Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2016 3:55 PM
May 2015
Epir said:

I need an OVA at the very least of Arata and Hshiro finding out they're both test subjects and kiss or something jsfidshffhuhfhu or even an S2 holy shit
Read the spoilers if you really want to know why I don't think that's even possible

Jul 7, 2016 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
jc9622 said:
Epir said:

I need an OVA at the very least of Arata and Hshiro finding out they're both test subjects and kiss or something jsfidshffhuhfhu or even an S2 holy shit
Read the spoilers if you really want to know why I don't think that's even possible

Oh wowww y u do dis author ;_;
Jul 7, 2016 4:53 PM

Jul 2009
Ooya and Kariu are cute together, I am glad things worked out!
I knew it!!! Chizuru is also doing a ReLIFE!!! I really wanted Arata to kiss her, but he thinks that since he is going to disappear from her memories it is not fair...I really hope they both get together in the end, I want more, I hope they do a 2nd season! 8/10
Jul 7, 2016 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
6/10 overall was kind of an enjoyable series.

The Chizuru part about being in re life was kind of stupid and I thought it was only a year for the experiment and we got flashbacks saying that 001 was a failure.

Was going to rate it 7/10 but that part put me off at the end of the series without giving it a proper explanation at least...
Jul 8, 2016 6:24 AM
May 2013
Midou89 said:
6/10 overall was kind of an enjoyable series.

The Chizuru part about being in re life was kind of stupid and I thought it was only a year for the experiment and we got flashbacks saying that 001 was a failure.

Was going to rate it 7/10 but that part put me off at the end of the series without giving it a proper explanation at least...

well, 001 was a failure for the first year. then they managed to extend her test phase for another year. what's not to understand here?
Jul 8, 2016 7:01 AM

Feb 2014
I wish someone will also choose me to do a ReLife.

Hishsiro being test subject 001 was no surprise, there were hints from previous episodes that indirectly points that she is also a relife test subject.

I want a second season but I don't think the source material is enough for a another season.
Jul 8, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 2011
Oh, man oh maN. That was an unexpectedly great series. Really loved it, serious retro 90s anime vibe and everything. Fantastic chemistry with the characters, their friendships/crushes were very believable. I liked the jazzy soundtrack. the retro ending themes [Honey by l'arc en ciel was such a surprise!] The humor was spot on and original...

I can't believe I'm gonna be THAT fangirl but... 2ND SEASON PLEASE.

9/10
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 8, 2016 8:48 AM

May 2016
The way how it ended... gives me hope for Season 2. Can't wait for season 2 once there's enough to adapt!
Jul 8, 2016 9:14 AM

Mar 2016
Wow , i was hyped for this and it delivered too well. Likeable characters that you can connect with, good comedy and humour, and drama that wasn't annoying but was mostly good . And Kaizaki is a great MC. His past is sad, and his interaction with the other school mates and seeing how he influenced and inspired others was a lovely site. And in the end he's glad he did relife. Glad to see kariu and Oga finally got together. They look adorable with each other. And i kinda suspected hishiro is subject 001. I'm glad in a sense that she won't forget arata and is a test subject just like him, but sad since arata doesn't know that yet and is hesitant about thinking of her as a love interest since he doesn't know that she actually isn't a high-school girl.
An and hishiro best girls. Will miss their smiles and kaizaki and hishiro faces lol.
9/10
Shishou_23Jul 8, 2016 9:23 AM
Jul 8, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode and great anime! Loved it!! WE NEED A SEASON 2!!!
Jul 8, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
HOLY SHIT!!! the last two final episode, episode 12 and 13 are my favorites episode from this series. ma ship sailed in this episode. how happy i am right now lol xD

overall, it was a great finale. seriously. i really like that they ended this series with a freaking confession and moreover it's ma ship xD and it sailed!!! xD and i bet for people who didn't realize that Hishiro is subject no.1 got suprsied after they revealed it in this episode xD i'm not really a big fan of "Kaizaki x Hishiro" i'm more prefer him with Onoya somehow, but either way, i'm okay with it :D

i really hope they will make another season of this cause it's a waste imo if they didn't make another season unless if it wasn't really popular then probably it's better to not make any other season ;_;. just one more season and that will end the story. i kinda want to see where Kaizaki and Hishiro know eachother that they both are ReLife Subject xD

solid 9/10 from me :D
SHOW ME MORE KAIRU AND OGA MOMENTS IN THE SECOND SEASON!!!
Jul 8, 2016 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, just binge-watched this show in one go, and I really enjoyed it :) The concept was super intriguing, the comedy was spot-on, and most of the characters had some attention and development.

I find it amusing how the past few episodes have been helping Oga grow as a "healthy high-school boy". A tad bit unbelievable that the super-dense and innocent Oga would develop romantic feelings for Kariu by the end, but Kariu and Oga are so cute together that I'll let that slide. Oga's out-of-nowhere abrupt confession made the scene that much more amusing.

Since I'm too lazy to go make another post, I'll just mention here that this show treated me to one of the most clear and realistic scenes of mental breakdown I've ever seen. Yes, I'm talking about the part where Kariu collapses on the gym floor after her best friend leaves and thinks about how underwhelming she is.

Oh, and I've always had a lingering suspicion that Hishiro was test subject no.1. Remember the scene where Hishiro and Kaizaki exchange phone numbers in episode 2 (or 3)? Well before that, Hishiro talks about how she wants to change herself and that "it's my last chance", and Kaizaki replies something along the lines of "makes sense, we're both 3rd years after all". Then the show subtly lingers on Hishiro's frown for a second before the next exchange of dialogue, and I started thinking that she was the previous "failed" test subject.

And when that sudden revelation came in this ep, I was like I GODDAMN KNEW IT YASSS

Well I'm sure a bunch of other people suspected her from the start too tho

Anyways, I really hope they make a second season, though I suppose it's a bit too early for that. Please man at least consider it when there's enough source material, TMS :)
Jul 8, 2016 10:05 PM
Oct 2009
jc9622 said:
Epir said:

If she tells him it will end in a flash. The point is it about school life, so i bet they will ship after experiecing a lot of hardships, otherwise it won't be entertaining.

Was waiting for the kiss, would be nice ending otherwise it makes you want more.

2-nd part is bit rushed compared to how it started, the pace was great, episodes about supporter a bit dull, wanted to be more about MC's. Btw An is also sexy, great character, too bad she got less time and attention after it was revealed who she really is.
Jul 8, 2016 11:29 PM

Dec 2014
I wish it showed Hishiro and Kaizaki ending up together!!! Would've made it such a good and satisfying ending ahhh. Still great anime though, 9/10!
Jul 9, 2016 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
Only one question: seeing as they are both test subjects in ReLIFE, will Kaizaki and Hishiro remember each other when the experiment ends or will they forget like everyone else? If they remember, that'll be awkward for Kaizaki as I'm assuming he started his experiment a while after Hishiro did, so then he'd be the only one to remember Hishiro and everyone else would think he's pretty crazy for talking about someone who, as far as they know, doesn't exist.
Jul 9, 2016 7:04 AM
Nov 2010
Glad oga and kariu got together.

WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE KISS OMG YOURE BREAKING MY HEART KAIZAKI. BUT ITS OKAY CAUSE YOURE NOT a pedo
Jul 9, 2016 7:44 AM

Aug 2015
You know what show, you successfully did your purpose of solding me out to the manga cause right now I'm screaming for moar! Also I knew it that Hishiro will be subject no. 001 there's really some weird air about her for some reason and for her to be classmates with Ryo last year. Now based from what I gathered I'm just wondering if her ReLife starts a year before this current timeline, and if ever that is would that mean they also gave her a second chance by doing ReLife again or what, and as the other guy in this forum said if will this 2 test subjects will forget their memories of each other or what? Man there's so many questions that I want to clarify on this but moving with the last ep. Damn that KariuxOga confession just makes me scream like a girl like and telling them make a move now you fcks XD and ArataxHishiro just make me scream like a bitch and said the same thing, but sadly this Relife program is really like fireworks flashy and exciting at first but as it goes down boom it hets lonely at the end.

I think overall I like how this show tackeld some real social problems in this series, art and animation may be inconsistent sometimes but it really is miles better than what they showed in the 1st visual, love the OP and plethora of EDs in this series, and most of all I really enjoyed every single arc and the way Arata and others deal with their problems, Hishiro and her smiles are definitely to be missed. Overall this deserved my 9/10 rating.

As for the releasing proper, I think this also affects my enjoyment in this series for the fact that it lets me have a proper pace when watching this in my own way and for the fact that college work is really hindling my watching time so I think I really want to have this kind of thing in the future so I really do hope more future animes are released this way, only downside is I need moar XD
MizunashiJul 9, 2016 7:47 AM
Jul 9, 2016 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
Really liked it except for the volleyball arc which I didn't care for that much. Had no idea Hishiro was another relifer lol. Really want a 2nd season too. Btw, silly question but when they say "they will forget about you" do they just mean because they're young and they will be gone, or how else would they make them forget?! That was a bit weird for me cause you don't just forget great people in your life.
Jul 9, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
Awesome way to end the first season. It was a good decision made by the anime studio to include the 'big reveal' within the fireworks arc even though it was suppose to happen later on. I mean, there is is no telling if there will ever be a second season, so might as well give the viewers some satisfaction by throwing in the twist earlier on. The ending definitely gave off the happy but somewhat bittersweet feeling since anime-only viewers are kinda left to assume that the main pairing doesn't end up together due to the rules of the experiment. I hope the manga will eventually be able to give us the satisfying conclusion we deserve :)

For the show as a whole: great choice for VAs, amazing EDs+some jazz OST, good/decent art+animation and plot stays faithful to the source material. Overall, great adaptation of one of my favourite series!
Jul 9, 2016 9:15 PM

Mar 2015
I knew that one of the others was 001 but didn't see it being Hishiro! If only she and Kaizaki knew that about each other, maybe the romance woulda happened arrrgh!!

Really good series this one, thoroughly enjoyed it.

9/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2016 9:54 PM

Jun 2014
not as good as i was expecting
Jul 10, 2016 4:36 AM

Jan 2016
I enjoyed this so much. All characters are so charismatic, it has excelent humour, great songs, although that intense overly used and dramatic piano was becoming more and more annoying, and the episodes were released all at once at the same time! What is this magic, we need more of this
Jul 10, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2015
Enjoyed this series a lot. Glad I gave it a shot. 9/10 now going to read the manga :)
Jul 10, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2014
I want season 2... right now!

Great series, so far my favorite for this summer. overall I'll give 9/10, even though there are some stuff that I simply don''t get about the drug.

Now; should I wait for the second season, or follow the manga?
Jul 10, 2016 7:53 AM
Dec 2009
I did a double take when I checked for more episodes, this felt like the end of an arc but not the end of the series! I have so many questions! I feel like a lot of big stuff was left undone. Checking here I see the manga is still going so I guess that's why.

My biggest question is why Chizuru is still being tested. Doesn't it only last a year? Yoake already had what I thought was a year's worth of notes on her. Did she get a second chance? Or did something bad happen to make her have to repeat it over and over again (until she improves or something?).

If there's a season two on the way, I'll watch it :)
Jul 10, 2016 4:14 PM

Jun 2008
I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!!
In my guts I knew who #001 was and it was vindicated.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 10, 2016 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
I'm not a big fan of romance anime, but I enjoyed this a lot. Some episodes were slightly too melodramatic for my taste, but overall the lighthearted moments more than made up for that. Very fun.
Is a second season possible?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 10, 2016 6:48 PM

May 2016
The series was hella enjoyable. It was a sweet ending, however I wish they expanded more upon Chizuru and Kaizaki in the anime. Otherwise it was a very nice show.

Season 2 please !
Jul 10, 2016 8:54 PM

Jun 2016
Y'know what'd make this series just that much better? More exploration on ReLIFE! I dunno about you guys but I'd be hella curious to find out about their whole technology. Now that I think about it, this show could have branched off into a superhero action anime!
- Total victory is scoring an easy win by doing what you always do -
Karma Akabane
Jul 10, 2016 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
Would very much enjoy a second season of this. I'll definitely check out the manga in the meantime. It seems so obvious after the fact, but I was honestly pleasantly surprised when Subject No. 001 was revealed.
Jul 10, 2016 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
The last episode was really cute. Its a shame that the show was ruined by pointless drama near the end. Overall, a good anime and will be looking forward to hopefully a second season in the future :)
Jul 11, 2016 10:48 AM
May 2015
Soo Hishiro is the Subject n°1 :o, didn't expect that, and overall it was a great anime :D

Would be great if a season 2 is planned :)
Jul 11, 2016 12:13 PM
Nov 2010
The anime was fairly interesting and also well-produced. A few more episodes would probably wrap this story up well. The 001 was pretty obvious, but the rest of the stuff was not bad.

I'm also interested how popular this method of releasing episodes will be in the future.
Jul 11, 2016 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
Really surprised with the amount of praise and the high rating this show has. While I did enjoy it I really don't see anything too special about it. Yes the characters were developed nicely, but they were all just okay to me. Nevertheless, a good watch and definitely liked the ending at least. Needs a second season for sure...
Jul 11, 2016 3:02 PM
Apr 2016
1st things first for those who watch the anime alone, PLEASE READ CHAPTERS 100-111.

There was durastic changes to the confession between kairu and oga and in my opinion was way better than the version in the anime. It seemed like the last episode of the series was rushed either way, the confession still went out alright but I want to see your feedback in which confession was better.

Oh yeah chapter 111 is when subject 001 was actually revealed so that was also the difference between the webtoon and the anime. For us who read relife first it was a major gasp and awe. I was so hyped about that plot twist as I was sorta suspecting it. watching in the anime being revealed during the fireworks wasn't that hype for me since I knew what was gonna happen anyway, but I tried to look at it as if I never knew the plot and I feel that the anime version of subject 001 being revealed was way better than the webtoon version

But that's pretty much it:
Confession scene~ webtoon > anime
Subject 001 revealed~ anime > webtoon
Whats your opinion between the differences if these two scenes? :)
JulanrayJul 11, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 11, 2016 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
I really fell in love with this show, season 2 please!

And maybe I'm Oga-level oblivious but I did not see that plot twist coming, I thought Kariu was rehabilitee 001. I wonder if that means Kaizaki and Hishiro would remember each other after the year is up? I guess probably not :(

9/10
Jul 11, 2016 8:53 PM

Apr 2010
totally saw Hishiro being test subject 001 way into the start of the show.. glad its confirmed at least as the show ended.. I would have given the show 10 if it were finished though.. ugh.. looks like I'm gonna spoil myself with the manga while hoping for a second season.. great series!! 9/10
Jul 11, 2016 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
OMG. This show. I need more.
Jul 11, 2016 11:25 PM
Jul 2016
Since i finish this anime and want to read the manga what chapter should i start o plz help
Jul 12, 2016 9:00 AM

May 2016
Anime was good but it really made me feel ancient which made me sad.
Jul 12, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
I actually didn't expect this to be so good.
I didn't comment most of the episodes because i was too hyped to finish this xD
What a great ending.
Ooga + Kariu
Kaizaki + Hishiro
Yoake + Onoya :D
I definitely didn't expect Hishiro to be the 001, but when they showed us her life before "relife" i was actually sad, i want her to stay with Kaizaki.
But for that we need a 2S!!!
This was a great anime, i loved it way more than i expected, feeling all of this was so great. I really hope there will be a 2S.
9/10

Squad goals <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 12, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
What the fuck!!! Give me more! I ship Kazaiki and Hishiro so hard right now and an and everybody is just hnnnnnngggg!!!!
I was going to give this a 9, but this last episode was so great im gonna raise it to a 10
SEASON TWO NOW!!!!
Jul 12, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
I was lowkey shipping Ohga and Kaizaki. No yaoi 6/10
Bonus points because volleyball is gay ;)

(I seriously tried to write something meaningful, like how I could relate to Kaizaki because I'm a grown-up loser myself, trying to keep up with the image of a woman with a plan. This anime opens up all my scars of regret, but it also reminded me how I'm the product of my own mistakes and the lessons I've learned, therefore I'm beautiful and worthwhile in my own special way. Don't ask me why this occured to me while they portrayed the same old lovable clichè.)
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Just as humans have a prior right to existence over dogs by virtue of being more highly evolved and having a superior consciousness, so women have a prior right to existence over men. The elimination of any male is, therefore, a righteous and good act, an act highly beneficial to women as well as an act of mercy.
Jul 13, 2016 6:42 AM

Oct 2008
honestly... the ending is a cop out. why reveal what hoshiro is only to not capitalise on it??? just dumb ass writing for no reason (other than potentially allow for a sequel, but even then every other aspect of the show was pretty conclusive). still, the last episode at least was the most interesting ep in the show, maybe excluding the first.
Jul 13, 2016 10:18 AM

Dec 2015
anyone elsehad their suspicions when it was revealed that an is from the support decision? :p
i prime watchedwell except for a few plot webs that is it so the shock verification was still super effective for me :3

Jul 13, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
Really good anime. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. I think it was well executed and even though stuff with Honoka was a bit cliched and felt contrived at times, the anime managed to explore the themes it set in a satisfying way. I'm really hoping there will be a second season.
Jul 14, 2016 1:44 AM

Jul 2010
I wanna see maryy protogonist with hishiro :( I wanna watch new season
Jul 14, 2016 2:39 AM

Jun 2012
this had potential and of course it turned into a typical high school sol with nothing to write home about.

good job

4/10
Jul 14, 2016 3:45 AM

Apr 2014
Enjoyed the title. Was disappointed a bit with too much focus on the secondary characters, while Subject. 001 reveal was just a simple scene.

On the other hand... This is how reveals should probably be done. Simple fact, casually unveiled, proving most of the suspicions (because let's be honest, it's quite easy to guess who's who), and then moving on, because it's not necessary to emphasize on the reveal straight away. Leaves a bitter taste, yet draws closer, making you want for more.

So yes, the show is great. Weren't expecting this when decided to take a look at it, but then again, rating titles for simply breaking your expectations is silly IMO.
8/10.
Jul 14, 2016 4:07 AM
Jul 2016
When it's revealed that Chizuru is subject no. 001 in the manga I was like "Wait, hold up! Is it...nah m8 hold up!". Took me a while to absorb it. Despite some obvious cliches I enjoy the series as a whole. I think Arata will have everybody return the favor all at once (kinda like plot armor cliche, I know) for something he just can't seem to deal with. Each Arata and Chizuru will still remember everything after their ReLIFE is over and if they can find each other after that it'll be the final piece of the jigsaw (at least for their arc together). Animation-wise..I can't complain..almost everything were done right.
9/10 for some obviously avoidable cliches
DaToskaIDJul 14, 2016 6:00 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

98 by Coke07 »»
Sep 20, 5:24 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

115 by DARM11 »»
Jul 13, 2:54 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

207 by satorugirl »»
May 16, 6:06 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.