Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending if you ask me, somewhere I already started to think it was something like that, but in general I really liked the overall concept and setting of this anime as it was quite hilarious and random!

All in all a great marathon watch I must say and for once a great recommendation by the MAL suggestions!
Mar 22, 2017 2:44 AM

Jun 2011
That was a whole lot of cringe! I really don't like how writers always attempt to go serious when it's clear that the story was meant to be a satire/comedy. The concept of the series was nice, but the script was terrible, the characters speak too much and were far too annoying. A lot of perverted jokes which coincidentally were also in the previous anime I just watched. What's with Japan and their perverted jokes? It ain't funny most of the time.

The ending though, there's far too many flashback for someone in their dream, and dream within a dream with the dream-ception.

Moa Tsukino also did a terrible voice acting job on Min-chan, she's trying but some of her voice just didn't go through and felt really unnatural. You can tell she's a complete newbie.

Nice chinese-ish ending theme though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2017 2:47 AM

Dec 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
What's with Japan and their perverted jokes?

I think you meant China*.
May 30, 2017 12:30 PM
Nov 2016
Really recommend you guys to watch the original version, which is the Chinese version, the ending is much better and touching.
Feb 6, 2018 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
Meh....lousy ending and a mediocre series.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 19, 2018 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
Thought the last episodes were a let down but overall a fun short series. Now hoping To Be Heroine will be good.
Oct 23, 2018 12:35 PM

May 2018
He was in a coma this whole time? And, he ended up fat in the end anyway. I guess he was eating well during his recuperation. Wonder if he's still working 8 part-time jobs.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 12, 2019 7:06 AM

Jul 2016
chinese version is better
BXIISC said:
Copied from reddit:

I heared that most audiences in Europe and America kept watching the Japanses version of this anime and felt confused about the ending, I suggest you guys to watch the Chinese version of episode12(if someone put a english sub version on Youtube),because in Japanese version,they delated lots of clips juest to fit the time limit of their TV broadcasting requirements(about 5 minutes),they even made a new ending to make it looks not that weird,but that ending almost completly changed the final them of this anime,in the initial Chinese version, the father got ill for a long time(almost died for that)in the real world because of doing to much jobs at the same time(even selling sex for some rich women),just to repay the bills that caused by one of his colleague who betrayed him for money.And he was always making a dream about saving his family (especialy his daugther)during this period of time,fighting against the evil who never spend time with his family and only cares about business(which is another part of him),and finally succeed and woke up again in the real world,living with his daughter again but became a fat guy because of eating too much for recovering his health(still happy ending).

In the end of Chinese version,the director(Chinese) expressed that this anime is an apology letter to his daughter,for he has been spending the whole time making anime and don't have the time for their relationship

I hope this will help you to undersdand the story better and I just hope that I didn't make too much language mistakes,I 'm just a Chinese senior hign school student who love this anime.
that explains it thanks,
Apr 24, 2019 2:32 AM

Oct 2015
Loved the message carried by this anime.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 27, 2020 4:29 AM

Nov 2009
One of the best shorts I've seen, 8/10. Curious to check out their other work
Jul 27, 2021 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
The last episoes were kinda weak which actually made me lower my score. Anyway, it was a wild ride with extremely funny jokes (for the most part). If I ever rewatch it, I'll watch the Chinese version which has more content. 7/10
Aug 9, 2021 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
I thought I'd like it more, but it got a little stale too quickly for my liking. 6/10.
Dec 18, 2021 12:31 AM

Nov 2019
The show was a disappointment from the first episode but it is one of the closest series to OPM. Lots of meme references as well as adult jokes littered throughout the show though.
Feb 10, 3:43 PM

May 2021
The authors reason behind this was pretty cute
Wasn’t expecting a full on fight scene
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 10 Discussion

Mascera - Dec 7, 2016

27 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 3:34 PM

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2016

44 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 3:07 PM

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 3 Discussion

PhylloNakamura - Oct 19, 2016

44 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 3:03 PM

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

99 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 2:35 PM

» To Be Hero Mandarin with subs

gprime70 - Jan 14, 2023

0 by gprime70 »»
Jan 14, 2023 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.