Forum Settings
Forums

MALentine 💕 Mystery: Game Thread (+Winners)

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
i wanted to do it. i was at the 20th question, then i got a phone call, and when i was back i had to redo everything...
FU** THIS SH** i'm out!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Feb 15, 2017 12:54 PM
Jan 2017
Awwww, I found my card*-* In "medium" section ^^
There were a lot of pretty cards tbh, but I didn't know a lot of them xDD It was a really funny game tho, I love these kind of threads :)
Feb 15, 2017 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
kokkoros said:
Just wondering, when typing the character names for receiver/sender should we put surname-first name like in Japan, or first name and then surname? So I guess as an example, Kurosaki Ichigo or Ichigo Kurosaki?

First name goes first, so it's Ichigo Kurosaki. Read the instructions! :)
Feb 15, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like I am way too stupid for this

Feb 15, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2016
I sometimes feel like I guessed right for the characters but for the sender-receiver ... not so sure if it's it or reversed ^^'
✧゚・:*\(◕o◕\) ♪ Spandam-sama ♪ (/◕o◕)/*:・゚✧

Feb 15, 2017 1:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
dobcho1 said:
Does this mean it will be incorrect if we don't add "(TV)" at the end as some titles have that?
It's okay with or without that part.

kuuderes_shadow said:
I'm finding some of the senders really hard to fill in... Even for series that I'm really familiar with.
WeeziMonkey said:
I swear sometimes there's no hint about which of the characters is the sender and which is the receiver.
ShinsoPriest said:
Some of them are too vague to guess.
Yes, some card creators were more vague. If it's in the Easy section, it's probably the first couple you'd think of from that series. If it's in the Hard but a popular anime... well...

yurkin said:
Annoying -.- that message your browser is not supported constantly pop-up, and I need to click on the dismiss ...... I have not enough patience for that stuff. Give up.
We used Google Forms this time, hoping it'd make the hundreds of guesses easier to grade. Maybe try logging in with a Google Account? I use Opera and used to see it all the time, but I'm not having problems here.

Dianga-12 said:
When the answers are revealed, can you also release the explanation people gave?
That was my original intention. See my reply above about vagueness.

sc0pii0gal said:
-cries- i dont get it at all ><
DarknessSerpent said:

@ EVERYONE
General hint:
-- "Easy" series are generally very popular anime with easy to guess/expected couples. Even if you haven't seen the show, you may have heard of it or might go "aha" if you look at the top popular series.
-- "Medium" series are either less popular series, popular anime with less typical couples, or easily Googleable hard entries.
-- "Hard" are... well. Obscure series, obscure couples, or the creator was extremely vague and the series could be mixed up. Google may still help you.

Hope that helps with guessing a little...

On a side note...:
We did ask everyone to make their cards as easy to guess as possible! I expect more appreciation for easily Googleable hints in our Easter hunt this year :P :P
Feb 15, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2015
I was impressed with the quality of many of the cards, really well done. My own Photoshop abilities are
quite meager.

Now the wait for the answers begins...
Feb 15, 2017 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
well I know all my answers are wrong due to me just copy and pasting the names straight from the anime page

Opps Lol
Feb 15, 2017 2:49 PM

Dec 2015
kokkoros said:
Just wondering, when typing the character names for receiver/sender should we put surname-first name like in Japan, or first name and then surname? So I guess as an example, Kurosaki Ichigo or Ichigo Kurosaki?

I would copy-paste from the my anime list database
Feb 15, 2017 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
dis was ez pz lemn squz

Feb 15, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2016
KnightA said:
well I know all my answers are wrong due to me just copy and pasting the names straight from the anime page

Opps Lol

Wait.... Were we not supposed to do that? o.O
Feb 15, 2017 2:57 PM

Aug 2016
WittWise said:
When somehow WittWise begins with A-H on medium x'D

but that's fine, i think it does better in that category :P

No, they were not categorised by the maker's username's first letter. It's just saying that those with usernames beginning with A-H should do that part first.

To ensure all games have ~equal amount of players, please complete the games assigned to your username first.
After finishing, you play all other games as you choose.
Feb 15, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2016
hope-kibou said:
WittWise said:
When somehow WittWise begins with A-H on medium x'D

but that's fine, i think it does better in that category :P

No, they were not categorised by the maker's username's first letter. It's just saying that those with usernames beginning with A-H should do that part first.

To ensure all games have ~equal amount of players, please complete the games assigned to your username first.
After finishing, you play all other games as you choose.

Whoops my bad .-. sorry
Feb 15, 2017 3:01 PM

Aug 2016
WittWise said:
hope-kibou said:

Whoops my bad .-. sorry
It's alright.
Feb 15, 2017 3:24 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
@Kineta

Will we be able to see our own submission?

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Feb 15, 2017 3:25 PM
Jan 2013
There sure are some vague stuff in there
gone bai bai
Feb 15, 2017 3:34 PM

Jan 2016
This will be fun. I'm hoping to at least get a few of them right. :)
Feb 15, 2017 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
From what people are saying this seems pretty challenging even on easy. Alright, I'm giving it a shot. Wish me luck!

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Feb 15, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2009
I don't feel like that easy level can really count as easy. It was really hard. That's probably a statement to how under read/watched I am. I was surprised I was able to make a guess on one of the hard ones.

Good fun at any rate. All the card makers did a great job (despite some sender/receiver ambiguity). Thanks for all the hard work. And to the staff as well!
Feb 15, 2017 3:55 PM

Apr 2016
Thank you admins for organizing this ! I had a really great time going through all of the cards. And I was really glad to see that the ones I made were included !
I can't wait to see the answers so that I can add more anime to my plan to watch list.
Best to you ! :3
Feb 15, 2017 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
Luna said:

Ganbatte, you can do it~

私に幸運を与えないでください。
それは私の頭が痛い。(ッ)

Feb 15, 2017 4:03 PM

Apr 2011
Berserk ones made me happy :D
Feb 15, 2017 4:14 PM

Jan 2017
This was fun, both making and guessing. I didn't know most of them, but I still enjoyed seeing them all. I was a bit surprised there were a lot of
, I was expecting there would be a lot of
. I made two, one in the 'hard' section (is that a compliment?) the other in the extras. I'm looking forward to seeing how many people guess my hard one correctly, it is maybe a little ambiguous, but I liked how it turned out. My extra one is super easy.
オタク? 私はそのことが私がかわいいと思う!
Feb 15, 2017 4:21 PM

Aug 2014
Some really creative cards. If I had to choose, I'd say the Angel Beats one was probably my favorite so far. That is assuming it is actually Angel Beats and I'm not totally mistaken haha
-CyrilleFeb 15, 2017 4:24 PM

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Feb 15, 2017 4:31 PM

Jan 2016
I was wondering if my card was too hard (it's in the hard corner actually) to understand but now that I saw the others I feel less lonely
✧゚・:*\(◕o◕\) ♪ Spandam-sama ♪ (/◕o◕)/*:・゚✧

Feb 15, 2017 4:36 PM
Jan 2013
Oh, that's a V with a exclamation after it

What do I take from this I wonder
gone bai bai
Feb 15, 2017 4:38 PM
Apr 2013
Oh dear my WiFi's is really slow. If I don't submit the form and then try to redo it later when my WiFi's better is that allowed?

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Feb 15, 2017 4:52 PM

Jan 2015
Ugh... I was trying to play on my phone and I accidentally ended up sending only my username without any answers. Is it okay if I play again?
Also, what should I do when I come across my own card? I already know the answer so should I make a 'guess' or not?
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Feb 15, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2015
-michira- said:

You're welcome ;) I only made one though, probably the easiest one too.
Feb 15, 2017 5:42 PM

Sep 2014
It's long to do. Someone other than me made a Persona 4 card !

KnightA said:

Opps Lol

Why do you thing it will make your answers wrong. I did that too.

Mod Edit: Merged consecutive posts; please use the edit button.
TenshoFeb 15, 2017 9:58 PM
Feb 15, 2017 6:41 PM

Apr 2016
Wow! These cards are really well made! I tried a medium and wow... I thought easy was hard!

Although, if I would have realized on my own that I was doing a popular pair, I would have done a more obscure one. Oh well, I'm still proud of my work, even if there were at least 3 others.

#Added Later....
I got almost none of the hard ones. Oh well.
AurelicButterFeb 18, 2017 9:05 PM
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Feb 15, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2014
I found my card in I → Q :)

I didn't have faith to perfectly write a name after 5-6 lists, I don't know if it's still ok or not.
AraFeb 15, 2017 7:07 PM

Reinhard von Lohengramm : "Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait. "

Yang Wen-Li : Neither terrorism nor occultism have ever impacted history in any constructive way.

Ernst von Eisenach : Checkmate.
Feb 15, 2017 8:51 PM

Jun 2012
Happy to see my card in the game and sorry if I didn't make it easy for you.

Had a feeling my card would be where it was.

Also can we vote for our own card as well for best design?
Feb 15, 2017 8:59 PM

Dec 2016
Completed the easy difficulty for my username. I left I think two blank but the rest I was either sure or pretty confident about. I had fun, good work everybody! Nice idea for a game.
Feb 15, 2017 9:03 PM
Jan 2013
Jroo said:
Happy to see my card in the game and sorry if I didn't make it easy for you.

Had a feeling my card would be where it was.

Also can we vote for our own card as well for best design?
Do it and tell noone

noone will know
gone bai bai
Feb 15, 2017 11:05 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh gosh, my cards are in Medium and Hard (and other). I am so sorry everyone. I tried really hard to make my cards easily guessable although I knew the pairings I used aren't exactly popular.;;

I think a lot of us approached this event with another idea of "easy". A lot of these actually are easy to guess... IF you've watched/read the series thoroughly.

Like, I'm seeing so many cards where I have noooo idea. It's pretty clear that they're giving SOME type of hint, I just know nothing about the series so the hints that are there mean nothing to me. I don't even know where to start with Googling them. If it's a card from a series I have watched thoroughly, I recognize the hints right away. Still, just looking at those cards I realized that folks who haven't watched them would be sooo confused.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 15, 2017 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
My card is in hard too. Well, I guess it wasn't all that mainstream compared to the other popular card choices.
Feb 15, 2017 11:53 PM

Nov 2013
So you still get pointers if you only know the anime/manga and fill it in ? What if you know only the sender / receiver ? :>

And damn, the first easy I took, I switched First Last name as Last First name, am I in trouble now ? :>

Feb 16, 2017 12:53 AM

Nov 2013
@hnnmilam

Oh no, that's not how I meant it, I can tell the anime but not the characters or if the anime happens to be a harem can't really tell the sender or receiver, depends on the hints.

And thank you :)

Feb 16, 2017 12:59 AM
Dec 2015
Finally, I'm done with this game. I've only watched 276 anime so far... Yet, I actually knew some of the anime I didn't watch because some of them are really popular and I used image search for some of them. Ah... I was so happy when I saw my card on Medium...

Shiranuma said:

KnightA said:

Opps Lol

Why do you thing it will make your answers wrong. I did that too.

In the rules, there is a rule that say "Character names should be formatted: First Last".

Some of my answers though is formatted in Last Name, First Name, though, not sure if it's counted as wrong...
Feb 16, 2017 1:20 AM
Feb 2017
Happy valentine
Feb 16, 2017 3:39 AM
Jan 2013
So turns out having two anime (Sender) and (receiver) means there's two different series and it's not a mistake on the system

Middle 3 Card 10 answer ruined

Shoutouts to "Twister", "I love Emilia", "Hamster Picture", "Custom Yu-Gi-Oh! card" and "Let's make babies"
Might be forgetting one, but these were humorous
And I like that

Mod Edit: Merged consecutive posts; please use the edit button.
TenshoFeb 16, 2017 8:33 PM
gone bai bai
Feb 16, 2017 5:42 AM

Dec 2015
DarknessSerpent said:

About this game
You either know it or you don't
It doesn't mean you are stupid
cheer up!
Feb 16, 2017 5:51 AM
Jan 2013
hnnmilam said:
Mkim said:
Shoutouts to "Twister", "I love Emilia", "Hamster Picture", "Custom Yu-Gi-Oh! card" and "Let's make babies"
Might be forgetting one, but these were humorous
And I like that
I think you shouldn't say that here, and pls don't ask why, it's just my thought
It's literally what they are
Anyone who plays the whole game will see them anyways
gone bai bai
Feb 16, 2017 6:11 AM

Sep 2016
Sender & receiver part was hard to identify in some cards & I could only guess 1 or 2 anime from hard category which I think were also wrong xD
It was fun to play nonetheless & most of the cards had awesome designs. Great job minna!
Feb 16, 2017 6:28 AM

Apr 2011
To the people who made me type out long anime names and a certain character's last name multiple times: I hate you (jk, but dmn I know things without looking them up now)

EDIT: Did all the challenges now, and the easy ones were really easy (don't understand why a lot of people already have difficulty with those) but the most 'who's the sender/receiver' confusion was in that section. The medium ones seemed difficult, but I could fill out a lot with some research and no I don't mean Google search for pic only although I used it as well lel. Could fill out more hard ones than I imagined.

Had a couple of good surprises to see some OTP's, favourite characters, more gay couples than I thought there would be and especially some other Berserk ones. One was almost the same as mine, same motive, same sender/receiver, even the fact that it said 'manga' instead of 'anime', I was so surprised lol ~o~

Now just wait and see how my card did I got one vote at the least from myself cause I'm an ass

-michira- said:

Yaay :3 Tbh I thought that I would be the only one to make one, but I'm happy that was not the case. And to see another fan :)

kuuderes_shadow said:
and one "Err if that's the character I think you meant it to be then they would never ever say anything like that, you twit".

and which one was that?
Because tbh, a lot of characters wouldn't really say those things, which was also not the point, so what got you triggered?
Dianga-12Feb 19, 2017 7:53 PM
“Do you think that I count the days? There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
Feb 16, 2017 7:53 AM

Dec 2011
Dianga-12 said:

kuuderes_shadow said:
and one "Err if that's the character I think you meant it to be then they would never ever say anything like that, you twit".

and which one was that?
Because tbh, a lot of characters wouldn't really say those things, which was also not the point, so what got you triggered?

I don't want to embarrass the person who did it so I won't say (not even by PM, before you ask). Especially as I'm not sure I could say it without giving the answer. I'm not talking about just a case of "this person wouldn't confess to that one" or "if they did they wouldn't do it like that" though. This is way beyond that sort of level. Plus it's to the point where I start to wonder if I got the character wrong, even though I'm pretty sure there's noone else it could possibly be.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 16, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Dianga-12 said:

and which one was that?

I don't want to embarrass the person who did it so I won't say (not even by PM, before you ask). Especially as I'm not sure I could say it without giving the answer. I'm not talking about just a case of "this person wouldn't confess to that one" or "if they did they wouldn't do it like that" though. This is way beyond that sort of level. Plus it's to the point where I start to wonder if I got the character wrong, even though I'm pretty sure there's noone else it could possibly be.

I know I shouldn't, but I am getting more curious, as I have looked through them all and can't think of anything that would be THAT outrageous, BUT I haven't played them all, and probably only know half of medium and about nothing of hard >.>

Also, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps it was the one I made... was it one of
“Do you think that I count the days? There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.” ~ Jean-Paul Sartre
Feb 16, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
LegendSky said:
DarknessSerpent said:

About this game
You either know it or you don't
It doesn't mean you are stupid
cheer up!

Thanks, but don´t worry, it was just a joke

Feb 16, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
Mkim said:
Do it and tell noone

noone will know
Great thanks and I'll have to restart the section my card was in since I had to leave

Also, will the card designer be revealed along with the anime and characters or will just the Anime & characters be revealed?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (September 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Sep 5

11 by ScaryOwl »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

» Best Profile Design (August 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Sep 5

7 by AdamAngel »»
Sep 7, 11:37 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (August 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Aug 22

15 by Lumi »»
Aug 31, 5:00 PM

» Best Profile Design (June 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Jul 1

5 by AdamAngel »»
Aug 18, 10:39 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (August 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Aug 1

6 by KarenShirotori »»
Aug 16, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.