Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 15, 2011 10:40 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About young Yuuji and Shouko.

Both Kyouko, no one wanted to talk to her while transfer, and Yuuji, acts as if he's smarter, only has each other.

Yuuji's mother likes Shouko, and lol~

Senpais picking on Yuuji, and Shouko trying to stop them, and now she involved.

Yuuji vs. Young Yuuji conversation is interesting. So he was glad that he became Baka (or involving with Akihisa).

He hit them because of Shouko.

Oh, she mentioned her promise to marry Yuuji to his mother.

Wait, is that Hi-Ho! ? (ED) So it's Yuuji x Shouko ED!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 15, 2011 2:06 PM

Oct 2010
An excellent episode once again about Shouko x Yuuji. One of the things I loved about it is the introduction of Yuuji’s mother as follows,

She is such a MILF worth putting on anyone’s list. Moreover the detail of her ring that means she is married is an important detail I liked. One of the most memorable moments with Yuuji’s mother is in the following spoiler
Shouko confessing to her and her face were terrific parts of that segment.

While on the other hand I found Yuuji to be super cool in the following,

The man punches right after having a heavy hit directly on the nose. On top of that I hated that shit in the spoiler
it’s always like that when it’s 3 VS 1. Yuuji should have kicked the guy out.

Can’t believe how much I found Shouko mature in the following spoiler
her talking about her breasts and Yuuji’s reaction here to it were quite incredible. For one Shouko was being serious there to please him with her breast talk while he was being immature by being shy. Shouko was shy but at least she was not scarred of admitting Yuuji being a guy and would be pleased of knowing that her breasts are growing. That is freaking amazing of Shouko at that specific age. They also showed her lips in a sexy fashion but it can seen also has a desire to kiss out Yuuji. Well regardless loved the Shouko faces in the spoiler
they created a meltdown of MOE in me TBH.

Some points of EF techniques:
  • Using the shadow with mature/younger version in the spoiler
    I have seen some of that in Ef and it was excellent to sue4 in this episode.

• The movie like imagery in the spoiler
    which was used to an extent with Minami’s past episode.
Whereas the first episode of Shouko x Yuuji was more funny than serious this one is much more serious than fun, which compensates. I really liked the serious tone of this episode about Shouko and Yuuji. Maybe more later.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
Shouko, Yuuji's mother and Yuuji look all cool. Yuuji actually looks like a bad boy IMO.

tsubasalover said:
One of the best endings for them. Really happy about that ED. Especially the flashbacks in the spoiler
that is what made it win. Specifically the first season flashback after Yuuji fought. Yuuji should just GTFO from his world and marry already Shouko. I must have said that over 10 times here and there on some episodes at least I though of that over 10 times since season 1.
Yumekichi11Sep 16, 2011 1:15 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
HNNNNGG! Awesome episode displaying young Yuuji's courage to save young Shouko and young Shouko is just adorable. ED was great as well.

Yumekichi11 said:
Yuuji should just GTFO from his world and marry already Shouko.

Agreed 110%.
sakaSep 16, 2011 7:01 PM
Sep 15, 2011 6:43 PM

Oct 2009
Easily one of the best episodes of this season, along with episode 8... loli-Shouko made me hnnnghhh way more than expected

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Sep 15, 2011 7:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I didn't think I would like this episode. But, I was pleasantly surprised. Loli-Shouko is so cute!!! And when Yuuji's mom I literally did the shoop-da-woop face. She's so hot.
Sep 15, 2011 9:52 PM

Mar 2009
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Wow... that was... amazing. <3 Shouko
Stop being an omega baka, Yuuji and confess to her already.

Edit: And yeah, Yuuji's mother is pretty hot.
Sep 15, 2011 10:34 PM

May 2011
Yuuji's mother is pretty! a great episode. felt kinda sad for shouko at the beginning when no one wanted to talk to her after transferring in. lol when shouko told yuuji her breasts are getting bigger and asked if he was interested. I couldn't help but go awwww when shouko told yuuji's mother that she wanted to become yuuji's wife when she grows up.

a wonderful ED to complement yuuji and shouko! <3
Sep 15, 2011 11:33 PM

Jul 2011
Where do you find episode 11? I can't find it anywhere :/
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Sep 16, 2011 12:16 AM

Mar 2009
Gigglepud said:
Where do you find episode 11? I can't find it anywhere :/

I presume you were looking for it subtitled? It isn't yet.
Sep 16, 2011 12:21 AM
Jun 2008
What can I say... The director is same with Ef.

Yumekichi11 said:
An excellent episode once again about Shouko x Yuuji. One of the things I loved about it is the introduction of Yuuji’s mother as follows,

My first impression of her is this...
Sep 16, 2011 1:11 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
What can I say... The director is same with Ef.

Yumekichi11 said:

My first impression of her is this...
OK? O_o You think appearance wise she is similar to Moeka? I see no problem with that. the problem I see is that there is nothing more to her with Moeka. Thank God she does not have the character of Moeka at all. :D

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 16, 2011 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

tsubasalover said:
One of the best endings for them. Really happy about that ED.

Ever since the beginning of second season, I saw from the official site (and the preview ep) that there will be this song playing somewhere as ?? theme song. I'm glad that it finally aired.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 16, 2011 6:46 AM

Mar 2010
That was one of the best episodes in Baka Test so far. Oonuma Shin FTW! XD

Sep 16, 2011 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
So far weakest episode of the season, since it was too standard and could fit into any ordinary school life series while baka to test is about taking things into unbelieveably ridiculous levels ( see akihisa and minami episodes ). Plus, who cares about Yuji.
Sep 16, 2011 7:48 AM

Jun 2010
ShortTermCrook said:
Plus, who cares about Yuji.

My guess is - the 80-90% of the viewers. "Who cares about Akihisa?" would be a better question.

Who else thinks we've just learned the reason for Shouko to have mastered her STUN-GUN SKILLZ? ;]
Sep 16, 2011 8:18 AM

Jan 2011
This episode is really good! The way how the story was portrayed is definitely a selling point there.
Sep 16, 2011 8:20 AM
Apr 2010
HOLY CRAP; I completely forgot that we were at episode 11 already; seriously this series is so hilarious I forgot what episode I was in. Now that's good comedy.
Sep 16, 2011 8:51 AM

Nov 2010
Is it just me, or is there anyone else out there who felt that Shouko was too... wimpy as a child? It irked me to see her being picked on by those three envious snobs without her whipping out her all-amazing electric taser as a means of retaliation.

Jokes aside, this was a most interesting insight to Yuuji and Shouko's past. We are finally shown why Shouko became so darned infatuated with the guy in the first place, and well, it was rather satisfying.

Yuuji should really quit rejecting Shouko's advances and start to accept her. Such devoted partners are hard to come by in life.
"Love is power. Give it to another and you will bring bliss. Friends, criminals, strangers, and even yourself. All is reborn when you forgive, love, and understand."
Sep 16, 2011 8:53 AM

Aug 2007
I have been waiting for some more Shouko x Yuuji ever since the first season, and I'm glad I was able to get some more. It may not have reach the levels of what I usually see in Baka to Test, but I really enjoyed it. It was good to see what made Yuuji act the way he is now. Oh and past Shouko is too adorable.
Sep 16, 2011 9:25 AM
Dec 2007
Average flashback that really made a big deal out of virtually nothing. The romance between Yuuji and Shouko is mildly interesting but nothing more. Even Minami's flashback was better.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 16, 2011 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode! It was better than I expected.

Also, wow, how come the subs are out so much earlier this week? It's usually not until late Sunday/Monday. (North America)
Sep 16, 2011 9:34 AM

May 2008
The episode was pretty average as the second season has been so far.

The way they mocked shaft at the 15 minute mark though was quite hilarious. I wonder if anyone else noticed that.
Working
Sep 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Aug 2011
I liked the colors in the episode =] and now we move onto the finale of the series ;__; x
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 16, 2011 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
Full episode dedicated to Yuuji and Shouko. What else can i ask? Great episode, it shows very nicely why Shouko had a huge crush on Yuuji but she really changed with time. This pairing is full of win. I'm sure Yuuji will out of his denial mode and accept her feelings.
Sep 16, 2011 11:19 AM
Apr 2011
I just love how funny baka test is, but some serious episodes are great sometimes too.
5/5.
Sep 16, 2011 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
Good execution of the episode, but this season still sucks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 12:42 PM

Jun 2011
A cute episode, I liked when Yuuji (big) conversed with Yuuji (small) with small splashes of colour :D

The confession by Shouko at the end was super cute ^^,
but the question of how she became so "forward" arises O.o
Sep 16, 2011 12:55 PM

Nov 2007
Holy shit every episode after ep 6 has been amazing....freaking loving this
Sep 16, 2011 1:12 PM

Apr 2011
Yuuji's mom is smokin'! The romance was kinda cute too.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Sep 16, 2011 1:47 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this was the most serious episode. There were nearly no jokes at all. But it was great! :D
Sep 16, 2011 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
mad cute episode. happy to know why shouko started her love obsession lol
this is my god damn signature.
Sep 16, 2011 2:21 PM

Apr 2010
It was a pretty romantic ending and know we know why Shouko likes Yuuji tho this doesn't explain her obsession.

Youji's mother is a very nice person and has lot's a patience with her son from the looks of it.
She must be happy with a person as Shouko being interested in him.
Sep 16, 2011 2:35 PM

Jan 2010
LOL all I gotta say is Yuuji was a lil douche as a kid but atleast we know he turns out to be totally kickass once he grows up. Overall though kinda a boring episode though Yuuji's mom made me HNNNNNNNGGG.
Sep 16, 2011 2:54 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode. Explained a lot about how it was previously hinted that Yuuji was more than intelligent enough to be in F-class; because he became a bad ass delinquent for Shouko's sake in the past. Episode was overall a little more on the serious side, but I liked how Yuuji grew some balls and manned up. I'm totally for YuujixShouko

I think why Yuuji kept rejecting Shouko's advances may have been due to this incident in their childhood. Yuuji may have felt responsible for having Shouko get involved with bullies that were after him, and could have been regretting it since, believing she simply deserves more. But what she truly deserves and wants is everything Yuuji already has...now all that's left is him to stop being a stubborn mule about it.
Estoy_GordoSep 16, 2011 3:19 PM
Sep 16, 2011 3:55 PM

Feb 2011
Rather serious episode...a lot more than expected from Baka to Test..it was nice though.
Sep 16, 2011 4:13 PM

Oct 2010
This might have been my fav baka test episode ever
Sep 16, 2011 4:41 PM

Nov 2010
Proof.

Shouko cute now, hot later.
Sep 16, 2011 4:50 PM

Dec 2009
I approve of this couple!!

Shouko x Yuuji FTW!

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Sep 16, 2011 5:51 PM

Apr 2010
Yuuji's mom is HOT!!!!! Great episode.
Sep 16, 2011 6:04 PM

Oct 2010
By far the best episode this show have muster..

Yumekichi11 said:
Yuuji should just GTFO from his world and marry already Shouko.

Like seriously she is like the second best female of the cast

Best one been Hazuki >.>
huh?
Sep 16, 2011 6:27 PM

May 2011
Yuuji's mom is beautiful and seems so nice. Looks like her cooking skill is pretty bad huh. I really liked her conversation with Shouko, that was pretty heartwarming.

Shouko is really adorable as a kid and harmless, thought for sure she was going to kick Yuuji's ass when they were going back and forth as Yuuji ignored her. Haha that scene was hilarious, Shouko saying random stuff about her breasts.

Loved this episode especially since it's about Shouko and Yuuji's past. Cmon Shouko a couple more tasers and you can get him.
Sep 16, 2011 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
ZeroZx said:
Yuuji's mom is beautiful and seems so nice. Looks like her cooking skill is pretty bad huh. I really liked her conversation with Shouko, that was pretty heartwarming.

Shouko is really adorable as a kid and harmless, thought for sure she was going to kick Yuuji's ass when they were going back and forth as Yuuji ignored her. Haha that scene was hilarious, Shouko saying random stuff about her breasts.

Loved this episode especially since it's about Shouko and Yuuji's past. Cmon Shouko a couple more tasers and you can get him.

Yuuji is such a tsundere.
Sep 16, 2011 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
Arrnea said:
Yuuji is such a tsundere.

LOL, he really is...

Anyways....+10 for the MILF, +10 for Loli Shouko, but the story was unoriginal and it seems like a mixture of Mizuki and Minami's reasons for liking Akihisa.

Yuuji show's an interest in the new transfer student and he protects her in her hour of need.....just like Akihisa showed an interest in Minami when she was new, and he protected Mizuki when she was in trouble.

It was cute but it's a complete RIP OFF from the other characters....4/5
Sep 16, 2011 8:05 PM

Nov 2007
pretty good flashback but I think I liked Minami's more. Shouko is awesome but...

Yuumi's mom was even better! where has this milf been before?!
Sep 16, 2011 8:29 PM

May 2009
Great backstory. Now the only question left is when did Shouka start with her violent tendencies?
Sep 16, 2011 8:33 PM

Mar 2011
Shouko is so adorable :3
Courtesy of Paul
Sep 16, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
Loli Shouko was cute :)

But her character was weird. She has no problem torturing Yuuji effortlessly in her current state, but she couldn't defend herself against the bullies? Also, why would she torture Yuuji, someone who was so kind and helpful to her?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 16, 2011 8:57 PM

Mar 2011
guyklc said:
Loli Shouko was cute :)

But her character was weird. She has no problem torturing Yuuji effortlessly in her current state, but she couldn't defend herself against the bullies? Also, why would she torture Yuuji, someone who was so kind and helpful to her?

As she grew up, it probably built up on her and became who she is now.
Courtesy of Paul
Sep 16, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2011

I think why Yuuji kept rejecting Shouko's advances may have been due to this incident in their childhood. Yuuji may have felt responsible for having Shouko get involved with bullies that were after him, and could have been regretting it since, believing she simply deserves more. But what she truly deserves and wants is everything Yuuji already has...now all that's left is him to stop being a stubborn mule about it.

This.
Also, anyone who have some social experience could understand that the guy have big self-esteem issues (which is quite common in shounen, but hey, the heroes are teenagers, and usually, during this time...)
In his case, more than "truly deserving her", I think that, even if he is always acting like a "I"m better than you" jerk (even in the present time, though it is less obvious), he's more affraid of bringing trouble to whoever he gets too attached to. A lover is an easy prey, and when you are subject to the hate of others... She have a fair chance of getting into troubles because of it as well.
It's quite clear that he COULD be interrested by Shouko, but the only problem isn't that she "deserves better". AFAIK he was never seriously interrested by any other girl until now, and still went quite far for her sometimes.
The guy just have serious issues about himself and don't want the same thing to happen again because of how bad-tempered he is. And the teenager-adult Yuuji knows that he is like this very, very well. It's not that he doesn't like her, it's that she is so important to him that he doesn't want to hurt her anyhow by being too close to her (the closer you are to people...), or to bring her trouble only by being here.
This, and the fact that he was a jerk to begin with.

That's my opinion anyway.

Otherwise, great episode. NOT what I was expecting at all, and I'm a bit sad that we're already at ep11. But I guess it was seriously needed given how far the show is.
Now Shouko have more dept than a stupid "stalker with a crush" and yuuji is more complex than a basic tsundere perverted wwhen he feels like it, and that's very good the way it is.

Probably a 4/5 of a 5/5.
Damn, this is when I hate MAL's notation. It should be on 20 for animes, and on 10 for episodes. This way it would have a 9 and period.

Maybe it wasn't about Minami (I'm a big fanboy of her since a while, red hair + green eyes + cute personality) or whatever, maybe it wasn't HO FUNNY despite the fact that the show is supposed to be a comedy, Maybe a whole episode about one event was long, but at least the characters really, really feel human.

And I don't really approve with whoever said that it was a big fuss over a little thing (I don't remember your nickname, sorry). I think anyone who lived the same kind of even IRL could approve that it is very, very important into defining your personality later.
willardhwrightSep 16, 2011 9:11 PM
Sep 16, 2011 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
yea an episode finally came out early instead of sunday
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» A 3rd season?

SooKwang - Nov 6, 2011

9 by Saternates »»
Mar 3, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 29, 2011

171 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 22, 2011

98 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Aug 18, 2011

162 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 11, 2011

84 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.