Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2016 10:50 AM
Aug 2016
i feel kinda funny how everyone kill each other and nobody notice the dude with suit and long ass hair standing there and watching them until the end
i guess one of his talent is SHSL ninja that's why nobody can felt his presense

poor those couple who decide to kill each other beautifully but no, Kodaka decides that they have to die in despair and brutally
Aug 25, 2016 10:50 AM
Aug 2015
For more extra info, the song mukuro sang is part of japan traditional song. Search it up. Even K ON sang it
Aug 25, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if we are going to have some extra official information on those who died, they all have really nice character designs. Not in the anime, of course, since we don't have time for that, something extra would be nice, just their names and talents :O

Aug 25, 2016 10:59 AM

Sep 2013
Junko definitely lives up to her name as the True Ultimate Despair. The very 1st killing game ended quite quickly. Turns out Izuru was only responsible for 1 death out of the council member. I love Izuru's stoic reaction to everything, just observing everyone brutally killing each other.

Thought this was a fantastic episode with the song playing while everyone is going bat shit insane and murdering people without hesitation. Glad they at least mentioned where Nagito is at. Wonder how he'll get back to the school.

As each week goes by, my anxiety of finding out what happens to Chiaki grows more and more.

Aug 25, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2016
Allright, I'll be honest, the whole murder game scene I was giggling uncontrollably.
And the song... Yum.

I hope that Mirai-hen can catch up with this level of pure joy fuel, though I'm not sure if it really can at this point.
Aug 25, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2015
I mean.. I expected this to happen but oh wow...
This anime has been really light hearted and suddenly they throw something like this in? I was not prepared xd

But hey I like this episode.

Junko also stated that Mitarai's anime kinda "brainwashed" her. Could that imply that it was thanks to the anime that the 77th class fell into despair or could it be the anime that wiped the memories of the 78th class.
Aug 25, 2016 11:02 AM

Oct 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Too Corpse Party for my poor heart, I really didn't want to see that scene animated.

I liked the fact Kirigiri headmaster told Kizakura to look after Kirigiri, that explains why he sticks with her in Future Side the whole time. Clever,clever. (What a good boy Scout is, but he'll prob die anyway ;_;)

Same. I got really nervous watching everything, but I was kind of excited to finally be able to watch that. Idk. Poor student council students.
AND YES! I think he may die protecting Kirigiri.
Aug 25, 2016 11:04 AM
Dec 2010
Man, the dissonance in watching the council members brutally murder each other to nice, peaceful "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" was powerful.

I guess we're all still surprised Nanami is still alive, but I guess being the classroom leader of the 77th didn't automatically put her on the council.

Once again Junko does not disappoint or betray expectations. Things are only going to get more crazy from here.
Aug 25, 2016 11:08 AM

May 2016

NYURUHUHUHUHU!!!-Korosensei...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 25, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
Actually I'm not even sure if Izuru is responsible for 1 death, since according to Danganronpa 1 guy survives.
Aug 25, 2016 11:14 AM

Aug 2011
FragOutFire said:

That was like 2 episodes crammed into 1, they really need more eps to work with...

The motivations for the student council are sooooo dumb, they didn't even try, didn't even think, to bumrush mukuro

ah well. still fun

Once one student begins the killing, the other ones will start doing the same. It happened in DR1, it happened in SDR2. Did you learn nothing from those games?
It's like clapping. One person starts clapping, the others will eventually follow. There was a name for that, but I don't remember which was it.

BluexMage said:
Guess I'm the only one around here that thought this episode was beyond underwhelming. Such a huge build-up and it just didn't even pay off...

Wrong forum. Here's the discussion for Mirai-hen, Episode 7.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1545390
Aug 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
After a disappointing episode of Mirai-hen, a veeeeery nice one from Zetsubou-hen... just what I needed.
Finally despair has come!
The truth has been spoken, Izuru Kamukura is not the real responsible for the mass murder of the students council, he barely killed one of them and it wasn't even intentional, more like self-defense.

Mitarai and Tsumiki have been kidnapped by the Despair Sisters and now the picture is becoming clearer. Mitarai's anime has great influence in people's minds, so it's high likely that Junko will use this power as sort of propaganda, thanks to the huge media power this thing can have.
Junko spread the message of the mass muder among all Reserve Course students, blaming Izuru and causing a huge protest from the students.
Poor Izuru did nothing wrong.

Also, we can't ignore Chisa's words "I can die for Munakata", this further strengthens my Munakata-traitor theory, and even if he isn't the real traitor he surely has something to do with it.
If the old man said "Why would you sacrifice her" to him he probably meant that Munakata choosed to sacrifice Chisa for his unknown plan and the girl was probably okay with it, given how much she is willing to do for him.
But this isn't the right time to talk about stuff of Mirai-hen, so I will stop now.

If I really have to make one critique, I can say that the mutual killings between the student council was way too rushed, they just got the "motive" to start the killing and after a couple of seconds of "we won't do it we're friends", the scene went full retard and everyone was "you know what, fuck that let's kill each other". This made the scene feel forced for some reason. Shame.

Anyway, now that I know Izuru was not the one behind the mass murder, I really can't wait to see what's going to happen to him, Mitarai, Tsumiki and all others from 77th class.
TanoX_93Aug 25, 2016 11:30 AM
Aug 25, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
Damn that made me a little sick. They had such nice character designs too..

Mitarai please don't be evil. Please have Junko steal your work in the end and that's it. Please. ;___;
Aug 25, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 2015
DarkHayate said:
A lot of people died okay but ANYWAY is Juzo actually in love with Munakata? He told her he was jealous and if it's in a romantic way, I'm not sure if he got feelings for Chisa or for him. It's just a feeling I have but it kind of casts suspicion on him...

Not paying attention? From last episode shows that he has feelings for Chisa but Chisa is all for Munakata so he is jelly.
Aug 25, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Well, it kinda felt a bit rushed but I liked it and at least Nanami didnt die... yet.
Aug 25, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
Allow me to dispel the Mitarai is the villain in Future Arc theory.
1: The anime we see him animating is clearly not Future Arc. How would he even know what happens? Those storyboards we saw on his desk was just an estar egg.
2: It's just to obvious. Kodaka would not give as many clues this quickly.
Aug 25, 2016 11:35 AM

Mar 2014
Jesus what a fucking gore fest, I really didn't want to see that shit

On another note
kawaii-despair said:
Best scene of the whole episode hands down:
MANSERVICE
A
N
S
E
R
V
I
C
E
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 25, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
TanoX_93 said:

Anyway, now that I know Izuru was not the one behind the mass murder, I really can't wait to see what's going to happen to him, Mitarai, Tsumiki and all others from 77th class.

I have a little theory that Izuru is not really a *bad* guy like we all think. Not saying he is an *angel*, but he may not be an evil son of a bitch.

By the way, what did Mikan message say at the end? The subs I read didn't translate that (for some reason).
Aug 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2015
The EVA 2.0 song, lol.
Aug 25, 2016 11:46 AM

Feb 2016
KamuiGavin said:
TanoX_93 said:

I have a little theory that Izuru is not really a *bad* guy like we all think. Not saying he is an *angel*, but he may not be an evil son of a bitch.

By the way, what did Mikan message say at the end? The subs I read didn't translate that (for some reason).

The message said that she gonna help Mitarai to make his anime
Aug 25, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
So, someone pointed it out in the DR Brazilian forum I'm participating. It is a part from DR0, I think it's when Ryoko meets the Maid Monokuma and the Reserve Course students and could be related to one of the ways Junko's is planning to use Ryouta's brainwashing anime techniques.

SPOILERS FROM DR0, DON'T READ IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE NOVEL YET.

Aug 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
SirKurt said:
Still thinking that Kizakura is the traitor. If not he wouldn't recommend Junko and Mukuro into the school. His job is scouting god damn it. If he is not the traitor, then he is the biggest idiot ever.

Are we sure he was the one scouting them? In episode 5 Kizakura comments that there weren´t many students recruited for next year, at that moment Prinicpal Kirigiri pulled out the papers of Naegi´s class. We are shown only 7 papers, which mean not all of them were scouted yet.

In that same episode, while in the limousine, Junko tells Mukuro that they were both chosen to enter Hope School, and Mukuro was surprised. That means that she had no previous contact with the scouter or anyone related to the school. Junko possibly manipulated papers or hacked the system to get in.

Just something curious that might be important about Kizakura. When Chisa asked about Komaeda, she was told that they weren´t able to contact him, at what Kizaruka adds: "Knowing him, he probably won a ticket to travel around the world". And in episode 2 of the Mirai-Hen side, when everyone was asked to point out the culprit of the new killing game, out of the blue, he pointed out at Gekkougahara, and we know who she really was, something that he noticed (she wasn´t really the culprit, but there is a whole other theory about it).

He has a very analitic eye when it comes to people, so I believe he posseses impresive deduction skills
Dreams_of_NekoAug 25, 2016 11:57 AM
Aug 25, 2016 11:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, Komaeda singing the ED while bathing in the middle of a desert was hilarious af. The student council massacre was way more brutal than I expected it to be. Can't wait for the uncensored BDs! But I loved how the used the music to contrast the scene, it made it more disturbing. I thought that Izuru was the one who massacred the group of students. Junko lied to me, lol! I loved how they used the closing argument style at the end of the episode :D

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Chiaki's survival :(

5/5
Aug 25, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
KamuiGavin said:

I'm starting to have the same thought, but I don't have any theory yet. I might say he probably has done some really bad things, although not every one of them was intentional. I want to know more about him.
Aug 25, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
The death of that girl with the yellow rabbit hoodie and the girl who was originally going to kill herself were the most gruesome/despair-inducing for me. This episode was brutal.

So this mutual killing catalyzed the riots that would soon engulf the whole world. I thought this was gonna be how Chiaki died as she was one of the class reps, but now it looks like it's gonna be another way. I'm not sure whether to be relieved because this tragedy was so brutal...or scared because it could be even worse. Now we also have to see how Junko converted the 77th class into the Remnants of Despair.

It's all pure despair from here on out.

HyperL said:

LOL I wonder if that's a reference...I mean it was Assassination Classroom after all. Also it looks like Mukuro had that smile down pretty well:

Aug 25, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
Well then . Rip Student council.

Chiaki still bling alive was a plus. I like many others immediately scanned the council room when I relied what was about to go down and am happy to have not scene here.

Also that poor girl who just wanted to live. Being stabbed in the stomach by her "Knight in shining armor".

Also I'm probably a terrible person to have laughed when the two got double impaled but the act of it made me giggle. I guess you can say it was really "hammered" into me.

I'm sorry.

All in all though twas great. Now to wait for a (hopefully) uncensored version. Oh the despair it'll bring me.
Aug 25, 2016 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
Lel that went from 0 to 100 real quick.

My man the Animator gonna get all the bitches when his anime is 100% completed and released. Making 3 girls cry their eyes out on their first watching is some next level anime making.
Aug 25, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Well this was...despair inducing as hell. Shit is getting so serious from now on. This is why danganronpa is amazing

BUT: wasn't there a little mistake here? In the novel Danganronpa Zero, the student council president survived the killing game but fell into a coma. Here we see all of them die. Wth? Correct me if im wrong.

Anyways, i hope we get to see Outonashi Ryouko in the next episodes.
why
Aug 25, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
KamuiGavin said:
BluexMage said:
Guess I'm the only one around here that thought this episode was beyond underwhelming. Such a huge build-up and it just didn't even pay off...

Since I can't tell if that was a joke:
Nah, I'm on the right forum.
Aug 25, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Mitarai´s anime proyect "symbol".

Komaeda in the opening.

Mitarai commented something along the lines about how his work or techniques could be considered like powder, you can use it to produce fireworks or guns. Junko had TNT written all over face.
Aug 25, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
GreatPizza-kun said:
BUT: wasn't there a little mistake here? In the novel Danganronpa Zero, the student council president survived the killing game but fell into a coma. Here we see all of them die. Wth? Correct me if im wrong.

In that clip of all the student council members' faces being blacked out, you actually don't see his black out but rather the red line cross over all the screens instead. So he did survive, although I'm not sure if Junko is aware of it (Izuru definitely isn't though as that's a canon fact).
Aug 25, 2016 12:23 PM
Jul 2016
GDSpeed said:
Junko also stated that Mitarai's anime kinda "brainwashed" her. Could that imply that it was thanks to the anime that the 77th class fell into despair or could it be the anime that wiped the memories of the 78th class.

I have a feeling it's the former. My guess is that Junko is going to use an altered version of Ryota's anime to turn the 77th class into her adoring, despair-obsessed cultists. Here's hoping Chiaki calls in sick that day.

Speaking of which, Nagito had better get back soon if he wants to get in on the whole brainwashing gig.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Aug 25, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2014
Chanaynay said:
GreatPizza-kun said:

In that clip of all the student council members' faces being blacked out, you actually don't see his black out but rather the red line cross over all the screens instead. So he did survive, although I'm not sure if Junko is aware of it (Izuru definitely isn't though as that's a canon fact).

Ah yeah you're right, i just remembered
why
Aug 25, 2016 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
Phendrus said:
GDSpeed said:

I have a feeling it's the former. My guess is that Junko is going to use an altered version of Ryota's anime to turn the 77th class into her adoring, despair-obsessed cultists. Here's hoping Chiaki calls in sick that day.

Speaking of which, Nagito had better get back soon if he wants to get in on the whole brainwashing gig.

Nagito's already fucked in the head enough to join by himself. No brainwashing needed unlike the other remnants of despair. He joined Junko just to see Despair's rise and fall
why
Aug 25, 2016 12:32 PM
Apr 2011
Chanaynay said:
The death of that girl with the yellow rabbit hoodie and the girl who was originally going to kill herself were the most gruesome/despair-inducing for me. This episode was brutal.

So this mutual killing catalyzed the riots that would soon engulf the whole world. I thought this was gonna be how Chiaki died as she was one of the class reps, but now it looks like it's gonna be another way. I'm not sure whether to be relieved because this tragedy was so brutal...or scared because it could be even worse. Now we also have to see how Junko converted the 77th class into the Remnants of Despair.

It's all pure despair from here on out.

HyperL said:

LOL I wonder if that's a reference...I mean it was Assassination Classroom after all. Also it looks like Mukuro had that smile down pretty well:

Soul Eater. Madness.
Aug 25, 2016 12:33 PM

Feb 2016
Hmm I am starting to see some problems with this adaptation.

First, aren't junko and mukuro already studying in the school - as first year students? We were not given any direct scenes between them and the rest of their class. Atleast 1 would have been nice ... you know ... to remind us that they are infact students in this academy too. I know it has been mentioned that they were accepted, and that this is DR3 with 3 meaning that you really should know what it is about already, and thats why I am saying it is a problem with the adaptation, not the story.

Second, wasn't this supposed to happen during their second school year? I mean junko and mukuro's. Atleast thats what I remember from the first game.

Third, how are ryota and ??? officially shsl animator and shsl impostor at the same time? If ryota received the invitation but ??? got in his place, how is ??? having his title on his introduction screen then? Is ??? an older student? How are the classes complete then? Or is this just hope's peak staff being awesome to be able recognize them both? If so how are they not able to see junko's real talent, even though junko is playing with them so directly?

Again I am not saying that these are plot holes or anything, it just isn't explained very well by this point.
Aug 25, 2016 12:34 PM
Apr 2011
SKP138 said:
Junko definitely lives up to her name as the True Ultimate Despair. The very 1st killing game ended quite quickly. Turns out Izuru was only responsible for 1 death out of the council member. I love Izuru's stoic reaction to everything, just observing everyone brutally killing each other.

Thought this was a fantastic episode with the song playing while everyone is going bat shit insane and murdering people without hesitation. Glad they at least mentioned where Nagito is at. Wonder how he'll get back to the school.

As each week goes by, my anxiety of finding out what happens to Chiaki grows more and more.

I personally feel he wasn't even technically responsible for that death. Considering that it just happened that the chainsaw was moving, which is that guy's own fault. If he hadn't tried to kill Izuru, he wouldn't have died. If the chainsaw wasn't moving, his would have just been incapacitated.
Aug 25, 2016 12:38 PM
Apr 2011
Dystania said:
Damn that made me a little sick. They had such nice character designs too..

Mitarai please don't be evil. Please have Junko steal your work in the end and that's it. Please. ;___;

So it was Mitarai who caused the Tragedy by helping Junko brainwash people into becoming apathetic. They probably just kept replaying the tune on every channel while the news is being reported, causing them to become more and more apathetic.
Aug 25, 2016 12:44 PM
Oct 2014
Sweet Jesus! What the fuck did I just watch? Is this Battle Royale the anime or something?

Also, check this out. Jason, Freddy and a chainsaw. What could it possibly mean?

Aug 25, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2016
I laughed way to hard at the banana and donut thingy :$ and i really start to love Junko now thar we get to know her better ^^

Aug 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Feb 2016
Rushed, but savage af, just one question. Did everyone saw this episode censored (With blurred black lines) or was it just me? That was kinda annoying
Aug 25, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
I hope Chikai doesn't get killed by Izuru..that probably happens though, huh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2015
It's to be expected that it's rushed, it'll only have 11 episodes so they won't waste time on a part like that.
Aug 25, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2016
It's going down...I'm yelling timbeeeer...

Horrifying. I'm actually scared. My weak heart can't handle this. They all looked so cool, too.
Aug 25, 2016 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
DR0: Izuru killed the student counsil!
Tbh, he was mostly a witness and in the end killed only one members in self defense.

So... that whole time I thought Chiaki would be one of the victims since she's the class representative, and can be used to "break Izuru's spirit".
This just makes me even more interested in what the hell happens to her.

Mitarai is obviously the one who helps create ultimate despairs, and the reason the over 2,000 reserve course student committed mass suicide.
IrrelativeAug 25, 2016 1:31 PM
Aug 25, 2016 1:28 PM
Feb 2015
Uhmm, yeah, kinda disturbing episode, I knew it was going to get dark but this dark, wow.... I was actually terrified.
Aug 25, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
God damn the censoring. Whatever. That was crazy. Kind of rushed, but crazy and entertaining nonetheless. Junko and Mukuro are monsters, and Junko even got Izuru even more interested. I loved it. Despair is so damn entertaining. Junko's influencing me. It's not good.

Anyways, I loved the Red Bull reference Junko made, and Mukuro singing Tsubasa Wo Kudasai, a very well known song that has been sung in many other anime (like Nichijou for example) was just wonderful.
Aug 25, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
BluexMage said:
KamuiGavin said:

Since I can't tell if that was a joke:
Nah, I'm on the right forum.

if the build up was for the student council massacre then i guess i understand your feelings. Most i could get from it is that about a dozen anime looking character designs got the crazy eyes on a Wednseday.

though, i feel like there wasn't build up for this scene.

(i will say that some of the deaths were creative atleast)
AzuStarAug 25, 2016 2:30 PM
Aug 25, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
best episode yet. the killing scene was really well done.
Aug 25, 2016 2:51 PM

May 2015
I loved how they utilized the panel along with the OST at the ending, just like in the game.

But holy crap, that was messed up and bloody. Despair everywhere. And now that despair is slowly spreading outside the academy. This was such a damn good episode. I hope they will remove the censorship in the BDs, though.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

256 by Wantiid7 »»
Aug 11, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2016

195 by WIIXAnd »»
May 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.