow", because those complaints were never logical anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2016
Ymir's transformation surprised me so it seems anyone can become a titan if they have a certain goal and cut themselves.
Apr 22, 2017 9:43 AM
Apr 2017
Orionite_ said:
Seeing Nanaba and her screams while being eaten was so painful.

Made me light headed not gonna lie, dunno why but their screams are so intense it makes my heart ache.
Apr 22, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2012
Holy shit! I did not see that coming! Ymir straight Savage!

First of R.I.P. to Nanab. I really liked her. I wish she didn't have to die. I'm always amazed how they make you feel for these sides characters with only a few episodes of time with them.

Ymir I was not expecting to go Titan. When she jump off the tower I was like "Damn she a real one for that" but then she went Titan and I was like OOOOOOHHHHHHH SHIT Damn they always cutting it off a the good part.

I wonder who else is a titan. I think Bertolt and Reine is. They always sweating and shit. Telling Conny not to worry. I learned from watching this series. Anytime someone has that "I hope they don't find out" look. They hiding some sneaky shit.Then again Ymir had that look and I was totally surprise so who knows.

Damn what if Krista is a titan? Bet she be bad like Annie. Damn I miss Annie.Can't wait for next week.

5/5
AntearionApr 22, 2017 9:55 AM
Apr 22, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
Who doesn't want to marry Krista?
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Apr 22, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2017
sonnestark said:
what was nanaba saying before her death? i don't recall something like this in the manga

"Father! No! Stop! Stop! I won't do it again! Stop! No!"
Apr 22, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2017
Schopenhauer1 said:
W123 said:
WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????

Basically, because she doesn't care about anyone but her self and Christa

Or she was hoping that things wouldn't turn out the way they did, forcing her to show her hand. I believe Ymir thought that the Scouts would be able to take out the amount of titans that had originally been there, but when the Beast Titan threw boulders at the castle that hope went to shit.
Apr 22, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
mysticmajestic said:
sonnestark said:
what was nanaba saying before her death? i don't recall something like this in the manga

i wonder what does she mean by this, we never knew anything about her or her father

0x5809 said:

no it's the first time, but it did appear in the second season teaser

kyogen_kigo said:

indeed

Apr 22, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
Xenocrisi said:

Yes. It was already confirmed in the OVAs.

Apr 22, 2017 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
I never expected Ymir to be a titan. That was awesome. She knew how to read the letters on the can. That one guy died without having a drink. He was so devastated. Connie had a close call. Reiner saved him in time. He was so cool. Him saying he gotta marry Krista was funny. Seeing Nanaba and her screams while being eaten was so painful. What an amazing episode.
Apr 22, 2017 10:10 AM

Oct 2007
"Gotta marry her"

Aside from that, shocks and almost unimaginable horror and cruelty in this episode of Attack On Hellsing.
RalonzoApr 22, 2017 10:14 AM
Apr 22, 2017 10:12 AM

Jan 2014
Dunno whether I've said this before, but the long hiatus made me forget how much I loved Ymir and Christa. Their relationship was really explored here, and I'm wondering how it will change with the next episode...
Apr 22, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2016
I laughed

Great episode
Apr 22, 2017 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
Well I suppose the conver between Reiner and Ymir fitted better in this ep, making people not to expect that much Ymir being a titan.

To the people asking why she didn't transform before the scouts deaths, you seem to forget the situation the 104th is. They all are suspects for being titans due to Eren, changing with them alive meant that she would face a trial and probably an execution.

sonnestark said:
mysticmajestic said:

i wonder what does she mean by this, we never knew anything about her or her father

0x5809 said:

no it's the first time, but it did appear in the second season teaser

kyogen_kigo said:

indeed

I think this isn't about knowing her or her father, neither something to add to the character, just a way to show how traumatic the experience was, she was recalling past traumas due to the shock.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 22, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
Another solid episode, glad to see it's sticking closely to the manga. Awesome transformation at the end
Apr 22, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Well shit, Ymir is a Titan too? Well, that's one hell of an awesome twist and makes this all the more interesting. I know it came up at the end of the first season cos of Annie, but how many more Titans are hiding amongst the humans, other than the Armoured and Colossal Titans (and presumably the Beast Titan too)?
Apr 22, 2017 10:19 AM

May 2015
Another great episode 5/5. Waiting for someone to mention that Ymir's titan
Apr 22, 2017 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
xXcorbanXx said:

I think this isn't about knowing her or her father, neither something to add to the character, just a way to show how traumatic the experience was, she was recalling past traumas due to the shock.

i know, but it's kinda bothering me
Apr 22, 2017 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
antonn said:
Xenocrisi said:

Wutttt, I don't remember it at all
Apr 22, 2017 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
Ymir was the one that ate Bernthold's friend in the flashback wasn't she? Jesus man, WHY would they do something like that?! Shit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 22, 2017 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
I thought last week's episode was the best but they keep making better episodes god I loveeeed this episode so much! I wasn't expecting them to end it with Ymir transforming though I was shocked but god this has to be my favorite this season there's so much Ymir I'm beyond blessed right now I am a bit confused because of something but since it regards the manga I'm gonna stay quiet about it but definitely a 5/5 from me.

yeehaw
Apr 22, 2017 10:43 AM

May 2016
Xenocrisi said:
antonn said:

Wutttt, I don't remember it at all

Nah, that OVA was just crack and not canon
Apr 22, 2017 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
Wow it took her a whole episode to make up her mind. Inbetween soldiers die because of her being a dumb girl.
Apr 22, 2017 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
What the... could they make deaths less violent and more peaceful please? I had a real hard time seeing Nanaba dying with those screams. It made me remember Mike's death. Poor souls :(

And dafuq, I thought Ymir will transform into some cool titan like Annie but I guess not.
And lmao, she's the same titan that tried to eat Reiner but his friend took his place...
Apr 22, 2017 10:56 AM

May 2016
Yes Yes YES, Ymir is such an interesting character and so much was revealed about her this episode, I can't wait for the flashbacks and the reveal of
Apr 22, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
Shit shit shi shit

YMIR IN TITAN FORM, WAS IT HER WHO ATE REINER'S FRIEND FROM THE FLASHBACK?????

did not expect ymir to have the ability to transform into a titan.

well done isayama
Apr 22, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
I'd say this one is the episode I liked the least out of the last 4. Some pretty bad lines of dialogue. Also it's weird that Ymir isn't part of the whole deal. She's just a concealed titan that will get rid of those now?
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.