Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 27, 2016 11:57 PM

Dec 2012
OMG, such OP teigu~!!!!!

maybe the Tatsumi Incursio Dragon will negated by Esdeath blizzard.
Sep 27, 2016 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
ixarising said:
manbot95 said:

I think wave will save tatsumi by fighting while the doctor guy try's to wake up mine so she can save him with the power of love.

Or Tyrant Tatsumi may just eat Mine as his meal. :p

You such a sadist!!! go join Esdeath and die XD
Sep 28, 2016 12:33 AM
Feb 2015
RyuukiBeat said:
ixarising said:

Evil perhaps, sadist not really. While i enjoy seeing people suffer and dying in fiction, i don't really enjoy seeing torture, guro and well literally anything that involves too much blood. And no suffering and torture are different things to me.
Sep 28, 2016 12:38 AM

Dec 2012
I recently just reading this. At first I was like "Huh? It's still on going but the anime is finished." But then when I read it until this last chap, DEMN, the story of manga is far more awesome than the anime (for me XD)

Anyways.

WOAH. So cool! Well yeah, I really like Esdese now, she's so awesome and cool. I'm too excited for the next chapter. I hope Tatsumi will be back as a person to fight with Esdese. :D

- barely alive -
Sep 28, 2016 1:14 AM

Apr 2008
RyuukiBeat said:
ixarising said:

Mine is trash and would only give Tyrant indigestion
Sep 28, 2016 1:53 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty good. Esdeath as usual,show how OP she is.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 28, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2014
Good to see Kurome is safe /o/
Poor Tatsumi, wonder if he can still be saved.

Esdeath too OP, nerf pls. I'm glad it looks like she won't go down easily compared to anime.
Not sure if Akame used the drug already, hope she won't die.

Leone eh...I don't have much hope for her considering how she was left...wonder if she'll show up again.
Sep 28, 2016 6:01 AM
Jan 2015
Good luck surviving a Russian Blizzard of a 100,000 mile radius. No way that Kurome will ever survived sheer winter, and Wave's teigu cannot withstand the sheer cold of the blizzard, either.
Sep 28, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2008
VJ87G said:
Good luck surviving a Russian Blizzard of a 100,000 mile radius. No way that Kurome will ever survived sheer winter, and Wave's teigu cannot withstand the sheer cold of the blizzard, either.

They will both die in each other's arms ala the little matchbox girl
Sep 28, 2016 8:25 AM

May 2015
Go Esdeath :D Kill them all!!!! Muahahah!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 28, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Well I don't really see how Esdeath can be defeated at this point without some kind of deus ex machina element.

I hope Wave and Kurome are safe from this Blizzard, Cause them dying to this would seriously suck.
Sep 28, 2016 9:47 AM
Feb 2015
And by the time the war is over we'll see a few butt hurt people because Wave and Kurome survives.
Sep 28, 2016 1:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Gang up on Esdeath, more and more, and eventually she'll crack.

Thousands will die doing it though. I think Najenda will be one of them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 28, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2016
slay queen slay

All hail our new ice overlord <3
Sep 28, 2016 5:02 PM
Jan 2015
Good luck surviving a blizzard of a size of Russia itself. Chances of survival in Russian like blizzards : none whatsoever. They talk about how deadly Russian Blizzards are, size of Russia itself. And the temperature is -23° degrees. No one will ever survived a sheer blizzard like Esdeath.
Sep 29, 2016 5:46 AM
Jul 2013
-DoNutZ- said:
Manga Esdeath > Anime Esdeath
^^^^^^ This. 100%
Sep 29, 2016 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
Yup. Esdeath confirmed to be the 2nd Humanoid Natural Disaster after the Humanoid Typhoon, Vash the Stampede.
-DoNutZ- said:
I'm pretty sure manga anything always > anime anything
Sep 30, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2014
That's it people! We won't end with that crappy anime ending! We can still wonder how this will conclude :D Good job author-san.

Old_Raven said:
-DoNutZ- said:
I'm pretty sure manga anything always > anime anything
Not necessary. In my opinion the anime was excellent until episode 18 or so, when it began going its original route.

Illyricus said:
On another hand, this panel basically confirms for good that Esdeath was an evil bitch since her childhood and she is not reedemable. Hope her fanboys finally opens their eyes and admits she is in truth a monster.
We already knew that. Don't you ever have a villain that you can't stop liking?
Sep 30, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
Hibiki07 said:
Illyricus said:
On another hand, this panel basically confirms for good that Esdeath was an evil bitch since her childhood and she is not reedemable. Hope her fanboys finally opens their eyes and admits she is in truth a monster.
I said that for the fanboys who still think she can be redeemed despite the series saying again and again she is evil since the Island arc.
Sep 30, 2016 4:10 PM
Mar 2016
I have to say, it's been a long f*cking time since I read an Akame ga Kill! that I actually liked.

Hopefully, Tyrant can't go back to being Tatsumi.

Yes, Esdeath's "winter is coming" power seems like it is a total asspull, but it is not that OP when you think about it for a bit. Yeah, it kind of freezes a wide area, but it only really enables her to use her powers without exhausting her. It still does not beat the OPness of Pumpkin.

I am really looking forward to the ending of the manga now, which might just save it from being a bad manga and land it on "average" or even "good" territory.

If the author was bolder than he actually is, then one could hope that Esdeath actually won because she is the strongest character in the manga and definitely should win, by right of might.

But I know that won't be the case, so I will look forward to an Esdeath vs All brawl, or an Esdeath vs All vs Tatsumi Tyrant.
Sep 30, 2016 4:17 PM
Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
Esdeath is even more OP of what we believed. Holy fuck, she is able to pull anything new of her ass in any situation, after the World and the ice centaurs, now she brings the Ice Age.
I have clear now that the final battle will consists of TyrantTatsumi! and Akame (with the rest of the Teigu users, probably) against Esdeath.

I still think that is just Najenda's opinion. I don't think that Esdeath is any more evil than, say, Ares or Achilles from Greek Mythology. She just really likes war, common for people living in older more barbarous times.

In fact, I read the chapter as confirming that Esdeath is not evil. She withheld that last power until she had no more allies in the capital and ensured that it would not affect her subordinates, i.e. she was protecting them, even if she still doesn't care that much for them.

The fact that nobody seems to pursue Honest makes me think Leone will kill him after all. I hope being wrong, for God's sake.

The fact that no one was after Honest did strike me as bizarre, but I don't think Leone will be the one to do him in, I mean, isn't she a goner?
Sep 30, 2016 4:34 PM
Mar 2016
[quote=Sanc2ary message=47832211]
manbot95 said:
TEDIT: Also Esdeath is ridiculous. Blows me away that people have complained about the power of Pumpkin when there is an Esdeath running around.

I think the difference is that an OP antagonist always makes for great entertainment, think of Sauron in LOTR, Makoto Shishio in RuroKen, Frieza, Cell, and then Majin Boo in DBZ, Father in FMA/FMA:Brotherhood, L and Near in Death Note, etc, etc.

An OP "good" guy makes for a boring story if overused----as Mine and her Pumpkin were.
Oct 4, 2016 8:23 PM
Dec 2015
[quote=NathanielKeehl message=47976220]
Sanc2ary said:
manbot95 said:
TEDIT: Also Esdeath is ridiculous. Blows me away that people have complained about the power of Pumpkin when there is an Esdeath running around.

I think the difference is that an OP antagonist always makes for great entertainment, think of Sauron in LOTR, Makoto Shishio in RuroKen, Frieza, Cell, and then Majin Boo in DBZ, Father in FMA/FMA:Brotherhood, L and Near in Death Note, etc, etc.

An OP "good" guy makes for a boring story if overused----as Mine and her Pumpkin were.

How?!?!? This is what my point was. How is Pumpkin so OP? I just don't see it. It's a long range weapon that forces you to put yourself in danger before it becomes more than just a gun. It taps your life force when you fire it. It put's Mine in a coma in the manga and kills her in the anime. That's not OP IMO. Akame has a sword that instantly kills you if it cuts you. Esdeath is...Esdeath. Leone has the ability to recover form almost any wound, she is almost immortal. The list goes on...

But Pumpkin is OP?!?!
Oct 4, 2016 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
Sanc2ary said:
NathanielKeehl said:

How?!?!? This is what my point was. How is Pumpkin so OP? I just don't see it. It's a long range weapon that forces you to put yourself in danger before it becomes more than just a gun. It taps your life force when you fire it. It put's Mine in a coma in the manga and kills her in the anime. That's not OP IMO. Akame has a sword that instantly kills you if it cuts you. Esdeath is...Esdeath. Leone has the ability to recover form almost any wound, she is almost immortal. The list goes on...

But Pumpkin is OP?!?!
Don't put too much thought into it. Pumpkin is only ever OP when the finger-pointer hates Mine and/or is an Esdeath fanslave. Pumpkin was a fantastic and balanced Imperial Arm and weapon concept in general. As glad as I was to see Mine survive, I was saddened that we saw the last of Pumpkin.
Oct 5, 2016 6:11 AM

Apr 2008
Illyricus said:
Hibiki07 said:
I said that for the fanboys who still think she can be redeemed despite the series saying again and again she is evil since the Island arc.

I don't want her to be redeemed. I want her to win. Cause everyone else is trash.

Also pumpkin was absolute cancer in deus ex machina form changing its mechanics to whatever the author needed to make Mine win
Oct 5, 2016 2:39 PM
Mar 2016
Sanc2ary said:

But Pumpkin is OP?!?!

As I said, Esdeath doesn't count. She's an antagonist, she can be as OP as the author wants her to be. And that's great. It makes for good entertainment.

Leone can recover from almost any wound, but when she faces an opponent she can still get a rough beating. And she has taken a few of those.

I agree with you that Akame is too OP, and believe me that does bug me, indeed, it's one of the things that bug me about this series.

As for Pumpkin, yeah, in concept its not that OP. In action, it was pretty much f*cking OP. There was practically no way to kill Mine if she so much as noticed anyone sneeking up on her. The fact that the only way she could have been "taken out" was by having her gun draining her life force tells you everything you need to know.
Oct 5, 2016 2:42 PM
Mar 2016
Darklight0303 said:
I don't want her to be redeemed. I want her to win. Cause everyone else is trash.

Also pumpkin was absolute cancer in deus ex machina form changing its mechanics to whatever the author needed to make Mine win

^^^This. Both statements.
Oct 5, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2008
NathanielKeehl said:
It makes for good entertainment.

If you have hilariously low standards then sure as hell.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Oct 6, 2016 10:16 AM
Mar 2016
Junchi said:
NathanielKeehl said:
It makes for good entertainment.

I don't know what standards you have but, I will just say the following.

FMA/FMA:B, Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Berserk, Inuyasha, in anime and manga, and The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Matrix, Star Wars among books and films, are all series which have either proved to be very popular as forms of entertainment, have been critically acclaimed, or have been both.

You are welcome to say that they are all trash. But no doubt part of the reason why they have been successful is because the protagonists have had to face OP antagonists.
Oct 7, 2016 6:30 AM
Oct 2016
Well this is going to be a doozy to get Esdeath killed. And contrary to all people who want her to win. She does deserve to at least die for all she's pulled. I get people like her a lot as a villain. I'm not surprising since it makes all their dark sides feel better since villains are more interesting than heroes if you look at it another way. She's definitely one I wouldn't be around, knowing that she needs people to be willing to start wars just things to fit with her philosophy with the weak and the strong thing. In this case, what good is it if no many people or perhaps all people die with no way of recovering from her Russian Winter, right down to affecting the planet itself if possible? (Although it seems to affect only a country at least) It's a thought concerning how much abuse the world could take before it becomes uninhabitable, it depends on her power and how much that's put into it.

Anyway that's my shot on the whole thing. All I know is that while some people want her to win, they at least know this whole situation is wacked, and even if the whole thing goes in her favor and she wins...that's just it, no one starts out strong at the start, it becomes a hot mess of a progress that affects people, and not many people comes clean with it. And she's willing to do all that because she's truly set on the mindset that's been drilled into her, I doubt humanity could last that long before they make themselves extinct with her way the world should be. Power doesn't exactly cure stupidity or worse.
Ligerleon89Oct 7, 2016 7:23 AM
Oct 7, 2016 6:42 AM

May 2014
Great chapter. Looking forward to the next one.

Esdeath is getting asspull after asspull and yet the Mine haters are still here crying about Pumpkin which was destroyed 20 chapters ago, whilst ice bitch proceeds to freeze a country. Spot on lads. I think most of you are mad that Mine wrecked Budous face which was epic as fuck.

Hope esdeath gets crucified and murdered brutally along with Honest. Hopefully Mine will come back and help Tatsumi revert but it seems unlikely. Can always continue to hope.
Oct 7, 2016 6:48 AM

May 2014
NathanielKeehl said:
Junchi said:

I don't know what standards you have but, I will just say the following.

FMA/FMA:B, Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Code Geass, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Berserk, Inuyasha, in anime and manga, and The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Matrix, Star Wars among books and films, are all series which have either proved to be very popular as forms of entertainment, have been critically acclaimed, or have been both.

You are welcome to say that they are all trash. But no doubt part of the reason why they have been successful is because the protagonists have had to face OP antagonists.

Few of the enemies of the people in the anime, manga or movies you named would be considered OP tbh.
MilviBritanniaOct 7, 2016 11:10 AM
Oct 7, 2016 6:56 AM
Oct 2016
MilviBritannia said:

Esdeath is getting asspull after asspull and yet the Mine haters are still here crying about Pumpkin which was destroyed 20 chapters ago, whilst ice bitch proceeds to freeze a country. Spot on lads. I think most of you are mad that Mine wrecked Budous face which was epic as fuck.

Hope esdeath gets crucified and murdered brutally along with Honest. Hopefully Mine will come back and help Tatsumi revert but it seems unlikely. Can always continue to hope.

Anything could happen. Even a karma Houdini if I got the word correct. Esdeath is really indulged in what she believed that she's willing to start wars elsewhere. Unless she's killed, anybody who sees her will never catch a break, at all.
Oct 7, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2014
Ligerleon89 said:
MilviBritannia said:

Anything could happen. Even a karma Houdini if I got the word correct. Esdeath is really indulged in what she believed that she's willing to start wars elsewhere. Unless she's killed, anybody who sees her will never catch a break, at all.

Oh I know the writer is fairly unpredictable. the amount of butt hurt, if Tatsumi and Mine lived, on this forum from a few members would be endless.
Oct 7, 2016 7:52 PM
Dec 2015
NathanielKeehl said:
Sanc2ary said:

But Pumpkin is OP?!?!

As I said, Esdeath doesn't count. She's an antagonist, she can be as OP as the author wants her to be. And that's great. It makes for good entertainment.

Leone can recover from almost any wound, but when she faces an opponent she can still get a rough beating. And she has taken a few of those.

I agree with you that Akame is too OP, and believe me that does bug me, indeed, it's one of the things that bug me about this series.

As for Pumpkin, yeah, in concept its not that OP. In action, it was pretty much f*cking OP. There was practically no way to kill Mine if she so much as noticed anyone sneeking up on her. The fact that the only way she could have been "taken out" was by having her gun draining her life force tells you everything you need to know.

Ok, sorry it took a bit got get to this. So, I don't think just because Esdeath is the main antagonist that she gets a free pass from comparisons. I mean, look at the difference between Esdeath anime vs Esdeath manga. The anime Esdeath seems WAY less powerful than the manga version, yet people still LOVE the anime versoin of her and find her really powerful. So with that in mind, doesn't the manga version seem OP? If you compare Mine/Pumpkin to either Esdeath, there is really no comparison, right? Esdeath > Mine/Pumpkin. (Sorry, I have been drinking a little, so I am not sure my point was clear, I think she should still count. To try to make her immune seems to me like a cop out)

Your Leone point...So you are saying that because Leone get's her arse handed to her a few time that must mean she is not OP and not a good comparison? If that is the logic, than the same can be applied to Mine/Pumpkin. Mine gets trounced twice by Seryu, not once, but twice. The only reason she wins the second fight is because Seryu went to all out so her and her Teigu got cut in half. I suppose you could complain about the laser because it kinda comes out of nowhere, but is it really that surprising that a magic, spirit energy wielding gun, has both burst and laser fire. Doesn't seem that far fetched to me. (At least no more far fetched that the BS Seryu pulls. " oh look I have guns in my arms, oh look I have a gun in my mouth, oh look my teigu can go berserk, oh look I have a bomb in my head"...)
By the way, Seryu, at least to me, is NOT a strong member of Jager and Mine just barly defeats her.

Another thing, did you notice that Night Raid ALWAYS gives Mine a partner? Why is that? To me, it was because her Teigu was strong but only in certain situations. Get her alone and she is toast. Two examples.

1. The fight after the assassination of the Ministers family. Take Tatsumi away from that scene and despite having Pumpkin, Mine is toast. And that dude was just some random scrub.

2. The fight with Bol and Akame's sister. Tatsumi leaves Mine alone, and she gets taken out by a FROG!!! One big frog. Had it not been for the holes in it's stomach she would have died right there.

IMO these examples show are not OP in any way. Do you think Esdeath or Akame or Leone or any other member of Night Raid would have had issues with the scrub and the frog? I don't think so.

I agree with you on Akame. I really want to like her but I struggle with that for the same reason I struggle with Esdeath...to perfect.

Your last point about Mine killing herself says a bunch...I don't agree at all. All that says to me is that her weapon is balanced and has a trade off for the power boost. In fact, a little too much of a trade off IMO. I mean, think about it. Leone only dies because the Minister destroyed her power, yet you hint that you don't think Leone is OP, but Mine's weapon Kills/ disables her from pulling too much energy and that IS OP? That seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

It seems to me that it boils down to one thing. I made a rhyme about it.

If your girl is Mine than Pumpkin is fine.
If it's any other ship you're smokin than Pumpkin is broken.

Meh...I'm here all week...lol :)
Oct 7, 2016 11:26 PM
Dec 2015
MilviBritannia said:
Ligerleon89 said:

Oh I know the writer is fairly unpredictable. the amount of butt hurt, if Tatsumi and Mine lived, on this forum from a few members would be endless.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE these comments. It would be awesome to see the complete butt hurt if Tatsumi or Mine or (heaven forbid) both live.

I admit, I'm a Mine homer, but the insane double standard with Esdeath's absurd power boosts at the perfect time vs the stupid Mine hate for the exact same thing (and lets face it, Mine pull's it out of her arse...once vs Esdeath's, how many?) is silly.
Oct 8, 2016 12:11 AM

Apr 2008
Sanc2ary said:
MilviBritannia said:

I just wanted to say that I LOVE these comments. It would be awesome to see the complete butt hurt if Tatsumi or Mine or (heaven forbid) both live.

I admit, I'm a Mine homer, but the insane double standard with Esdeath's absurd power boosts at the perfect time vs the stupid Mine hate for the exact same thing (and lets face it, Mine pull's it out of her arse...once vs Esdeath's, how many?) is silly.

It was more than once but mine troglodytes like you wouldn't know that even if a meteor plastered with that information hit you in the face
Oct 8, 2016 12:35 AM
Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Sanc2ary said:

It was more than once but mine troglodytes like you wouldn't know that even if a meteor plastered with that information hit you in the face

I am indeed a Mine troglodyte for sure, I won't even pretend to try to dispute that, so I admit my opinion on this subject may be just a tad slanted. However other than the laser blast versus Seryu when does Mine or Pumpkin pull some random power out of their collective butts? I suppose you could use the fight with Budo as an example, but even then Mine and Pumpkin don't do anything special or beyond the scope of what was already established Pumpkin could do, it was just a supercharged shot that was strong enough to kill Bhutto, right?
Oct 8, 2016 3:06 PM
Sep 2015
Just to be clear
This new power of esdeath isn't her normal power. She stored up power for days in each ice warrior and then absorbed it all and released it at once.

This is basically a super charged esdeath

I also think this is a death flag for kurome. I predict she died from it which will make wave return
Oct 10, 2016 7:39 AM
Sep 2015
David_Nwachukwu said:
Just to be clear
This new power of esdeath isn't her normal power. She stored up power for days in each ice warrior and then absorbed it all and released it at once.

This is basically a super charged esdeath

I also think this is a death flag for kurome. I predict she died from it which will make wave return

Esdeath said those with a strong vital will survive so wave is fine but kurome will probably die in his hands hence rage boost material Wave come backs to the battle out of fury.
Oct 10, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2012
He is a kinda complete dragon now.
Doommaker said:
-DoNutZ- said:
^^^^^^ This. 100%

and why is that ? i sse no difference between Anime or manga Esdeath

Oct 10, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2013
AllenVonStein said:
Doommaker said:
^^^^^^ This. 100%

Manga Esdeath covered an entire continent with snow and ice in a mere instant with her powers. She is basically depicted as an unstoppable force of nature. Anime Esdeath lacks the hype or the feats to even compare to her. If the anime had gone the manga route, the epicness leading up to the final battle would have been far greater.
Oct 10, 2016 4:53 PM
Jan 2015
Doommaker said:
AllenVonStein said:

Manga Esdeath covered an entire continent with snow and ice in a mere instant with her powers. She is basically depicted as an unstoppable force of nature. Anime Esdeath lacks the hype or the feats to even compare to her. If the anime had gone the manga route, the epicness leading up to the final battle would have been far greater.

They were talking about how dark the manga is. Wild Hunt and everything else on top of that.
Oct 11, 2016 1:31 AM

May 2014
Sanc2ary said:
Darklight0303 said:

I am indeed a Mine troglodyte for sure, I won't even pretend to try to dispute that, so I admit my opinion on this subject may be just a tad slanted. However other than the laser blast versus Seryu when does Mine or Pumpkin pull some random power out of their collective butts? I suppose you could use the fight with Budo as an example, but even then Mine and Pumpkin don't do anything special or beyond the scope of what was already established Pumpkin could do, it was just a supercharged shot that was strong enough to kill Bhutto, right?

Never bother responding to darklight my friend. If you look at his previous troll posts nobody ever really responds to him anymore in this particular forum except people who agree with his over the top attention seeking emo "all must die because life is pain and death and let's cut ourselves together and watch more people die" point of view. You will come to see that he is probably doing this to troll/attention seek and has a big Mine hug pillow on his bed and a desktop of her and Tatsumi with children...afterall he talks about them more than any of their supposed fans :D

I will gladly join you in being a Mine troglodyte btw. a badge I will always wear with pride. She took out Budou and gave Esdeath a good fight for Tatsumi, what a legend! I <3 Mine...almost as much as her #1 fan Darklight.
MilviBritanniaOct 11, 2016 1:42 AM
Oct 12, 2016 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
Doommaker said:
AllenVonStein said:

She covered most of a country not a continent
Oct 20, 2016 3:12 PM
Mar 2016
MilviBritannia said:
[
NathanielKeehl said:

Few of the enemies of the people in the anime, manga or movies you named would be considered OP tbh.

Let's see, Father was OP. Cell was OP. Majin Boo was OP. Makoto Shishio was OP, and word of God said so as well. Emperor Charles and Suzaku were both pretty OP. L was OP. Titans are OP. Femto is OP. Naraku was OP. Sauron was OP af, so was Voldie, and the Machines. Darth Vader and Palpatine were both OP.
Oct 20, 2016 4:30 PM
Mar 2016
Sanc2ary said:
NathanielKeehl said:

Ok, sorry it took a bit got get to this. So, I don't think just because Esdeath is the main antagonist that she gets a free pass from comparisons. I mean, look at the difference between Esdeath anime vs Esdeath manga. The anime Esdeath seems WAY less powerful than the manga version, yet people still LOVE the anime versoin of her and find her really powerful. So with that in mind, doesn't the manga version seem OP? If you compare Mine/Pumpkin to either Esdeath, there is really no comparison, right? Esdeath > Mine/Pumpkin. (Sorry, I have been drinking a little, so I am not sure my point was clear, I think she should still count. To try to make her immune seems to me like a cop out)

As I said, I give her a free pass because she's the antagonist. I don't mind an OP antagonist, because, to reiterate my point, it makes for good entertainment to see the protagonist struggle against OP forces. But yeah, I prefer anime Esdeath, as far as her powers go, although manga Esdeath has a better design.

Your Leone point...So you are saying that because Leone get's her arse handed to her a few time that must mean she is not OP and not a good comparison? If that is the logic, than the same can be applied to Mine/Pumpkin. Mine gets trounced twice by Seryu, not once, but twice. The only reason she wins the second fight is because Seryu went to all out so her and her Teigu got cut in half. I suppose you could complain about the laser because it kinda comes out of nowhere, but is it really that surprising that a magic, spirit energy wielding gun, has both burst and laser fire. Doesn't seem that far fetched to me. (At least no more far fetched that the BS Seryu pulls. " oh look I have guns in my arms, oh look I have a gun in my mouth, oh look my teigu can go berserk, oh look I have a bomb in my head"...)
By the way, Seryu, at least to me, is NOT a strong member of Jager and Mine just barly defeats her.

Another thing, did you notice that Night Raid ALWAYS gives Mine a partner? Why is that? To me, it was because her Teigu was strong but only in certain situations. Get her alone and she is toast. Two examples.

1. The fight after the assassination of the Ministers family. Take Tatsumi away from that scene and despite having Pumpkin, Mine is toast. And that dude was just some random scrub.

2. The fight with Bol and Akame's sister. Tatsumi leaves Mine alone, and she gets taken out by a FROG!!! One big frog. Had it not been for the holes in it's stomach she would have died right there.

IMO these examples show are not OP in any way. Do you think Esdeath or Akame or Leone or any other member of Night Raid would have had issues with the scrub and the frog? I don't think so.

I agree with you on Akame. I really want to like her but I struggle with that for the same reason I struggle with Esdeath...to perfect.

Your last point about Mine killing herself says a bunch...I don't agree at all. All that says to me is that her weapon is balanced and has a trade off for the power boost. In fact, a little too much of a trade off IMO. I mean, think about it. Leone only dies because the Minister destroyed her power, yet you hint that you don't think Leone is OP, but Mine's weapon Kills/ disables her from pulling too much energy and that IS OP? That seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

It seems to me that it boils down to one thing. I made a rhyme about it.

If your girl is Mine than Pumpkin is fine.
If it's any other ship you're smokin than Pumpkin is broken.

Meh...I'm here all week...lol :)

Hmmm, you have a point, Leone was too OP. As a matter of fact, most of the protagonists were too OP. I have never felt that any of them were in any danger of losing because of that. I knew Stylish was bound to lose. I knew Bols was going to get screwed. I knew Kurome was going to lose. Etc, etc.

This is why I don't really like AgK!. I find that they wasted a perfectly good plot and perfectly good characters.
Nov 4, 2016 5:24 AM

May 2014
NathanielKeehl said:
MilviBritannia said:
[

Let's see, Father was OP. Cell was OP. Majin Boo was OP. Makoto Shishio was OP, and word of God said so as well. Emperor Charles and Suzaku were both pretty OP. L was OP. Titans are OP. Femto is OP. Naraku was OP. Sauron was OP af, so was Voldie, and the Machines. Darth Vader and Palpatine were both OP.

Father was powerful given he had so much knowledge partially from the philosopher's stone and the fact that he was over 400 years old. On the other hand he is far from God mode as he is continuously hurt by his enemies during his fight. Even in his ultimate form he is defeated by a number of alchemists working in tandem - Esdeath has so far shown her ability to surpass other teigu users without even breaking a sweat.

Cell/Majin Buu - Cell was weaker than Gohan and only got the upper hand because of his unpredictable regenerative abilities (seemingly far greater than Picollo's) after which he is again more or less solo'd by an injured Gohan with some assistance from Vegeta. Majin Buu only gets as far as he did because, as Goku says himself, Goku chooses not to kill him in fat form because he believes the earth needs to rely on others to defend it when he is not there.

Makoto Shishio - gets solod by Kenshin who just fought a number of strong opponents whilst knowing the secret to the amakakeru ryu no hirameki.

Emperor Charles and Suzaku? Lelouch banishes Charles alone without any real assistance and Suzaku is basically on par with Kallen so how he's op I don't really get.

L, Titans - ...uhhh L gets killed by Kira...Titan's get slain over and over by Eren, his crew and Levi. Levi being the one who often makes it seem effortless.

Femto - difficult to say he has barely showcased his powers. You would think he would be powerful being part of the God Hand and what not but there is no proof of this other than him killing a very powerful apostle.

Can't speak for Naraku as I've not watched that anime. I don't know who Voldie is.

Sauron...well if you had read silmarillion you would know hes basically a b*tch and not at all OP. He gets owned by one of his own subordinates and is a servant himself therefore he can't really be that op. He's more manipulative than he is powerful.

Vader and Palpatine...? Luke skywalker solos under normal circumstances.

I am not sure what your threshold is for calling someone OP. To me it seems that you simply call powerful villains or characters OP. Maybe it is a difference of interpretation but to me OP is someone like Hiko Seijūrō XIII who is confirmed to be far more powerful than Kenshin and is practically unbeatable as far as that universe goes. Lelouch and Kira to various degrees could be considered OP given that they seem to be able to deduce the future and prepare for every eventuality but even they make mistakes as is seen in the respective francise. Another good example and I suppose the definitive one of being OP would be Saitama but then he is a parody and supposed to be broken.
MilviBritanniaNov 4, 2016 5:31 AM
Nov 4, 2016 4:27 PM

Jul 2013
AmMar-Sama said:
I was always under the impression that Esdeath is a good person deep down despite her sadistic nature, but the this chapter pretty much confirmed that she is evil.

Dunno how I should feel about that..
That was confirmed since the arc when Syura transports her and Tatsumi to the dessert island. She may care a bit for her subordinates, but she is still evil to the core nonetheless.
Nov 6, 2016 7:53 AM
Mar 2016
MilviBritannia said:

Father was powerful given he had so much knowledge partially from the philosopher's stone and the fact that he was over 400 years old. On the other hand he is far from God mode as he is continuously hurt by his enemies during his fight. Even in his ultimate form he is defeated by a number of alchemists working in tandem - Esdeath has so far shown her ability to surpass other teigu users without even breaking a sweat.

Cell/Majin Buu - Cell was weaker than Gohan and only got the upper hand because of his unpredictable regenerative abilities (seemingly far greater than Picollo's) after which he is again more or less solo'd by an injured Gohan with some assistance from Vegeta. Majin Buu only gets as far as he did because, as Goku says himself, Goku chooses not to kill him in fat form because he believes the earth needs to rely on others to defend it when he is not there.

Makoto Shishio - gets solod by Kenshin who just fought a number of strong opponents whilst knowing the secret to the amakakeru ryu no hirameki.

Emperor Charles and Suzaku? Lelouch banishes Charles alone without any real assistance and Suzaku is basically on par with Kallen so how he's op I don't really get.

L, Titans - ...uhhh L gets killed by Kira...Titan's get slain over and over by Eren, his crew and Levi. Levi being the one who often makes it seem effortless.

Femto - difficult to say he has barely showcased his powers. You would think he would be powerful being part of the God Hand and what not but there is no proof of this other than him killing a very powerful apostle.

Can't speak for Naraku as I've not watched that anime. I don't know who Voldie is.

Sauron...well if you had read silmarillion you would know hes basically a b*tch and not at all OP. He gets owned by one of his own subordinates and is a servant himself therefore he can't really be that op. He's more manipulative than he is powerful.

Vader and Palpatine...? Luke skywalker solos under normal circumstances.

I am not sure what your threshold is for calling someone OP. To me it seems that you simply call powerful villains or characters OP. Maybe it is a difference of interpretation but to me OP is someone like Hiko Seijūrō XIII who is confirmed to be far more powerful than Kenshin and is practically unbeatable as far as that universe goes. Lelouch and Kira to various degrees could be considered OP given that they seem to be able to deduce the future and prepare for every eventuality but even they make mistakes as is seen in the respective francise. Another good example and I suppose the definitive one of being OP would be Saitama but then he is a parody and supposed to be broken.

Father was powerful given he was a philosopher stone, even without the knowledge and experience he would have been hard to defeat. True, he was eventually beaten, but it took a lot of time and effort to do so. And for much of the fight the efforts of the alchemists and the military did not even faze him.

Cell was not strong simply because of his regenerative abilities, by himself he was able to defeat all the Z warriors, and let's remember that Gohan only defeated him and the other cells after getting the power-up and going SSJ2---without that he would have been toast.

Majin Boo could only be defeated by Goku who, as you said, didn't want to intervene---I guess the author decided he had made his hero too OP and boring---but that means that Majin Boo was OP because he was able to annihilate everyone else by himself.

Makoto Shishio. I think you should go watch/read RuroKen again. Shishio survived the Amakakeru ryu no hirameki and was about to kill Kenshin when he overheated. In effect, he killed himself. And as I said before, Word of God is that he is OP and no one was going to be able to put him down.

Charles zi Britannia, again it takes an asspull power-up to defeat him---usually the sign of having to face a villain that's too OP. As for Suzaku, he was able to one-shot all the remaining Knights of the Round and he was only tied with Kallen in their last fight, in all the previous ones he had the upper hand.

True Sauron was not OP within the extended universe, but within the LOTR books he was OP, his only weakness was the Ring.

Vader was beaten by Luke only when the latter went dark side mode for a short moment and was able to disarm him, without that he would have lost. And Palpatine only got killed because of Vader, Luke wouldn't have been able to kill him on his own. And let's remember that both were old and heavily battle scarred---Vader especially---at the top of their game they were unbeatable.

L was only killed because he made a mistake, he announced his plans to try to see if the two other rules of the Death Note were fake. Without that he would have won. But again, Light's confrontation with L is one of constant effort and struggle before he eventually wins.

Titans... yeah, all right, they have suffered villain decay, and Levi himself is too OP---which is why I find him to be a boring character---but for a long time killing a Titan was something only a few could do, making them generally OP.

(Voldie was short for Voldemort).

Anyway, the difference between OP villains and OP heroes is that OP villains are all eventually defeated because "good guys always win." That doesn't mean that the villains are not OP. It simply means that their OP qualities must take second place to the moral demands of the author and the audience. Nevertheless, they are always beaten only through either asspulls and/or the combined efforts of several of the good guys.

Furthermore, the difference between the OP villains above and Esdeath are twofold. First, many of the works we are referring to are much better crafted than AgK! and therefore there are in-built limitations to the OPness of the villains. Secondly, they are all finished works so we know that the good guys won which makes us think that the villains/antagonists were not as OP as they actually were. I am sure Esdeath will endure the same fate.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

G_Spark233 - Dec 21, 2016

187 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 14, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Nov 20, 2016

115 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 21, 2014

755 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 27, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IdentityAngel - Jan 14, 2014

81 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.