Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
Third time trying. I need a recommendation for challenge #59. I would prefer something not too long, and preferably not tagged with horror.
Jan 7, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2016
Lixaxy said:
Third time trying. I need a recommendation for challenge #59. I would prefer something not too long, and preferably not tagged with horror.
Oh im sorry i thought some got you, i will give you a rec in a second.
Okay i recommend watching White Album 2. This anime seems to be right up your ally ^_^ again sorry about that, i saw your previous post but i guess i skimmed right over them.
Jan 7, 2017 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
Sojin said:
MegaJeffsta said:
random question: would rewatching a series be allowed to act as finishing one of the challenges, as long as that anime you are rewatching fulfils a challenge's specifications?
The point of the challenge is to watch and explore new anime therefore re watching an anime would not count.

Oh okay. thanks! i was just curious, (i wasnt planning to rewatch anyway)
Jan 7, 2017 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
@Sojin thanks for the answer, it helped =)
also the "Fuuka" part is supposed to come in blue or in the "watching" color from the legend? (already found a place for fuuka, 69 one word anime name lol)

also for challenges

for example 35. Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members...do i need to find an old unpopular anime, or does a new seasonal count (since no one completed them yet)?
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 7, 2017 4:10 PM

Feb 2016
When on the bingo card says "free" does that mean we can choose a random anime we want to watch, or a random number from the challenge list that is not on the ones that were picked by the pattern we choose?
Jan 7, 2017 4:12 PM

Dec 2015
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Can someone please recommend me something up to 12 episodes, thanks! :3
Jan 7, 2017 4:14 PM

Mar 2016
winddevil1 said:
@Sojin thanks for the answer, it helped =)
also the "Fuuka" part is supposed to come in blue or in the "watching" color from the legend? (already found a place for fuuka, 69 one word anime name lol)

also for challenges

for example 35. Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members...do i need to find an old unpopular anime, or does a new seasonal count (since no one completed them yet)?
Oh you got 35 as well, unlucky... I went and found an old unpopular anime with only 2,000 completed users. About the airing ones im not sure on that since once the show ends more than 5,000 people are going to put completed all at once soo... yea im not sure i would just go the safe route and find a old and unpopular anime.

GCosta08 said:
When on the bingo card says "free" does that mean we can choose a random anime we want to watch, or a random number from the challenge list that is not on the ones that were picked by the pattern we choose?
pick a challenge that was not on your bingo card that you would like to complete
Jan 7, 2017 4:15 PM

Mar 2016
A_StealthyGeko said:

Watch No Game No Life. well that was easy lol.
Jan 7, 2017 4:16 PM

Sep 2016
A_StealthyGeko said:

I think you might like these:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Lucky Star
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Jan 7, 2017 4:17 PM

Mar 2016
Phlippy said:
Okay, so I got a few questions regarding my Bingo list
4. Watch a Music type anime This means a music video, not an anime with the Music genre, right? For example this
24. Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more I finished Gintama° today, started it at 3rd January. Does this count, even tho I created this list after finishing the anime?
38. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender Love Live would fit this criteria, right?
43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field Shirobako Aoi Miyamori, professional anime creator. Does this count?
Yes to all your questions!

(30 character min)
Jan 7, 2017 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
Sojin said:
Lixaxy said:
Oh im sorry i thought some got you, i will give you a rec in a second.
Okay i recommend watching White Album 2. This anime seems to be right up your ally ^_^ again sorry about that, i saw your previous post but i guess i skimmed right over them.

It's ok, thanks for giving me the recommendation. I've heard many good things about White Album 2.
Jan 7, 2017 4:23 PM

Jun 2016
Looking for a recommendation for challenge #59, please look through my MAL, I would like to watch an anime I have not seen before. Just click on Charlotte image in my signature for my MAL.
Bury Tomorrow - Black Flame

Forum set by SenpieX
Jan 7, 2017 4:25 PM

Jun 2016
This is my first year doing the challenge. Sorry if someone has already asked this before. What do you do if a title fits in more than one category?
Jan 7, 2017 4:27 PM

Mar 2016
Jumpierwolf0960 said:
This is my first year doing the challenge. Sorry if someone has already asked this before. What do you do if a title fits in more than one category?
You cannot use the same anime for multiple challenges, so just pick which challenge you want it to count for.
Jan 7, 2017 4:34 PM

Feb 2015
OK, I have to watch an anime that began airing from 1960 to 1979, and I admittedly watch stuff from the 2000s and 2010s almost exclusively (with a few 90s stuff sprinkled in) so I have absolutely 0 knowledge on shows in that time period. I'm fine with watching some shitty 5 minute short if I have to but I wouldn't mind watching an actual show from those years. Do any of you guys know any good ones that aren't really long?
Jan 7, 2017 4:35 PM

Jun 2016
Phlippy said:
OGL_Spade said:
Looking for a recommendation for challenge #59, please look through my MAL, I would like to watch an anime I have not seen before. Just click on Charlotte image in my signature for my MAL.

Usagi Drop, Gi(a)rlish Number or Plastic Memories c:

Thanks for the recommendation, I have chosen Plastic Memories.
Bury Tomorrow - Black Flame

Forum set by SenpieX
Jan 7, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2015
Okay so a quick question, I've got a link to a certain message for the challenge, but I noticed the post numbers change as new people post. Does this mean that the url for the post I have (=postnumber) will become a link to a different post at some point?
Jan 7, 2017 4:42 PM

Mar 2016
A_StealthyGeko said:
Okay so a quick question, I've got a link to a certain message for the challenge, but I noticed the post numbers change as new people post. Does this mean that the url for the post I have (=postnumber) will become a link to a different post at some point?
no it will not change regardless if new people post in the discussion.
Jan 7, 2017 4:47 PM
May 2015
Can I get some recommendations pretty please? ;w;

43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth
Jan 7, 2017 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
Sojin said:

It has, I am using your recommendation (Thank you btw) which 'was' post #423. However now that post has changed to #422, so now the link takes me to the next post along. How can I get a link that doesn't need changing?
Jan 7, 2017 4:54 PM

Sep 2013
A_StealthyGeko said:
Sojin said:

It has, I am using your recommendation (Thank you btw) which 'was' post #423. However now that post has changed to #422, so now the link takes me to the next post along. How can I get a link that doesn't need changing?

This can only happen if someone deletes their comment. In this case there is nothing that you can do concerning the changing numbers.
Jan 7, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2016
Subatomicmeow said:

44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

44. Maybe Michiko to Hatchin or Baccano! could be useful?
Jan 7, 2017 4:59 PM

Dec 2015
delija9091 said:

This can only happen if someone deletes their comment. In this case there is nothing that you can do concerning the changing numbers.

So when it asks for the link to the recommendation post, what should I do? Or can I quote it or something?
Jan 7, 2017 5:01 PM

Sep 2013
A_StealthyGeko said:
delija9091 said:

So when it asks for the link to the recommendation post, what should I do? Or can I quote it or something?

The easiest way would be a screenshot that you post online (on imgur or a similar site) unless you want to search the post when you turn your challenge in.
Jan 7, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2009
Jumpierwolf0960 said:

like others said you have to choose only one category.
but for example if it's a show that has 2 seasons and you watched both this year, you can use 1 season for one category and the other season for another category that it fits! because they have 2 different entries/pages :)

A_StealthyGeko said:
delija9091 said:

i'd link both the post and a screenshot just to be safe
Jan 7, 2017 5:06 PM
May 2015
Kamidox said:
Subatomicmeow said:

44. Maybe Michiko to Hatchin or Baccano! could be useful?

Those both sound great c: thank you!
Jan 7, 2017 5:09 PM

Nov 2013
66. Watch an anime suggested by Anime+ or by MAL - link to a screen shot

it suggested a season 2 of gochuumon wa usagi desu ga probably because i have season 1 on plan to watch

would season 1 work for this or would i need to watch both seasons?
(after watching s1 i would probably go watch s2 but just wondering)
winddevil1Jan 7, 2017 5:13 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 7, 2017 5:09 PM

May 2009
Subatomicmeow said:

for #43 and seen in your ptw, how about shirobako?
Jan 7, 2017 5:14 PM

Apr 2009
So if I understand the rules correctly, we can still change our difficulty and pattern picks as the year goes on?
Does this also hold for the extra restrictions for the "Master of..." title?
Jan 7, 2017 5:19 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
24. Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more:

Anybody know of any good ones to fit this one?
Jan 7, 2017 5:29 PM

Jan 2017
AkiKitazawa said:
Stupid question maybe but do rewatches count? Or must they be all new?
Example, it's been years since I watched Trigun, but if I want to watch it again, can I let it count for any of my challenges?

The idea of the challenge is to use new anime.... but if you wish to re-watch something it has to be completely watched during the year.

OneDerpian said:
Hellow :3
I have a question regarding challenge number 58: It says,
--For the following items, the anime should have a total duration of 16 minutes or more.--
And I want to go for the kids, magic anime Fastening Days
It consists of 2 episodes wich are 10 minutes each, does this anime qualify for this challenge?

Since it has 2 episodes of 10 minutes, that makes the total duration of 20 minutes, which is more than 16 minutes. So yes, you can use that.

Lestat- said:
Is it permitted to change the font-size one tick smaller for the duration of the challenge (as the length of the sentences will otherwise cause them to jump to the next line and it will look cluttered), and change it back to the normal size once it is up for review? This is much for my own sanity, as I cannot bear to look at visual inconsistencies.
Like this. I have been using this size for my previous challenge as well, and there were no comments on it whatsoever.

As long as you don't make it smaller, for that one is okay

Paulo27 said:
I'm more wondering how you do things because I'm turning
[*][color=GRAY][Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>][/color] <##>. <Item Text>: [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/<id_num>][color=<legend_color>]<anime_title>[/color][/url]

to
[*][color=GRAY][Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>][/color] [color=red]<##>. <Item Text>: [url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/<id_num>][b]<anime_title>[/b][/url][/color]
And I wanna know if this breaks a potential automated system you have to verify things.

That change it's okay

TheElevenTails said:
Quick question, can I use the alternate English titles when editing the challenges?

(and @Punkero) As stated in the rules, no. You should use the name as it appears in the anime page.

Lolsebca said:
I'm supposed to complete the 70th challenge :
Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope

I clicked once on random trope and I went to this page :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlantAliens
From all the anime listed here, it standed out :
[...]

Does this mean I'm allowed to watch any Pokemon show about grass-type Pokemon? Such as Pokemon movie?
Also it was mentionned in the challenge list : '- unless a specific title/anime is referenced, you can use any from the franchise mentioned. If the page says that the trope/examples shouldn't be used as one it won't be valid.'

Any Pokemon title since the reference was in general.

-Lorraine- said:
62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed

Can this be an anime that hasn't started airing yet? And then I watch it when it starts airing.

If when you start watching it, it doesn't has one, then you can use it.

DarkFaerie said:
So for the challenge I got 65: "Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username". I was planning on making my restriction Slice of Life only. However, none of the predictive results contained Slice of Life when I entered my username and the only way I'd get a SOL is if I did "View all results". However, the criteria specifically says that you can't use "View all results". What do I do in this situation?

If you complete the challenge with that restriction, for that particular item you can include a screenshot and a note that explains that and why you went for the "view all"

Kel said:
For entries in the challenge, do I need to have a start and end date on the anime in my list (on my profile)?
Akarin said:
Is it necessary to specify "Started" and "Finished" dates in the challenges list, or is it completely optional?

If it's outside the challenge thread it doesn't matter. If it's the challenge list in the thread, the dates have to be there

Droso said:
I set myself a restriction to only watch TV anime this challenge. Since my favourite studio is Kyoto Animation, for the challenge "Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio'' should I consider the 5 lowest TV series or do I need to switch studios?
Thanks in advance

If that's your restriction then yes, count only TV type

Ermidokan said:

72. Watch an anime that you can finish in one day

Considering the fact that I one-shot anime during the night (9PM -> 3AM) can we say it's done in one day ?
[Jan 07 to Jan 08] FREE : 72. Watch an anime that you can finish in one day : Himouto! Umaru-chan ✔

Since it's under 24 hours it should be alrgiht. Just make sure to include the notes for the hours

Stacys__Mom said:
Hello! I was going for Emperor with Master of Sci-Fi as my restriction. I noticed that there are no Sci-Fi anime made between 1917 and 1959. I also noticed that the "TV Types Only" restriction mentioned that breaking the rule was OK for #14. Would the same be the case for Sci-Fi?

I will add this as a note over there so (if you go with this type of restriction and there are no tagged anime for #14, you can use one of the genres it has as partners in the challenge list { items 49 to 58 }. For example, a Sci-Fi restriction can use anime tagged Fantasy, Sci-Fi and/or Supernatural for that item)

@PrOxAnto looks good except that you removed the numbered list --> [ list=1 ]
try to leave that, please

@Kamidox Asuka is from Germany so she counts

A_StealthyGeko said:

As others said they will keep changing if the people who post keeps erasing their comments here. I recommend that when you want to get the link, you should press the post number. For example that post of yours is currently #434. when I press the number it gives me this link
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=400#msg49249015
that link, even if the post change numbers, will keep linking to it (confusing?) It won't work if the post changes pages but that's something easy to fix

RulenneClarissa said:
So if I understand the rules correctly, we can still change our difficulty and pattern picks as the year goes on?
Does this also hold for the extra restrictions for the "Master of..." title?

Yes, as long it's before turning-in

(Hope I didn't miss anyone D:)

Thanks @Sojin (I keep seeing you here the most) and everyone that takes some of their time to help fellow participants

Also thanks to both @Fresh_Mint and @Astia for the banners~ Will add them now

(^_^)/
Jan 7, 2017 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
@AWC_Mod Thank you! I'll try for the extra challenge then :)
Jan 7, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
I have a cooouple questions about a few of the challenges:

Challenge #26 (anime that has been adapted to live action): just to clarify, we have to watch the original anime, yes? Not the live action adaptation of it?

Challenge #21 (broadcast on a weekend): it doesn't have to be airing this year on a weekend, right? It can be an anime that has already finished airing?

Challenge #68 (number in its title): it says a cardinal or roman number? What is a cardinal number, exactly? o.O Do you just mean it has to be written either like 2 or II in the title, for example, but not two?

Challenge #59 (recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread): can someone recommend one to me please? Preferably something short (13 episodes or less). I like school/romance/slice of life/thriller/psychological/sci-fi. I don't really care for harem or ecchi.
Jan 7, 2017 6:26 PM

Sep 2016
Talim said:
I have a cooouple questions about a few of the challenges:

Challenge #26 (anime that has been adapted to live action): just to clarify, we have to watch the original anime, yes? Not the live action adaptation of it?

Challenge #21 (broadcast on a weekend): it doesn't have to be airing this year on a weekend, right? It can be an anime that has already finished airing?

Challenge #68 (number in its title): it says a cardinal or roman number? What is a cardinal number, exactly? o.O Do you just mean it has to be written either like 2 or II in the title, for example, but not two?

Challenge #59 (recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread): can someone recommend one to me please? Preferably something short (13 episodes or less). I like school/romance/slice of life/thriller/psychological/sci-fi. I don't really care for harem or ecchi.

26: yes
21: yes
68: a cardinal number is simply a number expressed in a, uh, numerical way (2, 3, etc)
Jan 7, 2017 6:42 PM

Jul 2016
For challenge #59 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread): could someone recommend anime to me please? Maybe psychological, sci-fi, or sports anime.
Jan 7, 2017 6:44 PM
Jan 2012
Having trouble figuring out what to use for:
42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese
if anyone has any suggestions.
Jan 7, 2017 6:50 PM

Sep 2016
BlackLotus1851 said:
For challenge #59 (Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread): could someone recommend anime to me please? Maybe psychological, sci-fi, or sports anime.

Maybe you would like Kyoukai no Kanata, Kiznaiver or Haikyuu!!
Jan 7, 2017 6:53 PM
Jun 2015
I will need an anime recommended to me in the challenge discussion thread and an anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on my sign up page.
Jan 7, 2017 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
1234cuddles said:
Having trouble figuring out what to use for:
42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese
if anyone has any suggestions.

For 44 they included a blog link on the challenge https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=785324
It could also be used for 42 to some extent or conversely you could also use any of the options listed here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForeignExchangeStudent just make sure they're listed as "Main" on the MAL page before using it though. There are also a few links in the description that might add some different options.
For 43 it just has to be a person in a profession by the sound of it, so Servant x Service, Shirobako, Fune wo Amu, New Game, Udon no Kiniro no Kemari, and Bartender are the first examples that come to mind.
Jan 7, 2017 7:01 PM

Dec 2013
SLMOE said:
I will need an anime recommended to me in the challenge discussion thread and an anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on my sign up page.

Give Fuujin Monogatari a try. It's wonderful.
Jan 7, 2017 7:11 PM
Mar 2015
Is type and genre the same thing?

Ex. 4. Watch a Music type anime

Does this mean Music genre? Or cover anime like Shelter?
Jan 7, 2017 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
leguchi said:

Tags are usually used to refer to genre in the challenge descriptions.
Type refers to I think format might be the best way to say it (Ie. TV Series, Movie, OVA, ONA, Music).
So yeah Shelter would be an example
Jan 7, 2017 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
GamerDLM said:
leguchi said:

Type refers to I think format might be the best way to say it (Ie. TV Series, Movie, OVA, ONA, Music).

Wait I'm doing a "master of" with the TV type.

So for this Music one do I just watch a music video as I don't think there is a "TV series/Music video" in the same thing?

Or do I have to watch a TV series that's about music? Like K-on?

Also, if anyone knows. With the TV Type challenge it is literally ANYTHING that's listed as TV? Or is there like a duration cap on it too?
Jan 7, 2017 7:27 PM

May 2012
Hi ! Looking for some recommendations please :) Any genre accepted tho I'd rather it to be short (watchable within a day). (Challenge #59)
AngelShivaJan 7, 2017 8:46 PM
Jan 7, 2017 7:31 PM
Jun 2015
I don't get #37. What do they mean by your sign up page? Comments on my profile? The sign up thread?

Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page - state the username and their initial post number
Advanced495Jan 7, 2017 7:38 PM
Jan 7, 2017 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Rojo said:
GamerDLM said:

So for this Music one do I just watch a music video as I don't think there is a "TV series/Music video" in the same thing?

Also, if anyone knows. With the TV Type challenge it is literally ANYTHING that's listed as TV? Or is there like a duration cap on it too?

On the note for the restriction I believe it says that challenges that specify a specific type are also exempt.
Edit: I checked and this was added under the TV type restriction specifically:
TV types only restriction (unless otherwise stated in the item; item #14 is exempted as well)
Jan 7, 2017 7:39 PM

Feb 2012
Are we allowed to rewatch old favorites for some entries? Like, restart from ep 1 of something we've seen before and watch all the way thru again?
【潔く カッコよく 生きて行こう...】
LET'S GO ON LIVING, BRAVELY & WITH STYLE...
Jan 7, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
GamerDLM said:
Rojo said:

On the note for the restriction I believe it says that challenges that specify a specific type are also exempt.
Edit: I checked and this was added under the TV type restriction specifically:
TV types only restriction (unless otherwise stated in the item; item #14 is exempted as well)

Oh right okay think I got it. Thanks for the help.

@SLMOE Pick someone off the page you signed up on. Go to the anime list and watch an anime that they have rated highly.

Then in your post when you list the anime. State that users name and the post number of their sign up post.

@coolangelsthesis afraid not with that. Unless there is a challenge that says "re-watch an anime you've seen before", like they had last year, then it's not allowed.
RojoJan 7, 2017 7:43 PM
Jan 7, 2017 7:40 PM

Jul 2016
Kamidox said:
BlackLotus1851 said:

Maybe you would like Kyoukai no Kanata, Kiznaiver or Haikyuu!!

oke, thanks dude.

leguchi said:

Type and genre are different.
Music type like shelter.
Music genre like shigatsu wa kimi no uso.
Jan 7, 2017 8:07 PM

Aug 2016
Are you allowed to use anime that was already on your Plan to Watch list?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Wait, there is more? (anime that were connected to or had related entries that you didn't know about)

APolygons2 - 12 hours ago

22 by Kruszer »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Who was better at handling anime for Saturday Morning: Fox Kids or Kids WB?

funtime43_tr - 8 hours ago

3 by RumpelstiltskinX »»
32 minutes ago

» A very personal question

passtur - 1 hour ago

4 by wizdom224 »»
37 minutes ago

» What's your favorite anime OST?

Gashadokur0 - 6 hours ago

25 by Kruszer »»
45 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 11

66 by BlueBullet178 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.