Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 7, 2017 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
Adibash said:
what happen to the 1-hour first ep?
Probably live action.
Jan 7, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2009
Paulo27 said:
Adibash said:
what happen to the 1-hour first ep?
Probably live action.

It was exactly this, show with seiyuus.

Jan 7, 2017 4:47 PM

Sep 2014
Very adorable show overall, and has a nice feel to it. I'd say my only problem is I got a little bored for about 3-4 minutes halfway through the episode, but it picked up after that.
Jan 7, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 2007
bastek66 said:
Fai said:
People trying to compare this to trash like monmusu literally are making me depressed. there are literally zero similarities.

Blame retards who decided title it Interviews with MONSTERGIRLS when they are demi-humans.

Not only that but doesn't literally calling them "monstergirls" kind of go against the anti-discrimination message within the show itself?

Since there's nothing really "MONSTER" about them.
Naming the show "Interview with Monstergirls" sounds kind of contradictory to the very message of the manga.
AhenshihaelJan 7, 2017 5:00 PM
Jan 7, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2015
This was a great first episode. It looks very interesting and fun. I really like the characters. They are interesting too. The reaction of the succubus was funny. The OP looks so cool with the pop-up book. Looking forward to learn more about them.
Jan 7, 2017 5:13 PM

Jun 2014
Vocabulary Word of the Day: Succubus. --quick google search. ohhhhhhhh....

i enjoyed the crayon piano part of the ED.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lJan 7, 2017 5:30 PM
Jan 7, 2017 5:56 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was very down-to-earth which i really liked, just the fact that a ''demi'' story will get told in a down-to-earth manner, it's really intriguing.

Hikari is very sweet already, god damn.

The succubus teacher seems like much fun, too.

Also seeing Dulla-chan having to deal with the awkwardness of people staring at her weirdly is logical, i would like to see more of that aspect definitely. More logical interactions between humans and demi.
Jan 7, 2017 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Really enjoyed the it! I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of the OP and having it at the very beginning of the first episode kind of dropped my expectation for a minute thirty, but man that definitely turned around by the end! Cant wait for the next episode!
Jan 7, 2017 7:00 PM

Dec 2016
Looks pretty good so far, of course not the only monster girl anime I have watched but this is fine being completely different.

I really like Hikari, she is very energetic, positive and looks like a lot of fun to be around with, also she can suck my blood any time she wants.
Jan 7, 2017 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
This was leaps and bounds better than I was expecting. I didn't feel like there was anything that stood out that made this episode (series) exceptional, but I was thoroughly entertained the entire way through. This is all I could ask for. I have come to expect something from this series after 1 episode, and that is no small feat.
Jan 7, 2017 7:18 PM

Dec 2014
well that was nice to watch...I liked the premise so far
Jan 7, 2017 7:25 PM

Jun 2013
This was fun. I like Hikari already. She's quite the fun and cute girl. Lol the succubus teacher. And that dulahan girl. Lol when Hikari had Machi send in only her body to scare the crap out of the sensei. They're having fun with their specialness.

I thought that there might be an issue of discrimination here with there being blood sucking vampires and all. But these demis are accepted in society. Everyone's cool with them. Like those girls talking with Machi without freaking out over how the head is on table. There will probably be things like how their specialness restricts them in some things, like how Machi can't travel by bus, and how the succubus sensei has to work so hard to control her sexual desires, and how Hikari has to occasionally control her desire to bite someone's neck for blood. There's this weird logic they've got going with how it is entirely possible for one twin to be a vampire and the other a normal human. This probably means Machi's family has their heads attached to their bodies. If they become more than cute monster girls being cute then this might end up being something more than a mere CGDCT show. Will there be some romance though? I hope not.
Jan 7, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
my favorite so far from this season
Jan 7, 2017 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Also a thing that I would want to ask.

Am I the only one that likes the ending song more than it's Opening? I dunno, been putting that on repeat recently and it's just pretty nice to listen to.
Jan 7, 2017 8:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really liked this and the characters are so much fun too!
Jan 7, 2017 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
i'm really torn between dullahan-chan and succubus-chan

Hikari looks very fun to talk to.

i really like this.
Jan 7, 2017 8:35 PM
May 2016
It was fun to watch. Introduction of the characters are done well. Lighthearted OP and ED.

I guess the interviews willl kinda dealing with discrimination of the demi-humans, understanding of their half non-human nature, and building indiscriminate relationship between humans and demi-humans. I really liking the show so far.

Looking forward for more episodes.
Jan 7, 2017 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
excited for this series and so far no complaints this was adapted really well from the manga
Jan 7, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
This was unexpectedly good, i actually enjoyed it very much.
But guys am i the one who thinks that this is a sequel to Ajin? xD In the past season we got an anime where Ajins are enemies but in the end of the 2nd season they win and are "free to live", so this is it's sequel xD Satou did his job!
#SatouFoughtForFreedom #MyAjin #GoodJob #3rdSeasonOfAjin

But now seriously, i enjoyed the 1st episode and i hope that the rest of the anime will be even funnier.
I bet that vampire girl will ask her teacher if she can bite him/taste his blood xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 7, 2017 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
I think I found my funny uplifting show for the season.

I've got my first question for Machi-san. How do you eat?
Jan 7, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
Super enjoyable start!
Darkhorse of the season perhaps.
Jan 7, 2017 10:00 PM

Apr 2011
Such a cute and relaxing monster girl anime. The script and animation and voice acting are great making the characters come to life and have more personality in it.

I find myself smiling towards the end especially on how sweet the ending song is. This is my adorable and chill anime this season.
Jan 7, 2017 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
That was really cute and heartwarming. The characters are likeable especially vampire-chan. Love the ED too~
Jan 7, 2017 10:30 PM

Jul 2016
Very fun first episode, Hikari is an amusing character and I like her voice. Good OP and ED animation and audio well-suited for the mood.

Its a very soothing show, hype for the next episode.
Jan 7, 2017 10:37 PM

May 2016
This reminded me of Poco-chan in Udon no Kuni no Kiniro.
Jan 7, 2017 10:39 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Personally, as someone who has yet to have read the manga, I feel as though this pilot episode on its own was really quite enjoyable. I liked just about every character introduced and their individual personalities, the whole concept seemed pretty funny and interesting for that matter. Even the OP was pretty cool, I feel like I'll get into this series, especially with the expressive animation. Funny thing is, I walked into this with entrance level expectations, and yet left wanting more.
It's probably an ignorant statement, but it kind of lets off a very mild monster musume no iru nichijou vibe for me, just with better potential from what I've watched, imo.
Jan 7, 2017 10:40 PM

Sep 2015
I really enjoyed this first episode. I like the fact that the protagonist in this anime is a teacher rather than just a typical student. The whole concept of the plot is quite intriguing and I'm looking forward to future plot developments! (I haven't read the manga yet)
Jan 7, 2017 11:27 PM
Aug 2011
I had no expectations and the fact that I generally hate A-1 made that even worse, but I gave it a try regardless and was pleasantly surprised!

All the girls seem really likeable, the dialogue comes off as rather natural with a nice amount of wit (I expected more inane cutesy blabber).
Jan 8, 2017 12:17 AM
Jan 2009
Characteristics of Vampire

Pros:

1. Superhuman Strenght < - Not Existant
2. Changing in Bats or Mist. <- Not Confirmed
3. Superhuman Regeneration <- Not Confirmed

Cons.
1: Drinking Blood <- doesn't have to. Blood is only like Meat.
2. Weak to sunlight < Sunlight is only Nuisance.

I refuse to call this girl Vampire. Disease that leave you with Hemoglobine deficiency and the fact that you don't like Sun don't make you bloody vampire.

She is adorable though . So it doesn't really matter that much.
Jan 8, 2017 1:30 AM

Jul 2007
Isshin said:

I refuse to call this girl Vampire. Disease that leave you with Hemoglobine deficiency and the fact that you don't like Sun don't make you bloody vampire.

That's literally the point.
Jan 8, 2017 2:16 AM

Nov 2013
Mascera said:
Hhmm, talking about "demi-human". So basically it's like Monmusu's Inter-species exchange culture or something like that but less lewd stuff and more school-related activity, I guess?

Pretty much. Only that they are humans with unique traits/differences instead of other species.

I really like it so far. Somehow it reminds me of Yuyushiki, only with supernatural girls.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 8, 2017 3:10 AM

May 2015
I'm not gonna lie, that was a pretty cute episode. I'll definitely stick around for more.
Jan 8, 2017 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm i like it though.

We have interviews which is nice. And the lighthearted exchange during the interview.

Character design not amazing but story get by.
Jan 8, 2017 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
LukesYGOonYT said:
I really like Hikari, she is very energetic, positive and looks like a lot of fun to be around with, also she can suck my blood any time she wants.

Right?! Girls should aim to be like Hikari. The world would be a nicer place.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 8, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2016
I honestly do not care about how this was adapted itself, but instead how it was presented and how it works own its own. To me, I fairly enjoyed this calming first episode, I had a couple laughs, and that's all I need to keep watching. :)
Jan 8, 2017 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
wow it surprisingly good for first episode, so far i didn't find annoyed characters, and so much enjoying when watching it, absolutely waiting for next episode.....
Jan 8, 2017 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
The first episode seems to be interesting and fun. Can't wait for more! ^^
Right now it's 8/10 way to go.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jan 8, 2017 5:50 AM

May 2015
The character introductions happened too quickly. I wonder if that has any relevance to the story. I do like how honest the characters are; the less obvious 'demis' didn't try to hide their identities.
Jan 8, 2017 6:02 AM
Jan 2017
Isshin said:
Characteristics of Vampire

Pros:

1. Superhuman Strenght < - Not Existant
2. Changing in Bats or Mist. <- Not Confirmed
3. Superhuman Regeneration <- Not Confirmed

Cons.
1: Drinking Blood <- doesn't have to. Blood is only like Meat.
2. Weak to sunlight < Sunlight is only Nuisance.

She is adorable though . So it doesn't really matter that much.

that's exactly what i think. i hope the other girl is a bit more monster-like, both physically and mentally. but hikari looks interested to try MC's blood, i have a feeling she still hiding something and i hope so
someone26Jan 8, 2017 6:20 AM
Jan 8, 2017 6:21 AM

Jul 2015
Ahhhhh! Ever since Servant x Service I really wanted A-1 to make an anime with an adorable megane. <3

Jan 8, 2017 6:38 AM
May 2014
About the people complaining about the tone of the anime compared to the manga, I understand the concern, but I am not too sure I would have been hooked to this unless it was this cheery and heartwarming.
One can always read the manga later but you need to capture the audience first and this tone will do so for a wide variety.
I wouldnt mind the tone not changing since I prefer lighter shows anyway.
Jan 8, 2017 6:45 AM

Oct 2012
Seems more normal and more interesting than I expected.
Jan 8, 2017 8:29 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely the strongest first episode of the season and the girls are all so cute. Also, kudos to the director, the scene where sensei and Hikari were talking about love and sexual impulses was superbly done, it actually felt like an honest and genuine conversation between an adult and a kid, and not just some "SENSEI NO ECCHI" shit thrown in for good measure. Good stuff.
Jan 8, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
someone26 said:

that's exactly what i think. i hope the other girl is a bit more monster-like, both physically and mentally. but hikari looks interested to try MC's blood, i have a feeling she still hiding something and i hope so

Again that would literally defeat the point of the show.

They are not "monsters". Beyond issues they face and etc, they are simply people with a condition.
The only "monsters" exist in the heads of intolerant people who push others into over-exaggerated stereotypes instead of accepting others being a bit different.
Jan 8, 2017 10:33 AM
Oct 2010
When he pointed out her blood sucking description was a bit erotic and she questioned herself that was pretty funny.
Jan 8, 2017 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
So much better than monmusu.
Jan 8, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
that was really good
Jan 8, 2017 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
Really good first episode, looks like this is gonna be a good one.
Looks like hot and/or cute monster girls are becoming a trend now...a trend that can continue forever if you ask me.
Jan 8, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
Okay ep, the designs look a bit bland for some characters.
The yuri blood drinking scene was the best :)

Jan 8, 2017 12:54 PM

Jul 2015
Oh baby, I found the manga like 2 weeks ago, read all of it in 2 days only because I began reading it at night, fell in love, and while scrolling through the comments, found out there was an anime coming this season. Got freaking hyped for this immediately.

Can't say I like the opening theme that much, it was pretty good but nothing special, but I really like the visuals for it. I can tell I'm absolutely going to love this anime. In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and give this a 10/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

94 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 8, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.