Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 2, 2012 8:38 AM

Apr 2011
loved watching every second of this show it was amazing from the start till the end 10/10
I really hope they make a season 3.
Jul 13, 2012 11:35 AM

May 2012
Great episode with great ending for the anime! Wished there would be a Third Season Though! 9/10
Jul 14, 2012 7:59 PM
Apr 2012
is it mean or did this leave you wanting more? kinda feels like they cut it off to short
Jul 15, 2012 12:44 PM
Dec 2009
Onyxthegreat said:
This was great. Ahikisa and Minami pairing was really sweet. Man, Miharu chasing after them looked scarier than any ghost there! Shame they didn't make it far though. In the end the pairs got shuffled and Yuuji and Akihisa ended up as the remaining pair. Their tactic was good though. Because of their low scores they used the surroundings to their advantage.

Even though I'm a Minami supporter, I was kinda glad to see Mizuki also get some time with Akihisa. At least now he knows what both of them feel for him. Still no conclusion to the romance though. The love triangle is still present. I really hope for season three to finally clear that up, but I doubt it'll have a conclusion.

Nice ED too. The whole cast joined the chase throughout it! :P

Overall a great second season with many funny and sweet episodes, although I didn't find it as good as the first season. The whole peeping/blackmailing arc went on for far too long and I was a little frustrated about how they handled the romance. Therefore I'll give it an 8/10.

Yeah and I even like the part where Akihisa gets flusterred a bit from Minami's charm.

Aug 4, 2012 8:05 AM

Sep 2010
lol HEAD SHOT!

9/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 29, 2012 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
Damn that was left wide open there at the end, there better be third season someday. 9/10.
Oct 6, 2012 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
There really wasn't any love triangle at all, very few mizuki and aki moments compared to minami and aki and i was a minami fan until ep 9....i can't stand girls that act like that, cant say it was funny like the first one, think they tried too hard to form a serious story when they made the series known to be a comedy/parody one, 6/10, a major step down from the 1st season i'll reconsider the score if they made a 3rd season, if they leave it wide open, then s2 is a bigger disappointment then Haganai was....and that was bad

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 29, 2012 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
I was disappointed with this. I'd give it a 7/10.

Besides the backstory episodes, this whole season felt like filler to me, and by that, I mean I thought it was less funny and of lower quality than the first season. Some jokes got so tired that they were annoying, and most episodes were boring and uninteresting. I almost didn't like watching it.
Dec 13, 2012 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
All in all, a good but not great season. It had too many filler arcs packed with fanservice and overused running gags to the point that you start to wonder what happened to all the originality and well-done jokes from the first season. There's a fine line in using a running gag well and just running it through the ground until you want to gouge your eyes out (okay, it wasn't that bad!).

And while other episodes finally added some much needed character development, it went way too far ahead and tossed aside all the light-hearted comedy that Baka to Test is known for, straying more for some awfully contrived melodrama. While the drama in these episodes were decent by themselves, it was in no way suitable for such a light-hearted series that doesn't really take itself seriously (in a good way). What makes Baka great is how well it mixes in both slapstick comedy and some light-hearted romance, not how it flip-flops from brainless redundant comedy to serious melodrama per episode.

Taking away the mediocre filler arcs and the unsuited melodrama episodes, I did like the rest (which isn't much left), such as this 2-episode haunted house arc, as it made for a pretty satisfying conclusion to the season.
Dec 16, 2012 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
amazing series, hopes there is a season 3, so funny :3
Jan 16, 2013 4:57 AM
Dec 2012
Very good ending to a very good series..
I'm gonna miss this show.
Hope there's gonna be a season 3.
WHOO!! Himeji x Akihisa <3 (Minami is okay too.)
Shimizu x Kubo = O_______O
Jan 18, 2013 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
I liked this season a lot more, nice to see the characters in a little more depth and a little development between the main ones. I liked the Himeji x Akihisa in this one and I was worried that the show would lose it all together with Minami and all.
Jan 22, 2013 6:05 AM
Jan 2013
Ehh... anyway, I think so pair "Akihisa + Minami" is more better than "Akihisa + Himeji"...

But Akihisa... how can ya be as "baka"??? Two girls loves you! You can't tumble to that? Fools are lucky...
Feb 3, 2013 5:20 AM

Aug 2012
Season 3 please!!!!!!!!
Mar 14, 2013 10:54 AM

Oct 2009
Nice ending i guess, i preferred the first season more..another season would be ok but they need to change it around and have some interesting things happen than the random girls beating up guys.

Drama eps were my fav.

6.8/10 = 7
Mar 24, 2013 9:50 AM

Aug 2012
DannySEN said:
Nice ending i guess, i preferred the first season more..another season would be ok but they need to change it around and have some interesting things happen than the random girls beating up guys.

Drama eps were my fav.

6.8/10 = 7

You are wierd.
Apr 3, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2007
I was gonna give this an overall 8, but the chase at the end bumped it up to 9. Hilarious!
May 18, 2013 5:54 AM

May 2013
My humor is weird, so I didn't find this series particularly funny. I never laughed out loud, just smiled a few times. I found it slightly comical how they kept calling hideyoshi a chick. Also small things like how they made the scenes try to be super serious while it was about something ridiculous- of course it was intentional. Overall thought a 7/10, if the ending was more conclusive or it made me laugh more I'd give it an 8. A 7 is for the quality of the anime itself. Maybe I should stay void of comedy? Oh well, I usually like to watch funny movies/shows, this is different I guess.
Jun 27, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2013
nice in ending ^_^ . really love for another season. :)
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jul 6, 2013 1:25 AM

May 2012
Hopefully they'll be a 3rd season eventually and Akihisa will make a choice now that he knows they both have feelings for him. 7/10

It wasn't quite as funny as I remember the first season being but idk my sense of humor might just be changing. The two other comedies I watched recently didn't have me laughing a huge amount either.
Jul 31, 2013 6:59 AM

May 2013
The series in general was funny, and entertained me, although the ending felt kinda weak. In episode 13, I loved seeing Yoshii and Yuuji one last time showing their kickass skills, and I'm hoping for a season 3. Overall this anime gets a 9.
Aug 9, 2013 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
I hope there will be a season 3 :( I REALLY HOPE! *wishes*
Aug 11, 2013 8:34 AM
Aug 2013
The second season wasn't as funny as the first in general BUT A lot more romantic which makes it better..

And the last episode made him realize that they love him so if there will be a third season he will have to choose, and I can't wait for that decision :(
Aug 16, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2010
there wasnt a single episode where i did not laugh even if this show goes on till season 7 i know they cant let me down 9/10 priceless
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 26, 2013 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
Himeji X Akihisa <3 10/10 for me :)

I want season 3 .__.
Oct 25, 2013 4:33 AM

Jun 2013
one word for this series...

AWESOME!!!(10/10)
why most LN adaptations always ends up in 2 seasons?? ~.~
Dec 2, 2013 2:17 AM
Sep 2013
Well...that was a really abrupt series ender...It's almost like they had planned on making more episodes after this one...Hmm...maybe they did and they're just saving them for a 3rd season. Well, we can hope I suppose. I'd love a third season personally. They really stepped up the quality of just about everything in the second season, and I'm itching to see more that.
Dec 7, 2013 4:53 AM
Sep 2013
the end was hilarious, i loved it
Dec 14, 2013 5:22 PM
Nov 2013
Overall this is a really good anime...not epic...but pretty good....I will give season 2 the same as I gave season 1 a 7/10. I'm a Minami fan...love gals who kick ass....and let's face it...she performs wrestling moves.....instant win!! lol :)
Dec 17, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
f*ck this sh*t
/rantsfromaminamifag
Dec 20, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2013
I hope there would be a season 3 of this seriously this anime is so entertaining and fun to watch 9/10 for me :)
Dec 23, 2013 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
I liked it. Comedy was decent, many stuff was so unpredictable, that it got predictable as the series went by.
Feb 18, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
I'm gonna recap it quickly ... so I liked almost every character especially Shouko, Minami, Muttsurini, Kubo, Yuuji and Hideyoshi I loved them!! But I don't like Himeji and Matsuri. That yuri harassment to Minami was totally disgusting, because I love Akihisa x Minami couple, so maybe that's the reason why I don't like them though. I hope same as you do there will be 3rd season, but I recommend to read LN. Overall 7/10 !!
Feb 23, 2014 2:32 PM
Dec 2013
My first episode discussion. Joy!

Well, I did enjoy the episode. It had me laughing a bit, and I enjoyed the moments with Akihisa, Minami, Kubo, and Miharu. It was funny, but when it came down with Akihisa and Minami, it had a touching feeling.

One thing though. Akihisa still doesn't know that either Minami or Himeji love him. I've seen people saying that he does, but that would be false. He starts thinking about it for half a second, but then Minami came in.

All and all, this season gets a 10/10 from me. I could only hope that what I've found about a season three is true. Not talking about fans saying there will be without any excuses, but actual proof.
Feb 25, 2014 5:00 AM

Sep 2009
Yoshii is such an idiot. The very first episode of Baka Test at the beginning was very apt. He might be the dumbest character I have seen in an anime. Pretty good series though regardless of the fact the main is stupid, like so many series out there....7/10 overall

Apr 20, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
I loved this episode.

Himeji told Yoshii sorta and kissed him awww!

Minami nearly told him.

They won, yay!

End was funny!

I hope they make a third season <3
May 18, 2014 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
And here we have it, the shitty harem ending. Why did I even expect anything different from this show. Massively disappointed that Himeji, the most boring and predictable character of all time, gets good romantic screen time with Akihisa. Such a typical harem ending. I wanna gauge my eyeballs out. Minami was definitely the better match, and she was entertaining to watch as well. She had a rich backstory that really connected her to Akihisa.

Alright that's it for the romantic part of the show. Romance wasn't what made me love this show in the first place so it really comes second hand overal. The comedy was this shows golden goose, especially during season 1. Season 2 had a lot more romance in it, which could be argued to be good or bad. I for one missed quite a few jokes that were common in season 1. They overused some of the jokes and made Himoji and Minami turn yandere for a couple of episodes. On the comedy side, season 1 was definitely better.

Was thinking about giving this show a 8/10 or perhaps a 9/10, but that's stretching it. I'm just so disappointed that they decided to play it safe and give Himoji valuable screen time to keep the fanbase happy.
May 21, 2014 7:09 PM
Dec 2013
AnimeSweden said:
And here we have it, the shitty harem ending. Why did I even expect anything different from this show. Massively disappointed that Himeji, the most boring and predictable character of all time, gets good romantic screen time with Akihisa. Such a typical harem ending. I wanna gauge my eyeballs out. Minami was definitely the better match, and she was entertaining to watch as well. She had a rich backstory that really connected her to Akihisa.

Alright that's it for the romantic part of the show. Romance wasn't what made me love this show in the first place so it really comes second hand overal. The comedy was this shows golden goose, especially during season 1. Season 2 had a lot more romance in it, which could be argued to be good or bad. I for one missed quite a few jokes that were common in season 1. They overused some of the jokes and made Himoji and Minami turn yandere for a couple of episodes. On the comedy side, season 1 was definitely better.

Was thinking about giving this show a 8/10 or perhaps a 9/10, but that's stretching it. I'm just so disappointed that they decided to play it safe and give Himoji valuable screen time to keep the fanbase happy.

Eh, I don't even think that Himeji has much of a fan base. The entire series is based off of the light novels, but they changed the ending a bit. Originally, Minami wasn't suppose to come in. Anyhow, there is a rumor of a season three, and by rumor, I mean that there's a 97.3% chance that it'll happen. But, I'll agree with you on the "Minami vs Himeji" debate. Himeji seemed to be bland, and Minami's character was much more interesting. She also had the most character development, which made me happy.
May 30, 2014 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
Last Episode!!!
MinamixAkihisa moments!!
Minami Kawaii!!!
shimizu you look more monstrous than ever!!
shhimizu and Kubo vs the Summer fags!! (SummerFaggots win!! oh its fags alright.)
MizukixAkihisa Moments!!
Mizuki so kawaii!!! (I am not comparing the two!!)
Akihisa B-A-R-R-I-ER!!! (in contrast on how he said it!!)
That Two Faggots will surely be raped in a minute. (or in 5 minutes and so.)
Hideyoshi and Voyeur!! Masters of Miscellaneous things!!
"You messed with the wrong Idiots!!"-Yuuji-Akihisa!! ... Nuff Said.
ShoukoxYuuji Moments!!
MizukixAkihisa!!! What a Sweet Couple :) (same for minami I guess.)
Akihisa you're one lucky guy !! Nice!!
Funny and Great Ending!!!
GREAT EPISODE!!!
and that's how Season 2 Cover was Made !!! :D
Going Circles!! lol!! .

Overall , Conclusion... An anime for all ages!! Truly an Exceptional , humorous Great anime !!
I had so many great time... I laugh most of its episode... Got Mad in the most swindling scene..
Almost Cried out of its beautiful deliberation of Feels... Damn... This is one of my most favorite anime in my entire life... I really got excited on big cliffhangers .. I am always satisfied in most endings because I know that in that ending everything has been solved firmly (not in the cliffhangers) and Everybody is getting ready for the next episode!! It brings me happiness whenever they turn funny jokes into huge gags .. That I am gonna find it boring over the time..
But No.. I didn't find any boring moments!! because those jokes that was turn into this Huge Gags is getting better over time!!.. Also , They Give Time to show some Character backgrounds , using it as a full episode to get everybody intact on the information of the main characters!!
Character Development... I think everybody developed one or more Things that needs to be Developed at . Personality , Attitude or even appearance . Main Characters got better!!!
Plot : Got most of it successfully in one episode or two ...
Genre Correction .. None at all.. (They Got all the specific genres correct .)
Relationships : Almost all of the ones who got relationship improved.
Settings : Great !! I love that Shoukanjuu System!! It feels like I am on War games too!! I felt the gaming vibes on how Those Chibi fights!! (I also I love the part whenever New Shoukanjuu System is shown ... Like how they change into Grown-ups).
Well I think thats all I am gonna say.
I could say more for this anime but I will choose to stop at this moment ...
Final Wish for this anime!!!... MAKE MORE SEASONS IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!!
Best Wishes on the sales !! (even if this is 4 year old anime . ) Until next time :D
Note : The Opening and Ending song were great!!! I like the animation and the singing of it!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2011
The humor started to get a little repetitive, but it was a hilarious season nonetheless. Not my favorite ending either, but not to say I wasn't satisfied. Really had a great time with Baka to Test and it honestly surpassed my expectations. Baka!
Nov 4, 2014 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
I'll miss this anime...
Hopefully, there will be a 3rd season
Nov 12, 2014 4:11 AM
Dec 2011
Naxrrhid_Blade said:
HimejixAkihisa all the way!!!1!!!!

Season 3, wait..., i cannot!!!! lol

yes yes akihisa and mizuki himeji all the way they are made for each other :3
Nov 12, 2014 4:15 AM
Dec 2011
awww akihisa and mizuki himeji.... forever.... in the ending credits hideyoshi finally got a MEN'S cloths good for him ! :3
Nov 29, 2014 7:36 PM

Nov 2007
From the looks of it, its really gonna be AkihisaxHimeji. Tsk. Demo ne, at first iwas also rooting for that pair but weeeeee. Didnt expect minami's character to grow on me. Ugh. Haha. Sooo. Really. I go all out for AkihisaxMinami! <3 hohoho.

I love the 2nd season more. Haha. I dunno but i enjoyed this season more. ;D
Im hoping for season III. :))
Jan 25, 2015 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
Not as great as the first season but still fucking awesome.

Cant believe I never watched this for the longest time.

Season 1 would be a 9, then this would be an 8 for sure.

Too bad it's now 2015 and this aired in 2011. Don't think a season 3 is going to happen. And this show fucking deserves it. A lot of comedies make me chuckle, but this is one of the top few that just left me in tears it was so funny.
Jan 30, 2015 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
This season was more easier to watch compared to the first one which was entirely about the battles within the school. My favourite episodes were the Yuuji and Shouko one as well as the backstory episode about the tsundere German girl. I liked that this season wasn't set entirely inside the school setting because that would be too boring.

I'd like to see a sequel that resolves the romantic subplots between the characters.
Feb 5, 2015 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
Better than the 1st season and ova, I never expected that I would enjoy this. This is a comrom not a romcom so LOL at the people expecting a conclusive romance. Himeji is better than Manami, well I hate tsundere in general.

6/10
Mar 25, 2015 3:26 PM
Sep 2014
I think this is best comedy i saw since i started watching anime.
I feel bad i skipped this show for so long, i laughed my ass off. I also like how they added drama flashback episodes, nice touch, but it would be better if they were OVA's instead of break episode from cliffhanger ending. But, i dont mind. I hope season 3 will come out soon.
Apr 13, 2015 1:50 PM
Nov 2010
The girls punishing mostly Akihisa for no reason was all over this season and I found it to be fairly annoying. Episodes 8 and 10 were the peaks of this season, in my opinion. Overall, it was alright.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

137 by Dywei »»
Apr 26, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 8, 2011

132 by Dywei »»
Apr 26, 8:30 AM

» A 3rd season?

SooKwang - Nov 6, 2011

9 by Saternates »»
Mar 3, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2011

98 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Aug 18, 2011

162 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.