Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
joebr1993 said:
Do people actually think there would have been peace forever and ever? I get it that R2 had a great ending. However let's be real, that peace was only temporary measures.

The events of the Code Geass universe not ending there and the possibility of new conflicts arising seems like a shit excuse to make a new season with Lelouch. R2 was a perfect conclusion to his story, bringing him back just makes me feel sorry for the sore teats of the franchise.
Nov 27, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2009
Windfall said:
joebr1993 said:
Do people actually think there would have been peace forever and ever? I get it that R2 had a great ending. However let's be real, that peace was only temporary measures.

The events of the Code Geass universe not ending there and the possibility of new conflicts arising seems like a shit excuse to make a new season with Lelouch. R2 was a perfect conclusion to his story, bringing him back just makes me feel sorry for the sore teats of the franchise.
Antearion said:
I want to be hyped but R2 was the perfect ending. I don't know where they can go from there. I feel like it would be so forced.

its not a excuse.. literally aliens could attack more world wars.. more nations posing a threat its not a excuse.

lets not act like it finished complete there were reasons he shouldnt have died to begin with
Nov 27, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
Windfall said:
joebr1993 said:

Right because that's being totally realistic. Peace is never a permanent treatment. That's the point I'm making. Therefore I can see why a sequel is workable. Bringing back Lelouch I think is a good idea. I can care less if people think it's just to milk it. They have an opportunity to expand further into Geass and why not have Lelouch. Seriously no one else can carry the mantle in my opinion.
FlashoftheBladeNov 27, 2016 1:07 PM
Nov 27, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2008
YES, YOUR MAJESTY.
Nov 27, 2016 1:04 PM
Jun 2014
What a good day to be alive
Nov 27, 2016 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
He was an annoying little piece of shit

So no
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 27, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
TsundereHeart said:
I have very low expectations that this will be able to continue off the amazing ending that R2 had.
(also I thought a lot of R2 besides the ending was questionable or stupid, so....there's that too)

Also what's the show even going to be about? If they reveal that Lelouch somehow lived then
1. that's retarded
2. way to ruin the impact of R2's ending

not really you can just accept the r2 ending and ignore r3
Nov 27, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2012

Very excited actually. I hope it's as good as the first two seasons.
Nov 27, 2016 1:10 PM

Nov 2016
Or can wait to see what the story will pertain. That might work too for you. Lol 😂👏
Nov 27, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
I'm not happy there's gonna be a sequel... R2 ended perfectly, I don't see the need for a continuation.
And I'd like to think that the peace lasted a bit longer than a few years.
Nov 27, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
I feel concerned since R2 was a good end to Lelouch's ambition.
But hey, Madoka had also a good close to all the witch/meguka with the new cycle of life and they managed to make a great movie, so I'll try to have faith also in Lelouch.
It can't be worse than guilty crown, right? Right?!

The worst part is how they are going to make a challenge to someone who is already inmortal.

Frostbytes said:
Lol they approved this into database so quickly? Fuking kek

Anyway let's see what the format is, not sure how to feel abt it since the ending was perfect.

Btw where are the "lelouch is ded" theories guys? :P

Anon and reddit is going crazy.

They'll make three recap movies and then launch a new season, R3.
Waifus only represent ideals
Nov 27, 2016 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
InternetDude9001 said:
JIBUN WOOOOOOOOO

My feelings exactly
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Nov 27, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2012
So the sun was actually a place to go vacation at. Lelouch gonna be tanned as fuck, right Taniguchi?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 27, 2016 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
xXcorbanXx said:
But hey, Madoka had also a good close to all the witch/meguka with the new cycle of life and they managed to make a great movie, so I'll try to have faith also in Lelouch.

The worst part is how they are going to make a challenge to someone who is already inmortal.

Frostbytes said:
Lol they approved this into database so quickly? Fuking kek

Anyway let's see what the format is, not sure how to feel abt it since the ending was perfect.

Btw where are the "lelouch is ded" theories guys? :P

Anon and reddit is going crazy.

They said about the recap movies format, but didn't utter a single word abt the format of the sequel, can be anything.
Nov 27, 2016 1:28 PM

May 2012
Windfall said:
joebr1993 said:

I feel the same way. It's like there is no point in bringing back Lelouch. If they wanted to make a S3 of Suzaku being the main and him having to play the role of zero because he is suppose to be dead, then I would be hyped. But bring back Lelouch makes his death completely pointless. His death bought peace to the world. That's the only thing we wanted and he got it. Even though he couldn't see it for himself he knew he made a better world. To bring him back is just stupid as hell imo.
Nov 27, 2016 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
joebr1993 said:
Right because that's being totally realistic. Peace is never a permanent treatment. That's the point I'm making. Therefore I can see why a sequel is workable. Bringing back Lelouch I think is a good idea. I can care less if people think it's just to milk it. They have an opportunity to expand further into Geass and why not have Lelouch.

It being realistic doesn't mean that it will work on a fictional story. A story typically starts when something interesting is about to happen with the protagonist and ends when the main conflict is solved. You certainly can go beyond those boundaries, but more often than not there's only so much you can do before it gets repetitive, things start feeling too disconnected and/or require you to do asspulls to keep things going. The overall quality just tends to get harmed when you overuse the same universe and characters.

joebr1993 said:
Seriously no one else can carry the mantel in my opinion.

I'm not. On your previous post, you asked if people actually believed there would have been peace forever in the Code Geass universe, so I'm answering that question. I'm just giving you my opinion.
Nov 27, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
tragedydesu said:
Im not going to watch it
It will ruin everything

Let's even rate this as 1 before watching it right?

Also let's not forget the give 10 for AOT:S2 because we can predict future.

I hope you will see my point with this sarcasm.

JIBUUUUNNN WOOOOOOOO
Nov 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2009
TsundereHeart said:
AForgottenSoul said:

No, that's just being delusional.

As it was before this was announced, Lelouch was dead. The show said it, the authors said it. The people that were like "oh Lelouch survived all along" only had bullshit like an obviously fake YouTube clip and half-assed theories along the lines of "uhh this character smiled here so he must be alive" or "well CLEARLY because this person is holding onto origami that means sword + chest + no Code =/= dead" or "well you can't PROVE the universe doesn't work this way even though the show never even suggested it!"

But if the authors say he survived then it will in fact be canon. I might think it sucks but I'm not going to pretend the author's word doesn't exist.

if the show said it why have the cart scene and in the world of CG being brought back is not some big shock.

you are the one being delusional.
Antearion said:
Windfall said:

I feel the same way. It's like there is no point in bringing back Lelouch. If they wanted to make a S3 of Suzaku being the main and him having to play the role of zero because he is suppose to be dead, then I would be hyped. But bring back Lelouch makes his death completely pointless. His death bought peace to the world. That's the only thing we wanted and he got it. Even though he couldn't see it for himself he knew he made a better world. To bring him back is just stupid as hell imo.

if there was no point to bring him back there would be no r3, peace doesn't last forever.
Nov 27, 2016 1:34 PM

Jun 2010
Tylerr said:

didn't he geass them?

From what i understood he sent Jeremiah to put down the initial rebellions that sprung up. following that nothing more was said about them.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->

May 2012
AForgottenSoul said:
TsundereHeart said:

As it was before this was announced, Lelouch was dead. The show said it, the authors said it. The people that were like "oh Lelouch survived all along" only had bullshit like an obviously fake YouTube clip and half-assed theories along the lines of "uhh this character smiled here so he must be alive" or "well CLEARLY because this person is holding onto origami that means sword + chest + no Code =/= dead" or "well you can't PROVE the universe doesn't work this way even though the show never even suggested it!"

But if the authors say he survived then it will in fact be canon. I might think it sucks but I'm not going to pretend the author's word doesn't exist.

if the show said it why have the cart scene and in the world of CG being brought back is not some big shock.

Antearion said:

if there was no point to bring him back there would be no r3, peace doesn't last forever.

Yes but death does. Plus he accomplished his main goal so there really is no point of bringing him back. It's like you want him back just cause you want him back.

Nov 2016
Windfall said:
joebr1993 said:
Right because that's being totally realistic. Peace is never a permanent treatment. That's the point I'm making. Therefore I can see why a sequel is workable. Bringing back Lelouch I think is a good idea. I can care less if people think it's just to milk it. They have an opportunity to expand further into Geass and why not have Lelouch.

It being realistic doesn't mean that it will work on a fictional story. A story typically starts when something interesting is about to happen with the protagonist and ends when the main conflict is solved. You certainly can go beyond those boundaries, but more often than not there's only so much you can do before it gets repetitive, things start feeling too disconnected and/or require you to do asspulls to keep things going. The overall quality just tends to get harmed when you overuse the same universe and characters.

joebr1993 said:
Seriously no one else can carry the mantel in my opinion.

I'm not. On your previous post, you asked if people actually believed there would have been peace forever in the Code Geass universe, so I'm answering that question. I'm just giving you my opinion.

Well I think it's safe to say that we should just be patient and see what the story will consist.I'm not saying that this will be great either. I just think people automatically knocking it down is just a bit ridiculous. All I see are people saying that the world now is in peace so no point of it. I'm just making my point that well peace doesn't last forever. Again we don't know what conflicts may be faced this time around. This is just jumping the gun without having anything whatsoever to base your opinion on this S3 besides how you feel R2 ended.

May 2014
Nothing New to contribute to the thread other than the hype... so...

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOO

Edit 2:

Ainima94 said:
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
50 NEW EPISODE OF LELOUCH

sorry what?.. w-what? Did any new news arrive while I wasnt paying attention? or is this a wish thing?

PS:Wait was that ur 1st forum post?... XD Hail lelouch
eshwar007Nov 27, 2016 1:38 PM
Nov 27, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Frostbytes said:
xXcorbanXx said:

They said about the recap movies format, but didn't utter a single word abt the format of the sequel, can be anything.

Right, looking again it says that don't know yet the format :/
Waifus only represent ideals
Nov 27, 2016 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
I don't give a shit how forced this is, I will gladly take more Code Geass in my life!
Nov 27, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
TsundereHeart said:
AForgottenSoul said:

The existence of the cart scene doesn't mean he's necessarily alive, in fact it barely even implies it. The show said he was dead because

1. We were given enough evidence that Lelouch did not attain Code
2. Suzaku put a sword THROUGH HIS CHEST
3. sword + chest = dead

The world being fantasy doesn't mean it should / will just arbitrarily bend rules like allowing mortal people to not be killed.

Also I think you misunderstood the "delusional" comment I wasn't insulting you I was saying that if I were to "just accept the r2 ending and ignore r3", then THAT would be delusional. Unless that's what you plan to do, I wasn't commenting on you so I don't know why you just randomly insulted me.

have you seen the code geass world? its not a real world , lets see how hes brought back before we cry wolf.
Nov 27, 2016 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Glad it confirms Lelouch is alive to shut up the people who were denying it there were so many hints in the show of this but not sure a sequel was really needed especially after so many years.
Nov 27, 2016 2:18 PM

Sep 2016
TheNextChamp said:
They can fuck this up so easily but I'm hyped as fuck

So true, but whatever happens, I'll accept it!

jibun wo
The inner mechinations of my mind are an enigma
Nov 27, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
Make Anime Great Again
Nov 27, 2016 2:23 PM

Mar 2014
Fucking hell. Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, more CG sounds great. On the other hand, it ended on a good note and that can be ruined now. The stakes are high here.
Nov 27, 2016 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Soooo Aldnoah Zero season 2? ^^

OT: Why?... I'm seriously more concern than actually happy about this. CG had a amazing conclusion, so giving it a continuation just sounds wrong...
Nov 27, 2016 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
R2 had a great ending, this is gonna ruin it sadly...
Nov 27, 2016 3:10 PM
Mar 2014
Code Geass Season 3 Anime COMFIRMED!!!! FUCK YEAH THE HERO STILL FUCKING ALIVE!!!!!!
Nov 27, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
What? They better not actually revive him. R2's closure is part of what made it great.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 27, 2016 3:12 PM
Nov 2016
All Hail Lelouch!!!
Nov 27, 2016 3:29 PM

Jun 2013
I love Code Geass but didn't Lelouch die? I hope they're not gonna bring him back cos that would ruin the EPIC EPIC ending where everyone, including me cried. I'd feel seriously decieved.
Nov 27, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2014
I don't wanna be that guy, but is it me or it is nowhere mentioned even hinted that "Lelouch is alive" or people are just jumping to conclusions based on the picture they choose for the cover? It'd be kind of cruel to believe that we'll see him in this sequel as a character who is alive, and when it gets released to be deeply disappointed because of our false conclusion.

Edit: And.. Lelouch was put as a main character of the series, plus the title.. Seems like I'm wrong. Or am I? :)
Pepii9Nov 27, 2016 4:15 PM
Nov 27, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
Oh, I'm freaking out, I'm freaking out, I'm freaking out!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 27, 2016 4:09 PM

Aug 2014
This is an interesting video.

This isn't a bad theory at all, if they reveal in the new project (sequel) that these hints were true, then this will be recorded (in Anime history) as a pretty good mindfuck twist.

Also i think they announced it too early, they could've waited a bit more, announcing it like that before two years is too much.
Nov 27, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
I return to belive this is The real one this one is a clone without implant fake memory.

Otherwise i will remove this cunning and note very honest man from my favorite character.
Nov 27, 2016 4:12 PM
Apr 2014
TsundereHeart said:
AForgottenSoul said:

Actually, the authors never confirmed or denied that Lelouch was dead or survived. They quite explicitly said that they won't tell.
Nov 27, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
Pepeh said:
I don't wanna be that guy, but is it me or it is nowhere mentioned even hinted that "Lelouch is alive" or people are just jumping to conclusions based on the picture they choose for the cover? It'd be kind of cruel to believe that we'll see him in this sequel as a character who is alive, and when it gets released to be deeply disappointed because of our false conclusion.

Edit: And.. Lelouch was put as a main character of the series, plus the title.. Seems like I'm wrong. Or am I? :)

the title is literally called revival of lelouch
Nov 27, 2016 5:24 PM

Jun 2016
OWWW I KNEW IT LELOUCH IS ALIVEEEEE ! One of the best chara i've ever seen
Nov 27, 2016 6:02 PM

Apr 2009
Turtles_Leader said:
Klassical said:
This is an interesting video.

This isn't a bad theory at all, if they reveal in the new project (sequel) that these hints were true, then this will be recorded (in Anime history) as a pretty good mindfuck twist.

Also i think they announced it too early, they could've waited a bit more, announcing it like that before two years is too much.

For the rest, I don't know, as I said, if lelouch is alive, I prefer the theory he is alive because he geassed the collective consciousness with the phrase "I want a future" but not because he as a code.

But people have to stop with that fake video of the cart guy. First of all, how do you explain no version the episode has it, and only YT or like videos. Then why the fuck, when the series was realised in HD720, are all those vid low res. It's obviously a fake (the scene not the theory), so why keeping bringing this up? Plus even if they change it, Taniguchi has been saying for years than Lelouch is dead. Why would there be that scene if even the creators said it's not possible.

Anyway, the "you have to die to activate the code" is not bad. But it's forgetting Charles tried to steal C.C.'s code, and there was nothing that supposed there was another condition to that. But I still think even if that was true, Lelouch didn't know it.

Lelouch is not Kira (From DN), especially in the last part, Lelouch want to atone, and him knowing that he will survive is just him double crossing everyone. That would have made sense at the beginning of season one, but not at the end of Season 2. It would denied his whole character growth. One of the things that make Lelouch such a good character is that, despite being a big manipulator, his motives are human.

the scene is not a fake and was released in japan

theres also simple stuff like Jeremiah just letting lelouch die
Nov 27, 2016 6:18 PM

Apr 2009
Turtles_Leader said:
AForgottenSoul said:

the scene is not a fake and was released in japan

theres also simple stuff like Jeremiah just letting lelouch die

ok, give me and edition, a date. It was not the the television diffusion, I followed it at the time, when only the fansubs based on television version existed. So it has to be in DVD, BR, but none of the subs availables on the internet have that scene. Plus I said Taniguchi has been saying that it was open to your own conclusion, but for him he was dead for years.

And as I said, I'm not against Lelouch being alive, if the theories explain everything the theory on the the video is good. But I'm against the use of that sequence as proof. Find me one HD version of that, and will give him a little credit. but for now, that's been out nearly since the end of the series, and in 8 years and an half, I didn't see one version of that that wasn't low def. also, there is also the cut in the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclxHVxR9Tk&list=FL3Fkp7hwc8m0sEJ33adfJlg&index=3
Nov 27, 2016 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
So it can be confirmed meme magic is the deadliest force known to man by now right? trump is the president, cubs won the world series, guts got off the boat, and now lelouch was the fucking cart driver you just cant make this shit up.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 27, 2016 6:25 PM
Apr 2013
ever since i finished r2, after seeing the last scene where cc was on a cart and mentioned lelouch name while talking either to herself or the cart driver makes me doubt that he is already dead. This seems to clarify everything now.
toshiro002Nov 27, 2016 6:35 PM
Nov 27, 2016 6:30 PM
Aug 2016
Heard about the cart driver theory, not impossible. Then again he could be coming back from the dead because geass itself is already a supernatural power.
Nov 27, 2016 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
Turtles_Leader said:
AForgottenSoul said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclxHVxR9Tk&list=FL3Fkp7hwc8m0sEJ33adfJlg&index=3

You realise that in the video you posted, we don't see the (fake) scene that confirm it's lelouch. It's that part I want in HD... But once again, I don't say it's not him. just that the scene is fake, so it may be him, it may not be.

that video does have the cart scene go to minute 7
Nov 27, 2016 6:47 PM

May 2014
AForgottenSoul said:
Pepeh said:

the title is literally called revival of lelouch
Yep, Revival. Therefore we may conclude that he is dead, and in this sequel they're going to revive him.
Nov 27, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2012
So we can say rest in peace mystery r2 ending, rip fan's theories?
Lelouch as the titular character of 3rd season proves that he's alive.
Is he immortal like CC now? What's with his geass then? What do you guys think?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

221 by Hawks10 »»
Jun 16, 6:02 PM

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

13 by Apratim »»
May 11, 11:14 PM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.